06-27-2016, 12:14 AM
Shit post

Kawhitstorm
06-27-2016, 12:15 AM
Shit post

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cl7YHJSUoAAcitR.jpg

dunkman
06-27-2016, 05:29 AM
This guy is weak, second place at Copa América or Mundial is not a small feat. What he needs to realise is that out of Barcelona he's an excellent player just not great and keep trying. Maradona he's definitely not, but he doesn't need to be.

The opponent plays too, it's hard to win. Matthäus didn't retire from the NT after crushing defeats at '82 and '86 WC's, eventually won it all in '90.

Messi has to lead the NT in a good way, not to mass retirement of prime players.

hater
06-27-2016, 05:46 AM
The mental fortitude of a fly.

Bynumite
06-27-2016, 05:52 AM
How many finals has Argentina choked since midget joined the squad? :lol

It was hilarious to see the look of desperation in midget's face every time Chile scored a penalty tbh. Walking around the pitch trying to find a hole to hide himself in :lmao

hater
06-27-2016, 05:58 AM
Epic chokejob complete. You can't turn back time argies. You are the mentally weakest team in history. :lol

Bynumite
06-27-2016, 06:08 AM
System player if i've ever seen one. How to you choke so many finals with such a stacked team? :lmao

Now he wants to quit on his country too? That's disgraceful.

urunobili
06-27-2016, 07:13 AM
This would be back to old times with coke and prostitutes for the NT TBH. Messi is the only one with class and humbleness that make Argentina gr8 again. I hope he changes his mind :depressed

06-27-2016, 07:42 AM
This would be back to old times with coke and prostitutes for the NT TBH. Messi is the only one with class and humbleness that make Argentina gr8 again. I hope he changes his mind :depressed

Old times = Coke, prostitutes and rings
:lol Today's NT = Class, humbleness and no rings

Looks like an easy fucking choice to me tbh :lol

Brazil
06-27-2016, 07:45 AM
The mental fortitude of a fly.

:lol The Bonner of Argentina soccer

lefty
06-27-2016, 09:02 AM

Mikeanaro
06-27-2016, 09:30 AM
This guy is weak, second place at Copa América or Mundial is not a small feat. What he needs to realise is that out of Barcelona he's an excellent player just not great and keep trying. Maradona he's definitely not, but he doesn't need to be.

The opponent plays too, it's hard to win. Matthäus didn't retire from the NT after crushing defeats at '82 and '86 WC's, eventually won it all in '90.

Messi has to lead the NT in a good way, not to mass retirement of prime players.
Lol you talk like Maradroga was playing with scrubs as teammates and he saved the day by himself, when in reality argentina was saved by passarella if not argentina was out of the world cup, how many copa americas has that old puto midget?

dunkman
06-27-2016, 09:48 AM
Lol you talk like Maradroga was playing with scrubs as teammates and he saved the day by himself, when in reality argentina was saved by passarella if not argentina was out of the world cup, how many copa americas has that old puto midget?

There are many great players that failed to win Copa América: Jairzhino , Pelé, Maradona, Garrincha, Kempes and a lot of others. It was NOT and it's NOT easy to win a Copa América.

Maradona did win the '86 World Cup, though. And he had impact on the Argentine game, way much more then what you give him credit for, and way much more than Messi ever had playing for the NT.

Brazil
06-27-2016, 09:48 AM

dude has a WC

you are a delusional mofo if you think Diego lose 3 finals in a row with this kind of team. Oh and yes he saved the day by himself... more than once :lol

Diego is vastly superior at missi and it's not even close anymore

DAF86
06-27-2016, 11:56 AM
Messi will be back to lift the trophy in '18, and it will be the sweetest championship ever won.

TDMVPDPOY
06-27-2016, 11:59 AM
Messi will be back to lift the trophy in '18, and it will be the sweetest championship ever won.

what trophy u talkin about clown? they hand out participation medals?

06-27-2016, 12:04 PM

:lmao

DAF86
06-27-2016, 12:16 PM

I don't know, you tell me. You are the Australian here.

lefty
06-27-2016, 12:18 PM

DAF86
06-27-2016, 12:21 PM

↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ None of these guys know what it feel likes to have your team win a World Cup.↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

Brazil
06-27-2016, 12:26 PM
I don't know, you tell me. You are the Australian here.

:lol good come back here tbh...

lefty
06-27-2016, 12:28 PM
↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ None of these guys know what it feel likes to have your team win a World Cup.↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑
So you do remember Kempes and Diego winning the WC

Do you remember Missi winning it?

06-27-2016, 12:31 PM

You don't even know where I'm from :lol

DAF86
06-27-2016, 12:32 PM
You don't even know where I'm from :lol

But I'm sure you don't know son. I can tell. :lol

06-27-2016, 12:35 PM
But I'm sure you don't know son. I can tell. :lol

Fine, you keep telling yourself that :lol
You're wrong though :lol

DAF86
06-27-2016, 12:40 PM
Fine, you keep telling yourself that :lol
You're wrong though :lol

You Brazilian son?

06-27-2016, 12:54 PM
You Brazilian son?
Yes :lol
Good call son :tu

elemento
06-27-2016, 12:58 PM
He just said it in the heat of the moment. I doubt he quits on the NT. He still has a chance to redeem himself in 2018. 31 is not that old.

dfens
06-27-2016, 01:33 PM
He just said it in the heat of the moment. I doubt he quits on the NT. He still has a chance to redeem himself in 2018. 31 is not that old.

that would be like lebron winning one this year ... winning one in europe, in motherfucking russia non the less :lol .. tough mission tbh.

elemento
06-27-2016, 02:20 PM
that would be like lebron winning one this year ... winning one in europe, in motherfucking russia non the less :lol .. tough mission tbh.

Definitely tough. Russia is no joke and we have to consider that they're probably going to pull a Korea and be a lock in the semis as well :lol

dfens
06-27-2016, 02:28 PM
Definitely tough. Russia is no joke and we have to consider that they're probably going to pull a Korea and be a lock in the semis as well :lol

fucking korea tbh, smh I'm laughing right now :lmao you know that putin $$$ will be put to good use in switzerland :lol

hater
06-27-2016, 04:22 PM
I can see the slimy Italians winning it in Russia. Those mafia mofos play best in hostile environments.

American teams will get demolished in the Eastern front just like the nazis :lol

I say Italy beats Germany in the final :lol

Canyonero
06-27-2016, 05:16 PM
I'm hopeful he comes back in a year or so (after AFA is rebuilt and all the cancer players are gone).

Mikeanaro
06-27-2016, 05:56 PM
dude has a WC

you are a delusional mofo if you think Diego lose 3 finals in a row with this kind of team. Oh and yes he saved the day by himself... more than once :lol

Diego is vastly superior at missi and it's not even close anymore
You are a delusional mofo who knows shit about futbol thinking this is a great team when every player is a manufactured POS, Diego is a sore loser that won a WC playing against South Korea, Bulgary, a shitty England team, Belgium.
Maradroga has never won a Copa America or Champions League, and in the National Team has had much better teammates and coaches than Messi.

Mikeanaro
06-27-2016, 06:04 PM
There are many great players that failed to win Copa América: Jairzhino , Pelé, Maradona, Garrincha, Kempes and a lot of others. It was NOT and it's NOT easy to win a Copa América.

Maradona did win the '86 World Cup, though. And he had impact on the Argentine game, way much more then what you give him credit for, and way much more than Messi ever had playing for the NT.
Maradona had a much better team than manufactured POS like Higuain Aguero Di Maria, better coach too, can you compare an obsessive crazy fuck like Bilardo vs that sore loser Martino or even Maradroga who fucked Messi in one WC by doing nothing?
Bilardo was here in Palermo training some players in a park,suddenly a 6´3¨ guy pass around them and Bilardo said he is as tall as some euro player and he made one player to follow him like he was the enemy.
If you had a real bad game you were cut Bilardo was not married to any player excepting Maradroga, can you say the same thing about current Argentina?

spursistan
06-27-2016, 07:29 PM

Argentina's ESPN has already started The Begging..

lefty20
06-27-2016, 07:33 PM
Diego>Manu>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Messi, tbh.

resistanze
06-27-2016, 08:16 PM
:lol Leroy Missi

Brazil
06-28-2016, 07:48 AM
You are a delusional mofo who knows shit about futbol thinking this is a great team when every player is a manufactured POS, Diego is a sore loser that won a WC playing against South Korea, Bulgary, a shitty England team, Belgium.
Maradroga has never won a Copa America or Champions League, and in the National Team has had much better teammates and coaches than Messi.

:lol

My TeamCA River Plate
all I need to know about your take about Diego, that and you are surely a kid who never saw DieGOAT play

lefty
06-28-2016, 08:07 AM

My TeamCA River Plate
all I need to know about your take about Diego, that and you are surely a kid who never saw DieGOAT play
https://teesradotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/maradona_end.gif

Mikeanaro
06-28-2016, 08:31 AM

My TeamCA River Plate

Ok Im a river kid in his mid thirties now tell me what happened in the históric Boca poll, why fans chose Riquelme over Droga? It has something to do the fact that the only tournament fatty has won the best player was Brindisi?

Mikeanaro
06-28-2016, 08:32 AM
https://teesradotcom.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/maradona_end.gif

Nice Jabba The Hut gif.

lefty
06-28-2016, 08:37 AM
Nice Jabba The Hut gif.
Sorry you prefer Ewoks ?

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/list/001/141/175/f08.gif

Mikeanaro
06-28-2016, 08:44 AM
Sorry you prefer Ewoks ?

Jabba is disgusting, at least ewoks can dance.

Brazil
06-28-2016, 09:01 AM
Sorry you prefer Ewoks ?

:lmao crying ewoks

:cry "I can't do that, it's too difficult with NT"

06-28-2016, 09:08 AM
Sorry you prefer Ewoks ?

:lmao crying ewoks

:cry "I can't do that, it's too difficult with NT"

Brazil
06-28-2016, 09:17 AM
Ok Im a river kid in his mid thirties now tell me what happened in the históric Boca poll, why fans chose Riquelme over Droga? It has something to do the fact that the only tournament fatty has won the best player was Brindisi?

:lol what a stupid ass argument

Riquelme played more than 15 years for Boca, of course he is a fan favorite, he grew as a Boca player. It is like Milan AC fans picking Maldini over Van Basten. I'm a Bordeaux fan I'd pick Alain Giresse because he is a girondins de Bordeaux kid. You pick him over Zidane, Tigana and others for this reason

Besides a lot of young fans have never seen play Diego so they choose riquelme. Manchester United fans picked Giggs over George Best... for the same reason. Nothing wrong with that.

You are a river kid, you never saw diego play... ya makes sense you dislike him... duh

Canyonero
06-28-2016, 09:26 AM

Riquelme played more than 15 years for Boca, of course he is a fan favorite, he grew as a Boca player. It is like Milan AC fans picking Maldini over Van Basten. I'm a Bordeaux fan I'd pick Jean Tigana because he is a girondins de Bordeaux kid. You pick him over Zidane, Tigana and others for this reason

Besides a lot of young fans have never seen play Diego so they choose riquelme. Manchester United fans picked Giggs over George Best... for the same reason. Nothing wrong with that.

You are a river kid, you never saw diego play... ya makes sense you dislike him... duh

Qué?

Brazil
06-28-2016, 09:33 AM
Qué?

corrected

Jodelo
06-28-2016, 09:41 AM

DAF86
06-28-2016, 10:17 AM
One tournament of one month in an almost 20 years career and folks start acting like you are the undisputed GOAT. The benefits of being lucky at the right time, tbh.

Kawhitstorm
06-28-2016, 12:41 PM
One tournament of one month in an almost 20 years career and folks start acting like you are the undisputed GOAT. The benefits of being lucky at the right time, tbh.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7292/10588550816_d5e7ffe067_o.jpg

dfens
06-28-2016, 01:30 PM

cmon son, stop being sour, messi lost 3 fucking finals and all opponents were beatable teams. Even lebron who doesn't have dadkiller/diego killer instinct went nuts in half his finals.
Diego won one, dragged them to another finals .. can't put two world cup finals on luck tbh.

DAF86
06-28-2016, 01:49 PM
cmon son, stop being sour, messi lost 3 fucking finals and all opponents were beatable teams. Even lebron who doesn't have dadkiller/diego killer instinct went nuts in half his finals.
Diego won one, dragged them to another finals .. can't put two world cup finals on luck tbh.

Nope, it wasn't luck. It was Argentina playing like the lesser team (without dominating the game) in each one of those finals. Messi was unlucky though. Unlucky of playing on a team that hasn't been good enough to dominate possession in 3 straight finals. Hard to do much without having the ball, tbh.

And folks, don't come here with the bullshit "well, Messi should have secured possession". 'cause that's a team's work, not a single guy's one.

Mikeanaro
06-28-2016, 02:45 PM

Riquelme played more than 15 years for Boca, of course he is a fan favorite, he grew as a Boca player. It is like Milan AC fans picking Maldini over Van Basten. I'm a Bordeaux fan I'd pick Alain Giresse because he is a girondins de Bordeaux kid. You pick him over Zidane, Tigana and others for this reason

Droga didnt make shit for Boca, Barcelona, If we were depending on him Argentina was out of Mexico ´86 also they played against nobodies like South Korea, a shitty Italy, Bulgary, depleted Uruguay and so far Droga made 1 goal against Italy, thats GOAT status?
Then it comes a very mediocre England with no hall of famers and BOOM he mades one stupid goal and then BOOM an ilegal hand goal and he is the best ever? refs should have excluded that lame action and go to penaltys.
Then Belgium with was known as the BEST FUTBOL EVER, he scored 2 against perfect nobodies and then disappeared in the finals, made 0 in the finals can you spin that shit? because Missy made 0 in the finals too but when he had the chance to assist his retard buddies they failed everytime, huh? duh?

Mikeanaro
06-28-2016, 02:57 PM
The whole one man vs 11 sounds pretty stupid, 1 man can´t win a NBA championship by himself and some retards expect 1 guy to win a world cup alone.
Also is pretty funny how Argentina cant even pass the ball, 1 pass, 2 passes and the next pass is to the opponent, another funny fact most are euro players and by the start of the second half were out of gas sure thats Michi´s fault too.

Brazil
06-28-2016, 03:07 PM
^so many fails in dat post

They said the same stuff about Italy this year... a shitty team that just kicked Spain in the ass...

With Boca he won a title and kicked River ass, he gave Arg a WC and a WC final. Also just for the fact he fucked England in the falkands war context should give the right to be considered as a god. then what exactly Messi has done for Arg in terms of titles ? and against what kind of competition ? you are talking shit to Maradona to have scored against a shitty Italy and against shitty competition when Messi went apeshit against the likes of Nigeria and went silent against top dogs ?

Truth is Maradona gave the finger to River and took lower salary to play for Boca... River fans are still salty 20 years later :lol

Canyonero
06-28-2016, 03:13 PM

They said the same stuff about Italy this year... a shitty team that just kicked Spain in the ass...

With Boca he won a title and kicked River ass, he gave Arg a WC and a WC final. Also just for the fact he fucked England in the falkands war context should give the right to be considered as a god. then what exactly Messi has done for Arg in terms of titles ? and against what kind of competition ? you are talking shit to Maradona to have scored against a shitty Italy and against shitty competition when Messi went apeshit against the likes of Nigeria and went silent against top dogs ?

Truth is Maradona gave the finger to River and took lower salary to play for Boca... River fans are still salty 20 years later :lol

We had Kempes at that time so no problem.

Mikeanaro
06-28-2016, 03:16 PM

You are running out of arguments thats what happens, so now that Italy was GOAT, and HE gaves us WCs by ¨HIMSELF¨ lol how? by scoring 0 in the final game?, missing the penalty vs YUGOSLAVIA? in Italy 90???? saved by Goico...
Penalties again vs Italy and thats because Cani scored one, not Drogo.
Were was Drogo during that final game??? again doing nothing??? oh nooooo.
Look the Goat doing Goat things against a nobody, Missy is triple teamed and they kick the shit out of him but he looks like a mole.
Goat cant get even past a peruvian, what an alpha.
5 minutes of shitting in his pants when it matters the most

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1xaxAU5FEs

Lol so many fails in my posts, and we were getting out of the World Cup, GOAT of the pussies.

Brazil
06-28-2016, 03:17 PM
We had Kempes at that time so no problem.

still wanted Diego and offered biggest salary ever

06-28-2016, 03:46 PM

:wow

Canyonero
06-28-2016, 03:51 PM

And then returned to Argentinos Juniors because Boca couldn't pay the transfer price :lol

DAF86
06-28-2016, 04:04 PM

Where did you get that from? :lol

Here's Maradona explaining what happened:

L_N7floP49s

"now the most realistic option is Boca" (with a dissapointed face) "I had the dream of going to River" :lol

And he goes on to explaining that River didn't offer enough money because we already had a stacked team and couldn't afford all the salaries.

So, the complete opposite of what you said. :lol

Mikeanaro
06-28-2016, 04:08 PM
Lol, TENIA LA ILUSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Brazil speaking like a kid.

Canyonero
06-28-2016, 06:06 PM

L_N7floP49s

"now the most realistic option is Boca" (with a dissapointed face) "I had the dream of going to River" :lol

And he goes on to explaining that River didn't offer enough money because we already had a stacked team and couldn't afford all the salaries.

Damn, I had forgotten about this video of the Independiente fan.

ElNono
06-28-2016, 06:30 PM

Four, tbh...

Canyonero
06-28-2016, 06:50 PM
Four, tbh...

You are not helping.

06-28-2016, 06:56 PM
You are not helping.

My nigga ElNono just tells it like it is, tbh :toast

TheGreatYacht
06-28-2016, 07:07 PM

Splits
06-28-2016, 09:10 PM
Four, tbh...

How many goals did Missy score in the 2010 WC?

ElNono
06-28-2016, 10:43 PM
How many goals did Missy score in the 2010 WC?

One less than in the 2006 WC, and 4 less than in the 2104 WC...

dfens
06-29-2016, 02:01 AM
Four, tbh...

forgot that tbh.

Brazil
06-29-2016, 12:24 PM

L_N7floP49s

I will have a look to this video tbh, cannot open it now.

I have no idea of the context of the vid but as far as I know he officially received an offer superior from River than from Boca. It is I believe well documented. Now Diego was pissed off because Boca did not offer him a coaching job some years ago IIRC it is maybe to piss off back Boca.

He held a party to celebrate the 20th of his comeback to his beloved Boca last year with a boca juniors cake and a jersey... but yeah he had the dream

Mikeanaro
06-29-2016, 12:51 PM

I have no idea of the context of the vid but as far as I know he officially received an offer superior from River than from Boca. It is I believe well documented. Now Diego was pissed off because Boca did not offer him a coaching job some years ago IIRC it is maybe to piss off back Boca.

He held a party to celebrate the 20th of his comeback to his beloved Boca last year with a boca juniors cake and a jersey... but yeah he had the dream
What context? learn some spanish before talking like an authority kid you were exposed very badly.

Wow now specific statements needs contexts and layers...

dfens
06-29-2016, 03:01 PM
What context? learn some spanish before talking like an authority kid you were exposed very badly.

son yo no hablo espanol and I am obviously not as well documented as you, but can you tell me why a team would NOT want diego? I remember that all the european clubs begged viciously for him.

Canyonero
06-29-2016, 03:34 PM
son yo no hablo espanol and I am obviously not as well documented as you, but can you tell me why a team would NOT want diego? I remember that all the european clubs begged viciously for him.

What are you talking about?

DAF86
06-29-2016, 03:44 PM

Dude, this is an old video from when he was still playing in Argentinos. When the negotations were taking place. And before Maradona "became the hugest Boca fan ever" (he's an Independiente fan, fyi. At least he was as a child.).

I don't know what "well documented" fact you are talking about but I have never heard that story you told. :lol

And, if you watch the video, you can clearly see a young Maradona sad as fuck that River didn't offer enough money for him to join the club. And he litterally says "tenía la ilusión de ir a River" which translates to "I had the dream of going to River", so I don't know where you get your facts son but kill the informer, tbh. :lol

Mikeanaro
06-29-2016, 03:46 PM
Because at that time River was stacked and as Diego said they already had Filliol and Passarella big contracts so they had no room for him, it was a money issue.
After this he went to Barcelona and things didnt work out quite well, in Napoli he had a great career but surrounded by great teammates you dont win championships by making 14 goals per season and after Napoli he was pretty much done.
Im pretty sure euro clubs wanted him he was the best of his time.

Mikeanaro
06-29-2016, 03:49 PM
Oh Missy is not like Diego aka ¨Dragon Killer¨ when the fuck was that fatso quad teamed?

And he is a choker not his fucking teammates.

Lets look at the second pic, Di Lesion is like ¨Gotta Get The Fuck Out Here¨

http://estaticos.sport.es/resources/jpg/3/5/messi-gano-con-argentina-1458888431053.jpg
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/06/27/02/35B497E700000578-0-Messi_goes_down_in_the_box_after_flicking_the_ball _past_a_Chile_-a-34_1466991700990.jpg
http://cdne.elbocon.pe/thumbs/uploads/articles/images/argentina-vs-chile-asi-lo-sufr_jKT2m7S-jpg_980x551.jpghttp://estaticos.efe.com/efecom/recursos2/imagen.aspx?lVW2oAh2vjPPmSNDsbwD-P-2b-P-2bvLVOtLNhaCQ4TncnkXVSTX-P-2bAoG0sxzXPZPAk5l-P-2fU5UJQFE9ahsYNIJ95QzkOtamQ-P-3d-P-3d

Brazil
06-29-2016, 04:08 PM
Dude, this is an old video from when he was still playing in Argentinos. When the negotations were taking place. And before Maradona "became the hugest Boca fan ever" (he's an Independiente fan, fyi. At least he was as a child.).

I don't know what "well documented" fact you are talking about but I have never heard that story you told. :lol

And, if you watch the video, you can clearly see a young Maradona sad as fuck that River didn't offer enough money for him to join the club. And he litterally says "tenía la ilusión de ir a River" which translates to "I had the dream of going to River", so I don't know where you get your facts son but kill the informer, tbh. :lol

wtf son... I was not talking of his first contract with Boca, I was talking about his second contract after Seville... At that time from what I understood / read he has been offered more money to sign with River than Boca but still preferred play for Boca, that is in his biography

I had no idea about his first contract negotiation after argentinos and if River was in the race to get him.

For the rest I know he was an independiente fan but from the day he wore Boca jersey he has been loyal to Boca against the millionaires of River.

I will watch this vid anyway, thanks for posting. Pienso que voy a entender la video

Canyonero
06-29-2016, 04:13 PM
wtf son... I was not talking of his first contract with Boca, I was talking about his second contract after Seville... At that time from what I understood / read he has been offered more money to sign with River than Boca but still preferred play for Boca, that is in his biography

I had no idea about his first contract negotiation after argentinos and if River was in the race to get him.

For the rest I know he was an independiente fan but from the day he wore Boca jersey he has been loyal to Boca against the millionaires of River.

I will watch this vid anyway, thanks for posting. Pienso que voy a entender la video

No son, that was during his first transfer from AAAJ. After Sevilla he played 4/5 matches with Newells (Messi's childhood club), coached a couple of teams and returned to Boca in TOSB mode.

Brazil
06-29-2016, 04:14 PM

dumbass context is quite everything.

I said I could not watch the video, I will do tonite so my Spanish understanding has nothing to do with that. DAF mentionned it was during his Argentinos time but then I was talking about his second contract.

For the rest, kid, Spanish is my fourth language, so yeah certainly worst than yours but also probably better than your French or Portugues. All in all, I'm pretty sure I can understand an interview in Spanish

Brazil
06-29-2016, 04:30 PM
apparently he also said (it's in portugues but I guess a correct translation):

- "Eu tinha recusado uma oferta do River, que estava cheio de dinheiro, para aceitar a do Boca, que não tinha nada. Era uma coisa de louco. Deixei de ganhar, mas sabia que fazendo um bom campeonato tinha o Barcelona aos meus pés" – ressaltou Diego.

so yeah all seems a bit confusing but I obviously trust the ST Argies to clean that up

Brazil
06-29-2016, 04:31 PM
No son, that was during his first transfer from AAAJ. After Sevilla he played 4/5 matches with Newells (Messi's childhood club), coached a couple of teams and returned to Boca in TOSB mode.

return was indeed tosb mode

Mikeanaro
06-29-2016, 04:48 PM
dumbass context is quite everything.

I said I could not watch the video, I will do tonite so my Spanish understanding has nothing to do with that. DAF mentionned it was during his Argentinos time but then I was talking about his second contract.

For the rest, kid, Spanish is my fourth language, so yeah certainly worst than yours but also probably better than your French or Portugues. All in all, I'm pretty sure I can understand an interview in Spanish
There is no context he explained THE WHOLE THING in the video, watch it, say you were wrong and we move to other things.

DAF86
06-29-2016, 09:33 PM

I never heard of River offering Maradona a contract after Sevilla, tbh. I'm not saying it isn't true but I doubt it. Why would River want to sign an ex-Boca player that was past his prime? But if it's true, it's only logical for Maradona to turn down River after playing in Boca. The same would happen the other way around. Very few players have done that. It is seen as a major sin here.

Brazil
06-30-2016, 07:29 AM
There is no context he explained THE WHOLE THING in the video, watch it, say you were wrong and we move to other things.

read the whole stuff. I had already explained 1. I could not watch the vid and 2. I was talking about second contract with Boca, vid was at the time of the first... not sure what is hard to understand

Brazil
06-30-2016, 07:43 AM
I never heard of River offering Maradona a contract after Sevilla, tbh. I'm not saying it isn't true but I doubt it. Why would River want to sign an ex-Boca player that was past his prime? But if it's true, it's only logical for Maradona to turn down River after playing in Boca. The same would happen the other way around. Very few players have done that. It is seen as a major sin here.

I've mixed up things. I've read Maradona autobiography a long time ago.

I've been looking for the part of Boca signing in the book and the part I was remembering was on his first signing. Some quotes / extracts:

Diego: "They asked me (...) if I'd only made the claim to put pressure on river. It was an odd situation, River who had all the money but none of my heart, Boca with no money and all of my passion." He mentionned River made a 13 MUSD offer etc etc...

now it does not mean there was not something on second signing but yeah I'm not sure.

Of course in his biography he would not say he wanted River badly :lol but I stayed with that in mind regarding his story River/Boca. In his book he is quite explicit about his desire to play for Boca tho. Nevertheless the vid you posted offer a new angle to this legend.

At the end, point remains, River Plate fans are I believe quite biased when talking about Maradona which is understandable.

lefty
06-30-2016, 08:11 AM
At the end, point remains, River Plate fans are I believe quite biased when talking about Maradona which is understandable.
https://media.giphy.com/media/cbG9wtoO8QScw/giphy.gif

DAF86
06-30-2016, 08:16 AM
I've mixed up things. I've read Maradona autobiography a long time ago.

I've been looking for the part of Boca signing in the book and the part I was remembering was on his first signing. Some quotes / extracts:

Diego: "They asked me (...) if I'd only made the claim to put pressure on river. It was an odd situation, River who had all the money but none of my heart, Boca with no money and all of my passion." He mentionned River made a 13 MUSD offer etc etc...

now it does not mean there was not something on second signing but yeah I'm not sure.

Of course in his biography he would not say he wanted River badly :lol but I stayed with that in mind regarding his story River/Boca. In his book he is quite explicit about his desire to play for Boca tho. Nevertheless the vid you posted offer a new angle to this legend.

Maradona is a known contradictory lier, tbh. Look no further than the whole recent incident with Messi. His contradictions are well documented on Argie TV programmes, tbh.

Either way, I never had a problem with Maradona and there are lots of River Plate fans that love him, tbh.

Thinking Messi is better than Maradona doesn't mean that you hate Maradona, tbh. It is a very plausible argument that could be made with lots of facts to back it up, tbh. The individual records, stats and accolades are there for anyone to see. Then you can have all the counter-arguments you want, like Messi playing for a stacked team, not ringing with Argentina, etc.

I'm not saying any side is wrong (like I said many times, I didn't have the chance to see Maradona on his prime outside of tapes so I won't get on that debate. Although the tapes and stats do help me make an educated guess), I'm just saying that is idiotic to think there's not even an argument to be had, or that the only way to say Messi is better is because you have a bias against Maradona.

Under that same reasoning I can start saying that anyone that doesn't think Messi is the GOAT is because they have a bias against him, tbh.

Canyonero
06-30-2016, 09:06 AM
We would be biased if Maradona actually did something relevant while playing for Boca :lol:lol:lol

Brazil
06-30-2016, 09:10 AM
Maradona is a known contradictory lier, tbh. Look no further than the whole recent incident with Messi. His contradictions are well documented on Argie TV programmes, tbh.

I don't disagree with that

Either way, I never had a problem with Maradona and there are lots of River Plate fans that love him, tbh.

Thinking Messi is better than Maradona doesn't mean that you hate Maradona, tbh. It is a very plausible argument that could be made with lots of facts to back it up, tbh. The individual records, stats and accolades are there for anyone to see. Then you can have all the counter-arguments you want, like Messi playing for a stacked team, not ringing with Argentina, etc.

I'm not saying any side is wrong (like I said many times, I didn't have the chance to see Maradona on his prime outside of tapes so I won't get on that debate. Although the tapes and stats do help me make an educated guess), I'm just saying that is idiotic to think there's not even an argument to be had, or that the only way to say Messi is better is because you have a bias against Maradona.

fair enough

Under that same reasoning I can start saying that anyone that doesn't think Messi is the GOAT is because they have a bias against him, tbh.

I don't think here it is a fair statement. There are reasons to believe River fans hate Diego... at the time there were songs like "Maradona son of a whore, the whore who gave birth to you..." Now obviously it was a long time ago but old school river fans probably continue to have an issue with him and culture of River fans must have been influenced by that.

Now unless you are a Madrid fan, why anyone would have a so deep bias against Messi especially in Argentina ? He never played in Argentina. Everybody is biased but that some small shit. I, for one, recognize a small one tbh but man it's not like Messi played for Marseille or Paris Saint Germain and fucked Bordeaux over and over. I have nothing against him, he is playin in Spain, he is not crushing any Bordeaux Champions League dreams (because there ain't any) and he did not eliminate France of any international competition...

I'm just an older dude that saw them both play, there is some nostalgia out there (Platini over Zidane, Diego over Messi...) of course but also some good reasons to believe he is nowhere close to Pele or Diego as you mentionned: failing with Argentina, stacked teams etc etc.... It's all a matter of perspective from what you value the most in my case: WC above anything else, NT above clubs...

Brazil
06-30-2016, 09:13 AM
We would be biased if Maradona actually did something relevant while playing for Boca :lol:lol:lol

:lol well he did... he won a title with Boca and won a "classico" 3/0

Canyonero
06-30-2016, 09:19 AM
:lol well he did... he won a title with Boca and won a "classico" 3/0

:lol wow, one title (which River also won during Maradona's first spell) and one clasico (which River also won a few at the same time).

Wait, I remember he did something relevant. He broke the Argie league record of most consecutive penalties missed.

Brazil
06-30-2016, 09:24 AM
:lol wow, one title (which River also won during Maradona's first spell) and one clasico (which River also won a few at the same time).

Wait, I remember he did something relevant. He broke the Argie league record of most consecutive penalties missed.

oh ok so you are saying he actually won something relevant with Boca, thanks for the confirmation :tu

Canyonero
06-30-2016, 09:50 AM
oh ok so you are saying he actually won something relevant with Boca, thanks for the confirmation :tu

My memory is a little vague tbh

Mikeanaro
06-30-2016, 03:49 PM
read the whole stuff. I had already explained 1. I could not watch the vid and 2. I was talking about second contract with Boca, vid was at the time of the first... not sure what is hard to understand
The thing about fagadona is that he changes his mind according to his needs, he talked bad about our ex-president Menem, so Menem punished him knowing he was a coke addict and a bi so Fag got caught sleeping naked with a dude here in Palermo and there was coke in the apartment, after that incident he begun to say Menem was the greatest thing ever.

He never gave two shits about politics but after USA rejected him because of the doping he became a Cuban advocate talking shit about USA, but no problem to send his daughters to see the Backstreet Boys shows in Miami and now that Cuba is kissing USA´s ass he wanted to go to USA but they said FUCK YOU JABBA.

After all the issues we had with England he never talked shit about them, why? because they called him from England to speak in some colleges and shit like that, that piece of shit goes where he can get something.

Back to 2006 he was supporting Riquelme as a hardcore fan because he was playing for our NT, after that Boca historic poll Fag started to talk shit about Riquelme.

2010 WC he had Messi as a player so Mechi was the best thing ever, now since he was a menace to his shitty career is a soulless piece of shit.

Too much wrong shit going with that midget, utter shit person.

Brazil
06-30-2016, 04:00 PM
^ dat salt is not good for your heart tbh...

Kawhitstorm
06-30-2016, 07:31 PM

The difference b/w Messi & Maradona is that one is a big game player while the other one is a frontrunner. It would be like the difference between Curry & Isiah Thomas.

ElNono
06-30-2016, 08:18 PM
I'm a River fan and have nothing but appreciation for Diego the player, tbh... who wouldn't? He gave us the ultimate prize, the World Cup, and unlike in '78, he did it on the road and was basically the ace you need to have to pull it off.

He made us dream, be proud and excited, and ultimately delivered. And sure, he didn't win it by himself, but he was a major part. All that we watched that cup, know the suffering, and the fact that, there was always hope that Diego would pull a rabbit out of his cocaine bag...

Diego the person is certainly debatable, but I don't have to pay attention to that. I rather remember the player, that loved to take challenges head on, and win or lose, you know he was 100% in it.

dunkman
06-30-2016, 08:42 PM
Maradona (the player) was better then Messi. He was much better than anyone of his era (Matthäus, Van Basten, Gullit, Platini, Zico). It was obvious since his Argentinos Juniors days he was an exceptional talent, but he enjoyed success only when Bilardo took the NT and while playing for Napoli.

Before that, his success with Argentina was at youth level and he couldn't help win a Copa América. He enjoyed some success with Argentinos, Boca and Barça, but he was still a promise then. The '82 Argentina team was favourite for the WC, but started losing their first game vs Belgium and in the second round group Brazil and eventual champion Italy proved better.

After his first doping suspension, once he joined Sevilla, he wasn't the same player. He showed some limited brilliance at the '94 WC before being suspended another time. When he returned the second time with Boca, he was totally unrecognizable player. For those who saw him in the 70's and 80's it was appalling.

He did some things exceptionally well. First it was near impossible to take him the ball and he had great vision of the field. Then he did very unpredictable plays and would make the defenders panic, he would distract 3-4 players then make a great assist. Finally he was outstanding at free kicks, live walls in the Serie A would feature unusually many players when he was about to take a FK. He would serve corners close to the small area and has made some Olympic goals if I recall right.

He struggled but eventually silenced any critics while at Napoli or at '86 and '90 Mundiales, something that Messi wasn't able to do.

The guy was a genius type of talent.

Maradona, the person, is another story. It matters as he set a bad example for the youth, but there is nothing to do about.

Mikeanaro
06-30-2016, 09:00 PM
Maradona (the player) was better then Messi. He was much better than anyone of his era (Matthäus, Van Basten, Gullit, Platini, Zico). It was obvious since his Argentinos Juniors days he was an exceptional talent, but he enjoyed success only when Bilardo took the NT and while playing for Napoli.

Before that, his success with Argentina was at youth level and he couldn't help win a Copa América. He enjoyed some success with Argentinos, Boca and Barça, but he was still a promise then. The '82 Argentina team was favourite for the WC, but started losing their first game vs Belgium and in the second round group Brazil and eventual champion Italy proved better.

After his first doping suspension, once he joined Sevilla, he wasn't the same player. He showed some limited brilliance at the '94 WC before being suspended another time. When he returned the second time with Boca, he was totally unrecognizable player. For those who saw him in the 70's and 80's it was appalling.

He did some things exceptionally well. First it was near impossible to take him the ball and he had great vision of the field. Then he did very unpredictable plays and would make the defenders panic, he would distract 3-4 players then make a great assist. Finally he was outstanding at free kicks, live walls in the Serie A would feature unusually many players when he was about to take a FK. He would serve corners close to the small area and has made some Olympic goals if I recall right.

He struggled but eventually silenced any critics while at Napoli or at '86 and '90 Mundiales, something that Messi wasn't able to do.

Maradona, the person, is another story. It matters as he set a bad example for the youth, but there is nothing to do about.
Very moving story, Messi did the same and then some more but his stupid teammates didnt help him, Soredona did nothing in the ´86 Finals vs Germany and he is the hero.
Show me when the hell he was quad teamed.
Defenders panic

dunkman
06-30-2016, 10:02 PM
Very moving story, Messi did the same and then some more but his stupid teammates didnt help him, Soredona did nothing in the ´86 Finals vs Germany and he is the hero.
Show me when the hell he was quad teamed.
Defenders panic

Check the third goal vs West Germany, Maradona gets the ball 4-5 players panic, he assists Burruchaga. Peru wasn't a bad side, it's not easy to classify from South America for the Mundial. Brazil usually classifies without problems, the rest of the teams struggle. Maradona was complaining about Reyna, not sure what happened there.

Mikeanaro
07-01-2016, 12:02 AM
Check the third goal vs West Germany, Maradona gets the ball 4-5 players panic, he assists Burruchaga. Peru wasn't a bad side, it's not easy to classify from South America for the Mundial. Brazil usually classifies without problems, the rest of the teams struggle. Maradona was complaining about Reyna, not sure what happened there.
Are you aware that Messi assisted 3 times in 3 finals the same player and he missed every attempt? there is no panic he only had 1 guy defending him, not 4 kicking the shit out of his soul.

Peru was a joke and that guy Reyna was a complete nobody and did an excelent job, Maradona was scared as shit and this is not the only example, there were many other episodes of him walking the game or doing nothing after a couple of kicks.

Argentina always classifies, excepting one time during 1969 and in 1985 it was all about Passarella and Gareca because Diego was in his shitty pants phase.

Whats gives Dona his godly status is there was no internet/giant media/twitter/youtube during those days, because if he were playing now there would be a lot of his shit exposed.
And lots of people love to say he is the better player without even checking the facts.

ElNono
07-01-2016, 12:23 AM
Are you aware that Messi assisted 3 times in 3 finals the same player and he missed every attempt? there is no panic he only had 1 guy defending him, not 4 kicking the shit out of his soul.

Peru was a joke and that guy Reyna was a complete nobody and did an excelent job, Maradona was scared as shit and this is not the only example, there were many other episodes of him walking the game or doing nothing after a couple of kicks.

Reyna actually used to kick the shit out of Diego. And this was after Goikoetxea almost ends Diego career with one dirty tackle. Teams were allowed to play more physical back then, tbh...

As far as the 1st part of your post, sure, and that's not Messi's fault. You can also add that Bilardo ran circles against Martino, as a coach. Tactically, there's no comparison. Bilardo was obsessive/compulsive, but he knew how to play any team, and he knew how to use Diego's influence on the other team. This shit of leaving Messi alone against 3-4 players is also responsibility of the coach that doesn't know how to take advantage of that.

And as much as I love Daniel Passarella as a River fan, he always has been un sorete. It's not surprising that Bilardo and Diego cleanup up all those faggots before the '86 World Cup.

Mikeanaro
07-01-2016, 02:41 AM
Reyna actually used to kick the shit out of Diego. And this was after Goikoetxea almost ends Diego career with one dirty tackle. Teams were allowed to play more physical back then, tbh...

As far as the 1st part of your post, sure, and that's not Messi's fault. You can also add that Bilardo ran circles against Martino, as a coach. Tactically, there's no comparison. Bilardo was obsessive/compulsive, but he knew how to play any team, and he knew how to use Diego's influence on the other team. This shit of leaving Messi alone against 3-4 players is also responsibility of the coach that doesn't know how to take advantage of that.

And as much as I love Daniel Passarella as a River fan, he always has been un sorete. It's not surprising that Bilardo and Diego cleanup up all those faggots before the '86 World Cup.
Yeah but Reyna was a nobody and if Diego had the balls as everybody loves to say would have kicked the shit out of him, people has a wrong image about him like he was perfect and won every game, a god between pilgrims when he was a sore loser too.

Not buying those days were more physical, maybe the 50s 60s and 70s when you had to go to Uruguay to get raped yeah but Missy got kicked hard in the stomach in Chile last year and nobody said a thing, Asshuain got a knee kiss in his fat head and there was silence no whistles in the WC Finals, Missy was still getting kicked during the last minutes a couple days ago and that Brazillian ref fag stopped raising the yellow cards, I see Barcelona games and Missy gets some sweet kicks very often.

Argentina 4th Place Copa America 1987

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zorsp6rkGQ

Bilardo was a real sick coach, today was talking in the Mauro Viale TV show and said Di Stefano was better than Maradona and Messi, Billy as a coach studied every opponent like a madman on the other hand Martino is a retard with no plans at all, that doesnt help either.

Passarella is shit he sunk River to the B, but as a player he and Gareca made possible Mexico ´86, I think everybody has a part in our futbol history so thats why I hate when people talk like Droga was a perfect warrior ¨Bad dudes vs dragonninja killer¨ because it is a very flawed statement.

Part of that legend is the fact that he scored against England and people said ¨WOW LOOK WHAT HE DID TO THE INGLESES, THEY CAN KILL US BUT CANT BEAT US IN A FUTBOL GAME, DIEGO IS SUCH A SOULJA WARRIOR¨, and every time media talks about Maradona they put the same stupid play over and over again.

ElNono
07-01-2016, 03:28 AM
Diego did kick the shit out of a Brazilian in '82 and that was pretty much the end of the World Cup for Argentina. So he did learn a thing or two about retaliating, tbh... he was also a much bigger flopper than Messi, no doubt about it, he sometimes abused the fact that he'll get the benefit of the doubt.

There always was grabbing, etc, but now they have that gay shit of rolling back the play and calling a foul, that didn't exist back then. Check at 2:36 in that video, that's a vicious kick, and not only no foul is called, but since the ref didn't call it, it's not even a yellow card. Especially in South America, going to play to Peru or Montevideo, you always had very partial refs to the home team (hasn't changed a lot, tbh), and they'll kick the shit out of you.

I think it's funny you bring that video for two reasons: 1) Bolivia (the home team) was the runner up in that Copa America (crofl Bolivia being top anything), which ties perfectly with what I was saying, and 2) Uruguay had a pretty good team back then, with prime Enzo, and if you recall, we had a lot of trouble beating them in the '86 World Cup (I think it was Pasculli that scored the only gol).

Passarella was always un milico, and he definitely was important in the '78 cup. He kind of gave importance to the central defender position, tbh, we had some very good talent with personality in that area that followed his lead (Ruggeri, Brown, Samuel), but that's actually something we didn't really renew for a bunch of years, and it's been costing us a lot (det defense). But Daniel was a total douchebag, no doubt about it, and Bilardo should get all the credit for picking sides and making the right choice there too.

And sure, nobody is saying Diego was the perfect player (neither is Messi, nor was Pele I'm pretty sure, even if I didn't see much of him). As far as '86, he really was the guy that beat England and later on, Belgium. He was completely brilliant in those games, and it would be difficult to argue that we would have won them without him. He was key against Italy in the 1st round, another team that was not only the defending champ, but very physical also. Same thing with beating Brazil in the '90 WC. Caniggia scored, but the play was all Diego.

All that said, I know the Bilardo hate is strong with a bunch of people over there, but he really did know how to put together a team. Some people argue he's a product of Maradona (and you could say that to an extent, you need the star), but he understood what was needed around him, and put a lot of utilitarian players (which were solid, not doubt), and ultimately even guys like Valdano, who was coming from Real Madrid, ended up doing a lot of dirty work on defense, etc, to eventually win that shit.

I'm kinda fascinated with all the technical articles that have been coming up these last few weeks in celebration of the 30th anniversary of 1986. I remember back then Bilardo saying he changed football, and I remember thinking, the ego got to this guy. But looking back now, from a tactical standpoint (and looking at the vendehumos like Basile, Tata, even Diego or Passarella as coaches), he really was a step forward as far as tactical planning, and his lineups, while they looked odd back then, were definitely spot on for the adversary we were playing. He's a guy that IMO doesn't get enough credit.

Brazil
07-01-2016, 09:20 AM
ElNono tbh :tu

dunkman
07-01-2016, 09:23 AM
Passarella was clearly one of the best Argentine players, when he got excluded from the '86 squad it looked bad for Argentina. The comments at the time said Maradona and Passarella disliked each other.

Bilardo was notorious for dirty tactics. Camino broke Navarro's leg, who at the time was the best Peruvian player, in the decisive game in Buenos Aires in 85. Argentina needed a draw, Peru a victory. It ended 2:2.

Basile was damn good coach for Argentina. He won 2 Copa América, in 91 and 93. Also a Confederations Cup in 91. The team was ranked #1 in that period and went into a +25 games winning streak.

However, Argentina lost 0:5 to Colombia in Buenos Aires and by public acclaim Maradona returned to the NT to help Argentina win the "repêchage" vs Australia and qualify for USA '94 WC. They were to win it all, but Diego's suspension was a terrible distraction.

Every little thing Maradona did was a breaking worldwide news, so all the aspects of any his wrongdoing and eccentricities were immediately aired in the news.

Brazil
07-01-2016, 09:44 AM
Maradona was like Bilardo, idea of those two guys is win no matter what no matter how... win ugly, dirty but win

DAF86
07-01-2016, 12:24 PM
I don't disagree with that

fair enough

I don't think here it is a fair statement. There are reasons to believe River fans hate Diego... at the time there were songs like "Maradona son of a whore, the whore who gave birth to you..." Now obviously it was a long time ago but old school river fans probably continue to have an issue with him and culture of River fans must have been influenced by that.

Now unless you are a Madrid fan, why anyone would have a so deep bias against Messi especially in Argentina ? He never played in Argentina. Everybody is biased but that some small shit. I, for one, recognize a small one tbh but man it's not like Messi played for Marseille or Paris Saint Germain and fucked Bordeaux over and over. I have nothing against him, he is playin in Spain, he is not crushing any Bordeaux Champions League dreams (because there ain't any) and he did not eliminate France of any international competition...

I'm just an older dude that saw them both play, there is some nostalgia out there (Platini over Zidane, Diego over Messi...) of course but also some good reasons to believe he is nowhere close to Pele or Diego as you mentionned: failing with Argentina, stacked teams etc etc.... It's all a matter of perspective from what you value the most in my case: WC above anything else, NT above clubs...

Because of all the Maradona-Messi argument, tbh.

And, even if it's strange for foreigners to believe it, some delusional Pimienta fans made a suppossed Messi vs Riquelme, or even Tevez, a thing.

DAF86
07-01-2016, 12:27 PM
The difference b/w Messi & Maradona is that one is a big game player while the other one is a frontrunner. It would be like the difference between Curry & Isiah Thomas.

You are right, Messi has made countless goals in finals. Maradona has never scored in one.

DAF86
07-01-2016, 12:30 PM

:lol What the fuck did he do there? That assist to Caniggia. Nothing more.

Messi '14 WC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Maradona '90 WC, and then some.

But yet, here you are saying Maradona "silenced any critics" with his '90 WC performance but saying Messi couldn't do the same. :lol

This is the shit I talk about when I say many folks tend to overrated Maradona's achievments, tbh.

DAF86
07-01-2016, 12:41 PM
Diego did kick the shit out of a Brazilian in '82 and that was pretty much the end of the World Cup for Argentina. So he did learn a thing or two about retaliating, tbh... he was also a much bigger flopper than Messi, no doubt about it, he sometimes abused the fact that he'll get the benefit of the doubt.

There always was grabbing, etc, but now they have that gay shit of rolling back the play and calling a foul, that didn't exist back then. Check at 2:36 in that video, that's a vicious kick, and not only no foul is called, but since the ref didn't call it, it's not even a yellow card. Especially in South America, going to play to Peru or Montevideo, you always had very partial refs to the home team (hasn't changed a lot, tbh), and they'll kick the shit out of you.

I think it's funny you bring that video for two reasons: 1) Bolivia (the home team) was the runner up in that Copa America (crofl Bolivia being top anything), which ties perfectly with what I was saying, and 2) Uruguay had a pretty good team back then, with prime Enzo, and if you recall, we had a lot of trouble beating them in the '86 World Cup (I think it was Pasculli that scored the only gol).

Passarella was always un milico, and he definitely was important in the '78 cup. He kind of gave importance to the central defender position, tbh, we had some very good talent with personality in that area that followed his lead (Ruggeri, Brown, Samuel), but that's actually something we didn't really renew for a bunch of years, and it's been costing us a lot (det defense). But Daniel was a total douchebag, no doubt about it, and Bilardo should get all the credit for picking sides and making the right choice there too.

And sure, nobody is saying Diego was the perfect player (neither is Messi, nor was Pele I'm pretty sure, even if I didn't see much of him). As far as '86, he really was the guy that beat England and later on, Belgium. He was completely brilliant in those games, and it would be difficult to argue that we would have won them without him. He was key against Italy in the 1st round, another team that was not only the defending champ, but very physical also. Same thing with beating Brazil in the '90 WC. Caniggia scored, but the play was all Diego.

All that said, I know the Bilardo hate is strong with a bunch of people over there, but he really did know how to put together a team. Some people argue he's a product of Maradona (and you could say that to an extent, you need the star), but he understood what was needed around him, and put a lot of utilitarian players (which were solid, not doubt), and ultimately even guys like Valdano, who was coming from Real Madrid, ended up doing a lot of dirty work on defense, etc, to eventually win that shit.

I'm kinda fascinated with all the technical articles that have been coming up these last few weeks in celebration of the 30th anniversary of 1986. I remember back then Bilardo saying he changed football, and I remember thinking, the ego got to this guy. But looking back now, from a tactical standpoint (and looking at the vendehumos like Basile, Tata, even Diego or Passarella as coaches), he really was a step forward as far as tactical planning, and his lineups, while they looked odd back then, were definitely spot on for the adversary we were playing. He's a guy that IMO doesn't get enough credit.

You talking about CA '87? That shit was played in Argentina son.

Brazil
07-01-2016, 01:03 PM
Because of all the Maradona-Messi argument, tbh.

And, even if it's strange for foreigners to believe it, some delusional Pimienta fans made a suppossed Messi vs Riquelme, or even Tevez, a thing.

Again fair enough but this kind of bias is usually not as strong a bias due to clubs rivalry. again I see your point tho

Kawhitstorm
07-01-2016, 01:07 PM
You are right, Messi has made countless goals in finals. Maradona has never scored in one.

You're right zero can't be counted.:toast

DAF86
07-01-2016, 01:12 PM
Whats gives Dona his godly status is there was no internet/giant media/twitter/youtube during those days, because if he were playing now there would be a lot of his shit exposed.
And lots of people love to say he is the better player without even checking the facts.

You are so right son. I mean, look at what the press said about Maradona before '86.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BslsrLEIYAAO9dJ.jpg

They called him a "failure" :lol

Then '86 came and all was forgotten.

'86. a WC. One tournament. One month. And the myth was created.

DAF86
07-01-2016, 01:17 PM
You're right zero can't be counted.:toast

Dude, Messi holds the record for goals scored in finals. :lol

Relevancy
07-01-2016, 01:19 PM
Hard to compare eras imo, Pele played against the poorest competetion for sure though, would he excell in todays game? Who knows, todays game is so demanding, you have to be in the strictest diet possible to get the best out of your body, everything has pretty much evolved.

Mikeanaro
07-01-2016, 01:22 PM
You are so right son. I mean, look at what the press said about Maradona before '86.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
Be careful with that info, your life could be in danger.

Mikeanaro
07-01-2016, 01:26 PM
Hard to compare eras imo, Pele played against the poorest competetion for sure though, would he excell in todays game? Who knows, todays game is so demanding, you have to be in the strictest diet possible to get the best out of your body, everything has pretty much evolved.
Not really, players dont run the whole field in 6 seconds and dont make goals from 50 meters, same with BB players they are not faster and they should be doing freethrow line dunks all the time.
Players are more ripped sure but that doesnt mean they are stronger/faster.

Kawhitstorm
07-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Dude, Messi holds the record for goals scored in finals. :lol

I didn't know the record was zero.:lol

Kawhitstorm
07-01-2016, 01:32 PM

Diego: Dirk

Messi: Malone

DAF86
07-01-2016, 01:33 PM
I didn't know the record was zero.:lol

It's of about 20, tbh.

DAF86
07-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Diego: Dirk

Messi: Malone

Most folks have Malone over Dirk in the all-time list, tbh.

Mikeanaro
07-01-2016, 01:34 PM

I think Bilardo was a true coach and not a product of Droga and if we had a coach with at least a fraction of his OCD in our NT teams things would have been so different because now you have much more access to info about your opponents than he had in the 80´s.
Lol also he had that streaky thing you know about mufa people/bad luck guys, and if you went to a game and everything ended up like shit Bilardo would say you are mufa... dont come to our games :lmao

dunkman
07-01-2016, 01:35 PM
:lol What the fuck did he do there? That assist to Caniggia. Nothing more.

Messi '14 WC >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Maradona '90 WC, and then some.

But yet, here you are saying Maradona "silenced any critics" with his '90 WC performance but saying Messi couldn't do the same. :lol

This is the shit I talk about when I say many folks tend to overrated Maradona's achievments, tbh.

The '90 team was terrible, basically past prime Maradona, Cani, park the bus and then Goyco for the penalties. Honestly the last thing I expected was that Argentina could beat Brazil but Maradona made that possible. Nor I thought they could take out Italy at home in the semi-final. The thing is Argentina wildly overachieved at ('86 and) '90 mundial(s).

DAF86
07-01-2016, 01:36 PM
The '90 team was terrible, basically past prime Maradona, Cani, park the bus and then Goyco for the penalties. Honestly the last thing I expected was that Argentina could beat Brazil but Maradona made that possible. Nor I thought they could take out Italy at home in the semi-final. The thing is Argentina wildly overachieved at ('86 and) '90 mundial(s).

Cool, that still doesn't make Maradona's individual performance on that WC anything special, tbh. :lol

Relevancy
07-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Not really, players dont run the whole field in 6 seconds and dont make goals from 50 meters, same with BB players they are not faster and they should be doing freethrow line dunks all the time.
Players are more ripped sure but that doesnt mean they are stronger/faster.ehh I don't know, when I look at highlights from the 60's all I see is a bunch of unathletic players trying to stop pele tbh, I think Pele was just ahead of his time but I hate how they make it seem like he's the god of football

Kawhitstorm
07-01-2016, 01:54 PM
Most folks have Malone over Dirk in the all-time list, tbh.

Except in the "Big" games

dunkman
07-01-2016, 02:09 PM

Not just the '86 WC, at Napoli he's very highly regarded. Even has his #10 retired which is unheard of in football. That team won two Serie A scudettos, when they never won any before or after him.

Once again, wildly overachieved. This time no Bilardo.

DAF86
07-01-2016, 02:28 PM
Not just the '86 WC, at Napoli he's very highly regarded. Even has his #10 retired which is unheard of in football. That team won two Serie A scudettos, when they never won any before or after him.

Once again, wildly overachieved. This time no Bilardo.

That's another fairy tale of the Maradona legend, that Napoly was a small team. That might have been the story on history, but at that particular time Napoly was stacked (they had a top 3 roster for the Italian league). I mean, they bought the Brazilian NT number 9 and the best player in the World and you are trying to tell me they were a poor small club? :lol

Brazil
07-01-2016, 02:37 PM
it did not last long tbh

Messi apologists trying to dismish Maradona legacy :lol

It was expected tho

In no time those two dudes will declare Diego is not even a top 10 all time but a lucky guy that would have been forgotten if not for a lucky month in 86

:lmao tbh

dunkman
07-01-2016, 02:38 PM
That's another fairy tale of the Maradona legend, that Napoly was a small team. That might have been the story on history, but at that particular time Napoly was stacked (they had a top 3 roster for the Italian league). I mean, they bought the Brazilian NT number 9 and the best player in the World and you are trying to tell me they were a poor small club? :lol

Milan had Van Basten, Gullit, Baresi, Maldini and Rijkaard. Juve had Platini and several players from the '82 WC champion team.

DAF86
07-01-2016, 02:40 PM
Milan had Van Basten, Gullit, Baresi, Maldini and Rijkaard. Juve had Platini and several players from the '82 WC champion team.

Yeah, so? Does that mean Napoly wasn't stacked too?

dunkman
07-01-2016, 02:43 PM
Yeah, so? Does that mean Napoly wasn't stacked too?

Ah, Inter was garbage too with Matthäus, Brehme, "pelado" Diaz and Klinsmann.

DAF86
07-01-2016, 02:46 PM
it did not last long tbh

Messi apologists trying to dismish Maradona legacy :lol

It was expected tho

In no time those two dudes will declare Diego is not even a top 10 all time but a lucky guy that would have been forgotten if not for a lucky month in 86

:lmao tbh

How is posting facts and giving a little context "disminishing" Maradona's career? :lol

Maradona is without a doubt a top 5 player of all-time, the best of his generation and arguably the greatest of all-time. We are just explaining that he wasn't a flawed God, tbh. That's all.

DAF86
07-01-2016, 02:47 PM
Ah, Inter was garbage too with Matthäus, Brehme, "pelado" Diaz and Klinsmann.

Still not explaining why you said Napoly was "small", tbh. :lol

dunkman
07-01-2016, 03:03 PM
Still not explaining why you said Napoly was "small", tbh. :lol

The Napoli 86-87 squad wasn't stacked, things improved gradually to the 89-90 team which figured Alemão, Careca also better known Italian players. In the first champion squad, Diego was the only foreigner.

Serie A was the best league at the time, and since it's long Robin round tournament the best team wins always. So, there it goes.

dunkman
07-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Sincerely, I don't see Messi making such a difference.
But well, everyone has his opinion.

Brazil
07-01-2016, 03:12 PM
How is posting facts and giving a little context "disminishing" Maradona's career? :lol

Maradona is without a doubt a top 5 player of all-time, the best of his generation and arguably the greatest of all-time. We are just explaining that he wasn't a flawed God, tbh. That's all.

just explaining that Maradona is: "'86. a WC. One tournament. One month. And the myth was created." oh and his time with Napoli was overrated, Napoli was stacked etc etc is not dismishing his legacy ?

oh and nobody has ever said he was flawless tbh

DAF86
07-01-2016, 03:35 PM
just explaining that Maradona is: "'86. a WC. One tournament. One month. And the myth was created." oh and his time with Napoli was overrated, Napoli was stacked etc etc is not dismishing his legacy ?

oh and nobody has ever said he was flawless tbh

No, it isn't disminishing his career. Is just dismitifying the myth that Maradona could do no wrong, and that he always played well in big matchtes and never failed. You know, "his will to win", "his killer instinct" and all the other bullshit terms sportfans tend to say without giving it much thought.

And no, saying the truth about that Napoly team isn't disminishing his career either.

DAF86
07-01-2016, 03:38 PM
Sincerely, I don't see Messi making such a difference.
But well, everyone has his opinion.

Brazil
07-01-2016, 04:08 PM
No, it isn't disminishing his career. Is just dismitifying the myth that Maradona could do no wrong, and that he always played well in big matchtes and never failed. You know, "his will to win", "his killer instinct" and all the other bullshit terms sportfans tend to say without giving it much thought.

And no, saying the truth about that Napoly team isn't disminishing his career either.

I'm not sure I'm following you on this one... Maradona received his share of critics during his career and even after even more than Pele imo (only Pele criticism is about his 1,000 goals, the rest is not very much discussed)

As for Napoly... Team was terrible before his arrival, first year team finished middle of the ranking, second year top 3. he won in his third year with some help for sure like Carnevale but still roster is full of italians and not comparable to for instance Juve with Platini/Laudrup or Milan. Milan that will be champ the year after with Napoli losing only 6 games with a collapse at the end (3 losses in a row). So early Napoli was not stacked by any means compared to other italian powerhouses. Maradona transformed an horrible team into a powerhouse got one title and finished 3 times top 3 with an average team.

Then they started to get some great guys like alemao like Zola like Careca and won 90 with yes a pretty stacked team but Maradona scored a record 16 goals this season also not like he coattaled

dunkman
07-01-2016, 04:30 PM

DAF, do you honestly think if Messi gets transferred to an average La Liga team that was never champion before he would be a champion with little other roster additions?

Canyonero
07-01-2016, 04:45 PM
DAF, do you honestly think if Messi gets transferred to an average La Liga team that was never champion before he would be a champion with little other roster additions?

Different contexts. The difference between big and medium teams wasn't the same.

dunkman
07-01-2016, 04:46 PM
Different contexts. The difference between big and medium teams wasn't the same.

Well, that's how the legend was born.

Canyonero
07-01-2016, 04:47 PM
Well, that's how the legend was born.

What legend?

dunkman
07-01-2016, 04:50 PM
What legend?

DAF implied that the myth of Maradona was unjustified. Not trying to say he was/is a good person, but IMO he was a genius for football.

Canyonero
07-01-2016, 04:55 PM
DAF implied that the myth of Maradona was unjustified. Not trying to say he was/is a good person, but IMO he was a genius for football.

I was answering your comparison of winning a Liga today with a random team vs winning a Scudetto back then.

Relevancy
07-01-2016, 05:00 PM
you niccas are making maradona seem like a superhero:lmao

Mikeanaro
07-01-2016, 05:03 PM

Still doesnt mean Napole wasnt stacked, you dont win cups by making 14 goals per tournament, dont you agree?

Mikeanaro
07-01-2016, 05:12 PM
Played 21 WC games, scored only 8 goals...

https://media.giphy.com/media/mWrYVjsjhWnCg/giphy.gif

hater
07-01-2016, 06:54 PM

pussies that miss Final penalties and quit on their seleccion do that. tbqh :lol

ElNono
07-01-2016, 07:29 PM
You talking about CA '87? That shit was played in Argentina son.

Shit, I mixed it up with '97.... my bad, tbh...

ElNono
07-01-2016, 07:51 PM
The fact that nobody thought that '86 team could win it all before the cup is what made the legend even bigger, tbh... I remember not only we struggled to qualify, on the friendly games we played before the cup, the team sucked ass...

Nobody gave 2 dimes for that team before the cup. Not only that, but the ARG federation dropped the ball organizing things even during the cup. It's well known the team didn't have shirts to play the quarterfinals game against England. They had to send somebody to buy a set of shirts in Mexico and then do the stamping.

That team did much more than win the World Cup too, they basically built the Ezeiza complex the NT uses now, paid for with money from the champs playing friendlies after the Cup. None of that existed before them.

I don't understand the hate for Bilardo or Diego (don't get the hate for Messi either, tbh)... you could hate their personalities, etc, but they really worked hard for the country and delivered.

hater
07-01-2016, 08:39 PM
Also lets not forget Diego beat a team of German genetically engineered Steroid infested terminators tbqh

:wow Diego :wow

hater
07-01-2016, 08:52 PM
Also lets not forget Diego has one of the best folk songs made in his name ole ole ole ole diegooo diegooo

Does the midget have a folk song of his own besides the theme for the fellowship of the ring? :lmao

Mikeanaro
07-01-2016, 08:53 PM
The fact that nobody thought that '86 team could win it all before the cup is what made the legend even bigger, tbh... I remember not only we struggled to qualify, on the friendly games we played before the cup, the team sucked ass...

Nobody gave 2 dimes for that team before the cup. Not only that, but the ARG federation dropped the ball organizing things even during the cup. It's well known the team didn't have shirts to play the quarterfinals game against England. They had to send somebody to buy a set of shirts in Mexico and then do the stamping.

That team did much more than win the World Cup too, they basically built the Ezeiza complex the NT uses now, paid for with money from the champs playing friendlies after the Cup. None of that existed before them.

I don't understand the hate for Bilardo or Diego (don't get the hate for Messi either, tbh)... you could hate their personalities, etc, but they really worked hard for the country and delivered.
http://nexo-cdn.nexofin.com/archivos/050_diego-maradona-colin-farrell-smooch.jpg

DAF86
07-01-2016, 09:10 PM
I'm not sure I'm following you on this one... Maradona received his share of critics during his career and even after even more than Pele imo (only Pele criticism is about his 1,000 goals, the rest is not very much discussed)

As for Napoly... Team was terrible before his arrival, first year team finished middle of the ranking, second year top 3. he won in his third year with some help for sure like Carnevale but still roster is full of italians and not comparable to for instance Juve with Platini/Laudrup or Milan. Milan that will be champ the year after with Napoli losing only 6 games with a collapse at the end (3 losses in a row). So early Napoli was not stacked by any means compared to other italian powerhouses. Maradona transformed an horrible team into a powerhouse got one title and finished 3 times top 3 with an average team.

Then they started to get some great guys like alemao like Zola like Careca and won 90 with yes a pretty stacked team but Maradona scored a record 16 goals this season also not like he coattaled

All the Italians teams were full of Italians back then. Only 3 international per teams were allowed. Among those 3 Internationals Napoly had 2 Brazilian stars and one of to best players ever. Plus some Italian internationals to add. They were stacked as fuck.

lefty
07-01-2016, 10:04 PM
Also lets not forget Diego beat a team of German genetically engineered Steroid infested terminators tbqh

:wow Diego :wow

:worthy: