PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Barkley blames fattness on Rockets pay cut

Fabbs
06-29-2016, 12:17 AM
Barkleys cred has sunken to the bottom.

Charles Barkley claims he got fat after Rockets gave him paycut

NBA Hall of Famer Charles Barkley claims that he gained weight during his final season after the Houston Rockets gave him a paycut.

“The only year that I was fat was my last year in Houston, because they had promised me $12 million,” Barkley said during Ben Simmons’s Any Given Wednesday show. “When I showed up, the contract was only for $8 million. And I said, ‘What happened to my other $4 million?’ They said, ‘Well, we just decided to keep it.’ ”

“I was so pissed. What had happened was I took a paycut so we could sign Scottie Pippen,” Barkley said. “So they said, ‘We need you to take a paycut so we can sign Scottie.’ I said, ‘OK, I would love to play with Scottie.’ They said, ‘We’ll give you $12 million next year.’ So when I showed up the next year, they bring me a contract. I said, ‘This looks like an 8.’ They said, ‘Yeah, we're going to give you $8 million.’ I said, ‘What about the other $4 million?’ They’re like, ‘Well, we just changed our mind.’ So I wasn’t motivated.”

Barkley averaged 14.5 points and 10.5 rebounds that season as Houston failed to make the playoffs.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/charles-barkley-claims-he-got-fat-after-rockets-gave-him-paycut/ar-AAhJkkh

06-29-2016, 06:02 AM
:lol "Ben Simmons"

Clipper Nation
06-29-2016, 09:46 AM
:lol "Ben Simmons"
:lol Shows how irrelevant that faggot has become since stomping out of ESPN.

DMC
06-29-2016, 09:56 AM
:lol Shows how irrelevant that faggot has become since stomping out of ESPN.
Shows Barkley is too fucking mentally lazy to remember someone's name. He recalls the last Simmons he talked about and that's it. His IQ is nowhere near 100.

Caltex2
06-29-2016, 12:19 PM
He's living off his name alone. Even as a Hall of Famer, I don't know why anyone takes a word he says seriously. Let me study some stats and I can do just as good of a job as him in the TNT studio, maybe better.

HarlemHeat37
06-29-2016, 12:22 PM
He's living off his name alone. Even as a Hall of Famer, I don't know why anyone takes a word he says seriously. Let me study some stats and I can do just as good of a job as him in the TNT studio, maybe better.

I hate Barkley and think he's a horrible analyst, but he's not living off his name alone..he's entertaining and draws viewers, that's why he gets paid to be a mainstream analyst..

With few exceptions, mainstream analysts don't get paid for their knowledge, they get paid to draw viewers and generate buzz..Stephen A and Skip Bayless are 2 of the least knowledgeable people in the business, yet they have multi-million dollar salaries..that's the game..

Half the SpursTalk posters know more about the current NBA than the majority of mainstream analysts, but very few of us here could go on TV and entertain an audience:lol

Caltex2
06-29-2016, 12:26 PM
Please, Screamin' A. Smith's knowledge in every area except actually being an NBA player blows Barkley away. People just lose sight of that because he can be an obnoxious loudmouth. He's very intelligent and credible.

DMC
06-29-2016, 12:26 PM
When has Barkley ever used stats without looking down first? I'm pretty certain he never has prepped for a show.

SquawkinHawkBigCock
06-29-2016, 12:27 PM
I hate Barkley and think he's a horrible analyst, but he's not living off his name alone..he's entertaining and draws viewers, that's why he gets paid to be a mainstream analyst..

With few exceptions, mainstream analysts don't get paid for their knowledge, they get paid to draw viewers and generate buzz..Stephen A and Skip Bayless are 2 of the least knowledgeable people in the business, yet they have multi-million dollar salaries..that's the game..

Half the SpursTalk posters know more about the current NBA than the majority of mainstream analysts, but very few of us here could go on TV and entertain an audience:lol
Tbh....people like Skip Bayless and Charles Barkley get paid to be funny and entertain, which they do. People watch Chuck for things like when he destroys the Suns.. not for when he claims the Warriors would lose in 3/4 of the series they played in :lol.

And people watch Skip Bayless and SAS because they have funny back and forth, nothing more tbh...

You'd have to be a casual fan to watch these guys and actually expect poignant analysis...tbh :lol

Caltex2
06-29-2016, 12:31 PM
When has Barkley ever used stats without looking down first? I'm pretty certain he never has prepped for a show.

Yeah, well I would need to. I never played in the NBA.

djohn2oo8
06-29-2016, 01:47 PM
Barkley should have closed out on Stockton, maybe he would have had a ring. That was a terrible trade.

Caltex2
06-29-2016, 01:49 PM
Hard to close out on Stockton when you're getting bear-hugged by a giant ballet dancer (i.e. Karl Malone).

Kawhitstorm
06-29-2016, 01:49 PM
Yeah, well I would need to. I never played in the NBA.

Nor did Skip & SAS.:lol

Caltex2
06-29-2016, 01:51 PM
Nor did Skip & SAS.:lol

But they at least sound intelligent on air and they use stats. Barkley doesn't have either going for them.

Kawhitstorm
06-29-2016, 01:53 PM
Barkley should have closed out on Stockton, maybe he would have had a ring. That was a terrible trade.

Expecting the '97 Rockets to beat the Bulls.:lmao

06-29-2016, 01:58 PM
But they at least sound intelligent on air and they use stats. Barkley doesn't have either going for them.

:lmao

Caltex2
06-29-2016, 02:15 PM
Okay, maybe not Skip but Screamin' A. is intelligent, even if it gets lost in the mix because of how much talking he does.

apalisoc_9
06-29-2016, 02:28 PM
90s ball :lmao

DMC
06-29-2016, 08:25 PM
Neither Skip nor SAS are intelligent. They are actors.

Neurosis
06-30-2016, 02:52 AM

?

Steven A Smith and Skip Bayless sound intelligent to you?

?
?
?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????

Haha I get it now, you're a troll!

TheGreatYacht
06-30-2016, 02:59 AM
:lol yesterday's america
:lol today's America

Spurtacular
06-30-2016, 11:06 AM
Please, Screamin' A. Smith's knowledge in every area except actually being an NBA player blows Barkley away. People just lose sight of that because he can be an obnoxious loudmouth. He's very intelligent and credible.

Doesn't matter what SAS knows or doesn't know, cos he's probably the biggest dick rider out there, anyways.

Caltex2
06-30-2016, 01:55 PM
?

Steven A Smith and Skip Bayless sound intelligent to you?

?
?
?
?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????????????????

Haha I get it now, you're a troll!

The majority of the time, SAS is on the spot. He's just a loud, barbershop-bred brother from NYC. So he's loud and opinionated.

Clipper Nation
06-30-2016, 02:00 PM
Shows Barkley is too fucking mentally lazy to remember someone's name. He recalls the last Simmons he talked about and that's it. His IQ is nowhere near 100.
The reporter is the one who got Simmons' name wrong, not Chuck.

DMC
06-30-2016, 08:27 PM
The reporter is the one who got Simmons' name wrong, not Chuck.
It's all the same. We all know Charles just wings it on every show and it's presented as good TV. It's like watching a retard trying to perform surgery on a baboon and claiming just how honest the retard is.

Gummi Clutch
06-30-2016, 08:52 PM
Neither Skip nor SAS are intelligent. They are actors.
I hate the guy, but if you get paid millions for trolling Lebron (not even believing your own shit), its a good day for you.