PDA

View Full Version : Suns: Westbrook could be comin' to the Valley of the Suns...

Thread
07-05-2016, 12:28 AM
http://arizonasports.com/story/725617/the-phoenix-suns-are-getting-mentioned-as-a-possible-trade-fit-for-russell-westbrook/

[[[Let’s hypothetically say the first is at least a pretty good NBA player with years of his prime left or a young player showing All-Star potential.
Depending on how you feel about his knees, the Suns have the former in Eric Bledsoe, and while he’s not quite on the level of other young pieces Lowe mentions like Andrew Wiggins, D’Angelo Russell or Jabari Parker, Devin Booker qualifies for the latter in my opinion.
The second would be big-time future assets, and the Suns have almost more of those than any other team in the NBA. Booker could be downgraded to this group if you feel that way about him, but there’s also recent top-5 selection Dragan Bender, recent top-10 selection Marquese Chriss, T.J. Warren, Alex Len, all of their own future picks and both Miami’s top-seven protected 2018 first-round pick and unprotected 2021 first-round pick.
Even if a team doesn’t want Bledsoe because of his knees, the Suns seem like they’d have enough to reach that highlighted mark, and that’s without mentioning Brandon Knight, Tyson Chandler and P.J. Tucker, who all have value in the league as well.
The sum of the pieces, in theory, adds up to the previous prices we’ve seen in superstar trades.
For the sake of fun, we’ve also rushed over the most important part of a hypothetical trade for Westbrook, which is the (smart) team would have to know he would re-sign if they were to match his astronomical price.
Would Westbrook re-sign in Phoenix? Were they selling the Spur's shit? It’s certainly not on the same level as his hometown Lakers or the historical and very good right now Celtics, who both have those pieces as well.
If the Suns did reach that critical step, however, some will ask “should they give up so much for Westbrook?”
Of course they should. He’s one of the best players of his generation and one of the five best right now in basketball. He turns only 28 in November and has plenty left in his prime.]]]

- Scoop Robinson

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2016, 12:30 AM
why would he join the suns, knowing the owner has a habbit of costs cutting?

even if u dont count the spurs, there is still better teams out there he could chose to play for that is 1 piece away from contending....

Thread
07-05-2016, 12:31 AM
why would he join the suns, knowing the owner has a habbit of costs cutting?

even if u dont count the spurs, there is still better teams out there he could chose to play for that is 1 piece away from contending....

Don't shoot the messenger. I'm just reporting what I've managed to scope & scoop.

DAF86
07-05-2016, 12:34 AM
Scoop Robinson is such a shitty writer. He's always coming up with these stupid ass ideas that don't make any sense.

Thread
07-05-2016, 12:35 AM
Scoop Robinson is such a shitty writer. He's always coming up with these stupid ass ideas that don't make any sense.

Ain't my shit. I just brought it forth.

baseline bum
07-05-2016, 01:01 AM
tl;dr

JMarkJohns
07-05-2016, 01:28 AM
If they wanted Bledsoe/Goodwin/Warren and either one of Bender or Chriss or Miami's future 1sts, then maybe.

But if the Suns sell Bender or Chris and the Miami 1sts I'm going to fucking riot!

JMarkJohns
07-05-2016, 01:30 AM
I don't see it, though. Westbrook isn't re-signing with Suns, and is done after this year.

Let Boston overpay for him.

JMarkJohns
07-05-2016, 01:32 AM
I'd much rather see what Booker and this youth can develop into before buying stars.

Right now Bledsoe and Knight deals look like bargains. Let them prove healthy, then trade each and Tucker and Chandler.

Then figure out what you have with Goodwin.

Go young, then in two years, add a star. Westbrook isn't putting a trophy in that case.

I think Booker could contribute to that team in time if they don't sacrifice future on altar of immediate.

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2016, 08:00 AM
Westbrook to the Dubs would be hilarious...Heres the lineup...

Durant - Center
Draymond - PF (switch off at center when needed)
Clay - SF
Westbrook - SG
Curry - PG

Fucking awesome small ball team :lmao

K...
07-05-2016, 08:08 AM
Westbrook to the Dubs would be hilarious...Heres the lineup...

Durant - Center
Draymond - PF (switch off at center when needed)
Clay - SF
Westbrook - SG
Curry - PG

Fucking awesome small ball team :lmao

Imagine fantasizing about your own team....

I guess they could ask him if he would sign extension before they traded him. I just don't see him finding Arizona better than okc.

07-05-2016, 08:09 AM
Another damn good find by Scoop, as per usual.

Scoop

Koolaid_Man
07-05-2016, 08:10 AM
Imagine fantasizing about your own team....

I guess they could ask him if he would sign extension before they traded him. I just don't see him finding Arizona better than okc.

I am fantasizing about my own team ;-) ok dipshit :lol

TDMVPDPOY
07-05-2016, 08:59 AM
getting his bird rights if u trade for him now is still risky, even if u give him the max 5yrs, whats the chances of him not taking the max and walking?

that means u given up all these pieces u accumulated over the years fro 1yr rental, only to restart doing what u previously were doing