PDA

View Full Version : Matthew Dellavedova's Potential $10 Million Salary Shows How Nuts the New Salary Cap

ducks
06-26-2016, 03:41 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/matthew-dellavedovas-potential-10-million-193726624.html

spursistan
06-26-2016, 03:44 PM
He is not getting it after his dismal Finals..dude is really overrated..

SAGirl
06-26-2016, 03:50 PM
Something to keep in mind when Patty Mills contract comes up. He also shit the bed in the playoffs. At least Dellavedova is a gritty defender and a passer.

NASpurs
06-26-2016, 04:07 PM
And people complain about Danny :lol

Keepin' it real
06-26-2016, 04:10 PM
B-b-but Tony Parker's contract ... :cry

dabom
06-26-2016, 04:21 PM
Something to keep in mind when Patty Mills contract comes up. He also shit the bed in the playoffs. At least Dellavedova is a gritty defender and a passer.

What are you fucking talking about? His production levels were good you stupid fuck. Yeah he didn't go Godzilla like in 2014 or 2015. I guess Fathead shouldn't even be a Spurs by assessment of Patty cause Pop would cut Fathead over Patty. You can believe that. Fathead hasn't shown any production in the fucking playoffs to warrant a spot over Patty Thrills. :lol

kaji157
06-26-2016, 05:11 PM
A question to the Capologist, whith the Cap getting bigger, do all the Exceptions and the Veteran Minium also get bigger? Or they stay the same?

Thanks in advance

99 Problems
06-26-2016, 05:17 PM
He's a rugged 6'4" PG who looks after the rock and sees the floor. He stayed at a discount this season and won himself a ring. It's his turn for a pay rise. He has to decide where he plays moving forward.

Hoops Czar
06-26-2016, 05:21 PM
So many lousy below average players are going to be making near or max money that this forum will be begging for Mike Conley.

SAGirl
06-26-2016, 05:25 PM
So many lousy below average players are going to be making near or max money that this forum will be begging for Mike Conley.
You are probably right and I am not a Conley fan.

Kawhitstorm
06-26-2016, 05:27 PM
He is not getting it after his dismal Finals..dude is really overrated..

Supposedly, Kidd wants him.:lol

baseline bum
06-26-2016, 05:27 PM
If Aron Baynes could get $6.7 million a year under a $70 million cap it's not a huge stretch to see Dellevedova get something nearing $10 million a year under a $94 million cap. This is going to be a terrible year to be signing free agents. When the Spurs strike out on Durant there really isn't anyone I'm all that interested in. Not in a market where Harrison Barnes is an easy $20 million a year player, Demar DeRozan is an easy $26.4 million player, Bismack Biyombo likely pulls $20 million a season, Kent Bazemore pulls $15 million a season. Fuck that, even fat Diaw at $7 million is a monster bargain in this free agent class.

NASpurs
06-26-2016, 05:33 PM
If Aron Baynes could get $6.7 million a year under a $70 million cap it's not a huge stretch to see Dellevedova get something nearing $10 million a year under a $94 million cap. This is going to be a terrible year to be signing free agents. When the Spurs strike out on Durant there really isn't anyone I'm all that interested in. Not in a market where Harrison Barnes is an easy $20 million a year player, Demar DeRozan is an easy $26.4 million player, Bismack Biyombo likely pulls $20 million a season, Kent Bazemore pulls $15 million a season. Fuck that, even fat Diaw at $7 million is a monster bargain in this free agent class.

Yeah seems like making trades for contracts that were made before the cap space went up is the way to go.

SAGirl
06-26-2016, 05:35 PM
If Aron Baynes could get $6.7 million a year under a $70 million cap it's not a huge stretch to see Dellevedova get something nearing $10 million a year under a $94 million cap. This is going to be a terrible year to be signing free agents. When the Spurs strike out on Durant there really isn't anyone I'm all that interested in. Not in a market where Harrison Barnes is an easy $20 million a year player, Demar DeRozan is an easy $26.4 million player, Bismack Biyombo likely pulls almost $20 million a season, Kent Bazemore pulls $15 million a season. Fuck that, even fat Diaw at $7 million is a monster bargain in this free agent class.
^ Specially roleplayers.
Which makes me suspect the Spurs are just turning every rock with all their stashes and seeing who they can get that is playable among the guys they hold rights to.
The rumor is that guys in Milutinov's situation for example (stashed first round picks), if they have a good season in Europe will choose to just forgo the rights to their rookie scale contract, staying in Europe and then coming over at a contract outside of the rook contract scale. That is what Bogdan Bogdanovich wanted to pull on the Suns, thus he got traded. I really think Milutinov has a good chance to make the roster just on that alone. If he looks like a second season in Europe will do him wonders for example, like he could be a kind of guy that still needs development but you can foresee in your roster, it might be better to just make it a season on the dleague and garbage time in the Spurs, just to have him on a cost-controlled contract.

And I also suspect its a reason why "Fat Diaw" is staying put. And with so many young bigs in the team, Pop will want a verteran to help them or help cover for them if they are getting playing time, but start to screw it up. He's Pop's security blanket IMO.

SpursFan86
06-26-2016, 05:59 PM
A question to the Capologist, whith the Cap getting bigger, do all the Exceptions and the Veteran Minium also get bigger? Or they stay the same?

Thanks in advance

I'm far from a capologist, but I know max deals are tied to a percentage of the salary cap. I'd imagine minimum and exception deals work the same way.

T Park
06-26-2016, 09:59 PM

Re cue up the 2014 playoffs. Come and tell me that again.

SD126
06-26-2016, 10:04 PM

Re cue up the 2015 & 2016 playoffs and see why Poop and the retards should have made him walk after 2014

dabom
06-26-2016, 10:05 PM
Re cue up the 2015 & 2016 playoffs and see why Poop and the retards should have made him walk after 2014

You talking about porker? :lmao

T Park
06-26-2016, 10:08 PM

2015? You mean where he won game 2 against the clippers, and was solid?

But yeah genius tell me more who you would've signed instead.

dabom
06-26-2016, 10:11 PM
Patty Thrills .573TS% 2014
.744TS% 2015 He shot it amazingly well this series. Should have gotten more minutes too. :lmao
.571TS% 2016

All Playoff numbers of course.

dabom
06-26-2016, 10:13 PM
2mil for instant Championship production.

SAGirl
06-26-2016, 10:28 PM
He's a streaky shooter with the capacity to get hot at times, but he struggles defensively bc he's undersized and is not a creator or a good passer, again due to his size. He's due a big payday bc his big payday did not materialize in 2014 because of his injury. It just depends what he commands in FA next summer. Depending how high that is, absolutely there are other players I would rather have.

dabom
06-26-2016, 10:40 PM
He's a streaky shooter with the capacity to get hot at times, but he struggles defensively bc he's undersized and is not a creator or a good passer, again due to his size. He's due a big payday bc his big payday did not materialize in 2014 because of his injury. It just depends what he commands in FA next summer. Depending how high that is, absolutely there are other players I would rather have.

So you said no good things but he is due a big payday. The shit that you say. :lmao

DMC
06-26-2016, 10:44 PM
Lebron has made a lot of people look a hell of a lot better than they are. It's how the NBA works. Hell, it's how life works. Your co-worker maybe got a raise because of the work you did.

hsxvvd
06-26-2016, 11:45 PM
This is why the 99% will rise up.

SupremeGuy
06-27-2016, 12:10 AM
B-b-but Tony Parker's contract ... :cryAll the bad contracts in the league don't make me feel any better about TP's contract, tbh.

hsxvvd
06-27-2016, 07:01 AM
Listening to mock off season on Dunc'd on podcast...
Part 2...approx 30min mark
Delly landed 4yr $55mil contract with the Bucks...

Rockets offered 2yr $32mil...

Fun listen...

jyra
06-27-2016, 07:16 AM

Thanks in advance

The amounts for the expections are predetermined. This could change if the CBA gets renegotiated in 2017.
But for now you can check out the expections here: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm#Q25
.. and here for the minimum salary: http://hoopshype.com/2015/10/12/whats-the-minimum-nba-salary/

tbdog
06-27-2016, 07:19 AM
Listening to mock off season on Dunc'd on podcast...
Part 2...approx 30min mark
Delly landed 4yr $55mil contract with the Bucks...

Rockets offered 2yr $32mil...

Fun listen...

I havent heard part 2 yet but damn, how insane are some of those contracts. Jr Smith lol.

BillMc
06-27-2016, 09:03 AM
This is why, as someone else mentioned in the other thread, its a good year to cash in all those foreign prospects we've had stashed overseas. Even if we don't sign a mega-free agent, we can fill out the roster at bargain prices with those hungry to get into the league.

Mikeanaro
06-27-2016, 09:41 AM
I understand but giving 7 million to a fat lazy dude that doesnt even care about BB sounds like wasted money to me.

spurs10
06-27-2016, 10:22 AM
I understand but giving 7 million to a fat lazy dude that doesnt even care about BB sounds like wasted money to me.
I'm not so sure that Diaw is in the least bit lazy or fat. Now whether he cares much is another story as he has a pretty active life outside of basketball. I think he is a perfect bench guy for us behind LMA. I just wonder which big man we end up with. We need offense in the front and back court. Should be an interesting summer.

Mikeanaro
06-27-2016, 05:58 PM
I'm not so sure that Diaw is in the least bit lazy or fat. Now whether he cares much is another story as he has a pretty active life outside of basketball. I think he is a perfect bench guy for us behind LMA. I just wonder which big man we end up with. We need offense in the front and back court. Should be an interesting summer.
He´s like 34 years old, has won a championship, almost two and is too busy doing BB non related things, time to let him go, same with Patty.

cjw
06-27-2016, 10:03 PM
This is why, as someone else mentioned in the other thread, its a good year to cash in all those foreign prospects we've had stashed overseas. Even if we don't sign a mega-free agent, we can fill out the roster at bargain prices with those hungry to get into the league.

And if any of them pan out, they become huge assets with the rising cap either to develop at a controlled cost or in a trade. Not assuming any will, but these guys are free agents who can only sign with one team vs. 30.