PDA

View Full Version : Bet of the year...Kawhi Leonard will win the Kia 16-17 Regular season MVP.

apalisoc_9
07-04-2016, 10:22 PM
Won my last bet with him avergaing over 21 while all the losers pegged him at 18...

Astray
07-04-2016, 10:54 PM
LeBron is a lock for MVP.

apalisoc_9
07-04-2016, 10:56 PM
LeBron is a lock for MVP.

Lebron is a favourite imo. I had durant as the second favourite but he made a beta move....we will see. I think kawhi wins mvp.

SpursforSix
07-04-2016, 10:57 PM
Don't sleep on Westbrook.

dabom
07-04-2016, 11:52 PM
Easy money OP. :claw

ducks
07-04-2016, 11:57 PM
Spurs will have to finish in the top 3 in the west to do that

apalisoc_9
07-05-2016, 01:23 AM

Top 2. He wont win as a third seed

Mister Sinister
07-05-2016, 01:41 AM
20 bucks.

TheGreatYacht
07-05-2016, 03:46 AM
I hope so, OP. Unfortunately the media will make it up to Lebron for writing him off as the best player in the world. Hometown hero, the Warriors hatred, defending champs, etc. it's his to lose.

That being said Kawhi improves every year, and he's training with Kobe.. So hopefully that makes him more selfish and makes him ask for the ball more. Pau will also help Kawhi tremendously by spacing the floor and throwing him 1-2 lobs a game, that'll increase his PPG.

One thing is for sure, Durbeta and Curry are out of the conversation.

cutewizard
07-05-2016, 04:00 AM
:claw

Dre_7
07-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Won my last bet with him avergaing over 21 while all the losers pegged him at 18...

I agree. I think Kawhi has a monster year and gets the MVP.

That being said Kawhi improves every year, and he's training with Kobe.. So hopefully that makes him more selfish and makes him ask for the ball more. Pau will also help Kawhi tremendously by spacing the floor and throwing him 1-2 lobs a game, that'll increase his PPG.

He really is training with Kobe? That is awesome! I am excited for this year, despite the Durant move.

LongtimeSpursFan
07-05-2016, 03:04 PM
Is Kawhi the only MVP candidate that other teams don't have to double team or game plan for?

james evans
07-05-2016, 03:17 PM
we're guaranteed #2. With the 10 games popovich will throw, we still are the 2nd best team in the west

YGWHI
07-05-2016, 09:29 PM
He really is training with Kobe?
No.

Is Kawhi the only MVP candidate that other teams don't have to double team or game plan for?
You should watch Spurs games more often.

r0drig0lac
07-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Westbrook is a lock for MVP.

james evans
07-05-2016, 09:38 PM
No.

It would really help, not only for him but for damn near half of this forum that makes comments like this As for westbrooke being a lock for mvp, they've got to make the playoffs first or at least top 4 in the west. Just like with Kobe that season he avreaged 35 and people talked about he was robbed for mvp. When has a 7th seeded team ever had an mvp winner? :lol

YGWHI
07-05-2016, 10:18 PM
It would really help, not only for him but for damn near half of this forum that makes comments like this
:tu

But I wouldn't say it's the half of this forum, just 3 trolls and their alts, because most people know that Kawhi was drawing double teams during the whole season.

Of course, no team game-planning for the Spurs leading scorer in regular season and playoffs for 2nd consecutive season...

LongtimeSpursFan
07-05-2016, 11:47 PM
No.

Ive watched every Spurs game for the last 15 years.

You should really take the time to actually learn about basketball and how teams prepare for games.

YGWHI
07-06-2016, 12:15 AM

You should really take the time to actually learn about basketball and how teams prepare for games.

Nah. If you have watched a game this season you would know how wrong you're.

But instead of reading your shitty takes about him I rather remember Doc saying "Do I have to?" when asked about the issues that Kawhi could create on offense and then threw double teams at him all the series in 2015...

Or hear the rest of the coaches this season saying "Kawhi's tough to game plan for"...

Kawhitstorm
07-06-2016, 12:29 AM

You watched 9 of 'em from your mom's ****.

LongtimeSpursFan
07-06-2016, 12:39 AM
Coaches report on Kawhi:

- good three point shooter
- decent post gamw
- can't create shot
- can't dribble in traffic
- can't elevate and finish at rim
-can't create off pass

Key to stopping Kawhi: crowd him at three point lane and make him put ball on floor.

Dont get me wrong I love Kawhi. But he ain't no LeBron, Curry, Durant, Westbrook, Thompson, or Paul or any other MVP candidate that can take over a game

Kawhitstorm
07-06-2016, 12:56 AM
BDR on LongtimeSpursFan

-Micro
-Bottom bitch
-Likes to get dominated

Key to turning on LongtimeSpursFan: Strap-on

apalisoc_9
07-06-2016, 01:27 AM
-Micro
-Bottom bitch
-Likes to get dominated

Key to turning on LongtimeSpursFan: Strap-on

:lmao

YGWHI
07-06-2016, 01:55 AM
:lmao

Can't create his own shot? 0.99 PPP, 82.4 percentile on Isos. A lot better numbers than LeBron, Harden, PG in the season.

Can't drive, can't run pick and rolls? 1.13 PPP, 54.5 FG%, 96.7 percentile as ball handler

ELITE in every category.

Key to stopping Kawhi: crowd him at three point lane and make him put ball on floor.
And these things happen when Kawhi puts the ball on the floor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLF60X8NFt4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSZJhke7FEc

:claw

Fireball
07-06-2016, 02:02 AM
fuckin player fan ...

YGWHI
07-06-2016, 02:34 AM
fuckin player fan ...

Player-fan betting on our best player to continue improve>>>>>>>>>>Stupid troll saying he can't drive or finish when stats show otherwise.

About the MVP award...Doesn't matter if Kawhi wins it or not, the most important thing is we need him playing at that level to make this team better.

r0drig0lac
07-06-2016, 05:01 AM
Player-fan betting on our best player to continue improve>>>>>>>>>>Stupid troll saying he can't drive or finish when stats show otherwise.

About the MVP award...Doesn't matter if Kawhi wins it or not, the most important thing is we need him playing at that level to make this team better.

agree

YGWHI
07-06-2016, 05:08 AM
agree

It's all about the Spurs winning as a team over individual success:flag:

Fireball
07-06-2016, 08:14 AM

r0drig0lac
07-06-2016, 08:32 AM

exactly

LongtimeSpursFan
07-06-2016, 10:20 AM
29 replies and outside the fan bois no one else thinks Kawhi has a shot an MVP

K...
07-06-2016, 11:32 AM

I mean, of course, if we get the number one seed it's very likely. But the goal is a championship not indiv awards.

Brazil
07-06-2016, 11:52 AM
This is not an outrageous bet tbh

Nobody knows with all that moves but he was a top 2/3 pick for MVP last year there is no reason to not believe he is one of contender next year.

Curry/Durant chances are a question mark at this point but I don't buy those two will see drop in production because they have to play together. They had basically 4 scorers: green, klay, curry and Barnes. Barnes and Green will see their production drop and that will let Curry, Durant and Klay doing most of the scoring load. Durant averaged 30 with Harden and Westbrook in the team.

Lebron is also obviously a candidate... Cavs will finish 1st in the East, after last year ring, Lebron made it clear who is still best player in the league... a new 25 7 7 line and you have the favorite imo

If Westbrook stays in OKC he will have a free pass to do the fuck he wants BUT at the same time, OKC could struggle and his selfish way could cost him votes. I would not be surprised to see articles about how his selfishness lead KD to leave and cost the franchise its future.

Kawhi will be Spurs daddy even more and Spurs will be second in the west. It will be all about GSW and Spurs, no teams have a shot at those 2.

I'd say in terms of odds:

1. Lebron
2. Curry / Kawhi
3. Durant
4. Westbrook

HM: Harden even if media are not fooled anymore by his lack of defense and inefficiency...

houston spurs fan
07-06-2016, 11:55 AM
It's Westbrook's to lose. He has everything going for him, the media, the drive, the stats...Kawhi has no chance unless he improves even more as an offensive player...

cjw
07-06-2016, 12:17 PM
It's Westbrook's to lose. He has everything going for him, the media, the drive, the stats...Kawhi has no chance unless he improves even more as an offensive player...

If Thunder are top 4 in the West, he's the top candidate. Otherwise, I'd lean towards Lebron unless he coasts.

If Spurs somehow grab best record, it's Kawhi's. But only in that instance.

GSH
07-06-2016, 12:25 PM
Kawhi isn't going to be the most valuable player in the league this season. But taking into account how they select them? He could get the votes. They won't want to give it to Curry again, if they can avoid it. And besides, some of Curry's thunder is going to be stolen by his teammates. Kawhi SHOULD be the best player on a team that stands to be weaker than last season. That SHOULD help his numbers overall.

It would help Kawhi's case a lot if the Spurs turn out to be a very good defensive team. Then they could justify giving him the MVP because of his contribution on both ends. If the team isn't good defensively, it will be a lot harder to do that.

At this point, LeBron is the one to beat for MVP without any question. A few other players could easily enter the discussion, if their teams have great years. Westbrook and Harden in particular. If either one of those guys carry their teams into the WCF, they are going to be in the discussion, for sure.

Russo21
07-06-2016, 12:27 PM
So hard to say. Did Durant and Currymuncher rule themselves out of the MVP race with that bullshit move Durant pulled. Westbrook will average a 60 point triple double, write that down, but his team may not be good enough for him to contend. So with Curry and Durant out of the running, and Westbrook having to fight his ass off just to make the playoffs i'd say it's out of LeBron and Kawhi.

MultiTroll
07-06-2016, 12:36 PM
Considering how often the Media Valuable Player wins the Finals...
don't care.

Kawhitstorm
07-06-2016, 12:46 PM
Curry/Durant chances are a question mark at this point but I don't buy those two will see drop in production because they have to play together. They had basically 4 scorers: green, klay, curry and Barnes. Barnes and Green will see their production drop and that will let Curry, Durant and Klay doing most of the scoring load.

Barnes?:lmao

Last I checked they Dominos is going to replace Barnes::lol

Durant averaged 30 with Harden and Westbrook in the team.

He averaged 30 when Harden/Ibaka were ROOKIES.:lol

His situation is similar to Paul Pierce when he was playing w/ Ray Allen/KG/Rondo except in a faster paced offense. Dominos/Wardell will most likely average 25-27 & Klank about 20-22 with Gaymond chipping in about 12-14. So I could see them combining for 90.

Another example is the 2003-04 Mavs who actually had 5 guys who could averaged 20 on a playoff team & a high paced offense. (Dirk at his peak had his PPG drop by 4)

HM: Harden even if media are not fooled anymore by his lack of defense and inefficiency...

Carmelo finished 2nd in MVP in 2013 & actually was the reason why LeBron wasn't the unanimous MVP so if Harden can get the Rockets to the 3rd seed he could be the Steve Nash MVP.

Brazil
07-06-2016, 03:33 PM
Barnes?:lmao

Last I checked they Dominos is going to replace Barnes::lol

well son, that's my point, Barnes last year was fourth scorer of GSW

He averaged 30 when Harden/Ibaka were ROOKIES.:lol

His situation is similar to Paul Pierce when he was playing w/ Ray Allen/KG/Rondo except in a faster paced offense. Dominos/Wardell will most likely average 25-27 & Klank about 20-22 with Gaymond chipping in about 12-14. So I could see them combining for 90.

Another example is the 2003-04 Mavs who actually had 5 guys who could averaged 20 on a playoff team & a high paced offense. (Dirk at his peak had his PPG drop by 4)

Durant averaged 28 ppg in 11/12 with Harden playing 31 mpg with 17 ppg and Westbrook with 24 ppg for 35 mpg, that's 69 ppg with those 3. You can imagine a GSW with Klay around 20 and both Curry and Durant around 28-30. The 10 points gap is ok considering GSW scores 10/12 points per game than 11/12 OKC squad. So Durant maintening his average is totally possible. I think it exists a scenario where Green will be relegated to a Ibaka role tbh offensively around 10 ppg but with certainly more assists.

Carmelo finished 2nd in MVP in 2013 & actually was the reason why LeBron wasn't the unanimous MVP so if Harden can get the Rockets to the 3rd seed he could be the Steve Nash MVP.

Not sure I see the parallel with Steve Nash.

Anyway, Harden antics have been mocked heavily last couple of years and two way players are being celebrated recently (Lebron, Kawhi) so thats just my pov I don't see Harden being in serious conversation for MVP next year if he does not change his well deserved of lazy selfish player.

Brazil
07-06-2016, 03:34 PM
^oh and surely Carmelo is defensively challenged but not harden challenged tbh

SpurSwag
07-06-2016, 03:58 PM
Durant going to the Warriors definitely helps Kawhi's odds at the MVP a lot, but i'm not sure if he'll ever put up the numbers to get MVP justification. I expect him to average 22-23 and 7-8 rebounds, which are great numbers, but to me he'll always be a player whos impact will always far exceed his numbers. Unless someone who wasn't in the conversation for the award this year comes into the picture next year, the award will come down to Lebron, Kawhi, Russ, or one of KD/Steph. If Kawhi gets his scoring up to 25 a game and we win 60 this year or close to it I think he'll get it, but I'm not sure if his scoring will jump that high. It'd be awesome to see him get MVP and DPOY in the same season though.

SpurSwag
07-06-2016, 04:00 PM
Westbrook definitely has the best narrative for it right now though. And if its not going to be Kawhi, I'd like to see Lebron get it. Clearly established himself as the best player in the league last playoffs, and if the cavs get the 1 seed and close to 60 wins they should give him the award assuming he averages 25, 7, 7.

Kawhitstorm
07-06-2016, 04:41 PM
well son, that's my point, Barnes last year was fourth scorer of GSW

You stated "Barnes and Green WILL see their production drop" as if Barnes is STILL on the roster.:lol

Durant averaged 28 ppg in 11/12 with Harden playing 31 mpg with 17 ppg and Westbrook with 24 ppg for 35 mpg, that's 69 ppg with those 3. You can imagine a GSW with Klay around 20 and both Curry and Durant around 28-30. The 10 points gap is ok considering GSW scores 10/12 points per game than 11/12 OKC squad. So Durant maintening his average is totally possible.

Harden was averaging 10 FGAs & was essentially playing point guard much like Manu. Klay isn't playmaker, he's looking to shoot much like Kevin Martin in 2012-13.:lol For Dominos & Curry to average 28-30 each, Klay would have to accept a JJ ReDick role on offense.

I think it exists a scenario where Green will be relegated to a Ibaka role tbh offensively around 10 ppg but with certainly more assists.

Along w/ Iggy, Gaymond is actually going to be left WIDE OPEN like Harrison Barnes b/c teams aren't going to help off Dominos or Klay.:lol He's going to get a lot of uncontested layups instead or Iggy is going to get a lot of wide open 3s when teams trap Curry.

Not sure I see the parallel with Steve Nash.

It's quite possible that Harden is going to have a crazy on/off number playing in a system that's heavily reliant on playmaking guards as he's the only playmaker on a team that just overpaid for two shooters.

Anyway, Harden antics have been mocked heavily last couple of years and two way players are being celebrated recently (Lebron, Kawhi) so thats just my pov I don't see Harden being in serious conversation for MVP next year if he does not change his well deserved of lazy selfish player.

Harden was being mocked during the Summer of 2014 & ended up being voted the Player's MVP the following season. If he can have a similar season then the door is open for the Rockets to finish w/ a top 4 record now that OKC is out of the picture.

tonight...you
07-06-2016, 04:47 PM
Wasn't he #2 in voting just this last season?
Like in the Real World, he was voted #2. Just last season.
What makes this possibility so unbelievable if he's shown to improve significantly every single year?

Kawhitstorm
07-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Durant going to the Warriors definitely helps Kawhi's odds at the MVP a lot, but i'm not sure if he'll ever put up the numbers to get MVP justification. I expect him to average 22-23 and 7-8 rebounds, which are great numbers, but to me he'll always be a player whos impact will always far exceed his numbers.

Derrick Rose averaged 24pts & 7asts while shooting 44% when he won the MVP over PEAK LeBron. Assuming the the Duds get the Heatles treatment, there is a good chance Kawhi could win MVP if the Spurs are a 60 win team & LeBron just cruises during the regular season.

houston spurs fan
07-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Westbrook definitely has the best narrative for it right now though. And if its not going to be Kawhi, I'd like to see Lebron get it. Clearly established himself as the best player in the league last playoffs, and if the cavs get the 1 seed and close to 60 wins they should give him the award assuming he averages 25, 7, 7.
NBA writers love a "story" and there is no better story than Westbrook's. He'll have the stats, the wins (because the NBA is so weak, etc... It's his to lose and it's not even close

Brazil
07-06-2016, 05:22 PM
You stated "Barnes and Green WILL see their production drop" as if Barnes is STILL on the roster.:lol

put them in the same bag but yes you're right it is incorrect to act as if he was still on the roster

Harden was averaging 10 FGAs & was essentially playing point guard much like Manu. Klay isn't playmaker, he's looking to shoot much like Kevin Martin in 2012-13.:lol For Dominos & Curry to average 28-30 each, Klay would have to accept a JJ ReDick role on offense.

harden, westbrook and durant were worth 50 FGAs per game. To maintain their average those 3 need 57 FGAs not that crazy taking into account pace. 11/12 OKC shot 79 FGAs per game, GSW is at 87 +8. So yeah again. Seeing durant around his average with GSW is a real possibility.

Along w/ Iggy, Gaymond is actually going to be left WIDE OPEN like Harrison Barnes b/c teams aren't going to help off Dominos or Klay.:lol He's going to get a lot of uncontested layups instead or Iggy is going to get a lot of wide open 3s when teams trap Curry.

well I guess we will have our answers next year. I globally disagree with what you are saying.

It's quite possible that Harden is going to have a crazy on/off number playing in a system that's heavily reliant on playmaking guards as he's the only playmaker on a team that just overpaid for two shooters.

Harden was being mocked during the Summer of 2014 & ended up being voted the Player's MVP the following season. If he can have a similar season then the door is open for the Rockets to finish w/ a top 4 record now that OKC is out of the picture.

well except that in 15/16 Harden had quite similar stats than 14/15 but he was hardly mentionned in mvp talk this year.

Kawhitstorm
07-06-2016, 06:07 PM
harden, westbrook and durant were worth 50 FGAs per game. To maintain their average those 3 need 57 FGAs not that crazy taking into account pace. 11/12 OKC shot 79 FGAs per game, GSW is at 87 +8. So yeah again. Seeing durant around his average with GSW is a real possibility.

GSW will have a higher pace but Dominos isn't going to play 38 minutes a night nor maintain the same usuage rate.:lol

well except that in 15/16 Harden had quite similar stats than 14/15 but he was hardly mentionned in mvp talk this year.

Except Harden was mediocre during the first month of the season (shot 40% & averaged 5 turnovers) when the Crockets were expected to challenge the 24-0 Duds.:lol If Harden played like he did post ASG break the entire season then he would have been right there with Dominos/WestBrick for MVP, instead he got his coach fired.

'14-'15 vs '15-'16

WS: 16.4 (led the league = MVP) vs. 13.3
WS/48: .265 vs .204 (lowest since his 2nd season)
On/Off (ORtg): +14.0(:wow) vs. +8.3

Brazil
07-07-2016, 01:38 PM
GSW will have a higher pace but Dominos isn't going to play 38 minutes a night nor maintain the same usuage rate.:lol

Except Harden was mediocre during the first month of the season (shot 40% & averaged 5 turnovers) when the Crockets were expected to challenge the 24-0 Duds.:lol If Harden played like he did post ASG break the entire season then he would have been right there with Dominos/WestBrick for MVP, instead he got his coach fired.

'14-'15 vs '15-'16

WS: 16.4 (led the league = MVP) vs. 13.3
WS/48: .265 vs .204 (lowest since his 2nd season)
On/Off (ORtg): +14.0(:wow) vs. +8.3

:lol there is no way we find a common ground on this one... but then again we will have our answer soon enough... I don't see Durant signing for playing less and shooting less

kobyz
07-10-2016, 05:31 AM
If Kawhi wins the MVP but once again lead the spurs for a first round exit for the third straight year, how funny it will be?? Should he retire then??

SpursFan86
07-10-2016, 09:34 AM
LeBron is the clear favorite. He got slept on this year (should've finished 2nd behind Curry), but once the playoffs came around he proved to everyone he's still the best player in the league. Next year people will remember that.

Kawhi will get consideration I'm sure (I expect him to be top 3 in voting), but I'll gladly bet that he doesn't win it.

All Mighty Janitor
07-10-2016, 10:50 AM
When you look at it as only a top seeded team can have a player win MVP I think Kawhi's chances are great; maybe even the best. I agree with the media narrative that's gonna pop up and give Lebron a boost, but he is almost certainly going to coast. With Golden State 2 MVP players, neither one of them will win it, unless one of them is hurt for more than half the season. Just to add something myself, somebody that no one is mentioning is Paul George. I don't think he is a good as people say, but he's got a lot of media backing. With some improvement to his game and team seed (top three in the east, 55+ wins) he could win it. I think Kawhi is gonna win it though; top 3 overall seed, 58+ wins, and he's gonna have a great year.

cutewizard
07-10-2016, 10:54 AM
Seems to me the MVP ballots are skewed towards the elite offensive player.....

and so the elite defensive player must have the onus to prove otherwise....

tough job, but it can be done if the Spurs win homecourt I think......

Silver&Black
07-10-2016, 11:02 AM
If Kawhi wins the MVP but once again lead the spurs for a first round exit for the third straight year, how funny it will be?? Should he retire then??

Facepalm. You think your favorite team getting bounced in the 1st round is funny? And by the way you dumb, stupid Israeli fuck....we made it to the 2nd round last year. Therefore making it impossible for us to lose in the 1st round 3 straight years.

Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

kobyz
07-10-2016, 12:38 PM
Facepalm. You think your favorite team getting bounced in the 1st round is funny? And by the way you dumb, stupid Israeli fuck....we made it to the 2nd round last year. Therefore making it impossible for us to lose in the 1st round 3 straight years.

Why haven't you killed yourself yet?

Counting the Memphis series, lol! It will be funny cause maybe then those Kawhi lovers would be put to place and stop overreacting and overrated him!

Silver&Black
07-10-2016, 01:21 PM
Counting the Memphis series, lol! It will be funny cause maybe then those Kawhi lovers would be put to place and stop overreacting and overrated him!

What did the post originally say? I see "Last edited" 8 minutes after you wrote it....

:lol You probably got the opponent wrong

I already know what you were thinking. You see a thread made by a poster you don't like...and decided, "Hey. I'm gonna go talk shit in his thread." But, if you're going to talk shit about what round Kawhi gets put out in.......at least get the fucking round right retard.

SASdynasty!
07-10-2016, 02:21 PM
I hope so too. It will be tough for Lebron to not get it if he puts up similar numbers to everyone else in the RS (which most likely will happen)...simply because of his historic run in the Finals.

BatManu20
07-10-2016, 02:28 PM
Lebron is the easy favorite at this point. It's not impossible for Kawhi, but with Pop limiting his minutes, I doubt he has the averages to win the MVP. And we'd likely have to win 63+ games again and I don't see that happening.

kobyz
07-10-2016, 02:54 PM
What did the post originally say? I see "Last edited" 8 minutes after you wrote it....

:lol You probably got the opponent wrong

I already know what you were thinking. You see a thread made by a poster you don't like...and decided, "Hey. I'm gonna go talk shit in his thread." But, if you're going to talk shit about what round Kawhi gets put out in.......at least get the fucking round right retard.
I'm only putting the true in the face!

Tully365
07-10-2016, 03:12 PM
It's not exactly a daring prediction to say the guy who finished #2 in MVP voting last season might win it this year. Aren't awards based on votes by guys you think are mostly vanilla player fans relatively meaningless anyway? You have a weird contradictory way of dismissing awards you don't agree with and crowing endlessly about awards that go to guys you like.

TD 21
07-10-2016, 05:18 PM
Leonard has a good chance . . .

James - Will probably further ramp up regular season coasting and might somewhat concede the reigns to Irving.

Curry - Playing with Durant will hurt, as will his relatively poor playoff performance.

Durant - Playing with Curry will hurt and his respect level has clearly taken a hit because of his decision.

Paul - Playing with Griffin always hurts and he's due to take a step back.

Griffin - Playing with Paul always hurts and some voters might still hold him breaking his hand on their trainer and essentially ending their season, against him.

Harden - Due a big bounce back, but isn't respected enough and team isn't good enough for elite record.

Westbrook - Is likely to play with more fury than ever, has the narrative going for him and probably a better team than given credit for. If they get fourth seed, he probably wins it.

Davis - Due a big bounce back, but team isn't good enough for elite record.

SpursFan86
07-10-2016, 06:34 PM
I just think these past playoffs will give LeBron a huge boost. I know it doesn't necessarily make sense (MVP is a regular season award - having an amazing playoff run doesn't mean that's how good a player was during the regular season), but you can bet your ass the media will remember how dominant LeBron was during the playoffs and how he completely outplayed the unanimous MVP Steph in the Finals. LeBron made a lot of people realize that they had been sleeping on him and forgot how dominant he can be.

Next season, even if Kawhi is having a slightly better season, the media will remember how LeBron stepped it up in the playoffs and that will give him a boost in voting. Kawhi would need to have an absolutely monstrous season (better than last year) to have a chance. I'm not sure Kawhi will shoot 44% from 3 again, and Pau will also be replacing Duncan and getting more touches than Duncan did in the offense.

Splits
07-10-2016, 07:46 PM
I'll take OPs bet for $100 if nobody else has.

He knows I'm good for it :lol

apalisoc_9
07-10-2016, 08:13 PM
I'll take OPs bet for $100 if nobody else has.

He knows I'm good for it :lol

Did you pay Harlem? I dont think have..you owe him a 100$

dabom
07-10-2016, 08:15 PM
Splits is a welcher. :lmao

Splits
07-10-2016, 08:23 PM

I paid/received all my bets last season. Not sure what you're referring to, but your defamation is below even your own low standard.

You received my $100 for the Kawhi/21 bet, right?

dabom
07-10-2016, 08:23 PM
Splits (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=24583) is a welcher. :lmao

apalisoc_9
07-10-2016, 08:31 PM
I paid/received all my bets last season. Not sure what you're referring to, but your defamation is below even your own low standard.

You received my $100 for the Kawhi/21 bet, right?

Lies. The agreement was to pay Harlem the 100$. I never recieved anything. You're a welcher.

Splits
07-10-2016, 08:32 PM
Lies. The agreement was to pay Harlem the 100$. I never recieved anything. You're a welcher.
midnightpulp

Can you confirm you didn't send the $100 to cosilapa?

apalisoc_9
07-10-2016, 08:36 PM
HarlemHeat37

Can you confirm if Midnightpulp paid you the 100us dollars.

Splits
07-10-2016, 08:43 PM
As far as I was aware, the bet was paid: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259386&page=2&p=8667306#post8667306

dabom
07-10-2016, 08:44 PM
so splits is a welcher. So ironic. :lmao

apalisoc_9
07-10-2016, 08:46 PM
Once the payment is confirmed we can go on with the bet. However, Kawhi is at +1500 so I'm not betting 1/1 this time. I'm going to give you a nice +500 deal though.

Splits
07-10-2016, 08:50 PM
I'm a fucking idiot who lacks reading comprehension. So ironic. :lmao

dabom
07-10-2016, 08:52 PM
Splits on tilt. :lmao

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2016, 11:50 AM
I did place the bet for Apo, I completely forget that somebody was supposed to pay me back the money, though:lmao..completely forget about all this shit..

So, who is sending me $100?

Kawhitstorm
07-11-2016, 11:23 PM
I just think these past playoffs will give LeBron a huge boost. I know it doesn't necessarily make sense (MVP is a regular season award - having an amazing playoff run doesn't mean that's how good a player was during the regular season), but you can bet your ass the media will remember how dominant LeBron was during the playoffs and how he completely outplayed the unanimous MVP Steph in the Finals. LeBron made a lot of people realize that they had been sleeping on him and forgot how dominant he can be.

It depends on how well Kyrie plays & if LeBron cruises in the regular season along w/ their overall record. Shaq only won one MVP b/c Kobe emerged & the Lakers were cruising in the regular season after '99-'00.

apalisoc_9
07-11-2016, 11:27 PM
I did place the bet for Apo, I completely forget that somebody was supposed to pay me back the money, though:lmao..completely forget about all this shit..

midnightpulp

You owe Harlem 100$

Kawhitstorm
07-11-2016, 11:31 PM
Leonard has a good chance . . .

James - Will probably further ramp up regular season coasting and might somewhat concede the reigns to Irving.

Curry - Playing with Durant will hurt, as will his relatively poor playoff performance.

Durant - Playing with Curry will hurt and his respect level has clearly taken a hit because of his decision.

Paul - Playing with Griffin always hurts and he's due to take a step back.

Griffin - Playing with Paul always hurts and some voters might still hold him breaking his hand on their trainer and essentially ending their season, against him.

Harden - Due a big bounce back, but isn't respected enough and team isn't good enough for elite record.

Westbrook - Is likely to play with more fury than ever, has the narrative going for him and probably a better team than given credit for. If they get fourth seed, he probably wins it.

Davis - Due a big bounce back, but team isn't good enough for elite record.

Paul George & Lillard are actually a good candidates if their teams can finish w/ a top 3 record in their respective conferences.

midnightpulp
07-12-2016, 12:37 AM

I am. I asked for your paypal awhile back. And then time went on and I forgot about it, as well.

HarlemHeat37
07-12-2016, 12:40 AM
I am. I asked for your paypal awhile back. And then time went on and I forgot about it, as well.

Ya you did, I remember now..I'll get back to you with my PayPal info..thanks..

apalisoc_9
07-12-2016, 12:41 AM
So now that payment is made..Why dont you put your 200k salary into play Splits.

+500 kawhi wins MVP..

Thats a great deal considering he's at +1500