PDA

View Full Version : NBA has too many

RD2191
07-04-2016, 04:10 PM
Shit teams. Joke franchises and not enough talent. Contract 4-6 teams and shorten the season for fucks sakes. Now with KD joining the Dubs that leaves OKC as another hopeless team.

tonight...you
07-04-2016, 04:13 PM
Shit teams. Joke franchises and not enough talent. Contract 4-6 teams and shorten the season for fucks sakes. Now with KD joining the Dubs that leaves OKC as another hopeless team.
I like it. Which teams should be the first to get the axe besides Sacramento? I don't care about their brand new arena. They are a stain upon the NBA.

Leetonidas
07-04-2016, 04:15 PM
NBA really needs to implement a franchise tag or something because this shit is ridiculous

RD2191
07-04-2016, 04:15 PM
I like it. Which teams should be the first to get the axe besides Sacramento? I don't care about their brand new arena. They are a stain upon the NBA.

:lol. Well phily for one. Minny, pelicans/hornets. Just franchises that have no hope of ever winning anything.

Tully365
07-04-2016, 04:16 PM

Sacramento signed Matt Barnes, and Cousins says he's wanted him on the team for years:lol...

What a disaster!

tonight...you
07-04-2016, 04:19 PM
NBA really needs to implement a franchise tag or something because this shit is ridiculous
Good idea...

TD 21
07-04-2016, 04:25 PM
It's a sport that, at the highest level, is always going to be ruled by the best handful or so of players in the world. There's nothing the league can do about that or those players wanting to join forces when they become unrestricted free agents.

It's got nothing to do with the "talent level" in the league though, because it's never been higher and it'll only continue to improve as time goes by and that goes for any sport.

RD2191
07-04-2016, 04:29 PM
It's a sport that, at the highest level, is always going to be ruled by the best handful or so of players in the world. There's nothing the league can do about that or those players wanting to join forces when they become unrestricted free agents.

It's got nothing to do with the "talent level" in the league though, because it's never been higher and it'll only continue to improve as time goes by and that goes for any sport.

I don't buy it. Can you picture the Bucks in the Finals anytime soon? What about the T Wolves? There are just hopeless franchises who will never amount to anything. They suck at drafting and who the hell wants to play for minny? The bucks? Nowhere near enough talent to have 30 competitive teams.

Clipper Nation
07-04-2016, 04:31 PM
The Lakers.

SPURt
07-04-2016, 04:34 PM
I wonder how Adam Silver feels about this new super team? The best way to fix the parity problem is probably by changing the playoff format. There is more parity in the NFL because the playoffs are one game for all the marbles. That opens the door for a low seed to get hot and win a chip. Even if the Finals and conference Finals remained 7 games, the first two rounds should at least be one game. The first round of this years playoffs was practically unwatchable.

I'm sure the commissioner isn't going to give up playoff games due to the money coming in off television and ticket sales.

Leetonidas
07-04-2016, 04:35 PM
Hopefully we switch to a playoff format that eliminates conference seeding as well

tholdren
07-04-2016, 04:35 PM
clippers, bucks, suns

RD2191
07-04-2016, 04:36 PM
Better yet so many of these shit franchises ruin (top picks) potential stars because of shit coaching/terrible teammates/losing culture. Fucking Spurs turned a 15th pick into an MVP candidate.

TD 21
07-04-2016, 04:36 PM
I don't buy it. Can you picture the Bucks in the Finals anytime soon? What about the T Wolves? There are just hopeless franchises who will never amount to anything. They suck at drafting and who the hell wants to play for minny? The bucks? Nowhere near enough talent to have 30 competitive teams.

Not the Bucks, but the Timberwolves might eventually be able to be in that mix.

The Warriors weren't far removed from the Clippers historically. The idea of them doing what they've done and luring a player the magnitude of Durant would have been unthinkable 2 years ago.

If the Timberwolves look like the next Thunder, the only thing that might prevent them from being a free agent destination is the cap.

Only an idiot would think talent hasn't and won't continue to progressively improve across sports, for all the obvious reasons.

RD2191
07-04-2016, 04:40 PM
Not the Bucks, but the Timberwolves might eventually be able to be in that mix.

The Warriors weren't far removed from the Clippers historically. The idea of them doing what they've done and luring a player the magnitude of Durant would have been unthinkable 2 years ago.

If the Timberwolves look like the next Thunder, the only thing that might prevent them from being a free agent destination is the cap.

Only an idiot would think talent hasn't and won't continue to progressively improve across sports, for all the obvious reasons.

The NBA has way too many shitty players. The league is filled with scrubs on scrub teams.

RD2191
07-04-2016, 04:44 PM
Sometimes the talent is there but the coaching isn't or vice versa. That means not enough talented players or coaches imo.

tholdren
07-04-2016, 04:48 PM
The NBA has way too many shitty players. The league is filled with scrubs on scrub teams.
Ding ding ding. And how does this happen? Media tricks you into thinking these players are better than they are. Worst part is 99% of you buy it, and forget the media IS SELLING A PRODUCT.

TD 21
07-04-2016, 04:50 PM

It's the most exclusive league in the world, genius. There's only 450 roster spots and it's the second most global sport in the world. Sure, it's almost impossible to make it if you're not at least in excess of 6 feet, but still.

tholdren
07-04-2016, 04:52 PM
It's the most exclusive league in the world, genius. There's only 450 roster spots and it's the second most global sport in the world. Sure, it's almost impossible to make it if you're not at least in excess of 6 feet, but still.
Exclusive doesn't have anything to do with skill. Isn't LeDouche Repping a PG who shoots 28% and has as many TOS as assists? ITs a block party - skill and professionalism have gone away.

RD2191
07-04-2016, 04:56 PM
Danny Green can't even dribble a basketall. D Jordan and Dwight can't hit a free throw to save their lives. And they are/were considered top players in the league. :lol

baseline bum
07-04-2016, 05:09 PM

I could see the Wolves becoming a contender. They have one of the top coaches in the league, Towns is a legit franchise player, and they have some young talent in Wiggins and Dunn.

RD2191
07-04-2016, 05:11 PM
I could see the Wolves becoming a contender. They have one of the top coaches in the league, Towns is a legit franchise player, and they have some young talent in Wiggins and Dunn.

That's if they continue to draft well and develop players. Some big IF's imo

Nathan89
07-04-2016, 05:19 PM
Danny Green can't even dribble a basketall. D Jordan and Dwight can't hit a free throw to save their lives. And they are/were considered top players in the league. :lol

Cutting 4-6 teams doesn't change that.

houston spurs fan
07-04-2016, 05:23 PM
It's become La Liga. GSW's record is meaningless due to OP's point

james evans
07-04-2016, 06:45 PM
Good idea...
why? there is no loyalty in sports. There is no loyalty in the nba outside of the spurs. Teams will have a player for 15 of his best years then dump him like a bag of dirt(knicks with Ewing), so why can't players do to teams what teams have been doing to players for decades?

tonight...you
07-04-2016, 07:42 PM
why? there is no loyalty in sports. There is no loyalty in the nba outside of the spurs. Teams will have a player for 15 of his best years then dump him like a bag of dirt(knicks with Ewing), so why can't players do to teams what teams have been doing to players for decades?

Good counter-point.

TheGoldStandard
07-04-2016, 07:44 PM
Good counter-point.

The majority of teams that do that to players are teams that have big markets and do that to become relevant again.. Absolutely nobody stays in shit town USA for a career.

tonight...you
07-04-2016, 07:46 PM
The majority of teams that do that to players are teams that have big markets and do that to become relevant again.. Absolutely nobody stays in shit town USA for a career.
You guys got my head on a swivel...