PDA

View Full Version : Durant is a beta in everyone's eyes now

dabom
07-04-2016, 10:58 AM
All athletes and people world wide see him as a bitch now.

Probably thought he can win FMVP in GS. He wasn't winning it over Kawhi.

Beaverfuzz
07-04-2016, 10:59 AM
I don't see him as a bitch, If I considered him a bitch, he'd have signed something longer than a two (one) year contract.

dabom
07-04-2016, 11:01 AM
I don't see him as a bitch, If I considered him a bitch, he'd have signed something longer than a two (one) year contract.

From a money perspective, he gets more signing that 1+1 deal. He has zero incentive to sign a longer deal.

Sandman52
07-04-2016, 11:02 AM
Screamin' A Smith just torched him on ESPN!

Sandman52
07-04-2016, 11:03 AM

"Weakest move I've ever seen by an athlete."

dabom
07-04-2016, 11:04 AM

I don't disagree. Link please. I can't find it.

cutewizard
07-04-2016, 11:05 AM

-----------------------

link pls

offset formation
07-04-2016, 11:10 AM
From a money perspective, he gets more signing that 1+1 deal. He has zero incentive to sign a longer deal.

So not a beta then? Fucking moron.

John Petrucci
07-04-2016, 11:16 AM
The last two MVP's of the league have teamed up after going to a game 7 in the WCF :lol

Not sure how someone could think that the Wade/Bosh thing was in the same stratosphere as this.

cutewizard
07-04-2016, 11:30 AM
Here is the link guys:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16761817/nba-players-react-kevin-durant-decision-join-golden-state-warriors

Obstructed_View
07-04-2016, 11:31 AM

Not like SAS had a personal beef with Durant or anything. He's far too professional for that, right?

cjw
07-04-2016, 11:31 AM
Curry is forever tarnished now too. Will never be best player on his own team again, nor win a Finals MVP

Spurs 4 The Win
07-04-2016, 11:32 AM

tmtcsc
07-04-2016, 11:34 AM
I think the Spurs just got a bunch of new fans. Congrats GS, you are now the most hated team and the target on your chests are that much bigger. This should be fun. I imagine San Antonio also just became an even more attractive destination for Free Agents next year. Hmmm, Westbrook and Chris Paul will be free. Maybe OKC trades Westbrook this season to the Spurs. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

cutewizard
07-04-2016, 11:36 AM
I think the Spurs just got a bunch of new fans. Congrats GS, you are now the most hated team and the target on your chests are that much bigger. This should be fun. I imagine San Antonio also just became an even more attractive destination for Free Agents next year. Hmmm, Westbrook and Chris Paul will be free. Maybe OKC trades Westbrook this season to the Spurs. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

may it be......

tholdren
07-04-2016, 11:37 AM
Jusuf Nurkić @nurkic23 (https://twitter.com/nurkic23)

Somebody beat you ! And you go there... ? Superstar not doing that man..

Even the foreigners get it.

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2016, 11:44 AM
I've been saying this about Dominos for years, as most here know..it's funny how long it takes people to realize the truth about a media-protected player:lol

He's one of the softest superstars I've ever seen, and he's protected by the media more than any star I have ever seen..Westbrook receives all the blame, while Dominos gets all the credit when they succeed..

His skinny frame, along with his pre-pubescent skin makes appear non-threatening, and he became even more of a darling after his "u the real MVP" speech..

timtonymanu
07-04-2016, 11:51 AM
I've been saying this about Dominos for years, as most here know..it's funny how long it takes people to realize the truth about a media-protected player:lol

He's one of the softest superstars I've ever seen, and he's protected by the media more than any star I have ever seen..Westbrook receives all the blame, while Dominos gets all the credit when they succeed..

His skinny frame, along with his pre-pubescent skin makes appear non-threatening, and he became even more of a darling after his "u the real MVP" speech..

You even have people bumping your Westbrook thread still. Durant was forever confirmed beta to me after his no show in the WCF.

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2016, 11:52 AM
You even have people bumping your Westbrook thread still. Durant was forever confirmed beta to me after his no show in the WCF.

He loves to be in situations where he receives minimal heat from the fans and the media, tbh..

He was in a perfect situation where Russ received all the heat, and now he joins a team that just suffered one of the biggest choke jobs in league history:lol..Curry will receive more blame than him, too..

From a basketball perspective, he's the Karl Malone of our era, and from a media perspective, I can't think of a comparison, as usually the protected stars are winners with rings..

K...
07-04-2016, 11:54 AM

Uh he was beta in his Texas longhorns career to tbqh. Should have gone to duke

timtonymanu
07-04-2016, 11:54 AM
He loves to be in situations where he receives minimal heat from the fans and the media, tbh..

He was in a perfect situation where Russ received all the heat, and now he joins a team that just suffered one of the biggest choke jobs in league history:lol..Curry will receive more blame than him, too..

From a basketball perspective, he's the Karl Malone of our era, and from a media perspective, I can't think of a comparison, as usually the protected stars are winners with rings..

Plus he gets to play with Draymond, the most hated player currently I'm sure.

K...
07-04-2016, 11:55 AM

Karl Malone didn't go ring chasing this early

Keepin' it real
07-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Durant is a beta in everyone's eyes

One thing I know for sure is that you're not qualified to speak for everyone. Hell, you can't even speak for yourself, so zip it.

Obstructed_View
07-04-2016, 11:56 AM
Durant is sour grapes in everyone's eyes now. Durant is a target for anyone with a personal axe to grind (SAS).

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2016, 12:03 PM
Karl Malone didn't go ring chasing this early

Referring to his on-court results..

dbreiden83080
07-04-2016, 12:06 PM

Malone gets shit for not winning a ring because he stuck it out and didn't get it done, even though he had 2 chances in the finals. However his legacy to me is secured as one of the all time greats, because of what he gave to Utah every year. This really is the bitch moves of moves on KD's part..

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2016, 12:10 PM
Malone gets shit for not winning a ring because he stuck it out and didn't get it done, even though he had 2 chances in the finals. However his legacy to me is secured as one of the all time greats, because of what he gave to Utah every year. This really is the bitch moves of moves on KD's part..

I'm not comparing Dominos to Malone off the court:lol..they are both elite, historic RS players that routinely choked in the playoffs and in big moments..

They are nothing alike, off the court, obviously..I hate Durant more than anybody, but he isn't a pedophile, rapist, deadbeat father:lol

kaji157
07-04-2016, 12:18 PM
Clearly the NBA should find a way to stop the ring chansing around the league or it will get worse.
I think with the new cap is even more likely as there would be a lot of room for big contracts.
I would impose a new restriction stating that a teams's 3 biggest contracts cannot surpass 60 millions and teamīs 4 best contracts cannot be over 75 millions.
In that way at least you control th ammount of 20+ million contracts a team can give.

From Downtown
07-04-2016, 12:58 PM
Jusuf Nurkić @nurkic23 (https://twitter.com/nurkic23)

Somebody beat you ! And you go there... ? Superstar not doing that man..

Even the foreigners get it.
He's 101% right

dbestpro
07-04-2016, 01:02 PM
Durant wanted to be called "The Servant." People called him "The Slim Reaper". He now will be forever lovingly referred to as "Coattails".

Beaverfuzz
07-04-2016, 01:32 PM

Correct, but to make a statement. He has so much from Nike anyway, and that's pretty much guaranteed.

dbestpro
07-04-2016, 02:04 PM
It would be so Hilarious if Durant did to the Warriors what Jordan did to the Mavs.

Tully365
07-04-2016, 02:29 PM
I don't get the Durant hate-- if you take all the emotion out of the decision, he simply made the smartest basketball move, which is probably how Jerry West sold it to him.

The Warriors are a better constructed team than the Thunder, play better team basketball, and have a better contract situation with Klay & Draymond locked up and Curry pretty much guaranteed to stay after next year. Westbrook is much more mercurial than Curry, and isn't a surefire guarantee to stay in OKC after next season. It was the best possible choice he could've made.

DAF86
07-04-2016, 02:32 PM
Lebron at least created a superteam from scratch. This bitch is joined an already stacked champion.

I wonder if GS losing the final gave Durant the perfect excuse to sign with them. He was like: "Hey, they lost the final. I'm not a total pussy ass bitch".

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2016, 02:34 PM
I don't have a problem with Dominos joining GS, it's the intelligent move, tbh..

I've just always strongly disliked him, and it's nice to see many fans and media finally turn on his bitch-ass:lol..I've never seen a star choke so many times and still receive a pass..

resistanze
07-04-2016, 02:39 PM
Lebron at least created a superteam from scratch. This bitch is joined an already stacked champion.

I wonder if GS losing the final gave Durant the perfect excuse to sign with them. He was like: "Hey, they lost the final. I'm not a total pussy ass bitch".

It definitely did.

Russo21
07-04-2016, 02:40 PM
Pussy

hooperflash
07-04-2016, 03:04 PM
Overall, he lost a ton of respect. He should've gone to Boston if he was to leave OKC.

Mr. Body
07-04-2016, 03:39 PM
He's a lame ass punk. And now GSW will fully have everyone against them.

UZER
07-04-2016, 03:44 PM
Roc Nation played a big part in his decision. They wanted him east or West, not midwest.

Horse
07-04-2016, 03:55 PM

He always has been

Hoops Czar
07-04-2016, 03:59 PM
I don't have a problem with Dominos joining GS, it's the intelligent move, tbh..

I've just always strongly disliked him, and it's nice to see many fans and media finally turn on his bitch-ass:lol..I've never seen a star choke so many times and still receive a pass..

You simply don't know how this works. The media's turning on him just the way they did Lebron. In 1-2 year's time, nobody is going to give two shits as long as the ratings whores known as the NBA can make money off of it. This is all manufactured NBA drama.

:lol Lebron taking his talents to South Beach and an hour long infomercial announcing his decision.
:lol Cleveland winning the draft lottery 3 out of 4 years (NBA owned Hornets won the other) Cleveland' odds of winning the lottery 3 out of 4 years were less than someone winning powerball.
:lolLebron's triumphant return to Cleveland
:lol Cleveland trailing 3-1 in the finals when Draymond Green is suspended (should have been suspended during the OKC series but, it was conveniently overlooked.) turning the series upside down. Fouling Curry out of a game with horrendous ticky tack fouls didn't help either. Cleveland is the first team to comeback in the finals after trailing in a series 3-1.
:lolDurant signs with OKC.

Things just miraculously happen in the NBA that don't seem to happen in other sports. And when KD triumphantly makes his return to OKC, he'll be a hero again and the media will love him.

SPURt
07-04-2016, 04:00 PM
Durant and the Warriors already don't handle the media well. This is going to be an interesting season. Durant is getting flamed like crazy.

cjw
07-04-2016, 04:04 PM
Durant and the Warriors already don't handle the media well. This is going to be an interesting season. Durant is getting flamed like crazy.

I doubt he even shows up in OKC this year. Adams may murder him.

Will anyone on team USA talk to him?

Hoops Czar
07-04-2016, 04:05 PM

Klay Thompson will.

SPURt
07-04-2016, 04:06 PM
You simply don't know how this works. The media's turning on him just the way they did Lebron. In 1-2 year's time, nobody is going to give two shits as long as the ratings whores known as the NBA can make money off of it. This is all manufactured NBA drama.

:lol Lebron taking his talents to South Beach and an hour long infomercial announcing his decision.
:lol Cleveland winning the draft lottery 3 out of 4 years (NBA owned Hornets won the other) Cleveland' odds of winning the lottery 3 out of 4 years were less than someone winning powerball.
:lolLebron's triumphant return to Cleveland
:lol Cleveland trailing 3-1 in the finals when Draymond Green is suspended (should have been suspended during the OKC series but, it was conveniently overlooked.) turning the series upside down. Fouling Curry fouling out of a game with horrendous ticky tack fouls didn't help either. Cleveland is the first team to comeback in the finals after trailing in a series 3-1.
:lolDurant signs with OKC.

Things just miraculously happen in the NBA that don't seem to happen in other sports. And when KD triumphantly makes his return to OKC, he'll be a hero again and the media will love him.

I do agree the media/fans will get over this craziness... eventually, but you're leaving out some stuff. The Lebron thing was a lot different. Miami was not a Finals team when LBJ went there. Lebron left a horrible organization with no talent. Lebron lost the first and last finals in Miami then won a title for Cleveland.

If KD and the Warriors go on a three peat I think it's a totally different narrative than Lebron's situation. On top of that, I don't think KD can win a title in the same way Lebron has been able to win. Lebron can take over games on both sides of the ball, KD cannot. This will not be remembered in the same way as Lebron.

SPURt
07-04-2016, 04:07 PM

Being as they are all getting paid more money than 99% of the world to put a ball in a hole that they are all genetically predisposed to be good at, I'd hope they can at least talk to each other. It's not like lives have been ruined or lost.

cjw
07-04-2016, 04:09 PM
Being as they are all getting paid more money than 99% of the world to put a ball in a hole that they are all genetically predisposed to be good at, I'd hope they can at least talk to each other. It's not like lives have been ruined or lost.

Well, they could probably go out there blindfolded and win a gold medal.

SPURt
07-04-2016, 04:15 PM
Well, they could probably go out there blindfolded and win a gold medal.

It's true, there aren't any international teams with enough depth. Spain is still good but the US has too many great players going. The sad part is Lebron and Kawhi aren't even going and still the US team is going to destroy teams.

tholdren
07-04-2016, 04:45 PM
I do agree the media/fans will get over this craziness... eventually, but you're leaving out some stuff. The Lebron thing was a lot different. Miami was not a Finals team when LBJ went there. Lebron left a horrible organization with no talent. Lebron lost the first and last finals in Miami then won a title for Cleveland.

If KD and the Warriors go on a three peat I think it's a totally different narrative than Lebron's situation. On top of that, I don't think KD can win a title in the same way Lebron has been able to win. Lebron can take over games on both sides of the ball, KD cannot. This will not be remembered in the same way as Lebron.
Bullshit - LeBum called all the shots in cleveland since he was drafted. He chose the players and the coaches, then he wasn't as great as he thought, jumped ship to a team with no contenders in the east - sucked that dry by getting BAILED out by Ray Allen and KL - then conveniently goes back to Cleveland where another Big 2 awaits not to mention his picks for bench and coach.

LeDouche is a girl. The only quality Draymond has, is that he would have wiped LeBums bald spot on the court had they gotten down. But LeBum conveniently mixes it up just in reach of a ref or a teammate.

Bailed out By Miami - Bailed out by Ray Allen - Bailed out by Kyrie Irving - By my count he's got .5 ring

SPURt
07-04-2016, 04:55 PM
Bullshit - LeBum called all the shots in cleveland since he was drafted. He chose the players and the coaches, then he wasn't as great as he thought, jumped ship to a team with no contenders in the east - sucked that dry by getting BAILED out by Ray Allen and KL - then conveniently goes back to Cleveland where another Big 2 awaits not to mention his picks for bench and coach.

LeDouche is a girl. The only quality Draymond has, is that he would have wiped LeBums bald spot on the court had they gotten down. But LeBum conveniently mixes it up just in reach of a ref or a teammate.

Bailed out By Miami - Bailed out by Ray Allen - Bailed out by Kyrie Irving - By my count he's got .5 ring

And some fans will never get over Lebron's decisions, as your reaction illustrates. Lebron definitely played a role amassing shit talent in Cleveland the first time round though he did a pretty good job getting Tristan Thompson locked in the second time round, so at least he got one right.

No matter how you count it, Lebron has 3 rings unfortunately. I am not a Lebron fan but I was really glad the Cavs beat the Warriors the way they did. Still, Miami didn't make it to the Finals or win a title with the roster they had pre-Lebron/Bosh. That is what makes KD's decision a little less competitive.

tholdren
07-04-2016, 04:59 PM
And some fans will never get over Lebron's decisions, as your reaction illustrates. Lebron definitely played a role amassing shit talent in Cleveland the first time round though he did a pretty good job getting Tristan Thompson locked in the second time round, so at least he got one right.

No matter how you count it, Lebron has 3 rings unfortunately. I am not a Lebron fan but I was really glad the Cavs beat the Warriors the way they did. Still, Miami didn't make it to the Finals or win a title with the roster they had pre-Lebron/Bosh. That is what makes KD's decision a little less competitive.
Basketball fans will never get over the decision. Player and team fans will. What they do is ruin the game, ruin the competitive spirit, and ruin any type of team loyalty - so player fans and team fans should care too. LeDouches legacy would have been a million times better than it is or will be had he stayed with CLE and just won 1.

Dro210
07-04-2016, 05:17 PM

It's definitely worldwide now... He's always been a beta bitch tho. Those that know, know. Still would have taken him here, but that's another story.

And they're gonna have to actually win the Finals before they can fight over Finals MVP. I'm not counting on it, tbh.

SPURt
07-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Basketball fans will never get over the decision. Player and team fans will. What they do is ruin the game, ruin the competitive spirit, and ruin any type of team loyalty - so player fans and team fans should care too. LeDouches legacy would have been a million times better than it is or will be had he stayed with CLE and just won 1.

I totally agree with you. The "decision" (TV Special) itself shouldn't and will never be repeated. What KD did seems bad for the league today. If the Warriors are head and shoulders above the entire NBA and sweep through the playoffs it will be awful to see and for the NBA logo.

I am still holding out hope that what KD has done is going to draw the best out of the competition. I hope that Kawhi and all the Spurs take it personally and achieve because of it.

I do think what KD did is worse than Lebron, though more tastefully presented to the world it's way more of a lame move. Durant is going to a 73 win team with 3 all stars and a back to back MVP. I would guess the odds of GS winning the championship this year will be more favorable than the Heat the year Lebron left.

spurtech09
07-04-2016, 05:28 PM
Miami Heat all over again.......

Taking it to the Hole
07-04-2016, 05:59 PM
I think everyone always knew Durant was a beta. He never did anything on the court to disprove that notion. What is even sadder is that the guy has all the talent in the world but he shrinks away from the big moment. As much as people want to say it was Westbrook's fault they lost to GS in the WCF , I think more of the blame has to rest with Durant. Westbrook for all his pompous behavior plays like an alpha even if he screws his team over. At least Westbrook takes the challenge directed towards him but Durant will do everything to put it on the shoulders of someone else. C'mon he had everything lined up for him to go to the Finals this year and he couldn't close the deal? The Thunder had the Dubs whooped and they threw in the towel and a lot of that was Durant. He had a team that was capable of going to the Finals and beating the Cavs easily and they choke because Durant has always wanted the attention and treatment of a superstar without the responsibility. I say go to GS and be the player that they will allow you to be and he did exactly that.

Russ
07-04-2016, 06:16 PM
Better a beta with a ring than an alpha with nada.

Josepatches_
07-04-2016, 06:51 PM
Not agree. If the Warriors win next year the credit for KD is going to be very small. He's never going to be an all-time top10. He ruined his legacy and ruined Curry's one too. And if they lose.....it would be epic failure.

Russ
07-04-2016, 06:58 PM
I heard this OKC insider guy named Jim Ross on ESPN radio.

He thinks that Durant and Westbrook are going to team up again soon (seems to think there's a real bond there).

I could only see that happening with the Lakers.

So Durant may just be in GS one year to get a ring (get that out of the way) and then move on.

Mr. Body
07-04-2016, 07:02 PM

He thinks that Durant and Westbrook are going to team up again soon (seems to think there's a real bond there).

So Durant may just be in GS one year to get a ring (get that out of the way) and then move on.

Thats incredibly stupid on a number of levels.

Russ
07-04-2016, 07:21 PM
Thats incredibly stupid on a number of levels.

Let's try, for instance, one . . .

baseline bum
07-04-2016, 07:24 PM

Hearing that makes you wonder if this is also about Durant being pissed about being rushed back in 2014-15 with the Jones fracture.

LakerHater
07-04-2016, 07:28 PM

picnroll
07-04-2016, 07:28 PM
Kevin Durant
Kevin Durant – Verified account ‏@KDTrey5

Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!
7:09 AM - 16 Jul 2010
61.9K RETWEETS30K LIKES