PDA

View Full Version : Woman alleges Bucks player fondled, punched her

ducks
10-03-2005, 05:36 PM
Woman alleges Bucks player fondled, punched her

Milwaukee police said today they plan to question recently acquired Milwaukee Bucks player Bobby Simmons following an early morning incident Saturday in which a woman said he fondled and punched her.

Bobby Simmons was signed by the Bucks in the off-season.

Simmons is accused of fondling a 25-year-old woman around 2 a.m. Saturday morning in a car after leaving a downtown bar, said Lt. Mark Ciske, of the department's Sensitive Crimes Unit.

After leaving The Jungle, 618 N. Broadway St., the woman asked for a ride and got into Simmons' car, Ciske said. Another person also was in the car, he said.

The woman told police Simmons fondled her and then punched her in the face, Ciske said. The woman then got out of the car, which was not moving, he said. She reported the incident a short time later, he said.

Officers plan to arrest Simmons on suspicion of misdemeanor fourth-degree sexual assault and misdemeanor battery, Ciske said.

Simmons, at the Bucks' media day this morning, said he's "very confident" he'll be exonerated.

"I’m really not talking about it. I’m cooperating fully," Simmons said. "I came to Milwaukee for basketball, not for anything like this."

Bucks general manager Larry Harris said the team would support Simmons through the legal process.

"Certainly we’re aware of the allegation," Harris said. "It’s an ongoing process and hopefully this thing will get resolved shortly."

Simmons, 25, was one of the most sought-after free agents on the NBA market this summer. He was named the league's most improved player after averaging 16.4 points and 5.9 rebounds in 37.3 minutes per game with the Los Angeles Clippers last season.

Team workouts across the league start Tuesday.

Bucks general manager Larry Harris targeted Simmons early in the free-agent negotiating period and reached a verbal agreement with him on July 8. He signed a five-year, $47 million free-agent contract in August and is expected to play a major role in helping the Bucks bounce back from a 30-52 record to make the playoffs this season.

Simmons was introduced as a Buck at a news conference Aug. 8 at the Cousins Center. At the news conference were Simmons' fiancée and 5-year-old son.

Simmons was a high school and college standout in Chicago where he attended Simeon High School and spent three seasons at DePaul University before entering the NBA draft as an early entry candidate in 2001.

Last year was a breakout season for Simmons, who finally landed a starting spot after being taken by Seattle in the second round of the 2001 NBA draft, and being dealt to Washington the same night.

He played in only 66 games during his first two seasons with the Wizards and started just five. But he played in 131 games during the last two seasons with the Clippers.

He shot 43.5% from three-point range last season and 84.6% at the foul line, and he had a career-best 106 steals.

boutons
10-03-2005, 06:05 PM
fuck-a-ducks forum

thispego
10-03-2005, 06:05 PM
can we please get another sexual assault case at the beginning of the nba season? can we? please?

ShoogarBear
10-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Damn LeBron!

Shelly
10-03-2005, 06:13 PM
Are we sure that wasn't Jim in disguise?????

thispego
10-03-2005, 06:14 PM
lolol

ducks
10-03-2005, 06:25 PM
fuck-a-ducks forum
?

Sense
10-03-2005, 07:43 PM
?

I think he ment "WRONG-forum"

Obstructed_View
10-04-2005, 01:33 AM
As in "I don't see the word 'Spurs' anywhere" forum.

Dre_7
10-04-2005, 03:54 AM
Glad SA didnt get him. I know alota posters wanted him on the Spurs.

Kori Ellis
10-04-2005, 04:05 AM
After leaving The Jungle, 618 N. Broadway St., the woman asked for a ride and got into Simmons' car, Ciske said. Another person also was in the car, he said.

The woman told police Simmons fondled her and then punched her in the face, Ciske said. The woman then got out of the car, which was not moving, he said. She reported the incident a short time later, he said.

There's got to be more to the story than that. Who fondles someone and then punches them in the face? It's a weird story.

I'll wait to hear more details.

MI21
10-04-2005, 07:00 AM
Simmons has the reputation of being a good guy, I'll wait for more details like Kori said earlier.

batman2883
10-04-2005, 08:32 AM
AWWW i thought he donkey punched her

j-6
10-04-2005, 10:24 AM
I don't buy this. Simmons spends two years in LA with all that Cali talent, and never did anything. He's in Milwaukee for three months and he's groping a chick at last call in a place called "The Jungle"?

Then he punched her? Whatever. She's looking for quick money since putting someone else's detached finger in the chili at Wendy's doesn't work anymore.

cheguevara
10-04-2005, 10:31 AM
This seems more logical:
she jumped in his car, he said get the fuck out you ugly ho, and she made up a story

boutons
10-04-2005, 02:36 PM
he fondles

she slaps

he slugs

Obstructed_View
10-04-2005, 04:43 PM
She comes on to him, he smells a rat, he tells her to buzz off, she files a police report.

John T
10-04-2005, 06:06 PM
I wonder who the third person in the vehicle was? A friend of his or hers? That will make a difference in the story that comes out I think.

Carie