07-02-2016, 07:43 AM
Looks legit.

:lmao Lakers

Mal
07-02-2016, 07:45 AM
Needed this photoshopped cover of Howard and Nash with Mozgov and Deng

midnightpulp
07-02-2016, 07:46 AM
Blame this on D'Snitch. If he didn't act like a faggot, the Lakers could've just retained Nick Young for basically nothing as their backup SF.

And :lol giving a 31 year old Deng 4 years.

LkrFan
07-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Needed this photoshopped cover of Howard and Nash with Mozgov and Deng

:lol

LkrFan
07-02-2016, 07:47 AM
:lol at today's Lakers

baseline bum
07-02-2016, 07:49 AM
:lol Todays Buss family

TheGreatYacht
07-02-2016, 07:51 AM
Game planned for Whiteside and DeRozan, locked up a 30yr old with bad knees and a "31" yr old for 4 years

Start looking forward to the 2021 free agency period, Lakerfan :downspin:

Mitch

TheGreatYacht
07-02-2016, 08:06 AM

They were selling your shit.

Mal
07-02-2016, 08:12 AM
Blame this on D'Snitch. If he didn't act like a faggot, the Lakers could've just retained Nick Young for basically nothing as their backup SF.

Deng might be 35 yrs, never be sure with that.

LittleCriminal
07-02-2016, 08:14 AM
Where is the parrot and foolaids btw?

LittleCriminal
07-02-2016, 08:16 AM
136 mil on Mozgov and Deng lol

midnightpulp
07-02-2016, 08:16 AM
Looking at Deng's position stats, he played 75% of the time at PF in Miami. So this signing has Walton all over it, trying to create a super poor man's version of GS's death squad lineup. Problem is, Julian Randle is ten universes away from Draymond Green. Randle's lack of length (which Draymond has in spades) will always prevent him from being a legit small ball 4. Not to mention Julian can't shoot worth a shit.

Walton is trying to run before he can walk.

Another theory I read from the fine basketball minds at LG was that Deng was brought into "mentor" Ingram. Deng is still 31 and was a decent player last season. What armchair GMs always fail to understand is that these are professional players with egos, and Deng isn't going to just contently step aside and mentor the youth at the expense of his own play. And paying 18 per year for a "mentor" is just :lol

But I really think this was Walton's small ball vision.

Raven
07-02-2016, 08:19 AM
Looking at Deng's position stats, he played 75% of the time at PF in Miami. So this signing has Walton all over it, trying to create a super poor man's version of GS's death squad lineup. Problem is, Julian Randle is ten universes away from Draymond Green. Randle's lack of length (which Draymond has in spades) will always prevent him from being a legit small ball 4. Not to mention Julian can't shoot worth a shit.

Walton is trying to run before he can walk.

Another theory I read from the fine basketball minds at LG was that Deng was brought into "mentor" Ingram. Deng is still 31 and was a decent player last season. What armchair GMs always fail to understand is that these are professional players with egos, and Deng isn't going to just contently step aside and mentor the youth at the expense of his own play. And paying 18 per year for a "mentor" is just :lol

But I really think this was Walton's small ball vision.

i don't even think they consider randle as a longterm member of the team, honestly...

Biggems
07-02-2016, 08:21 AM
I feel the lakers should have simply signed low priced garbage other than paying their own, like clarkson. Suck for 1 more year, get a high pick, then go after next year's buffet of high quality FAs.

midnightpulp
07-02-2016, 08:29 AM
I also think trying to replicate the Warriors is a mistake. First of all, they have two of the most unique players in NBA history in Raymond and Steph, along with one of the best long distance shooting guards in the NBA. It's a copycat league, but you need to copy quickly before the league adjusts, and given the fact the Thunder had the Warriors pretty much figured out until they choked tells me the league has caught on. Just like the league caught onto the Spurs's "Beautiful Game."

The theory with system building is to build the system around the particular skillsets of your players and not force players into a system of your choosing. And since the Lakers core is very young, we have little idea of what that core really excels in yet.

Twisted_Dawg
07-02-2016, 08:34 AM
Good backup plan just in case (most likely) Ingram busts out next year

Still.... The most cap out of every team and they get Mozgov and Deng :lmao

More so than Conley and Parsons with the Jizz?

apalisoc_9
07-02-2016, 08:37 AM
I also think trying to replicate the Warriors is a mistake. First of all, they have two of the most unique players in NBA history in Raymond and Steph, along with one of the best long distance shooting guards in the NBA. It's a copycat league, but you need to copy quickly before the league adjusts, and given the fact the Thunder had the Warriors pretty much figured out until they choked tells me the league has caught on. Just like the league caught onto the Spurs's "Beautiful Game."

The theory with system building is to build the system around the particular skillsets of your players and not force players into a system of your choosing. And since the Lakers core is very young, we have little idea of what that core really excels in yet.

Correct. Coaches need to stop replicating systems and trends. They need to start building a balanced roster and figure out a system that fits their personel.

I swear coaches arent even drawing. They just try to duplicate everything.

RsxPiimp
07-02-2016, 08:39 AM
Don't mind this if it's a short deal, he was obviously offered a deal he couldn't resist to come in and baby sit the Lakers. Deng was one of my choices but I was hoping a 2 yr deal, 4 yrs @ $72 million tho lol...

RsxPiimp
07-02-2016, 08:40 AM
More so than Conley and Parsons with the Jizz?

Honestly, I've shitted on the Lakers FO this summer but I think the Grizzlies are the biggest losers in this FA. $240 million for Conley and Parsons lmao...

InRareForm
07-02-2016, 08:55 AM
The guy is going to get some injury and just get paid big bux

Killakobe81
07-02-2016, 08:57 AM
More expensive dwll to mavs deal tbh ...
Deng was rumored as a lakers target in a potential Kobe trade years ago ...
Mitch finally git his man but the washed up version, just like dwill with Mavs...
I hate this deal and i hate almost every deal lakers and everyone else made in FA ...clarkson, drumond probably only a handful that made sense to me ...
But good for the union ...
Btw I think this is another 4th year team option but who knows?
The unofficial tank continues

Killakobe81
07-02-2016, 09:01 AM
i don't even think they consider randle as a longterm member of the team, honestly...

A lot longer than Philly considers Oak

Mal
07-02-2016, 09:11 AM
Still better offseason that Mavs are having :lmao

StrengthAndHonor
07-02-2016, 09:47 AM
I don't know why people are laughing. Deng will give you 20-25 mins of solid effort. He's brought in to mentor another Dukie. He's a high character guy that will do everything for your team. The Lakers doesn't have any leadership and Deng can provide this foundation on the floor.

Mugen
07-02-2016, 09:50 AM
Deng is a nice player in a vacuum. 18 mil isn't even too crazy considering the current market....

But you don't pay 4yr/72 for a guy that plays the two positions where you're trying to develop your rookies just cuz he's a good mentor. It also pretty much guarantees that they'll have to give up that Top 3 pick in next year's stacked draft.....

StrengthAndHonor
07-02-2016, 09:56 AM
Game planned for Whiteside and DeRozan, locked up a 30yr old with bad knees and a "31" yr old for 4 years

Start looking forward to the 2021 free agency period, Lakerfan :downspin:

Mitch

Mozgov is a 3 year deal, Deng is only 31. Considering the fact Turner and Bazemore were paid the same amount of money, this is looking like a perfect acquisition for a team developing a winning culture.

Raven
07-02-2016, 10:03 AM
A lot longer than Philly considers Oak
so salty :lol

Killakobe81
07-02-2016, 10:08 AM
so salty :lol

Not really i like oak, you love him and shit on Randle.
I am defending Randle and making fun of your man crush.
I dont say anything about Oak on LG ...
All teasing aside, (you do get im teasing?)
There are cats on there still in love with him, same as you.
Despite his faults i would take him on Lakers still for anyone not named Clarkson, Russell or even randle. But we have limited assets to offer. I love his mid post game hate his defense and rebounding.

midnightpulp
07-02-2016, 10:08 AM
Mozgov is a 3 year deal, Deng is only 31. Considering the fact Turner and Bazemore were paid the same amount of money, this is looking like a perfect acquisition for a team developing a winning culture.

Deng is an old 31, and a 4 year deal at 18 per isn't horrendous, but they could've gotten a combo forward like Teletovic or Marvin Williams for much cheaper, both of whom produce as well as Deng. Typical Lakers, though. Going for the "name."

And :lol signing Deng to "develop a winning culture." What has he ever won in the NBA?

This wasn't Mozgoof/Mike Conley bad, but the Lakers could've done better.

AlexJones
07-02-2016, 10:10 AM
Average player tbh

Killakobe81
07-02-2016, 10:15 AM
Deng is an old 31, and a 4 year deal at 18 per isn't horrendous, but they could've gotten a combo forward like Teletovic or Marvin Williams for much cheaper, both of whom produce as well as Deng. Typical Lakers, though. Going for the "name."

And :lol signing Deng to "develop a winning culture." What has he ever won in the NBA?

I liked williams dont think he will be cheaper but we will see ...

Raven
07-02-2016, 10:17 AM
Not really i like oak, you love him and shit on Randle.
I am defending Randle and making fun of your man crush.
I dont say anything about Oak on LG ...
All teasing aside, (you do get im teasing?)
There are cats on there still in love with him, same as you.
Despite his faults i would take him on Lakers still for anyone not named Clarkson, Russell or even randle. But we have limited assets to offer. I love his mid post game hate his defense and rebounding.

it's a matter of potential, to me it's funny to compare okafor to any of the players the lakers have even if you combine them. No player on the lakers roster has the potential to be a top 20 player at his position, okafor has the potential to be the best center in the league. I'm not counting ingram in the discussion.

StrengthAndHonor
07-02-2016, 10:20 AM

Mid, Marvin Williams does not make sense for them, so does Teletovic. These are players that will serve their own agendas, which is to produce as much as possible for their next respective contracts. They are exactly the type of players that will slow down the progression of Ingram and Randle.

Deng is costly, true but what you get is a guy who won't complain and he knows there's a trade off coming in. The Lakers paid him a generous amount to do something no other Free Agent would do, which is to mentor and sacrifice any chances of winning a title.

Killakobe81
07-02-2016, 10:21 AM
it's a matter of potential, to me it's funny to compare okafor to any of the players the lakers have even if you combine them. No player on the lakers roster has the potential to be a top 20 player at his position, okafor has the potential to be the best center in the league. I'm not counting ingram in the discussion.

Doubtful. Towns has more potential plays both ends. Davis is probably transitioning to a small ball era center. Yes center is a weak position saying oak can be one of the best in a shallow field dorsnt mean much tbh. And you way overstate hos potential especially when the sixers with a new FO value Embid, Noel and Jerian grant more ..i am excluding Simmons.

StrengthAndHonor
07-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Advance statistics already show Russell to be a better player than Okafor. If this is 95, where Raw stats are valued then you may have a point. Okafor's game doesn't sync in today's game. He's a poor rebounding big man with no defensive presence. Guards like Russell are better equipped to succeed in this league.

midnightpulp
07-02-2016, 10:25 AM
Mid, Marvin Williams does not make sense for them, so does Teletovic. These are players that will serve their own agendas, which is to produce as much as possible for their next respective contracts. They are exactly the type of players that will slow down the progression of Ingram and Randle.

Deng is costly, true but what you get is a guy who won't complain and he knows there's a trade off coming in. The Lakers paid him a generous amount to do something no other Free Agent would do, which is to mentor and sacrifice any chances of winning a title.

I think Raven nailed it when he said that they don't see Randle in their future (unless he has a huge year as small ball center). As I said, Deng is basically a stretch 4 these days, so signing him does in fact affect Randle's development.

You might be right about Williams and Teletovic being contract whores, but we really don't know that. And we can't assume Deng will just willingly sacrifice, even if he did sell the Lakers a line of gab. "Sure, Luke. Whatever you want. Gonna love helping those boys."

And who knows, maybe the Lakers do in fact see Deng as crucial offensive piece to get them back to playing respectable basketball. Time Warner is probably getting edgy, and doesn't want to see another 17-20 win season again.

StrengthAndHonor
07-02-2016, 10:28 AM

I just want to touch up on this too, developing a winning culture isn't exclusive to championship rings:lol JR Smith has one but no one would pick friend killer to bring championship experience to a team.

Raven
07-02-2016, 10:32 AM
Doubtful. Towns has more potential plays both ends. Davis is probably transitioning to a small ball era center. Yes center is a weak position saying oak can be one of the best in a shallow field dorsnt mean much tbh. And you way overstate hos potential especially when the sixers with a new FO value Embid, Noel and Jerian grant more ..i am excluding Simmons.

how is philly's front office in any way relevant? they are simply trying to find a way to play noel and the truth is that noel is a massive bust even if he was mostly healthy. he just is an undersized weak center with no real purpose on a winning team. At some point they will realize that i guess.. i don't know about embid but i doubt he is as good as okafor. Davis is a pf, come on. Currently cousins is the best center and i can see okafor being better than him.

Raven
07-02-2016, 10:33 AM
Advance statistics already show Russell to be a better player than Okafor. If this is 95, where Raw stats are valued then you may have a point. Okafor's game doesn't sync in today's game. He's a poor rebounding big man with no defensive presence. Guards like Russell are better equipped to succeed in this league.

only retards use statistics on rookies. no offense.

td4mvp2k
07-02-2016, 10:35 AM
this sh*t just gets better and better :lol

StrengthAndHonor
07-02-2016, 10:36 AM
I think Raven nailed it when he said that they don't see Randle in their future (unless he has a huge year as small ball center). As I said, Deng is basically a stretch 4 these days, so signing him does in fact affect Randle's development.

You might be right about Williams and Teletovic being contract whores, but we really don't know that. And we can't assume Deng will just willingly sacrifice, even if he did sell the Lakers a line of gab. "Sure, Luke. Whatever you want. Gonna love helping those boys."

And who knows, maybe the Lakers do in fact see Deng as crucial offensive piece to get them back to playing respectable basketball. Time Warner is probably getting edgy, and doesn't want to see another 17-20 win season again.

I think one thing is for sure though, they are going to show massive improvement. It's not enough to lure Tier A free agents like Westbrook but they'll have progress.

A recent statistic shows successful franchise build through draft, if their quad starts showing signs of life and potential and the numbers in the win column increases, then getting pieces they want wouldn't be too much of an issue. But they have to dig themselves out of this hole,

Splits
07-02-2016, 10:40 AM
Now the Lakers have a little African in them

StrengthAndHonor
07-02-2016, 10:40 AM
only retards use statistics on rookies. no offense.
If you're not going to use statistics and we know damn sure you don't watch 82 games for a comprehensive comparison, then doesn't that make you a dumbass for refusing to look at variables? No offense...

Donkeybong
07-02-2016, 10:45 AM

Couldn't agree more.

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2016, 10:47 AM
Not a bad signing IMO..Lakers' roster is full of youth, they needed a vet that can produce a little on the court, not bad..they had to spend the money, anyways, and their options are probably limitd..

Everything involving the Lakers has to be graded differently, tbh..D'Tective's actions have set them back years, as expected..

Raven
07-02-2016, 10:51 AM
If you're not going to use statistics and we know damn sure you don't watch 82 games for a comprehensive comparison, then doesn't that make you a dumbass for refusing to look at variables? No offense...

you don't need to see 82 games to find that out, but you do need to see some games for it, anyway it's pretty clear that the knock on okafor's rebounding was flat out wrong and that he understand defensive rotations and can defend the rim too. On the other side, he has the most polished offensive game of any center since cousins and that was true, so what remains is a 20 years old guy with prototypical body, a great offensive game and solid basis to become at least a decent defender. Of course he is not for every system, but that is not his fault, talent raises to top. The lakers have a proven bust like randle who is a slowass undersized pf that can't shoot and doesn't understand the first thing about team ball, a dumb kid that can barely shoot that was advertised as a curry type that gets blown by on every possession and has shown terrible court vision and no understanding of the game. the only guy they can actually work on is larry nance who could be a small ball enforcer, the rest are just what i call the "loser type" of players.. clarkson also falls in this category

midnightpulp
07-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Not a bad signing IMO..Lakers' roster is full of youth, they needed a vet that can produce a little on the court, not bad..they had to spend the money, anyways, and their options are probably limitd..

Everything involving the Lakers has to be graded differently, tbh..D'Tective's actions have set them back years, as expected..

True. Deng is British via Africa, so he probably doesn't look down on snitching like a native African-American. Knowing the British, he probably considered what D'Snitch did "just a bit 'o banter, mate."

I would guess most African American FAs are hanging up on the phone when Mitch calls :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2016, 11:01 AM
True. Deng is British via Africa, so he probably doesn't look down on snitching like a native African-American. Knowing the British, he probably considered what D'Snitch did "just a bit 'o banter, mate."

I would guess most African American FAs are hanging up on the phone when Mitch calls :lol
Yep, he's also like 35 years old, so he's probably at a point in his life where he just wants the $ and touches..

As I said last year, some people may not understand, but Russell's actions will have serious implications..the Lakers will either need to move him, or he's gonna have to rehabilitate his entire image(which can only be done on the court, he has to have a dominant season)..

Otherwise, Lakers will be stuck with Europeans and older players, since snitching doesn't resonate with the former, and the older players are at a different point in life..

Chucho
07-02-2016, 11:05 AM
KillaKobe is a man. I will go on record and state he is a MAN. He stands behind his team through thick and thin. Even though his namesake left that franchise a literal pissed stained matress that no respectable player will touch and while my thesis is now fact showing the shit signings they are reduced to, he is still standing and fighting for his piss stained matress. Killa has my respect and had been removed from the same social order that house KidTocuha, Thread and his fat wife and that other queer. Cheers, Killa. You dont suck as much as you did 48 hours ago.

HarlemHeat37
07-02-2016, 11:06 AM
KillaKobe is a man. I will go on record and state he is a MAN. He stands behind his team through thick and thin. Even though his namesake left that franchise a literal pissed stained matress that no respectable player will touch and while my thesis is now fact showing the shit signings they are reduced to, he is still standing and fighting for his piss stained matress. Killa has my respect and had been removed from the same social order that house KidTocuha, Thread and his fat wife and that other queer. Cheers, Killa. You dont suck as much as you did 48 hours ago.

whitemamba
07-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Damn, I've always like LD, but4/72 million my goodness Mitch.

Raven
07-02-2016, 11:11 AM

yeah the amount of self delusion he is going through is truly remarkable :lol i mean he was laughing at anyone paying big money for young medium average players with potential like the guy in utah, and saying how he doesn't want to max harrison barnes or anyone other than KD and LJ and instead he gets fuckin broken mozgov and tosb deng :lol:lol:lol must be hard, but commendable effort :lol

Mugen
07-02-2016, 11:26 AM
They probably would have been better off giving Joe Johnson the same contract Utah did tbh. Same mentor/veteran spiel you get with Deng but you're in a better position to be bad enough to keep the Top 3 pick for next year's draft.

The signing is a combo of Luke Walton's influence + Mitch coming to terms with Julius "Brandon Bass Ceiling" Randle as a garbage prospect tbh

Splits
07-02-2016, 11:28 AM
A recent statistic shows successful franchise build through draft, if their quad starts showing signs of life and potential and the numbers in the win column increases, then getting pieces they want wouldn't be too much of an issue. But they have to dig themselves out of this hole,

Uh huh. Link it.

DJR210
07-02-2016, 11:39 AM
Still.... The most cap out of every team and they get Mozgov and Deng :lmao

:lmao people are raging in LA

Splits
07-02-2016, 11:39 AM

They still have him on their roster.

StrengthAndHonor
07-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Uh huh. Link it.
As if the Spurs and The Warriors aren't proof enough:lol

DPG21920
07-02-2016, 11:54 AM
LA should be judged differently and at the end of the day nothing they did is catastrophic but none of it is good either and makes no sense.

They aren't going to compete for the playoffs at all. I don't buy into mentorship (not at 18M) and they should have done what POR did which is take fliers on all upside guys and/or used their space to get assets (draft picks, etc..) instead of signing guys that hurt you, have no long-term future and won't attract FA (and eat up space next year) either.

ElNono
07-02-2016, 12:09 PM
that's a great retirement/farewell deal, tbh... good for Deng...

LkrFan
07-02-2016, 12:15 PM

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2016, 12:17 PM
:lmao...looks like my NBA-watching hiatus will continue

da_suns_fan
07-02-2016, 12:30 PM
I don't know why people are laughing. Deng will give you 20-25 mins of solid effort. He's brought in to mentor another Dukie. He's a high character guy that will do everything for your team. The Lakers doesn't have any leadership and Deng can provide this foundation on the floor.

THeres basically 2-3 guys this board WONT laugh at. When they hired Walton they laughed. Who SHOULD they have hired?

Deng is a nice pickup for them. Veteran leadership on a team thats REALLY young.

Raven
07-02-2016, 12:42 PM
THeres basically 2-3 guys this board WONT laugh at. When they hired Walton they laughed. Who SHOULD they have hired?

Deng is a nice pickup for them. Veteran leadership on a team thats REALLY young.

well what is the plan?

as far as i can tell the plan seems to be to build through the draft and add experienced people to build a winning culture. That however is not the way they act or see themselves in. They are the guys who know nothing about drafting and have made their living by exploiting their positional advantage. If they want to do anything in the long run, they need to go the philly/minnesota way until they have drafted three franchise players, only then start with three agency. Any derailing from this philosophy is bound to make them the new rockets at best. If I was the owner, the first thing I would do is fire Mitch..

Chillen
07-02-2016, 12:46 PM
WTF are the Lakers thinking? spending all that on Mozgov and Deng? probably won't make the playoffs anyway so I don't get the urge to blow capspace on players they can do without really.

Sean Cagney
07-02-2016, 12:46 PM

Who might that be? They were selling your shit and Amy took your first 5th from you? That guy?

Tully365
07-02-2016, 12:50 PM
The evolution of the Lakers as a destination where top free agents don't want to go continues...

It used to be a situation where the Lakers could generate buzz by simply letting it be known they were interested... that's not the case today. The Lakers are marginally better, sure, but it would've been almost impossible to not improve after last season's debacle. A 30 win team is generically "better," sure, but I wonder if they've done enough to set themselves up as a destination for next year's free agent class...

AlexJones
07-02-2016, 01:02 PM
:lmao...looks like my NBA-watching hiatus will continue
You didn't watch G7 of Finals?

jeebus
07-02-2016, 01:11 PM
Deng saw Achilles get a massive farewell deal so he figured why not. I wonder if the Lakers will let him jack up 60 shots in his last game tbh.

Thread
07-02-2016, 01:18 PM

GIGO.

Though as long as you don't get Durant, or, Gasol (again) I'll live.

LkrFan
07-02-2016, 01:20 PM

Thread
07-02-2016, 01:21 PM

Suns too. He's whiter than white.

DeadlyDynasty
07-02-2016, 01:22 PM
You didn't watch G7 of Finals?
Only saw G2 of the Finals...been busy and the schedule was 7 hours ahead over here

TDMVPDPOY
07-02-2016, 01:25 PM
man why didnt they just re-sign kirby for the tank commander next few more seasons instead of signing deng and mozgov

Raven
07-02-2016, 01:29 PM
man why didnt they just re-sign kirby for the tank commander next few more seasons instead of signing deng and mozgov

they didn't want his farewell tour and his HOF induction overshadowed by better players retiring in the same year.

Killakobe81
07-02-2016, 01:50 PM
yeah the amount of self delusion he is going through is truly remarkable :lol i mean he was laughing at anyone paying big money for young medium average players with potential like the guy in utah, and saying how he doesn't want to max harrison barnes or anyone other than KD and LJ and instead he gets fuckin broken mozgov and tosb deng :lol:lol:lol must be hard, but commendable effort :lol

We overpaid but it wasnt max i take some solace in it.
We still gonna suck but my principles remain clear.
Thing that truly sucks if it was up to mitch we would have overpaid batum and whiteside ...

Raven
07-02-2016, 01:53 PM
Thing that truly sucks if it was up to mitch we would have overpaid batum and whiteside ...

i really don't see how it is better to pay for mozgov, deng and ryan anderson the amount of money you would pay for batum and whiteside..

RsxPiimp
07-02-2016, 01:56 PM
LA should be judged differently and at the end of the day nothing they did is catastrophic but none of it is good either and makes no sense.

They aren't going to compete for the playoffs at all. I don't buy into mentorship (not at 18M) and they should have done what POR did which is take fliers on all upside guys and/or used their space to get assets (draft picks, etc..) instead of signing guys that hurt you, have no long-term future and won't attract FA (and eat up space next year) either.
Agree, $18 m for mentorship is ridiculous. We're going to come in this season full of contradiction with no structure or no clear vision.

I wish we spent that money on players that can get this process going, lets move a needle here because Mozgov and Deng will keep us in treadmill mode and what's annoying is they were granted 3-4 years :lmao

Killakobe81
07-02-2016, 01:59 PM
i really don't see how it is better to pay for mozgov, deng and ryan anderson the amount of money you would pay for batum and whiteside..

Raven if we pay thise guys we win what 35-40 games max.
And after 3 years we still owe them max and i doubt we see the even the 2nd round ...plus our youth is blocked. Sure this current team is only gonna win 25 ...bit in 3 years hopefully we can sign plsyers than freaking batum and whiteside.

LkrFan
07-02-2016, 01:59 PM
they didn't want his farewell tour and his HOF induction overshadowed by better players retiring in the same year.

:lol at today's GNSFs

baseline bum
07-02-2016, 02:02 PM
And after 3 years we still owe them max and i doubt we see the even the 2nd round ...plus our youth is blocked. Sure this current team is only gonna win 25 ...bit in 3 years hopefully we can sign plsyers than freaking batum and whiteside.

Tank city for another year?

Killakobe81
07-02-2016, 02:03 PM
Agree, $18 m for mentorship is ridiculous. We're going to come in this season full of contradiction with no structure or no clear vision.

I wish we spent that money on players that can get this process going, lets move a needle here because Mozgov and Deng will keep us in treadmill mode and what's annoying is they were granted 3-4 years :lmao

I dont like it but truth is even bazemore told us no. Both guys we signed should have got 10 milion less. But im fone with moving towards youth. We need guys that can mentor and play deng can do both ...not sold on mozgof but even so glad we didnt pay conley, batum and whiteside max.

Killakobe81
07-02-2016, 02:05 PM

No choice ...tbh
We gonna suck we are and our vets are past their prime ...
I hope we get a shooter, resign black and bass snd movebon to summer league.

RsxPiimp
07-02-2016, 02:14 PM
I dont like it but truth is even bazemore told us no. Both guys we signed should have got 10 milion less. But im fone with moving towards youth. We need guys that can mentor and play deng can do both ...not sold on mozgof but even so glad we didnt pay conley, batum and whiteside max.

I wouldn't mind Whiteside, though he does have red flags, I figured if he doesn't pan out, a playoff team with a strong veteran presence could use him in 2-3 years. He could be our meal ticket for more draft picks and/or more notable players down the road, Mozgov and Deng are unlikely trade pieces. They are barely valuable now, so imagine them in 3 years. What I don't want is to be conservative in all our off season moves. Forget the names, I just want guys who can produce. I'm also not going to lie, I'm still a basketball fan and I want to be entertained. Deng and Mozgov will put me to sleep and to add insult to injury, we're also losing games.

RsxPiimp
07-02-2016, 02:15 PM
No choice ...tbh
We gonna suck we are and our vets are past their prime ...
I hope we get a shooter, resign black and bass snd movebon to summer league.

I somehow hope the Lakers sucks for another season, 2017 class is very deep. Deepest in 5 years.

Raven
07-02-2016, 02:15 PM

with those two players you guys would have had two above average players, now you have none and that's without saving any money. How is this any good?

Raven
07-02-2016, 02:16 PM

well considering their pick is top 3 protected, the signings would be even dumber then..

DMC
07-02-2016, 02:32 PM
I feel the lakers should have simply signed low priced garbage other than paying their own, like clarkson. Suck for 1 more year, get a high pick, then go after next year's buffet of high quality FAs.
Kobe retired

LittleCriminal
07-02-2016, 02:47 PM
Haha parrot and foolaids lover show up.. Still talking about nonsense per usual.
Lakers suck again for the 5th straight year.. . End of story.

Thread
07-02-2016, 02:49 PM
Haha parrot and foolaids lover show up.. Still talking about nonsense per usual.

Ha. You let Oklahoma come down there and beat your ass up.

LittleCriminal
07-02-2016, 02:50 PM
Per usual™

LkrFan
07-02-2016, 02:52 PM

Yo mamma sucks! :lol

Thread
07-02-2016, 02:52 PM
Per usual™

WTF did you call me for then? Asshole.

midnightpulp
07-02-2016, 02:53 PM
WTF did you call me for then? Asshole.

How you doing, Cub?

Indians going for their 15th in a row!

LittleCriminal
07-02-2016, 02:56 PM
Yo mamma sucks! :lol

My internet feelings hurt™

Thread
07-02-2016, 02:56 PM
How you doing, Cub?

Indians going for their 15th in a row!

I get a bigger kick out the D'Backs woes. The Giants whipped their ass last nite. I slept like a babe. Woke up about 4AM, recalled it, rolled over, and went back to sleep.

Big shots.

LittleCriminal
07-02-2016, 02:57 PM
136 mil on Mozgov and Deng lol! ™

Thread
07-02-2016, 02:58 PM
136 mil on Mozgov and Deng lol! ™

No Gasol, again & no Durant, so far.

I'm happy.

LittleCriminal
07-02-2016, 03:00 PM
Per usual™

Thread
07-02-2016, 03:01 PM
Per usual™

WTF did you call me then, asshole?

LkrFan
07-02-2016, 03:01 PM
My internet feelings hurt™

^ gets it. Good job son :lol

Raven
07-02-2016, 03:09 PM
so afflalo goes to the fucking kings for 12per year but deng gets 18 with 4 years ? :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Chris
07-02-2016, 03:40 PM
https://s15-us2.ixquick.com/cgi-bin/serveimage?url=http:%2F%2Fnesncom.files.wordpress. com%2F2014%2F03%2Fmitch-kupchak1.jpg%3Fw%3D599%26amp;h%3D337&sp=bf58d77a656b39a7898de7ca5b098959

Splits
07-03-2016, 03:07 AM
Which one of you....

PinoyLakerFan24-7
Sixth Man
http://forums.lakersground.net/images/ranks/star_rank6_1.gif

http://forums.lakersground.net/templates/uberSTYLE/images/icon_minipost.gif (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=6886028#6886028)Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:55 pm Post subject:

Love, love this signing! Deng was one of my main targets this free agency; he's both a great fit for this squad and a realistic option at the 3 spot.

What else can be said about this guy that hasn't been said already? He's gonna be a boon for this team. He's not putting up super great numbers anymore, but he can still play at a high level and has great leadership.

The best thing about this signing though, IMO, is that it's true-to-form with what Mitch is trying to accomplish this offseason; acquiring some legit veteran leadership. With Mozgov and Deng, both considered popular, high character guys in the locker room, I think we've accomplished just that.

midnightpulp
07-03-2016, 03:28 AM
Which one of you....

PinoyLakerFan24-7
Sixth Man
http://forums.lakersground.net/images/ranks/star_rank6_1.gif

http://forums.lakersground.net/templates/uberSTYLE/images/icon_minipost.gif (http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=6886028#6886028)Posted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:55 pm Post subject:

Love, love this signing! Deng was one of my main targets this free agency; he's both a great fit for this squad and a realistic option at the 3 spot.

What else can be said about this guy that hasn't been said already? He's gonna be a boon for this team. He's not putting up super great numbers anymore, but he can still play at a high level and has great leadership.

The best thing about this signing though, IMO, is that it's true-to-form with what Mitch is trying to accomplish this offseason; acquiring some legit veteran leadership. With Mozgov and Deng, both considered popular, high character guys in the locker room, I think we've accomplished just that.

Can't blame them for being excited since they have such low standards right now that to them Deng is like signing Lebron James, but paying 18 per for a "mentor" and "veteran leadership" is just stupid. Deng has a very different game from Julian/Ingram, as well.

Koolaid_Man
07-03-2016, 07:33 AM
Looks legit.

:lmao Lakers

I wish so badly that I had a comeback against you...but please be gentle with my ass Mid....either let me laugh with you at the mess the Buss family has created :lol or bend me over and be gentle and quiet about the indiscretion as you are about Tammy's homosexuality....:lol I hate to have to bend over and grab my ankles but I'm being forced

Splits
07-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Can't blame them for being excited since they have such low standards right now that to them Deng is like signing Lebron James, but paying 18 per for a "mentor" and "veteran leadership" is just stupid. Deng has a very different game from Julian/Ingram, as well.

I was talking about the username...

Harry Callahan
07-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Honestly, I've shitted on the Lakers FO this summer but I think the Grizzlies are the biggest losers in this FA. $240 million for Conley and Parsons lmao...

I agree with you...

Raven
12-10-2016, 02:25 AM

of course not :lol:lol:lol

Raven
12-10-2016, 02:31 AM

instead you have the same money on mozgov, clarckson and deng :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

spursistan
12-13-2016, 08:41 PM
Lakers really need to get rid of this terrible contract while they can; Thibs might take him off their hands..

Killakobe81
12-13-2016, 09:35 PM
instead you have the same money on mozgov, clarckson and deng :lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

Net result we still suck and would not be playing our young guys as much ...Deng finally hitting a few shots but he has been the bad signing Mozgov has been okay still overpaid ...but at least solid in stretches...

Kawhitstorm
12-13-2016, 10:51 PM
Lakers really need to get rid of this terrible contract while they can; Thibs might take him off their hands..

Thibs would probably trade LaVine for Deng.:lol