PDA

View Full Version : Looks like AlphaBrook is gone too....

playbonner15
07-06-2016, 02:46 AM
There are rumours that Westbrook's gonna leave OKC too. So you think RC and Pop can entice him to face his old team mate DurBeta? Will he be willing to become 2nd fiddle to MVParker? Or will he go to the Lakers and become their new star?

Sean Cagney
07-06-2016, 02:50 AM
Bring that motherfucker in! YES SIR! I would take Westbrook.

midnightpulp
07-06-2016, 02:57 AM
We'd have to trade Parker and Green.

OKC has their version of Green in Roberson, so there is no incentive for them here.

They'll probably want youth and picks, and the Lakers are most suited in this regard. They can offer D'Bust, Julian, and their 1st round pick for 2017.

DeRozan m8
07-06-2016, 02:57 AM
Parker, Green, Anderson and whatever picks for Westy.

Get in JR too

Mal
07-06-2016, 03:01 AM
They'll probably want youth and picks, and the Lakers are most suited in this regard. They can offer D'Bust, Julian, and their 1st round pick for 2017.

Someone owns that pick, and it`s not Lakers

Sixers receive the Lakers 2016 first-round pick via Suns. (top 3 in 2016 and 2017, unprotected 2018. ()

midnightpulp
07-06-2016, 03:06 AM
Someone owns that pick, and it`s not Lakers

Sixers receive the Lakers 2016 first-round pick via Suns. (top 3 in 2016 and 2017, unprotected 2018. ()

Top 3 protected, correct?

Good odds the Lakers will be better than a top 3 worse team next season, so OKC might gamble here. But yeah, it could give them 2nd thoughts.

marinoman
07-06-2016, 03:08 AM
Look I want him too, but cmon be realistic. He's probably getting traded to the east, and even if traded in the west almost every team wants him.
im sure rap fans are saying Lowry and this for him, Celtics will say Thomas and these picks for him...too many suitors

99 Problems
07-06-2016, 03:34 AM
Presti not going to risk him walking without getting something. You gotta have a crack. Lets see how much Kawhi improves and who wants to come play with him if he takes over the league.

Kikoluna
07-06-2016, 03:52 AM
Shoot, Aldridge for Westbrook straight up. Throw in Kyle

Emperor
07-06-2016, 04:19 AM
If he has any kind of revenge motivational factor burning inside him and an even more desire to win a title then he knows exactly what team he needs to be on to get there and that's with the Spurs. There are no other real challengers right now in the West unless Clips stay together and they somehow break the curse and if he goes East then no gaurantee he gets past Lebron but if he chooses SA, then it's a automatic collision course with GSW and his chance to say FU to Durant and win a title before him.

DeRozan m8
07-06-2016, 04:44 AM
If he has any kind of revenge motivational factor burning inside him and an even more desire to win a title then he knows exactly what team he needs to be on to get there and that's with the Spurs. There are no other real challengers right now in the West unless Clips stay together and they somehow break the curse and if he goes East then no gaurantee he gets past Lebron but if he chooses SA, then it's a automatic collision course with GSW and his chance to say FU to Durant and win a title before him.

Would love to be a part of this hahah

Westbrook on Pops leash would be god like

r0drig0lac
07-06-2016, 04:52 AM
he should go to the Celtics

Mal
07-06-2016, 04:59 AM
Top 3 protected, correct?

Good odds the Lakers will be better than a top 3 worse team next season, so OKC might gamble here. But yeah, it could give them 2nd thoughts.

Can you trade pick, that is already traded but with protection ?

playbonner15
07-06-2016, 05:35 AM
he should go to the Celtics
This actually makes sense. Youth + defense + WB , they'll be the contender vs CLE

Obstructed_View
07-06-2016, 06:03 AM
DurBeta

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/ae/Dick_Bavetta.jpg

cd98
07-06-2016, 07:09 AM
Be wary of a Wesrbrook trade. Even if they trade him, he's still an unrestricted free agent and he's an LA guy, so he can opt to leave w/out re-signing with the team that trades for him. Plus all the Parker haters will have a new target. If he's not passing to Durant, he's surely not going to pass to Kawhi.

cutewizard
07-06-2016, 07:32 AM
God, this offseason is nuts

raybies
07-06-2016, 07:54 AM
Lakers and Celtics are only teams with the assets. But he's a Laker. I just doubt that pick will come in. And I doubt he would resign with Celtics so it's Lakers or bust. I would want him too on talent alone but he is not a Spur. He doesn't have the character we look for in players or the attitude. I think if we were to get him out would be the beginning of the end. Pop and him would go at it, but hey maybe you can get something back in return. All in all, he's not a match but if you can get him you do. Would have to trade Parker to clear cap. Next year's cap needed for Russell is gonna be like 30$ mill per. Position wise he's a better fit than Durant, but personality wise Durant fit better.

cjw
07-06-2016, 08:27 AM
Just because Randle and Russell were early picks in the draft doesn't make them assets (especially with the cap going up so much). I do think Russell will develop into a nice player, but if moving Westbrook you need to be swinging for the fences. Boston has a lot more to offer. I'd much rather grab Bradley, Crowder and the next two Nets first rounders (one being a pick swap).

Philly should be in the mix here too.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-06-2016, 08:30 AM
Just because Randle and Russell were early picks in the draft doesn't make them assets (especially with the cap going up so much). I do think Russell will develop into a nice player, but if moving Westbrook you need to be swinging for the fences. Boston has a lot more to offer. I'd much rather grab Bradley, Crowder and the next two Nets first rounders (one being a pick swap).

Philly should be in the mix here too.

I don't think Boston would be willing to trade both Nets picks, especially next year's when the draft projects to be great. And the Nets could easily be bottom of the eastern conference next season. I'm sure all teams they talk to about superstars - Cousins, Butler, Westbrook - would ask for both of these picks, but I think Boston is not giving them away.

John B
07-06-2016, 08:46 AM
And Spurs let Booboo and his espresso machine for nothing :bang

sasaint
07-06-2016, 09:11 AM

Spurs will not trade LMA unless he asks for it. But the only deal I'd make is LMA for Butler. Westbrook is an UFA after next season while Butler is still under contract for three more years at a bargain under the rising cap.

SsKSpurs21
07-06-2016, 09:30 AM
great talent but a selfish bonehead. he would be so frustrating to watch.

james evans
07-06-2016, 09:34 AM
:lmao

TXstbobcat
07-06-2016, 09:37 AM
Why would the Lakers offer anything in a trade for Westbrook as he would probably sign with the Lakers as a free agent at the end of next season?

south side spur
07-06-2016, 09:42 AM
I like to consider myself a homer as well but there is no fucking way Westbrook comes to San Antonio. He's going to Los Angeles...Clippers or Lakers. Maybe Miami because of Riley and I mean...it's Miami.

BillMc
07-06-2016, 09:44 AM
Jalen and Jacoby want him in SA:

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=16812786

Spur|n|Austin
07-06-2016, 09:53 AM
Dude's from Long Beach and went to UCLA - he's ending up in LA.

montgod
07-06-2016, 09:54 AM
Any deal involving Westbrook, will have to be agreed upon by him in light of him re-signing long term next year with the team he goes to. So until Presti finds that out, I don't see teams giving up too much w/o assurances that Westbrook re-signs. I personally just don't see Westbrook wanting to be in SA, but more of an LA kind of guy.

montgod
07-06-2016, 09:55 AM
Why would the Lakers offer anything in a trade for Westbrook as he would probably sign with the Lakers as a free agent at the end of next season?

Agreed... I think OKC is already screwed.

Spurs9
07-06-2016, 10:11 AM
Who would they trade and why would he want to even go out there outside 'he was born there'. They are a long way away from contending, do you really think he wants to just be on a mediocre team, especially after his teammate left him and they almost reached the finals? Hes going to want to be on a team that can actually contend against the Warriors. If they did trade him, do you think the Lakers are going to give up Ingram for him? Clippers already have CP3, and I don't see them wanting to trade him or having any scenerio with CP3 and Westbrook on the same team if they wanted to play Westbrook at 2 or something.

BillMc
07-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Who would they trade and why would he want to even go out there outside 'he was born there'. They are a long way away from contending, do you really think he wants to just be on a mediocre team, especially after his teammate left him and they almost reached the finals? Hes going to want to be on a team that can actually contend against the Warriors. If they did trade him, do you think the Lakers are going to give up Ingram for him? Clippers already have CP3, and I don't see them wanting to trade him or having any scenerio with CP3 and Westbrook on the same team if they wanted to play Westbrook at 2 or something.

I agree. If OKC trades Westbrook for Paul + picks, that isn't bad for OKC (as they get the picks) and a good PG but I can't see Paul wanting to stay there either. Presti is smart. He'll try to convince RW to stay, and when he won't, he'll ask for a list of teams he'd re-sign with (as RW will be much more valuable to those teams and therefore yield more in return for OKC). The question is "Is one of those teams the Spurs?"

montgod
07-06-2016, 10:18 AM

The suggestion I heard was Russell/Ingram for Westbrook if he were to go to LA. Again.. just ESPN guys yapping so take it with a grain of salt. If RW wants to win now, he will either push for Kanter to be traded for an upgrade at SF and contend with what they have in OKC or try his best to push for a trade where he makes them a contender (I see him best fitting in with a trade and his game to Boston, Miami, or Raptors.).

BatManu20
07-06-2016, 10:21 AM
More likely scenario imo:

Once the Clippers inevitably fail to win a title again this season, they'll shake up their roster. They trade the aging CP3 and make room for Westbrook, who wants to play for his hometown.

montgod
07-06-2016, 10:23 AM
I agree. If OKC trades Westbrook for Paul + picks, that isn't bad for OKC (as they get the picks) and a good PG but I can't see Paul wanting to stay there either. Presti is smart. He'll try to convince RW to stay, and when he won't, he'll ask for a list of teams he'd re-sign with (as RW will be much more valuable to those teams and therefore yield more in return for OKC). The question is "Is one of those teams the Spurs?"

The other question is what would OKC find acceptable from the Spurs if they didn't include Kawhi or Aldridge? TP is the obvious pick along with whoever... but OKC would definitely be getting less than 50cents on the dollar back. Boston (picks and players), Raptors (Lowry), Mia (Dragic) have better assets to give for RW's services IF he is willing to re-sign.

montgod
07-06-2016, 10:23 AM

Once the Clippers inevitably fail to win a title again this season, they'll shake up their roster. They trade the aging CP3 and make room for Westbrook, who wants to play for his hometown.

They are both free agents after this year. Paul won't leave... Balmer will shake up roster other ways, but Paul isn't going anywhere if he can help it.

RD2191
07-06-2016, 10:26 AM
You clowns are kidding yourselves. The only shot at an "upgrade" at the PG position is Geore Hill in free agency next season.

BillMc
07-06-2016, 10:27 AM
The other question is what would OKC find acceptable from the Spurs if they didn't include Kawhi or Aldridge? TP is the obvious pick along with whoever... but OKC would definitely be getting less than 50cents on the dollar back. Boston (picks and players), Raptors (Lowry), Mia (Dragic) have better assets to give for RW's services IF he is willing to re-sign.

I agree. We'd have to shell out picks and overseas assets. Parker plus possibly two high picks. Danny might have to go too. Our only chance is if Russ has no interest in the teams you mentioned. Of those, we are the most immediate contender, with only Boston really able to argue they're better long term. Russ+Kawhi+LMA+Gasol could contend even with the dubs. It might get ugly in the regular season but Pop would break Russ of his bad habits. His stats would go down, but he'd really reach his potential in efficiency.

Spurs9
07-06-2016, 10:31 AM
Theres 0 chance leonard or aldridge would ever be included in a scenario, they are probably the only untouchable players.

montgod
07-06-2016, 10:40 AM
Theres 0 chance leonard or aldridge would ever be included in a scenario, they are probably the only untouchable players.

I fully agree. That's what my post was meaning to say. Outside of them, would OKC accept anything else... to which I would say no. RW would have to be deadset on SAS as his only required destination for them to take what they can from SA but I don't belive he would require that.

TXstbobcat
07-06-2016, 10:51 AM
The only assets that the Spurs have that the thunder would want in a trade for Russell Westbrook would be either Leonard or Lamarcus and the Spurs would not be willing to trade either of them. I seriously doubt that OKC would trade Westbrook for Parker, green and first-round picks that will be near the end of the first round.

playbonner15
07-06-2016, 11:05 AM
That's right, Spurs dont have anything to offer OKC, unless Presti wants Murray and KA.. They could be a hobo lite Westbrook/Durant. Hell throw in Forbes as Harden-Lite and Boban as Ibaka-esque. It all depends on RC's fluff game :lol

kaji157
07-06-2016, 11:22 AM
If we could somehow get him it would be the splashest of them all.
Most likely it would take Parker and Green at the least.
Parker and Green for Collison, Robertson and WB works. You can alo swap any of the Collison and Robertson for Morrow.

Poolboy5623
07-06-2016, 11:38 AM
These threads are hilarious. Westbrook wants nothing to do with the Spurs and the Spurs want nothing to do with Westbrook. Actually I thought it was Westbrick? Funny how fast that changed-

Poolboy5623
07-06-2016, 11:39 AM
And to all the Parker, Green, Anderson for Westbrook comments... please use a different color font so I know you are joking around. Thank you.

dabom
07-06-2016, 11:40 AM
That's right, Spurs dont have anything to offer OKC, unless Presti wants Murray and KA.. They could be a hobo lite Westbrook/Durant. Hell throw in Forbes as Harden-Lite and Boban as Ibaka-esque. It all depends on RC's fluff game :lol

:lol

HankChinaski
07-06-2016, 11:41 AM
Spurs don't have the assets that the thunder would want where there are far more better teams with much more to offer.

Kawhitstorm
07-06-2016, 01:01 PM
We'd have to trade Parker and Green.

OKC has their version of Green in Roberson, so there is no incentive for them here.

Why in the hell would OKC want Julian when they just drafted Sabonis?:lol

Celtics are the team that can just mortgage off their lotto picks along w/ Isaiah Thomas since they can't keep rebuilding after paying 30 yr old Horford & Isaiah is just not a championship point guard but will get paid a LOT of money when he becomes a free agent. If WestBrick doesn't re-sign they can roll w/ Marcus Smart as their future PG.

Kawhitstorm
07-06-2016, 01:09 PM

Choke-P3 is going to opt-out next summer so they have to trade him before the upcoming trade deadline.

In 2011, Choke-P3 requested a trade to the Knicks to play w/ his boy Carmelo when he was w/ the Hornets. He will most likely refuse to sign an extension even if a team like the Celtics trades for him (not sure they want to give up assets for a 5'11" 32 yr old PG when they have Isaiah/Smart) since D-Rose is a one year rental.

In any case, a beta like Blake is probably best suited to play w/ WestBrick so I could see him signing w/ the Clips if they can re-sign Blake.

buttsR4rebounding
07-06-2016, 01:23 PM
I like to consider myself a homer as well but there is no fucking way Westbrook comes to San Antonio. He's going to Los Angeles...Clippers or Lakers. Maybe Miami because of Riley and I mean...it's Miami.

I would love for him to go to the Clips because CP3 comes here.

EIC
07-06-2016, 09:00 PM
No one is going to give OKC anything of real value for one year of Westbrook. OKC is in a tough spot because everyone knows they have to move him now or lose him to free agency. OKC is not going to get anything near true market value for Westbrook in any kind of trade unless it's to a team where Westbrook will sign a longer-term deal (e.g., Lakers).

bic50
07-06-2016, 09:07 PM
Westbrook isn't coming to the spurs.

HarlemHeat37
07-06-2016, 09:08 PM
Lakers need to trade for him asap IMO..they need all the in-house advantages they can get, prior to next off-season..currently, they can't even get a meeting with a single decent FA:lol

Russell, Randle, filler(Lou Williams?) and maybe a 1st for Westbrook..

Julian Randle is trash, but I doubt they can get better prospects than the Russell+Randle duo for an expiring Russy..

coachmac87
07-06-2016, 09:14 PM
Jalen Rose stated if he was Russell Westbrook he'd go to Spurs immediately. Says it would be multiple team trade to get OKC assests. Said its not about going home it's about beating KD for a championship.

tonight...you
07-06-2016, 09:15 PM
Jalen Rose stated if he was Russell Westbrook he'd go to Spurs immediately. Says it would be multiple team trade to get OKC assests. Said its not about going home it's about beating KD for a championship.
Someone pipe that into Westbrook's skull. Use some of dat CIA tech, or something.

spurtech09
07-06-2016, 09:25 PM
Dude's from Long Beach and went to UCLA - he's ending up in LA.Well there you go....Well at least he is not a ring chaser like Durant is....

spurtech09
07-06-2016, 09:27 PM
Westbrook isn't coming to the spurs.Duh!!!!

Keepin' it real
07-06-2016, 09:28 PM

Someone pipe that into Westbrook's skull. Use some of dat CIA tech, or something.

Westbrook is more concerned about his future fashion career than he is about winning an NBA title.

Exhibit A:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f6/ec/44/f6ec44d56a98ea927d5d4ead5cfcf40a.jpg

tonight...you
07-06-2016, 09:33 PM
Westbrook is more concerned about his future fashion career than he is about winning an NBA title.

Exhibit A:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/f6/ec/44/f6ec44d56a98ea927d5d4ead5cfcf40a.jpg
LOOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!!
Okay. That almost put me to the floor.
I take anything (you choose, I already blacked it all out) I said back. All back.

Holy cripes... ...
LMAO!!!! HAHA hahahahhaaahahahaaha haaa!!!!

Damn! Okay... tearing my eyes away from the gay Count Pimpula from outer space.