PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: Jordan Clarkson re-signs with Lakers. 4/50 million.

midnightpulp
07-01-2016, 07:14 AM
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/7/1/12077474/nba-free-agency-rumors-jordan-clarkson-la-lakers-restricted

Mitch did something not retarded. Good value.

Raven
07-01-2016, 07:15 AM
awful value :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

RsxPiimp
07-01-2016, 07:18 AM
Wtf, didn't he receive any offer somewhere else? He's basically getting paid for $5 mil a season with projected raise, must be a PO after his 2nd.

midnightpulp
07-01-2016, 07:25 AM

When players like Bradley Beal are getting 22 mil per year, I think Clarkson at 12.5 mil per is a good value.

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 07:35 AM
When players like Bradley Beal are getting 22 mil per year, I think Clarkson at 12.5 mil per is a good value.

It is. He basically is middle class man's Derozen ... but younger.
DD got paid more than double that.
Raven just likes to hate.
Not sure why he wouldnt be laughing more at Mozgof.

Not sure why we couldnt have Timofey at 54 million ...maybe his agent pushed for the 64 since we have a team option on the 4th year ... so it's really 48 over 3 ...

LkrFan
07-01-2016, 07:50 AM

Not sure why we couldnt have Timofey at 54 million ...maybe his agent pushed for the 64 since we have a team option on the 4th year ... so it's really 48 over 3 ...

Yeah, the 4th year being a team option makes this deal a little less shitty. That being said, Mozgov won't get in the way of our main purpose these next few years: development of the kids. He won't command touches, he'll rebound, he'll block shots, he'll set picks. Frankly, $16M per isn't that bad given today's NBA salaries that are being doled out. And for better or for worse, big men usually get paid.

Mozgov doesn't have a lot of wear and tear either. He's 30, but I doubt he has a lot of mileage on him.

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 07:55 AM
Yeah, the 4th year being a team option makes this deal a little less shitty. That being said, Mozgov won't get in the way of our main purpose these next few years: development of the kids. He won't command touches, he'll rebound, he'll block shots, he'll set picks. Frankly, $16M per isn't that bad given today's NBA salaries that are being doled out. And for better or for worse, big men usually get paid.

Mozgov doesn't have a lot of wear and tear either. He's 30, but I doubt he has a lot of mileage on him.

Dont get me wrong I dont love it. I agree it's less shitty.
It's definitely NOT sexy ...
But it's not as bad as some say either

StrengthAndHonor
07-01-2016, 07:58 AM
I thought it's awful. $16.5 on a player with bum knees and couldn't even get a playing time on a team that needed a center. Lakers will regret this hand out, mid season.

LkrFan
07-01-2016, 08:04 AM
I thought it's awful. $16.5 on a player with bum knees and couldn't even get a playing time on a team that needed a center. Lakers will regret this hand out, mid season.

Not a bum knee. He had a cyst, no structure damage. He came back too soon from surgery:

“He had a cyst in his knee that they removed,” Windhorst added in detail to the summer surgery. “The removing of the cyst didn’t completely heal the issue and there’s the possibility that he may need another surgery.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland/post/_/id/1236/timofey-mozgov-had-unsuccessful-knee-surgery-last-summer-and-his-rehab-was-handled-improperly

LkrFan
07-01-2016, 08:05 AM
Dont get me wrong I dont love it. I agree it's less shitty.
It's definitely NOT sexy ...

Agreed. :tu

Raven
07-01-2016, 08:05 AM

pretty sure you can get many guys from europe on under 2M contracts that can do the job just as well as clarkson can.

LkrFan
07-01-2016, 08:06 AM
pretty sure you can get many guys from europe on under 2M contracts that can do the job just as well as clarkson can.

:lol

StrengthAndHonor
07-01-2016, 08:06 AM
Not a bum knee. He had a cyst, no structure damage. He came back too soon:

“He had a cyst in his knee that they removed,” Windhorst added in detail to the summer surgery. “The removing of the cyst didn’t completely heal the issue and there’s the possibility that he may need another surgery.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/cleveland/post/_/id/1236/timofey-mozgov-had-unsuccessful-knee-surgery-last-summer-and-his-rehab-was-handled-improperly

I don't know man, this should be a last resort option for the Lakers. He's on the wrong side of 30 tbh.

LkrFan
07-01-2016, 08:10 AM
I don't know man, this should be a last resort option for the Lakers. He's on the wrong side of 30 tbh.

Nah, not really. He hasn't played that much the last few years. Plus 30 isn't old for a big man. He's still in his prime.

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 08:12 AM

That is what is puzzling.
He was our 1st call.
I get we knew whiteside was staying.

StrengthAndHonor
07-01-2016, 08:17 AM
That is what is puzzling.
He was our 1st call.
I get we knew whiteside
Were Biyombo and Ezeli options? At the very least, I was thinking Ezeli since he has ties with Luke. I guess they really want a big body that can do a lot dirty work. It's just a head scratcher since I thought Luke Walton was going for an uptempo theme.

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 08:21 AM
Were Biyombo and Ezeli options? At the very least, I was thinking Ezeli since he has ties with Luke. I guess they really want a big body that can do a lot dirty work. It's just a head scratcher since I thought Luke Walton was going for an uptempo theme.

I dont want either guy if it's approaching max tbh.
S&H you the coolest Clips fan I sorta know ... but really how much are those guys an upgrade over Mozgof (if he is healthy?) especially if they get max or near max.
Fezeli was shitty down the stretch in the WCF and finals ...Biyombo is even more limited offensively than Festus.

Ill be mad if either sign for close to Mozgof though ... but I doubt it.

midnightpulp
07-01-2016, 08:21 AM

Mozgov has good pick-and-roll stats, so Luke, Kupcake, and Jimbo probably convinced themselves he was the right fit since it's a "pick-and-roll league" now.

The fact they failed to consider is that Mozgov was playing with Lebron James.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2016, 08:26 AM
Jonathon Simmons > Clarkson, tbh

TrainOfThought5
07-01-2016, 08:30 AM

Clarkson can play point though.

TheGreatYacht
07-01-2016, 08:31 AM
Clarkson can play point though.
Just as good as Simmons? Agreed.

StrengthAndHonor
07-01-2016, 08:32 AM
Mozgov has good pick-and-roll stats, so Luke, Kupcake, and Jimbo probably convinced themselves he was the right fit since it's a "pick-and-roll league" now.

The fact they failed to consider is that Mozgov was playing with Lebron James.
Best case scenario is D'Angelo develops as the point guard hey envision.

StrengthAndHonor
07-01-2016, 08:35 AM
I dont want either guy if it's approaching max tbh.
S&H you the coolest Clips fan I sorta know ... but really how much are those guys an upgrade over Mozgof (if he is healthy?) especially if they get max or near max.
Fezeli was shitty down the stretch in the WCF and finals ...Biyombo is even more limited offensively than Festus.

Ill be mad if either sign for close to Mozgof though ... but I doubt it.

I see your point, I just think the combination of his age, health and contract, Mozgov will be difficult to use as a trade piece should the opportunity arise.

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 08:51 AM
I see your point, I just think the combination of his age, health and contract, Mozgov will be difficult to use as a trade piece should the opportunity arise.

You say that but here are two things that remain true ... even in the modern NBA.

Size still matters (look at the WCF and Finals)
Size ages better than speed quickness
Because there is always a team in need to clear cap space ...even deals like Mozgof's are very tradeable.
It's not a max, the team controls the 4th year.
So No it's not a good trade chip this year post ASB or even next one ... but in year 3 by the ASB it's a 16 million expiring cap chip that the Lakers have already paid 75% on and if helps a new team then you can choose to give him the 4th year.

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 08:54 AM
My biggest issue is we should have signed him for 10-12 million less.
If it was 54 Million ... it would be fair deal for both sides ...cuz we werent gonna get him for less than that ...
My question is would ANYONE else pay him 64 even if only 3 years are garunsheed?

Splits
07-01-2016, 08:57 AM
No brainer.

His defense sucks donkey dicks but that can be taught if the team ever hires an actual coach.

DPG21920
07-01-2016, 09:19 AM
I'm shocked at this number honestly, but smart for LA. They need talent, he's young and talented and a deal that was 8M less than the max he could receive? Very smart.

If (and it's a big if) Russell is a player & Clarkson can grow more, that is a good backcourt on reasonable deals for next few years.

Raven
07-01-2016, 09:21 AM
You say that but here are two things that remain true ... even in the modern NBA.

Size still matters (look at the WCF and Finals)
Size ages better than speed quickness
Because there is always a team in need to clear cap space ...even deals like Mozgof's are very tradeable.
It's not a max, the team controls the 4th year.
So No it's not a good trade chip this year post ASB or even next one ... but in year 3 by the ASB it's a 16 million expiring cap chip that the Lakers have already paid 75% on and if helps a new team then you can choose to give him the 4th year.

that one has been false from the day the cba was approved. I keep telling you, but..

Clipper Nation
07-01-2016, 09:24 AM
:lol $50 million for a fluke chucker

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 09:28 AM
that one has been false from the day the cba was approved. I keep telling you, but..

We will see.
What is the issue is that most teams want the expirings for themselves.
If the Lakers value a trade over the expiring I do believe it is tradeable.
The problem is most teams with the expiring contracts what the space for themselves.
Also right now a lot of teams have space that may not be the case in 3 years when the cap flattens out.

spurraider21
07-01-2016, 10:11 AM
Good deal for LAL

poeticism707
07-01-2016, 10:25 AM

Agree.

Good re signing.

And a cheap deal,

all things considered.

Tully365
07-01-2016, 11:46 AM
A lotta spin going on in this thread... Was any Laker fan sitting around yesterday thinking, "please God please, let the Lakers sign Mozgov and Clarkson on the first day of free agency!"

Raven
07-01-2016, 11:51 AM
Good deal for LAL

considering they spent half of last year trying to prove that his max was about 5M per year...

Raven
07-01-2016, 11:53 AM

a lot more potential too.

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 01:17 PM
A lotta spin going on in this thread... Was any Laker fan sitting around yesterday thinking, "please God please, let the Lakers sign Mozgov and Clarkson on the first day of free agency!"

hell no to Mozgof ... who saw that coming?
but yes wanted to keep Clakson, especially over signing DD or Batum to max deals ...

FO did not agree though ...

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 01:18 PM

Sure he does.
Just like Kyle Anderon does ...right?

Raven
07-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Sure he does.
Just like Kyle Anderon does ...right?
well, yes.

whitemamba
07-01-2016, 05:52 PM
Good price tbh. Clarkson lookin jacked in the offseason.

Jzone
07-01-2016, 06:13 PM
Good signing, I like Clarkson. The Mosgov deal was pure trash though.

td4mvp2k
07-01-2016, 07:25 PM

agree and a lot cheaper tbh

DMC
07-01-2016, 08:36 PM
Simon Cowell is going to demand some royalties.

SuperCam
05-01-2018, 08:57 PM

how did this trash nig ever convince anyone he was good? :lol

Clipper Nation
05-01-2018, 09:12 PM

how did this trash nig ever convince anyone he was good? :lol
For the same reason why idiots are now convincing themselves that Lonzo Bust is good. His jersey said "Lakers" on the front.

Thebesteva
05-02-2018, 12:13 AM
For the same reason why idiots are now convincing themselves that Lonzo Bust is good. His jersey said "Lakers" on the front.

How them clippers doing tho?

LkrFan
05-02-2018, 05:51 AM
http://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2016/7/1/12077474/nba-free-agency-rumors-jordan-clarkson-la-lakers-restricted

Mitch did something not retarded. Good value.

LkrFan
05-02-2018, 05:52 AM
Good deal for LAL

LkrFan
05-02-2018, 05:53 AM
How them clippers doing tho?

Paying the Logo millions while the Clipps watch the 2018 Dubs Invitational in HD :lol

Raven
05-02-2018, 06:46 AM

:hat

sickdsm
05-02-2018, 08:30 AM
Paying the Logo millions while the rest of the NBA watch the 2018 Dubs Invitational in HD :lol

FIFY

Clipper Nation
05-02-2018, 08:46 AM
Paying the Logo millions while the Clipps watch the 2018 Dubs Invitational in HD :lol
:lol GM Magic

LkrFan
05-02-2018, 09:07 AM

:lol He's done more for the Lakers during his tenure than Logo has for the Clipps. I'll give him his props for 86'ing Fake Griffin. Let's see what he does next. Kiwi to the Clipps perhaps? :lol

StrengthAndHonor
05-02-2018, 09:31 AM
West gave away Blake Griffin for freaking Tobias Harris. I just have to deal with that.

I’m jealous right now- the Lakers are down low making all the right choices, but more importantly they have such a bright future with most of their players under rookie scale contracts. Pelinka and Magic’s front office moves are going to be legendary if they can snag Paul and Kawhi in the offseason.

LkrFan
05-02-2018, 09:38 AM

West gave away Blake Griffin for freaking Tobias Harris. I just have to deal with that.

I’m jealous right now- the Lakers are down low making all the right choices, but more importantly they have such a bright future with most of their players under rookie scale contracts. Pelinka and Magic’s front office moves are going to be legendary if they can snag Paul and Kawhi in the offseason.

:wow

Clipper Nation
05-02-2018, 09:59 AM

GM Magic's resume:

- Wasting the #2 pick on Lonzo Bust
- Dumping Russell just to get rid of a bad contract
- Getting fined for tampering every five minutes

Wow, I'm impressed.

StrengthAndHonor
05-02-2018, 10:02 AM
Toll post aside, Kawhi ending up with the Lakers would be the ultimate slap in the face for Spurs fans:lol

ambchang
05-02-2018, 01:28 PM

I love how leaker gms are getting praised for things they haven’t done yet.

Like saying dejointe Murray is the goat because it is perhaps maybe possible that he can average a triple double for 16 seasons ina row while winning 12 straight titles, leading the league in steals assists and points.

DMC
05-02-2018, 06:30 PM

Like saying dejointe Murray is the goat because it is perhaps maybe possible that he can average a triple double for 16 seasons ina row while winning 12 straight titles, leading the league in steals assists and points.

That's called proof by prognostication.

Thebesteva
05-02-2018, 10:27 PM

:lol LOB CITY BRO!!!

StrengthAndHonor
05-03-2018, 10:04 AM

You have to be an imbecile to come out with that conclusion :lol

You can however be objective and give credit where it's due. They flipped negative operation costs when no one thought it's possible (Mozgov $46 million, Clarkson $37.5 million) for expiring contracts and 1st round picks-- evidence they're dead set in making sound business decisions.

July 2018 and 2019 will be a litmus test of success for Pelinka and Magic. PG signing with them is an indication they have steered the franchise to make progress to optimize their success.

ambchang
05-03-2018, 10:43 AM
You have to be an imbecile to come out with that conclusion :lol

You can however be objective and give credit where it's due. They flipped negative operation costs when no one thought it's possible (Mozgov $46 million, Clarkson $37.5 million) for expiring contracts and 1st round picks-- evidence they're dead set in making sound business decisions.

July 2018 and 2019 will be a litmus test of success for Pelinka and Magic. PG signing with them is an indication they have steered the franchise to make progress to optimize their success.

Signing lebron george and trade junk for kawhi all in one offseason is a reasonable expectation? Gotcha.

StrengthAndHonor
05-03-2018, 11:04 AM
Ya cant fix stupid^

ambchang
05-03-2018, 12:18 PM
Ya cant fix stupid^

Yeah. Really smart to think getting all three is totally attainable. Smart man

StrengthAndHonor
05-03-2018, 02:57 PM
Yeah. Really smart to think getting all three is totally attainable. Smart man
Except I didn’t say that.

ambchang
05-03-2018, 09:08 PM
Except I didn’t say that.

So why are you jealous and proclaiming the front office to be great again? Oh yeah, because they won 34 games.

SuperCam
05-13-2018, 05:45 PM

this mega scrub getting so much publicity just because he was on the lakers :lol

watch out kuzma you next

Killakobe81
05-13-2018, 06:19 PM

this mega scrub getting so much publicity just because he was on the lakers :lol

watch out kuzma you next

kuzma is and will be waaaay better than Clarkson ...

SuperCam
05-13-2018, 06:22 PM
kuzma is and will be waaaay better than Clarkson ...

agreed but he already 23 probably doesn't become anything more than decent starter but likely will never make an all star team. which is okay but his name should never be spoken outside of lakersground tbh

Bynumite
05-13-2018, 06:46 PM
agreed but he already 23 probably doesn't become anything more than decent starter but likely will will make an all star team. which is okay but his name should never be spoken outside of lakersground tbh

With Kiwi out healing his sore pussy, Kuzma on the spurs would automatically be the 2nd best player on the team next to Lasoft:lol

Clipper Nation
05-13-2018, 06:54 PM
Remember when Spurfan used to beg PATFO to trade for Clarkson because he's from San Antonio?

spursistan
05-14-2018, 04:19 AM
Remember when Spurfan used to beg PATFO to trade for Clarkson because he's from San Antonio?

:lmao..