PDA

View Full Version : Duncan should come back in February

UNT Eagles 2016
07-04-2016, 06:46 PM
Gives him time to rest that knee and look rejuvenated enough for one final run... assuming we have a fighter's chance and are at least 2nd seeded in the West.

dbreiden83080
07-04-2016, 07:35 PM
Should have opted out and went to GS. Everyone else is.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Should have opted out and went to GS. Everyone else is.

If Duncan does indeed go to GSW... I hope Manu would, too. Sad for Kawhi/LMA but I'm not too terribly big of a fan of anyone else on the Spurs, except for maybe Boban who might not be back anyways depending on contracts.

TheGoldStandard
07-04-2016, 07:42 PM
You can't rehab or rest a bad knee and get it's explosion back.. Resting might keep it from hurting or being swollen but when you lose the lift and mobility to move around it's gone.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-04-2016, 07:44 PM
You can't rehab or rest a bad knee and get it's explosion back.. Resting might keep it from hurting or being swollen but when you lose the lift and mobility to move around it's gone.

Still think he's a better option than pretty much anything else for a ~15-20 mpg backup C/PF on a title contending team, either with the Spurs or Warriors... neither one have a better option outside their respective starting lineups...

TheGoldStandard
07-04-2016, 07:47 PM
Still think he's a better option than pretty much anything else for a ~15-20 mpg backup C/PF on a title contending team, either with the Spurs or Warriors... neither one have a better option outside their respective starting lineups...

I get that but dude looked done after that knee injury happened. Game 6 looked like everything he had left in the tank.. I'm sure he could have his occasional solid game but I'd hate to have a season of him albeit a shortened season of him looking like a shell of himself.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-04-2016, 07:53 PM
I get that but dude looked done after that knee injury happened. Game 6 looked like everything he had left in the tank.. I'm sure he could have his occasional solid game but I'd hate to have a season of him albeit a shortened season of him looking like a shell of himself.

I don't care if it's a shell of himself, if you have a backup big who can get 12/7 consistently in limited minutes against backup bigs you keep him, regardless of who he used to be... it's like investing in IBM or cigarettes stock today versus in 1975... it's obviously a shell of itself then, but it's not too terrible

TheGoldStandard
07-04-2016, 07:55 PM
I don't care if it's a shell of himself, if you have a backup big who can get 12/7 consistently in limited minutes against backup bigs you keep him, regardless of who he used to be... it's like investing in IBM or cigarettes stock today versus in 1975... it's obviously a shell of itself then, but it's not too terrible

Off the bench? Nah, he's not getting 12/7 especially if that 2nd unit is suppose to play fast or faster.. Likely he would average 6/4

houston spurs fan
07-04-2016, 08:19 PM
Lol, notion of TD coming off the bench. SMH...

UNT Eagles 2016
07-04-2016, 09:11 PM
Off the bench? Nah, he's not getting 12/7 especially if that 2nd unit is suppose to play fast or faster.. Likely he would average 6/4

I'd rather have a more defensive 2nd unit anyways... tired of the whole "get 17 points, give up 20" schtick during the five to seven minutes or so the bench plays in the late 1st-early to mid 2nd quarter (often repeated in the 2nd half).