PDA

View Full Version : Westbrook And Spurs Need Each Other

Pages : [1] 2

TD 21
07-04-2016, 03:32 PM
As much as I dislike him and the two sides are polar opposites and would probably ideally want to have nothing to do with each other, if both want to get back into contention fast, it's the only way.

He can't go to the Warriors or Cavaliers and the only other team at about the level of the Spurs, that's one major piece away from having a punchers chance, is the Clippers. Paul is up at the same time and given the 3 year age gap, it's possible they'd pursue Westbrook, in which case everything I've just said would apply to Paul.

Mr. Body
07-04-2016, 03:34 PM
He's going to LA. Either team.

Hoops Czar
07-04-2016, 03:34 PM
Westbrook would leave OKC to come to another small market team like the Spurs.

Chillen
07-04-2016, 03:36 PM
Westbrook should seek a trade at this point, OKC will struggle to grab the 8th seed.

ducks
07-04-2016, 03:37 PM
Thunder are trying to extend him
See him being traded if they can not

TheGreatYacht
07-04-2016, 03:41 PM
No way he goes to the Lolkers :lol

If the Clips don't keep CP3, that's pretty much the only team that can take him besides us out in the west

Mugen
07-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Why? We already got TP. :lobt2:

slick'81
07-04-2016, 03:42 PM
Well okc could deal him

HarlemHeat37
07-04-2016, 03:42 PM
He's one of the biggest fashion icons in the world, can't see him playing in SA, tbh..

montgod
07-04-2016, 03:43 PM
If he doesn't restructure and re-sign in OKC, they trading to highest bidder. Unfortunately that wouldn't be Spurs with our current pieces. I could see teams like AZ, LA try and jump in the mix with agreement he would sign long term

TD 21
07-04-2016, 03:43 PM
I don't see it either. I'm just saying, he's athletically reliant, has had 3 knee surgeries and is getting on in his prime. If he wants an immediate path (in '17) back into contention, it's Spurs or bust.

Tully365
07-04-2016, 03:44 PM
I'd bet he winds up in L.A.

He'll like the glitz. He's a style over substance type of guy.

SPURt
07-04-2016, 03:45 PM
He's one of the biggest fashion icons in the world, can't see him playing in SA, tbh..
What if the Spurs bring back the Fiesta colors? That seems to be right up his ally?

What would the Spurs need to give up to get Westbrook?

hooperflash
This is true, tbh .

montgod
I don't see it either. I'm just saying, he's athletically reliant, has had 3 knee surgeries and is getting on in his prime. If he wants an immediate path (in '17) back into contention, it's Spurs or bust.

Agreed but currently not his choice where he goes

montgod
07-04-2016, 03:46 PM
What if the Spurs bring back the Fiesta colors? That seems to be right up his ally?

They wouldn't agree to a trade with anything less than Kawhi or Aldridge imo

spursistan
07-04-2016, 03:48 PM
Don't see it due to his personal lifestyle... the Spurs might have a chance in hell at CP3 in 2017, tho..I think Paul will start the ring-chase after next season, heck even one WCF or final appearance..

SPURt
07-04-2016, 03:50 PM

Welp, it's been nice seeing you play for a year LMA.

RD2191
07-04-2016, 03:52 PM
CP3 is as big a diva as Russ. He would never come to SA.

Kawhitstorm
07-04-2016, 03:55 PM

Like I mentioned in the other post, trading him to the Lakers for D-Bust/Ingram+Deng makes since OKC is rebuilding.

NASpurs
07-04-2016, 03:56 PM
http://hoopshype.com/2016/05/14/nba-free-agency-2017-point-guards/

Ugh... if you think about the realistic options for next year and look at that list, shit looks rough. :lol

Maybe Pop will treat Murray like TP and start him next year. I don't know.

Kawhitstorm
07-04-2016, 03:56 PM
CP3 is as big a diva as Russ. He would never come to SA.

Choke-P3 played in New Orleans & grew up in North Carolina. Tony is his buddy & he sees Tim as his big brother.

lilbthebasedgod
07-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Westbrook isn't who we need.

I think he'd be a good fit if Duncan stays, but we need another bench big for now.

DieHardSpursFan1537
07-04-2016, 03:57 PM
Westbrook needs to get the fuck out of OKC now. There's nothing left on that team aside from Steven Adams.

DAF86
07-04-2016, 03:58 PM
CP3 would be perfect here.

RD2191
07-04-2016, 03:59 PM
Tbh Russ should go East. Maybe the Knicks?

RD2191
07-04-2016, 04:00 PM
What about Hill next season?

offset formation
07-04-2016, 04:05 PM
Westbrook needs to get the fuck out of OKC now. There's nothing left on that team aside from Steven Adams.

They become much much more guardable with no KD. Your help D doubles Westbrook making him the horrible chucker he can be. Then man most everyone else up.

There will be games Kanter and Olidipo go off too, but without KD, they just aren't scary anymore.

NASpurs
07-04-2016, 04:08 PM
OKC is so fucked at SF. Who's projected to start at SF? Who's even available that could patch up that position?

cjw
07-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Will Thunder ever retire KD's jersey? If they still have a team by the time he retires that is.

Canyonero
07-04-2016, 04:20 PM
CP3 would be perfect here.

Wake Forest connection tbh

montgod
07-04-2016, 04:22 PM
OKC is so fucked at SF. Who's projected to start at SF? Who's even available that could patch up that position?

Gerald Henderson?? Lol

dabom
07-04-2016, 04:24 PM
We need Godbrook.

AZK619
07-04-2016, 04:26 PM
I think he lands with the Lakers, and becomes their new superstar post-Kobe era. I would welcome him to the Spurs. His play in the playoffs showed that he has matured as a PG and he can be a top 5 player when he is on his game.

alpha_HaZE
07-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Thunder are trying to extend him
See him being traded if they can not

Westbrook to Spurs for Timmy+Boris+Mills?!

Do it Presti, come on :)!

Kawhitstorm
07-04-2016, 04:51 PM

Roberson is a naturally forward so they will just start Oladipo or Waiters.

Kikoluna
07-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Man, if we can get Westbrook for mills, kyle jv Anderson, all sorts of Draft picks

NASpurs
07-04-2016, 05:23 PM

Russ
07-04-2016, 05:25 PM
Westbrook will break your heart (whether he's on your team or against your team).

I don't see him on the Spurs.

SPURt
07-04-2016, 05:26 PM

Watch the Lakers trade Ingram, D Russ, and multiple picks for Russ.

Dro210
07-04-2016, 05:42 PM
Like most say, hard to see him wanting to come here. Can never underestimate that guys drive tho. Maybe the pure desire to win, and even more so, to bitch slap KBeta, Carry and Gaymond, could make him see us as his only hope (which it really is).

But if he was down, I'll take him all day.

spurtech09
07-04-2016, 05:52 PM
Westbrook on the Spurs would be awesome......Spurs win a championship with Westbrook while Durant never wins a championship with the Warriors....The look on Durants face....should of signed with the Spurs lol....Just thinking ahead.....Hey anything can happen..

sasaint
07-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Westbrook on the Spurs would be awesome......Spurs win a championship with Westbrook while Durant never wins a championship with the Warriors....The look on Durants face....should of signed with the Spurs lol....Just thinking ahead.....Hey anything can happen..

Good Hollywood story - but not the NBA.

TheGoldStandard
07-04-2016, 05:56 PM
I'd love to see Westbrook and Kawhi together on the court..

Kikoluna
07-04-2016, 06:30 PM
I prefer Westbrook over Durant tbh.....

sasaint
07-04-2016, 06:55 PM
I prefer Westbrook over Durant tbh.....

Me, too. Problem is San Antonio was more likely to appeal to Durant than Westbrook. Russ is headed to LA as soon as he can.

TheDoctor
07-04-2016, 07:03 PM

You sure? SASdynasty says otherwise:

Heck no I wouldn't take Westbrick over Parker. A career choker who shoots his team out of the playoffs every year (even though he has an MVP right next to him and a stacked cast)?

Spurs9
07-04-2016, 07:07 PM
Im calling for a baguette trade combo for him, parker and boris for WB. Oneofthe only feasible options to contest the warriors. I know hes often hated on here buthis aggression would be amazingand Ithink it could work. Sam isnt looking to trade him to a team he could help but which assets he could get so its probably a pipe dream but salary wise it could work.

BillMc
07-04-2016, 07:09 PM
Me, too. Problem is San Antonio was more likely to appeal to Durant than Westbrook. Russ is headed to LA as soon as he can.

Which begs the question would you (if you were an NBA front office) take a gamble on trading for Westbrook if he wouldn't agree to sign an extension in advance? In effect, he might be a 1 year rental?

I wonder how many would give up picks and good players to take that risk. Would Pop and RC (assuming in this hypothetical that the Spurs had the assets)?

OKC may be forced to trade Westbrook for relatively little (if the receiving team is confident only in a 1 year rental) or to a place of his desired destination, which appears to be LAC or LAL (and thus also limits your bargaining power unless you get them in a bidding war.)

In short, OKC is screwed.

sasaint
07-04-2016, 07:11 PM
Im calling for a baguette trade combo for him, parker and boris for WB. Oneofthe only feasible options to contest the warriors. I know hes often hated on here buthis aggression would be amazingand Ithink it could work. Sam isnt looking to trade him to a team he could help but which assets he could get so its probably a pipe dream but salary wise it could work.

Westbrook would be a one year rental. No way he would re-up with the Spurs. You need to get Westbrook to the Clips and Paul here in some legitimate 3-way trade.

Spurs9
07-04-2016, 07:12 PM

I understand not wanting him for the shots he takes sometimes and how the ball can stick to him. Westbrook would be a massive upgrade from Parker, if from energy alone on the court. Westbrook is relentless with a high motor, you never really know how Parker is going to play. It would be high risk high reward. IMO after Durrant signed with the dubs you gotta experiment with something if you have any shot to beat them in the playoffs. If there is any sort of possibility with the Spurs being able to trade for him they would be fools not to take a deal outside of trading Khawi/Gasol/Aldridge. Parker/Green or Parker/Boris is a no brainer.

SouthernFried
07-04-2016, 07:12 PM
Well...anyone but Parker. I'd start Kyle if this is all we end up with. Better passer, better rebounder, better defensively. Parker only scores 1 in 5 games these days...so we'll miss scoring in 20% of our games. So, you'd get less scoring potential...in 1 of 5 games. Everything else is a plus. "IF" that is our only choices... I don't like CP3, but I'd take him in a heartbeat right now.

Spurs9
07-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Why is everyone so confident he wants to go to LA so bad? Only because he grew up there? Hes not going to Clippers with Paul there, and why would he want to be on the current Laker team? At this point Westbrook probably wants to go to a team who can compete against the Dubs, and that is a very short list the way most rosters on constructed right now.

TheGoldStandard
07-04-2016, 07:14 PM
Westbrook would be a one year rental. No way he would re-up with the Spurs. You need to get Westbrook to the Clips and Paul here in some legitimate 3-way trade.

There is absolutely no legit pieces we could trade that would net any of those players.

houston spurs fan
07-04-2016, 07:15 PM
He'll be traded to Boston this summer. Ainge has more assets than anyone and they are hungry to build a winner. Maybe he does wind up in LA in 2017 but look for Boston to try and make a big splash here...

SPURt
07-04-2016, 08:04 PM
I wasn't necessarily advocating for Westbrook. I was wondering what others thought the price tag would be.

Nathan89
07-04-2016, 08:10 PM
Agreed. Getting Westbrook or CP3 is the only way to make up for the ball handling limitations of Green and LMA. He'll be able to get easy baskets for those two which is important because we can't live with LMA post-ups.

dabom
07-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Which begs the question would you (if you were an NBA front office) take a gamble on trading for Westbrook if he wouldn't agree to sign an extension in advance? In effect, he might be a 1 year rental?

I wonder how many would give up picks and good players to take that risk. Would Pop and RC (assuming in this hypothetical that the Spurs had the assets)?

OKC may be forced to trade Westbrook for relatively little (if the receiving team is confident only in a 1 year rental) or to a place of his desired destination, which appears to be LAC or LAL (and thus also limits your bargaining power unless you get them in a bidding war.)

In short, OKC is screwed.

A smart man cuts his loses.

TheDoctor
07-04-2016, 08:41 PM
I wasn't necessarily advocating for Westbrook. I was wondering what others thought the price tag would be.

Just throwing some fire at your SASdynasty = Parker sleuthing :lol

Russo21
07-05-2016, 01:38 AM
Westbrook is gonna go fucking nuts and average 50ppg this season.

will_spurs
07-05-2016, 05:35 AM
No thanks. I'd rather have Adams.

DeRozan m8
07-05-2016, 05:39 AM
Westbrook isn't who we need.

I think he'd be a good fit if Duncan stays, but we need another bench big for now.

You need to get over Duncan, he is not a real piece any more...

Gasol is a massive upgrade over 2016 Duncan...

YGWHI
07-05-2016, 05:40 AM
I'd love to see Westbrook and Kawhi together on the court..
Well, they spent some fun time together yesterday...Building chemistry for next seasons?

YGWHI
07-05-2016, 05:42 AM
I mean...this.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmiYU89WcAE90ER.jpg

Chinook
07-05-2016, 07:27 AM
Westbrook is gonna go fucking nuts and average 50ppg this season.

I think I have the first-overall pick of my fantasy league. Totally going for him.

r0drig0lac
07-05-2016, 07:33 AM

spurstalk...

emanueldavidginobili
07-05-2016, 07:35 AM
Yeah it's not looking good for OKC. Westbrook almost definiely told KD he plans to bounce after this season. OKC has to trade him soon or before the trade deadline or their screwed because they will just be waiting for the same thing that happend this summer, "the decision" and then they will be loosing Westbrook for absolutely NOTHING. Also OKC is a small market they practically drafted all their talent so I don't see them getting any star in FA in the near future especially if RW leaves.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-05-2016, 08:10 AM
From having a core of Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka to losing all of them in the span of a couple of years with nothing but one finals appearance. Spurs fan should appreciate what we've had.

Mnky
07-05-2016, 08:47 AM
They wouldn't agree to a trade with anything less than Kawhi or Aldridge imo

That's not necessarily true. If he doesn't sign extension, and they have a and year, he is gone for nothing. At this point, having to rebuild, draft picks and short term contracts are nice so you increase your own chance of tanking for a good pick and have cap flexibility to replace him. Which is a heck of a lot better than nothing. Any team getting him is going to want assurance he will resign, so he can decide where he gets traded too unless the team wants to gamble without knowing they can retain him, which I doubt anyone would give up good assets for.

Spurtacular
07-05-2016, 08:49 AM

Lakers or Knicks. He may factor in who isn't the biggest train wreck. Other than that, he won't sacrifice glamour for team. That is not his game; never has been. There's no way in hell he'll come to the Spurs. I'd be surprised if there's even a meeting.

Spurtacular
07-05-2016, 08:50 AM
Will Thunder ever retire KD's jersey? If they still have a team by the time he retires that is.

They probably will; a sad commentary on the erosion of sports culture, tbh.

I. Hustle
07-05-2016, 08:54 AM
I'll throw down $2000 vBookie cash that says we get him.

montgod
07-05-2016, 09:39 AM
That's not necessarily true. If he doesn't sign extension, and they have a and year, he is gone for nothing. At this point, having to rebuild, draft picks and short term contracts are nice so you increase your own chance of tanking for a good pick and have cap flexibility to replace him. Which is a heck of a lot better than nothing. Any team getting him is going to want assurance he will resign, so he can decide where he gets traded too unless the team wants to gamble without knowing they can retain him, which I doubt anyone would give up good assets for.

I still see a team like the Lakers, Boston, Knicks, Suns, and Miami as places with much better assets they could obtain for Westbrook IF he agrees to re-sign with them. I just don't see Westbrook demanding to be traded to the Spurs knowing how Pop is as well as his personality. I would love to have him on the Spurs, but just don't see anyway that could/would happen.

sasaint
07-05-2016, 09:43 AM
From having a core of Durant, Westbrook, Harden and Ibaka to losing all of them in the span of a couple of years with nothing but one finals appearance. Spurs fan should appreciate what we've had.

And who was their coach until last season? Sticking with Brooks was the bane of an otherwise stellar front office job.

Chillen
07-05-2016, 10:11 AM
At this point if your Presti just trade Westbrook to the Spurs to piss Durant off. Your going to be rebuilding anyway.

Mnky
07-05-2016, 10:12 AM
I still see a team like the Lakers, Boston, Knicks, Suns, and Miami as places with much better assets they could obtain for Westbrook IF he agrees to re-sign with them. I just don't see Westbrook demanding to be traded to the Spurs knowing how Pop is as well as his personality. I would love to have him on the Spurs, but just don't see anyway that could/would happen.

Oh I agree it's a long-shot. I was just referring to what the thunder could get back. They legitimately have no ground to stand on. And if they decided to trade Wb somewhere he doesnt want, they surely won't attract free agents either. Best they could hope for, is a bidding war for win now teams to drive his price up, otherwise teams can hold onto those assets and just pitch him next year with a better team, and him actually wanting to sign. Business stand point, thunder don't got much power, and other teams know it.

Chillen
07-05-2016, 10:13 AM
Westbrook for Parker works in ESPN trade checker. Pretty sure OKC would want Aldridge, but if your Presti just doing that trade would piss KD off so it might be worth it.

montgod
07-05-2016, 10:19 AM
Oh I agree it's a long-shot. I was just referring to what the thunder could get back. They legitimately have no ground to stand on. And if they decided to trade Wb somewhere he doesnt want, they surely won't attract free agents either. Best they could hope for, is a bidding war for win now teams to drive his price up, otherwise teams can hold onto those assets and just pitch him next year with a better team, and him actually wanting to sign. Business stand point, thunder don't got much power, and other teams know it.

I think they know what position they are in and will have a convo with RW to try and gauge his true wants (leave or stay). If he wants to leave, the best move they can make is trying to accomodate that and get 75cents on the Dollar vs 50cents working with a team he doesn't want to go to.

I think the biggest point missed with Durant leaving is most likely the convo that he and RW had beforhand. My guess is it went something like this:

Durant: Hey man, so what are you going to do next year?
RW: Yo, you do you man but I ain't saying I am or I am not going to be here next year man.
Durant: Hmm.... (he basically saying F me so I am going to play w/my lil friend Steph where I don't have to be a real superstar and take all the pressure - who cares about a paycut, I can get more next year and can order chinese at anytime I want in GS)

I think the move to GS was partially based on the fact that he and RW weren't on the same page and weren't ever going to be on the same page. With that said, you would think he wants to be THE MAN in OKC, but I think his outside life will take him to a big market area (just my assumption)

montgod
07-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Westbrook for Parker works in ESPN trade checker. Pretty sure OKC would want Aldridge, but if your Presti just doing that trade would piss KD off so it might be worth it.

Why would it piss KD off? KD doesn't care about OKC obviously and now goes by the GS mantra "strength in numbers". If anyting, Presti would screw himself out of a job if he hasn't already in obtaining assets that actually mean something for the future of OKC. TP isn't and I doubt the Spurs give up Aldridge after they just got him. No other FA would want to come here again imo.

Presti going to get as much as he can from whoever he can if RW doesn't want to stay.

Mnky
07-05-2016, 10:39 AM
I think they know what position they are in and will have a convo with RW to try and gauge his true wants (leave or stay). If he wants to leave, the best move they can make is trying to accomodate that and get 75cents on the Dollar vs 50cents working with a team he doesn't want to go to.

I think the biggest point missed with Durant leaving is most likely the convo that he and RW had beforhand. My guess is it went something like this:

Durant: Hey man, so what are you going to do next year?
RW: Yo, you do you man but I ain't saying I am or I am not going to be here next year man.
Durant: Hmm.... (he basically saying F me so I am going to play w/my lil friend Steph where I don't have to be a real superstar and take all the pressure - who cares about a paycut, I can get more next year and can order chinese at anytime I want in GS)

I think the move to GS was partially based on the fact that he and RW weren't on the same page and weren't ever going to be on the same page. With that said, you would think he wants to be THE MAN in OKC, but I think his outside life will take him to a big market area (just my assumption)

He's been a high grossing superstar in a smaller market than San Antonio. Superstars make plenty off the court, I think people factor that in way too much. Not to mention on a good team, you won't be home 75% of the year. You'll be traveling and then can have a summer home anywhere you want.

Dude seems like way too much of a competitor to not want to win, or settle for a bad team. Being on a winner will get you more money off the court then being a flashy loser on the court.

montgod
07-05-2016, 10:42 AM
He's been a high grossing superstar in a smaller market than San Antonio. Superstars make plenty off the court, I think people factor that in way too much. Not to mention on a good team, you won't be home 75% of the year. You'll be traveling and then can have a summer home anywhere you want.

Dude seems like way too much of a competitor to not want to win, or settle for a bad team. Being on a winner will get you more money off the court then being a flashy loser on the court.

Agreed. I guess we won't know till he lets OKC know something. Till then, he won't win this year or will be traded. I could easily see him saying or thinking, he likes being in charge of his own team and try to recruit on his own. You just never know with RW.

TheGoldStandard
07-05-2016, 10:43 AM
Just the idea of Westrbrook in an HEB commercial is worth whatever we have to give up to get him outside of Kawhi.

BillMc
07-05-2016, 10:45 AM
Just the idea of Westrbrook in an HEB commercial is worth whatever we have to give up to get him outside of Kawhi.

KL: "Why would you throw a burger at a Barbi?"

RW: "You trippin' bro?"

Mugen
07-05-2016, 10:51 AM
He probably told Durant that he's heading to LA next summer. He's probably got bigger aspirations than San Antonio tbh...

I'd take him on the team tho, no doubt.

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2016, 10:52 AM
Man, if we can get Westbrook for mills, kyle jv Anderson, all sorts of Draft picks
Don't even think we get Cameron Payne for Kyle bro; lol

Beaverfuzz
07-05-2016, 10:58 AM
Russ doesn't want an extension. Diaw + Parker for Russ. MAKE IT SO!

montgod
07-05-2016, 11:04 AM
Russ doesn't want an extension. Diaw + Parker for Russ. MAKE IT SO!

LOL... RW ain't coming anywhere near SA unless it's to play during season.

I also see him ending up in LA for some reason.

SpurSwag
07-05-2016, 11:16 AM
I made my own Westbrook thread because I didn't see this one, but I think the fit is seamless. He strikes me as a player that wants to win badly, and if thats the case San Antonio is the only place where he can win right now and probably in the future too. LA doesn't make that much sense to me because a) they have D'Angelo Russell and Jordan Clarkson and b) They aren't ready to win right now.

It would be a perfect match to me

DMC
07-05-2016, 11:41 AM
He could go to NY. We know their newly acquired PG will be injured all season.

DMC
07-05-2016, 11:42 AM
LOL... RW ain't coming anywhere near SA unless it's to play during season.

I also see him ending up in LA for some reason.
He's a Kobe protege, and Kobe likes him a lot. He'll be in LA playing with the new guys and the chucking shall continue. Fans will love it.

Leetonidas
07-05-2016, 11:43 AM
It would be nice. I don't see him going to some trash team like LAL or NY wasting his prime away. Spurs should make him the top 2017 target

07-05-2016, 11:46 AM
Pretty sure Westbrook will give Pop a heart attack with his turnovers and shot selection. But he'll be the best player available in the FA next year... which I don't even know if the Spurs have cap space for since they will have Gasol's $15 million on the books next year. Chris Paul is also an option but he's getting up there in age.

montgod
07-05-2016, 01:40 PM
He could go to NY. We know their newly acquired PG will be injured all season.

THat's why they signed Jennings too. Oh yeah... he will be injured shortly there after.

NameLess Scrub
07-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Roberson is a naturally forward so they will just start Oladipo or Waiters.

baseline bum
07-05-2016, 05:46 PM

Or New York

NameLess Scrub
07-05-2016, 05:48 PM

:lol:toast

TD 21
07-08-2016, 04:24 PM
After the inevitable spurning by Westbrook and Paul, the most realistic target next off season, is Holiday.

He strikes me as Spurs material and the sales job is easy: He's never played for a contender and he'd not only be a hand in glove fit (can create by also play off of Leonard/Aldridge and play some next to Parker, who'd have to transition to sixth man), but the primary ball handler/play maker.

Even if he wants to remain a Pelican, it could be a contentious negotiation. He doesn't have the same meaning to them that Conley does to the Grizzlies and with his injury history, I question what they'll offer.

Darkwaters
07-08-2016, 11:47 PM
Choke-P3 played in New Orleans & grew up in North Carolina. Tony is his buddy & he sees Tim as his big brother.

CP3 played his first 2 seasons in Oklahoma City as well.

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2016, 09:28 AM
Jalen Rose and Jacoby are filling in on First Take, and they said Westbrook needs to go to the Spurs, and it can happen if they include a third team in the trade.... And if OKC decides to keep him this year, then he should sign with San Antonio.

I know it's highly unlikely, but still, pretty cool that someone in the mainstream media is putting it out

Spurs9
07-15-2016, 09:31 AM
Jalen Rose and Jacoby are filling in on First Take, and they said Westbrook needs to go to the Spurs, and it can happen if they include a third team in the trade.... And if OKC decides to keep him this year, then he should sign with San Antonio.

I know it's highly unlikely, but still, pretty cool that someone in the mainstream media is putting it out
So it would probably include Parker/Green in any trade scenario? Westbrook/Khawi/Aldridge/Gasol combo would be scary if they could get it to mesh together.

coachmac87
07-15-2016, 09:34 AM

I haven't heard it yet but if you think about it...makes sense. That's if Westbrook wants to win a ring or wants his "own team". Unless Boston or Knicks can pull something off I don't see another team with core players intact that could compete with GSW for years to come. If I'm Westbrook it'd really bother me to see KD run off 2-3 championships and you're stuck with ZERO.

Clippers or Lakers don't make sense with personnel or structure. He's already thrived in a small market like OKC. SA even though a small market its bigger than OKC and obviously a more respected franchise by causal fans nation wide..and let's be real he'd look great in silver and black.

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2016, 09:35 AM
So it would probably include Parker/Green in any trade scenario? Westbrook/Khawi/Aldridge/Gasol combo would be scary if they could get it to mesh together.
They'd probably want Dejounte Murray and a pick later on, from like 4-5 years from now (Just like Boston did with Brooklyn)

Spurs9
07-15-2016, 09:36 AM
They'd probably want Dejounte Murray and a pick later on, from like 4-5 years from now (Just like Boston did with Brooklyn)
I'm ok with either scenario, almost anyone outside Khawi/Aldridge/Gasol for him.

coachmac87
07-15-2016, 09:37 AM

But are the Spurs willing to do that? And are they willing to do it RIGHT NOW. Seems like Boston is "favorite" because they're willing to make something happen tomorrow..while Spurs maybe more enticed to sign him as a FA and trade Parker once Manu retires. I dunno but if OKC wants to make a deal tomorrow I dunno if Spurs are a serious option...unless Westbrook is very open and demanding to go to SA..in which SA should consider listening and figure something out.

coachmac87
07-15-2016, 09:38 AM

Tbh Spurs may have to give up Aldridge and possibly just move Parker to the bench..

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2016, 09:42 AM
I haven't heard it yet but if you think about it...makes sense. That's if Westbrook wants to win a ring or wants his "own team". Unless Boston or Knicks can pull something off I don't see another team with core players intact that could compete with GSW for years to come. If I'm Westbrook it'd really bother me to see KD run off 2-3 championships and you're stuck with ZERO.

Clippers or Lakers don't make sense with personnel or structure. He's already thrived in a small market like OKC. SA even though a small market its bigger than OKC and obviously a more respected franchise by causal fans nation wide..and let's be real he'd look great in silver and black.
If he's going to take meetings in free agency, I'd think the Clippers are our biggest competition tbh. Russ on the Clips as a backup plan if CP3 leaves would be sick. Him, Griffin, and Jordan would be the most athletic team of all time. It's also LA.

I agree, black & silver looks perfect on him

Jdspur20
07-15-2016, 09:42 AM
It would take at least Parker, green, future 1st rounder to get him, at the very least. But I doubt that would be enough.

coachmac87
07-15-2016, 09:45 AM
Aldridge and Mills plus picks for Westbrook and McGary works on trade machine lol

Snaq O'Meal
07-15-2016, 10:00 AM
If he's going to take meetings in free agency, I'd think the Clippers are our biggest competition tbh. Russ on the Clips as a backup plan if CP3 leaves would be sick. Him, Griffin, and Jordan would be the most athletic team of all time. It's also LA.

That's a sight Durant will definitely NOT want to see.

coachmac87
07-15-2016, 10:00 AM

If that's the case I'd expect us to favorites to land Paul,

cutewizard
07-15-2016, 10:05 AM
This silly thread will never die.

--------------------------------------------

What is drowned may never die.

cd98
07-15-2016, 10:05 AM
We have no assets to acquire Westbrook. At least nothing that giving up would make us better with Westbrook. Besides, people complain that Parker doesn't pass to anyone and especially not to Kawhi. Are those people ready for Westbrook's antics?

cutewizard
07-15-2016, 10:06 AM

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

stunning!!!!

lol!

i kinda like this pic, tbh, i like the ferocity of Westbrook more than Durant

Jdspur20
07-15-2016, 10:09 AM
If that's the case I'd expect us to favorites to land Paul,

Duncan and Paul are close friends. Maybe Tim could convince him to sign with the Spurs.

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2016, 10:10 AM
Sheesh, those Russ & Aldridge/Gasol P&P's :wow ...Kawhi would get the same touches Durant got in OKC. Especially if the rotations are the same as OKC's in the playoffs where Durant was running point with the second unit while Westbrook was resting.

Pop already showed that he's okay with running a lot of ISO's and relying on talent, as shown last year. This team would be elite.

sasaint
07-15-2016, 10:12 AM
After the Durant bubble burst it sure didn't take ST long to inflate another.

look_at_g_shred
07-15-2016, 10:17 AM
Damn next summer can't come quick enough

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2016, 10:21 AM
Damn next summer can't come quick enough
:pop: You're damn right, RC already booked our tickets to Bora Bora in early June

TheGreatYacht
07-15-2016, 10:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjuQy6o_xxU&feature=share

Skip to 3:30

$pursDynasty
07-15-2016, 11:07 AM
Though having an absolute killer on the Spurs roster plus the absolute most athletic player in the NBA on the team that has always been bagged on because it's lack of athleticism would be sweet however. I was of the opinion that criteria #1 for being a Spur was being over oneself. Is there a player in the NBA that is less over themself than RWestbrook?

cutewizard
07-15-2016, 11:13 AM
Though having an absolute killer on the Spurs roster plus the absolute most athletic player in the NBA on the team that has always been bagged on because it's lack of athleticism would be sweet however. I was of the opinion that criteria #1 for being a Spur was being over oneself. Is there a player in the NBA that is less over themself than RWestbrook?

--------------------------------------------------------

perhaps Pop can mellow him

tmtcsc
07-15-2016, 02:52 PM
Are those people ready for Westbrook's antics?

Yes - send them Tony Parker now.

poeticism707
07-15-2016, 03:00 PM
Why? We already got TP. :lobt2:

:rollin :rollin :rollin

John B
07-16-2016, 12:05 AM
Westbrook can't wait to shove it up on Durant. He'll go to the best team who can help him. RC make it happen.

ElNono
07-16-2016, 12:08 AM
Does Sam Presti gets fired if they lose KD and Russ on back to back seasons, tbh?

Losing KD is probably a big enough black eye already...

dabom
07-16-2016, 12:10 AM
Does Sam Presti gets fired if they lose KD and Russ on back to back seasons, tbh?

Send us westbrook b4 though...

coachmac87
07-16-2016, 12:28 AM

Feel bad for Presti tbh. Durant being a straight pussy really fucked things over for him. Just hired a new coach and then possibly lose the best players to ever play for a franchise in one or two offseasons...

siraulo23
07-16-2016, 12:32 AM
hypothetically, what's the best the spurs can offer to get westbrook? :lol

gambit1990
07-16-2016, 12:35 AM
he going to the lakers? westbrook would rather take on a challenge than join a potential super team imo. that's why i don't see him coming here. would love to be wrong though.

cutewizard
07-16-2016, 12:45 AM
Westbrook wants revenge boys!!!!!

yiiiiiiiiiihhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa!!!

coachmac87
07-16-2016, 01:00 AM

Mills and Aldridge plus picks

siraulo23
07-16-2016, 01:25 AM
jDxK1v6VntU

hooperflash
07-16-2016, 03:44 AM
Oh my word! This dude was celebrating a layup Kawhi just made.

100% Spurs Material, tbh.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/9bda/bg8jiz9r2s6cjgw6g.jpg

Mnky
07-16-2016, 04:14 AM
Mills and Aldridge plus picks

Aldridge is not a trade piece. You can't expect Westbrook to re-up if you just traded your biggest free agent signing since Duncan. You can also close the doors on any worthy free agents ever joining again. Aldridge is as untouchable as kawhi.

cutewizard
07-16-2016, 05:14 AM
Oh my word! This dude was celebrating a layup Kawhi just made.

100% Spurs Material, tbh.

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/9bda/bg8jiz9r2s6cjgw6g.jpg

A Kawhi and Westbrook combination would be unstoppable!

Hmmmmmm..................

SASdynasty!
07-16-2016, 07:06 AM
Why? We already got TP. :lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2:
Fixed it for you. I didn't see any FMVP gifs though.

K...
07-16-2016, 09:08 AM
It's annoying to talk about westbrook because there are too options on him joining....FA and trade. Trade has no chance of happening unless he demands being traded to a contender. Presti just traded orlando for their young prospects, i don't know if he wants another round of marginal prospects. That's all the Spurs should give up.

People talk about his free agency like its some easy to diagnose thing. He's never been a big free agent before so no one knows. KD turned out to have a one team pool of acceptable choices. Maybe westbrook is different.

Spursmania
07-16-2016, 09:28 AM
I'd bet he winds up in L.A.

He'll like the glitz. He's a style over substance type of guy.

coachmac87
07-16-2016, 10:21 AM
I don't get this. Because of the way he dresses? LA is being discussed due to it being his home...Westbrook seems like an ultimate competitive person who wants to win. From what I've seen he wants a championship and going to a true contender would be ideal for him regardless where it is.

$pursDynasty
07-16-2016, 10:27 AM
I am sure Russell a burgeoning fashionista will want to follow in the footsteps of the fashion icon that was/is Tim Duncan. A style vacuum has been created, that has to be a major draw to Westbrook.

Racspur1
07-16-2016, 12:04 PM
Tbh Russ should go East. Maybe the Knicks?

This !!! Or maybe Boston !!!

sasaint
07-16-2016, 12:16 PM
I am sure Russell a burgeoning fashionista will want to follow in the footsteps of the fashion icon that was/is Tim Duncan. A style vacuum has been created, that has to be a major draw to Westbrook.

:lmao

sasaint
07-16-2016, 12:22 PM

We would not be willing to part with anybody that would net Westbrook. And if we did, it would be a net loss

sasaint
07-16-2016, 12:24 PM
This !!! Or maybe Boston !!!

Westbrook seems like the perfect successor to DWade. Plus, with his fashionista aspirations, he seems like a great fit in South Beach.

tmtcsc
07-16-2016, 01:06 PM
It's annoying to talk about westbrook because there are too options on him joining....FA and trade. Trade has no chance of happening unless he demands being traded to a contender. Presti just traded orlando for their young prospects, i don't know if he wants another round of marginal prospects. That's all the Spurs should give up.

People talk about his free agency like its some easy to diagnose thing. He's never been a big free agent before so no one knows. KD turned out to have a one team pool of acceptable choices. Maybe westbrook is different.

OKC is most likely going to trade Westbrook whether he wants to go to a contender or not. As far as I know, he has no say in the matter. If the deal looks good, OKC will move him and the trade partner will gamble on whether they can re-sign him.

The only trade piece the Spurs have (that they are willing to trade) is most likely Tony Parker. His salary works. Spurs might be able to sweeten the deal by throwing in Kyle Anderson or something else.

tmtcsc
07-16-2016, 01:09 PM
We would not be willing to part with anybody that would net Westbrook. And if we did, it would be a net loss

What?!? The Spurs would move TP for Westbrook in a heartbeat and it would accomplish 2 things.

1. It would get his contract off the books
2. It would add a potential league MVP candidate and perennial All-Star to the roster

Please don't get things twisted with loyalty and fan favoritism. If OKC wanted to do that deal, the Spurs wouldn't think twice.

sasaint
07-16-2016, 01:11 PM
What?!? The Spurs would move TP for Westbrook in a heartbeat and it would accomplish 2 things.

1. It would get his contract off the books
2. It would add a potential league MVP candidate and perennial All-Star to the roster

Please don't get things twisted with loyalty and fan favoritism. If OKC wanted to do that deal, the Spurs wouldn't think twice.

I do not believe TP nets Russ.

SAGirl
07-16-2016, 11:28 PM
Aldridge is not a trade piece. You can't expect Westbrook to re-up if you just traded your biggest free agent signing since Duncan. You can also close the doors on any worthy free agents ever joining again. Aldridge is as untouchable as kawhi.
Agreed. I also don't think he'd reup here so it's not worth it when LMA chose us on his own and has been a model Spur. Very bad flag for any potential FA that we signed him and dumped him to a lotto team after one season. That's not the Spurs. I also don't think we have the assets to get Russ. We have some young role players developing but that's it. I suppose if Russ wanted to be here and was going to resign OKC would be in a bind to acquiesce, or they got nothing. Tony, with any prospect of OKC choice and a pick would do it, maybe but it's farfetched.

TXstbobcat
07-16-2016, 11:37 PM
Westbrook would probably not sign a long-term deal with San Antonio so a trade for him would only be a one year rental.

The only assets that the thunder would want in a trade for Westbrook would be assets the Spurs would not be willing to give up.

Chillen
07-16-2016, 11:50 PM
Basically Westbrook would have to demand a trade to a contender (Spurs) and the Spurs would have to find a third team (Boston maybe?) and Parker is obviously gone. So can it happen? yes. Will it? probably not. OKC would not want to trade Westbrook to Spurs unless he demands it. If the Spurs somehow got Westbrook this season, I'd be pretty sure Duncan is coming out of retirement, lol.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-17-2016, 03:58 AM

Kawhi.

No trade for Westbrook that doesn't involve Kawhi is realistic.

spurraider21
07-17-2016, 04:49 AM
Kawhi.

No trade for Westbrook that doesn't involve Kawhi is realistic.
no... kawhi is way more valuable than westbrook at this point, particularly when you look at their respective contract situations

szkorhetz
07-17-2016, 05:02 AM
Kawhi for WB. Would Thunder do it? I doubt.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-17-2016, 05:07 AM
no... kawhi is way more valuable than westbrook at this point, particularly when you look at their respective contract situations

I agree.

cutewizard
07-17-2016, 05:24 AM
Becky for Westbrook!!!

hahahahahahahahaha

Spurtacular
07-17-2016, 05:50 AM
From a basketball standpoint, I think Spurs are the best fit for Westbrook. He ain't coming here though.

hooperflash
07-17-2016, 06:24 AM
From a basketball standpoint, I think Spurs are the best fit for Westbrook. He ain't coming here though.

Westbrook should make a "basketball decision" a la Durant :lol

Chillen
07-17-2016, 06:32 AM
Kawhi for WB. Would Thunder do it? I doubt.

Yeah, they would. That would be a great return for a player that might leave in free agency. If the Spurs have to give Kawhi up to get him there is no point.

K...
07-17-2016, 09:45 AM
Most teams are aware westy is a rental. That's why you saw boston deny the first trade scenario.

Russ has a virtual trade veto in merely saying he will or won't sign an extension with a particular team. That piece of info is pretty important. Without it no team is going to break the bank for him.

And likewise no team that knows Russ wants to spend assets when he'll be a free agent.

Russ has been great in keeping his preferences leaked. All this south beach, NY, LA nonsense is speculation on your part. The major guys who have chosen the big media teams over contenders that come to mind are Melo and J.Kidd. Think about if westy is more or less like those guys.

exstatic
07-17-2016, 04:16 PM
Never buy a stock at its peak. His knee is on course and trajectory to be Wades in a couple of years, and you don't want to be the team holding his $30M per year deal when it happens.

lefty20
07-17-2016, 04:58 PM
I don't why a team would cripple themselves trading for him(superstars). You'd be better off trying to lure superstars in as a free agents, that way they'll have some decent players to actually play and win with.

K...
07-17-2016, 05:30 PM
Never buy a stock at its peak. His knee is on course and trajectory to be Wades in a couple of years, and you don't want to be the team holding his $30M per year deal when it happens.

assumimg we offer the max as a FA, the change of getting 6 outweighs the chance that he'll suck worse than Parker in the later contract years. We have murray as a contingency. It's too good to pass up

Richie
07-17-2016, 05:56 PM
I think your analysis is right, it's the only way we really get back to the Warriors talent level. I don't like Westbrook but the guy can play, Pop and the Spurs culture would be excellent for him. Pop won't let him get away with posturing, his gambling on defense etc...

I think the odds are that he goes to the Clippers because it's LA, but then we should be favourites to land Paul. I don't see Paul and Tony as a good fit together whereas Westbrook has the size and strength to guard 2s if he has to play next to Parker.

TD 21
07-17-2016, 06:05 PM
I think your analysis is right, it's the only way we really get back to the Warriors talent level. I don't like Westbrook but the guy can play, Pop and the Spurs culture would be excellent for him. Pop won't let him get away with posturing, his gambling on defense etc...

I think the odds are that he goes to the Clippers because it's LA, but then we should be favourites to land Paul. I don't see Paul and Tony as a good fit together whereas Westbrook has the size and strength to guard 2s if he has to play next to Parker.

Westbrook and Parker could work defensively, but offensively, the spacing would be poor.

Landing a player of Paul's or Westbrook's magnitude would likely lead to a Parker trade. This is probably the one scenario he doesn't finish his career as a Spur in. Obviously, it would still hurt him, but I think he'd be more understanding if it were a future Hall-of-Famer as opposed to a good, but nothing special type, like Conley.

If they can't land one of them, this is all the more reason why Holiday makes sense though: He can play with Parker on both sides of the ball.

gambit1990
07-17-2016, 06:06 PM
we need him more than he needs us.

would be ecstatic with either he or cp3 on the team.

we're gonna be the favorites to sign cp3 when he opts out after the clippers lose in the playoffs again. he's gonna be tired of losing.

Budkin
07-17-2016, 07:25 PM
Either we trade Kawhi or we wait unti 2017.

Chillen
07-17-2016, 07:31 PM
Actually CP3 as a Spur is probably very possible, if he wanted to sign with Spurs next season the Spurs could do a sign and trade with Clippers and send them Parker. I am sure the Clippers would love to have Parker instead of having no PG. Still Spurs need to see if they can land Westbrook.

spursistan
07-18-2016, 01:19 AM
I'm actually liking more our chances at getting Chris Paul..Cavs ringing with Kyrie making big contributions has shut the door on possible CP3/Irving swap that would allow him to play alongside Lebron..It is going to take LAC getting eliminated before WCF next season for that team core to be broken up..Spurs would be his best left option to ring chase on a contender in a significant role ( like getting a younger and better Jason Kidd with Mavs 2008-2011)..

Chinook
07-18-2016, 06:49 AM
I'm actually liking more our chances at getting Chris Paul..Cavs ringing with Kyrie making big contributions has shut the door on possible CP3/Irving swap that would allow him to play alongside Lebron..It is going to take LAC getting eliminated before WCF next season for that team core to be broken up..Spurs would be his best left option to ring chase on a contender in a significant role ( like getting a younger and better Jason Kidd with Mavs 2008-2011)..

I wonder if he'd be willing to take less to join up. I haven't run the numbers yet, but I'm estimating that the Spurs would have something like $27 Million if Gasol opts in. Assuming the new CBA discussions don't change anything, Paul's max is actually close to $36 Million. It's hard to sell a 75-percent paycut. It's possible that team trades Green and moves Murray into the starting lineup. The young'un better be ready to D up, though.

Paul, Parker
Murray, (whichever guard wins the 14th slot in camp or some call-up)
Kawhi, Bertans
Aldridge, Anderson, LJC
Gasol, (whichever big wins the 15 spot in camp, or some call up)

That's what they'd be looking at with the draft, room exception and min deals still in play. Use the pick on the best defensive wing available and bring over Milutinov, and you have yourself a decent bench behind a potentially great starting unit.

coachmac87
07-18-2016, 08:51 AM
I wonder if he'd be willing to take less to join up. I haven't run the numbers yet, but I'm estimating that the Spurs would have something like $27 Million if Gasol opts in. Assuming the new CBA discussions don't change anything, Paul's max is actually close to $36 Million. It's hard to sell a 75-percent paycut. It's possible that team trades Green and moves Murray into the starting lineup. The young'un better be ready to D up, though.

Paul, Parker
Kawhi, Bertans
Aldridge, Anderson, LJC

That's what they'd be looking at with the draft, room exception and min deals still in play. Use the pick on the best defensive wing available and bring over Milutinov, and you have yourself a decent bench behind a potentially great starting unit.

Paul needs shooters around him IMO. It'd be best if Spurs traded Parker and kept Danny..If Paul has a weakness offensively is that he can't get deep in the paint like he used to due to slight decline in quickness and him being small. He's absolutely killer with his midrange though which makes up for it in ways.

If this is Manu last year the big 3 officially could done after this year..I could be wrong but did Parker say that he doesn't think he'd play after this contract?

Chinook
07-18-2016, 09:00 AM
Paul needs shooters around him IMO. It'd be best if Spurs traded Parker and kept Danny..If Paul has a weakness offensively is that he can't get deep in the paint like he used to due to slight decline in quickness and him being small. He's absolutely killer with his midrange though which makes up for it in ways.

If this is Manu last year the big 3 officially could done after this year..I could be wrong but did Parker say that he doesn't think he'd play after this contract?

CP3 and Parker are good friends. I don't think he'd entertain coming over if the Spurs were to dump Parker, despite him being not as important as Green. And I think Paul would work better with Green and Murray as his primary back-court partners, but I doubt he'd see it that way.

I don't expect the Parker era to end soon. He wants to play until 2021, and he'll probably be a Spur that whole time. After next season, he'll probably make a lot less money. Until then, they'll just have to bear it.

coachmac87
07-18-2016, 09:24 AM
CP3 and Parker are good friends. I don't think he'd entertain coming over if the Spurs were to dump Parker, despite him being not as important as Green. And I think Paul would work better with Green and Murray as his primary back-court partners, but I doubt he'd see it that way.

I don't expect the Parker era to end soon. He wants to play until 2021, and he'll probably be a Spur that whole time. After next season, he'll probably make a lot less money. Until then, they'll just have to bear it.

Could Gasol opt out and take less but more years to fit in Paul? And as you suggested maybe Paul take a little less than the full max?

Chinook
07-18-2016, 09:35 AM
Could Gasol opt out and take less but more years to fit in Paul? And as you suggested maybe Paul take a little less than the full max?

Both of those things are possible.

coachmac87
07-18-2016, 09:48 AM
Both of those things are possible.

Last question. Would type of contract would Gasol need to agree to with extended years and what type of deal would Paul have to sign in order for the Spurs to keep Green and Parker?

look_at_g_shred
07-18-2016, 09:53 AM
Unless he's willing to come off the bench and signs with GSW :lol

Chinook
07-18-2016, 10:06 AM
Last question. Would type of contract would Gasol need to agree to with extended years and what type of deal would Paul have to sign in order for the Spurs to keep Green and Parker?

I won't know for sure until the numbers come out. Assuming the $27-Million figure is correct, then they have to share $42 Million. However they'd do that is irrelevant.

Keepin' it real
07-18-2016, 10:13 AM
WB should sign with the Warriors for the league minimum just to piss Durant off.

coachmac87
07-18-2016, 10:29 AM
I won't know for sure until the numbers come out. Assuming the $27-Million figure is correct, then they have to share $42 Million. However they'd do that is irrelevant.

CP3- 4yr/120M

Gasol- 2yr/24M or 3yr/36M

Seems fair to me lol

Sean Cagney
07-18-2016, 12:07 PM
Either we trade Kawhi or we wait unti 2017.
Not going to happen so good point....

Richie
07-18-2016, 12:37 PM
Westbrook and Parker could work defensively, but offensively, the spacing would be poor.

Landing a player of Paul's or Westbrook's magnitude would likely lead to a Parker trade. This is probably the one scenario he doesn't finish his career as a Spur in. Obviously, it would still hurt him, but I think he'd be more understanding if it were a future Hall-of-Famer as opposed to a good, but nothing special type, like Conley.

If they can't land one of them, this is all the more reason why Holiday makes sense though: He can play with Parker on both sides of the ball.

As Parker ages he will need to find a 3 point shot. He doesn't need to be Curry or anything, he just needs to knock down catch and shoots. He's been over 40% in consecutive seasons albeit on limited attempts, I think it's achievable. I'm certain he realises it and is working hard to add it to his game.

Richie
07-18-2016, 12:46 PM

Paul, Parker
Kawhi, Bertans
Aldridge, Anderson, LJC

If Gasol opts in we can just trade him somewhere. We can make it clear to him that if he opts in he's getting traded to whoever will have him, contender or not, and he'll opt out. The only danger is that it means burning that bridge before we talk to free agents, but I don't think the Spurs are going places with Gasol/Aldridge together so I'd rather he opt out regardless. If it's a choice between trading Green or Pau it's a simple one.

As far CP3s salary, the money won't be the deciding factor. The will have made $160m and never been to a conference final, it's rings he wants not money. Besides $27m may be less than his max but it's hardly a paycut, it's $5m more than he'll be making this season.

TD 21
07-18-2016, 04:10 PM
As Parker ages he will need to find a 3 point shot. He doesn't need to be Curry or anything, he just needs to knock down catch and shoots. He's been over 40% in consecutive seasons albeit on limited attempts, I think it's achievable. I'm certain he realises it and is working hard to add it to his game.

This has been a talking point for a while, but he never actually ups the volume to any notable degree. Last season should have really been the starting point for that because he was no longer the number one option offensively, yet it was more of the same.

This summer, between the Olympic qualifying tournament and the Olympics themselves, I doubt he's going to put much work into improving anything specifically. He's probably more concerned with getting through it in one piece.

No chance Paul takes a cent less than the max or that they'd trade Green. I know Paul's friends with Parker, but it's obvious the pairing couldn't work. If they're able to lure him (as I've said, it probably only happens if the Clippers prefer and are able to lure Westbrook), Parker's gone.

Richie
07-19-2016, 06:03 PM
This has been a talking point for a while, but he never actually ups the volume to any notable degree. Last season should have really been the starting point for that because he was no longer the number one option offensively, yet it was more of the same.

This summer, between the Olympic qualifying tournament and the Olympics themselves, I doubt he's going to put much work into improving anything specifically. He's probably more concerned with getting through it in one piece.

No chance Paul takes a cent less than the max or that they'd trade Green. I know Paul's friends with Parker, but it's obvious the pairing couldn't work. If they're able to lure him (as I've said, it probably only happens if the Clippers prefer and are able to lure Westbrook), Parker's gone.

I would be amazed if Paul left the Clippers and took a max salary. Which contender has that kind of money to spend? Certainly not us, the Cavs or Warriors. Where's he gonna go, the Jazz? He'll want a contender and we're the only team with cap space that is even close to the Warriors or Cavs. I guess he could go back to New Orleans but that place has been a dumpster fire since he left, it's the KG Wolves all over again.

As for Parkers 3's, I think he doesn't up the volume because he's still the primary ball handler. I don't want him upping his volume on pull up 3s, if we bring in someone new to run the team we can move him off the ball and getting more catch-and-shoot looks which I expect he'll hit efficiently.

TD 21
07-19-2016, 07:00 PM
I would be amazed if Paul left the Clippers and took a max salary. Which contender has that kind of money to spend? Certainly not us, the Cavs or Warriors. Where's he gonna go, the Jazz? He'll want a contender and we're the only team with cap space that is even close to the Warriors or Cavs. I guess he could go back to New Orleans but that place has been a dumpster fire since he left, it's the KG Wolves all over again.

As for Parkers 3's, I think he doesn't up the volume because he's still the primary ball handler. I don't want him upping his volume on pull up 3s, if we bring in someone new to run the team we can move him off the ball and getting more catch-and-shoot looks which I expect he'll hit efficiently.

Other than James, Wade and Bosh, who literally had to do it to make it work financially, every significant free agent that changes teams gets the max. They're already giving up the extra year by changing teams and let's face it, the true superstars in the NBA are the most underpaid athletes in professional sports as is and they know it. They probably want the max on principal alone.

As I said, signing Paul would mean trading Parker, in which case the Spurs would have the max. Besides, clearing up space to facilitate the signing of a significant free agent has never been an issue for any team.

I know Parker is still the primary ball handler, but between Leonard taking on more ball handling/creating and his and Aldridge's post ups, in theory, Parker should have been able to get more catch-and-shoots last season, yet the volume remained low.

coachmac87
07-19-2016, 07:06 PM
Other than James, Wade and Bosh, who literally had to do it to make it work financially, every significant free agent that changes teams gets the max. They're already giving up the extra year by changing teams and let's face it, the true superstars in the NBA are the most underpaid athletes in professional sports as is and they know it. They probably want the max on principal alone.

As I said, signing Paul would mean trading Parker, in which case the Spurs would have the max. Besides, clearing up space to facilitate the signing of a significant free agent has never been an issue for any team.

I know Parker is still the primary ball handler, but between Leonard taking on more ball handling/creating and his and Aldridge's post ups, in theory, Parker should have been able to get more catch-and-shoots last season, yet the volume remained low.

NFL players say hi

TD 21
07-19-2016, 07:15 PM
NFL players say hi

NFL players don't have nearly the same value to their franchise as NBA superstars, who are the single most valuable assets in sports. I'm talking true, not pseudo, ones.

Besides, NFL players actually still makes the most money pro rated. Of course they don't in total, because their rosters are more than 3 times the size and they play less than fifth of the games.

coachmac87
07-19-2016, 07:27 PM
NFL players don't have nearly the same value to their franchise as NBA superstars, who are the single most valuable assets in sports. I'm talking true, not pseudo, ones.

Besides, NFL players actually still makes the most money pro rated. Of course they don't in total, because their rosters are more than 3 times the size and they play less than fifth of the games.

You can try to spin it anyway you want...but Evan Turner has almost as much guaranteed $$ coming his way as Andrew Luck. NBA players have shoe deals etc. Yes NFL players play less games but that's due to their bodies going through "car wrecks" every week...which leads to longevity. Longer careers mean more $$.

TD 21
07-19-2016, 07:40 PM
You can try to spin it anyway you want...but Evan Turner has almost as much guaranteed $$ coming his way as Andrew Luck. NBA players have shoe deals etc. Yes NFL players play less games but that's due to their bodies going through "car wrecks" every week...which leads to longevity. Longer careers mean more $$.

No reading comprehension. I said true NBA superstars, not random rotation players like Turner.

Everyone knows the reasons for the gap in games/rosters and they're not important in this case.

But that's why a guy like Turner has as much guaranteed money coming his way as Luck: The NBA money is being spread to 450 players, not whatever number the NFL has.

tonight...you
07-19-2016, 07:43 PM
Seriously, you cannot compare NBA and NFL contracts at all.
Completely different species and they don't mate. Too many differentials and laws and bylaws in their respective CBA's.

Terrible argument.

coachmac87
07-19-2016, 08:45 PM
Seriously, you cannot compare NBA and NFL contracts at all.
Completely different species and they don't mate. Too many differentials and laws and bylaws in their respective CBA's.

Terrible argument.

I'm comparing $$ going into the athletes pockets. I even mentioned endorsements and shoe deals. NBA players make waaaay more $ than NFL players and it's not even close.

tonight...you
07-19-2016, 08:51 PM
I'm comparing $$ going into the athletes pockets. I even mentioned endorsements and shoe deals. NBA players make waaaay more $ than NFL players and it's not even close.
Thumb's up friend. I got you now.

SASdynasty!
07-20-2016, 09:18 PM
we need him more than he needs us.

would be ecstatic with either he or cp3 on the team.

we're gonna be the favorites to sign cp3 when he opts out after the clippers lose in the playoffs again. he's gonna be tired of losing.
If we need him more than he needs us, that's saying something considering the guy can't win a title.

Spur|n|Austin
07-20-2016, 10:47 PM
If we need him more than he needs us, that's saying something considering the guy can't win a title.

No one guy wins a title...

SASdynasty!
07-20-2016, 11:39 PM
No one guy wins a title...
True, but when you have an MVP, a stacked cast, and a good coach, there's not much else holding you back. Makes you think about letting the guy on your team that consistently shoots 40% have the most shots.

T Park
07-21-2016, 06:25 PM
the Spurs inquiring on Westbrook and the deals been talked about as "player centric" and they were asking for too much means, they most likely wanted Leonard plus a combo of others and picks.

kxs783kms
07-21-2016, 07:31 PM
Westbrook for Leonard straight up??? Lmao!!!!!

TrainOfThought5
07-21-2016, 07:39 PM
Apparently they wouldnt take Anderson, Mills, and Parker for Westbrook. Shame.

cutewizard
07-21-2016, 09:16 PM
Even www.poundingtherock.com is playing with this idea:

http://www.poundingtherock.com/2016/7/21/12250730/OKC-rumor-trade-westbrook-spurs

--------------------------------------

shame on Durant for abandoning OKC, tbh

james evans
07-21-2016, 09:35 PM
Westbrook for Leonard straight up??? Lmao!!!!!
:lol I would have hung the phone up as soon as they said his name

Mnky
07-21-2016, 09:41 PM
Bucks had significant offer, backed off due to extension refusal. I keep telling people, Thunder have no power in this beyond what Westbrook deems them worthy of. Guy is not extending with his own team, let alone one he got traded too without approval. No way anyone believes in pawning their franchise for a one year rental. Brooklyn nostalgia will give anyone nightmares.

Westbrook is running his options, and he wont go to a team that became a bad team after giving up pieces for him AND extend. Thunder can front all they want, Westbrook is leaving and if they don't want to have a Durant scenario of getting nothing back, they'll eventually settle.

That or thunder upset the NBA and play beyond expectations for chance of getting extension.

Chillen
07-22-2016, 12:03 AM
Apparently they wouldnt take Anderson, Mills, and Parker for Westbrook. Shame.

If Westbrook has a say and forces a trade to the Spurs, than OKC is gonna have to accept that and Spurs need to include like 2 or 3 seasons of potential picks with that to sweeten the deal. He would have to extend for the Spurs to trade them Parker and Mills, picks, etc.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-22-2016, 12:22 AM
If Westbrook has a say

He doesn't.

and forces a trade to the Spurs

He can't.

He would have to extend for the Spurs to trade them Parker and Mills, picks, etc.

He'll not extend with anyone. This is what makes the deal really complicated for OKC. If he had a list of teams he'd be willing to extend with they'd work it out quickly but there's no way he's that stupid. Or at least his agent wouldn't be.

ElNono
07-22-2016, 12:31 AM
I mean, if they trade Westbrook right now, Presti has to quit on the spot, right?

Ditty
07-22-2016, 01:02 AM
Man I wish Brett Brown would do us a solid, and take Parker. Spurs get Westbrook. OKC gets Okafor, Murray, Anderson, Milutinov and three first round picks from the Spurs. Sixers get Parker and Kanter.

Philly has a lineup of:

Embiid/Kanter
Noel/Landry
Simmons/Saric
Stauskas/Henderson
Parker/Bayless or Rodriguez

Not a bad team for the sixers.

tbdog
07-22-2016, 01:58 AM
Man I wish Brett Brown would do us a solid, and take Parker. Spurs get Westbrook. OKC gets Okafor, Murray, Anderson, Milutinov and three first round picks from the Spurs. Sixers get Parker and Kanter.

Philly has a lineup of:

Embiid/Kanter
Noel/Landry
Simmons/Saric
Stauskas/Henderson
Parker/Bayless or Rodriguez

Not a bad team for the sixers.

Simmons will play the 4. They need to get rid of some front court depth. Not add to it.

Mr. Body
07-22-2016, 02:39 AM
I mean, if they trade Westbrook right now, Presti has to quit on the spot, right?

Why? What's he supposed to be doing right now?

Chillen
07-22-2016, 04:28 AM
Yeah, it's not Presti's fault his franchise player bolted for a 73-9 team and took the easy path to victory. Westbrook if he won't extend has to go, because of Durant's decision they are in full rebuild mode now. Losing Durant to that team is like the Spurs losing Duncan, Parker, Ginobili in one season. So it's all down the toilet for OKC now since Westbrook won't extend.

cutewizard
07-22-2016, 09:17 AM
Poor OKC

Mr. Body
07-22-2016, 09:18 AM
Durant has left OKC in ruins and they may never recover, stick in the wilderness like Utah for well over a decade so far. He fucked that fan base hard.

Trueblood
07-22-2016, 09:23 AM
He doesn't.

He can't.

He'll not extend with anyone. This is what makes the deal really complicated for OKC. If he had a list of teams he'd be willing to extend with they'd work it out quickly but there's no way he's that stupid. Or at least his agent wouldn't be.

Actually I would say he does have a say and can force their hand. Take the two scenarios (assuming they need to trade him which is all but a definitive):

The first they trade him to a team that he refuses to sign an extension with. That team knows it's a rental with a very slim chance to resign so they don't offer much return value.

The second scenario involves Westbrook giving them a list of teams he would agree to sign extensions with. Those teams go into a bidding war for his services and the thunder get much better return value.

In the case where her only says he'll sign with one team he really cripples the thunder because now they have to balance playing hardball while still getting him to that team by the deadline.

He actually has a lot more power than your post implies.

ElNono
07-22-2016, 02:29 PM
Why? What's he supposed to be doing right now?

Convincing Russ to stay by making the moves to put a competitive team built around him and selling him on an long-term plan to stay in OKC? Isn't that his job?

You could say it's not all Presti's fault, but to some degree it is.

RC was talking a week ago or so, how they completely screwed up with Tim when he almost goes to Orlando, and they were fortunate that other factors helped them right that wrong. So that's one of their jobs, selling a long-term vision that seduces their top talent to stick around. Even if you could always argue that losing KD was on outlier, at some point if they can't keep Russ either, then it's not an outlier anymore.

bigfan
07-22-2016, 02:33 PM
a great talent but an asshole who would be tolerated by Pop for about negative 10 minutes.

sasaint
07-22-2016, 02:42 PM
Durant has left OKC in ruins and they may never recover, stick in the wilderness like Utah for well over a decade so far. He fucked that fan base hard.

At least Westbrook is giving OKC an opportunity to get SOMETHING in return.

TXstbobcat
07-22-2016, 02:55 PM
I seriously doubt that Westbrook will agree to sign an extension to help Facilitate a trade. Westbrook is probably looking forward to having multiple NBA teams kissing his ass and begging him to sign a contract during his unrestricted free agency in the off-season. Any team that is willing to trade for him at this point will only get a 1 year rental.

The only players that OKC would want in any trade with San Antonio for Westbrook are players that San Antonio would not be willing to give up for a 1 year rental. OKC is not going to trade Westbrook for Tony Parker and spare parts.

james evans
07-24-2016, 09:22 PM
I seriously doubt that Westbrook will agree to sign an extension to help Facilitate a trade. Westbrook is probably looking forward to having multiple NBA teams kissing his ass and begging him to sign a contract during his unrestricted free agency in the off-season. Any team that is willing to trade for him at this point will only get a 1 year rental.

The only players that OKC would want in any trade with San Antonio for Westbrook are players that San Antonio would not be willing to give up for a 1 year rental. OKC is not going to trade Westbrook for Tony Parker and spare parts.
well can't we just give them parker for draft picks next year?

TD 21
08-16-2016, 05:24 PM
I know it's old news at this point, but with this officially not even a possibility and with Paul always destined to be a long shot too, this is how the back court situation probably plays out in '17 . . .

Ginobili retires and after a failed stab at Paul, they turn to Teodosic, who once again recently professed his desire to come to the NBA after next season and play for either the Spurs or the Jazz. It would take a series of unlikely events for the Jazz to have a need, so expect him to end up a Spur.

http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/265553/the-spurs-and-the-jazz-are-two-teams-id-like-to-play-for

Hoops Czar
08-16-2016, 05:37 PM
I know it's old news at this point, but with this officially not even a possibility and with Paul always destined to be a long shot too, this is how the back court situation probably plays out in '17 . . .

Ginobili retires and after a failed stab at Paul, they turn to Teodosic, who once again recently professed his desire to come to the NBA after next season and play for either the Spurs or the Jazz. It would take a series of unlikely events for the Jazz to have a need, so expect him to end up a Spur.

http://www.eurohoops.net/featured/265553/the-spurs-and-the-jazz-are-two-teams-id-like-to-play-for

Teodosic makes Paddy Mills look like a wizard on Defense. He's useless.

Traffic cone >>>>>>> Patty Mills >>>>> ElNono 's grandmother >>>>> Stephen Hawking >>>>>>> Teodosic

TD 21
08-16-2016, 05:45 PM

Traffic cone >>>>>>> Patty Mills >>>>> ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) 's grandmother >>>>> Stephen Hawking >>>>>>> Teodosic

This isn't about whether people want them to sign him or not, it's about whether they will or not and there's no reason to think they won't.

Expect him to be the sixth man in '17-'18, playing roughly 20 mpg and playing point guard on offense, while defending shooting guards.

Hoops Czar
08-16-2016, 05:59 PM
This isn't about whether people want them to sign him or not, it's about whether they will or not and there's no reason to think they won't.

Expect him to be the sixth man in '17-'18, playing roughly 20 mpg and playing point guard on offense, while defending shooting guards.

Teodosic is showing the whole world that he doesn't belong in the NBA with his poignantly woeful defense. He might get a training camp invite from the Spurs but I can't see any scenario in which he makes the team.

If the Spurs strike out on CP3 and they will, there are still options like MCW, Jeff Teague and Jrue Holiday, who I'm sure the Spurs would look at first before they'd be desperate enough to lift up the barrel and scrape two feet under to take a player like Teodosic.

Spurs might be better off signing the traffic cone to one year contract and Try the free agency thing again in 2018.

TD 21
08-16-2016, 06:15 PM
Teodosic is showing the whole world that he doesn't belong in the NBA with his poignantly woeful defense. He might get a training camp invite from the Spurs but I can't see any scenario in which he makes the team.

If the Spurs strike out on CP3 and they will, there are still options like MCW, Jeff Teague and Jrue Holiday, who I'm sure the Spurs would look at first before they'd be desperate enough to lift up the barrel and scrape two feet under to take a player like Teodosic.

Spurs might be better off signing the traffic cone to one year contract and Try the free agency thing again in 2018.

Teams have been trying to lure him over for years. According to Stein, the Grizzlies offered him 2 years and roughly $5M in '13. With the cap exploding since then and a similar player of similar age, in Rodriguez, signing for $8M this off season, there's no reason to think he won't command a salary in that range.

I can't see them having any interest in Carter-Williams, Teague will likely re-sign and Holiday, I'm skeptical as to whether they'd offer what it would take to have a chance to sign him given his injury history and the fact that he's good, but not great.

This is similar to Aldridge and Gasol, in that too much adds up to think there's not a good chance of it happening.

ElNono
08-16-2016, 06:59 PM
Last I heard Teodosic does not want to come to the NBA and sit in the bench. He wants a large role, lots of minutes, etc... so the Spurs are certainly not in his list.

Hoops Czar
08-16-2016, 07:04 PM
Teams have been trying to lure him over for years. According to Stein, the Grizzlies offered him 2 years and roughly $5M in '13. With the cap exploding since then and a similar player of similar age, in Rodriguez, signing for $8M this off season, there's no reason to think he won't command a salary in that range.

I can't see them having any interest in Carter-Williams, Teague will likely re-sign and Holiday, I'm skeptical as to whether they'd offer what it would take to have a chance to sign him given his injury history and the fact that he's good, but not great.

This is similar to Aldridge and Gasol, in that too much adds up to think there's not a good chance of it happening.

Are you talking about Teodosic possibly replacing manu, which would a catastrophic move IMO or Paddy who's also a free agent? The Spurs need some stability going forward and if they end up re-signing Paddy, can you even fathom a backcourt pairing of Mills and Teodisic? :lol A second unit consisting of Dedmon, KA, Bertans, Mills and Teodisic would go down as one of the worst defensive rotations for the Spurs since the turn of the 21st century.

SpurPadre
08-16-2016, 07:05 PM
Why revive this thread?

look_at_g_shred
08-16-2016, 08:15 PM
Edit : Wrong Thread

cutewizard
08-17-2016, 08:19 AM

Traffic cone >>>>>>> Patty Mills >>>>> ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) 's grandmother >>>>> Stephen Hawking >>>>>>> Teodosic

lol

TD 21
08-17-2016, 03:27 PM
Ginobili retires and after a failed stab at Paul, they turn to Teodosic

Are you talking about Teodosic possibly replacing manu, which would a catastrophic move IMO or Paddy who's also a free agent? The Spurs need some stability going forward and if they end up re-signing Paddy, can you even fathom a backcourt pairing of Mills and Teodisic? :lol A second unit consisting of Dedmon, KA, Bertans, Mills and Teodisic would go down as one of the worst defensive rotations for the Spurs since the turn of the 21st century.

When's the last time they had a good defensive bench and what would lead you to believe they'd prioritize that over a Ginobili archetype? As usual, I think you're conflating what you want with what they'll (likely) do.

Bench defense isn't some crucial aspect to winning anyway, especially if you do a lot of mixing and matching, as they're known to do.

SAGirl
08-17-2016, 09:39 PM
Westbrook is out of the picture from the next couple of seasons. Time to turn a page.

gambit1990
08-17-2016, 09:52 PM
westbrook would rather take on a challenge than join a potential super team imo. that's why i don't see him coming here. would love to be wrong though.
right again, should be no surprise.

Hoops Czar
08-18-2016, 12:20 AM
When's the last time they had a good defensive bench and what would lead you to believe they'd prioritize that over a Ginobili archetype? As usual, I think you're conflating what you want with what they'll (likely) do.

Bench defense isn't some crucial aspect to winning anyway, especially if you do a lot of mixing and matching, as they're known to do.

Maybe you should re-watch the 2013 NBA finals, the 2015 first round matchup versus the Clippers and most recently the 2016 Western Conference semis vs OKC and try to tell me bench defense doesn't matter. :lol Ginobili in his own right was a pretty good defender and you're talking about replacing him with a poor man's Marco Belinelli. You don't think playing a net negative defender for 20-25 minutes/game with no back up in sight is going to make much of a difference?

Just because he can do some of things Manu can do on the offensive side of the ball doesn't make him Ginobili's archetype.

TD 21
08-18-2016, 03:50 PM
Maybe you should re-watch the 2013 NBA finals, the 2015 first round matchup versus the Clippers and most recently the 2016 Western Conference semis vs OKC and try to tell me bench defense doesn't matter. :lol Ginobili in his own right was a pretty good defender and you're talking about replacing him with a poor man's Marco Belinelli. You don't think playing a net negative defender for 20-25 minutes/game with no back up in sight is going to make much of a difference?

Just because he can do some of things Manu can do on the offensive side of the ball doesn't make him Ginobili's archetype.

I didn't say it "didn't matter", I said it's not crucial and the notion that they're going to find some do everything sixth man or prioritize defense in one is asinine.

Counting true bench players, since you apparently think all bench players play together at all times, how good defensively was the bench of the '12-'14 Spurs?

There is no true Ginobili archetype, but he's along the lines of one, the same way Gasol is to Duncan. He's a big guard, that can run the offense, play on or off the ball and defend shooting guards.

HarlemHeat37
02-18-2017, 06:38 PM

Canyonero
02-18-2017, 06:40 PM
So Westbrook to Spurs confirmed.

Mr. Body
02-18-2017, 06:49 PM
He's pretending to find Kawhi hilarious. He's here.

Ice009
02-18-2017, 07:09 PM
Cousins standing in the vicinity too. I'd wouldn't mind that as a new big three.

RD2191
02-18-2017, 07:11 PM
He's pretending to find Kawhi hilarious. He's here.

sasaint
02-18-2017, 07:16 PM
I don't know that Kawhi necessarily relishes the idea of being the face of the franchise as far as the media is concerned. He might welcome a teammate as outgoing as Westbrook. Duncan had Ginobili and Parker. Perhaps Kawhi could have his Westbrook. On the court is another issue, however...

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-19-2017, 03:39 AM
Westbrook is signing a 5 year $200+ mil extension with OKC in the summer. He's not going anywhere.

Trueblood
02-19-2017, 11:12 AM
Westbrook is signing a 5 year $200+ mil extension with OKC in the summer. He's not going anywhere.

While I agree in theory, think Deandre Jordan. Nothing matters till the contact is signed

BG_Spurs_Fan
02-19-2017, 11:23 AM
While I agree in theory, think Deandre Jordan. Nothing matters till the contact is signed

Not at all comparable - Jordan got the same money when he signed with the Clippers. If Westbrook doesn't sign the super extension, he'd have to wait an additional year to become a free agent (in 2018) and sign for $50 mil less.

Trueblood
02-19-2017, 12:02 PM
Not at all comparable - Jordan got the same money when he signed with the Clippers. If Westbrook doesn't sign the super extension, he'd have to wait an additional year to become a free agent (in 2018) and sign for $50 mil less.

Super stars don't always follow the money. A lot of them leave money on the table. Sometimes it's for flexibility in negotiations (like LeBron) sometimes it's to join a team that you feel is a better contender (Durant) and sometimes it's to help the team be more competitive (Duncan). My point being money isn't always the end all goal. While I do believe he's going to re-sign, my point still stands that we can't rule it out till the contract is official.

gambit1990
02-19-2017, 12:11 PM
kawhi and westbrook would be lethal.

TheGreatYacht
02-19-2017, 01:18 PM
Best big 2 since Duncan and Parker

Gagnrath
02-19-2017, 01:54 PM
I don't think he goes back to OKC, don't know where he's going but after this year of being non-competitive while essentially killing himself game after game I see him fleeing.

gambit1990
06-28-2017, 11:24 AM
WB said he was good friends with kawhi the other night.

EIC
06-28-2017, 11:26 AM
Him and Kawhi ain't gonna win shit with GSW, Houston, and soon the Lakers on the rise unless they team up.

noles1983
06-28-2017, 11:35 AM
Dump TP and bring on Westbrick. Would rather pay him that paying 20mil for George freaking Hill

Ice009
06-28-2017, 11:38 AM
WB said he was good friends with kawhi the other night.

What did he say exactly?

Chinook
06-28-2017, 11:38 AM
Not that I really like him, but the question has to be if he's worth more or less than Paul got.

look_at_g_shred
06-28-2017, 11:41 AM
Not that I really like him, but the question has to be if he's worth more or less than Paul got.
Send anyone not name Leonard/Murray

dabom
06-28-2017, 11:42 AM
Westbrook just got MVP and way younger. No brainier. :lol