PDA

View Full Version : Mavs: the Mavs are headed ... for disaster?

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 09:35 AM
Not sure how credible this site is ...but it sure is funny. they predict conley to Spurs so take it with a grain of salt ...

http://www.mavsmoneyball.com/2016/6/23/12011286/the-mavericks-repeat-free-agency-deron-williams-conley-parsons?_ga=1.107315590.588044499.1381943182

be a competitive playoff team in Dirk's twilight years. That's all we really want, right?

Instead, the Mavericks appear to be shooting for the stars again. And again, they will likely miss the stars, slingshot back to earth, detonate upon impact and burn everyone to the goddamn ground. The sun rises in the East, sets in the West and the Mavs will never land a big-name free agent. That's how this works.

I even predicted a doomsday scenario back in April, but was mainly joking. Instead, it appears the Mavericks really are gonna put Deron Williams through the Tyson Chandler ringer, ask him to sit tight while they court another player to take his position in hopes he'll stick around when the Mavs inevitably fail to bring in Conley.

Oh, and they will fail. Not only are the Mavericks chasing Conley, they're doing so with the same Holier Than Thou approach that has led to the previous summers of death. The Mavs aren't pitching money, because Memphis can better them. They aren't pitching contention, because the Spurs (who are also interested in Conley) can beat them in spades. Instead, the Mavericks are pitching to Conley to give up some stuff to come to Dallas for the greater good.

why should Conley sacrifice anything to come to a team that hasn't sniffed a first-round victory in over three years? Why should he sacrifice being a true floor general to have Carlisle tell him what to do every time up the floor just to scrape by with 48 wins and a seventh seed? Why should Conley be asked to sacrifice anything when the face of the franchise, Dirk, has sacrificed so much and seen so little since he was asked to be patient in 2011?

But ... no. They won't. I've seen this movie five times in the last five years. It has the same ending. The Mavericks will open free agency by meeting with Conley. They'll ask Williams to be "loyal" and chill while the Mavericks publicly try to replace him.

Williams will tell the Mavs to suck a tailpipe and pounce on the first big-money contract that comes his way. As soon as Williams, Lin and the other free agent point guards agree to their contracts, Conley will come to a decision.

He'll decide to join a new team for the first time in his NBA career. That team will be from Texas.

It will be the Spurs.

Hey, misery loves company ...Cubes!!! :rollin

djohn2oo8
07-01-2016, 09:39 AM
he isnt going to the Spurs. But Cuban, wth dude

DPG21920
07-01-2016, 09:39 AM
Mavs are on the brink it appears and I really wonder if Dirk will leave. Almost unthinkable but no one would blame him and they have only themselves (and DeAndre Jordan) to blame.

Clipper Nation
07-01-2016, 09:43 AM
Mavs are on the brink it appears and I really wonder if Dirk will leave. Almost unthinkable but no one would blame him and they have only themselves (and DeAndre Jordan) to blame.
They wouldn't be contenders even with DeContract, tbh. In fact, they should be thanking him for backing out and not weighing them down with his albatross of a contract.

clambake
07-01-2016, 10:02 AM
pffffff set him free

AlexJones
07-01-2016, 10:13 AM

mavs Gonna keep Sabotaging the end of this legend's renoWned career

AlexJones
07-01-2016, 10:16 AM
Dirk is either gonna take a huge 2 year 60 mil deal or go elsewhere tbh

AlexJones
07-01-2016, 10:23 AM
Parsons is overrated, but Dirk's gotta be upset that he's gone. Is he gonna take a paycut for Cuban to sign Evan Turner and Festus Ezeli?

Dex
07-01-2016, 10:25 AM
Conley ain't going to the Spurs unless Tony gets traded or agrees to come off the bench.

In other words, not going to happen.

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 10:29 AM
Parsons is overrated, but Dirk's gotta be upset that he's gone. Is he gonna take a paycut for Cuban to sign Evan Turner and Festus Ezeli?

I may hate cubes but I hope Dirk doesnt leave.
But I dont see why he should take a pay-cut either though ...

Phillip
07-01-2016, 12:01 PM
Dirk should go be a 6th man in Cleveland for the MLE and get himself another ring, while Dallas tanks and rebuilds.

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 12:30 PM
Dirk should go be a 6th man in Cleveland for the MLE and get himself another ring, while Dallas tanks and rebuilds.

That would be good for Dirk buti like to watch mavs games they would be less interesting ...but tix would be cheaper.

gambit1990
07-01-2016, 12:53 PM
come to the spurs dirk!

Findog
07-01-2016, 02:02 PM
Free Agents treat the Mavs like beta orbiters. When it comes to free agency, the Mavs are the "nice guy who would make a great boyfriend to the right person someday."

Tully365
07-01-2016, 02:24 PM
In a way, Cuban has been cursed with too much money to throw around... He has been quick to overpay role players and take on projects that other teams would avoid at almost all costs. You'd think players would view Dallas as a destination where they'd be well taken care of, but I think it has turned into a spot more known for sloppy team building and the undisciplined assembling of pieces that don't fit...

Killakobe81
07-01-2016, 03:15 PM
In a way, Cuban has been cursed with too much money to throw around... He has been quick to overpay role players and take on projects that other teams would avoid at almost all costs. You'd think players would view Dallas as a destination where they'd be well taken care of, but I think it has turned into a spot more known for sloppy team building and the undisciplined assembling of pieces that don't fit...

Although a control freak they have a top 3 coach great city no state tax ...smh

07-02-2016, 06:14 PM
Just keeping that powder dry. Non-issue, tbh

Killakobe81
07-02-2016, 07:11 PM
Just keeping that powder dry. Non-issue, tbh

They have been shitting on Barnes for weeks through sources like Skin wade and mike fisher locally saying despite the knee issues Parsons still better. Now they offer barnes just to save face ...

LkrFan
07-02-2016, 08:12 PM

mavs Gonna keep Sabotaging the end of this legend's renoWned career

I see what you did there :lol

-21-
07-03-2016, 01:58 PM
Dirk is either gonna take a huge 2 year 60 mil deal or go elsewhere tbh

This is what Dirk should do imo.

Buddy Mignon
07-03-2016, 02:55 PM
Dirk fucked himself. Both he and Jim deserve this. They made fun of Kobe robbing the bank but Kobe saw all tbis shit coming and took his off the top. You got Jim playing for 5 million measly bucks. Guys that will never sniff an allstar selection that's going to make more than Jim. What a fucking loser.

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2016, 03:39 PM
Dirk fucked himself. Both he and Jim deserve this. They made fun of Kobe robbing the bank but Kobe saw all tbis shit coming and took his off the top. You got Jim playing for 5 million measly bucks. Guys that will never sniff an allstar selection that's going to make more than Jim. What a fucking loser.

^ this tbh....

Kobe saw the tea leaves...due to the Buss's running shit he took the money and ran out the door.(and dropped his 60 on the way out)....and they say hindsight is 20/20 but Kobe hit a home run with that foresight...

Spur fan laughing at Kobe mocking him for the 2 yr 50 mill contract but it was sage as sage can get...:toast

spursistan
07-05-2016, 10:58 PM
Cuban low key oversaw one of the most disastrous post-championship run in modern era..also there has to be something off-putting about him personally in those recruitment meetings :lol

07-06-2016, 05:41 AM
Cuban low key oversaw one of the most disastrous post-championship run in modern era..also there has to be something off-putting about him personally in those recruitment meetings :lol

:lol I've wondered the same, and it wouldn't surprise me if it's the case tbh...

DeRozan m8
07-06-2016, 07:19 AM

Yep, and where are the Lakers right now?

Where are the Spurs?

You couldn't even get a meeting with Durant, the lure is over, no one wants to play for you, Mozgov was your big signing with all that cap space...

Your team is Philly West, without Simmons...

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/images/smilies/applause.gif