AlexJones
06-29-2016, 11:11 PM

Doesn't get any better than this folks

Chris
06-29-2016, 11:12 PM
18/per? lmao Knicks

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2016, 11:15 PM
why does the knicks keep on trading with chicago for their horseshit....

Fabbs
06-29-2016, 11:17 PM
how many years?

AlexJones
06-29-2016, 11:18 PM
$18 per year. Lmao

HarlemHeat37
06-29-2016, 11:51 PM
Very predictable signing, tbh..so Knicks:lol

The new Brooklyn Nets..

Chillen
06-30-2016, 12:34 AM
So the Knicks have just raided the Bulls wardrobe basically. Ladies and gentleman your New York Bulls.

cjw
06-30-2016, 12:42 AM
You mean they raided the Bulls box of clothes that is being sent to Goodwill but paid a ton of money for it.

Chris
06-30-2016, 12:58 AM
You mean they raided the Bulls box of clothes that is being sent to Goodwill but paid a ton of money for it.

:lol

JamStone
06-30-2016, 02:03 AM
A max player with the projected $94 million cap with the NBA experience Noah has would be eligible for a starting salary of $28 million. When it jumps the next year to $107+ million, it goes to $32 million first year salary.

Be prepared for many more mind boggling contract offers to average, adequate, unimpressive players. Players with injury histories. Players on a steep decline. Players who just a few years ago might be looking at the MLE getting offers for $15 million a year. That's what the salary cap explosion will do. Most of the team's will have shitloads of cash to spend. And I believe the salary floor is something like 90% anyway. So teams will spend the money. And players some of you won't believe are worth two plugged nickels will be getting deals that a few years ago were reserved for franchise type stars.

$18 million starting salary to Noah sadly falls in line with what's going to be happening a lot with teams and mediocre free agents.

Mikeanaro
06-30-2016, 02:26 AM
why does the knicks keep on trading with chicago for their horseshit....
Because its not horseshit... its bullshit.

Sean Cagney
06-30-2016, 02:29 AM
Knicks.......... The joke of the fucking league.

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2016, 03:01 AM
just because teh cap goes up and starting salary for players goes up, doesnt mean u negotiate at that starting salary...noway this clown is worth 28m,let alone 18m per season, thats like franchise player starting salary

DJR210
06-30-2016, 03:06 AM
:lmao isn't Phil supposed to be saving the Knicks?

Stalin
06-30-2016, 04:12 AM
:lol Today's NBA.

ambchang
06-30-2016, 06:09 AM
With the cap the way it is, it speaks to how stupid the fans are.

Chillen
06-30-2016, 06:21 AM
Assuming Noah and Rose can have a healthy season with the Knicks, the Knicks could be a top 4 team in the East. Can they beat Cleveland?, nope.

Chinook
06-30-2016, 07:21 AM
With the cap the way it is, it speaks to how stupid the fans are.

Pretty much. Noah's deal in 2015 bucks would be less than $14 Million. If you look at it in 2017 bucks, it would have been even cheaper.

It's not a risk-free contract by any means, but Noah has a chance to be worth it. It's like the equivalent to Tyson Chandler's contract.

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 07:22 AM
just because teh cap goes up and starting salary for players goes up, doesnt mean u negotiate at that starting salary...noway this clown is worth 28m,let alone 18m per season, thats like franchise player starting salary

I hear what Jam is saying ...but these owners need to stop the madness.

baseline bum
06-30-2016, 07:29 AM
I hear what Jam is saying ...but these owners need to stop the madness.

NBA revenues are way way up from the TV deal and players get a fixed percentage of the basketball revenue. So salaries have to go way up too. I don't understand why you call it madness.

baseline bum
06-30-2016, 07:34 AM
But WTF are the Knicks thinking? $18 million a year average over four years isn'r bad for someone like Noah (hell Bazemore will probably get a similar deal), but the Rose trade only made sense so they could use him as a placeholder for 2017 capspace when you have guys like LeBron, Westbrook, Blake, Curry, Paul, and Durant coming up for free agency. NY should be trying to do what Miami pulled off in 2010 when they traded for a similar faded star (Jermaine O'Neal) to act as a cap placeholder to give them room to sign two max players.

JamStone
06-30-2016, 07:47 AM

Who said they started at $28 million?

You do know that $18 million is less than $28 million, right?

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 07:55 AM
NBA revenues are way way up from the TV deal and players get a fixed percentage of the basketball revenue. So salaries have to go way up too. I don't understand why you call it madness.

So you pay the guys that are worth it, not guys on the decline and coming off major injuries.
I keep going back to matthews. We all saw how broke down Kobe was post achilles ...
yet Cubes gave 70 million to a guy fresh off a rupture?!
Just because you have to pay SOMEONE ... doesnt mean you have to pay the wrong someones.

I would rather risk paying that on biyombo or Whiteside then a guy he is close to done ...

...but I will admit Noah and Matthews are hard working chemistry type guys.
I just wouldnt pay $70 and $ 100 million for that ..

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-30-2016, 08:05 AM
So you pay the guys that are worth it, not guys on the decline and coming off major injuries.
I keep going back to matthews. We all saw how broke down Kobe was post achilles ...
yet Cubes gave 70 million to a guy fresh off a rupture?!
Just because you have to pay SOMEONE ... doesnt mean you have to pay the wrong someones.

I would rather risk paying that on biyombo or Whiteside then a guy he is close to done ...

...but I will admit Noah and Matthews are hard working chemistry type guys.
I just wouldnt pay $70 and $ 100 million for that ..

Look at the FAs list and remove the players that deserve to get paid. This leaves a hell of a lot of teams who'd have struck out in free agency with a lot of money available if only to approach the salary floor. Ridiculous money will be paid to players who don't half deserve it. It's a great time to be a FA. Watch the likes of Deng and Marvin Williams get deals approaching 20 mil per...

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 08:09 AM
Look at the FAs list and remove the players that deserve to get paid. This leaves a hell of a lot of teams who'd have struck out in free agency with a lot of money available if only to approach the salary floor. Ridiculous money will be paid to players who don't half deserve it. It's a great time to be a FA. Watch the likes of Deng and Marvin Williams get deals approaching 20 mil per...

If you dont hit the floor what do they do ...fine you?
Fine me. If its less than the millions i have to overspend i still come out ahead ...

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 08:14 AM

From Business Insider (circa 2013-2014)

The 'punishment' for missing the minimum salary threshold is merely that you get charged up to the amount of it anyway. That's it. The excess is divided up amongst the players on the roster at a percentage determined by the NBA Player's Association, and that's all that happens. That's not a punishment at all. That's not even really a penalty. And thus, going over it for the sake of going over it would be meaningless.

They were talking about sixers in 2013-2014 ...

BG_Spurs_Fan
06-30-2016, 08:19 AM
From Business Insider (circa 2013-2014)

The 'punishment' for missing the minimum salary threshold is merely that you get charged up to the amount of it anyway. That's it. The excess is divided up amongst the players on the roster at a percentage determined by the NBA Player's Association, and that's all that happens. That's not a punishment at all. That's not even really a penalty. And thus, going over it for the sake of going over it would be meaningless.

They were talking about sixers in 2013-2014 ...

This is true, of course, but teams have rarely stayed under the floor just for the sake of not overpaying and I don't expect them to do it now, although there might be a lot of teams entering the season below the floor and looking for trades. I imagine staying under the floor on purpose would also alienate agents and other owners.

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2016, 08:25 AM
Why are people acting surprised? Are you guys not aware the cap has raised and talent pool is dry?:lol

Noah at $18 million is going to be the norm now.

Kent Bazemore who a couple of years ago was playing for NBDL is now commanding $16 mil per

Nic Batum $18-$20 mil per

Horford starting at $24 mil per

Parsons at $20 mil per

and Dwight at $28 mil per

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 08:44 AM
Why are people acting surprised? Are you guys not aware the cap has raised and talent pool is dry?:lol

Kent Bazemore who a couple of years ago was playing for NBDL is now commanding $16 mil per

Parsons at $20 mil per

Not surprised, disgusted.
Why have a lockout if the end is still overpriced players?
I hope every player squeezes these freaking owners ...
You cap James but let these clowns make lebron level salary?!
James should get 300 million then

TDMVPDPOY
06-30-2016, 08:56 AM
this is the same fkn team that gave jerome james a max mle deal...lmao

the same team who gave allan houston a 100m contract when he was inferior to spree or ewing at the time

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2016, 09:08 AM
Not surprised, disgusted.
Why have a lockoutvif end is still overpriced players?
I hope every player squeezes these freaking owners ...
You cap James but let these clowns make lebron level salary?!
James should get 300 million then

Its an agreement between the league, it's owners, the players and its union. The payrolls are the result of a lucrative television deal and the owners, unwillingly are mandated to share this revenue (BRI). You can be sure though the split is not going to be as favorable when the league heads towards another lockout when the true stars of the game pushes for the end of max contracts.

Splits
06-30-2016, 09:11 AM

Parsons at $20 mil per

:lol Lakerfan pre-semen shielding for what's about to be their calamitous free agency

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 09:24 AM
:lol Lakerfan pre-semen shielding for what's about to be their calamitous free agency

Honor is not a Lakerfan ...

And what does players being overpriced have to do with the Lakers woes? Lakers would be glad to overpay. The fact the FA class sucks does not change the fact that the Lakers want to sign players and may still fail. Even if they do sign Whiteside, DD or any of the top 10 it doesnt mean they did not overpay.

Point being you can laugh at the Lakers either way. If they sign Whiteside to a big deal you can ridicule us paying a dleague caliber player franchise money.If we swing and miss it's how the mighty have fallen ...

how convenient for you btw ...

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2016, 09:28 AM

And what does players being overpriced have to do with the Lakers woes? Lakers would be glad to overpay. The fact the FA class sucks does not change the fact that the Lakers want to sign players and may still fail. Even if they do sign Whiteside, DD or any of the top 10 it doesnt mean they did not overpay.

Point being you can laugh at the Lakers either way. If they sign Whiteside to a big deal you can ridicule us paying a dleague caliber player franchise money.If we swing and miss it's how the mighty have fallen ...

He's a troll, don't mind him.

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 09:34 AM
Its an agreement between the league, it's owners, the players and its union. The payrolls are the result of a lucrative television deal and the owners, unwillingly are mandated to share this revenue (BRI). You can be sure though the split is not going to be as favorable when the league heads towards another lockout when the true stars of the game pushes for the end of max contracts.

The crazy thing is the owners cant help themselves. A no max for the biggest stars would be fair for people like James. But with no max before long players like ...Paul George (poor man's Lebron) are making the same. My only issue is non stars getting star money. Lebron, Kiwi, Durant, Steph can make as much as owners are willing to pay.

Splits
06-30-2016, 09:46 AM

:lmao good one

Yup. That's what happens when your franchise player cares only about his own bankroll and image and leaves your team in shambles.

Kobe = W
Duncan = Obama

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 10:02 AM
:lmao good one

Yup. That's what happens when your franchise player cares only about his own bankroll and image and leaves your team in shambles.

Kobe = W
Duncan = Obama

:lol Ok now that was funny ...
You still an asshole though ...:ihit

SquawkinHawkBigCock
06-30-2016, 10:26 AM
:lol Today's NBA.
Today's NBA :lmao

baseline bum
06-30-2016, 10:33 AM
Why have a lockout if the end is still overpriced players?

Because that lockout netted the owners a much larger percentage of basketball revenues than they had before. They made out like bandits. The players' share of revenues dropped from 57% to something like 49-51%.

baseline bum
06-30-2016, 10:43 AM

How many true stars are there? Players would be voting against their self interests if they fought to abolish the maximum salary. The maximum salary sucks for franchise players, but it greatly increases the money available to pay players ranging from rotation player to lower level allstar, which is most of the league. It means anyone good enough to get on the floor in the NBA is going to make really serious money. Why would the rank and file NBA players vote to abolish that gravy train?

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 10:43 AM
Because that lockout netted the owners a much larger percentage of basketball revenues than they had before. They made out like bandits. The players' share of revenues dropped from 57% to something like 49-51%.

Ok that makes sense business wise of course ...
Paying Noah what was reported does not ...

baseline bum
06-30-2016, 10:49 AM
Ok that makes sense business wise of course ...
Paying Noah what was reported does not ...

Also the players pay a percentage of each check into an escrow fund. If the players' share of revenue ever goes above the 51% or so of basketball related income, whatever share of that escrow fund brings it down to 51% gets divided among the owners, with the rest going back to the players.

K...
06-30-2016, 11:27 AM
And the players union was corrupt too at the time.

They tried to cap smooth, but the players union refused to negotiate any solution other than what we see now,, big contracts and guys like kawhi getting a poor max. I would have preferred the whole league just bump up all contracts to prevent unjust enrichment. But I see the player's side's point in demanding all due $$ to To paid. They don't trust ownership to be fair.

The lockout is going to be fought over redefining the definitions of earnings to increase the size of the whole profits pie and prevent ownership from exemptions on side businesses related to the nba like stadium deals and such

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 11:38 AM
And the players union was corrupt too at the time.

They tried to cap smooth, but the players union refused to negotiate any solution other than what we see now,, big contracts and guys like kawhi getting a poor max. I would have preferred the whole league just bump up all contracts to prevent unjust enrichment. But I see the player's side's point in demanding all due $$ to To paid. They don't trust ownership to be fair.

The lockout is going to be fought over redefining the definitions of earnings to increase the size of the whole profits pie and prevent ownership from exemptions on side businesses related to the nba like stadium deals and such

One thing is kiwi gave you guys a great deal ...
Even if he hadnt taken a additional leap lessor players are gonna make what he makes ...Spurs win.

baseline bum
06-30-2016, 11:41 AM
One thing is kiwi gave you guys a great deal ...
Even if he hadnt taken a additional leap lessor players are gonna make what he makes ...Spurs win.

Kawhi got the maximum he could get I think. Yeah it's an enormous bargain but he didn't take any kind of paycut (nor should he have).

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 11:52 AM
Kawhi got the maximum he could get I think. Yeah it's an enormous bargain but he didn't take any kind of paycut (nor should he have).

He could have went the one year route. He chose to sign for the max longterm. On a year deal especially making all nba 1st team doesnt he qualify for much bigger max ...like Rose got his mvp year?

StrengthAndHonor
06-30-2016, 12:04 PM
How many true stars are there? Players would be voting against their self interests if they fought to abolish the maximum salary. The maximum salary sucks for franchise players, but it greatly increases the money available to pay players ranging from rotation player to lower level allstar, which is most of the league. It means anyone good enough to get on the floor in the NBA is going to make really serious money. Why would the rank and file NBA players vote to abolish that gravy train?

At some point, it has to come down, this current model is not working out and the fans are getting the short end of the stick here, paying a ridiculous amount of money to see garbage products on the floor. The next CBA will be interesting for sure and the issue of max contracts is likely to be a huge sticking point. Lebron and Chris Paul pushed for it and I support the idea of the true stars of the game getting the monetary value they deserve.

K...
06-30-2016, 12:17 PM
At some point, it has to come down, this current model is not working out and the fans are getting the short end of the stick here, paying a ridiculous amount of money to see garbage products on the floor. The next CBA will be interesting for sure and the issue of max contracts is likely to be a huge sticking point. Lebron and Chris Paul pushed for it and I support the idea of the true stars of the game getting the monetary value they deserve.

How the fuck does playing players less increase the quality?

Who are these great athletes who said " I can't play nba because they pay too much"?

Killakobe81
06-30-2016, 12:23 PM

That is all I am saying.
in another article, cubes said he is open to that if Players would accept non garunsheed deals ...but I doubt the players will give that up. but I agree the current model is flawed.

Any deal that has guys like barnes/Parsons as max or near max is very flawed.

baseline bum
06-30-2016, 12:27 PM
That is all I am saying.
in another article, cubes said he is open to that if Players would accept non garunsheed deals ...but I doubt the players will give that up. but I agree the current model is flawed.

Any deal that has guys like barnes/Parsons as max or near max is very flawed.

Fuck non-guaranteed deals. What a load of crap to only have contracts count one way.

HarlemHeat37
06-30-2016, 03:50 PM
Noah < Robin Lopez, tbh..

Down Under
06-30-2016, 04:51 PM
Hopefully this is the nail in the coffin for Phil Jackson. Doesn't deserve the legacy he has had and struggled to adapt to modern game.