PDA

View Full Version : Rockets: Nene to the Rockets. Splash! lol

Indazone
07-06-2016, 01:26 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2644566-nene-hilario-to-rockets-latest-contract-details-comments-and-reaction

Nene Hilario to Rockets: Latest Contract Details, Comments and Reaction

Killakobe81
07-06-2016, 01:48 PM
I didnt think he had the balls.

offset formation
07-06-2016, 02:05 PM
Good pick up.

07-06-2016, 02:07 PM
:lol

Thread
07-06-2016, 02:09 PM
He's never answered a bell. Ever.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2016, 02:13 PM
Good pick up.

This. Nice deal and backup for Capela.

SpursforSix
07-06-2016, 02:20 PM
I didn't know he was still playing.

JamStone
07-06-2016, 02:37 PM
At that price, not even much of a gamble. If he gives them anything at all, pretty much a huge win at great value. If he gives nothing, the cost is nothing.

Indazone
07-06-2016, 02:41 PM
Will be interesting to see what this team does next year. Should be fun to watch at the very least.

StrengthAndHonor
07-06-2016, 03:00 PM
I think the Rockets along with the Lakers are the biggest off season losers in this years free agency. They were once considered a favorite spot for Kevin Durant and Whiteside, instead they settled for Eric "I play 30 games a year" Gordon and Ryan "My GF is gone =( " Anderson and now they have the walking Zika virus playing center.

Tully365
07-06-2016, 03:05 PM
Rockets have quickly become a non-factor in he West...

Raven
07-06-2016, 03:10 PM
I think the Rockets along with the Lakers are the biggest off season losers in this years free agency. They were once considered a favorite spot for Kevin Durant and Whiteside, instead they settled for Eric "I play 30 games a year" Gordon and Ryan "My GF is gone =( " Anderson and now they have the walking Zika virus playing center.

pretty sure that when you hire 'antoni you're bound to lose anyway.They made a great market for fantasy purposes.

Killakobe81
07-06-2016, 03:11 PM

I dont disagree that we should be considered losers ...
But I think part of the reason is unrealistic expectations of the fans/media.
The Lakers are in full rebuild yet people really thought we had a chance at Durant when freaking even Whiteside wouldnt meet with us.
That one surprised me but in the end I think we will benefit from "losing" this FA even if we overpaid Mozgodf and Deng.
Clarkson was a fair deal as was Black.

Also Russ wont come either.
Lakers will not matter to FA's until AFTER Druss and Ingram develop in to something.
People need to chillax. Lakers will be back but it wont be quick or easy ...
And though I dont blame Jim buss and give Mitch a pass like most of LG ...Jim may need to go and Jeannie too before we do.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2016, 03:17 PM
Whiteside is a headcase never wanted him. Durant, sure they lost out on him, but he proved he didn't want any pressure and couldn't handle any criticism anyway. You know what fucked the Rockets? The salary cap spiking to where teams could give their players that 5th year, and insane salaries. Please, they aren't close to the biggest losers. That title should go to Memphis. Houston hasn't given out any dumb contracts.

Killakobe81
07-06-2016, 03:32 PM
Whiteside is a headcase never wanted him. Durant, sure they lost out on him, but he proved he didn't want any pressure and couldn't handle any criticism anyway. You know what fucked the Rockets? The salary cap spiking to where teams could give their players that 5th year, and insane salaries. Please, they aren't close to the biggest losers. That title should go to Memphis. Houston hasn't given out any dumb contracts.

I agree on Memphis.
We also sucked ...but they paid out two max contracts to two guys who havent made and an all-star game or ALL NBA
I am also glad we did not get whiteside ...
OF course I wanted Durant but knew it was unrealistic.

And although I like S&H overpaying austin and Crawford isnt exactly "winning" FA tbh ...

djohn2oo8
07-06-2016, 03:34 PM
I agree on Memphis.
We also sucked ...but they paid out two max contracts to two guys who havent made and an all-star game or ALL NBA
I am also glad we did not get whiteside ...
OF course I wanted Durant but knew it was unrealistic.

And although I like S&H overpaying austin and Crawford isnt exactly "winning" FA tbh ...

This. Doc should have made a major trade by now. That core needs to break up or risk someone leaving for nothing in free agency.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 03:55 PM

Other than the Lakers desperately overpaying for Mozgov and Deng and drafting more busts, nothing is as bad as three more years of Jamal Crawful.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 03:57 PM
This. Doc should have made a major trade by now. That core needs to break up or risk someone leaving for nothing in free agency.

I don't even want to imagine Doc making a major trade. He'd probably trade Blake for elderly role players or something.

No, what should have happened is Doc getting fired and a new competent GM making a major trade. But that won't happen as long as Ballmer continues to have a homosexual mancrush on Doc Rivers.

Benoit
07-06-2016, 04:00 PM
LOL these teams all fighting for 2nd place

Thread
07-06-2016, 04:17 PM
Other than the Lakers desperately overpaying for Mozgov and Deng and drafting more busts, nothing is as bad as three more years of Jamal Crawful.

And if he hit a Final's winner you'd be in love with him. "Oh, Jamal, I love you." "Oh, Jamal, kiss my mouth."

Yer a little prick.

Thread
07-06-2016, 04:18 PM

Getting him to sign in there will the easiest part of this thru June.

Indazone
07-06-2016, 04:33 PM

Sad, but true

Indazone
07-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Jeff Van Gundy, "This will be the easiest march to a championship".

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 04:40 PM
And if he hit a Final's winner you'd be in love with him. "Oh, Jamal, I love you." "Oh, Jamal, kiss my mouth."

Yer a little prick.
Jamal would have to be a completely different player to hit a Finals game-winner, Dale. He's a loser. He doesn't have (it). He's never answered the bell. Ever.

DPG21920
07-06-2016, 05:12 PM
Man, the Rockets are going to be annoying as hell to guard. They have shooters everywhere. Especially if Harden really embraces moving the ball and can cut down on TO's some they are going to put up some points.

The Gemini Method
07-06-2016, 05:15 PM
A smarter pick-up then a majority of deals handed out.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2016, 05:25 PM
Rox were, don't know if they still are, looking into deals for Okafor or Noel. Looking at Barbosa. Hopefully a trade is coming because they are almost at the player limit.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2016, 05:29 PM
I also think they are looking at Love.

Thread
07-06-2016, 05:36 PM
Jamal would have to be a completely different player to hit a Finals game-winner, Dale. He's a loser. He doesn't have (it). He's never answered the bell. Ever.

I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2016, 06:03 PM
Man, the Rockets are going to be annoying as hell to guard. They have shooters everywhere. Especially if Harden really embraces moving the ball and can cut down on TO's some they are going to put up some points.
They need to somehow get Kyle Korver on the team. Would be perfect for the system.

StrengthAndHonor
07-06-2016, 06:21 PM
Yes, I was shocked. Especially for 3 years, he's turning 37 this year IIRC. And we also brought Austin Rivers back haha.

ambchang
07-06-2016, 08:28 PM
I'm a trend setter.

I set trends.

Are you also trying to set the trend at being a chickenshit? Keep hiding from me you chickenshit.

07-06-2016, 09:31 PM
Yes, I was shocked. Especially for 3 years, he's turning 37 this year IIRC. And we also brought Austin Rivers back haha.
Wow, that's terrible.

:lol Doc Rivers the GM

Caltex2
07-06-2016, 10:57 PM
I can't believe they brought back Colorado Pedernales (get it? the Austin Rivers?).

poeticism707
07-06-2016, 11:49 PM

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Indazone
07-07-2016, 12:09 AM
i would be fine if they got Barbosa or Scola with that last bit of cap space.