PDA

View Full Version : Sign Gasol, Wade, & Reed and call it an offseason

MoSpur
07-04-2016, 04:16 AM
Durantula isn't going to leave all that money in OKC. I'd be very surprised.

Ice009
07-04-2016, 04:39 AM
What money are you talking about? He'd make more signing with the Spurs if it's a short contract if you take out taxes. The only way he makes more in OKC is if he signs a long term contract, and do you see him signing a long term contract if it's not guaranteed that Westbrook and the rest of the team stays intact the next couple of seasons?

MoSpur
07-04-2016, 05:59 AM
I don't see Westbrook leaving

cutewizard
07-04-2016, 06:04 AM
go...............................

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-04-2016, 06:07 AM
Gasol AND Wade? With what money?

Spurtacular
07-04-2016, 08:02 AM

And yet, you wouldn't be very surprised if we signed Pau AND Wade.

Mr. Body
07-04-2016, 08:04 AM
Dumb take.

dbestpro
07-04-2016, 08:05 AM
I don't see Westbrook leaving

The Lakers will be all over this guy, and we wants to go back home where his type of fashion and style has a following.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2016, 08:06 AM

It's not really all that much money. ESPN wants you to think it is, but they never take the extra year into account. I've seen them comparing six years in OKC to four years somewhere else. Also figure that the cap is going to go up, so the max is going to go up as well.

If Durant signs a one year contract, he and Russ are both free agents next summer. Not sure he'd enjoy that.

cutewizard
07-04-2016, 12:09 PM
best bet to have Gasol now

GSH
07-04-2016, 12:11 PM
best bet to have Gasol now

Gasol could easily get $20M a year, if the chatter is remotely correct. To do that, the Spurs would have to do more damage to the roster than he would do good.

Bring on the Euros. Fill in with hungry young guys. Play your ass off and see what happens.

sasaint
07-04-2016, 12:13 PM
Gasol could easily get $20M a year, if the chatter is remotely correct. To do that, the Spurs would have to do more damage to the roster than he would do good.

Bring on the Euros. Fill in with hungry young guys. Play your ass off and see what happens.

And do not bring back Manu.

kjhip1
07-04-2016, 12:13 PM

Exactly. At least then you know what you have.

TimDunkem
07-04-2016, 12:20 PM
And do not bring back Manu.
I can already see him being overplayed and going down near the all-star break. Hooray for more of the same old guys!

MoSpur
07-04-2016, 12:50 PM
Gotta make a stron push for Reed and someone who can guard on the wing.

loveforthegame
07-04-2016, 12:57 PM
Warriors have contacted Reed and ZaZa. They plan on calling Dirk though that's a long shot.

spursnatic
07-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Who is Reed?

SilverSpur
07-04-2016, 01:16 PM
Sign Gasol, Robinson, play the euros and Forbes bring back Bryce Cotton to Austin for insurance.

SpurPadre
07-04-2016, 01:18 PM
Willis Reed? i know they have an old man fetish but this is going way too far...

baseline bum
07-04-2016, 01:20 PM

With Duncan retiring they just have to salary dump one of Diaw or Mills.

Kawhitstorm
07-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Who is Reed?

Dude that was playing in the D-League: Willie Reed

MoSpur
07-04-2016, 01:57 PM
One down. Time to get Reed. Dude is an athletic power forward.

Kawhitstorm
07-04-2016, 02:00 PM
With Duncan retiring they just have to salary dump one of Diaw or Mills.

PATFO need to start thinking of teams that will trade for Tim's contract ala Bruce Bowen. Need to tack on Porker's contract & recoup a young center/guard.

Actually, the Bucks yet against might be willing to trade for a retiring player's contract.:lol They have been trying to move Monroe/MCW since the trade deadline & haven't found takers. PATFO have nothing to lose at this point so might as well take a flier on 'em considering that both players gave GSW fits last season. The salaries match up perfect: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jb6papj

MCW is an expiring contract while Monroe will most likely opt-out next summer so the cap space won't be compromised. Monroe/LMA can play together on offense since they playing inside-out & Monroe is an underrated passer but Diaw will have to close game against small-ball. Otherwise, Monroe can play against tradition lineups ala Kanter/Love/Lopez.

Kawhitstorm
07-04-2016, 02:02 PM
One down. Time to get Reed. Dude is an athletic power forward.

Would help if he wasn't already 27.:lol

baseline bum
07-04-2016, 02:07 PM
PATFO need to start thinking of teams that will trade for Tim's contract ala Bruce Bowen. Need to tack on Porker's contract & recoup a young center/guard.

Actually, the Bucks yet against might be willing to trade for a retiring player's contract.:lol They have been trying to move Monroe/MCW since the trade deadline & haven't found takers. PATFO have nothing to lose at this point so might as well take a flier on 'em considering that both players gave GSW fits last season. The salaries match up perfect: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jb6papj

MCW is an expiring contract while Monroe will most likely opt-out next summer so the cap space won't be compromised. Monroe/LMA can play together on offense since they playing inside-out & Monroe is an underrated passer but Diaw will have to close game against small-ball. Otherwise, Monroe can play against tradition lineups ala Kanter/Love/Lopez.

The Spurs won't have the capspace for Monroe and to land MCW in that kind of deal they'd have to salary dump one of Diaw and Mills.

Kawhitstorm
07-04-2016, 02:14 PM
The Spurs won't have the capspace for Monroe and to land MCW in that kind of deal they'd have to salary dump one of Diaw and Mills.

What?

Who in the hell said you can't trade equivalent salaries, this ain't a sign & trade: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=jb6papj

Russo21
07-04-2016, 02:47 PM
if Timmy is gone there is no point keeping TP around. Fuck off.

lefty
07-04-2016, 02:50 PM
if Timmy is gone there is no point keeping TP around. Fuck off.
"I'm gonna play in San Antonio Forever"

https://sfbay.ca/home/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Tony-Parker.jpg