PDA

View Full Version : KD to meet with OKC first, GS second, and Spurs on Saturday (7/2)

SpursBig3s
06-29-2016, 11:22 AM
I kinda like that we are after those 2. Miami to meet with KD after us

BillMc
06-29-2016, 11:23 AM
Thanks for the update. :toast It'll be interesting to read the rumors after every meeting leading up to us.

tonight...you
06-29-2016, 11:34 AM
Thanks for the update. :toast It'll be interesting to read the rumors after every meeting leading up to us.
Tom Servo 4 Prez! I'm such a MST3K junkie...
Great avi.

soxxx
06-29-2016, 11:59 AM
Durants probably leaving. At least okc will be gone next year. Once when he goes into the meetings with gs, sa, Miami he won't even remember okc.

BillMc
06-29-2016, 12:00 PM
Tom Servo 4 Prez! I'm such a MST3K junkie...
Great avi.

Thanks man. :toast Me too. Servo would get my vote for Prez over the present candidates. :lol

tonight...you
06-29-2016, 12:05 PM
Thanks man. :toast Me too. Servo would get my vote for Prez over the present candidates. :lol
At this point, I'd rather vote for the Mads than what's being served on our collective plates.
Shit, I'd vote for Pearl Forrester before them!

You watch any Rifftrax now?

tonight...you
06-29-2016, 12:06 PM
Durants probably leaving. At least okc will be gone next year. Once when he goes into the meetings with gs, sa, Miami he won't even remember okc.
Hard to really put a gauge on the situation. It makes so much sense (besides the injury risk) to simply do a 1+1 with OKC, but you never know.

BillMc
06-29-2016, 12:12 PM
You watch any Rifftrax now?

Occasionally, it's pretty funny but I prefer the classic MST3K, less PC times, and thus riskier humor. Great stuff though, then and now. I was laughing my butt off at MST3K riffing on "Mr. B. Natural" this morning as a matter of fact.

tonight...you
06-29-2016, 12:15 PM
Occasionally, it's pretty funny but I prefer the classic MST3K, less PC times, and thus riskier humor. Great stuff though, then and now. I was laughing my head off at MST3K riffing on "Mr. B. Natural" this morning as a matter of fact.
Yeah, that's the short preceding War of the Colossal Beast. A favorite. Very nice brother! I feel you on that front. My favorite episodes are actually from the very 1st season where they were just doing local in Minnesota.
Phase IV and the Gamera's being my faves from it.
Like I said, I'm a junkie. I literally have it on every day. God bless my wife's patience...

BillMc
06-29-2016, 12:20 PM
Yeah, that's the short preceding War of the Colossal Beast. A favorite. Very nice brother! I feel you on that front. My favorite episodes are actually from the very 1st season where they were just doing local in Minnesota.
Phase IV and the Gamera's being my faves from it.
Like I said, I'm a junkie. I literally have it on every day. God bless my wife's patience...

Cheers bro. Yeah, the Gamera ones are hilarious. :bobo One of my very favorite early skits (don't know if it was still in Minnesota, but it was very early) was when Servo hits on a blender. "Don't drink from the gal I love" or something to that effect.

tonight...you
06-29-2016, 12:23 PM
Cheers bro. Yeah, the Gamera ones are hilarious. :bobo One of my very favorite early skits (don't know if it was still in Minnesota, but it was very early) was when Servo hits on a blender. "Don't drink from the gal I love" or something to that effect.
It was from the first season. Hi, my name is Tom Servo... Oh, hello Mr. Coffee.

Spurs9
06-29-2016, 12:26 PM
I dont think hes leaving.

BillMc
06-29-2016, 12:27 PM
It was from the first season. Hi, my name is Tom Servo... Oh, hello Mr. Coffee.
:lol

Emperor
06-29-2016, 01:11 PM
He's probably gonna cancel all other meetings after meeting with OKC.

Sean Cagney
06-29-2016, 01:12 PM
I dont think hes leaving.......

BatManu20
06-29-2016, 01:13 PM
Less than 10% chance he ends up here imo but pretty cool that he respects Pop and Co. enough to take a meeting.

BatManu20
06-29-2016, 01:15 PM
Need to offer him free churros for life tbh. Sweeten the pot a bit.

NASpurs
06-29-2016, 01:17 PM

You know, I couldn't make it past a minute of the interview. :lol

baseline bum
06-29-2016, 01:17 PM
Occasionally, it's pretty funny but I prefer the classic MST3K, less PC times, and thus riskier humor. Great stuff though, then and now. I was laughing my butt off at MST3K riffing on "Mr. B. Natural" this morning as a matter of fact.

I gotta watch more of their shit. I was dying laughing watching Manos Hands of Fate.

NASpurs
06-29-2016, 01:18 PM
Damn you for editing your post BatManu. :lol

Vic Petro
06-29-2016, 01:24 PM
Are they trying to persuade KD to sign this offseason or are they doing what Riley/Miami did last year with LMA and trying to convince him to sign a 1+1 and re-enter free agency next summer, so they can execute a master plan?

BillMc
06-29-2016, 01:33 PM
I gotta watch more of their shit. I was dying laughing watching Manos Hands of Fate.

Manos is a classic. Try "The Violent Years" it's hilarious. Or any of the Gamera shows. Or "Teenagers from Outer Space".

Obi Juan Kenobi
06-29-2016, 01:34 PM

One of my favorite episodes!!!

TheGoldStandard
06-29-2016, 01:34 PM
Are they trying to persuade KD to sign this offseason or are they doing what Riley/Miami did last year with LMA and trying to convince him to sign a 1+1 and re-enter free agency next summer, so they can execute a master plan?

They're wasting their time.

apalisoc_9
06-29-2016, 01:35 PM
Would quit being a spursfan if this acne filled fag joins the spurs.

Obi Juan Kenobi
06-29-2016, 01:38 PM
Godzilla vs Megalon is another one of my favorite MST3K episodes...

coachmac87
06-29-2016, 01:39 PM

You're already not a "Spurs fan".

BillMc
06-29-2016, 01:39 PM
:toast

BillMc
06-29-2016, 01:42 PM

If you haven't seen "The Creeping Terror" you're missing out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq_Spa9PTyw

tonight...you
06-29-2016, 01:44 PM
Oh yeah, mine too! Today Seatopia, tomorrow Broadway!

baseline bum
06-29-2016, 01:50 PM

I'll have to check that shit. Thanks for the recommendation. :lol

tonight...you
06-29-2016, 01:52 PM
Also Rifftrax (Mike, Kevin and Bill) did a great live show riffing The House on Haunted Hill in Nashville that is pure goodness.
Check that one out too, should you get an inkling.

BillMc
06-29-2016, 02:07 PM

Also Rifftrax (Mike, Kevin and Bill) did a great live show riffing The House on Haunted Hill in Nashville that is pure goodness.
Check that one out too, should you get an inkling.

Gotta check that out. Thanks.

baseline bum
06-29-2016, 02:48 PM
LOL the Durant thread turns to MST 3000 talk. :lol

Not like the Spurs have any shot of landing his ass anyways.

SpursBig3s
06-29-2016, 03:27 PM

Oh no, we'll miss you so much

HarlemHeat37
06-29-2016, 03:28 PM
Please, stay in OKC:(

SpurPadre
06-29-2016, 03:32 PM
Come on guys, why would you think KD would want to play with a guy he believes is a system player in Leonard? He clearly has little respect for him. Not going to happen.

SpurPadre
06-29-2016, 03:34 PM

The Legend of Boggy Creek 2 is another great one I saw recently. Check that one out!

AFBlue
06-29-2016, 03:46 PM
WTF with this thread...ridiculous. I imagine this order feels about like what the chances are for each team who's meeting with him. OKC as the heavy favorites followed by the two title contenders immediately behind them. I trust Pop and crew to deliver a no-nonsense pitch that is very realistic about the future and Durant's fit.

Knowing Durant is making "a basketball decision" and that he has a similar personality to Aldridge (basketball is life, peripheral stuff like nightlife is of little importance), I think the Spurs have the best shot at him if he decides to bolt OKC. I fully expect the Spurs to be in the final two as the decision is being made.

look_at_g_shred
06-29-2016, 04:46 PM
Durant says no to meeting with Lakers :lmao

AFBlue
06-29-2016, 04:51 PM
Any news on who is delivering the pitch other than Pop and Duncan?

Keepin' it real
06-29-2016, 04:58 PM

Matt Bonner will be catering.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/spurs/sites/default/files/styles/main_gallery_photo__480_tall/public/legacy/photos/140407_bonner_heb1.jpg?itok=eAYQyS-O

BillMc
06-29-2016, 05:01 PM
LOL the Durant thread turns to MST 3000 talk. :lol.

Hey, its summer. And free agency and SL haven't started. All threads are fair game. :lol

The Legend of Boggy Creek 2 is another great one I saw recently. Check that one out!

Will do. Thanks!:toast

BillMc
06-29-2016, 05:04 PM
Durant says no to meeting with Lakers :lmao

Hell yeah! :toast Almost as good as Washington hiring Brooks just to woo Durant and they can't even get a meeting. :lmao Now they're stuck with Scotty...

tonight...you
06-29-2016, 05:06 PM
I loved that one! And the chicks in it are cute... the guy who directed/wrote/starred/cast-directed the flick had a serious narcissistic complex going on, if you pay attention.
Cast his son as the other guy in the flick, made himself out to be a billy-badass professor, had one hot chick semi-exposing herself to him more than once and the other hot chick was his "prized student"...

That guy was totally living his own dream through his movie.

tonight...you
06-29-2016, 05:08 PM
Matt Bonner will be catering.

http://i.cdn.turner.com/drp/nba/spurs/sites/default/files/styles/main_gallery_photo__480_tall/public/legacy/photos/140407_bonner_heb1.jpg?itok=eAYQyS-O
For some reason that made me think of Thundercloud Subs.
Good Gawd! I miss Thundercloud Subs!

I. Hustle
06-29-2016, 05:18 PM
For some reason that made me think of Thundercloud Subs.
Good Gawd! I miss Thundercloud Subs!

I used to go all the time for lunch when I was in high school in Austin. There were 2 in SA. One on San Pedro and one in Stone Oak. Not sure if either are still there.

rasuo214
06-29-2016, 05:48 PM

Pop should have Kawhi be the closer with his stack of wingstop coupons. Have him lay them on the table and have him say "These could be yours" and then just stand there expressionless.

Kindergarten Cop
06-29-2016, 05:51 PM
Pop should have Kawhi be the closer with his stack of wingstop coupons. Have him lay them on the table and have him say "These could be yours" and then just stand there expressionless.

We had WingStop for the first time last week while visiting SA - and I've got to admit that I wasn't all that impressed. :depressed

tonight...you
06-29-2016, 06:28 PM
I used to go all the time for lunch when I was in high school in Austin. There were 2 in SA. One on San Pedro and one in Stone Oak. Not sure if either are still there.
Ah man... living in El Paso, you learn to appreciate the cool shit CenTex has.
Besides trees, Thundercloud Subs is near the top of the list.

tonight...you
06-29-2016, 06:30 PM
We had WingStop for the first time last week while visiting SA - and I've got to admit that I wasn't all that impressed. :depressed
BW3's is better fo' sho.
Shoot, brother: I have to go to Albertson's to get some (not even) decent wings, if I'm not making them myself (which I usually do).

houston spurs fan
06-29-2016, 06:48 PM
He's not leaving OKC until maybe next year if Russ walks. This is all about setting the foundation for summer of 2017 imo....

AFMadison
06-29-2016, 10:05 PM
He's not leaving OKC until maybe next year if Russ walks. This is all about setting the foundation for summer of 2017 imo....
Yea, but KD has been pretty adamant about signing a long term contract, and at this point he won't sign long term with OKC because of WB hitting the market next year. I say he looks for a long term deal now rather than later. I got him signing with the Spurs tbh, gut feeling.

tonight...you
06-29-2016, 10:25 PM
Yea, but KD has been pretty adamant about signing a long term contract, and at this point he won't sign long term with OKC because of WB hitting the market next year. I say he looks for a long term deal now rather than later. I got him signing with the Spurs tbh, gut feeling.
From your keyboard to Naismith's ears.

I don't think any of them are thinking as deep as that, because... well I don't think any of them are thinking as deep as that.
But, you never know...

BatManu20
06-29-2016, 10:59 PM

Alright a little insider info: A friend of mine (who will remain nameless) is in NYC right now and she told me that she ran into David Robinson while at dinner at a restaurant called Ippudo about an hour ago. She said she spoke to him briefly (he was leaving when she got there) and she told him she was from SA and a huge Spurs fan, and asked him if he was there for the meeting with Durant on Saturday by chance (she's with her bf who's also a huge Spurs fan so he probably told her about the meeting), in which he responded with, "Yes ma'am, among other things." So it looks like D-Rob will also be sitting in on the meeting with KD. Believe me or don't, I'm just repeating what she said. Just texted me this a few minutes ago.

AFBlue
06-29-2016, 11:05 PM
Alright a little insider info: A friend of mine (who will remain nameless) is in NYC right now and she told me that she ran into David Robinson while at dinner at a restaurant called Ippudo about an hour ago. She said she spoke to him briefly (he was leaving when she got there) and she told him she was from SA and a huge Spurs fan, and asked him if he was there for the meeting with Durant on Saturday by chance (she's with her bf who's also a he Spurs fan so he probably told her about the meeting), in which he responded with, "Yes ma'am, among other things." So it looks like D-Rob will also be sitting in on the meeting with KD. Believe me or don't, I'm just repeating what she said. Just texted me this a few minutes ago.

I believe you...since the story didn't involve molasses at HEB. Thanks for the insight!

BatManu20
06-29-2016, 11:27 PM
I believe you...since the story didn't involve molasses at HEB. Thanks for the insight!

BillMc
06-30-2016, 12:21 AM
Alright a little insider info: A friend of mine (who will remain nameless) is in NYC right now and she told me that she ran into David Robinson while at dinner at a restaurant called Ippudo about an hour ago. She said she spoke to him briefly (he was leaving when she got there) and she told him she was from SA and a huge Spurs fan, and asked him if he was there for the meeting with Durant on Saturday by chance (she's with her bf who's also a huge Spurs fan so he probably told her about the meeting), in which he responded with, "Yes ma'am, among other things." So it looks like D-Rob will also be sitting in on the meeting with KD. Believe me or don't, I'm just repeating what she said. Just texted me this a few minutes ago.

Seems logical. Neither OKC nor GSW can pull out legends like Duncan and D-Rob to talk about Spurs culture and long-term winning ways.

AFMadison
06-30-2016, 12:25 AM
Nice thanks for sharing. Looks like they are going all in with the whole family thing. Awesome.

cjw
06-30-2016, 12:27 AM

Guarantee you The Admiral didn't have to wait 90 minutes for a table at that place like everyone else. Place is definitely worth it though.

BillMc
06-30-2016, 01:41 AM
More details on the schedule of meetings:

Durant's first meeting Friday morning in the Hamptons on Long Island will be with theGolden State Warriors (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/gs/golden-state-warriors) before meeting with the Los Angeles Clippers (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/lac/los-angeles-clippers) later in the day. On Saturday, he will meet with theSan Antonio Spurs (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/sa/san-antonio-spurs) and later theBoston Celtics (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/bos/boston-celtics).
Durant, the most coveted free agent on the market, will conclude his weekend meetings Sunday with the Miami Heat (http://espn.go.com/nba/team/_/name/mia/miami-heat).

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16613710/2016-nba-free-agency-kevin-durant-host-5-teams-hamptons

Thursday: Thunder (in Oklahoma City)
Friday: Warriors, Clippers
Saturday: Spurs, Celtics
Sunday: Heat

SAGirl
06-30-2016, 02:18 AM
Is this the thread we are pushing to at least 100 in 3 days?

Spurtacular
06-30-2016, 02:25 AM
I'm fine with whatever happens, tbh. I know the Spurs can win either way.

hooperflash
06-30-2016, 02:36 AM
I'm fine with whatever happens, tbh. I know the Spurs can win either way.

That was my realization a few days ago. It won't be the end of the world if he doesn't sign with us.

Obi Juan Kenobi
06-30-2016, 02:39 AM
As many posters have already mentioned...its looking like Durant may most likely take the one year deal with whoever he signs with in order to maximize a long term deal in 2017 under the expanded cap...we may see this all over again this time next year...

DenialTwist
06-30-2016, 03:03 AM
If KD goes to the Warriors, the NBA will be hard to watch. They will win 78 games and it will be all blowouts. No competition at all. Boring.

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-30-2016, 03:07 AM
If KD goes to the Warriors, the NBA will be hard to watch. They will win 78 games and it will be all blowouts. No competition at all. Boring.

Unless he signs with them for the min he'd cost them Barnes, Ezeli, Speights, Barbosa and one of Livingston/Bogut/Iguodala.

Holden_Caulfield
06-30-2016, 03:09 AM
people actually believe we have a shot? :lmao

siraulo23
06-30-2016, 03:13 AM
Unless he signs with them for the min he'd cost them Barnes, Ezeli, Speights, Barbosa and one of Livingston/Bogut/Iguodala.

they would still run away with the #1 seed and win the 'ship without those role players

siraulo23
06-30-2016, 03:16 AM

its okc ---------------------------------------> gsw ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->spurs

they have a shot but its very unlikely

BillMc
06-30-2016, 03:24 AM
Is this the thread we are pushing to at least 100 in 3 days?

Still no match for the Jimmer thread, tbh. :lol

Jdspur20
06-30-2016, 05:54 AM

Yes,
As well as Final Justice, the Final Sacrifice and Time chasers

Spurtacular
06-30-2016, 05:58 AM
That was my realization a few days ago. It won't be the end of the world if he doesn't sign with us.

Yea. On the other hand, Durant with Kawhi/LMA would have to make us instant favorites though.

cascaders
06-30-2016, 07:21 AM
welcome to san antonio kd

AFBlue
06-30-2016, 07:26 AM

Better shot than the 24 teams that didn't even get a meeting, and probably a better shot than half the teams that did.

Spurtacular
06-30-2016, 07:48 AM
Still no match for the Jimmer thread, tbh. :lol

Never should've been locked, tbh.

But the fun did not fully end:

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258230

BillMc
06-30-2016, 10:50 AM
Kate Fagan role-plays Pop talking talking to KD in Saturday's meeting:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:16642788

AFMadison
06-30-2016, 10:59 AM
Thunder going after Horford. Not sure why really...

peacemaker885
06-30-2016, 11:15 AM
I think its more of the FO has to meet with KD. There's no chance right now but you don't want to burn bridges for down the road.

HarlemHeat37
06-30-2016, 04:03 PM
Marc Stein just said he's predicting Durant ends up in Golden State..he's usually informed..

I'd still be very surprised if he doesn't stay in OKC..

spurs1990
06-30-2016, 04:13 PM
Marc Stein just said he's predicting Durant ends up in Golden State..he's usually informed..

Bright side to that will be only have to go through GS to get to June.

Get the 2nd seed and play Clips in the semis. I'll take it for now.

BillMc
06-30-2016, 04:18 PM

Bright side to that will be only have to go through GS to get to June.

Get the 2nd seed and play Clips in the semis. I'll take it for now.

And it will cost them all their depth. One injury and they'll be worse than last year. As will OKC. It could be worse from a Spurs perspective. We probably have a 50/50 chance to punch through to the Finals sometime in the next 3 years.

Ed Helicopter Jones
06-30-2016, 04:23 PM
Kate Fagan role-plays Pop talking talking to KD in Saturday's meeting:
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:16642788

That was ok. I can't see Pop saying "it's all about the hoop." But I get her point. If it's me in Pop's shoes I'm just reminding Kevin that at the end of the day there's only one basketball and the Spurs need a shooter of his caliber way more than GSW does.

I will be absolutely shocked if KD goes anywhere. I'm not sold that he needs to come here for the Spurs to be successful, but I do believe Kawhi would be more effective in his role if he's not our primary option on offense. He doesn't have to be the focal point when the Spurs play 'the beautiful game', and that's when they're at their offensive best. Running a bunch of ISOs for him and LMA kill our offense. A shooter like KD would drastically change the team's dynamic on that side of the ball.

siraulo23
06-30-2016, 04:26 PM
And it will cost them all their depth. One injury and they'll be worse than last year. As will OKC. It could be worse from a Spurs perspective. We probably have a 50/50 chance to punch through to the Finals sometime in the next 3 years.

its kinda hard to beat a 73-9 record :lol

but they'll be better and most likely win the ship with durant

dabom
06-30-2016, 04:41 PM

Marc Stein is part of the ESPN bullshit dribble. He is a GSW homer.

tonight...you
06-30-2016, 04:43 PM
Marc Stein is part of the ESPN bullshit dribble. He is a GSW homer.
I thought he was a Mavs homer. Isn't he besties with Cuban and works out of Dallas?

dabom
06-30-2016, 04:51 PM
I thought he was a Mavs homer. Isn't he besties with Cuban and works out of Dallas?

I remember him covering GSW a lot and making lots of articles slurping them. He probably does too but if its between GSW and Spurs, he gonna slurp that for sure.

SD126
07-01-2016, 05:07 AM
Hard to really put a gauge on the situation. It makes so much sense (besides the injury risk) to simply do a 1+1 with OKC, but you never know.

This is the most likely thing to happen

Chillen
07-01-2016, 06:17 AM
Durant probably will choose the Warriors or Thunder, but if he goes to the Warriors they will lose depth. Durant also has a history of in the playoffs choking, missing shots. Warriors will be the faves for the championship if they sign him, but I don't think unbeatable. This sort of helps the Spurs in a way if he goes to GS, because the Thunder may not make the playoffs, and Spurs would just have to deal with the Clippers to get to the Warriors.

So if Durant falls through, Spurs need to sign Pau Gasol (assuming Duncan retires) and see if Dwayne Wade was serious, lol.