PDA

View Full Version : Coach Nick Says Durant can be a "Lockdown Defender as Good as Kawhi"

BillMc
07-06-2016, 04:50 PM
Slow news day but I'm not paraphrasing.

Coach Nick says it about 7:06

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMJZ6CLrwcM

K...
07-06-2016, 04:53 PM
Yes, size and motor is there. Same with LeBron. This is no secret it's mind set. He's a beta. End of story

r0drig0lac
07-06-2016, 04:53 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/145hX7QVWqyili/giphy.gif

BillMc
07-06-2016, 04:54 PM
:lol

Mugen
07-06-2016, 04:55 PM
I could see it. He was also a solid rim protector in the WCF until shitting the bed. Not to mention, he locked up Kawhi pretty hard in the 4th qtr when he was switched onto him.

Durant is the 3rd or 4th best player in the world for a reason tbh. Now that he doesn't have nearly as large an offensive load, I could easily see him become a terrific defender on a consistent basis.

Kawhitstorm
07-06-2016, 04:55 PM
LeBron has no regard for Durant.

MVPCues
07-06-2016, 04:56 PM
Prohibitive favorite for at least the next five years? Come on. That's just a stupid statement.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Duran'ts always been a good defender. If he's really embracing this whole team-first thing, then he can step into a defender role. As good as Kawhi? I'll believe it when I see it, but he's fully capable of defending.

RD2191
07-06-2016, 04:57 PM
Lol. No.

tonight...you
07-06-2016, 04:59 PM
Lol. No.

Obstructed_View
07-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Strange to hear people who work covering the NBA actively rooting for a top-heavy league with no competition. Not sure how that's fun.

Mr. Body
07-06-2016, 05:00 PM
Then why hasn't it happened yet?

tonight...you
07-06-2016, 05:01 PM
Strange to hear people who work covering the NBA actively rooting for a top-heavy league with no competition. Not sure how that's fun.
Money. People want to read about them. Easy stuff.

r0drig0lac
07-06-2016, 05:03 PM

agree, the worst are fans of other teams loving this shit, just pathetic

Obstructed_View
07-06-2016, 05:08 PM
Money. People want to read about them. Easy stuff.

I guess if you make your money off clicks then having a team that draws non-NBA fans to start reading about it is how to do it. Just write propaganda for the Dubs for five or six years and watch the hits roll in.

Stabula
07-06-2016, 05:10 PM
Durant is the biggest faggot in the history of the sport, that much is proven. Becoming a lock down defender like Kawhi? Not been shown in all his years.

DPG21920
07-06-2016, 05:10 PM
KD has been a really solid defender. Not as good as Kawhi obviously ,but that is not a knock. KD is a better defender than Barnes and that is what matters.

Man, KD on the Spurs would have been ridiculous on defense. Danny/Kawhi/KD/LMA would have been nasty.

GSH
07-06-2016, 05:24 PM

That's beautiful. Yeah, I read the thread title and thought, "Oh there's a train wreck coming here."

I can't decide if I want to read further down and see if I know any of the bodies. Nah. You gave me a laugh, and if I leave now, I don't have to go take a shower.

Nathan89
07-06-2016, 05:26 PM
Durant is too weak tbh. Put your shoulder in him and he's toast.

NameLess Scrub
07-06-2016, 05:31 PM

Seems like many media people don't have a team to support and suffer with. They're always champs.

07-06-2016, 05:45 PM
Durant is good on defense when he tries. He sure as hell locked down Leonard when it mattered.

Not too far of a stretch to say Durant's offensive load will be lightened and he'll have more energy on defense.

Clipper Nation
07-06-2016, 05:47 PM

Wonder how much Roc Nation is paying them to suck Durbeta's dick. The media already loved the Warriors anyway, so they probably charge a discount.

tonight...you
07-06-2016, 05:49 PM
Durant is too weak tbh. Put your shoulder in him and he's toast.
That is true. If GS wants him playing the 4 for extended periods of time, he's going to get his lunch money taken from him by more than a couple guys in this league.
Even some bully 3's like Kawhi and especially Lebron.

ducks
07-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Then why hasn't it happened yet?
because he has to score on the other end
no reason he can not be a good defender now with the gs

siraulo23
07-06-2016, 06:43 PM
I like most of bballbreakdown takes but he also made a video saying steph curry is an elite defender :lol

now this lol

Mr. Body
07-06-2016, 06:44 PM
because he has to score on the other end
no reason he can not be a good defender now with the gs

He had half the plays off with Westbrook on the team. How will that change now?

siraulo23
07-06-2016, 06:47 PM
Tbf durant is a solid defender and he can be really good but not elite like kawhi

spurs10
07-06-2016, 06:48 PM
KD has been a really solid defender. Not as good as Kawhi obviously ,but that is not a knock. KD is a better defender than Barnes and that is what matters.

Man, KD on the Spurs would have been ridiculous on defense. Danny/Kawhi/KD/LMA would have been nasty. Yep...however he would have had to work for a ring.

ducks
07-06-2016, 07:14 PM
He had half the plays off with Westbrook on the team. How will that change now?

gs does not need to depend on him scoring

leonard is a two way player Durant is not

Durant could be but I think without a shotblock behind him Durant d

urunobili
07-06-2016, 07:25 PM

:lmao

Russ
07-06-2016, 07:28 PM
Ten years in he becomes a lockdown defender?

When has that ever happened?

dabom
07-06-2016, 07:36 PM
Back to back DPOY defense?

Slop the warriors and get more views. Easy as that. Dude is a sell out.

Mr. Body
07-06-2016, 07:46 PM
gs does not need to depend on him scoring

leonard is a two way player Durant is not

Durant could be but I think without a shotblock behind him Durant d

Durant will take over Thompson's scoring role. You're kidding yourself.

loveforthegame
07-06-2016, 07:55 PM
He is a good defender when he puts his mind to it. Not sure I see him being on Leonard's level though.

Tully365
07-06-2016, 07:56 PM
:lolIt's almost as if someone said, " Hey, listen, it's a little slow over at spurstalk-- can you give me a quote to get them a bit riled up?"

.G.
07-06-2016, 08:40 PM
That's one scary ass thought, on da downstrole. Niggz showed what he's capable of defensively against gs.

Mikeanaro
07-06-2016, 08:45 PM
He had like 10 seasons to prove it, bullcrap.

TheGreatYacht
07-06-2016, 11:12 PM
Same faggot that said Curry was an elite defender. He will do just about anything for views lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsKCyNvnt7k&feature=share

Mr. Body
07-06-2016, 11:14 PM
Same faggot that said Curry was an elite defender. He will do just about anything for views lmao

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsKCyNvnt7k&feature=share

Same people claiming Kobe was a great defender year after year. Usual ball gargling.

spursreport
07-06-2016, 11:33 PM
Kevin Durant is nothing more than the Peyton Manning of the NBA. A mentally weak choker who puts up cute numbers, wins a regular season mvp, but folds when it matters most. This also includes his "lockdown D." He is mentally soft. Stephen Curry also shares the same exact identity with Peyton Manning, as well. Amazing numbers, amazing shots, fun highlights, tons of fans, tons of hype, but will fail when the ultimate pressure moments arrive.

J_Paco
07-06-2016, 11:38 PM

Yeah, Jeff Van Gundy was on the same stupid shit on the Vertical Podcast with Woj. His knob slobbering got so bad I had to cut it off midway through.

Snaq O'Meal
07-06-2016, 11:50 PM
Kevin Durant is nothing more than the Peyton Manning of the NBA. A mentally weak choker who puts up cute numbers, wins a regular season mvp, but folds when it matters most. This also includes his "lockdown D." He is mentally soft. Stephen Curry also shares the same exact identity with Peyton Manning, as well. Amazing numbers, amazing shots, fun highlights, tons of fans, tons of hype, but will fail when the ultimate pressure moments arrive.

Instead of choking, Durant may have tanked to ease his move to the Warriors.

TheGreatYacht
07-07-2016, 12:26 AM
Still better than SysTom, tbh

Sean Cagney
07-07-2016, 12:45 AM

They are all puppets and media darling team lovers, they all act like a bunch of teen fans or groupies jumping on to teams with no mind of their own. It's actually funny to see grown men act this way.

Sean Cagney
07-07-2016, 01:21 AM

Manning actually won a ring in his prime though but decent example. Those two are exactly what you said and fold like a tent when it matters.

Fireball
07-07-2016, 02:01 AM
Defending takes a lot of energy out of you ... I doubt Durant could improve his defense without sacrificing on offense

BUT being as good as Kawhi on defense? :lol cmon Coach Simon ...

spursreport
07-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Manning actually won a ring in his prime though but decent example. Those two are exactly what you said and fold like a tent when it matters.

Manning was carried to a ring in his prime. 3 tds and 7 ints in his other SB run. He was shit during that 2007 postseason, and his defense carried him to that ring as well.

sammy
07-07-2016, 03:37 PM
LMAO! :lmao This coach is delusional! :rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Sean Cagney
07-07-2016, 03:50 PM
Manning was carried to a ring in his prime. 3 tds and 7 ints in his other SB run. He was shit during that 2007 postseason, and his defense carried him to that ring as well.

Still though he got a ring unlike those others. I know his stats were bad in those playoffs so that part is right, great great regular season QB but in the post season fell off and had mediocre to at times bad stats and that is just a fact. I can't argue that point there and I am a fan of dude.

Spurtacular
07-07-2016, 03:54 PM
Slow news day but I'm not paraphrasing.

Coach Nick says it about 7:06

He must've forgot his own 2011 Finals analysis where he all but calls Durant's defense mediocre. Granted,

maverick1948
07-07-2016, 06:09 PM
James Harden could be a lockdown defender as good as Kawhi. But it ain't happening. Who the is Coach Nick? Some guy who thinks he know NBA basketball. He don't know crap. Just saying something to make you read his blog. Screw him.

weebo
07-07-2016, 06:31 PM
KD going to an already stack team is why the NFL will always be head and shoulders above in pro league in the world.