PDA

View Full Version : Aldridge's contract

Tully365
07-01-2016, 01:25 PM
Looking at what's happening this off season in free agency, the Spurs press to sign Aldridge last season looks smarter than ever. Even if you're not a complete fan of Aldridge's game, it's impossible to argue that he's overpaid... and after next year, he'll be even more of a bargain. There was definitely some luck involved in the timing, but it was a great move to secure a max player in the summer of 2015. Kudos to RC & Pop. At best, Aldridge teams up with Kawhi to make the playoffs every year and compete for a championship. At the absolute worst, he is very desirable trade bait.

DrunkTXLabrat
07-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Anthony Davis

dabom
07-01-2016, 01:32 PM
Kawhi contract looks amazing too.

lmbebo
07-01-2016, 01:34 PM
Both were maxed out. Just the max now is larger than it was last year. Relative bargains going forward. But for Kwahi, he'll get a monster contract when his current one is up, if all things continue.

Tully365
07-01-2016, 01:35 PM
Kawhi is making Mozgov money now!

BillMc
07-01-2016, 01:39 PM
Kawhi is making Mozgov money now!

:lol Lakers.

Tully365
07-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Mike Conley 153mil/5yrs... a good player, but not a max player in the sense that he'll be the best player on a championship team.

Aldridge's contract is 80mil/4 years... that looks like a contract for a 7th man now!

Leetonidas
07-01-2016, 06:12 PM
Yep, any max contract signed before the new TV deal goes into effect is going to look amazing, especially in a couple years. Porky might actually be worth 15 million in 2018 :lol

Tully365
07-01-2016, 06:15 PM
Yep, any max contract signed before the new TV deal goes into effect is going to look amazing, especially in a couple years. Porky might actually be worth 15 million in 2018 :lol

In 2018, Parker will probably be getting about the standard pay for a veteran back up PG.

SupremeGuy
07-01-2016, 06:15 PM
Kawhi contract looks amazing too.This. It's fucking incredible. :lol

Leetonidas
07-01-2016, 06:16 PM
And just think. Stephen Curry is making like 12 million a season while Mike fucking Conley is going to be making 30+ :lmao

houston spurs fan
07-01-2016, 06:17 PM
I wonder why NBA players don't hold out like in the NFL

Tully365
07-01-2016, 06:19 PM
Conley will be making about the same $$ as Curry & Kawhi combined... the guys that finished #1 & #2 in the MVP vote.

Kawhitstorm
07-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Conley will be making about the same $$ as Curry & Kawhi combined... the guys that finished #1 & #2 in the MVP vote.

Kawhi's contract will be the best bargain contract when Curry signs the Super Max next summer.:lol

Tully365
07-01-2016, 06:34 PM
This off season is starting to look like the Stock Market Mania that ended in the Great Depression...

Spurs9
07-01-2016, 07:23 PM
Curry contract is unreal

Strategic
07-01-2016, 08:21 PM
I wonder why NBA players don't hold out like in the NFLMaybe TP will hold out this year.

Nathan89
07-01-2016, 08:40 PM
I wonder why NBA players don't hold out like in the NFL

They aren't allowed to do that.

Tully365
07-02-2016, 12:54 PM
:lol 4 years/$80mil...

It looks like ancient history now! Like your grandfather telling a story about how he worked for $5 a day, and was thrilled at the end of the week to have $25 in his hand.

cd98
07-02-2016, 01:36 PM
They aren't allowed to do that.

Yep, in the NBA, those contracts are guaranteed absent some major character violation, like murdering someone. In the NFL, other than the signing bonus, ownership can revoke contracts at any time.

Sean Cagney
07-02-2016, 01:41 PM
Mike Conley 153mil/5yrs... a good player, but not a max player in the sense that he'll be the best player on a championship team.

Aldridge's contract is 80mil/4 years... that looks like a contract for a 7th man now!
Right, Conley is a good solid PG but he is far from a max player IMO and definitely not a franchise player like he is getting paid. That contract is insane.

LMA = STEAL right now, wow.

Tully365
07-02-2016, 02:02 PM
Right, Conley is a good solid PG but he is far from a max player IMO and definitely not a franchise player like he is getting paid. That contract is insane.

LMA = STEAL right now, wow.

Memphis was in a tough position to max Conley out or lose him, but I just don't know if this ultimately helps the overall health of the franchise... Manu Ginobili in his prime had a bigger influence on winning than Conley does, and he never got close to being maxed out, much less being the highest paid player in the league.

I understand the changing Salary Cap & NBA profits being at an all time high, but some of this free agency frenzy still reeks of an irrational Stock Market or Real Estate run... what happens if a serious recession or depression hits the global economy in the next 5 years? You'll have players that are 35 & far past their primes being owed $30mil for one year as a bench player... We'll see-- it's going to be interesting for sure.

SPURt
07-02-2016, 02:05 PM
Memphis was in a tough position to max Conley out or lose him, but I just don't know if this ultimately helps the overall health of the franchise... Manu Ginobili in his prime had a bigger influence on winning than Conley does, and he never got close to being maxed out, much less being the highest paid player in the league.

I understand the changing Salary Cap & NBA profits being at an all time high, but some of this free agency frenzy still reeks of an irrational Stock Market or Real Estate run... what happens if a serious recession or depression hits the global economy in the next 5 years? You'll have players that are 35 & far past their primes being owed $30mil for one year as a bench player... We'll see-- it's going to be interesting for sure.
+1 great post. Memphis will not win a chip with Conley at point

Sean Cagney
07-02-2016, 02:10 PM

They will regret that contract in a few years, quite a few teams will. Watch. I agree.

07-02-2016, 03:51 PM
I understand the changing Salary Cap & NBA profits being at an all time high, but some of this free agency frenzy still reeks of an irrational Stock Market or Real Estate run... what happens if a serious recession or depression hits the global economy in the next 5 years?
People are disgusted by how much the NBA players are making these days but remember who keeps the money if the players don't get paid. It's the billionaire owners. I rather the players (the actual assets and content creators) get paid over the owners stuffing their bank accounts with more cash.

The NBA has a very fair profit sharing model, I believe it's 51/49 in favor of the owners. NBA players are entitled to a % of the revenue and that is their right. They negotiated it with the owners and both sides agreed to it. Revenue might dip but even the 2008 recession didn't threaten this system. Cap still went up and the valuation of teams still went up. The NBA signed a new TV deal so they know how much money to expect in the future. Don't worry about the billionaires, they will be just fine.

Tully365
07-02-2016, 04:00 PM
People are disgusted by how much the NBA players are making these days

I'm not disgusted-- the environment just reminds me of the real estate craze of the early 2000s where people thought it was inconceivable that value could ever go down.

DJR210
07-02-2016, 04:17 PM
:lmao Mozgov aka Robert Sacre 2.0 making a tad less than Aldridge

:lmao Lakers

Tully365
07-02-2016, 04:28 PM
I've always like Biyombo, but in the course of one season he went from being a bargain back up big to a 4 yr/$70mil guy...