PDA

View Full Version : Garcia: Manu Ginobili has announced he's coming back to the NBA

NASpurs
07-03-2016, 10:13 AM

ace3g
07-03-2016, 10:14 AM
http://manuginobili.com/

Última semana en Bahía Blanca antes de la concentración en Buenos Aires con la selección. Aumento simultáneo en la intensidad de los entrenamientos y de las despedidas de familiares y amigos. Dura combinación para este cuerpito, pero beneficial para la cabeza.
1 – Actualización deportiva:La noticia más relevante para contarles es que ya estoy decidido a seguir jugando en la NBA. No tenía muchas dudas, pero como hago últimamente, quería dejar pasar un poco el tiempo y ver la temporada que pasó desde un poco más lejos. La realidad es que este año me siento más seguro y lo tengo aún más claro que el año anterior. La pasé muy bien durante la temporada y salvo el “pequeño” incidente de febrero estuve saludable en todo momento. Definitivamente quiero seguir disfrutando del básquet un poco más. Ampliaré en mi habitual columna en La Nación (http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/autor/manu-ginobili-773) muy pronto. Dado que este no es un blog de básquet, seguiré en ese espacio contando más detalles.
Más allá de eso, como decía anteriormente, esta semana me entrené con bastante mayor intensidad tanto en gimnasio como en cancha. Sufrieron las piernas y pulmones pero era inevitable. Ahora es el momento de comenzar con los entrenamientos de equipo. El lunes me costará mucho, pero ya no veo la hora y tengo ganas de ver a todos los chicos.

Ron Swanson
07-03-2016, 10:14 AM
He can still do some things in a limited role, like last season. Welcome back, Manu.

NASpurs
07-03-2016, 10:15 AM
I would had put "for another season" in the title but I ran out of space :lol

elemento
07-03-2016, 10:16 AM
WB Nariz !

houston spurs fan
07-03-2016, 10:16 AM
Why wouldn't he with all this sick money being handed out....

hsxvvd
07-03-2016, 10:19 AM
:bobo

loveforthegame
One more year it is then.

Might as well bring back West, Bonner, and Timmy too.

TheGreatYacht
Retire. You're holding the bench back

SpursFan86
07-03-2016, 10:20 AM
Will be interesting to see what type of contract he gets. Wonder if he's going to take another paycut or try taking advantage of the rising cap like everyone else.

As I said a little while back, I'd love to have Manu return. I just don't want PATFO to call it a day and continue to rely on him being the 6th man. We really need someone else to come off the bench and be able to create some offense for others. Maybe they're hoping KA will be able to do that.

r0drig0lac
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/bobo.gif http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/lobt2.gif

Mr. Body
Impressed. Last summer he wasn't sure he'd make it one more year.

bklynspursfan
07-03-2016, 10:21 AM
Sweet! He had a pretty solid year, and seems like he's really training and working out hard this summer

DPG21920
07-03-2016, 10:22 AM
I'm not trying to be funny, but I hope he escapes the NT play unharmed.

RD2191
Awesome. He still outplays Parker even coming off the bench.

hsxvvd
Although it doesn't say anything about returning to the Spurs :stirpot:

Ron Swanson
07-03-2016, 10:23 AM
I'm not trying to be funny, but I hope he escapes the NT play unharmed.

That was my second thought after seeing this thread.

UZER
07-03-2016, 10:23 AM
Sweet! He had a pretty solid year, and seems like he's really training and working out hard this summer

Of course he looks good in the summer.

K...
07-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Spare me the suspense....Is he resigning with us? There's big money out there and i have been told Manu deeply resents the money paid to a fat underperforming teammate so i'd expect him to leave to a higher paying position. I think hes worth $18m a year tbqh (intangibles mainly). Is it the Lakers? Maybe Dallas. Lots of teams need a big name two guard. Lots of money for names in this market.

Spurs Brazil
07-03-2016, 10:24 AM
Yes!!!

Mr. Body
07-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Spare me the suspense....Is he resigning with us? There's big money out there and i have been told Manu deeply resents the money paid to a fat underperforming teammate so i'd expect him to leave to a higher paying position. I think hes worth $18m a year tbqh (intangibles mainly). Is it the Lakers? Maybe Dallas. Lots of teams need a big name two guard. Lots of money for names in this market.

He's going to Boston. Says he likes cold weather.

Duncan2177
07-03-2016, 10:25 AM
Welcome back Manu:toast

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 10:26 AM
Manu Ginobili 2015 playoff stats:
8.0ppg 3.4rpg, 4.6apg, 2.0TO, 34.9FG%

Manu Ginobili 2016 playoff stats:
6.7ppg, 2.7rpg, 2.5apg, 0.7TO, 42.6FG%

If another guard put up those horrendous numbers, 90% of the board would be calling for his head :lol

Harry Callahan
07-03-2016, 10:27 AM
MG has more basketball vision IQ than 99 % of the players in the league. If not for the knee to the groin, he would have played 70 + games last year. Welcome back....
one more run 4 the big 3. Another 50+ win season too.

Kikoluna
07-03-2016, 10:29 AM
Manu is staying with spurs, common now. Not even a question. Somebody mentioned Kyle as an option to produce off the bench? Lol, I'll have what you are drinking my friend:bobo

SuperCam
07-03-2016, 10:31 AM
Not good, tbh. This team needs to get younger or we're looking at another sonning by Okalhoma and Warriors :bang

AFBlue
07-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Awesome news! Simmons and Anderson showed some promise in that bench facilitation role, but it's still Manu's unit. Glad they'll get one more year of tutelage under the best sixth man in the history of the NBA.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Not good, tbh. This team needs to get younger or we're looking at another sonning by Okalhoma and Warriors :bang
Didn't say he was coming back to the Spurs. There's still hope!

Maybe some other team will pay him for his worth.... A 10 day contract

cjw
07-03-2016, 10:33 AM
Anyone upset about this should be institutionalized, or is clueless about basketball. Great news

AFBlue
07-03-2016, 10:34 AM
I'm assuming that he's coming back for near the min at this point in his career. The Spurs need that to retain flexibility in signing a quality free agent and filling out the roster.

Mr. Body
07-03-2016, 10:35 AM

Have you seen how expensive the free agent market has been? The team needs cheap production wherever possible.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 10:35 AM
Have you seen how expensive the free agent market has been? The team needs cheap production wherever possible.
Spurs just drafted a young turnover machine that can't shoot, why bring back a 40yr old who does the same thing?

Kikoluna
07-03-2016, 10:36 AM
Awesome news! Simmons and Anderson showed some promise in that bench facilitation role, but it's still Manu's unit. Glad they'll get one more year of tutelage under the best sixth man in the history of the NBA.
Ummmm, Anderson showed that he belongs in the rgv vipers at best you mean

SuperCam
07-03-2016, 10:39 AM

At this point any broken down stiffs on the roster just encourages Poop to ride the old hands in the playoffs too long

:pop: how many championships have you won?

tmtcsc
07-03-2016, 10:39 AM
Glad to hear it. He is our best play maker and makes the game easier for those around him. Out of all of the elder Big 3, he played the best last year. TP started out ok and then faded.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 10:40 AM
Glad to hear it. He is our best play maker and makes the game easier for those around him. Out of all of the elder Big 3, he played the best last year. TP started out ok and then faded.
He played the worst, actually.

UZER
07-03-2016, 10:41 AM

:lol they all faded. That's the problem.

rjv
07-03-2016, 10:42 AM
Spurs just drafted a young turnover machine that can't shoot, why bring back a 40yr old who does the same thing?

I don't know. It doesn't seem to make any sense. Then again, why do you rehash the same post over and over?

SPURt
07-03-2016, 10:46 AM
I'm glad to get Manu back, though I'm in the minority here it seems like. One more year to celebrate one of the greatest competitors, passers, and Spurs the NBA has seen.

tmtcsc
07-03-2016, 10:48 AM
:lol they all faded. That's the problem.

Unfortunately, Tim hit a damn wall. I wouldn't call that a fade. Tony had some good moments and showed his issues weren't conditioning, he just lost his speed. I thought Manu played pretty well and more under control than he had in the past. Case in point - he passed the ball to Patty instead of trying to shoot the ball over or against Adams in Game 2 of the Semi-finals on the final play. I was a little pissed at the time that he wasn't more aggressive but if he would have had his shot blocked or ripped out of the air - I would have been even more pissed. He's more aware of his body and limitations now.

beirmeistr
07-03-2016, 10:49 AM
Is it just coincidence that, right before KD' s decision, Manu returns and Tp proclaims that he wants to be around for many more years?

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 10:49 AM
I'm glad to get Manu back, though I'm in the minority here it seems like. One more year to celebrate one of the greatest competitors, passers, and Spurs the NBA has seen.
Shot 1-6 and fouled out in 23 minutes during an elimination game. What a competitor

Uriel
07-03-2016, 10:50 AM
Good news. We need somebody to speak to Pau in Spanish in the locker room.

Mr. Body
07-03-2016, 10:53 AM
Is it just coincidence that, right before KD' s decision, Manu returns and Tp proclaims that he wants to be around for many more years?

Yes.

TheMulletMan3000
07-03-2016, 10:54 AM
Anyone upset about this should be institutionalized, or is clueless about basketball. Great news

cd021
07-03-2016, 10:56 AM
Stay. You're holding the bench up
FIFY

cd021
07-03-2016, 10:57 AM
Maybe but Parker was under contract for two more seasons anyway and I assume that Kawhi and LMA along with Pop are the biggest draws.

Splits
07-03-2016, 10:58 AM
smh ElNono getting payyyyed again

Mouth is Bleeding
07-03-2016, 10:59 AM

No there are just few idiots who are addicted to relentless trolling saying the same things over and over. On any board with any moderation that would have been reined in and everyone would be much more happy.

The fact is that you can't get better than Manu for less money and those very same trolls who claim that he sucks or whatever use idiocy to back up their claims.

All stats with any credibility has him as a very good player still and if you can't see that he does winning things out there in the court, then try and look harder.

Shastafarian
This needs to be Manu's Robert Horry season. Don't play until February and then limited minutes until the playoffs. He was playing really well early in the season but it was obvious he got worn down by the end. If he's fresh and injury-free, he can be a solid contributor.

cd98
He's a leader and occasionally comes up big. But he is cheap. Why not? Most D-Leaguers are going to come in and stink. You won't get a quality free agent for the price Manu will accept this year. If Manu was trying to get a big payday, the Spurs would push him to retire. And Manu, unlike most Spurs, can literally do anything basketball-related he wants...from commentating to GM to even coaching, he'll be in demand.

FkLA
Still the best PG on the team. His passing/vision/playmaking can always be used off the bench. Plus he's unselfish unlike a certain fat prick on the team tbh.

Kikoluna
07-03-2016, 11:01 AM
Maybe but Parker was under contract for two more seasons anyway and I assume that Kawhi and LMA along with Pop are the biggest draws.

Good observation. Not sure how to read it though. Either as "don't forget about us front office" or "come join us"

Russo21
07-03-2016, 11:01 AM
Good news. We need somebody to speak to Pau in Spanish in the locker room.
Gasol's gone to GSW

RD2191
07-03-2016, 11:02 AM
Still the best PG on the team. His passing/vision/playmaking can always be used off the bench. Plus he's unselfish unlike a certain fat prick on the team tbh.
Great post.

bklynspursfan
07-03-2016, 11:03 AM
No there are just few idiots who are addicted to relentless trolling saying the same things over and over. On any board with any moderation that would have been reined in and everyone would be much more happy.

The fact is that you can't get better than Manu for less money and those very same trolls who claim that he sucks or whatever use idiocy to back up their claims.

All stats with any credibility has him as a very good player still and if you can't see that he does winning things out there in the court, then try and look harder.

Well said... Due to the lack of moderation, I just keep growing my ignore list :) it helps weed out the garbage trolls

-21-
07-03-2016, 11:03 AM
God, I hope Tim comes back as well. I don't even care about winning a championship anytime soon. :lol

Spur-Addict
07-03-2016, 11:15 AM
I can't imagine he gets paid much. For what we have to spend it's going to be hard to beat the value.

beirmeistr
07-03-2016, 11:20 AM

I'm in total agreement with you.

Seventyniner
07-03-2016, 11:23 AM
This is big news in terms of how the roster will be constructed. I would have expected more bench upheaval if Manu hadn't come back.

SPURt
07-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Shot 1-6 and fouled out in 23 minutes during an elimination game. What a competitor
The Spurs have some bigger issues if an off game from a 38 yr old legend is the difference between winning and losing.

T Park
07-03-2016, 11:24 AM
Will be interesting to see what type of contract he gets. Wonder if he's going to take another paycut or try taking advantage of the rising cap like everyone else.

As I said a little while back, I'd love to have Manu return. I just don't want PATFO to call it a day and continue to rely on him being the 6th man. We really need someone else to come off the bench and be able to create some offense for others. Maybe they're hoping KA will be able to do that.

I'm sure if you have someone in mind to do that they'd be all ears to as who to trade for or sign with their limited money.

ElNono
07-03-2016, 11:26 AM
smh ElNono getting payyyyed again

:greedy:greedy:greedy

TheGoldStandard
07-03-2016, 11:26 AM
Spurs will miss out on Durant and Gasol, will just throw the cash at Manu and David West, lol..

It's a 50/50 split how I feel about this.. Nostalgia tells me this is nice and warm and cozy and familiar and that's great but Pop will over depend on Manu and he will be the first off the bench meanwhile these guys who we hope to be "the future" will still continue to get limited roles and will suffer. Then we can expect the same come playoff time, guys not getting minutes because they don't have "experience"

I'm hoping Manu comes back and makes it clear its to mentor others and not be the 6th man option off the bench. Youth movement needs to be in full effect.

ElNono
07-03-2016, 11:31 AM
He'll be fine as long as we retool the bench, tbh. He can't be the primary option anymore off the bench though, tbh, even though he posted a better PER than our much younger starting PG for two seasons in a row, including playoffs...

We're trying to do a solid to the team though, and wait until everybody is signed up to see what kinda of money is left...

Mouth is Bleeding
07-03-2016, 11:32 AM
Who was a better 6th man in the league last season?

Only Iggy was definitely better.

Jamal Crawford is not a good NBA player and contributes more to losing than winning.

ElNono
07-03-2016, 11:34 AM

You're really not in the minority, tbh... trolling is the name of the game in this place though...

ElNono
07-03-2016, 11:35 AM
Plus if there's room for that ginger POS Bonner, then better be fucking room for Tim and Manu... heck I would bring back the Admiral too...

-21-
07-03-2016, 11:36 AM
We're trying to do a solid to the team though, and wait until everybody is signed up to see what kinda of money is left...

:lol

Canyonero
07-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Best cost value pick ever.

-21-
07-03-2016, 11:37 AM
Plus if there's room for that ginger POS Bonner, then better be fucking room for Tim and Manu... heck I would bring back the Admiral too...

Hell yeah, bring Tim back. One final year for the big 3!!!

Mouth is Bleeding
07-03-2016, 11:43 AM
I do hope that he'll have some big to play pick and roll with.

That and some more shooting, better spacing is a must. Then we'd have the best bench in the league once again. It's amazing that we almost did when first West and then much much worse Kyle started clogging up things horribly almost single-handedly ruining things.

It can't be stressed enough, that before Kyle getting more minutes this Manu-led bench was the best in the league, time and time again outperforming our starters on a team winning more games than any Spurs team ever. How is bringing the leader responsible for record-setting actual winning in any way bad? And he is cheap! It's so easily value and the best thing to do.

Kyle better be working on shooting as we speak though.

Mugen
07-03-2016, 11:46 AM
Great news.

SPURt
07-03-2016, 11:47 AM
This. 100%

tholdren
07-03-2016, 11:51 AM

If another guard put up those horrendous numbers, 90% of the board would be calling for his head :lol

100 minutes or more in the playoffs PER looked like this

1. KL
2. LMA
3. Manu
4. Danny
5. Patty
6. West
7. Parker
8. Diaw
9. Tim
10. Kyle

WHAT BENCH?

BSfromTX
07-03-2016, 11:52 AM

i could care less what his numbers are much like your takes

cd98
07-03-2016, 11:52 AM
Spurs will miss out on Durant and Gasol, will just throw the cash at Manu and David West, lol..

It's a 50/50 split how I feel about this.. Nostalgia tells me this is nice and warm and cozy and familiar and that's great but Pop will over depend on Manu and he will be the first off the bench meanwhile these guys who we hope to be "the future" will still continue to get limited roles and will suffer. Then we can expect the same come playoff time, guys not getting minutes because they don't have "experience"

I'm hoping Manu comes back and makes it clear its to mentor others and not be the 6th man option off the bench. Youth movement needs to be in full effect.

I think Manu has been trying to expedite the development of the younger players for the last three years. He's definitely not been a chucker for the last few years (and never really was in his career).

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 11:53 AM
i could care less what his numbers are
Neither do the other Manutards

AFBlue
07-03-2016, 11:54 AM

Technically the saying is "I could not care less." Saying it the way you did implies that you care at least to some degree.

TheGoldStandard
07-03-2016, 11:55 AM
I think Manu has been trying to expedite the development of the younger players for the last three years. He's definitely not been a chucker for the last few years (and never really was in his career).

I'm not blaming Manu, he knows only one way to play and he's adjusted a little based on limitations but when he's out there he is usually running the show.. It's on Pop to make sure that the players we have are developing even if that means growing pains.. Some of those bench guys need to be facilitators too or at least get used to the idea gradually and work themselves into that kind of player.

tholdren
07-03-2016, 11:55 AM
Technically the saying is "I could not care less." Saying it the way you did implies that you care at least to some degree.
language barrier

AFBlue
07-03-2016, 12:02 PM
language barrier

It's actually a common mistake for many English-speaking people as well.

NASpurs
07-03-2016, 12:28 PM

BillMc
07-03-2016, 12:33 PM
Great news!

baseline bum
07-03-2016, 12:36 PM
Nice, glad to see Manu back for another year!

elemento
07-03-2016, 12:37 PM
A scrub backup PG like Bayless gets 9m/year and some fellows are complaining that we're getting Manu back for 3m :lol

I wonder who they want running the 2nd unit for the Spurs, especially considering the options on the roster and the fact that SA has no money to sign a guy in the FA.

urunobili
07-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Well this seals my League Pass for this season! #graciasmanu

urunobili
07-03-2016, 12:38 PM

:cry just 3M

Sean Cagney
07-03-2016, 12:39 PM

Sides that ill advised off balanced step back three from time to time I fully agree with you there. Manu is not going to hurt the team usually. He can also mentor the younger guys we brought in, namely the 19 year old kid.

tonight...you
07-03-2016, 12:47 PM
Thank goodness. Now Tim is next to come back.
#1MoreYear!

BillMc
07-03-2016, 12:58 PM
I wonder if there is some team with a ton of cap space that would offer Manu a short term contract with a high per year number that would steal him from the Spurs. Yeah, yeah, I know Manu wouldn't do that. That's what we all say. But if we're offering 3 mil or so and some team who has some young guys who need a mentor or someone to institute proper culture, etc or some club just spiteful with money (like Dallas) offers Manu like 9 million for a one year contract, one wonders if it would be too good for Gino to hold back. He might not want to leave but as this is likely his last contract...

Not saying it will happen just a hypothetical.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 01:07 PM
I wonder if there is some team with a ton of cap space that would offer Manu a short term contract with a high per year number that would steal him from the Spurs. Yeah, yeah, I know Manu wouldn't do that. That's what we all say. But if we're offering 3 mil or so and some team who has some young guys who need a mentor or someone to institute proper culture, etc or some club just spiteful with money (like Dallas) offers Manu like 9 million for a one year contract, one wonders if it would be too good for Gino to hold back. He might not want to leave but as this is likely his last contract...

I wouldn't be mad at him if he left for money :)

07-03-2016, 01:13 PM
Wonder if the Spurs strike out on the free agency, they'll just give Manu a $5 million contract just as a sending off present.

testies
07-03-2016, 01:17 PM
is he still playing in the paralympics?

r0drig0lac
07-03-2016, 01:18 PM

Perry Mason
07-03-2016, 01:38 PM

This just isn't true. The bench sucked last year. The starters were the best starting unit in the NBA. As much as TP was only ok, he could still get to the rim now and then and had some nice throwbacks. Manu for the most part can't get to the rim at all. It makes his passing less effective and more predictable. He also started settling for midrange jumpers too much. They are ugly as shite and even worse than TP's.

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 01:40 PM
The Spurs have some bigger issues if an off game from a 38 yr old legend is the difference between winning and losing.
They have had this issue the past two seasons: needing Manu to make a difference in the playoffs and him not being able to. It is not on Manu at this point, but two things:
1. Younger players have to step up their games.
2. They need a chance to do that by Pop playing them.

Point 2 is the one that worries me. It's all too easy for Pop to continue to rely on Manu and not develop young players.

Pocho La Pantera
07-03-2016, 01:41 PM
749649003067740164 Close thread.

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 01:41 PM

The bolded part is exactly what will happen. The part in italics is what I am hoping will happen.

beirmeistr
07-03-2016, 01:43 PM
great news to keep the hispanic fans coming to the games

NASpurs
07-03-2016, 01:43 PM

Perry Mason
07-03-2016, 01:45 PM
Close thread.

PER is a garbage stat. The bench sucked last year. Manu was its leader. Period full stop. He can't drive anymore and his midrange game is terrible.

Mikeanaro
07-03-2016, 01:51 PM
http://2static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Killorpie+used+roll+picture+killorpie+rolled+image +_0f77e690f380d50bedb9311f99c0e0cb.jpg

Juan
07-03-2016, 01:52 PM
Lol manu wants to get paid. He's no Timmy.

Ron Swanson
07-03-2016, 01:52 PM

Would be hilarious. Everyone is welcoming him back (myself included) and he bolts to another team.

-21-
07-03-2016, 01:53 PM

Nono wants to get paid...

Tully365
One of the things the Spurs probably most liked about D. Murray is his relentless (and sometimes reckless) offensive aggression... it's makes sense to bring back Manu for a year to help mentor a 19 yr old who fits that mold.

TheGoldStandard
Spurs will have to find a way to pay him 30/2 player option for season 2

Juan
07-03-2016, 01:56 PM
Makes you appreciate Tim even more. Tim is the goat. Manu wants to get re-paid :lol

NASpurs
07-03-2016, 01:57 PM
Manu's going to GSW :lol

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 01:57 PM

If we strike out on Durant, Manu will get paid after Pop has the agreement with Boban, and the rookies. I do believe he opted out of his contract to get paid more if we can afford it.
I mean if we are bringing the merry band back + rookies we might as well pay Manu.

sasaint
07-03-2016, 01:59 PM
They have had this issue the past two seasons: needing Manu to make a difference in the playoffs and him not being able to. It is not on Manu at this point, but two things:
1. Younger players have to step up their games.
2. They need a chance to do that by Pop playing them.

Point 2 is the one that worries me. It's all too easy for Pop to continue to rely on Manu and not develop young players.

Couldn't agree more. Next season it is imperative that the Spurs find out what they have in Kyle, Simmons even Boban and possibly a eurostash or two.

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 02:04 PM
One of the things the Spurs probably most liked about D. Murray is his relentless (and sometimes reckless) offensive aggression... it's makes sense to bring back Manu for a year to help mentor a 19 yr old who fits that mold.
Two things they have mentioned:
1. he's an athletic young guard and we need that
2. he has size and length to play two positions, he will be versatile
Everything else is a project but he's 19. He is still young enough to improve a whole lot in the coming seasons, so long as people understand he's not ready to come in and light it up right off the start.

Mikeanaro
07-03-2016, 02:05 PM
Makes you appreciate Tim even more. Tim is the goat. Manu wants to get re-paid :lol
Thats not funny, just like is not funny that Barea NBA star thing...

sasaint
07-03-2016, 02:07 PM

Okay by me. Since our playoff ouster I have said that next season would be a mini-tank with the current roster. Without completely gutting the team the Spurs simply could not clear enough cap room this season to acquire the pieces to be a legit title contender. But next season could see us free up a lot of space.

sammy
07-03-2016, 02:11 PM
Awesome!

bklynspursfan
07-03-2016, 02:11 PM
I just don't know if it's accurate to say Manu or Pop is holding back young players...

Manu doesn't play big minutes or 82 games a year. It's on these guys to come in and with the minutes they're given, earn them and make the most of them. If they can come in and consistently play well, (not to mention we don't know what happens in the practice and stuff behind the scenes) then they will play more. It would actually help give a guy like Manu a chance to have fresher legs later in the season if guys like Simmons/Anderson play well consistently, on both ends of the court.

ernest787
07-03-2016, 02:13 PM
Has anyone considered the reason that 38 year old Manu is still the 6th man off the bench is b/c he is still better than the young players on the roster?

I know SA girl has a boner for KA, but he sucks. Sure we can give him more playing time, but at this point he hasn't shown me any reason to believe he can do more than Manu can. Same can be said for Simmons.

skulls138
07-03-2016, 02:22 PM
Well of course KAs got to do better, no one, even fans, have said otherwise. Im glad we havent picked up any FAs. Bring back Timmy and Manu for one more ride, see what we have with who we have and get some FAs next season. I like next seasons batch anyways

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 02:27 PM
This just isn't true. The bench sucked last year. The starters were the best starting unit in the NBA. As much as TP was only ok, he could still get to the rim now and then and had some nice throwbacks. Manu for the most part can't get to the rim at all. It makes his passing less effective and more predictable. He also started settling for midrange jumpers too much. They are ugly as shite and even worse than TP's.
Great post :tu

If this fucker gets paid more than the vets min.... :lmao

lefty20
07-03-2016, 02:32 PM
I just don't know if it's accurate to say Manu or Pop is holding back young players...

Manu doesn't play big minutes or 82 games a year. It's on these guys to come in and with the minutes they're given, earn them and make the most of them. If they can come in and consistently play well, (not to mention we don't know what happens in the practice and stuff behind the scenes) then they will play more. It would actually help give a guy like Manu a chance to have fresher legs later in the season if guys like Simmons/Anderson play well consistently, on both ends of the court.

This, tbh. Some part of Pop prolly wants either KA and/or Simmons to force him to give them more minutes, kinda like Green did in his breakout season.

noles1983
07-03-2016, 02:33 PM
fuck manu if he wants a payday. tosb already preventing the youth movement, now he wants to take more cap space than he is worth

ducks
07-03-2016, 02:35 PM
With this contracts teams giving out of course he would
He is greedy

kobyz
07-03-2016, 02:37 PM
two sides need to decide...

ducks
07-03-2016, 02:40 PM
His agent said he knows what the market is
He wants paid

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 02:41 PM
fuck manu if he wants a payday. tosb already preventing the you movement, now he wants to take more cap space than he is worth

tholdren
07-03-2016, 02:45 PM
The bolded part is exactly what will happen. The part in italics is what I am hoping will happen.
LOL Kyle Anderson played like shit even when he subbed in real game time. He's a bitch. Unless his testes drop you will be looking at a terrible, terrible basketball player.

hooperflash
07-03-2016, 02:47 PM
Manu wants in on this superteam, tbh.

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 03:21 PM
fuck manu if he wants a payday. tosb already preventing the youth movement, now he wants to take more cap space than he is worth

He does want to get paid. When he opted out, I had no notion he was coming back for less.
Timmy took his option but it is bc he's retiring. They both did the team a solid last season. This was the season they were going to cash in.

bklynspursfan
07-03-2016, 03:24 PM

He does want to get paid. When he opted out, I had no notion he was coming back for less.
Timmy took his option but it is bc he's retiring. They both did the team a solid last season. This was the season they were going to cash in.

If anything Manu coming back could mean Timmy may come back. Could be more motivation for him. I don't think anything is definitive with him at this point

ElNono
07-03-2016, 03:26 PM
If we strike out on Durant, this might be the best signing of the offseason, tbh...

Give this man his $12m a season, he earned it, IMVHO

Proxy
07-03-2016, 03:27 PM

Yep, it's weird how people want to ignore this

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 03:28 PM

Basketball is a game of rhythm and the veterans need playing time to stay playing well, just as much as youngsters do. It can be argued that the youngsters need it even more bc they are still developing confidence and consistency. You can't ask them to come in and play consistently well when they aren't played consistently to begin with and are getting benched for a simple mistake, when veterans get away with TO and bad gambles on defense without being sat. It's a very different situation for them. They also need to be put in situations outside of garbage time to learn from their mistakes and develop. Garbage time is fine early on but after a while it doesn't present enough of a challenge. PPl scream bloody murder bc these guys weren't ready but they played most of their time through garbage time, and had very limited roles in minutes that counted. If we are getting more of the same, then we will have more of the same come playoff time. TOSB Manu won't be able to carry the team bc it should not be on him anymore at 39 years old, but the youngsters played the entire season off the ball, and off what he could do, and then garbage time. That's a failure set up right there.

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 03:38 PM
If anything Manu coming back could mean Timmy may come back. Could be more motivation for him. I don't think anything is definitive with him at this point
Manu also said his decision wasn't dependent on anyone else, explicitly. I think this is the one season Timmy had the real doubts and they were not on the same page. It was sort of between the lines. And this is not me saying I want Tim to retire. I want Timmy back, I just believe he really is that torn and more inclined towards retiring this time than he previously had... But he has a lot of time to change his mind still and I would not be surprised to learn he's rehabbing and listening to his body as we chat.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 03:40 PM
If we strike out on Durant, this might be the best signing of the offseason, tbh...

Since when did costing the Spurs 2 rings mean "earned" :lmao

Spurs should follow the Clippers' example. Their 6th man was better and won more individual awards yet let that TOSB walk

ElNono
07-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Manu on the Clippers would make them immediate contenders, tbh... hopefully he's a Spur for life

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 03:48 PM
Manu on the Clippers would make them immediate contenders, tbh... hopefully he's a Spur for life
They don't need him, they already have a better 6th man in Austin Rivers. Shit you can even say Prigioni is better than Manure nowadays

Chomag
07-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Im on the fence with Manu comming back to the Spurs. Main thing that beat the Spurs was lack of youth and it seems Spurs are just going to roll with the same players rhat ran out of gas last year yet even a year older. Either way love Manu though.

TD 21
07-03-2016, 03:50 PM
Why should he play for some absurdly low number again? It's not like he's going to ask for some unrealistic amount. He'll probably want something like $5M, which is still clearly a bargain even with the constant maintenance.

The closest thing they could probably get to him, is Vasquez, who's a homeless man's version, is coming off of a significant injury, likely to make significantly more and would take them out of the running for Gasol.

beirmeistr
07-03-2016, 03:51 PM

shhhh, don't give the Clips any ideas.

ElNono
07-03-2016, 03:55 PM
They don't need him, they already have a better 6th man in Austin Rivers. Shit you can even say Prigioni is better than Manure nowadays

:lol Langston Galloway also looks like an All Star against the Spurs, tbh... not really Manu's fault, but whatever...

At least you can run that manu-hater schtick to the ground for another year, tbh... need some new material, maybe throw a wrinkle on it to refresh it a bit, like "he's probably gay now that he lost his balls", etc... let me know if you need some pointers, tbh...

apalisoc_9
07-03-2016, 03:56 PM
Deserves 5-6 a year tops. Anything more than that is too much

apalisoc_9
07-03-2016, 03:58 PM
He also needs to fully commit playing off ball when Leonard is playing with him. Him as a primary ball handler of the bench is long gone...

Way too many times he tried too much that caused the spurd games both in the regular season and in the playoffs.

objective
They should just pay him.

Better to keep his bird rights and pay him $12 million than trading away Green & losing Manu just to pay Pau his absurd $20

UZER

Please. If he played for any other franchise, he would be already be out of the league with his reckless style. The Spurs extended his career and money making with the way they handled him, especially when he kept playing international ball while hurt instead of letting his body heal.

ElNono
07-03-2016, 04:02 PM
Please. If he played for any other franchise, he would be already be out of the league with his reckless style. The Spurs extended his career and money making with the way they handled him, especially when he kept playing international ball while hurt instead of letting his body heal.

He even gave one testicle for the Spurs... won us a ring on a broken leg... it's a two way street, both have mutually benefited from each other, and that's the players you want to have...

But I'll agree he can't be the best player off the bench anymore, tbh.... Hopefully somebody like contract-year Diaw steps up and some of the kids grow up a bit too...

bklynspursfan
07-03-2016, 04:06 PM
Basketball is a game of rhythm and the veterans need playing time to stay playing well, just as much as youngsters do. It can be argued that the youngsters need it even more bc they are still developing confidence and consistency. You can't ask them to come in and play consistently well when they aren't played consistently to begin with and are getting benched for a simple mistake, when veterans get away with TO and bad gambles on defense without being sat. It's a very different situation for them. They also need to be put in situations outside of garbage time to learn from their mistakes and develop. Garbage time is fine early on but after a while it doesn't present enough of a challenge. PPl scream bloody murder bc these guys weren't ready but they played most of their time through garbage time, and had very limited roles in minutes that counted. If we are getting more of the same, then we will have more of the same come playoff time. TOSB Manu won't be able to carry the team bc it should not be on him anymore at 39 years old, but the youngsters played the entire season off the ball, and off what he could do, and then garbage time. That's a failure set up right there.

Were you watching back when Tony and Manu were rookies and very early in their career? Pop was similar with them in terms of minutes and being hard on them for mistakes they made. It's part of the process. You come in, play within the system, defend, and hustle.

Will turnovers happen? Sure... But missed rotations, lack of hustle to loose balls, not communicating in transition, etc... That stuff is more important to Pop than what they do with the ball in their hands. I understand consistency matters and all that. But I just don't buy that as an excuse anymore. Far too often we see rookie mistakes that shouldn't happen anymore and too consistently.

Guys need to be versatile and be able to provide in the minutes they're given. And I mean let's be honest, they are still getting decent minutes and playing time with Pop sitting guys and what not. Boban and Simmons were in suits far more than Anderson, and there were flashes at times from each that looked promising.

When you have an opportunity, you have to make the most of it., plain and simple. And there are plenty of opportunities to be had when Pop rests guys or we are up/down big. Those minutes count for Pop. "staying ready" is important. Young or old, they've gotta be ready and come in and produce when called upon

Juan
07-03-2016, 04:08 PM

:lol gosh that would be terrible. Rather let him go and pay Tim $30M. He's the one who truly deserves it.

07-03-2016, 04:11 PM
Retire. You're holding the bench back

ernest787
07-03-2016, 04:11 PM

This is a bad post. Yes, players need rhythm but they also have to earn playing time. None of the young players on the team have shown that they are deserving of taking signifiant minutes from the veterans on the team. People like to harp on Pop, but when he has young guys that are pushing the vets he plays them. Guys like Green, Kawhi, Tiago, and Hill all have earned PT by working their butt off in practice an then getting into games and showing that they can contribute.

KA has not shown that. Simmons has not shown that. Doesn't mean they can't (although I'm very doubtful of either) but I don't blame Pop for playing guys who have proven they can play at the highest level over those two.

Just b/c a player is young doesn't mean they should be trotted out for 25 minutes a night so they can get a rhythm and see if they can contribute.

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 04:13 PM
I am actually glad Manu is back TBH. I just hope Pop doesn't rely on him a whole lot and develops other players, and that is really on Pop. I think Manu was already deferring last season. Hopefully the youngsters continue getting better.

If we strike out on Durant we might as well pay Manu. All the rookies are on very cheap deals, and we are not getting anyone better than Manu to mentor all our rookies and produce within our culture.

07-03-2016, 04:14 PM
With this contracts teams giving out of course he would
He is greedy

His agent said he knows what the market is
He wants paid

Juan
07-03-2016, 04:16 PM
If the Spurs are going to have to get into overpaying for prior good deeds then give the money to Tim. Makes me sick to think Manu wants more than what Tim is willing to take.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 04:18 PM
If the Spurs are going to have to get into overpaying for prior good deeds then give the money to Tim. Makes me sick to think Manu wants more than what Tim is willing to take.
He already rode Duncan's back all the way to the ground, now this....

Selfish POS

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 04:26 PM
This is a bad post. Yes, players need rhythm but they also have to earn playing time. None of the young players on the team have shown that they are deserving of taking signifiant minutes from the veterans on the team. People like to harp on Pop, but when he has young guys that are pushing the vets he plays them. Guys like Green, Kawhi, Tiago, and Hill all have earned PT by working their butt off in practice an then getting into games and showing that they can contribute.

KA has not shown that. Simmons has not shown that. Doesn't mean they can't (although I'm very doubtful of either) but I don't blame Pop for playing guys who have proven they can play at the highest level over those two.

Just b/c a player is young doesn't mean they should be trotted out for 25 minutes a night so they can get a rhythm and see if they can contribute.
They did show they can play, but they are not going to take time from Kawhi who is an MVP candidate. Green was terrible for sections of the season and actually gifting time to develop Simmons, but you are right in that once Simmons played enough his deficiencies were exposed, ensuring that Danny stayed relevant. Beyond that Danny is a proven vet and paid $10 mill a year, he deserved and got, the chance to get back to form.

It's a tall task to edge Manu himself out, who played really well last season and is a HoF player, so even when they have game, they didn't play enough in games that mattered. In other teams they both likely would have played a lot more. And they actually played a lot TBH, its just the quality of minutes they got was questionable to get a guy to perform in the playoffs and the roles they played when the roster was complete was also not ideal. It s a huge wide gap between garbage time to the playoffs.

Simmons is looking to get paid next summer. He's in short schedule. We shall see what he has.

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 04:28 PM
Tim is probably getting paid to retire. No need to worry about that.

ducks
07-03-2016, 04:28 PM
People think tp contact is bad just see manus

ernest787
07-03-2016, 04:31 PM
They did show they can play, but they are not going to take time from Kawhi who is an MVP candidate. Green was terrible for sections of the season and actually gifting time to develop Simmons, but you are right in that once Simmons played enough his deficiencies were exposed, ensuring that Danny stayed relevant. Beyond that Danny is a proven vet and paid $10 mill a year, he deserved and got, the chance to get back to form.

It's a tall task to edge Manu himself out, who played really well last season and is a HoF player, so even when they have game, they didn't play enough in games that mattered. In other teams they both likely would have played a lot more. And they actually played a lot TBH, its just the quality of minutes they got was questionable to get a guy to perform in the playoffs and the roles they played when the roster was complete was also not ideal. It s a huge wide gap between garbage time to the playoffs.

Simmons is looking to get paid next summer. He's in short schedule. We shall see what he has.

So you are back tracking on everything you originally said. You can't call out Pop and say the young guys should have played more but then say "Well you can't take minutes from Kawhi and Manu had a great regular season so it's tough to take minutes from him."

If Simmons and KA were not consistent enough to take the minutes from the people in front of them then they are not going to get the minutes. While we all want the young guys to play more, they have to take the minutes and so far neither of them have been up to that task.

The hope is that Murray will come in and be able to do that. This year is probably not likely but hopefully next year he will be in position to challenge for the back up PG role at least.

ElNono
07-03-2016, 04:32 PM

who said he wants more? Tim opted in on a $5.6m deal, that's not bad for a 40+ years old.

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 04:33 PM
So you are back tracking on everything you originally said. You can't call out Pop and say the young guys should have played more but then say "Well you can't take minutes from Kawhi and Manu had a great regular season so it's tough to take minutes from him."

If Simmons and KA were not consistent enough to take the minutes from the people in front of them then they are not going to get the minutes. While we all want the young guys to play more, they have to take the minutes and so far neither of them have been up to that task.

The hope is that Murray will come in and be able to do that. This year is probably not likely but hopefully next year he will be in position to challenge for the back up PG role at least.
Pop is also supremely loyal to veterans. At times Boban was a better option than Dwest and/or Diaw. He wasn't going to edge them out. Diaw actually gifted minutes to others with his coasting. Anyways, I am not backtracking. I have made the same point all past season.

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 04:34 PM
who said he wants more? Tim opted in on a $5.6m deal, that's not bad for a 40+ years old.
More like 6.3 due to incentives. Still not a huge difference.

beirmeistr
07-03-2016, 04:40 PM
People think tp contact is bad just see manus

Relax, Ducks. Finding out Manu is back must be a shock to your nerves, but his salary will be modest compared to your hero's salary.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 04:43 PM
Relax, Ducks. Finding out Manu is back must be a shock to your nerves, but his salary will be modest compared to your hero's salary.
Manure earned 14,000,000 when he turned the ball over 8 times in 2013 :lol

No matter how bad Parker plays, it'll be a bargain compared to that shit tbh

skulls138
07-03-2016, 04:48 PM
fuck manu if he wants a payday. tosb already preventing the youth movement, now he wants to take more cap space than he is worthIt could be just as much of a mistake to just throw the youth out there and say perform or youre gone. We're being smart by taking it easy and seeing what weve got already before we get someone new. Bringing back the vets helps us do that and stay relevant (hopefully) while teaching these youngsters how to play. You do realize that todays NBA talent sucks fundamentally dont you? Its because organizations have no patience.

SPURt
07-03-2016, 04:55 PM
Let's hold off on crucifying Manu until we all see some numbers. Of course his agent wants him to get money, he's getting a percentage.

How can people hate Manu for 2013 when the two close out games in 2014 (OKC/Miami) had everything to do with Manu ballin? A lot of guys can be blamed for 2013, Manu included, but Pop coached poorly, Kawhi also missed free throws, Tim missed a bunny, it was a perfect ass storm.

In 2014, when Manu entered game 5 the Spurs were looking like balls. Manu was the difference. He yammed it on Bosh so hard his circulatory system still isn't working correctly.

bic50
07-03-2016, 05:16 PM

:wow damn

bic50
07-03-2016, 05:22 PM
I wonder if tim comes back. I hope he does. Also greatcuck being a little bitch per usual.

skulls138
07-03-2016, 05:46 PM
Let's hold off on crucifying Manu until we all see some numbers. Of course his agent wants him to get money, he's getting a percentage.

How can people hate Manu for 2013 when the two close out games in 2014 (OKC/Miami) had everything to do with Manu ballin? A lot of guys can be blamed for 2013, Manu included, but Pop coached poorly, Kawhi also missed free throws, Tim missed a bunny, it was a perfect ass storm.

In 2014, when Manu entered game 5 the Spurs were looking like balls. Manu was the difference. He yammed it on Bosh so hard his circulatory system still isn't working correctly.Cant blame Parker for '13. If Tony has anykind of ego, hes still sore. Manu took what was a heroic effort on Parkers part and squandered it with unfathomably bad play and then grabbed that missed glory for himself in '14.

SPURt
07-03-2016, 05:54 PM
Cant blame Parker for '13. If Tony has anykind of ego, hes still sore. Manu took what was a heroic effort on Parkers part and squandered it with unfathomably bad play and then grabbed that missed glory for himself in '14.
I wouldn't blame Parker for 13. A lot of players deserve blame, Ginobili certainly not least of which. Over the years they've all played a part in the miss championships. It's basketball but I sure as hell enjoyed 14 more than the other 4. Ginobili and his style of play made the beautiful game beautiful.

This is is like Warriors fans hating Steph for shitting the bed this year. It's hard to win chips.

ulosturedge
07-03-2016, 06:23 PM
Didn't he just play for like 2.8mil last year and you guys are calling him greedy. You guys just wanted him to play for the same money this year after all the money these other scrubs are getting lol. I don't fault him for wanting more. As long as it's not more then 5mil.

elemento
07-03-2016, 06:49 PM
I know ElNono has to feed his kids, but 12m/year for Manu is crazy talk and I love him.

He shouldn't make more money than TD at all. That's the ceiling.

If he wants to join the overpaying party of this ridiculous FA, he will probably need to retire playing for a shit team willing to pay him 10m+. I don't think he should play for peanuts, but i'd lose some respect for him if he leaves to play in a shit team for $.

Chillen
07-03-2016, 06:54 PM
He's got a good 3 years in him of playing in the NBA left I think, but maybe this is his last NBA season. Great news!

SupremeGuy
07-03-2016, 07:00 PM
lol the anti-Kawhi and anti-Manu trolls are a fucking cancer :lol

rjv
07-03-2016, 07:05 PM

Indeed.

BillMc
07-03-2016, 07:08 PM

And the anti-Parker, and the anti-Pop.... So many factions here...

You'd think the franchise never had any success.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-03-2016, 07:12 PM
Indeed.

yes, TGY and the rest of the short bussers like that are cancer

UNT Eagles 2016
07-03-2016, 07:12 PM

You'd think the franchise never had any success.

Unlike the rest, Anti-Parker actually makes sense outside of 2007

spurs10
07-03-2016, 07:14 PM
I'm with the poster who said he hopes ElNoNo doesn't get greedy and ask for too much dinero! :wow I'm super glad he's coming back and I'm sure the Spurs will pay him as much as possible. I doubt the game-plan is to go somewhere else. He's kind of the face of the team.

SupremeGuy
07-03-2016, 07:18 PM

You'd think the franchise never had any success.The parker and pop hate is usually reasonable though... how anyone can bitch about Kawhi or Manu for the last 2 years is incredible. Truly fucking stupid people.

ElNono
07-03-2016, 07:25 PM
I know ElNono has to feed his kids, but 12m/year for Manu is crazy talk and I love him.

He shouldn't make more money than TD at all. That's the ceiling.

If he wants to join the overpaying party of this ridiculous FA, he will probably need to retire playing for a shit team willing to pay him 10m+. I don't think he should play for peanuts, but i'd lose some respect for him if he leaves to play in a shit team for $.

One wise man once said failure is success that hasn't happened yet.

Thank you for thinking of the children.

elemento
07-03-2016, 07:27 PM
One wise man once said failure is success that hasn't happened yet.

Thank you for thinking of the children.

:bobo

tholdren
07-03-2016, 07:30 PM
The parker and pop hate is usually reasonable though... how anyone can bitch about Kawhi or Manu for the last 2 years is incredible. Truly fucking stupid people.
glad you can give the okay to criticize people - lol calling it hate. KL sucks ass in the 4th and is shitty trying to close out games. Is that hate, or honesty? I'm glad KL is on the spurs, and he's better than I thought he would be. So, why is it "hating"? And why can't he be criticized?

RD2191
07-03-2016, 07:37 PM
glad you can give the okay to criticize people - lol calling it hate. KL sucks ass in the 4th and is shitty trying to close out games. Is that hate, or honesty? I'm glad KL is on the spurs, and he's better than I thought he would be. So, why is it "hating"? And why can't he be criticized?
Because he's 25 and has accomplished more in 5 seasons than most players do in their career. If Kawhi is a "choker" then so is almost every other "star" player in the NBA sans LeBron and Kyrie (as of late).

tholdren
07-03-2016, 07:39 PM
Because he's 25 and has accomplished more in 5 seasons than most players do in their career. If Kawhi is a "choker" then so is almost every other "star" player in the NBA sans LeBron and Kyrie (as of late).
So because he's accomplished "more in 5 seasons than most people do" he cannot be criticized?

RD2191
07-03-2016, 07:43 PM
So because he's accomplished "more in 5 seasons than most people do" he cannot be criticized?

He surely can be criticized but it isn't warranted(yet).

DAF86
07-03-2016, 07:55 PM
Probably the best player you can get for the vet minimum, tbh.

noles1983
07-03-2016, 07:56 PM
Probably the best player you can get for the vet minimum, tbh.

but what if he wants big bucks? I'm all for the vet min, more than that then he can eat shit.

spursistan
07-03-2016, 07:57 PM
Welcome back..whatever happens next season we'll get a "farewell tour" :cry..hopefully Timmy joins him...

DAF86
07-03-2016, 07:58 PM
but what if he wants big bucks? I'm all for the vet min, more than that then he can eat shit.

When he opted out of his player option the believe was that he was doing the Spurs a solid one so they could sign him for the minimum.

spurs10
07-03-2016, 08:06 PM
When he opted out of his player option the believe was that he was doing the Spurs a solid one so they could sign him for the minimum. Yes it's doubtful he didn't talk to PATFO and just opted out with the plan of signing with whoever had the deepest pockets.

spurtech09
07-03-2016, 08:13 PM
Welcome back Manu......Now for Durant to Join the spurs :(

SilverSpur
07-03-2016, 08:46 PM
Nice to know it will be his last and we can plan for the future.
Welcome back Manu, have a great year.

SupremeGuy
07-03-2016, 08:53 PM
glad you can give the okay to criticize people - lol calling it hate. KL sucks ass in the 4th and is shitty trying to close out games. Is that hate, or honesty? I'm glad KL is on the spurs, and he's better than I thought he would be. So, why is it "hating"? And why can't he be criticized?What criteria would he need to meet for you to not criticize? Honestly curious.

TheGreatYacht
07-03-2016, 09:46 PM
yes, TGY and the rest of the short bussers like that are cancer
Your welching ass should've stayed banned, tbh. No one noticed faggot.

cutewizard
07-03-2016, 09:53 PM
Manu will come back as a mentor, ..............i hope the new young guns listen to him.....Murray, Bertans, etc

cutewizard
07-03-2016, 09:54 PM
the NBA should expand the roster to 17, to accomodate two "mentors" or "playing coaches"

in this case, Manu and Timmy.....

just a weird idea, hehehehehe

tholdren
07-03-2016, 10:11 PM
What criteria would he need to meet for you to not criticize? Honestly curious.
none - there is no perfect player. every player, every game can and should be critiqued. crying about getting critiqued is a trait of those who won't or can't get better.

win a 2nd rd/wcf series as "the man" is step 1 for KL

Solid D
07-03-2016, 10:29 PM
Glad Manu is back. I pretty much ignore the haters (old, tired recordings of non-forgiveness for '06 and '13). We get it, you have issues and can't forgive someone. Get some more counseling and live well! Manu is still a good asset. Even his weakest area, turnovers per 100 possessions, was fairly decent. Ranked 8th worst on the Spurs in the playoffs - of the double-digit minutes guys, ranked better than Tony, Tim, Kyle, Patty & Boris.

Regular season he was third worst, but better than Boris Diaw (team worst 18.9%).

Welcome back, I like his competitive fire & general leadership.

SAGirl
07-03-2016, 10:54 PM
Glad Manu is back. I pretty much ignore the haters (old, tired recordings of non-forgiveness for '06 and '13). We get it, you have issues and can't forgive someone. Get some more counseling and live well! Manu is still a good asset. Even his weakest area, turnovers per 100 possessions, was fairly decent. Ranked 8th worst on the Spurs in the playoffs - of the double-digit minutes guys, ranked better than Tony, Tim, Kyle, Patty & Boris.

Regular season he was third worst, but better than Boris Diaw (team worst 18.9%).

Welcome back, I like his competitive fire & general leadership.
Not a great achievement to be better than Diaw, but I am not trolling. I have no issue with paying Manu. If we were serious about it, Boris wasn't earning his keep.

SASdynasty!
07-03-2016, 11:08 PM
Best part of this is that if Tim comes back, they can keep shattering all the trio records and maybe put them out of reach.

50Bestspurever
07-04-2016, 12:58 AM
Glad he is back. if there is anyone who can adjust to a diminished role its a man who came off the bench when he could've started for any other team. I just wish he wouldn't play in the dam Olympics.

Old School 44
07-04-2016, 01:16 AM
Best part of this is that if Tim comes back, they can keep shattering all the trio records and maybe put them out of reach.
With Manu coming back, imo Tim's a lock to return. I believe last year when Manu was considering retirement, TD convinced him to stay.

Solid D
07-04-2016, 01:16 AM
Not a great achievement to be better than Diaw, but I am not trolling. I have no issue with paying Manu. If we were serious about it, Boris wasn't earning his keep.

Agreed, however, people don't usually complain nor focus on regular season. They focus on the playoff performance, successes and failures. So, 8th in most turnovers per 100 trips doesn't stand out at all.

SD126
07-04-2016, 01:19 AM
At this point any broken down stiffs on the roster just encourages Poop to ride the old hands in the playoffs too long

:pop: how many championships have you won?

Mouth is Bleeding
07-04-2016, 01:36 AM
Manu column out!

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1915122-me-senti-comodo-todo-el-ano-y-estoy-sano-por-que-no-seguir-adelante

Mouth is Bleeding
07-04-2016, 01:42 AM
Eagerly awaiting translations but from what I can tell, there are some interesting things open for speculation even if its rather pointless because we will know what will happen soon enough.

skulls138
07-04-2016, 02:01 AM
I wouldn't blame Parker for 13. A lot of players deserve blame, Ginobili certainly not least of which. Over the years they've all played a part in the miss championships. It's basketball but I sure as hell enjoyed 14 more than the other 4. Ginobili and his style of play made the beautiful game beautiful.

This is is like Warriors fans hating Steph for shitting the bed this year. It's hard to win chips.No doubt about '14 and Manus contribution to it. One of the best moments of my sports viewing life, and Ive been lucky. But still, with all the crap TP gets on these boards, if a few things that normally would go right went right, Parker's stature would be bigger. He was kind of robbed of personal glory.

As for Steph, arrogance without winning it all is going to bite you in the ass. Thats why arrogance is so stupid. If you win it all, theres no more to say, if you dont you look stupid.

SAGirl
07-04-2016, 02:25 AM
I will let ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) do his magic. He did talk to Pop who told him he wants him back but he does mention he's aware of FA and mentioned that he will wait to see what happens with Durant, but that the Spurs are also looking at a center. He didn't seem to me like he would discard the possibility of playing for another team if the $ is not right, although his priority is SA.

He does sound like he's hearing offers from other teams and he like feels he could potentially do more than this one year if he reaches July of 2017 feeling basically the same.

ElNono
07-04-2016, 02:32 AM
Manu column out!

http://canchallena.lanacion.com.ar/1915122-me-senti-comodo-todo-el-ano-y-estoy-sano-por-que-no-seguir-adelante

Eagerly awaiting translations but from what I can tell, there are some interesting things open for speculation even if its rather pointless because we will know what will happen soon enough.

Here:
http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261900&p=8651752#post8651752

Mouth is Bleeding
07-04-2016, 02:37 AM
I will let ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) do his magic. He did talk to Pop who told him he wants him back but he does mention he's aware of FA and mentioned that he will wait to see what happens with Durant, but that the Spurs are also looking at a center. He didn't seem to me like he would discard the possibility of playing for another team if the $ is not right, although his priority is SA.

He does sound like he's hearing offers from other teams and he like feels he could potentially do more than this one year if he reaches July of 2017 feeling basically the same.

Or maybe Manu deliberately didn't write that sentence? My translation says Pop saying "Yes I talked to Pop told me he loved me" which is more open, more dramatic and maybe more goodbye?

There might not be anything more than the vet min from the Spurs but from other teams between 10-15 million. Look at what Crawford is getting and the smart GMs in the league knows that Manu's impact always and forever surpasses his, all the smart numbers say that...

Manu even opens another door by talking about being open to playing more years which opens even more possibilities when it comes to contracts.

It's going to be very very interesting.

EDIT:

Ty Nono as always for the translation and you also come up with "Pop: he told me he wanted me back" which is clear and great to hear also

SAGirl
07-04-2016, 02:40 AM
Or maybe Manu deliberately didn't write that sentence? My translation says Pop saying "I love you" which is more open, more dramatic and maybe more goodbye?

There might not be anything more than the vet min from the Spurs but from other teams between 10-15 million. Look at what Crawford is getting and the smart GMs in the league knows that Manu's impact always and forever surpasses his, all the smart numbers say that...

Manu even opens another door by talking about being open to playing more years which opens even more possibilities when it comes contracts.

It's going to be very very interesting.
What sentence? Pop said he'd love to have Manu back but Manu mentioned Durant, a center, and the fact he's hearing offers from teams and seeing what else is out there for him, despite the fact he loves Pop and the Spurs and it's been his home for 14 years.

Mouth is Bleeding
07-04-2016, 02:45 AM
What sentence? Pop said he'd love to have Manu back but Manu mentioned Durant, a center, and the fact he's hearing offers from teams and seeing what else is out there for him, despite the fact he loves Pop and the Spurs and it's been his home for 14 years.

See my edit.

My translation simply offered: "Yes I talked to Pop and he told me he loved me" haha but missed out on the specifics about wanting him back.

I'm glad my translation sucked! :bobo

SAGirl
07-04-2016, 02:52 AM
See my edit.

My translation simply offered: "Yes I talked to Pop and he told me he loved me" haha but missed out on the specifics about wanting him back.

I'm glad my translation sucked! :bobo
Lol yes it's basically love to have him back ... it seems both team and coach want to get back together but team is subbordinating Manu to other priorities while Manu is keeping his options open for now. It does sound like he wants to be back with SA but that is not a given at this point and he's not above playing somewhere else. He also sounds content. I think we need some hungry young guys TBH.

SupremeGuy
07-04-2016, 04:52 AM
none - there is no perfect player. every player, every game can and should be critiqued. crying about getting critiqued is a trait of those who won't or can't get better.

win a 2nd rd/wcf series as "the man" is step 1 for KLAs expected, you're full of shit. I figured you'd at least come up with some insane criteria but I guess there's just too much fear in your mind that Kawhi could actually reach said criteria and render your anti-Kawhi bullshit null and void. Thanks for that. :lol

:claw

Bender
07-04-2016, 06:10 AM
if wonder if he wants to get paid for his final year. He sees all the money being thrown around. Like others have said, my first thought was that he opted out in order to take less, to help the team. Now I am wondering if it may have been for the opposite.

Pocho La Pantera
07-04-2016, 10:28 AM
Lol manu wants to get paid. He's no Timmy.he wants to get paid!! woww, he´s a thieve.

kaji157
07-04-2016, 10:34 AM
if wonder if he wants to get paid for his final year. He sees all the money being thrown around. Like others have said, my first thought was that he opted out in order to take less, to help the team. Now I am wondering if it may have been for the opposite.

He opted out because of his cap hold, plain and simple.
What the Spurs do now will dictate Manu´s future, if they sign a good FA and uses al the cap, he´ll sign the vet min, if there is some cap availability, then He´ll take it.