PDA

View Full Version : SOS Mavs !!!

Racspur1
07-02-2016, 10:04 AM
http://sportsdaydfw.imgix.net/1467422925-0702spo_coowlishaw_WEB.jpg?q=50&auto=format&w=900

TheGoldStandard
07-02-2016, 10:12 AM
Cubes needs to have his Lt. Dan moment.

south side spur
07-02-2016, 10:14 AM
Is there ANY way Dirk leaves?

BillMc
07-02-2016, 10:20 AM
Dirk should abandon ship.

Twisted_Dawg
07-02-2016, 10:29 AM
Didn't the ship abandon Dirk a long time ago?

cd021
07-02-2016, 10:32 AM

Cuban should have went hard after Coffee, Black tbh.

houston spurs fan
07-02-2016, 10:32 AM
http://sportsdaydfw.imgix.net/1467422925-0702spo_coowlishaw_WEB.jpg?q=50&auto=format&w=900
Classic

BillMc
07-02-2016, 10:33 AM

Truth.

Cuban should have went hard after Coffee, Black tbh.

:lol

GSH
07-02-2016, 10:40 AM

He's been the face of that franchise, as much as Duncan has been with the Spurs. (Not saying he's in the same league as Tim, so don't even go there.) He's got an owner and fans who love him being there, and show it. And he got a ring, which is a something a lot of great players can't say. There's pretty much zero chance Dirk ever plays for another NBA team.

TheGoldStandard
07-02-2016, 10:44 AM
He's been the face of that franchise, as much as Duncan has been with the Spurs. (Not saying he's in the same league as Tim, so don't even go there.) He's got an owner and fans who love him being there, and show it. And he got a ring, which is a something a lot of great players can't say. There's pretty much zero chance Dirk ever plays for another NBA team.

What they should have done is when they jettisoned everyone in 2012 they should have let Carlisle go too with the understanding they would bring him back in like 2 or 3 seasons after they tanked hard and got solid draft picks.

Rick Carlisle is a basketball guru, he's taken some really shitty teams and made them playoff decent.

BillMc
07-02-2016, 10:59 AM

I don't think he will either (though I wouldn't blame him). I said he should. Cuban disassembled their championship team without giving it a real chance to repeat so Cubes could chase phantom free agents. He wiffed on those. Then Dirk drastically cut his salary so they could attract more and field a championship team. Cuban and his FO haven't managed to do that either. Dirk is getting older and it looks like a complete rebuild is required. Why should an old veteran playout the string on a team going nowhere, especially since Cuban has squandered the opportunities Dirk's given him? Either pull a Kobe and get a max contract in Dallas or sign for a lot less on a real contender.

For the reasons you said he won't do the later. But he should consider it at least. If I'm Dirk I'd be more than a little disappointed in Cuban.

sasaint
07-02-2016, 11:07 AM
What they should have done is when they jettisoned everyone in 2012 they should have let Carlisle go too with the understanding they would bring him back in like 2 or 3 seasons after they tanked hard and got solid draft picks.

Rick Carlisle is a basketball guru, he's taken some really shitty teams and made them playoff decent.

RC (Buford) and RC (Carlisle) would have been an incredible duo... Too bad Rick worked for Cuban.

sasaint
07-02-2016, 11:09 AM
I don't think he will either (though I wouldn't blame him). I said he should. Cuban disassembled their championship team without giving it a real chance to repeat so Cubes could chase phantom free agents. He wiffed on those. Then Dirk drastically cut his salary so they could attract more and field a championship team. Cuban and his FO haven't managed to do that either. Dirk is getting older and it looks like a complete rebuild is required. Why should an old veteran playout the string on a team going nowhere, especially since Cuban has squandered the opportunities Dirk's given him? Either pull a Kobe and get a max contract in Dallas or sign for a lot less on a real contender.

For the reasons you said he won't do the later. But he should consider it at least. If I'm Dirk I'd be more than a little disappointed in Cuban.

You hit the nail on the head. I would not be entirely shocked to see Dirk sign elsewhere. I don't think most Mavs fans would blame him, either.

cd98
07-02-2016, 11:27 AM
I don't think Dirk has much left in the tank. People talk about him going to a contender, but I don't think he can put up big numbers anymore. He's on the Duncan/Manu trajectory where they can score on occassion and be effective in limited minutes, but Dirk can't play 30 minutes a game anymore. Say he went to the Spurs, I don't think that would be a game changer at all. In fact, I'd much rather have LMA.

sasaint
07-02-2016, 11:32 AM
I don't think Dirk has much left in the tank. People talk about him going to a contender, but I don't think he can put up big numbers anymore. He's on the Duncan/Manu trajectory where they can score on occassion and be effective in limited minutes, but Dirk can't play 30 minutes a game anymore. Say he went to the Spurs, I don't think that would be a game changer at all. In fact, I'd much rather have LMA.

I don't think anybody's talking about Dirk INSTEAD of LMA. He would basically be a much better DWest/Diaw.

cd98
07-02-2016, 11:34 AM
I don't think anybody's talking about Dirk INSTEAD of LMA. He would basically be a much better DWest/Diaw.

Yes, but he can't defend or rebound at all (he could do it a little in his prime). Spurs need a big more than they need Dirk. And I'd probably take a motivated Diaw (not sure we'll ever see that again) over this version of Dirk.

sasaint
07-02-2016, 11:40 AM
Yes, but he can't defend or rebound at all (he could do it a little in his prime). Spurs need a big more than they need Dirk. And I'd probably take a motivated Diaw (not sure we'll ever see that again) over this version of Dirk.

I should have stayed on the sidelines. I am not advocating Dirk, just explaining. I believe he would be very motivated. Boris will never be motivated on the court again. Wait until he comes to camp at a svelte 370 lbs.

Mr. Body
07-02-2016, 12:07 PM
Trade Pop and Diaw for Carlisle and Nowitzki. Pop can retire. I'd do it.

sasaint
07-02-2016, 12:14 PM
Trade Pop and Diaw for Carlisle and Nowitzki. Pop can retire. I'd do it.

:toast If only!

SAGirl
07-02-2016, 03:39 PM
I should have stayed on the sidelines. I am not advocating Dirk, just explaining. I believe he would be very motivated. Boris will never be motivated on the court again. Wait until he comes to camp at a svelte 370 lbs.
:lol Thanks for making me laugh. This was legit funny. I did imagine him, Jeeeessus!
:bobo

thekingrobert
07-02-2016, 06:59 PM
Harrison Barnes LOL:lol

tholdren
07-02-2016, 08:11 PM
No, then he would be a class A - ASSHOLE - Like Lebum, Doucherant, insert ring chasers/pussies here.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-04-2016, 08:52 AM
Cuban will give Boban the Arenas max, won't he? :lol

Obstructed_View
07-04-2016, 08:59 AM

Exactly this. Dirk and Wade owe no loyalty to their teams. At all.

houston spurs fan
07-04-2016, 09:53 AM
Harrison Barns getting full max offer...Desperate times, have fun with another 7 seed and 1st round exit...Jazz and Pels are coming for that spot though!

Dverde
07-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Maybe Houston makes another run at Dirk.

houston spurs fan
07-04-2016, 01:08 PM
Hey at least we are not the Mavs!