PDA

View Full Version : It still hurts :cry

ElNono
06-27-2016, 05:28 PM
What a kick in the balls, tbh... sure, the WC Final, obviously, probably a bigger hit, but Germany was a pretty good team, and it was basically one of the first few Finals for this group. We haven't done shit for so long in that stage, it was kinda nice to just be there again.

Last year's Copa America was supposed to show the progress of this group, and losing the Final against the home team on penalties sucked. But Chile was the home team after all, and even if we always owned them, it could happen, tbh...

Now this one there's just no excuses. Even the players were talking big game and how reaching the Final was not good enough anymore, you get the sense that they understood failure was not an option. And they played a terrible game, tbh. Chokericks, no matter how you look at it. Feel for guys like Masche that really put everything he had out there, and Messi too, tbh, who was dumb in trying to do everything by himself, but was clear that he was just trying to win.

Now I know what Warrierfan felt after winning 73 and ending up home empty handed, tbh...

Just bittersweet, in a sense, this group clearly head and shoulders above most of the ARG teams from the last decade or two, but on the other hand, the final revelation that they're a bunch of chokers, just a kick in the balls. The fact that we're much better than overrated loser teams like Colombia or England isn't really a consolation, and shouldn't be an excuse, tbh... we're supposed to be better.

TheGreatYacht
06-27-2016, 05:31 PM
I hope it gets worse and Manure announces retirement

:violin:hang:drunk:shootme

ElNono
06-27-2016, 05:36 PM
I hope it gets worse and Manure announces retirement

:violin:hang:drunk:shootme

It could get worse, we could lose to Mejico, tbh...

TheGreatYacht
06-27-2016, 05:38 PM
It could get worse, we could lose to Mejico, tbh...
:lmao that's coming next!

spursistan
06-27-2016, 05:57 PM
by next World Cup, it is going to be longest title drought endured by a senior Big 4 team of international soccer (Brazil/ARG/GER/ITA) post-WWII..that's 25 years between Copa' 93 and WC'18 (assuming Argies are ringing in Siberia a couple of years from now :lol)...

Italy WC'82-WC'06 = 24 years

Brazil WC'70-Copa' 89 =19 years

Germany WC'54-Euro'72 = 18 years

Even a spent soccer force like Uruguay had to wait less.. 16 years between Copa'67 - Copa '83/Copa'95-Copa'11..

It could get depressing when you know Brazil is hosting Copa'19 and they might get their shit together by then..

We could be seriously looking at an extended dry spell for Argentina..

DAF86
06-28-2016, 01:15 AM
What a kick in the balls, tbh... sure, the WC Final, obviously, probably a bigger hit, but Germany was a pretty good team, and it was basically one of the first few Finals for this group. We haven't done shit for so long in that stage, it was kinda nice to just be there again.

Last year's Copa America was supposed to show the progress of this group, and losing the Final against the home team on penalties sucked. But Chile was the home team after all, and even if we always owned them, it could happen, tbh...

Now this one there's just no excuses. Even the players were talking big game and how reaching the Final was not good enough anymore, you get the sense that they understood failure was not an option. And they played a terrible game, tbh. Chokericks, no matter how you look at it. Feel for guys like Masche that really put everything he had out there, and Messi too, tbh, who was dumb in trying to do everything by himself, but was clear that he was just trying to win.

Now I know what Warrierfan felt after winning 73 and ending up home empty handed, tbh...

Just bittersweet, in a sense, this group clearly head and shoulders above most of the ARG teams from the last decade or two, but on the other hand, the final revelation that they're a bunch of chokers, just a kick in the balls. The fact that we're much better than overrated loser teams like Colombia or England isn't really a consolation, and shouldn't be an excuse, tbh... we're supposed to be better.

The fuck matters if they said that shit? :lol

Them saying anything won't help them play better. If anything, the extra pressure might have made them play worse.

You don't play well when you want, you play well when you can. And no kind of macho talk is going to change that. That's why I dislike all the bullshit talk about "oh, you better win or else...", or "the will to win", or "killer instinct" and shit like that. :lol

Those are just words that don't accomplish shit. What you have to do is just shut the fuck up and play. If you win, great. If you don't, try the next time. That's it. The rest it's just bullshit talk to fill web pages or have a moronic cafe chats with folks that take the frustrations of their mediocre lifes on more succesful guys.

Tbh.

ElNono
06-28-2016, 01:46 AM
The fuck matters if they said that shit? :lol

Them saying anything won't help them play better. If anything, the extra pressure might have made them play worse.

You don't play well when you want, you play well when you can. And no kind of macho talk is going to change that. That's why I dislike all the bullshit talk about "oh, you better win or else...", or "the will to win", or "killer instinct" and shit like that. :lol

Those are just words that don't accomplish shit. What you have to do is just shut the fuck up and play. If you win, great. If you don't, try the next time. That's it. The rest it's just bullshit talk to fill web pages or have a moronic cafe chats with folks that take the frustrations of their mediocre lifes on more succesful guys.

Tbh.

So what you're saying is Masche and those guys are faggots full of shit? :lol

As a fan, after losing 3 finals, it's reassuring to hear they were fully aware of what was at stake. Especially, so there's no excuses now. Of course, that doesn't guarantee anything.

It was them saying that, Martino included. It wasn't some web pages bullshit. Of course you gotta go out there and perform, and back up what you said. And they didn't.

I don't necessarily disagree that there's a lot of BS in the pre-games, but maybe they need to take your advice and talk less and actually show up, stop being scared and play the fucking game.

They talked big game and played like scared pussies against, with all due respect, a very beatable Chile team.

And stop putting excuses for the lack of balls. We haven't scored a single goal in the last 4 finals we played and lost (Messi in all of them). At least 3 went to extra time.

It can happen once, twice, maybe three times... but not only we haven't scored, we've played scared as fuck. The "killer instinct" or "will to win" might be bullshit, but rebelling, stepping up to the challenge, competing and not having shrinking anuses in the big game has always been a sign of great teams. You can blame whoever you want, the coach, the players, whoever you want, but don't try to sell me this team didn't shrink when they needed to show up.

dfens
06-28-2016, 05:22 AM
to all my crying argentine niggas : at least you didn't lose to fucking iceland tbh .... see, even when you are down the god gives you a hand to cheer you up :lol

hater
06-28-2016, 06:13 AM
"don't cry for me Argentina the truth is Ill never leave you..." - Failure

urunobili
06-28-2016, 08:06 AM
I'm actually really sad myself. Most of it all for Messi. He is the one that finally brought class and meaning to the Argentinean NT and he's hold to a higher standard than the politicians in the country and a drug addict made legend... :depressed

DAF86
06-28-2016, 09:55 AM
So what you're saying is Masche and those guys are faggots full of shit? :lol

As a fan, after losing 3 finals, it's reassuring to hear they were fully aware of what was at stake. Especially, so there's no excuses now. Of course, that doesn't guarantee anything.

It was them saying that, Martino included. It wasn't some web pages bullshit. Of course you gotta go out there and perform, and back up what you said. And they didn't.

I don't necessarily disagree that there's a lot of BS in the pre-games, but maybe they need to take your advice and talk less and actually show up, stop being scared and play the fucking game.

They talked big game and played like scared pussies against, with all due respect, a very beatable Chile team.

And stop putting excuses for the lack of balls. We haven't scored a single goal in the last 4 finals we played and lost (Messi in all of them). At least 3 went to extra time.

It can happen once, twice, maybe three times... but not only we haven't scored, we've played scared as fuck. The "killer instinct" or "will to win" might be bullshit, but rebelling, stepping up to the challenge, competing and not having shrinking anuses in the big game has always been a sign of great teams. You can blame whoever you want, the coach, the players, whoever you want, but don't try to sell me this team didn't shrink when they needed to show up.

Who's trying to sell you anything about the team not coming up short? I'm just talking about the bullshit pre-game speeches. What did they win with that? Absoluetely nohing. That's all I'm saying. We haven't won shit in like 3 decades and we still talk a big game. Shut the fuck up, play the game and see if you can win something. That's it.

Same shit goes to the journalists and people that demand results sitting on a chair while working on their beer bellys. Shut the fuck up, nobody owns you shit. You wanna win something? Go win it yourself.