PDA

View Full Version : Yeah.. the Spurs are just going to wait out this Free Agency

07-01-2016, 12:07 PM
$24 million/yr for Batum :lol
$25.6 million/yr for Beal :lol
$16 million/yr for Mozgov :lol

No way the frugal Spurs will go out shopping for free agents. They might splurge on Gasol if Duncan retires but that's about it. Everything about the management's history says they'll just search for remaining bargains. That's why they're trying to pull in cheap rookies from their Euro pipeline. Too bad they didn't draft too well in the last 4 years.

That Clarkson deal for 12.5 million/year was pretty good though. But even if the Spurs offered that, the Lakers would have just matched.

Kikoluna
07-01-2016, 12:13 PM
Looks like you are right. Another year of kyle F-ing Anderson checking in to play and everyone on the court acting like it's ok.

Tully365
07-01-2016, 12:29 PM
The only one I see as a possibility now is Pau... I think he'd actually want to finish his career with an organization like the Spurs.

TimDunkem
07-01-2016, 12:33 PM
I'm just waiting for Bonner to sign a new deal.

Tully365
07-01-2016, 12:34 PM
The Salary cap is going to go up next year, so salaries are only going to go higher in the foreseeable future...

07-01-2016, 12:36 PM
Mahinmi might be a possibility now that the Pacers blew some space signing Jefferson.

Then again if Mozgov can get $16 million/year, Mahinmi is going to get paid.

BillMc
07-01-2016, 12:36 PM
We'll probably ended up with a desperate Dwight Howard for eight million a year.

Brian Windhorst
07-01-2016, 12:42 PM
Yeah this is definitely turning out to be a bad year to want to sign valuable rotation pieces. If It's going to take 12-18 a year to sign a Mozgov or a Bazemore, I would rather just wait for a candidate to max out next year.

Old players, young overlooked UFA's, and overseas guys are what's for dinner. Teams that are dishing out 20+ a year long contracts to guys somewhere between Danny Green and All-Star are making a huge mistake.

Come home, Pau.

NameLess Scrub
07-01-2016, 12:52 PM
We'll probably ended up with a desperate Dwight Howard for eight million a year.

Joking aside, I wish he'd get over himself and play for the Spurs for "cheap".

BackHome
07-01-2016, 01:17 PM
I agree two years from now teams are going to be kicking themselves for giving out these crazy contracts

baseline bum
07-01-2016, 01:19 PM
The Salary cap is going to go up next year, so salaries are only going to go higher in the foreseeable future...

90% of the league won't have max cap space next year like they do this year though.

Chinook
07-01-2016, 01:19 PM
The Spurs are waiting for Durant, as are LAC and GS. We have no idea what they're going to do with however much money they have until after that gets settled.

DPG21920
07-01-2016, 01:20 PM
The Spurs are waiting for Durant, as are LAC and GS. We have no idea what they're going to do with however much money they have until after that gets settled.

Do you see SA staying over the cap as possible/likely?

Chinook
07-01-2016, 01:20 PM
90% of the league won't have max cap space next year like they do this year though.

They might.

baseline bum
07-01-2016, 01:21 PM
This year is the ultimate sellers market. Almost every team in the league has max cap space while the talent pool of free agents is two inches deep after Durant.

Ruler
07-01-2016, 01:21 PM
Wait it out this year and let all these teams blow their money on rotation players. Next year we'll be first in line for the max guys

baseline bum
07-01-2016, 01:22 PM
I'm fine with bringing back a 67 win team with maybe an MLE signing for the bench if Tim and Manu return.

Chinook
Do you see SA staying over the cap as possible/likely?

I don't think it's likely, actually. They have to try to do so, as they are only over because the MLE and LLE count against the cap along with the other holds and salaries. Lot of it hinges on Boban. If he leaves, I think they go under. If he stays, they might stay over, as there really isn't enough cap space then to justify anything.

DPG21920

You'd be surprised. Especially teams that have room for two maxes now (or close to it). If they don't spend it all (which will be tough) and guys on their current roster expire, they are right back to having a max slot.

SPURt
07-01-2016, 01:23 PM
As well they should. Paying Tim Duncan to retire is a far better deal than all these big man contracts getting thrown around.

DPG21920
07-01-2016, 01:24 PM
I don't think it's likely, actually. They have to try to do so, as they are only over because the MLE and LLE count against the cap along with the other holds and salaries. Lot of it hinges on Boban. If he leaves, I think they go under. If he stays, they might stay over, as there really isn't enough cap space then to justify anything.

I was just making some assumptions that if Tim retires and this market they are going to keep Boban which leads me to believe they are staying over unless a FA gives them a reason to get rid of the cap holds/Boban.

keeferob25
07-01-2016, 01:24 PM
To put everything in perspective, JERRYD FUCKING BAYLESS is gettiing NINE MILLION a year!!! with his new contract. No way in HELL should the Spurs enter into this psychotic frenzy. This isn't overspending, this is the entire league going full-retard. No thanks. Stand pat.

baseline bum
07-01-2016, 01:25 PM
You'd be surprised. Especially teams that have room for two maxes now (or close to it). If they don't spend it all (which will be tough) and guys on their current roster expire, they are right back to having a max slot.

I expect a lot of teams to have max capspace when the cap goes up $16 million again, but virtually the entire league like is the case this year?

DPG21920
07-01-2016, 01:26 PM
To put everything in perspective, JERRYD FUCKING BAYLESS is gettiing NINE MILLION a year!!! with his new contract. No way in HELL should the Spurs enter into this psychotic frenzy. This isn't overspending, this is the entire league going full-retard. No thanks. Stand pat.

Don't look at the dollar amount - it's relative to size of cap. Look at fit, talent, etc.. Then look at the equivalent of what that salary should be compared to last year. Doesn't mean guys aren't getting overpaid even with that mindset, but it's important.

But comparatively & raw dollars, yeah, so many guys getting mega rich.

baseline bum
07-01-2016, 01:27 PM

Bayless at $9 million per isn't bad. Mozgov at $16 million per is an unreal level of retarded though.

DPG21920
07-01-2016, 01:28 PM
I expect a lot of teams to have max capspace when the cap goes up $16 million again, but virtually the entire league like is the case this year?

Look at how many teams have cap space. They will sign a lot of that just to get to 85M floor but many won't make it far beyond that floor + guys coming off books next year + cap jump.

I haven't looked at every team's situation but there should be a lot of teams that have at least a max slot next year with little to no effort it looks like.

baseline bum
Mozgov's agent must have had video of Jimmy plowing Jeannie on top of Dr Buss' grave or something to extract that $64 million contract out of Fredo.

look_at_g_shred
Interesting..everyone is making it seem like the Durant meeting is just to set foundation for next summer. If that was the case, why would the Spurs wait until after the meeting to make any moves?

DPG21920
07-01-2016, 01:31 PM
Interesting..everyone is making it seem like the Durant meeting is just to set foundation for next summer. If that was the case, why would the Spurs wait until after the meeting to make any moves?

In the off case it's not for next year and he's ready to say yes now. There's no one out there (look at all the main FA's that re-signed at max with their own teams, which is expected 90% of the time) that they have to rush for.

Tully365
07-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Don't look at the dollar amount - it's relative to size of cap. Look at fit, talent, etc.. Then look at the equivalent of what that salary should be compared to last year. Doesn't mean guys aren't getting overpaid even with that mindset, but it's important.

But comparatively & raw dollars, yeah, so many guys getting mega rich.

I think each generation has trouble comprehending salary growth... Today, every 3rd string player makes significantly more than Bill Russell did in his prime, which is kind of mind-blowing!

look_at_g_shred
07-01-2016, 01:36 PM
In the off case it's not for next year and he's ready to say yes now. There's no one out there (look at all the main FA's that re-signed at max with their own teams, which is expected 90% of the time) that they have to rush for.
Makes sense.

DPG21920
07-01-2016, 01:37 PM
I think each generation has trouble comprehending salary growth... Today, every 3rd string player makes significantly more than Bill Russell did in his prime, which is kind of mind-blowing!

Yup! I just read that Whiteside, despite barely being in the league is making than Jordan did his entire career with his new contract :wow

look_at_g_shred
07-01-2016, 01:38 PM
By the way, bleacher report saying that KD can make the most with the Spurs next season of all the teams he's meeting with

BillMc
07-01-2016, 01:40 PM
Yup! I just read that Whiteside, despite barely being in the league is making than Jordan did his entire career with his new contract :wow

Mozgov will make more money on his contract than Kareem did his entire career with the Lakers and that is ADJUSTED for inflation. :wow

SPURt
07-01-2016, 01:41 PM
Bill Russell's highest yearly salary was $100,001, adjusted for inflation is around $600k. Michael Jordan still got paid, his highest salary was $33 million is final year in Chicago. The NBA is approaching a max that is worth MJ.

Chillen
07-01-2016, 01:43 PM
My guess is they are waiting to see what happens with Durant before making any signings, trades, etc if there is to be any. Pau Gasol definitely seems very likely to sign with the Spurs.

dabom
07-01-2016, 01:43 PM
By the way, bleacher report saying that KD can make the most with the Spurs next season of all the teams he's meeting with
O saw that. More than OKC. Interesting.

Chinook
07-01-2016, 01:45 PM
I was just making some assumptions that if Tim retires and this market they are going to keep Boban which leads me to believe they are staying over unless a FA gives them a reason to get rid of the cap holds/Boban.

The Spurs will need cap space to give Boban a deal that exceeds the MLE. They may well go under to lock in favorable terms.

SpurSwag
07-01-2016, 01:47 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but if we sit out this offseason with no trades or signings (though I do think we will get Pau) we aren't going to win a championship next year. I haven't been on here much lately, but in my opinion the loss to the Thunder wasn't just a loss. A lot of things about us got exposed in that series, such as our real lack of shooting, lack of athleticism at pretty much every position besides Kawhi and to an extent DG, and no good center next to Tim. Obviously it'd be difficult to address all of those things in one offseason, but if we don't address any of those problems, we will be a pretender next year.

Sean Cagney
07-01-2016, 01:47 PM
I'm just waiting for Bonner to sign a new deal.

That is coming soon...... You know it. Some fan boys will defend that move too.
Maybe I'm wrong, but if we sit out this offseason with no trades or signings (though I do think we will get Pau) we aren't going to win a championship next year. I haven't been on here much lately, but in my opinion the loss to the Thunder wasn't just a loss. A lot of things about us got exposed in that series, such as our real lack of shooting, lack of athleticism at pretty much every position besides Kawhi and to an extent DG, and no good center next to Tim. Obviously it'd be difficult to address all of those things in one offseason, but if we don't address any of those problems, we will be a pretender next year.

57-58 wins probably and 2nd round exit is their ceiling IMO with this team, which is not bad but for those who want a title not enough.

Keepin' it real
07-01-2016, 01:52 PM
Maybe I'm wrong, but if we sit out this offseason with no trades or signings (though I do think we will get Pau) we aren't going to win a championship next year.

So? The Spurs aren't supposed to win a championship every season. That's not how it works.

But you better believe they'll be damn good and worth watching.

tav1
07-01-2016, 01:57 PM
This offseason will be a great case study in market inefficiencies. Teams need to take advantage of the colossal mistake the league made in not adjusting the rookie scale. Sign your promising internationals, take a flier on a extra rookie, target "young vets" who haven't found the right fit elsewhere. This is one of the rare years when carrying multiple rookies is a sound strategy for Spurs. The end of the team's bench should be filled with Murray, Bertans, LJC, Ndoye, and Hanga, or some such combination. Even useless vets, like Andre Miller and Rasual Butler, will make too much this offseason. It's stupid to carry those sort of players on one's roster this year.

There is no way Timofey Mozgov is worth his contract, especially, as Kevin Pelton reported, because it effectively cost the Lakers two-max status next summer. I doubt the Spurs would make that kind of mistake, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed they don't lose site of long term planning and commit a similar mistake of lesser degree.

This summer will likely work in San Antonio's favor, especially relative to free agency 2017. But in the short term, eating a year developing, say, Milutinov at rookie scale vs. spending on a player whom ultimately doesn't add more than a win to your record and won't move any dial in the postseason, is a no brainer. There is no question in my mind than Milutinov on a rookie deal is much better for Spurs, or any organization, than Mozgov at 4 yrs/64MM.

If I were the 76ers, I would not even worry about the salary floor. The penalty for missing the floor is so much less severe than spending foolishly on a multi-year commitment. If they can sign Crabbe or Barnes (I think he's mediocre, but whatever) to a deal, then do it. But otherwise, focus on Embiid and Simmons and Saric and Luwawu. Over the balance of the next decade, their franchise will be much better for it.

Getting Durant is still the best possible outcome for the Spurs, but otherwise returning a 67 win team with some tweaks is not so bad. The Spurs will have to catch a break (injury to Thunder or Warriors) and see a career year from someone like Green or get great minutes from Boban or a rookie, in order to win title, but those odds are so much better for Spurs than over spending on an end of rotation player.

San Antonio is in a can't lose position for the offseason. The franchise either wins small or it wins big, but the front office won't look back to rue July 1, 2016. And Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard's contract look like masterstrokes in retrospect. Two of the best contracts in the league. Kawhi's contract is probably only rivaled by Curry's deal. Parker's deal even looks really strong right now. Here's to the Spurs just not fucking things ups.

07-01-2016, 02:01 PM
I don't see what the Spurs can do to improve.

1. Parker's contract + loyalty to not salary dump him stops the Spurs from clearing any real space.
2. Duncan opted in, Spurs can't control that. Even if they could, they should let Duncan do whatever he wants. This further restricts cap space.
3. Free agency class are getting overpaid and most of the good FA's are restricted. Can't even remember a time where the Spurs tried to outbid for a RFA.

There's no real way to clear cap space available and even if they can clear $15-20 million, at best they can add one solid rotation player for that much. That's why they opted to keep Diaw, and extended a restricted offer to Boban. They might even re-sign West but the Spurs should let him walk if he wants more than a 1 year deal. They also called in their draft and stashes.

Just got to hope Boban, Simmons, and one of Bertans/LJC/KA become good bench players (not getting my hopes up, all 3 look bad). But Boban, Simmons, Mills, and a retained Ginobili + Diaw is still a respectable bench. All improvement will have to come from the players we already have though. There's not going to much outside help coming.

tmtcsc
07-01-2016, 02:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they've already talked to the FA's they have interest in. Probably spoke to Pau as soon as they could.

mo7888
07-01-2016, 02:04 PM
This offseason will be a great case study in market inefficiencies. Teams need to take advantage of the colossal mistake the league made in not adjusting the rookie scale. Sign your promising internationals, take a flier on a extra rookie, target "young vets" who haven't found the right fit elsewhere. This is one of the rare years when carrying multiple rookies is a sound strategy for Spurs. The end of the team's bench should be filled with Murray, Bertans, LJC, Ndoye, and Hanga, or some such combination. Even useless vets, like Andre Miller and Rasual Butler, will make too much this offseason. It's stupid to carry those sort of players on one's roster this year.

There is no way Timofey Mozgov is worth his contract, especially, as Kevin Pelton reported, because it effectively cost the Lakers two-max status next summer. I doubt the Spurs would make that kind of mistake, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed they don't lose site of long term planning and commit a similar mistake of lesser degree.

This summer will likely work in San Antonio's favor, especially relative to free agency 2017. But in the short term, eating a year developing, say, Milutinov at rookie scale vs. spending on a player whom ultimately doesn't add more than a win to your record and won't move any dial in the postseason, is a no brainer. There is no question in my mind than Milutinov on a rookie deal is much better for Spurs, or any organization, than Mozgov at 4 yrs/64MM.

If I were the 76ers, I would not even worry about the salary floor. The penalty for missing the floor is so much less severe than spending foolishly on a multi-year commitment. If they can sign Crabbe or Barnes (I think he's mediocre, but whatever) to a deal, then do it. But otherwise, focus on Embiid and Simmons and Saric and Luwawu. Over the balance of the next decade, their franchise will be much better for it.

Getting Durant is still the best possible outcome for the Spurs, but otherwise returning a 67 win team with some tweaks is not so bad. The Spurs will have to catch a break (injury to Thunder or Warriors) and see a career year from someone like Green or get great minutes from Boban or a rookie, in order to win title, but those odds are so much better for Spurs than over spending on an end of rotation player.

San Antonio is in a can't lose position for the offseason. The franchise either wins small or it wins big, but the front office won't look back to rue July 1, 2016. And Danny Green and Kawhi Leonard's contract look like masterstrokes in retrospect. Two of the best contracts in the league. Kawhi's contract is probably only rivaled by Curry's deal. Parker's deal even looks really strong right now. Here's to the Spurs just not fucking things ups.

I agree with everything you said with one caveat....The 76ers shouldn't just save their money. Yes, they should focus on the rooks and young guys and yes they should make offers that will probably be matched to Crabbe and Barnes but, after that they should spend money on solid vets that can show those rooks how to be professionals and help develop them. They just need to keep the contract length to 3 years or less so those contract will be coming off the books at the same time that the young guys are stepping up and due extensions.

BillMc
07-01-2016, 02:05 PM

Excellent post. We had our Christmas last year with getting LMA and putting Kawhi and Danny on favorable contracts. Now flesh out the roster with cheap young ones (mostly foreign picks) and let them grow. We'll be very good and if GSW or the Thunder (if Durant returns) or Cavs stumble we'll probably be right there. If not in a year or two, if any of these guys pan out, we may become the favorites again. During the days of Kobe-Shaq Lakers and the Heatles that's how it worked. Spurs kept themselves really good and when those guys stumbled they were there to capitalize. That's probably how its going to be for a year or three. Short of getting Durant we're not the favorite. And given that Durant and Curry both have a history of injuries I'd say we have a damn good chance of returning to the Finals sometime in the next 3 years. That puts ahead of all but 2 or 3 teams in the league.

DPG21920
07-01-2016, 02:05 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they've already talked to the FA's they have interest in. Probably spoke to Pau is soon as they could.

Absolutely - these players know nothing happens until KD meetings. There is probably offered already tee'd up in the event KD is a no go and there is mutual interest.

tav1
07-01-2016, 02:14 PM
Short of getting Durant we're not the favorite. And given that Durant and Curry both have a history of injuries I'd say we have a damn good chance of returning to the Finals sometime in the next 3 years. That puts ahead of all but 2 or 3 teams in the league.

Totally agree with this.

tav1
07-01-2016, 02:19 PM
They just need to keep the contract length to 3 years or less so those contract will be coming off the books at the same time that the young guys are stepping up and due extensions.

This is probably right. The Bayless contract is right in line with your thinking here. My contention is just that you might miss salary floor, even if you spend. Don't sign a guy to a big number, unless it's a one year deal, in order to miss the floor. The floor isn't a big deal.

If I were the 76ers, I'd offer contracts to Barnes and Crabbe and then wait and try like hell to absorb old, good contracts, like Bogut or Green and Diaw.

tmtcsc
07-01-2016, 02:19 PM
Here's some of the potential 2017 Free Agents:

Stephen Curry, LeBron James (if he signs another one-year deal this summer), Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Kyle Lowry, Serge Ibaka, Paul Millsap, Gordon Hayward, Greg Monroe, Derrick Rose, Rudy Gay, Andrew Bogut, Jrue Holiday, Danilo Gallinari, Andre Iguodala, J.J. Redick, Taj Gibson and George Hill among many others.

tmtcsc
07-01-2016, 02:20 PM
Get Pau and Dudley and call it an offseason, tbh.

HarlemHeat37
07-01-2016, 02:27 PM
I've been saying this all month, tbh..

It's not the money that has me concerned, though..it's the shitty options that aren't worth long-term commitments..

NASpurs
07-01-2016, 02:28 PM

:lol today's NBA

tav1
07-01-2016, 02:29 PM
When I was in primary school, I won dodgeball at every recess by hiding way back in a corner and letting the majority of the contestants eliminate one another. I'd engage once the game was down to a few players on each side. Competition is for losers, right?

I think of primary school dodgeball in moments like this and on draft nights when the Spurs most successful and proven strategy is simply to sit back and let 20 or 25 other teams fuck themselves, then enter the fray and capitalize on some obvious collective mistake.

TheGoldStandard
07-01-2016, 02:32 PM
Here's some of the potential 2017 Free Agents:

Stephen Curry, LeBron James (if he signs another one-year deal this summer), Blake Griffin, Russell Westbrook, Chris Paul, Kyle Lowry, Serge Ibaka, Paul Millsap, Gordon Hayward, Greg Monroe, Derrick Rose, Rudy Gay, Andrew Bogut, Jrue Holiday, Danilo Gallinari, Andre Iguodala, J.J. Redick, Taj Gibson and George Hill among many others.

So Spurs spend like 20 mil on George Hill? lol.. None of those guys are gonna want to play here. Maybe Gallinari Gibson but nah they'll get super over paid by someone.

Kindergarten Cop
07-01-2016, 02:50 PM
So Spurs spend like 20 mil on George Hill? lol.. None of those guys are gonna want to play here. Maybe Gallinari Gibson but nah they'll get super over paid by someone.

I thought the whole "No premium free-agent will ever want to come to San Antonio" schtick died once and for all when LA signed last summer.

Kikoluna
07-01-2016, 02:54 PM
The 2017 class everyone is talking is as good as this one. I don't know where all the "let's wait crap" came from. You're saying you rather have mouthpiece over Durant? Please

TheGoldStandard
07-01-2016, 02:55 PM
I thought the whole "No premium free-agent will ever want to come to San Antonio" schtick died once and for all when LA signed last summer.

LMA was a special case.. Texas ties, close to his kid, family and quiet guy.. money was still gonna be decent, Spurs looked like they were a piece away from another title run. In most cases the players that will be free agents next season are gonna stay put and collect monster cash or teams are going to overspend and offer insane deals. Out of the lot a good number of those players are not in the Spurs mold either.

Mr. Body
07-01-2016, 03:09 PM

Great post. This does seem like a cut bait year for the Spurs. Plan more for the future.

jsandiego
07-01-2016, 03:17 PM
When I was in primary school, I won dodgeball at every recess by hiding way back in a corner and letting the majority of the contestants eliminate one another. I'd engage once the game was down to a few players on each side. Competition is for losers, right?

I think of primary school dodgeball in moments like this and on draft nights when the Spurs most successful and proven strategy is simply to sit back and let 20 or 25 other teams fuck themselves, then enter the fray and capitalize on some obvious collective mistake.Not that my opinion matters, but I approve of this analogy. :bobo

HarlemHeat37
07-01-2016, 03:23 PM
Spurs are going to have a bunch of players that will be playing extra-hard to cash in as much as possible, tbh..

Aldridge and Kawhi are locked in and would get theirs regardless(due to their status as stars), but the rest of the team is going to be in $$$ mode, particularly Parker, Diaw, Mills and the unproven guys(Anderson, Simmons, etc)..

BillMc
07-01-2016, 03:34 PM
Spurs are going to have a bunch of players that will be playing extra-hard to cash in as much as possible, tbh..

Aldridge and Kawhi are locked in and would get theirs regardless(due to their status as stars), but the rest of the team is going to be in $$$ mode, particularly Parker, Diaw, Mills and the unproven guys(Anderson, Simmons, etc)..

Not to mention assorted foreign guys who know they're a couple of years away from life-altering income.

BillMc
07-01-2016, 03:40 PM
Locking up Kawhi and Danny at what are now good contracts and getting LMA. RC was in the zone last year.... This year, by default, will be more quiet (unless Durant falls from the sky).

baseline bum
07-01-2016, 03:43 PM
I mean this guy isn't even as good as Kyle Anderson.

Brian Windhorst
07-01-2016, 03:50 PM
:lol Evan Turner's deal
:lol Mozgov's deal
:lol Bucks paying a 3rd string PG who can't shoot 10/year
:lol all the shit teams with money to spend are shooting themselves in the foot right out of the gate

07-01-2016, 03:51 PM
Parker's contract not looking so bad anymore. With the cap going up again next year, even Kyle Anderson will be making 15 mil a year

baseline bum
07-01-2016, 04:02 PM
With the cap going up again next year, even Kyle Anderson will be making 15 mil a year

Well yeah, Solomon Hill is basically Kyle Anderson statistically and he's making $13 million a year. I have never seen an offseason anywhere like this one.

HI-FI
07-01-2016, 04:10 PM
Yeah this is definitely turning out to be a bad year to want to sign valuable rotation pieces. If It's going to take 12-18 a year to sign a Mozgov or a Bazemore, I would rather just wait for a candidate to max out next year.

Old players, young overlooked UFA's, and overseas guys are what's for dinner. Teams that are dishing out 20+ a year long contracts to guys somewhere between Danny Green and All-Star are making a huge mistake.

Come home, Pau.
This.

if we can get TD to stay, get Pau, or hopefully both, then it will be a good offseason imo. Looking at all these terrible deals makes me appreciate that the Spurs think more big picture and can be very frugal at times.

poeticism707
07-01-2016, 04:57 PM

Each generation doesn't get salary growth,

because so few actually get it.

Only 1% of the population,

including pro athlete lucky bastards,

ever even sniff salary growth.

So you'll have to forgive the 99% our ignorance.

poeticism707
07-01-2016, 04:59 PM
Mozgov's agent must have had video of Jimmy plowing Jeannie on top of Dr Buss' grave or something to extract that $64 million contract out of Fredo.

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Budkin
07-01-2016, 05:01 PM
:lol Evan Turner's deal
:lol Mozgov's deal
:lol Bucks paying a 3rd string PG who can't shoot 10/year
:lol all the shit teams with money to spend are shooting themselves in the foot right out of the gate

:lol Today's NBA

rjv
07-01-2016, 05:06 PM
it's as if the NBA went from keynesianism to neoliberalism overnight.

Keepin' it real
07-01-2016, 05:19 PM
it's as if the NBA went from keynesianism to neoliberalism overnight.

http://m.memegen.com/fnz6xj.jpg

spurtech09
07-01-2016, 05:19 PM
This.

if we can get TD to stay, get Pau, or hopefully both, then it will be a good offseason imo. Looking at all these terrible deals makes me appreciate that the Spurs think more big picture and can be very frugal at times.
agree

DJR210
07-01-2016, 05:26 PM
These free agents demanding a ridiculous amount of cash wouldn't hurt us so bad if we didn't strike out in the draft every year since the Kawhi trade

Tully365
07-01-2016, 05:42 PM
I always think back on a George Karl interview I saw years ago where he joked that if you ask NBA scouts & coaches, they'll tell you there are about 15 max players in the league-- but if you ask agents, they'll tell you there are 40 or 50.

tmtcsc
07-01-2016, 05:53 PM

It did. The same with David West forgoing 12 mill for his vet minimum here. The Spurs are also one of a handful of teams able to go after this year's best FA. That "None of those guys are gonna want to play here" is filled with hatorade and wrong.

K...
07-01-2016, 06:14 PM
These free agents demanding a ridiculous amount of cash wouldn't hurt us so bad if we didn't strike out in the draft every year since the Kawhi trade

this is sarcasm right?

SilverSpur
07-01-2016, 06:41 PM
What's funny is all these teams keep spending money and nothing ever comes of it.
We spend wisely and keep winning regular season games, division titles, playoff series, conference championships , finals champions and earning respect along the way.
So no worries about missing out on big names, just sign a Pau Gasol , trade for a Ricky Rubio, bring over Davis Bertan and Livio Jean Charles, draft Dejountay Murray, sign Bryn Forbes and Ryan Arcidicono, develope D leauge players and continue the " Commitment to Excellence " and leave the NBA scratching its head.
GO SPURS GO

Mouth is Bleeding
07-01-2016, 06:45 PM
Batum even took a big discount.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-01-2016, 06:49 PM
This is exactly as expected - massive overpays for mediocrity. Spurs sitting it out is exactly what we want to see. :tu

Best deal so far is definitely Clarkson.

loveforthegame
07-01-2016, 06:50 PM
Another year of Bonner. Woot. Woot.

sasaint
07-01-2016, 07:07 PM
This is exactly as expected - massive overpays for mediocrity. Spurs sitting it out is exactly what we want to see. :tu

Best deal so far is definitely Clarkson.

Yes on both counts. Anybody we had a realistic chance at is still on the board. Plus we may get to figure in as a third-team trade-facilitator when we get deeper into free agency. The Clarkson deal is a little hard to figure. Why wouldn't he wait and see if another team would tender an offer before accepting an early deal with LA?

BatManu20
07-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Insane.

SAGirl
07-01-2016, 07:49 PM

Agree. I actually think both Anderson and Simmons are underrated by different camps in here. I am sure if not for Manu both would have played a lot more and Kyle can ball. He kept our team afloat with Manu and Tim injuries. With Evan Turner getting overpaid simply bc he can make plays from the forward spot, ppl here don't even know what they have bc he's 22, was played off the ball and Pop did not use him optimally. And Simmons, his camp/fans are crazy about his athletic ability and he's desperate at this point. He's going to be 27 and his game absolutely depends on him being an elite athlete. He's got to cash in on that athleticism and make a difference this season. He could really blow up for us if he fixes just a few deficient areas. He's in the perfect situation for his game too bc he's surrounded by supremely talented and unselfish passers in the bench, who will enhance his cutting, slashing and lob catching abilities. I expect both these guys to have great seasons. I imagine Simmons is looking at Bazemore's contract and thinking he can be just as good if he worked hard. Bazemore blew up in the NBA in the span of one season when he had the opportunity to play.

I am actually less sold on Mills, Diaw, Parker bc there is not much upside there. Diaw can be motivated and competitive when he wants to, but he's under contract with a cheap team option the season after this one. I would expect one of our new forwards to continue to push him outside of the rotation. Anderson, Bertans, LJC will push him if he coasts through the season. He's not completely free to leave and I am expecting him in deferral state to youngsters honestly. He's lucky Anderson doesn't want to be all trigger happy with the 3. He is only a reliable 3 away from making Diaw expendable. I know Diaw posts up and has a different kind of game, but if the Spurs pay Boban, they don't need Diaw as much. Boban already plays inside and both Anderson and Bertans fit better and if there is a matchup with a forward that is bullying them, there is LJC in the bench.

Mills is the one who has to be hungry bc he's never gotten a good payday and Tony, well, I think at least he will do whatever Pop wants. Murray is super raw and he appears to need to learn how to play. I see him kind of like a Lavine. Lavine came into the league without even knowing how to play, super skinny, super young and was terrible his first season. One of the worst guards in the league if I am not mistaken. Super athletic and skinny but didn't know how to play pro ball. I see Murray about the same except he will learn how to play in the dleague, but he will push both Patty and Tony IMO. Tony can't be all chillax.

Our biggest upside is in the younger unproven guys. I just wish we got word we are adding a big to this group like Milutinov or Cady... but we may run out of roster spots.

SPURt
07-01-2016, 08:02 PM
Insane.

What the fudge?!

Chinook
07-01-2016, 09:08 PM
Supposedly, Atlanta wants to move Splitter for the cap space to keep the Horford dream alive or something like that. He'd slot right into the team's project cap space. Would be amenable to bringing him back, especially if Tim is also returning.

Obstructed_View
07-01-2016, 09:10 PM
Supposedly, Atlanta wants to move Splitter for the cap space to keep the Horford dream alive or something like that. He'd slot right into the team's project cap space. Would be amenable to bringing him back, especially if Tim is also returning.

I'd take him back in a second, so long as there's some provision that the Spurs can cut him loose for nothing if his health problems persist.

Obstructed_View
07-01-2016, 09:10 PM
:lmao Mike Conley's contract. Holy shit.

Chinook
07-01-2016, 09:12 PM
I'd take him back in a second, so long as there's some provision that the Spurs can cut him loose for nothing if his health problems persist.

Dude's not giving up $8 Million bucks. Best you could hope for is the most comprehensive physical ever.

Obstructed_View
07-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Dude's not giving up $8 Million bucks. Best you could hope for is the most comprehensive physical ever.

And that's probably a decent gamble if he passes it.

Tully365
07-01-2016, 09:19 PM
I don't understand what Atlanta is doing... if they're trying to keep Horford, does this mean that they try to move Millsap to SF? If Millsap starts at PF, then what is the pitch to Horford-- re-sign with us and come off of the bench? I have to think Horford is headed to Boston or OKC... I hope it's Boston.

siraulo23
07-01-2016, 09:19 PM
Is it really gonna be any better next year? If anything the contracts are gonna be even worse

Kindergarten Cop
07-01-2016, 09:28 PM
Is it really gonna be any better next year? If anything the contracts are gonna be even worse

The FA class will be MUCH better and teams that are tossing out huge long-term deals this year will likely be out of the running for them.

Tully365
07-01-2016, 09:31 PM
I have to think there are quite a few older players who've thought about retirement but now feel they have to try and play at least for another year or two, to cash in on this salary frenzy...

tonight...you
07-01-2016, 09:36 PM
And that's probably a decent gamble if he passes it.
Oh yeah. In a heartbeat, if that were the case.

Chillen
07-01-2016, 09:41 PM
Conley better morph into Michael Jordan on the basketball court next season for that kind of money. lol Stupid move on the Grizz's part, untradeable contract. They better hope he stays healthy.

SAGirl
07-01-2016, 09:48 PM
I have to think there are quite a few older players who've thought about retirement but now feel they have to try and play at least for another year or two, to cash in on this salary frenzy...
Richard Jefferson, SJax:lol

Kindergarten Cop
07-01-2016, 09:48 PM

Captain Jack is trying to make a comeback. :king

Obstructed_View
07-01-2016, 10:59 PM
Fucking OJ Mayo might be the dumbest person in the history of sports.

Russ
07-01-2016, 11:07 PM
Fucking OJ Mayo might be the dumbest person in the history of sports.

No, that would be another OJ.

Obstructed_View
07-01-2016, 11:09 PM
No, that would be another OJ.

USC just churns out the good decision makers.

Sean Cagney
07-02-2016, 12:37 AM
Conley better morph into Michael Jordan on the basketball court next season for that kind of money. lol Stupid move on the Grizz's part, untradeable contract. They better hope he stays healthy.

Most overpaid player in sports? I know for certain in the NBA he is.

dbestpro
07-02-2016, 08:36 AM
There are going to be many decent players who are going to be left out of the 4x and 3x increased salaries that can be had for 2x salaries. The Spurs are just waiting to see who's left standing when the music stops.

SpurSwag
07-02-2016, 12:58 PM
So? The Spurs aren't supposed to win a championship every season. That's not how it works.

But you better believe they'll be damn good and worth watching.

This is a fair point, and I will watch next season no matter what. Bottom line is I love our team, and if Duncan and Manu come back there's extra incentive to watch knowing that it'll definitely be their last year. But for the first time in a while I feel like if we don't do anything, we definitely won't win it next year. For the past 3-4 years I always thought going into the season we had as good a chance as anyone of winning a championship. I thought that going into this years playoffs too, but now I think it would require so many crazy, unexpected breaks to go our way in order for us to win. Hopefully I'm wrong though, either way it should make for a good season.

SpurSwag
07-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Also I'm nowhere near being a Parker hater, he's an all time favorite player of mine and we wouldn't have won nearly as many rings without him, but at this point his contract is definitely a burden of sorts. I'm not saying we needed to get Mike Conley, but we do need an upgrade at point guard desperately (with ideally parker coming off the bench as a back up)

GSH
07-02-2016, 01:25 PM

Dick Jefferson may have just had the most profitable season of his whole career. He played just well enough, on a championship team, to get offers in this FA frenzy. He could get himself a great big bonus payday at the end of his career. SJax screwed himself, the way he handled his exit from the Spurs. If he had just stuck in the league, and maybe had a decent season, he could be looking at the same thing.

I wonder how Fabbs' heart is doing?

BillMc
07-02-2016, 01:27 PM
Wonder if DeJuan Blair will get back in the league to get any of this money. Guy missed his chance.

GSH
07-02-2016, 01:44 PM
Wonder if DeJuan Blair will get back in the league to get any of this money. Guy missed his chance.

Yeah, it's sick what the timing has meant. Think what Patty Mills could get right now. I know people bitch about him, but honestly he'd be getting triple what he's being paid if he was a FA this season. If Dejuan was coming off that playoff year with the Mavs, when he gave the Spurs so much trouble? It's just the luck of the draw, but you can see why some guys would really want to get one of these kinds of paydays. The ones who have been out of the league mostly don't have a chance, but you couldn't blame them for trying.

tholdren
07-02-2016, 01:48 PM
ST Poster#1 Hey man in 1903 a candy bar cost a penny.

ST Poster #2 Shit candy bars are expensive as #@$# today. Could you imagine how many candy bars I could have bought in 1903 if my salary was proportionate to the price of a candy bar as it is today?

ST Poster#3 the same?

Sean Cagney
07-02-2016, 01:48 PM
Also I'm nowhere near being a Parker hater, he's an all time favorite player of mine and we wouldn't have won nearly as many rings without him, but at this point his contract is definitely a burden of sorts.

Actually with the contracts being handed out his seems like a bargain now under the new salary cap :lol

MaNu4Tres
07-02-2016, 02:07 PM
Dick Jefferson may have just had the most profitable season of his whole career. He played just well enough, on a championship team, to get offers in this FA frenzy. He could get himself a great big bonus payday at the end of his career. SJax screwed himself, the way he handled his exit from the Spurs. If he had just stuck in the league, and maybe had a decent season, he could be looking at the same thing.

I wonder how Fabbs' heart is doing?

As much as I loved Jackson in his 03' run, he dug his own grave the last 3 years of his career. If he wasn't so delusional with his pursuit of becoming a rapper, spending all summers in studios instead of the gym-- he may still be in the league.

GSH
07-02-2016, 02:09 PM
ST Poster#1 Hey man in 1903 a candy bar cost a penny.

ST Poster #2 Shit candy bars are expensive as #@$# today. Could you imagine how many candy bars I could have bought in 1903 if my salary was proportionate to the price of a candy bar as it is today?

ST Poster#3 the same?

You fucktard. As usual, you're either clueless, or just pissing on everything like a dog. Most people have figured out that you can't pay everyone on the team $10M+ and still stay under a $94M cap.

What people are saying is, "If THAT guy is worth $20M per year, it's going to take $150M to field a great team." A max contract is still the same percentage of the cap, no matter what dollar amount is involved. Same idea with near-max. Teams are handing out max and near-max contracts to people who don't justify that.

You're one of the last people who should be bitching about the stupidity of "ST Posters".

Tully365
07-02-2016, 02:27 PM
For me, it's not so much that the rising cap has changed the entire financial landscape, but that teams are caught up in the frenzy as if the money will be around indefinitely in a way that justifies overpaying anyone right now... Conley is a good player, no question, but no scout, coach, or opposing player in the league would ever consider him for the title of Best Player in the NBA. He's not even in the top 10. Memphis has been a better than average team for quite a while now, but one that had a relatively small chance of winning a championship... now they've made their better-than-average-but not-great PG the highest paid player in the league. There's definitely an air of irrational exuberance surrounding the move.

07-02-2016, 03:31 PM
I think the sticker shock will eventually wear off and the Spurs will be forced to throw $15-20 million at role players if they want to build a decent team.

Right now, I definitely think the FO is in a wait and see mode since they do not traditionally throw so much money at free agents. When the $15-20 million contracts become more familiar, the FO will feel more comfortable doling out money if they see someone they really like.

Although, the FO definitely would like to discover the diamond in the roughs like Green, build through the draft, try to find good trades, and re-build seemingly done players for cheap. Just hard to see the FO spend this much cash on free agents. Yes, the cap has increased but even when the cap was low, the Spurs were unwilling to bid for high cost free agents unless it was a complete no brainier (LMA and Durant this year).

spurs10
07-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Don't know if it's for real but saw Conley was offered >150 million for a 5 year deal from his team. If that isn't the definition of stupid I don't know what is.

Tully365
07-02-2016, 05:33 PM
More & more, I expect the Spurs to go the trade route or find a euro player this off season-- there will be a need for some teams to shed salary, and that's one thing to watch... something like Memphis moving Brandan Wright, Miami moving Josh McRoberts, Boston & Jerebko...

The only legit big name FA shot right now feels like Pau, who I think might take a paycut to join an organization he respects.

ismael-robert
07-02-2016, 05:40 PM
Yes spurs10 thats been all over the place for 24 hours now old news

tholdren
07-02-2016, 05:46 PM
What people are saying is, "If THAT guy is worth $20M per year, it's going to take $150M to field a great team." A max contract is still the same percentage of the cap, no matter what dollar amount is involved. Same idea with near-max. Teams are handing out max and near-max contracts to people who don't justify that.
".
they aren't. the comments, and yours, are equally impressive. keep going strong!!!!

spurs10
07-02-2016, 05:57 PM
Yes spurs10 thats been all over the place for 24 hours now old news Thanks...just saw it. Un#$%$ingreal. Good for him!

07-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Thanks...just saw it. Un#$%$ingreal. Good for him!
That's how much the Spurs would have offered Conley if they pursued him. Just slightly less and over 4 years since the Spurs can't give max raises and the 5th year. That's why I thought it was ridiculous to go after Conley, especially if the Spurs keep Parker. Maxing out Conley just doesn't make sense. He's not a max player and the Spurs are still paying $15 million for Parker.

Spurs9
07-02-2016, 06:48 PM
Maybe our team will be all euros if they can get guys to lock in 5 year deals at 2 per :lol

ace3g
07-02-2016, 07:21 PM
Maybe our team will be all euros if they can get guys to lock in 5 year deals at 2 per :lol

In terms of who we sign this offseason, that might very well be the case. I could see them signing one FA to a 8-10 million dollar contract the rest are our past draft and stash guys.

sasaint
07-02-2016, 08:33 PM
In terms of who we sign this offseason, that might very well be the case. I could see them signing one FA to a 8-10 million dollar contract the rest are our past draft and stash guys.

Pop would have to do some more serious coaching than he has in a while.

CaptainLate
07-02-2016, 10:37 PM
Today, every 3rd string player makes significantly more than Bill Russell did in his prime, which is kind of mind-blowing! It's a reflection of how sick society has become in less than 50 years. "Are you not entertained?" -- Maximus.

Mr. Body
07-02-2016, 10:40 PM
It's a reflection of how sick society has become in less than 50 years. "Are you not entertained?" -- Maximus.

Lol, it doesn't show that at all.

JonNOKC
07-02-2016, 11:05 PM

Thinking this very well may be the way to go....find out what some of the euro guys got & see how few of the young guys grow. Spurs will be fine in regular season, if they get lucky & strike gold in one of the euro/young guys then maybe we make some noise in playoffs....regardless you go into the off season knowing what you got and clearer picture of needs/how to get better

SAGirl
07-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Pop would have to do some more serious coaching than he has in a while.
I have a very unpopular view here, but our only way up is for our youngsters to develop. My only concern is to re-sign Boban. After that our only upside comes from our youngsters. I just want a single big man with experience in FA bc I think Tim is retiring, and someone needs to take his minutes. That is my single interest. Anything else is going to have to be provided by youngsters we are about to have. Pop is indeed going to have to do some serious coaching.

SnakeBoy
07-02-2016, 11:29 PM
Well yeah, Solomon Hill is basically Kyle Anderson statistically and he's making $13 million a year. I have never seen an offseason anywhere like this one.

Yeah it's crazy this year. Scrub Mahinmi getting $64 mill/4 years is insane.

spurtech09
07-02-2016, 11:41 PM
Yeah it's crazy this year. Scrub Mahinmi getting $64 mill/4 years is insane.Yikes

Sean Cagney
07-03-2016, 01:07 AM
Yeah it's crazy this year. Scrub Mahinmi getting $64 mill/4 years is insane.

LOL wow......... That is one of the worst, insane how much these bums are getting paid.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-03-2016, 09:13 AM
Spurs will sit this one out, use 2016 as a farewell tour/youth development season, and have a plan to contend again with a re-vamped roster in 2017. That's the smart thing to do, and that's why they'll do it.

07-03-2016, 01:16 PM
That Mahinmi contract... must be praising the Mavs for turning him into a legitimate NBA player

SnakeBoy
07-03-2016, 04:10 PM
Pretty interesting article on NBA salaries...

Russell Westbrook Is Really Worth $344 Million, And Other Tales Of The NBA’s New Salary Cap
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/russell-westbrook-is-really-worth-344-million-and-other-tales-of-the-nbas-new-salary-cap/

BillMc
07-03-2016, 05:06 PM
Pay Manu, re-sign Boban, bring over the best Euros you can get and call it a free agency.

GSH
07-03-2016, 05:23 PM
Pay Manu, re-sign Boban, bring over the best Euros you can get and call it a free agency.

LOL... I've been saying it, but nobody believed it. I think that's what's going to happen.

I could be wrong, But I think the Spurs could package Diaw and Duncan's contract (assuming he's retiring), and get a player making around $13M - maybe someone like Allen Crabbe? The Blazers would get Diaw plus be able to spread Duncan's salary, so they clear about $4M, if I got that right. Or the same if they S&T Harkless for about $6m, and then trade for Tim's contract - they still clear up $4M by spreading. Maybe different teams/players, but they might be able to score a player by leveraging that $4m cap savings.

Other than that, I still don't see anyone the Spurs can afford who will be better than what they have, or the players who are in their pipeline - most of whom will likely get less than the guys they would acquire. As funny as it sounds after that KBP thread, I'm starting to count on the hope that Bourousis will be spending some time under the basket for the Spurs this season, and that Bertans will be back to 100% after the injuries.

BillMc
07-03-2016, 05:29 PM
LOL... I've been saying it, but nobody believed it. I think that's what's going to happen.

I could be wrong, But I think the Spurs could package Diaw and Duncan's contract (assuming he's retiring), and get a player making around $13M - maybe someone like Allen Crabbe? The Blazers would get Diaw plus be able to spread Duncan's salary, so they clear about $4M, if I got that right. Or the same if they S&T Harkless for about $6m, and then trade for Tim's contract - they still clear up $4M by spreading. Maybe different teams/players, but they might be able to score a player by leveraging that $4m cap savings.

Other than that, I still don't see anyone the Spurs can afford who will be better than what they have, or the players who are in their pipeline - most of whom will likely get less than the guys they would acquire. As funny as it sounds after that KBP thread, I'm starting to count on the hope that Bourousis will be spending some time under the basket for the Spurs this season, and that Bertans will be back to 100% after the injuries.

I'd like to see what Bourousis can do. And having lived in Latvia I'm rooting for Bertans by default.

I'm not sure Timmy is done. I've heard conflicting reports. Some saying he was at the meeting with KD, others saying he wasn't. Not that it means too much either way in relation to his retirement.

If he retires though, isn't up to the club with his contract whether they pay him? I certainly could be wrong, but if we trade the contract to another club they don't have to shell out for him if he retires. Spurs would, I guess, because its effectively a back payment for letting them get LMA last year. Though I could be off on all of this.

If his contract can be traded and TD keep his cash, then I like your idea. Crabbe would be a good pickup.

GSH
07-03-2016, 05:39 PM
I'd like to see what Bourousis can do. And having lived in Latvia I'm rooting for Bertans by default.

I'm not sure Timmy is done. I've heard conflicting reports. Some saying he was at the meeting with KD, others saying he wasn't. Not that it means too much either way in relation to his retirement.

If he retires though, isn't up to the club with his contract whether they pay him? I certainly could be wrong, but if we trade the contract to another club they don't have to shell out for him if he retires. Spurs would, I guess, because its effectively a back payment for letting them get LMA last year. Though I could be off on all of this.

If his contract can be traded and TD keep his cash, then I like your idea. Crabbe would be a good pickup.

They would trade Duncan to another team, and THEN he retires. As of right now, he is still an NBA player, and his contract is binding. I could be wrong, but I think the other team can still spread his contract over three years. He gets paid, and they get to clear $4M this season. (Although they do have to carry $2M each of the next two seasons.) There are going to be some teams trying to make acquisitions where $4M could make a difference.

Chinook
07-03-2016, 07:52 PM
I'm starting to think the best thing the team could do is use some of the money they're saving by not signing anyone noteworthy to guarantee money to the best prospects they can. So like what they did with Simmons and Jimmer last year but with five or six guys. Sure, they'd throw away a couple million bucks, but they could probably get the cream of the crop from the summer league. Dunno if Forbes will break out, but it would be great if he were already locked up just in case. And if he sucks, just cut him and eat the dead money.

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 09:52 PM
I'm starting to think the best thing the team could do is use some of the money they're saving by not signing anyone noteworthy to guarantee money to the best prospects they can. So like what they did with Simmons and Jimmer last year but with five or six guys. Sure, they'd throw away a couple million bucks, but they could probably get the cream of the crop from the summer league. Dunno if Forbes will break out, but it would be great if he were already locked up just in case. And if he sucks, just cut him and eat the dead money.

I think you have a good idea on what they are kind of already doing. Not only in the rookies they are bringing, but Ryan Arcidiacono and Forbes. They are two shooters. On the one hand they drafted a very young and raw rookie who has the physical tools at least to be able to start in the team in about 3 years when Tony is coming off his big contract, if he develops at least comparably to Cojo (and he could potentially be much better). On the other hand, they have picked up some guards with a low ceiling but who can shoot right away and can provide spacing for our forwards or fill a Patty Mills role is he signs elsewhere in 2017.

Proxy
07-04-2016, 05:15 AM
https://i.imgur.com/FkS8tFF.png

07-04-2016, 01:14 PM
Spurs should definitely lie low this year and don't sign any long term contracts that can eat up too much cap space. Then swing for the fences for a player like CP3 or Westbrook next year. Big name FA's will now be more amenable to joining the Spurs after The Decision 3.0

Just take the punt this year and develop the young players.