PDA

View Full Version : Warriors: Durbeta, the ultimate mental midget

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 02:02 PM

Imagine how this insecure faggot would react if he faced even a fraction of the hate that LeBron receives every day. The media is so far up Durbeta's ass, they're actually making excuses and praising him for signing with Golden State. And it's still not enough for this bitch.

:lmao Letting Skip fucking Bayless get under your skin as a pro athlete
:lmao "Media pls, ask me about Skip so I'll have an excuse to cry about him" :cry
:lmao Reading randos' tweets after every game and fuming over them
:lmao Dominos

Thread
07-06-2016, 02:03 PM
And if he'd a signed for your Clippers, or, your Spurs you'd be head-over-heels in love with him.

AlexJones
07-06-2016, 02:15 PM
Royce Young cuck

JamStone
07-06-2016, 02:43 PM
In a way, it shows he's not. If he reads tweets and pays attention to the media, he knows the type of criticism he's getting for going to Golden State. He knows it, said fuck what they think, chose Golden State anyway.

If he does pay attention to the media and twitter, and did it anyway, it was a boss move tbh.

Fabbs
07-06-2016, 02:47 PM
^^ if true we will see how bandwagon boi responds to Golden State being eliminated.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 02:47 PM
In a way, it shows he's not. If he reads tweets and pays attention to the media, he knows the type of criticism he's getting for going to Golden State. He knows it, said fuck what they think, chose Golden State anyway.

If he does pay attention to the media and twitter, and did it anyway, it was a boss move tbh.
Whether or not he knew what was coming, it wasn't a "boss move." He's scared of being the villain, and the Warriors thought he'd ultimately chicken out of the PR hit and go back to OKC.

JamStone
07-06-2016, 02:51 PM
It's right there in what you posted.

Didn't want to be a villain. Didn't want to take the PR hit. But ultimately said fuck it and did it anyway. Facing your fears head on even when you're not sure if you can do it, actually scared to do it, knowing there are risks and negative consequences, but doing it anyway. Boss move.

AaronY
07-06-2016, 02:56 PM
Once he wins a few titles his image will be fine just like LeBron's was after the Heat repeated..especially if he's the Finals MVP during one of the titles

JamStone
07-06-2016, 02:57 PM
Bitch move would be wanting to go to Golden State but staying in OKC because he didn't want people to think and say bad things about him. Staying because of what other people think instead of doing what he wants. That would have been more beta imo.

Tully365
07-06-2016, 02:59 PM
Boss move-- got you all riled up!

It's funny how you guys keep bringing up-- very emotionally-- all of these emotional terms like beta, alpha, pussy, bitch, cuck, faggot... you're the ones being overly emotional and exaggeratedly dramatic about the situation. Durant looked at two teams, saw one that had much better ball movement, better fundamentals, less drama, better contract situations, and a better chance to win... he spoke with level headed intelligent guys like Steve Kerr and Jerry West, and made the decision to join them. Looks like a pure common sense no drama move to me.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 03:00 PM
It's right there in what you posted.

Didn't want to be a villain. Didn't want to take the PR hit. But ultimately said fuck it and did it anyway. Facing your fears head on even when you're not sure if you can do it, actually scared to do it, knowing there are risks and negative consequences, but doing it anyway. Boss move.

Delusional move. He wants to have his cake and eat it too: make the most cowardly uncompetitive move in sports history and then not be seen as the bitch he is. He doesn't even have the balls to embrace the villain role. Notice how he's gone into hiding since making his decision.

And :lol at the idea of Durbeta "facing his fears head-on," like it's at all tough or scary to go sign with a 73-win team and be a role player.

JamStone
07-06-2016, 03:03 PM
Going to a team with a great chance to win doesn't mean his image concerns aren't legit. The fears aren't basketball related. The fears are image related. He's a guy concerned with that obviously. The choice is still facing "those" fears. Criticize all you want. It would have been way easier for him to just stay in OKC, at all levels.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 03:06 PM
Boss move-- got you all riled up!

It's funny how you guys keep bringing up-- very emotionally-- all of these emotional terms like beta, alpha, pussy, bitch, cuck, faggot... you're the ones being overly emotional and exaggeratedly dramatic about the situation. Durant looked at two teams, saw one that had much better ball movement, better fundamentals, less drama, better contract situations, and a better chance to win... he spoke with level headed intelligent guys like Steve Kerr and Jerry West, and made the decision to join them. Looks like a pure common sense no drama move to me.

Better ball movement and fundamentals? Less drama? Do you even watch the Warriors? They chuck up terrible shots, play heroball, try to force flashy behind-the-back passes in clutch moments, etc. It works great in the regular season because of the Splash Sisters' shooting ability, but it doesn't work against playoff defenses. And they're always creating drama, whether it's their trash talk off the court or their temper tantrums on it.

If Durbeta didn't like OKC's style of play, he had a funny way of showing it. Early last season, he defended their iso-heavy system:

People always loved to give Westbrook a hard time for isolating so much, but forgot that Durbeta was always taking turns iso-ing with Russ. So KD was always 50% to blame for the style he supposedly hates. Seems to me that the "style of play" talking point is just another excuse to blame Westbrook for him leaving.

By the way, where was all this cool-headed perspective when LeBron changed teams in 2010? Seems to me that the real emotional responses are coming from people who, for whatever reason, are emotionally attached to the idea of LeBron as the villain and Durbeta as the good guy, and don't want to let it go. So you guys make excuse after excuse for Durant and lash out at anyone who rightfully calls him out for being a coward.

Tully365
07-06-2016, 03:20 PM
By the way, where was all this cool-headed perspective when LeBron changed teams in 2010? Seems to me that the real emotional responses are coming from people who, for whatever reason, are emotionally attached to the idea of LeBron as the villain and Durbeta as the good guy, and don't want to let it go. So you guys make excuse after excuse for Durant and lash out at anyone who rightfully calls him out for being a coward.

I supported LeBron's move to Miami 100%... Cleveland had 7 years to put a team around him and failed while Boston, L.A., and the Spurs had multiple stars on their teams... Once again, I thought it was a smart move by LeBron. Also, he was willing to take a small paycut to play with guys he respected as basketball players and friends... that was really cool. Too many guys get hung up with trivial matters in their contracts, and LeBron saw in the long run a few million either way wasn't going to affect his life, but could be the difference between winning and not winning.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 03:22 PM
I supported LeBron's move to Miami 100%... Cleveland had 7 years to put a team around him and failed while Boston, L.A., and the Spurs had multiple stars on their teams... Once again, I thought it was a smart move by LeBron. Also, he was willing to take a small paycut to play with guys he respected as basketball players and friends... that was really cool. Too many guys get hung up with trivial matters in their contracts, and LeBron saw in the long run a few million either way wasn't going to affect his life, but could be the difference between winning and not winning.
Well, at least you're consistent. Most of the excuses for Durant have been coming from fans and reporters who eviscerated LeBron six years ago for making a smart move (not a cowardly move like KD).

JamStone
07-06-2016, 03:24 PM
IIRC much of the criticism of LeBron in 2010 was focused on how he made the decision. Attention whoring on ESPN, "doing it for the kids," and "taking his talents to South Beach." Durant didn't call attention to himself and his decision in the same diva way. Didn't ask for a TV special. Didn't drag out the process. Didn't make a spectacle out of his free agency. Just went through it quickly and made a decision. And I doubt there will be a concert for his introduction on a rising stage platform where he promises not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4... titles to Golden State fans. If there is, he should get major criticism. But if not there's less "dramatics" to criticize.

And if anything, LeBron's championships in Miami and subsequent triumphant return to Cleveland and how he rebuilt his reputation allows for the possibility for Durant to rebuild his reputation.

resistanze
07-06-2016, 03:33 PM
IIRC much of the criticism of LeBron in 2010 was focused on how he made the decision. Attention whoring on ESPN, "doing it for the kids," and "taking his talents to South Beach." Durant didn't call attention to himself and his decision in the same diva way. Didn't ask for a TV special. Didn't drag out the process. Didn't make a spectacle out of his free agency. Just went through it quickly and made a decision. And I doubt there will be a concert for his introduction on a rising stage platform where he promises not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4... titles to Golden State fans. If there is, he should get major criticism. But if not there's less "dramatics" to criticize.

And if anything, LeBron's championships in Miami and subsequent triumphant return to Cleveland and how he rebuilt his reputation allows for the possibility for Durant to rebuild his reputation.

Not sure if I agree. I don't think LeBron was being booed at every stadium, being called LeRobin (even though he was the undisputed best player in the NBA and back-2-back MVP) only because his move to Miami was theatrical. There were actually basketball reasons being given to why LeBron's move was legacy crushing, with countless articles actually trying to sell he's going to 'Wade's team' and wanted the 'easy way out'. Well, these arguments make much more sense for what Durant just did than LeBron, unless we expect Durant to lead the Warriors in nearly every major statistically category while winning consecutive MVPs (like LeBron did). Even so, Durant is going to a team where he's not needed for success, based on the fact they're 140-24 in the last 2 years and a choke job away from back-2-back titles.

Besides Screamin' A, who people think is hating right now, Durant will escape with the layer of Teflon that's seemingly protected him his entire career.

Ball Buster
07-06-2016, 03:38 PM

Great post. The LeBron sycophants won't get it

djohn2oo8
07-06-2016, 03:40 PM
Not sure if I agree. I don't think LeBron was being booed at every stadium, being called LeRobin (even though he was the undisputed best player in the NBA and back-2-back MVP) only because his move to Miami was theatrical. There were actually basketball reasons being given to why LeBron's move was legacy crushing, with countless articles actually trying to sell he's going to 'Wade's team' and wanted the 'easy way out'. Well, these arguments make much more sense for what Durant just did than LeBron, unless we expect Durant to lead the Warriors in nearly every major statistically category while winning consecutive MVPs (like LeBron did). Even so, Durant is going to a team where he's not needed for success, based on the fact they're 140-24 in the last 2 years and a choke job away from back-2-back titles.

Besides Screamin' A, who people think is hating right now, Durant will escape with the layer of Teflon that's seemingly protected him his entire career.

This. Durant absolutely could not stand having criticism of not having a ring. He wanted a ring even if it meant not having that expectation to deliver one as THE GUY.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 03:44 PM

Also, LeBron was hated long before The Decision and is still hated long after he returned to Cleveland. It was all because of Jordan and Kobe stans feeling threatened by a high-school prodigy coming into the league with the possibility of making their favorite players irrelevant. The Decision was just another in a long line of excuses made to hate LeBron. Nobody complained when Riley talked about championship parades down Biscayne Boulevard in his introductory press conference - and he had just quit the Knicks via fax! Nobody complained when Shaq guaranteed a championship at his introductory rally in Miami in 2004. But suddenly LeBron was the worst human being ever for doing the same thing Riley and Shaq did.

Durbeta has never had to put up with that kind of criticism. This week, one of sportswriters' favorite hot takes has been pointing to the "only rings matter" culture to explain why Durant left OKC. But when did he ever face any pressure to win a ring? The same media that is self-flagellating for "making Durbeta leave" has always preferred to nitpick the guy with three rings than to criticize the so-called second best player for having zero. Again, it's just another deflection from Durbeta being a pussy who wants the easy road.

Killakobe81
07-06-2016, 03:50 PM
Also, LeBron was hated long before The Decision and is still hated long after he returned to Cleveland. It was all because of Jordan and Kobe stans feeling threatened by a high-school prodigy coming into the league with the possibility of making their favorite players irrelevant. The Decision was just another in a long line of excuses made to hate LeBron. Nobody complained when Riley talked about championship parades down Biscayne Boulevard in his introductory press conference - and he had just quit the Knicks via fax! Nobody complained when Shaq guaranteed a championship at his introductory rally in Miami in 2004. But suddenly LeBron was the worst human being ever for doing the same thing Riley and Shaq did.

Durbeta has never had to put up with that kind of criticism. This week, one of sportswriters' favorite hot takes has been pointing to the "only rings matter" culture to explain why Durant left OKC. But when did he ever face any pressure to win a ring? The same media that is self-flagellating for "making Durbeta leave" has always preferred to nitpick the guy with three rings than to criticize the so-called second best player for having zero. Again, it's just another deflection from Durbeta being a pussy who wants the easy road.

With Jordan it's the media like Skip, comparing him to jordan ...
With Kobe it's the fans that grew up with him as the best or at least marquee player.
Some of them actually get mad when I say I would take Magic over Kobe and they sure as hell despise LeBron.

Chris
07-06-2016, 03:50 PM
And if he'd a signed for your Clippers, or, your Spurs you'd be head-over-heels in love with him.

Didnt even give Fredo a whiff

07-06-2016, 04:00 PM

stanze

Tully365
07-06-2016, 04:02 PM
Not sure if I agree. I don't think LeBron was being booed at every stadium, being called LeRobin (even though he was the undisputed best player in the NBA and back-2-back MVP) only because his move to Miami was theatrical. There were actually basketball reasons being given to why LeBron's move was legacy crushing, with countless articles actually trying to sell he's going to 'Wade's team' and wanted the 'easy way out'.

I just think there will always be people ready to start name calling in any situation. I remember laughing when people said Wade was better than LeBron, that LeBron was a fool for sacrificing money, that Lebron was chicken for teaming up with other stars... none of the criticism made sense to me. The Celtics had KG, Pierce, Ray Allen, and role players like Rondo, Posey, Tony Allen, and Leon Powe-- that teamed was stacked but LeBron still forced them to a game 7 with 4 other starters who would not have started on most playoff teams. LeBron also saw the Lakers with Kobe, Pau, Odom, Bynum, & Fisher.... Sure, the drama of The Decision was a mistake, but if you take all the emotion/allegiance/macho stuff out of the equation, he simply made the smartest basketball move he could possibly make.

07-06-2016, 04:02 PM
and :lmao at this being a "boss move". A real "boss" wouldn't give a fuck about his "image" or what other people say about him in the first place. dude is as beta as they come :lol

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 04:05 PM
and :lmao at this being a "boss move". A real "boss" wouldn't give a fuck about his "image" or what other people say about him in the first place. dude is as beta as they come :lol
Exactly. "Bosses" don't let total losers like Skip Bayless hurt their fee-fees. "Bosses" don't scour Twitter after every game to make sure nobody's saying anything bad about them. "Bosses" don't join a team that tells them straight up that they don't need them to win championships, instead of taking it as a challenge to prove them wrong.

Tully365
07-06-2016, 04:05 PM

Oh Shit! Lookit you & me agreeing on something!:lol

:toast

Thread
07-06-2016, 04:11 PM
Didnt even give Fredo a whiff

It would be a waste of time for both parties. He ain't going to come to the Lakers in the shit shape we're in.

That you'd stoop to mention it is a disappointment.

LkrFan
07-06-2016, 04:12 PM

^ this and he knows it. SMDH

LkrFan
07-06-2016, 04:14 PM

Imagine how this insecure faggot would react if he faced even a fraction of the hate that LeBron receives every day. The media is so far up Durbeta's ass, they're actually making excuses and praising him for signing with Golden State. And it's still not enough for this bitch.

:lmao Letting Skip fucking Bayless get under your skin as a pro athlete
:lmao "Media pls, ask me about Skip so I'll have an excuse to cry about him" :cry
:lmao Reading randos' tweets after every game and fuming over them
:lmao Dominos

Is LeHype the favorite to rang next year? Dead serious question. Not trolling.

JamStone
07-06-2016, 04:19 PM
I don't argue that Durant is a beta, a follower. The decision however is a boss move the way I suggested if he's concerned with his image, because he's doing what the fuck he wants to do even though he'll get criticized. The decision in and of itself defies being a beta because of that. Had he stayed in OKC to be Westbrook's footstool and reports came out later that he wanted to go to Golden State but didn't because he didn't want the hit on his image, the same lot of you criticizing him going to Golden State would say the same exact thing about staying being an ultimate beta move. It's a no lose situation for anyone wanting to bash the guy. At least in this instance, he's doing what the fuck he wants to do no matter what anyone else says or criticizes about him and his decision. To me, that's boss.

And if being concerned about your image is not boss, then LeBron is not a boss either. He of the "oh this college kid dunked on me at a basketball camp, make Nike delete all the video evidence," and "hope this headband is big enough to hide my receding hairline" and "I will make my announcement with charity proceeds going to the kids so they think I'm a good guy" resume. Most professional athletes are concerned about their image. It doesn't preclude them from being bosses or making boss moves.

JamStone
07-06-2016, 04:23 PM

Didn't say there was no criticism of LeBron's decision from a basketball point of view. I only said "much" of the focus was due to HOW he did it. That's what people criticized even more. We remember "the decision," "doing it for the kids," "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4..." That part of the decision is what really had people hating on LeBron. They hated the idea of manufacturing a superfriends team as well. But LeBron's hubris and ego made it 100 times worse imo.

And like I said, LeBron winning multiple titles and FMVPs and then this year doing it with less in Cleveland has pretty much erased all of that negative perception from back then.

Killakobe81
07-06-2016, 04:26 PM
I don't argue that Durant is a beta, a follower. The decision however is a boss move the way I suggested if he's concerned with his image, because he's doing what the fuck he wants to do even though he'll get criticized. The decision in and of itself defies being a beta because of that. Had he stayed in OKC to be Westbrook's footstool and reports came out later that he wanted to go to Golden State but didn't because he didn't want the hit on his image, the same lot of you criticizing him going to Golden State would say the same exact thing about staying being an ultimate beta move. It's a no lose situation for anyone wanting to bash the guy. At least in this instance, he's doing what the fuck he wants to do no matter what anyone else says or criticizes about him and his decision. To me, that's boss.

And if being concerned about your image is not boss, then LeBron is not a boss either. He of the "oh this college kid dunked on me at a basketball camp, make Nike delete all the video evidence," and "hope this headband is big enough to hide my receding hairline" and "I will make my announcement with charity proceeds going to the kids so they think I'm a good guy" resume. Most professional athletes are concerned about their image. It doesn't preclude them from being bosses or making boss moves.

This. LeBron got criticized and righty so though he was "free" to play wherever he liked.
He also read what was aid about him ... as you could tell by his "Kermit" twitter response after he brought the chip to Cleveland.
Jordan was known to freeze out the few reporters brazen enough to question his gambling etc.
And Kobe threw a tantrum in the locker room threatening to fight whomever had something negative to a reporter through a "source" on the team.

All them dudes are sensitive but doesnt make them "beta".

djohn2oo8
07-06-2016, 04:29 PM
This. LeBron got criticized and righty so though he was "free" to play wherever he liked.
He also read what was aid about him ... as you could tell by his "Kermit" twitter response after he brought the chip to Cleveland.
Jordan was known to freeze out the few reporters brazen enough to question his gambling etc.
And Kobe threw a tantrum in the locker room threatening to fight whomever had something negative to a reporter through a "source" on the team.

All them dudes are sensitive but doesnt make them "beta".

Durant doesn't want to be THE GUY because of what people say about him if he doesn't ring. That is beta.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 04:33 PM

The difference is that LeBron eventually grew up. He stopped paying attention to the bullshit. He stopped trying to engage with the haters. Hell, he logs off Twitter and turns off the media during the playoffs every year to avoid getting bogged down in their narratives.

Durbeta is a 27-year-old man with a 13-year-old girl's social-media-driven, image-obsessed mentality. The only other player that comes to mind who has been so insecure about the media is Kobe, and that piece of shit is one of the last players anyone should want to be compared to.

Seriously, this clown is a multi-millionaire professional athlete who's consumed by what average Joes are saying about him on Twitter. And you're calling him a "boss"? Come on, son. :lol

Fabbs
07-06-2016, 04:36 PM
Clipper Nation

Killakobe81
07-06-2016, 05:01 PM
The difference is that LeBron eventually grew up. He stopped paying attention to the bullshit. He stopped trying to engage with the haters. Hell, he logs off Twitter and turns off the media during the playoffs every year to avoid getting bogged down in their narratives.

Durbeta is a 27-year-old man with a 13-year-old girl's social-media-driven, image-obsessed mentality. The only other player that comes to mind who has been so insecure about the media is Kobe, and that piece of shit is one of the last players anyone should want to be compared to.

Seriously, this clown is a multi-millionaire professional athlete who's consumed by what average Joes are saying about him on Twitter. And you're calling him a "boss"? Come on, son. :lol

I wont lie I love the fact LeBron does shut it "down" and watched the Godfather ...
But his flunkies still makes sure he knows what was said because his twitter response was a direct reply to his detractors.
I donthink it's a negative for Lebron or durant to use that for fuel for their "fire".
Jordan told you he did the same shit in his HOF speech he got criticized (even by me) for ...

And I am sorry CN, despite being the greater player or more unselfish on the court ... James has lot more Kobe in him then you would care to admit ...

Killakobe81
07-06-2016, 05:05 PM
Durant doesn't want to be THE GUY because of what people say about him if he doesn't ring. That is beta.

Then what drove Lebron to Miami?
He went back there anyway.
It wasnt the city.
He proved he could bring in and keep Major FA (Love re-signed) and Kyrie did before James returned IIRC
He wanted to ring so he left ...
then when they improved he came back ...

That is not BETA that is boss.
Durant could follow the same path if he chooses.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 05:10 PM
I wont lie I love the fact LeBron does shut it "down" and watched the Godfather ...
But his flunkies still makes sure he knows what was said because his twitter response was a direct reply to his detractors.
I donthink it's a negative for Lebron or durant to use that for fuel for their "fire".
Jordan told you he did the same shit in his HOF speech he got criticized (even by me) for ...

And I am sorry CN, despite being the greater player or more unselfish on the court ... James has lot more Kobe in him then you would care to admit ...
LeBron probably still hears some of what his detractors say. It's unavoidable. But he's not obsessing over what people say and trying to write his own legacy in real time like Durant and Kobe. He just focuses on playing basketball.

LeBron has no Kobe in him at all. He's a superstar, not a role player. He's a class act off the court, not a rapist. He's a great teammate, not a cancer. He's unselfish and makes smart basketball plays, he's not a chucker or a black hole. He takes the blame, he doesn't deflect it to his teammates. He plays through an insane amount of contact without whistles, he doesn't rely on refs and rigged calls. If LeBron had any Kobe in him, he'd be bagging groceries for a living or riding the bench. Instead, he's the greatest to ever play the game of basketball.

djohn2oo8
07-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Then what drove Lebron to Miami?
He went back there anyway.
It wasnt the city.
He proved he could bring in and keep Major FA (Love re-signed) and Kyrie did before James returned IIRC
He wanted to ring so he left ...
then when they improved he came back ...

That is not BETA that is boss.
Durant could follow the same path if he chooses.

LeBron was still the guy when he went to Miami. Bosh had to sacrifice and so did Wade. He wanted to win because he had lost repeatedly to Boston with no help from Cleveland. Durant had stacked teams his whole career and left because he didn't want the pressure. Wanting to win, and not wanting pressure are two different things.

The Gemini Method
07-06-2016, 05:13 PM
Who rides that dick harder? LeBron's Life or his Korean concubine? You defend your boo thang.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 05:22 PM
Who rides that dick harder? LeBron's Life or his Korean concubine? You defend your boo thang.

^ Another Los Angeles Warriors "fan." ^

K...
07-06-2016, 05:31 PM
LeBron had the tools to be better than Jordan and earn consensus number one all time. But based on his to failure to add post moves, based on quitting games, based on his attitude he's going 3-5. That's his eternal punishment.

Durant is a franchise player....potentially top 60 all time. He may win three chips,, but if he doesn't act like a true leader,, and with the warriors already having clear aplhas, his rings will role player value. No body says Horry is a better player over Malone or Ewing based on rings. That'll be Kevin's eternal curse.

If Kevin parlays a warriors stint into his evolution into a dependable franchise player then he can get rehabilitated. But he's got do it.

Otherwise this will go down as a case of a guy who refused to be a franchise player.

No nba player has done this ever. LeBron left to leave the heat. Bosh wasn't a franchise player. Players move to enhance their careers, no one goes to play third star when they could be a team leader. He's the anti harden. He's too good for whatever role the warriors use him in.

Chris
07-06-2016, 05:54 PM
It would be a waste of time for both parties. He ain't going to come to the Lakers in the shit shape we're in.

That you'd stoop to mention it is a disappointment.

It's on the table, and fair game. You don't have to love it; you just have to live with it.

Thread
07-06-2016, 06:04 PM
It's on the table, and fair game. You don't have to love it; you just have to live with it.

I thought it beneath you/your ilk.

I was mistaken.

Thebesteva
07-06-2016, 06:05 PM
Once he wins a few titles his image will be fine just like LeBron's was after the Heat repeated..especially if he's the Finals MVP during one of the titles

Pretty much this...if he wins everyone will be sucking him off in a year...if he loses everyone will be trolling him.

Chris
07-06-2016, 06:26 PM
I thought it beneath you/your ilk.

I was mistaken.

:rolleyes

You think the Lakers can make the playoffs next season Cubster? I got them sneaking into the 8th seed and the Rockets with squadoosh.

Bynumite
07-06-2016, 06:39 PM
OP's taking it pretty badly. I know your owner begged and cried for this so called beta to join him but at some point you gotta move on.

StrengthAndHonor
07-06-2016, 06:43 PM
OP's taking it pretty badly. I know your owner begged and cried for this so called beta to join him but at some point you gotta move on.
Come on man, you guys couldn't even get a meeting lol... And

Bynumite
07-06-2016, 06:45 PM
Come on man, you guys couldn't even get a meeting lol... And

We don't need one. We got Durant 2.0 minus the beta mindset :hat

Thread
07-06-2016, 07:04 PM
:rolleyes

You think the Lakers can make the playoffs next season Cubster? I got them sneaking into the 8th seed and the Rockets with squadoosh.

No. We ain't hit bottom yet.

Splits
07-06-2016, 07:09 PM
No. We ain't hit bottom yet.

- 17 wins
- missing the playoffs 4/10 while franchise missed 4 in previous 55 years
- your hero retiring in disgrace

...Isn't bottom?

Holy hell. What's next, massive earthquake decimating your adopted city and the team moving back home to land of lakes?

resistanze
07-06-2016, 07:11 PM
Didn't say there was no criticism of LeBron's decision from a basketball point of view. I only said "much" of the focus was due to HOW he did it. That's what people criticized even more. We remember "the decision," "doing it for the kids," "not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4..." That part of the decision is what really had people hating on LeBron. They hated the idea of manufacturing a superfriends team as well. But LeBron's hubris and ego made it 100 times worse imo.

And like I said, LeBron winning multiple titles and FMVPs and then this year doing it with less in Cleveland has pretty much erased all of that negative perception from back then.

Oh I'm not denying how LeBron left was *a* focus of the vitriol against him, I just don't believe it was *the* focus, as opposed to 'legacy tarnishing' and 'easy way out' narratives that were pushed at the time. Here's one example of some things said in 2010:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/index.ssf/2010/07/as_lebron_james_leaves_clevela.html

And I guess we'll see about Durant - I see his legacy peaking in the Dwyane Wade tier of player. It wasn't just that LeBron won titles, he completely blew away the fake narrative of him being the second fiddle and beta in Miami (back to back MVPs/FMVPs, lead them in PTS/ASTS/REBS/STLSin basically every playoff run) even before going back to the Cavs and dominating again. I don't see Durant doing that in GSW - he's arguably the second best player on the team now and he definitely won't dominate statistically like LeBron did while in Miami. So how much will his legacy get elevated? Wade isn't generally ranked above Malone/Barkley despite rings. I guess it'll depend if Durant becomes the face or a very good component of a already historic team.

mudyez
07-06-2016, 07:51 PM

mudyez
07-06-2016, 08:24 PM
Do you remember Gary Payton, the NBA Champion?

I don't really.

Same will go for Durbeta.

Strategic
07-06-2016, 08:56 PM
Cavs proved that Warriors couldn't hang when they were banged around. Yeah, ok, if anyone sees Durant improving on that fate? He used his freedom to go to a team where he will make the least amount of difference, not like Iggy who knew he would be better as a roll player. Lol thinking Curry will hold back some 35 footers just so Durant will get touches.

Thread
07-06-2016, 10:22 PM
- 17 wins
- missing the playoffs 4/10 while franchise missed 4 in previous 55 years
- your hero retiring in disgrace

...Isn't bottom?

Holy hell. What's next, massive earthquake decimating your adopted city and the team moving back home to land of lakes?

They were selling your shit, Shits.

Thread
07-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Do you remember Gary Payton, the NBA Champion?

I don't really.

Same will go for Durbeta.

But, Payton remembers.