PDA

View Full Version : curry to the knicks

duncan_21
10-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Wow, curry to the knicks. Still haven't found out who the bulls are getting.

Kori Ellis
10-03-2005, 07:11 PM
Is it a done deal?

Where did you hear it?

duncan_21
10-03-2005, 07:12 PM
Is it a done deal?

Where did you hear it?

I heard it from the local radio station. Curry just didn't want to take a dna test, I don't blame him. I'll get more details in the next half hour.

duncan_21
10-03-2005, 07:18 PM
Paxson wasn't happy about this trade, sounds like I might have to wait til tommorrow to hear who the bulls got. The radio station is going to mnf coverage in 15 minutes.

Kori Ellis
10-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Well here was the story, as of last night ..

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/cs-051002bulls,1,4872944.story?coll=cs-bulls-headlines

By Marlen Garcia
Tribune staff reporter

October 2, 2005, 11:09 PM CDT

Eddy Curry should know Monday how badly Isiah Thomas wants him.

Thomas, president of the Knicks, has been trying to find a way to land Curry for at least a year. He is Curry's only suitor but apparently is having second thoughts about pulling off a sign-and-trade for the Bulls' 6-foot-11-inch center.

As of Sunday night, negotiations between the Knicks and Bulls were stalled, according to a source.

Bulls general manager John Paxson balked at Thomas' initial offer to send Tim Thomas and Michael Sweetney and wants forward David Lee or Trevor Ariza, the source said.

Thomas, who took Jamal Crawford off the Bulls' hands in a sign-and-trade last summer, is said to be unwilling to meet Paxson's demand but offered to include first- and second-round draft picks.

Curry has until 11:59 p.m. Monday to accept the Bulls' one-year qualifying offer, but team officials have said they don't mind extending the deadline. If the Bulls and Knicks are close to a deal, that will happen.

The Bulls could include Eric Piatkowski or Jannero Pargo in the deal.

The Knicks need better outside shooting, and Piatkowski could fill the bill. Pargo's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Pargo would sign the Bulls' qualifying offer Monday unless he fits in a sign-and-trade.

If and when Curry accepts the qualifying offer, expect a dramatic chain of events, starting with his refusal to undergo a genetic test that could help determine the extent of his heart condition.

Paxson did not respond to messages over the weekend but has said he will comment Monday.

Sense
10-03-2005, 07:33 PM
This is...... good for the knicks?

Personally I think Chandler will improve immensely...
Which is great, I'm looking forward to seeing him improve...

ducks
10-03-2005, 07:45 PM
thomas paying curry 13 million a year is stupid

ducks
10-03-2005, 07:56 PM
http://www.nba.com/bulls/
Curry Traded to NY
Breaking News: Bulls GM John Paxson announced that the team has traded center Eddy Curry to the New York Knicks. Details of the trade will be posted as soon as they become available.

Horry For 3!
10-03-2005, 08:03 PM
I wonder what the Bulls will be getting....

Horry For 3!
10-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Probably a draft pick or something.

duncan_21
10-03-2005, 08:09 PM
How good is sweetney? I wonder if the bulls can get a good 6-5+ defensive minded guard out of the deal. The last thing they need is another big man.

JMarkJohns
10-03-2005, 09:11 PM
With Curry, James, Taylor and Rose, the Knicks have far too many mediocre to average players stealing playing time from Sweetney, Lee and Frye.

Horry For 3!
10-04-2005, 12:40 AM
With Curry, James, Taylor and Rose, the Knicks have far too many mediocre to average players stealing playing time from Sweetney, Lee and Frye.
Sweetney = Bulls

I wonder who is going to play PF for the Knicks since Sweetney is gone....Probably either Curry or Davis but yet there is Rose & Taylor.

JMarkJohns
10-04-2005, 03:16 AM
Yeah, I saw, but now it's Curry, James, Davis, Rose and Taylor blocking the development of Frye and Lee. Same movie, new cast...

duncan_21
10-04-2005, 07:38 AM
I guess the deal is curry and davis for thomas, sweetney, and jackson and I think a couple of picks. There's a better thread in the spurs forum.

Sense
10-04-2005, 09:53 PM
I guess the deal is curry and davis for thomas, sweetney, and jackson and I think a couple of picks. There's a better thread in the spurs forum.

Iseah does it again!