PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Hassan Whiteside to Lakers?

Thebesteva
06-25-2016, 11:11 PM
Seems inevitable

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2016, 11:28 PM
giving this clown a max contract = giving kobe 48.5...

why?

td4mvp2k
06-25-2016, 11:32 PM
giving this clown a max contract = giving kobe 48.5...

why?I hope they do :lmao

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2016, 11:43 PM
guys in new cba gettin paid more then guys on grandfather plans...and they are not even the top players in the league

Koolaid_Man
06-26-2016, 07:36 AM
The NBA will soon collapse as a business enterprise....its been run like a Banana Republic for years anyway...but with Duncanosexual, Dirk, Kobe and others from the previous generation leaving it will collapse like Rome did....its a matter of time now...because the skill level has declined that bubble has burst

Thread
06-26-2016, 07:44 AM
The NBA will soon collapse as a business enterprise....its been run like a Banana Republic for years anyway...but with Duncanosexual, Dirk, Kobe and others from the previous generation leaving it will collapse like Rome did....its a matter of time now...because the skill level has declined that bubble has burst

...could just be Duncan's balloon knot that burst. His doody bubble.

Koolaid_Man
06-26-2016, 03:38 PM

:lol You always know how to make a nigga laugh :toast

whitemamba
06-26-2016, 05:52 PM
ok Mitch

midnightpulp
06-27-2016, 01:35 AM
I'm giving the Lakers a 90% percent chance of landing him, and I hope it happens. Whiteside is massively overrated, has an attitude problem, and a game that doesn't really fit the modern NBA, when all bigs now need to be able to hit an 18 footer and at least switch on defense. He's basically Marcus Camby 0.9.

Ball Buster
06-27-2016, 01:42 AM
I hope you're right. I would take Whiteside in a minute. Even if he becomes a diva post contract, which he won't, he's still a trade-able asset as a tier 1 max player. He's a nice player. He's not going to have a massive drop off once he's paid.

whitemamba
06-27-2016, 01:45 AM
I'm giving the Lakers a 90% percent chance of landing him, and I hope it happens. Whiteside is massively overrated, has an attitude problem, and a game that doesn't really fit the modern NBA, when all bigs now need to be able to hit an 18 footer and at least switch on defense. He's basically Marcus Camby 0.9.

Are you not a fan of true centers ? I mean yeah I understand basketball is evolving, stretch 4s and 5s are taking over the game , but I disagree with you because of gaurds especially , but basically all positions athleticism and ability to attack the rim , I don't know the stats but pretty sure they were at the bottom of the barrel in points allowed in the painted area, and that immediately leads to wide open 3s as well. That being said white side is an incredible Upgrade to Roy Hibbert, and there's not many centers in the NBA plus we have a shit ton of caps pace so money isn't the issue, if we sign him which I think is doubtful , it's a win for the lakers in every category.

Donkeybong
06-27-2016, 02:13 AM
Would love to pick him up.

Thebesteva
06-27-2016, 02:47 AM
Would love to pick him up.
https://media.giphy.com/media/16iH1QKKlNrBm/giphy-facebook_s.jpg

midnightpulp
06-27-2016, 03:57 AM
Are you not a fan of true centers ? I mean yeah I understand basketball is evolving, stretch 4s and 5s are taking over the game , but I disagree with you because of gaurds especially , but basically all positions athleticism and ability to attack the rim , I don't know the stats but pretty sure they were at the bottom of the barrel in points allowed in the painted area, and that immediately leads to wide open 3s as well. That being said white side is an incredible Upgrade to Roy Hibbert, and there's not many centers in the NBA plus we have a shit ton of caps pace so money isn't the issue, if we sign him which I think is doubtful , it's a win for the lakers in every category.

Whiteside isn't really a true center. Zero post game. He's basically the poor man's version of Dwight Howard, and you see how Dwight is becoming more and more irrelevant by the season. He's a player you get on a "deal" and not max out. If the Lakers had a stretch 4 to pair him with, the singing would make more sense, but his big man running mate will be Julian, who hasn't hit a jumpshot since college :lol

I don't like it, especially considering all your young guns are perimeter players. They're going to need spacing to work with.

whitemamba
06-27-2016, 04:28 AM
Whiteside isn't really a true center. Zero post game. He's basically the poor man's version of Dwight Howard, and you see how Dwight is becoming more and more irrelevant by the season. He's a player you get on a "deal" and not max out. If the Lakers had a stretch 4 to pair him with, the singing would make more sense, but his big man running mate will be Julian, who hasn't hit a jumpshot since college :lol

I don't like it, especially considering all your young guns are perimeter players. They're going to need spacing to work with.

He averaged a double double and almost 4 blocks a game , we are not bringing him in to score , he earns his points of rebounds , and pick n rolls from time to time. He does everything else, Mid everyone and their mother are getting max contracts , it's just how it is now. As for _ulius, your right he literally couldn't shoot the ball, I'm hoping he's working on that , and more importantly using his right hand.

StrengthAndHonor
06-27-2016, 09:27 AM
The Lakers aren't exactly on top of the food chain right now and they are devoid of talent, if a player of Whiteside's caliber shows mutual interest, they should grab that opportunity. 24 out of 29 teams have max cap space available, if they missed out on Hassan, they will be forced to spend their cap space on worse players. The 2016 FA landscape isn't exactly flooded with talents. This is a no brainer for a team trying to build an identity and acquiring a big man with defensive credentials is a good step.

ambchang
06-27-2016, 10:41 AM
I'd rather hold on to the cap than to waste it and tie it down to someone who is this high-risk and low reward.

Stranger things have happened, but I do not see Whiteside as someone who can significantly change the outlook of a team. He is at best a Roy Hibbert in his prime, and even then I would doubt whether his prime would last as long. Just all kinds of red flags going off for this guy from a maturity / love of the game perspective, and he isn't really that good to begin with. I'd rather get a couple of middle of the road guys and gamble on some undrafted talent than to give anything over $15M/year to Whiteside.

The Gemini Method
06-27-2016, 10:49 AM
I'm weary of Whiteside. But as Strength mentioned, we are void of any wow players. I mean we have some good youth potential, and well, we are normally a center centric franchise...though with how the NBA has been trending, I don't know. If he cchoose to be L.A., I'll support him as a Laker fan. But July 1st will be pretty interesting on many fronts.

StrengthAndHonor
06-27-2016, 11:01 AM
I'm weary of Whiteside. But as Strength mentioned, we are void of any wow players. I mean we have some good youth potential, and well, we are normally a center centric franchise...though with how the NBA has been trending, I don't know. If he cchoose to be L.A., I'll support him as a Laker fan. But July 1st will be pretty interesting on many fronts.

Yes, also if things doesn't work out, a big man that puts up a double double plus 4 blocks a game can easily be moved. There's not a lot of big talents in the market after him. Gasol, Noah are on a steep decline. Greg Monroe is a waste of cap space, Ezeli is not starter material and Biyombo is even less polished. Dwight? Well, you know the rest.

The Gemini Method
06-27-2016, 11:23 AM
Yes, also if things doesn't work out, a big man that puts up a double double plus 4 blocks a game can easily be moved. There's not a lot of big talents in the market after him. Gasol, Noah are on a steep decline. Greg Monroe is a waste of cap space, Ezeli is not starter material and Biyombo is even less polished. Dwight? Well, you know the rest. Horford has been thrown around on sports talk around here...I'm not fond of his game for us. You're right...Whiteside could be movable. Do we take a gamble on him? Or do we wait for 2017 when the possibility of Durant and Westbrook become more pronounce...if Durant doesn't leave this summer. But that could be a fool's errand if we don't get moving on building back our brand.

TrainOfThought5
06-27-2016, 11:25 AM

Yeah, Whiteside for all his issues is a net positive to Hibbert

Killakobe81
06-27-2016, 11:46 AM
I'd rather hold on to the cap than to waste it and tie it down to someone who is this high-risk and low reward.

Stranger things have happened, but I do not see Whiteside as someone who can significantly change the outlook of a team. He is at best a Roy Hibbert in his prime, and even then I would doubt whether his prime would last as long. Just all kinds of red flags going off for this guy from a maturity / love of the game perspective, and he isn't really that good to begin with. I'd rather get a couple of middle of the road guys and gamble on some undrafted talent than to give anything over $15M/year to Whiteside.

Im with amb but the other choices are horrible.
Max for Parsons, DD, Barnes, Dwight ...even Conley are all ovepaying ...

ambchang
06-27-2016, 02:07 PM
Im with amb but the other choices are horrible.
Max for Parsons, DD, Barnes, Dwight ...even Conley are all ovepaying ...

I am in the camp that if there is nothing of value on the market, hold on to that cap room and make the right purchase.

Just because you have a $100 in your pocket doesn't mean that you HAVE to eat $20 big macs because the only other alternative is Taco Bell.

Killakobe81
06-27-2016, 02:15 PM
I am in the camp that if there is nothing of value on the market, hold on to that cap room and make the right purchase.

Just because you have a $100 in your pocket doesn't mean that you HAVE to eat $20 big macs because the only other alternative is Taco Bell.

No doubt. But we have way to many young players ...
We need some solid vets otherwise we will be lucky to win 25 games.
Problem is even guys that would be 12-15 million a few years back like Parsons all think they are worth 20 million plus. Maybe Lakers will have to consider bargain basement types like Afflalo because anybody worth anything is asking for max contracts.

Tully365
06-27-2016, 02:19 PM
Making the extremely immature Whiteside the highest paid player on a team is a recipe for disaster. Guys like Rodman, Artest, & others are great as important role players when mature veterans & centerpieces are around to monitor them. They can't be the centerpieces themselves.

RsxPiimp
06-27-2016, 02:32 PM
man if it wasn't for the fact whiteside is such a contract player with daddy issues I'd say give him whatever he wants:lol laker fans can't be picky especially coming off 3 lottery seasons :lol some of the fans are acting too smug as if we're holding all the cards when it's been proven time again the "l.a market" doesn't hold much value anymore.

my first choice was horford and Batum, 2 guys with high character but it's looking less likely they'll consider a dumpster like the lakers.

The lakers will have to use that cap space and after the top 15 most coveted FA signs with their respective teams (guess how many of them consider the lakers and are not RFA) then buss are left with the daunting task of selecting which C tier player they need to overpay the most :lmao

Killakobe81
06-27-2016, 02:36 PM
man if it wasn't for the fact whiteside is such a contract player with daddy issues I'd say give him whatever he wants:lol laker fans can't be picky especially coming off 3 lottery seasons :lol some of the fans are acting too smug as if we're holding all the cards when it's been proven time again the "l.a market" doesn't hold much value anymore.

my first choice was horford and Batum, 2 guys with high character but it's looking less likely they'll consider a dumpster like the lakers.

The lakers will have to use that cap space and after the top 15 most coveted FA signs with their respective teams (guess how many of them consider the lakers and are not RFA) then buss are left with the daunting task of selecting which C tier player they need to overpay the most :lmao

I honestly would gamble on Barnes ...
only because of the the age and position flex he offers.
I would offer less than max but enough to dissuade State.

DMC
06-27-2016, 02:37 PM

:lmao

ambchang
06-27-2016, 02:37 PM
No doubt. But we have way to many young players ...
We need some solid vets otherwise we will be lucky to win 25 games.
Problem is even guys that would be 12-15 million a few years back like Parsons all think they are worth 20 million plus. Maybe Lakers will have to consider bargain basement types like Afflalo because anybody worth anything is asking for max contracts.

This is probably the worst year for free agency. Cap hitting the roof, every team has a max deal or two to offer, the pickings are slim in terms of FA (two great ones, one of which is definitely staying, and the other is likely going to stay), a couple of decent ones, and a whole lot of overrated ones.

It's like getting the top pick in the 2001 draft.

RsxPiimp
06-27-2016, 02:58 PM
I honestly would gamble on Barnes ...
only because of the the age and position flex he offers.
I would offer less than max but enough to dissuade State.
pass on barnes because he's so redundant :lol at least for me, since we're gambling on which role player would suck less, i'd say go all in on whiteside and pray he sees the light lmao.

Killakobe81
06-27-2016, 03:14 PM
pass on barnes because he's so redundant :lol at least for me, since we're gambling on which role player would suck less, i'd say go all in on whiteside and pray he sees the light lmao.

I only take barnes if he could be had for less.
I actually think Biyombo wouldnt be a bad choice if we could get him for less ...
I just dont see ANYONE we could realistically get that is worth the max ...
I am not for us just signing someone to say we "won" FA or to try to prove we are still a "draw" or to fake relevancy.
Right now outside of the fanbase, extreme haters and the media we are irrelevant.

StrengthAndHonor
06-27-2016, 05:12 PM

Except that's not how it works. The Lakers are projected to have a minimum of $84 million in cap space. They just can't hold on to it.

whitemamba
06-27-2016, 05:18 PM
Except that's not how it works. The Lakers are projected to have a minimum of $84 million in cap space. They just can't hold on to it.

Spur fan trying to spin white side as not a good option is laughable at this point

RsxPiimp
06-27-2016, 05:34 PM
I only take barnes if he could be had for less.
I actually think Biyombo wouldnt be a bad choice if we could get him for less ...
I just dont see ANYONE we could realistically get that is worth the max ...
I am not for us just signing someone to say we "won" FA or to try to prove we are still a "draw" or to fake relevancy.
Right now outside of the fanbase, extreme haters and the media we are irrelevant.

realistically, Whiteside is an option. I've been very vocal about my dislike for his attitude since last year, but he fills some of the numerous holes the lakers need. he'll get you 15 and 11 and elite rim protection, his skill set doesn't grow on trees.

the cons? yeah it's a huge gamble. on a team full of rookies and sophomores, he may come in feeling entitled, he couldn't pull that shit in miami considering he's surrounded by alpha dogs making 10-20x more. we also don't have a strong voice inside the organization that the commands respect, so that could pose as a problem for a player known to have character issues.

bottom line though, I'll take whiteside over any of the other players who's considering the lakers.

tonight...you
06-27-2016, 05:37 PM
realistically, Whiteside is an option. I've been very vocal about my dislike for his attitude since last year, but he fills some of the numerous holes the lakers need which is defense. he'll get you 15 and 11 and elite rim protection, his skills set doesn't grow on trees.

the cons? yeah it's a huge gamble. on a team full of rookies and sophomores, he may come in feeling entitled, he couldn't pull that shit in miami considering he's surrounded by alpha dogs making 10-20x more. we also don't have a strong voice inside the organization that the commands respect, so that could pose as a problem for a player known to have character issues.

bottom line though, I'll take whiteside over any of the other players who's considering the lakers.
It might be a large choice, in the end, anyways and I personally believe Riley will get the damn deal closed and keep the guy he wants to keep.
I mean, we're talking about Pat Riley here, Laker fan.

RsxPiimp
06-27-2016, 05:42 PM
It might be a large choice, in the end, anyways and I personally believe Riley will get the damn deal closed and keep the guy he wants to keep.
I mean, we're talking about Pat Riley here, Laker fan.

yeah I know there's a lot of conjectures being thrown around where he may end up and we may eventually settle down with exciting players like chandler parsons and fetus ezeli noah :lol

ambchang
06-27-2016, 05:47 PM
Then blow them on short term deals on less desirable players.

tonight...you
06-27-2016, 06:02 PM
yeah I know there's a lot of conjectures being thrown around where he may end up and we may eventually settle down with exciting players like chandler parsons and fetus ezeli noah :lol
Chandler can actually be a huge catalyst in a GS Warriors-type system, but dem knees...
And his over-inflated sense of self-ego vs his actual talent can be a bit frustrating to fans when he promises something and then under-delivers.

ambchang
06-27-2016, 06:13 PM
Spur fan trying to spin white side as not a good option is laughable at this point

Whiteside? Are you serious? I'd rather get horford than him.

White side just reminds me of all those bigs who signed big deals and amount to nothing. A mix of Juwan Howard and Jerome James.

LkrFan
06-27-2016, 06:49 PM

Well, when the game slows down, you need buckets, swats and rebounds from your big man. He shot 60%, damn near had 4bpg to go with about 12rpg. I'll take it.

LkrFan
06-27-2016, 06:53 PM

Dwert is 6'8" - Whiteside is a legit 7 footer with a 7'7" wingspan. Big difference IMO. Size matters son.

Jzone
06-27-2016, 07:12 PM
I'm not a big fan of Whiteside but what the hell choice do we have? That's if he even considers us. Derozan doesn't even wanna come here lol. Either Whiteside or scrape the bottom of the barrel on some short term deals, can't just hold on to the money. I can't take another lottery season man.

Splits
06-27-2016, 07:23 PM
Next Larry Sanders.

baseline bum
06-27-2016, 07:48 PM
This is probably the worst year for free agency. Cap hitting the roof, every team has a max deal or two to offer, the pickings are slim in terms of FA (two great ones, one of which is definitely staying, and the other is likely going to stay), a couple of decent ones, and a whole lot of overrated ones.

It's like getting the top pick in the 2001 draft.

Yeah, definitely a seller's market. I don't even care about anyone else, this offseason should be Durant or bust for the Spurs. I think Gasol is a terrible fit if he won't come off the bench, Conley at max money just seems like a disaster waiting to happen, and Horford isn't much of a rebounder. There isn't a no-brainer fit like Aldridge was for the team last year, outside of Durant of course. On paper Whiteside seems like he'd be a decent fit, but when I watch him he just seems like the king of empty stats.

whitemamba
06-27-2016, 08:47 PM
Whiteside? Are you serious? I'd rather get horford than him.

White side just reminds me of all those bigs who signed big deals and amount to nothing. A mix of Juwan Howard and Jerome James.

Either or, as long as Roy is gone.

HarlemHeat37
06-27-2016, 09:48 PM
I was already skeptical about Whiteside, but his comments last week about being a "businessman that plays basketball" have cemented my concerns:lol

Man has Bynum 2.0 written all over him IMO..fitting if he goes to the Lakers, tho..

Buddy Mignon
06-27-2016, 11:15 PM
The Lakers aren't exactly on top of the food chain right now and they are devoid of talent, if a player of Whiteside's caliber shows mutual interest, they should grab that opportunity. 24 out of 29 teams have max cap space available, if they missed out on Hassan, they will be forced to spend their cap space on worse players. The 2016 FA landscape isn't exactly flooded with talents. This is a no brainer for a team trying to build an identity and acquiring a big man with defensive credentials is a good step.

Whiteside is a much better player than that shemale you guys have at center.

Clipper Nation
06-27-2016, 11:50 PM
:lol Lakers giving a max contract to this guy:

:lol Lakerfan :downspin: that shit and defending it
:lol Dumbest fans and franchise in the league, by far

midnightpulp
06-28-2016, 07:21 AM
:lol Lakers giving a max contract to this guy:

:lol Lakerfan :downspin: that shit and defending it
:lol Dumbest fans and franchise in the league, by far

Mid is always right :hat

You can see the lack of passion in Whiteside a mile away.

Killakobe81
06-28-2016, 07:33 AM
Mid is always right :hat

You can see the lack of passion in Whiteside a mile away.

I think I made the Bynum comparison before anyone else here ... and it was not meant as a compliment. I see a similar flakiness but a less polished floor game. Pre-knee injury for Bynum I see better offense (especially on the block) less rim protection compared to Whiteside.

But because we suck and have no center we probably gonna end up with him.
I am going on the record now saying that paying this dude the max is crazy.

Killakobe81
06-28-2016, 07:38 AM

Depends on your goals.
Whiteside is the guy we should should gamble on because he fits a position of need , I agree ...

But Ingram is not ready to be a starter on a team that wants to win more than 25 games. IF you are OK with that then yes, Barnes is redundant. But to your point maybe a vet like Deng, Ariza or Afflalo is a better pairing with Ingram and they should cost less.

My issue is the two guys everyone is focusing on for us are Parsons and Whiteside and both have had recent knee issues.

Jim Buss
06-28-2016, 07:40 AM
I'm going to make this deal to show you motherfuckers Im smart!

06-28-2016, 07:44 AM
I'm going to make this deal to show you motherfuckers Im smart!

:lol

StrengthAndHonor
06-28-2016, 08:18 AM
Whiteside is a much better player than that shemale you guys have at center.
Please. Buss would give his left nut to get somebody of Deandre Jordan's caliber.

StrengthAndHonor
06-28-2016, 08:25 AM
I'm not a big fan of Whiteside but what the hell choice do we have? That's if he even considers us. Derozan doesn't even wanna come here lol. Either Whiteside or scrape the bottom of the barrel on some short term deals, can't just hold on to the money. I can't take another lottery season man.
Yes, like I said before. The Lakers aren't on top of FA destinations, so you guys are usually left with scraps. Whiteside may not give the Lakers the best return of investment but among the few who may consider, he's obviously the most talented.

06-28-2016, 08:26 AM
My issue is the two guys everyone is focusing on for us are Parsons and Whiteside and both have had recent knee issues.

StrengthAndHonor
06-28-2016, 08:31 AM
I am going on the record now saying that paying this dude the max is crazy.

The cap projection will have a substantial rise next year. You have guys like Barnes who will command $20 million per, this year. To put it on context, Deandre's contract is looking like a bargain with the current cap raise.

DMC
06-28-2016, 09:02 AM
Barnes is a middle of the road talent guy. He's got a million dollar release/10c result jumpshot. He can get hot but so can about half the shooters in the NBA if not 75%.

Killakobe81
06-28-2016, 09:07 AM
The cap projection will have a substantial rise next year. You have guys like Barnes who will command $20 million per, this year. To put it on context, Deandre's contract is looking like a bargain with the current cap raise.

Dont think he should get it either but just think we can get him cheaper than Whiteside.
It's not my money ... but the reason I care is bad signings is a product of bad leadership and or desperation.
I dont want the lakers to be either and if we only win 25 games ..so be it .. if it means the alternative is overpaying guys to win 40 games at best ...and still miss the playoffs.

StrengthAndHonor
06-28-2016, 09:25 AM
Dont think he should get it either but just think we can get him cheaper than Whiteside.
It's not my money ... but the reason I care is bad signings is a product of bad leadership and or desperation.
I dont want the lakers to be either and if we only win 25 games ..so be it .. if it means the alternative is overpaying guys to win 40 games at best ...and still miss the playoffs.

There's going to be plenty of buyers remorse going forward. We're entering unprecedented cap raise with little talent available. If this was back in early to mid 2000, I can see your point but everyone will eventually overpay a player or two in their rosters. It's a players market afterall and the owners are going to keep losing this battle until the next lockout happens.

Killakobe81
06-28-2016, 09:33 AM
There's going to be plenty of buyers remorse going forward. We're entering unprecedented cap raise with little talent available. If this was back in early to mid 2000, I can see your point but everyone will eventually overpay a player or two in their rosters. It's a players market afterall and the owners are going to keep losing this battle until the next lockout happens.

The owners are dumb.
they took a short-term win in the last CBA to take the L's now ...
I still would rather punt our cap space forward getting mediocre players on short term deals kinda like the Mavs before Wes Matthews was signed.

StrengthAndHonor
06-28-2016, 09:38 AM
The owners are dumb.
they took a short-term win in the last CBA to take the L's now ...
I still would rather punt our cap space forward getting mediocre players on short term deals kinda like the Mavs before Wes Matthews was signed.
I wouldn't call the owners dumb, have you seen the value of each franchise in the league?

And I'm not sure if using the Mavs model for success is the right way to do it, especially if their prized possession was just Wes Matthews.

Killakobe81
06-28-2016, 09:42 AM
I wouldn't call the owners dumb, have you seen the value of each franchise in the league?

And I'm not sure if using the Mavs model for success is the right way to do it, especially if their prized possession was just Wes Matthews.

No you are missing the point on the Mavs I will come back to that in a second.
Owners are great business men just shitty at running NBa franchises (for the most part).
They put in all these protections and provisions but none of it stops them overspending ... From Koncak to Whiteside, Owners have been overpaying big men since I started watching the NBA.

As far as Matthews and the Mavs go, when you get desperate to make a splash like they did with Deandre, Parsons and Matthews ...you make bad deals. All in the name of chasing mediocrity. I dont want them to follow the Mavs last signing of MAtthews I want them to use the logic of saving cap space.

StrengthAndHonor
06-28-2016, 09:47 AM
No you are missing the point on the Mavs I will come back to that in a second.
Owners are great business men just shitty at running NBa franchises (for the most part).
They put in all these protections and provisions but none of it stops them overspending ... From Koncak to Whiteside, Owners have been overpaying big men since I started watching the NBA.

As far as Matthews and the Mavs go, when you get desperate to make a splash like they did with Deandre, Parsons and Matthews ...you make bad deals. All in the name of chasing mediocrity,

Im curious though, who are these mediocre players on short term deals?

HarlemHeat37
06-28-2016, 09:50 AM
Yes, like I said before. The Lakers aren't on top of FA destinations, so you guys are usually left with scraps. Whiteside may not give the Lakers the best return of investment but among the few who may consider, he's obviously the most talented.

:lol my man has jokes, tbh..

StrengthAndHonor
06-28-2016, 09:52 AM
huh?

06-28-2016, 09:54 AM

:lmao good catch tbh

Clipper Nation
06-28-2016, 10:13 AM

StrengthAndHonor
06-28-2016, 10:22 AM
Really, Mid? You of all people :lol

Killakobe81
06-28-2016, 10:23 AM
Im curious though, who are these mediocre players on short term deals?

IDK but it wont be the guys people are camping out for day one.

I mean more like the Ed Davis, Brandon Bass type dudes.
Heck, IT from the Celts was signed on the relative cheap (now) while Lakers were waiting on Melo. and he WANTED to come to L.A. ...but we chasing the Melos, and LMA's ...smh.
I think IT is overrated, btw, but THOSE are the type of deals the Lakers should be pursuing ...

Splits
06-28-2016, 11:45 AM
http://lakergifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/MitchMoney2016FA.gif

RsxPiimp
06-28-2016, 03:09 PM

Heck, IT from the Celts was signed on the relative cheap (now) while Lakers were waiting on Melo. and he WANTED to come to L.A. ...but we chasing the Melos, and LMA's ...smh.
I think IT is overrated, btw, but THOSE are the type of deals the Lakers should be pursuing ...
i'd be all for that too tbh assuming it's the right pieces. thing is buss has no idea how to build a team so I don't trust his judgement. i was pissed when we let ed davis go only to absorb hibberts contract. was upset when j. lin was let go only to go after lou Williams, see where im going here? and didn't we had bazemore at one point but the front office let him go for nick young.

i have zero trust in jim right now, that's the problem and if we don't lock talents, buss will hand out those contracts to players that are even worse fit.

I still think the lakers should go after horford first, batum and/or deng second for veteran presence and leadership. I touched up on this previously but I remain concern that bringing whiteside with NO veteran leadership is going to bite them in the butt.

Chucho
06-28-2016, 04:52 PM
If he wants to actually succeed, he doesn't sign with this shit pile of a franchise. They are dead and forgotten. Kobe was the undertaker, paul bearer and necropheliac on this corpse once referred to as the Lakers.

LOL NO stars
LOL NO future
LOL NO one wants to play there
LOL NO chance

StrengthAndHonor
06-28-2016, 07:54 PM

Those are actually solid players, it's just a matter of finding the right pieces to build alongside the Lakers future. What are your thoughts on getting Gasol back?

I wouldn't mind him on the Clippers.

Ball Buster
06-28-2016, 08:05 PM
Gasol is going to either the Spurs, or the Golden State Warriors

siraulo23
06-30-2016, 03:45 PM

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 03:50 PM

Great news.
Dont want at max $ ...
And he let us know early ...

Stalin
06-30-2016, 03:53 PM

:lol Shitshow
:lol lepers of :lol today's NBA
:lol "we'll call you"
:lol "..but .bbut. Kobe retired"
:lol shunned
:lol faggots

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2016, 03:56 PM
Great news.
Dont want at max $ ...
And he let us know early ...

Still, it's amazing how many FA are scratching the Lakers off their list, I mean wow. Los Angeles Lakers, this is not Cleveland or Detroit. You still enjoy a tremendous amount of perks just playing in L.A.

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2016, 03:57 PM
Dwight back to the Lakers is becoming a reality now, to be quite honest.

siraulo23
06-30-2016, 04:00 PM

HarlemHeat37
Whiteside to Dallas looking likely IMO..such a Mavs move:lol Dwight or Whiteside..

Killakobe81
Still, it's amazing how many FA are scratching the Lakers off their list, I mean wow. Los Angeles Lakers, this is not Cleveland or Detroit. You still enjoy a tremendous amount of perks just playing in L.A.

Our front office is shaky ...
Article about more Jeannie and Jeannie Buss feuding came out yesterday.
But again I did not want Whiteside.

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 04:01 PM
Dwight back to the Lakers is becoming a reality now, to be quite honest.

Doubtful Im worried it's Fezili and Barnes or Parsons ...

daslicer
06-30-2016, 04:05 PM
Kind of shocked that even guys who are not stars are rejecting the Lakers in FA. I guess the appeal of being in LA is not as strong as it once was.

Clipper Nation
06-30-2016, 04:32 PM
Lakers are becoming the Habs of the NBA, tbh. All that history, flushed down the toilet by idiots from ownership on down. Those faggots are looking at decades in the basement at this rate.

:lol Lakers

Kool Bob Love
06-30-2016, 04:55 PM
No one wants to play with a snitch.

Thebesteva
06-30-2016, 04:57 PM
Kind of shocked that even guys who are not stars are rejecting the Lakers in FA. I guess the appeal of being in LA is not as strong as it once was.

Seriously...this is getting passed ridiculous. NBA players talk to eachother..something must be going on and I think it has everything to do with Jim Buss and very little with Snitch

siraulo23
06-30-2016, 04:58 PM
EoCR8ZRgzng

Splits
06-30-2016, 05:01 PM
EoCR8ZRgzng

:lmao good shit

Mugen
06-30-2016, 05:04 PM
:lol The "premiere market" in the NBA can't even get a sit down with Hassan F'n Whiteside...

Fredo & Kupcake gonna have to beg for the right to text Bismack Biyombo :rollin#TheBeggingPart2

HarlemHeat37
06-30-2016, 05:12 PM
They need to make a 30 for 30 on the downfall of the Lakers:lol

Thebesteva
06-30-2016, 05:13 PM
They need to make a 30 for 30 on the downfall of the Lakers:lol

Every time I hear news about the Lakers on TV

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wROg_NULds

ambchang
06-30-2016, 06:06 PM
Dodged a bullet tbh.

But that only means the lakers will max out even worse FA.

Honestly, with d'bust and Ingram, the lakers can be an entertaining young team.

InRareForm
06-30-2016, 06:54 PM
Laker over/under wins 23

DPG21920
06-30-2016, 08:49 PM
Laker over/under wins 23

I'd have to wait on who they sign, but my guess is right at that number or slightly under.

As of right now:

Russell/Clarkson(not guaranteed)/Ingram/Julius/???AT Center

Bench: Lou/Nick Young/Nance Jr/

I mean, that is a horrific lineup/team at the moment. However, they need to let Russell grow and see if he's truly a player. Clarkson is young and talented so he makes sense to spend money on. Obviously this is throwing Ingram into the fire, but it's worth it. Julius will have a chance to prove himself as well.

But man, adding Parson's to that doesn't do anything and actually benches Ingram which might be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

I think guys like Barnes make sense for LA (even if I don't like him). Anyone younger(ish) that can grow over the next few years.

Splits
06-30-2016, 09:04 PM

RsxPiimp
06-30-2016, 09:18 PM
meh, im not disappointed. I knew signing any relevant FA was a long shot anyway. who would want to come a team fresh off a 17 win season? our biggest selling point is the weather and hollywood, which doesn't even move a needle in most players interest meter, he's also going to be asked to exercise patient while some of our assets are incubated for 2-3 years before they show real potential.

this is why I was all in for whiteside, he may not be the best fit, but he's a talent we could definitely use. now we're probably stuck with parsons, smh and 2017 will mirror the same type of disappointments when it comes to free agency.

StrengthAndHonor
07-01-2016, 07:55 AM
Not even a meeting, damn that's cold :lol

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 08:17 AM
Glad we didnt not get Bynum 2.0
Mavs also dodged a bullet.

They better get Dwight on the phone ...

Clipper Nation
07-01-2016, 08:39 AM
Glad we didnt not get Bynum 2.0
Instead you got Jim McIlvaine 2.0 :lol

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 08:56 AM
Instead you got Jim McIlvaine 2.0 :lol

I was thinking more poor, homeless man's Chris Kaman ...:lol
But that was funny ..props, CN
Good call out ...:toast

RsxPiimp
07-02-2016, 08:31 AM

$130 million for Deng and Mozgov

:lmao

DPG21920
07-02-2016, 10:06 AM
I don't understand dent to LA at all.

Russell/Clarkson/Deng/Julius/Mozgov is a horrible team. Better than last year? Sure. By many 10 games. But the guys they are signing are older and don't do anything.

I get you have to spend money and I really wonder if they looked at Barnes, Biyombo, etc..younger guys to build around with that money.

I don't think Moz/Deng are even that tradeable either. They may be able to be traded, almost anyone can, but it may cost LA to do so. We will see.

I know LA has a salary floor to meet, but really there is no penalty to not meet it. You are paying that money regardless (either current guys get more money or you pay to Deng/Moz) so it's a sunk cost. Take fliers on younger guys with upside.

Ice009
07-02-2016, 10:17 AM
I don't think these are good moves at all by the Lakers. They should have just offered one year deals and tried again next year. Complete waste of money tying it up with the players they've signed. What is the penalty if you don't reach the salary floor?

midnightpulp
07-02-2016, 10:19 AM
I don't understand dent to LA at all.

Russell/Clarkson/Deng/Julius/Mozgov is a horrible team. Better than last year? Sure. By many 10 games. But the guys they are signing are older and don't do anything.

I get you have to spend money and I really wonder if they looked at Barnes, Biyombo, etc..younger guys to build around with that money.

I don't think Moz/Deng are even that tradeable either. They may be able to be traded, almost anyone can, but it may cost LA to do so. We will see.

I know LA has a salary floor to meet, but really there is no penalty to not meet it. You are paying that money regardless (either current guys get more money or you pay to Deng/Moz) so it's a sunk cost. Take fliers on younger guys with upside.

Deng played 75% of his minutes at the PF last season, so I think the Lakers/Walton's logic is to use him in some kind of ersatz Death Lineup, possibly with Julian playing Center (lmao).

As I said in the Deng thread, if they wanted a combo forward for an imitation Death Lineup, they've could've pursued Marvin Williams, Teletovic, even Jared Dudley before he was signed. Yeah, those players might not be as versatile on switches as Deng, but I don't think the Lakers really care about winning games. It's more about training their rookies and getting the young core familiar with Luke's system, so why pay that much for proverbial "training wheels?"