PDA

View Full Version : Fries without oil using super heated air

Fabbs
06-26-2016, 01:18 PM
SpursTalk diet and exercise contributors,

Have you experienced this?
http://www.powerairfryer.com/

French fries with 1/5 the fat and calories.
Chicken
Onion rings.

z0sa
06-26-2016, 01:35 PM
SpursTalk diet and exercise contributors,

Have you experienced this?
http://www.powerairfryer.com/

French fries with 1/5 the fat and calories.
Chicken
Onion rings.

So basically.. a toaster oven?

Fabbs
06-26-2016, 01:40 PM
More or less a convection oven, yes.
They also say prepare to having it not taste as good as regular blow out cholesterol oil fried.
Was hoping some STers have food tested.

Good review info here:
Power AirFryer XL Reviews - Is it a Scam or Legit? - HighYa
http://www.highya.com/power-airfryer-xl-reviews

Thread
06-26-2016, 02:48 PM
Without the animal fat it's inedible. I would not hit a dog in the ass with McDonald's fries.

It's not life & death, I admit, but, the loss of animal fat in food prep in this country is an incalculable tragedy.

Gummi Clutch
06-26-2016, 03:13 PM
Without the animal fat it's inedible. I would not hit a dog in the ass with McDonald's fries.

It's not life & death, I admit, but, the loss of animal fat in food prep in this country is an incalculable tragedy.
Is that what your 80% blocked coronaries tell you?

Thread
06-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Is that what your 80% blocked coronaries tell you?

I got a strong ticker.

---

We should've/should have a choice, Gummy. I miss it. A Nestle's Crunch Bar without animal fat is total shit. I won't even touch it now.

chunticakes
06-26-2016, 03:51 PM

What are the best fries you've had Dale?

InRareForm
06-26-2016, 03:53 PM
I don't eat fries because theres a better way to prepare them...

I eat them because they are damn delicious. I will stick to fried.

Thread
06-26-2016, 03:55 PM
What are the best fries you've had Dale?

"Five Guys" produce a decent product, it was better in the beginning, but, it's still palatable.

There is an Irish Bar down on 35th & Glendale here in Phoenix that have outstanding fries. And big portions. I don't recall the name of the place though.

Will Hunting
06-26-2016, 04:31 PM

The irony is that obesity/heart disease rates have done nothing but go up since they've taken animal fat out of food and replaced it with added sugar.

Thread
06-26-2016, 04:51 PM
The irony is that obesity/heart disease rates have done nothing but go up since they've taken animal fat out of food and replaced it with added sugar.

Them is the facts.

InRareForm
06-26-2016, 05:08 PM
Todays Fast Food

lefty20
06-26-2016, 05:18 PM
^ :lol

baseline bum
06-26-2016, 07:13 PM
Todays Fast Food

I'll still never forgive McDonalds for getting rid of these

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4100/4924066785_cc615aa8c8.jpg

Fuck their flavorless baked pies

Will Hunting
06-26-2016, 07:27 PM

Their apple pies are disgusting tbh, still don't understand why they got rid of cherry and kept those.

baseline bum
06-26-2016, 07:53 PM
Their apple pies are disgusting tbh, still don't understand why they got rid of cherry and kept those.

The apple pies were good too back when they were fried, but nowhere near as good as the cherry ones. The modern baked apple pies are terrible, and they're so heavy with such thick crust that they feel like they're even worse for you than the fried ones.

baseline bum
06-26-2016, 08:05 PM

Fuck vegetable oil. There are only four things worth frying shit in: olive oil, bacon grease, manteca, and peanut oil.

Fabbs
06-26-2016, 08:16 PM
Fuck vegetable oil. There are only four things worth frying shit in: olive oil, bacon grease, manteca, and peanut oil.
Been having my hashbrowns fried in coconut oil.
Good stuff.

Thread
06-26-2016, 08:46 PM

With a glass of cold milk it was a treat. One believed it would never end. I've learned that is always a mistake.

Thread
06-26-2016, 08:48 PM

That's it.

SpursforSix
06-26-2016, 08:56 PM
Last night, I had some chocolate ice cream with a banana cut up in it. I topped it with peanut butter and grape nuts.

Thread
06-26-2016, 09:58 PM
Last night, I had some chocolate ice cream with a banana cut up in it. I topped it with peanut butter and grape nuts.

I never understood the appeal of grape nuts. It looks great, like apple crisp, but, it tastes like puke. Like Earl Grey tea, it's putrid.

SnakeBoy
06-26-2016, 10:06 PM

Plenty of newer research showing animal fats are better for you than the vegetable oils we've been told are so healthy.

Will Hunting
06-27-2016, 08:04 AM
Plenty of newer research showing animal fats are better for you than the vegetable oils we've been told are so healthy.
Kinda like how they said for years margarine was better than butter and it turns out the complete opposite is true :lol

baseline bum
06-27-2016, 09:07 AM

Kinda like how they said for years margarine was better than butter and it turns out the complete opposite is true :lol

How reliable are any of these results though? Someone puts out a paper with a headline grabbing title or abstract, and the popular media doesn't read the paper and see what it actually says. They just run with it. It's one of many reasons why I hate watching the national news. You watch one of these 5:30/6:30 broadcasts on NBC / ABC / CBS and they're littered with new scientific research on eggs that supposedly contradicts whatever they reported two weeks ago on eggs. And then the same thing on bacon, on butter, on fat, and so on. No one follows up on these results and tries to replicate them because who has money to confirm these results? Who wants to confirm someone else's work instead of doing their own original research? The way our media covers science almost seems like it's designed to make it look like chaotic bullshit.

06-27-2016, 09:08 AM
How reliable are any of these results though? Someone puts out a paper with a headline grabbing title or abstract, and the popular media doesn't read the paper and see what it actually says. They just run with it. It's one of many reasons why I hate watching the national news. You watch one of these 5:30/6:30 broadcasts on NBC / ABC / CBS and they're littered with new scientific research on eggs that supposedly contradicts whatever they reported two weeks ago on eggs. And then the same thing on bacon, on butter, on fat, and so on. No one follows up on these results and tries to replicate them because who has money to confirm these results? Who wants to confirm someone else's work instead of doing their own original research?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Rnq1NpHdmw

SpursforSix
06-27-2016, 10:31 AM
I never understood the appeal of grape nuts. It looks great, like apple crisp, but, it tastes like puke. Like Earl Grey tea, it's putrid.

It doesn't sound like you know what Grape Nuts area. They sure don't look "great". The taste is pretty bland. If they taste like "puke", you might need to get checked out. Drastically changing tastes or smells can be a sign of serious mental illness.

Will Hunting
06-28-2016, 09:49 PM
How reliable are any of these results though? Someone puts out a paper with a headline grabbing title or abstract, and the popular media doesn't read the paper and see what it actually says. They just run with it. It's one of many reasons why I hate watching the national news. You watch one of these 5:30/6:30 broadcasts on NBC / ABC / CBS and they're littered with new scientific research on eggs that supposedly contradicts whatever they reported two weeks ago on eggs. And then the same thing on bacon, on butter, on fat, and so on. No one follows up on these results and tries to replicate them because who has money to confirm these results? Who wants to confirm someone else's work instead of doing their own original research? The way our media covers science almost seems like it's designed to make it look like chaotic bullshit.
Prior to the late 70s/early 80s, there wasn't any "scientific research". People consumed a high amount of animal fat, they used butter, and they didn't toss the egg yolk because it had too much cholesterol, and oddly enough, there wasn't an obesity epidemic. It wasn't until studies that said consuming fat is what led to heart disease (studies that had confirmation bias written all over them) that obesity rates in this country spiked and we started seeing type 2 beetus in teenagers because people replaced the fat in their diet with added sugar. Point being, it's not just a few obscure studies I'm referring to, the last 30-40 years are loaded with evidence that sugar/carbohydrates are much worse for you than animal fats/cholesterol.

baseline bum
06-28-2016, 10:01 PM
Prior to the late 70s/early 80s, there wasn't any "scientific research". People consumed a high amount of animal fat, they used butter, and they didn't toss the egg yolk because it had too much cholesterol, and oddly enough, there wasn't an obesity epidemic. It wasn't until studies that said consuming fat is what led to heart disease (studies that had confirmation bias written all over them) that obesity rates in this country spiked and we started seeing type 2 beetus in teenagers because people replaced the fat in their diet with added sugar. Point being, it's not just a few obscure studies I'm referring to, the last 30-40 years are loaded with evidence that sugar/carbohydrates are much worse for you than animal fats/cholesterol.

I'm not sure that's the entire story though. The death of the farming and manufacturing economy has put more adults sitting on ass in front of computers 40 hours a week. The rise of video games combined with scared parents who watch too much cable news has put more kids asses in front of tvs and xboxes. Then food portion size is dramatically higher now than 40-50 years ago. You go to McDonalds and the standard order of fries is like twice the size of what it was in the 50s and 60s. The regular cheeseburger is the one people used to eat, not the Big Mac or the Quarter Pounder or whatever monstrosity they can load with bacon. Twenty fucking McNuggets, a bigass fries, and a soda is a value meal now at McDonalds for one person. The portion size of food now in this country is fucking disgusting.

Will Hunting
06-28-2016, 11:49 PM
I'm not sure that's the entire story though. The death of the farming and manufacturing economy has put more adults sitting on ass in front of computers 40 hours a week. The rise of video games combined with scared parents who watch too much cable news has put more kids asses in front of tvs and xboxes. Then food portion size is dramatically higher now than 40-50 years ago. You go to McDonalds and the standard order of fries is like twice the size of what it was in the 50s and 60s. The regular cheeseburger is the one people used to eat, not the Big Mac or the Quarter Pounder or whatever monstrosity they can load with bacon. Twenty fucking McNuggets, a bigass fries, and a soda is a value meal now at McDonalds for one person. The portion size of food now in this country is fucking disgusting.

Don't you think there's a connection between people eating big ass portions of food beginning around the same time that people began consuming processed carbs/added sugars? Idk about you, but if I'm having a meal that's exclusively meats/vegetables, I fill up a lot quicker than I do if I'm eating a starchy meal.

I also think the whole "people/kids don't exercise anymore!" idea is a horseshit story that's been pimped by the sugar industry. That might explain the kid who's 10-15 pounds overweight, but it doesn't explain the morbidly obese high school students who weigh 400 pounds.