PDA

View Full Version : Thunder: KD was butthurt at Westbrook

Joseph Kony
07-05-2016, 02:40 PM
Finally coming out, even though we all knew it to begin with. Though I feel like this is more of an excuse because he joined a team where he will get even less shots

Kevin Durant Thought Thunder 'Plateaued', Was Frustrated With Westbrook Within Offense
Jul 5, 2016 2:41 PM
http://basketball.realgm.com/images/nba/4.2/wiretap/photos/2006/Durant_Kevin_okc_150331.jpg
The Oklahoma City Thunder led the NBA in blown fourth quarter leads last season and Kevin Durant wanted to play within an offense that had better ball movement and easier scoring chances.
Despite a coaching change from Scott Brooks to Billy Donovan, the offense often stalled. Durant and Russell Westbrook were a powerful offensive duo but they didn't always make each other better.
"Ultimately he got frustrated and felt that they had plateaued," said a person with insight into Durant's thought process. "[Donovan] came in, and he still had the same issues that he had with Russ under Scotty. The offense didn't change much. He still had to take a ton of contested shots every game; and that's when he had the ball at all."
The Warriors have been one of the NBA's best passing teams for several seasons and their system is about setting up great shots instead of merely settling for good ones.
"He's never going to have a game in Golden State where Steve Kerr has to say at halftime, 'You guys need to get Kevin the ball,' which happened in OKC," the same person said.

lefty
07-05-2016, 02:42 PM
Durbeta jealous of Alphabrook :lol

Joseph Kony
07-05-2016, 02:45 PM
:cry give me more shots :cry

>joins team with 3 all-stars

Clipper Nation
07-05-2016, 02:50 PM
Durbeta is such a pussy. He's still hiding behind Westbrook, using him as his scapegoat and his shield against all media criticism, even after leaving OKC.

InRareForm
07-05-2016, 02:51 PM
This doesn't make sense.. Although warriors are unselfish his shots are going to lower or relatively the same in thunders system

Chris
07-05-2016, 02:53 PM
Boiled down...

No one wants to play with a chucker. (ie:Kobe)

Clipper Nation
07-05-2016, 02:57 PM
Boiled down...

No one wants to play with a chucker. (ie:Kobe)
Westbrook's still a better teammate than Durbeta. At least Russ tries to win. Durbeta quit on his team in Games 6 and 7, and as we know now, he just wanted to hurry up and end the series so he could run off to Golden State.

Spurs9
07-05-2016, 02:59 PM
It was in KD's hands to win that series too up 3-1.

07-05-2016, 03:00 PM
It was in KD's hands to win that series too up 3-1.
He has never answered the bell. Not once.

Chris
07-05-2016, 03:02 PM
Westbrook's still a better teammate than Durbeta. At least Russ tries to win. Durbeta quit on his team in Games 6 and 7, and as we know now, he just wanted to hurry up and end the series so he could run off to Golden State.

Absolutely. No one is more competitive than Westbrook, but his terrible shot selection is something that should have weeded itself out. He is relentless, but makes bad decisions and relies on his athleticism to bail him out.

whitemamba
07-05-2016, 03:06 PM
Absolutely. No one is more competitive than Westbrook, but his terrible shot selection is something that should have weeded itself out. He is relentless, but makes bad decisions and relies on his athleticism to bail him out.

This is key, he needs to get that under control. Other than that, hes my favorite player in the league.

lefty
07-05-2016, 03:08 PM
http://www.thecoli.com/media/kevin-the-servant-durant-6.1104/full

midnightpulp
07-05-2016, 03:08 PM

Yep. Obvious quit.

He knew that if OKC won the title, there's no way he could leave (psychologically speaking), because he would be forced into staying and going for another one next season. So basically he gave up one title to win a possible 3 or 4.

Biggest bitch move in NBA history.

lefty
07-05-2016, 03:09 PM
http://i.imgur.com/HGOMT90.gif

Clipper Nation
07-05-2016, 03:12 PM
Yep. Obvious quit.

He knew that if OKC won the title, there's no way he could leave (psychologically speaking), because he would be forced into staying and going for another one next season. So basically he gave up one title to win a possible 3 or 4.

Biggest bitch move in NBA history.

Tbh, Durbeta is a choke artist anyway, but he should also be investigated for point-shaving or throwing those games. There's a good chance the Warriors pulled another scam like they did with Iguodala in that Nuggets series a few years back. We all know how shameless that franchise truly is, I wouldn't put it past them.

Killakobe81
07-05-2016, 03:12 PM
This is key, he needs to get that under control. Other than that, hes my favorite player in the league.

yep and kobe had the same problem especially shot selection.

Joseph Kony
07-05-2016, 03:13 PM
I think it's kind of funny he is supposedly butthurt over the system in OKC but we all saw what GS was when their threes weren't falling, they literally made no adjustments and just kept chucking away. now without Bogut setting screens and half their bench leaving, who knows what kind of fluidity we'll see. they were good because their entire team played so well together and they're gonna have to part with a good number of them. obviously its the right move to get KD but still.

whitemamba
07-05-2016, 03:15 PM

Debatable.

Gummi Clutch
07-05-2016, 03:20 PM
2 years ago I would have been on his side...but after this playoffs?

Who the hell is KD kidding?

apalisoc_9
07-05-2016, 03:21 PM
Tbh, Durbeta is a choke artist anyway, but he should also be investigated for point-shaving or throwing those games. There's a good chance the Warriors pulled another scam like they did with Iguodala in that Nuggets series a few years back. We all know how shameless that franchise truly is, I wouldn't put it past them.

Kawhi will creampie on Durants GF and beat the Gay Area players

Killakobe81
07-05-2016, 03:27 PM
Debatable.

how so?

Venti Quattro
07-05-2016, 03:28 PM
This doesn't make sense.. Although warriors are unselfish his shots are going to lower or relatively the same in thunders system

Maybe he just wants an offense where not a lot of stupid shots are taken. The Warriors take a lot of bad shots, yes, but they are normal shots for their system

whitemamba
07-05-2016, 03:32 PM
how so?

Depends on what stage of his career your talking about. He def took some shit shots, and lost us some games, but overall hes a very smart basketball player.

LkrFan
07-05-2016, 03:35 PM
D West would rather eat KD's scraps than carry Jim to the playoffs:

:downspin:

Killakobe81
07-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Depends on what stage of his career your talking about. He def took some shit shots, and lost us some games, but overall hes a very smart basketball player.

The fact Kobe had such a high b-ball IQ and STILL took some dumb shots ...
Shows how out of control his ego was at times.
OF course he was one of my favorite players but shot selection is why his efficiency numbers are not where Durant/Lebron's is ...and is part of why at least LeBron (maybe KD too)will go down as the better player in most of the eyes of the new age media.

whitemamba
07-05-2016, 04:15 PM
The fact Kobe had such a high b-ball IQ and STILL took some dumb shots ...
Shows how out of control his ego was at times.
OF course he was one of my favorite players but shot selection is why his efficiency numbers are not where Durant/Lebron's is ...and is part of why at least LeBron (maybe KD too)will go down as the better player in most of the eyes of the new age media.

Lebron isn't a shooter. Look at his stats outside the paint, its pathetic. Kobe took more shots from '05-'07 with the clock winding down more than any other person I have ever seen. Was smush supposed to shoot those? or Mihm? Brian Cook? please.

Budkin
07-05-2016, 04:19 PM
:cry give me more shots :cry

>joins team with 3 all-stars

Killakobe81
07-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Lebron isn't a shooter. Look at his stats outside the paint, its pathetic. Kobe took more shots from '05-'07 with the clock winding down more than any other person I have ever seen. Was smush supposed to shoot those? or Mihm? Brian Cook? please.

I agree with you ... during those years.
But you cannot deny that sometimes even with Shaq, horry, Fisher etc. he would rather take (and lot's of times make) a tough shot for himself than a looks for a better shot for his team-mates.
Kobe was one of the best I ever seen with my own eyes but out of the top 5-12 players all-time he is the one that took the dumbest shots. Only MJ is even close.

Clipper Nation
07-05-2016, 04:33 PM
But you cannot deny that sometimes even with Shaq, horry, Fisher etc. he would rather take (and lot's of times make) a tough shot for himself than a looks for a better shot for his team-mates.
Kobe was one of the best I ever seen with my own eyes but out of the top 5-12 players all-time he is the one that took the dumbest shots. Only MJ is even close.

> Kobe
> "the top 5-12 players all-time"

Choose one.

Killakobe81
07-05-2016, 04:37 PM
> Kobe
> "the top 5-12 players all-time"

Choose one.

WHAT?!

whitemamba
07-05-2016, 05:05 PM

during the 3peat years, it dont matter. We won. 2003-2004 there was def some questionable basketball plays by Kobe.

Pelicans78
07-05-2016, 05:49 PM

I don't think Kobe's shot selection was nearly as bad until the twilight of his career.

Killakobe81
07-05-2016, 05:52 PM
I don't think Kobe's shot selection was nearly as bad until the twilight of his career.

Oh at times it was ...
I doubt many here have watched as many games of Kobe (Pre-achilles) than me ...Laker fan or not.
His shot selection has always been shaky and even truly bad at times ... he just was the best bad shot taker and maker I have ever seen.

Spurtacular
07-05-2016, 05:57 PM
Westbrook would take a ton of sh** shots in the final five or six minutes of games. I also watched games where Durant hardly touched the ball in the final three minutes. This would happen in playoff games. He's a great talent; but I don't think it's any secret that KD was none too pleased with Westbrook.

StrengthAndHonor
07-05-2016, 05:59 PM
Oh at times it was ...
I doubt many here have watched as many games of Kobe (Pre-achilles) than me ...Laker fan or not.
His shot selection has always been shaky and even truly bad at times ... he just was the best bad shot taker and maker I have ever seen.
Better than Curry?

djohn2oo8
07-05-2016, 06:00 PM
Westbrook would take a ton of sh** shots in the final five or six minutes of games. I also watched games where Durant hardly touched the ball in the final three minutes. This would happen in playoff games. He's a great talent; but I don't think it's any secret that KD was none too pleased with Westbrook.

Durant didn't demand the ball from Westbrook. Why the hell should i pass you the ball if you don't assert yourself and call for it?

K...
07-05-2016, 07:47 PM
durant could of asked to trade westbrook and no one would blame him for that. They could have gotten a huge price for him and set up okc for a nice upgrade. He didn't take ownership of OKC, then passed over taking ownership of Boston, in order to play a likely subordinate servant role in Oakland.

Obstructed_View
07-05-2016, 07:56 PM
There's a lot of you motherfuckers that have clearly never been to Oklahoma City and compared it to northern California. Durant lasted a lot longer in that toilet than most of us would.

Tully365
07-05-2016, 08:12 PM
Durant made the smart move going to a team that relies on fundamentals and smart players over an athletic freak/terrible decision maker in Westbrook. It's mostly people posting here that are "butthurt." Donovan is a great coach, but he still let Westbrook shoot 4 3ptFGA per game, which makes no sense... Westbrook is great at driving to the basket and a terrible 3 pt shooter. Kudos to Durant for making the smartest basketball decision instead of some emotional sentimental return to a faulty team and PG.

Spurtacular
07-05-2016, 08:14 PM
Durant didn't demand the ball from Westbrook. Why the hell should i pass you the ball if you don't assert yourself and call for it?

Does KD have some issues with not being assertive enough? Maybe. But what you're saying is that Westbrook had no fault in not getting Durant touches; and that's just not true.

07-05-2016, 08:47 PM
durant could of asked to trade westbrook and no one would blame him for that. They could have gotten a huge price for him and set up okc for a nice upgrade. He didn't take ownership of OKC, then passed over taking ownership of Boston, in order to play a likely subordinate servant role in Oakland.

KAY

Jzone
07-05-2016, 08:47 PM
KDs a bitch, they had a 3-1 lead and he choked. Can't blame no one but his own sorry ass tbh.

Obstructed_View
07-05-2016, 09:45 PM
Durant made the smart move going to a team that relies on fundamentals and smart players over an athletic freak/terrible decision maker in Westbrook. It's mostly people posting here that are "butthurt." Donovan is a great coach, but he still let Westbrook shoot 4 3ptFGA per game, which makes no sense... Westbrook is great at driving to the basket and a terrible 3 pt shooter. Kudos to Durant for making the smartest basketball decision instead of some emotional sentimental return to a faulty team and PG who was going to leave next year anyway.

Edited for truth.

Obstructed_View
07-05-2016, 09:45 PM
KDs a bitch, they had a 3-1 lead and he choked. Can't blame no one but his own sorry ass tbh.

So he went to another team of bitches who had a 3-2 lead and choked.

spursistan
07-05-2016, 09:50 PM
so predicable that this snake an his camp will throw Westbrook under the bus for the most pathetic beta move in sports history..

Own it faggot :lol

Tully365
07-05-2016, 09:53 PM
How's he throwing Westbrook under the bus?

Killakobe81
07-05-2016, 10:26 PM
Better than Curry?

Range wise, no. Im talking more the double pumps, over two people, the no iso with no ball movement forced jumpers.
The bad shots curry takes at least usually done with enough space for a clean look ...

Clipper Nation
07-05-2016, 11:54 PM
How's he throwing Westbrook under the bus?

By blaming Westbrook for his decision to become the biggest coward in league history. And for once again trying to stick Westbrook with the blame for all of his playoff failures on his way out the door. At least Russ never threw a playoff series so he could quit on his team.

siraulo23
07-06-2016, 12:07 AM
durant so beta he had to pretend he liked westbrook and he acted like theres no problems between them

couldnt tell him in his face and sort out the issue to win a 'ship

DMC
07-06-2016, 12:29 AM

I see it differently. Russ isn't competitive; he's selfish. Competitive people do what's needed to win. Russ does what's needed for Russ to look like he's carrying the team so Russ wins. His competitiveness is against his own teammate and has always been.

Manu is competitive. He will do anything to win. Russ is selfish. He'd take a 3/4 court shot over giving anyone else the chance at spotlight.

DMC
07-06-2016, 12:30 AM
Also, I told everyone Billy Donovan was a short timer and I still think he is.

spankadelphia
07-06-2016, 01:39 AM
KD leaving absolutely changes the career arc of Donovan as a coach. Player's league and all. He had it made and soon he'll be fishing for lottery balls.

TDMVPDPOY
07-06-2016, 04:02 AM
westbrick chucking in the 4th or beta cuck not daring to shoot? then throws the chucka under the bus?

Tully365
07-06-2016, 04:39 AM
By blaming Westbrook for his decision to become the biggest coward in league history. And for once again trying to stick Westbrook with the blame for all of his playoff failures on his way out the door. At least Russ never threw a playoff series so he could quit on his team.

Where has Durant blamed Westbrook? Is there a story or a link?

07-06-2016, 06:31 AM
OP tbh

Thread
07-06-2016, 08:04 AM

No.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 09:25 AM
"Ultimately he got frustrated and felt that they had plateaued," said a person with insight into Durant's thought process. "[Donovan] came in, and he still had the same issues that he had with Russ under Scotty. The offense didn't change much. He still had to take a ton of contested shots every game; and that's when he had the ball at all."

JoeTait75
07-06-2016, 09:28 AM
There's a lot of you motherfuckers that have clearly never been to Oklahoma City and compared it to northern California. Durant lasted a lot longer in that toilet than most of us would.

There are worse markets in this league than Oklahoma City. It's a better market than Cleveland. As much as I love it here, Cleveland would be the Siberia of the NBA without LeBron.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2016, 03:07 PM
There are worse markets in this league than Oklahoma City. It's a better market than Cleveland. As much as I love it here, Cleveland would be the Siberia of the NBA without LeBron.

I've never been to Cleveland, but I can't imagine that it's a sadder place to live than OKC, especially if you have a lot of money.

K...
07-06-2016, 03:23 PM

Remember, he may act white, but he's still black. Cleveland is poor, but there is as least a history of black culture. Oklahoma is a deep South state. It's a very very odd place to put a team tbqh. We'll see how long it stays. San Antonio is a small market team without great black culture but we've found players that like the laid back multi cultural style. Obviously San Antonio has been turned down by many high profile FA, due to culture specifically,

I think Oklahoma will try to mimic the spurs. You see them now with a mix of euros and late round picks.

resistanze
07-06-2016, 03:24 PM
I've never been to Cleveland, but I can't imagine that it's a sadder place to live than OKC, especially if you have a lot of money.

I don't see why he would stay 9 years in a city he hates; this wasn't his first opportunity to leave. It was for basketball reasons, and he doesn't like pressure.

I don't have a problem with that, except the career 'free pass' that was always handed to Durant in hopes of him becoming the 'anti-LeBron' leader.

K...
07-06-2016, 03:33 PM
The butt hurt is because he's talented enough to be a franchise player but he's never lived up to his talent and had basically surrendered his claim as a franchise player to join the most talented team.

Lma was an all star. He had tried to be alpha franchise, but couldn't make it. He went to a team where he could be a co franchise player rather than being demoted below Lillard.

LeBron is a franchise player. Going to Miami was shameful but he was definitely the Miami franchise player for his stint there.

If Durant raises his level of play and wins he can look good. But if he let's curry and dray take the lead he goes in the category of Kevin love and Chris bosh and lma, talented third options.

There's no " power move" when you are effectively quitting leadership to become the brightest cog. Kg , Malone, and a few others did that late in their careers. To quit in your prime is disgusting.

I

JoeTait75
07-06-2016, 03:46 PM
Remember, he may act white, but he's still black. Cleveland is poor, but there is as least a history of black culture. Oklahoma is a deep South state.

That's an interesting point, I never thought about that.