PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Barkley "DURANT TRYING TO CHEAT TO WIN A CHAMPIONSHIP"

InRareForm
07-06-2016, 11:18 AM
Per Mike and Mike show

Thread
07-06-2016, 11:21 AM
He let Pippen & Jordan hoodwink him in '93. Now he has to sit there for eternity without one.

JohnnyMax
07-06-2016, 11:54 AM
https://overcast.fm/+JN3pyFw/3:05

LkrFan
07-06-2016, 12:18 PM
He has no room:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ88KM1efucgEKBwYUdRLhtDERc2VxaL 2iw5-P6cA9lkftJBDlm

lefty
07-06-2016, 12:38 PM
He has no room:

https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ88KM1efucgEKBwYUdRLhtDERc2VxaL 2iw5-P6cA9lkftJBDlm
He was traded because he and the Suns didn't see ye to eye

lefty
07-06-2016, 12:39 PM
But yeah, as Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320) said, Barkley fucked up with that retarded steal attempt in game 6

JoeTait75
07-06-2016, 12:40 PM
He was traded because he and the Suns didn't see ye to eye

But he got himself traded out of Philadelphia before that.

lefty
07-06-2016, 12:45 PM
But he got himself traded out of Philadelphia before that.
yeah that too

Didnt get along with Sixers management

Tully365
07-06-2016, 01:26 PM
I like Barkley, but he's the last guy to give advice on careers & championships.

Indazone
07-06-2016, 01:27 PM
It's not as if D. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh didn't do that either.

Thread
07-06-2016, 02:08 PM
But yeah, as Thread (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=19320) said, Barkley fucked up with that retarded steal attempt in game 6

Yep, it was the Cubby who spotted it.

Not one soul to this day (23 years & counting) has cited it. No way. It is verboten.

JamStone
07-06-2016, 02:31 PM
I like Barkley, but he's the last guy to give advice on careers & championships.

What's great is that's a prevailing thought from "fans" of teams that have won championships, as if fans who have nothing to do with their team winning being more entitled to criticize this kind of stuff than actual former NBA players.

Thread
07-06-2016, 02:43 PM
I just heard the cut where Barkley ghosted my assertion that (if you don't ring you're considered a loser, a bum, no account) and that is what is driving these players.

Barkley: "I don't know when that started." Well, of course (we) do. That started when Magic/Lakers couldn't climb up over the Celtics. We got drilled and punished for that. Their prior rings ('80/'82) were discounted and compromised in the light of the '84 calamity. "If you don't beat us/Celtics you're shit, losers, beneath contempt." Media ran interference on behalf of the Celtics in order that we be stopped, suppressed, destroyed before we could accomplish '85, '87. They (Celtics/Media) knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Magic had the key. They tried to wrest it from him in association with Media not so much by going after him, but, by attacking Worthy and Jabbar in print. They knew Jabbar was weak minded, same with Worthy. And that is where they waged their campaign.

It's why & how they came after Daddy in '00 and had Kobe in the on deck circle. Gonna drag them into the streets.

That boiler plate ("if you don't ring you're a bum, a shit, a loser") remains nailed to the wall 30+ years later.

Chillen
07-06-2016, 02:55 PM
I just see it as Durant being a weak leader, he can't bring a team to an NBA title so he has to join a talented 73-9 team with two all-star shooters (Curry, Thompson). Can't beat em, join em. So if the Warriors ring next June, it won't be because Durant lead them there, he would have his own all-star team pretty much.

Now what LeBron just did with the Cavs vs the Warriors, being down 3-1, that's what all-time great players do!

ambchang
07-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Yep, it was the Cubby who spotted it.

Not one soul to this day (23 years & counting) has cited it. No way. It is verboten.
Go to hell old man. That has been cited the day after it happened. You acted like nobody read a newspaper or something.

ambchang
07-06-2016, 05:24 PM
I just heard the cut where Barkley ghosted my assertion that (if you don't ring you're considered a loser, a bum, no account) and that is what is driving these players.

Barkley: "I don't know when that started." Well, of course (we) do. That started when Magic/Lakers couldn't climb up over the Celtics. We got drilled and punished for that. Their prior rings ('80/'82) were discounted and compromised in the light of the '84 calamity. "If you don't beat us/Celtics you're shit, losers, beneath contempt." Media ran interference on behalf of the Celtics in order that we be stopped, suppressed, destroyed before we could accomplish '85, '87. They (Celtics/Media) knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that Magic had the key. They tried to wrest it from him in association with Media not so much by going after him, but, by attacking Worthy and Jabbar in print. They knew Jabbar was weak minded, same with Worthy. And that is where they waged their campaign.

It's why & how they came after Daddy in '00 and had Kobe in the on deck circle. Gonna drag them into the streets.

That boiler plate ("if you don't ring you're a bum, a shit, a loser") remains nailed to the wall 30+ years later.

That's why the league suspended half of the rockets and Roy tarpley and the media said nothing about it.

You are full of shit and making shit up as you go.

DPG21920
07-06-2016, 05:33 PM
It's not as if D. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh didn't do that either.

I see nothing wrong with what KD did at all, but I think the difference was that those guys joined up and all left their teams for the Unknown.

KD left for a team that was already constructed, coming off back to back nba finals that just broke the NBA record for regular season wins.

Sure, everyone "knew" that MIA was a super team, but not one of them went to a place where it was already so entrenched in winning.

Koolaid_Man
07-06-2016, 05:53 PM
He has no room:

:lmao Chuck is a career loser....he has no room...