PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul will sign w/ the Spurs in 2017, BOOK IT!

Kawhitstorm
07-04-2016, 09:01 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=h6v9dh8

The only other option for him is the Knicks since Carmelo is his buddy but he's going to be ring chasing so it won't make sense unless Porzingis turns into an MVP candidate.

The Big 3 will be purged & a new era will begin in 2017.:toast

PATFO might also bring back Tiago if he's relatively healthy. (I'm hoping PATFO will dump Pau for Millsap but that most likely won't happen)

Otherwise,

Choke-P3
Danny
Kawhi
Millsap
Softridge

:wow:wow:wow

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2016, 11:04 PM

The only other option for him is the Knicks since Carmelo is his buddy but he's going to be ring chasing so it won't make sense unless Porzingis turns into an MVP candidate.

PATFO might also bring back Tiago if he's relatively healthy. (I'm hoping PATFO will dump Pau for Millsap but that most likely won't happen)

Otherwise,

Choke-P3
Danny
Kawhi
Millsap
Softridge

07-04-2016 -Fuck WoJo

GSH
10-12-2016, 11:41 PM
The real beauty of these kinds of threads is that you get to say "I told you so" if it comes true. If it doesn't, you just forget about it. Just throw enough shit at the wall, and some of it's bound to stick.

Why in the hell would the Knicks be CP3's only other option? He's going to be in tremendous demand. He can get paid, or he can chase a ring. But there won't be any shortage of teams courting him. Book it? Seriously? I don't want to just bicker, but come on. He's a very good point guard, and it would be great to land him. But acting like the Spurs are a lock to get him just doesn't make sense.

dabom
10-12-2016, 11:48 PM
I already made an earlier thread. Got deleted probably...

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2016, 11:49 PM
I already made an earlier thread. Got deleted probably...

I made the post on 07-04-2016 -Fuck WoJo

Kawhitstorm
10-12-2016, 11:52 PM
Why in the hell would the Knicks be CP3's only other option?

None of the contenders besides the Cripples have cap room buddy. The rest of the field doesn't have a better supporting cast than Porzingis/Melo/Noah/Lee.

GSH
10-13-2016, 12:10 AM
None of the contenders besides the Cripples have cap room buddy. The rest of the field doesn't have a better supporting cast than Porzingis/Melo/Noah/Lee.

Well at least that's a reason. I can't even speculate what the sap situation will look like by the time next offseason rolls around. They raised the bar so far this year, next year is going to be a fucking mess. A lot of guys are going to expect to get paid like this year. And the league can't have just one FA class get paid, and the next year guys sign for short money. I don't know what it looks like, but I have a feeling next offseason is going to be hair-raising.

But don't discount the pull of teams like Boston and LA. They're a big draw for high-profile guys with an ego. Houston is going to try to convince him that he and Harden together would be unstoppable. Cuban will try to put together his own mega-team, and sign Paul and Durant. I'm sure several others will be willing to make moves to try and get him. I've heard that no more than 5% of the deals that get proposed ever happen, and I've heard that even that is too high. The point is, every deal is a long shot.

Paul respects Pop, and he knows that the organization is top tier. It's already been mentioned that Tim would likely help the recruiting effort. (One of the ways that he can be "involved with the team" now.) And I'm sure he'll consider the kind of D they would play with Kawhi, Danny, and himself on the same team. I'm sure he'll give serious thought to the Spurs. That's about all we could hope for.

dabom
10-13-2016, 12:56 AM
I made the post on 07-04-2016 -Fuck WoJo

I saw the thread date already. :lol

SilverSpur
10-13-2016, 10:10 PM
Austin Spurs

tonight...you
10-13-2016, 10:14 PM

Otherwise,

Choke-P3
Danny
Kawhi
Millsap
Softridge

If I could trow a cool couple hunnie on it with odds, I would. Rarely do I see my man be's wrong and I do like to make money...