PDA

View Full Version : Domain expired

Brazil
07-07-2016, 01:36 PM
god damn it, I had to lurk reddit and realgm.... for the love god, don't let that happen again, that was like putting my head in an ocean of dirty toxic waste

Chinook
07-07-2016, 01:38 PM
god damn it, I had to lurk reddit and realgm.... for the love god, don't let that happen again, that was like putting my head in an ocean of dirty toxic waste

It was scary. It felt like I was in that movie, The Lobster.

Spur|n|Austin
I found myself on the same two sites. Even went over to ..... Spursreport. ugh that place is turrible.

jhfenton
Yep. It happened again. It has been renewed now, but may take a while to propagate to some DNS servers. I had to work around for a while with a hosts file edit.

hooperflash
Yeah, what he said.

phxspurfan
Domain wanted to play for a contender, went out to GS

DarkGinobili
07-07-2016, 01:40 PM
Hope it doesn't happen again anytime soon.

eDizzle20
07-07-2016, 01:42 PM
No Spurs forum better than this one :bobo. I cannot stand Realgm.

Brazil
07-07-2016, 01:43 PM

I saw your post on realgm, I even tried to register to keep up there.... :vomit:

Chinook
07-07-2016, 01:43 PM
I found myself on the same two sites. Even went over to ..... Spursreport. ugh that place is turrible.

I typed it into Google, and was like, "Nope. Nope. Not that desperate." Then I kept refreshing the main page of the Spurs RealGM forum to see if there would be any life. So annoyed that that was down when the Boban/Dedmon thing happened

Spur|n|Austin
07-07-2016, 01:44 PM
It's funny how all the soft sports writers get their feelings hurt here -- please try and explain to me how any other forum is better than this?

Chinook
07-07-2016, 01:46 PM
I saw your post on realgm, I even tried to register to keep up there.... :vomit:

Yeah, I have RGM as my backup site, and I go there for the general trade discussions. It takes a while to get used to due both to how sterilized it is and how the majority have all adopted a certain level of group think about players. The mod for the Spurs over there is a Green critic and wanted to trade him all off-season. He even wanted to bench him for Simmons. You know I can't work under those conditions.

siraulo23
07-07-2016, 01:46 PM
Damn i thought ST was down for good this game

glad its back up and running

Chinook
07-07-2016, 01:47 PM
It's funny how all the soft sports writers get their feelings hurt here -- please try and explain to me how any other forum is better than this?

I can't. ST is like what people say about Manu: Even though it's fallen off recently, it's still better than any other site in its prime.

Budkin
07-07-2016, 01:50 PM
I felt lost and empty, looking for peeps on Twitter and Reddit.

lefty
07-07-2016, 01:50 PM
:lol found some posters on Twitter

:lol we were like post apocalypse survivors

Joseph Kony
07-07-2016, 01:51 PM
ill be stuck posting in RealGMs shitty spurs forum if this place dies :cry sucks more because im banned from the general board :lol

mookie2001
07-07-2016, 01:51 PM
sorry trash garbage

SpursforSix
07-07-2016, 01:52 PM

you smell like an apocalypse survivor

LongtimeSpursFan
07-07-2016, 01:53 PM
It was probably the most productive hour I had in a long time

snickles
07-07-2016, 01:53 PM

i did the same. logged into my spursreport account for the 1st time since 2009...when i found this place.

i didn't think to check how many "guests" were viewing the site.

Chinook
07-07-2016, 01:54 PM

I mean, I think we should all agree to have RealGM as the backup plan to ST. 1) You know it's stable since it's so huge 2) You get access to team boards for most sports clubs 3) They don't seem to hate STers over there like they do most other places 4) The Spurs forum over there is dead, but the mod there is really active and deserves to have some more people posting so it's not just him talking to himself. 5) We could take over that shit.

Nathan89
07-07-2016, 01:55 PM
I tried to buy it:lol

Spur|n|Austin
07-07-2016, 01:55 PM
I mean, I think we should all agree to have RealGM as the backup plan to ST. 1) You know it's stable since it's so huge 2) You get access to team boards for most sports clubs 3) They don't seem to hate STers over there like they do most other places 4) The Spurs forum over there is dead, but the mod there is really active and deserves to have some more people posting so it's not just him talking to himself. 5) We could take over that shit.

+1000 on this idea

kobyz
07-07-2016, 01:56 PM
You people are pathetic, you seem more hurt by site down than after spurs lost to the thunder! You are not real fans!

Nathan89
07-07-2016, 01:57 PM
They can't check an automatic renewal box or pay for 10 years?

Spur|n|Austin
You people are pathetic, you seem more hurt by site down than after spurs lost to the thunder! You are not real fans!

Coming from ST's official emo boy :lol

tonight...you
Never been there. I'm down for a hostile takeover on foreign soil. It's in our American blood!

kobyz
07-07-2016, 01:58 PM
Coming from ST's official emo boy :lol

Emo you mean real fan!

mookie2001
07-07-2016, 01:58 PM
I wouldn't mind sharia law if I still had a BNSF

Dex
07-07-2016, 02:00 PM

You replied to my reddit thread. :bobo It was like a small taste of SpursTalk.

TDomination
07-07-2016, 02:03 PM
I never realize how much i'm on this site until its taken away from me.

Then i was like "what the crap" when i saw it down

went to facebook and searched spurstalk...nothing
went to spursreport to look for a post from someone here...nothing
went to poundtherock...nothing
went to realgm and actually saw a post from chinook, and kept me with a slim hope for some reason
kept refreshing spurstalk...nothing. just a bunch of links to nba and spurs stuff.

i had to find out about boban going to the pistons from a co-worker, i'm always the first one to find out. but without my spurstalk, i was out of the loop lol

then i refreshed again and bam there it is.

as much as i feel like this site could be better with all the trolling and what not, its still by far the best spurs fan forum on the net

Mugen
07-07-2016, 02:03 PM
I didn't realize how much I frequent this shithole until it was gone tbh :lol

beirmeistr
07-07-2016, 02:05 PM
Domain wanted to play for a contender, went out to GS

hilarious

gambit1990
07-07-2016, 02:06 PM

i saw that, felt that way too :lol

K...
Most of us know which accounts here are for information, entertainment, or ignoring. I tell others about it, but none of my friends have believed me when I say news here is as fast and deep as other sites. They see Parker vs kawhi thread after thread.

If I ever have to leave another site I'm going to have learn all over again who is legit, and who is just parroting vanilla consensus

Obstructed_View
Found myself on Reddit as well. It's funny to say that the place reeks of stupid compared to ST, but it's the truth.

Dex
07-07-2016, 02:07 PM
I never realize how much i'm on this site until its taken away from me.

Then i was like "what the crap" when i saw it down

went to facebook and searched spurstalk...nothing
went to spursreport to look for a post from someone here...nothing
went to poundtherock...nothing
went to realgm and actually saw a post from chinook, and kept me with a slim hope for some reason
kept refreshing spurstalk...nothing. just a bunch of links to nba and spurs stuff.

i had to find out about boban going to the pistons from a co-worker, i'm always the first one to find out. but without my spurstalk, i was out of the loop lol

then i refreshed again and bam there it is.

as much as i feel like this site could be better with all the trolling and what not, its still by far the best spurs fan forum on the net

I didn't realize how much I frequent this shithole until it was gone tbh :lol

For real...when I first tried to log on this morning I was like, "Oh....well they will get this sorted out soon. I'll just browse reddit for a while."

*commence refreshing every 10 minutes*

gambit1990
07-07-2016, 02:10 PM
i ditched checking the express news everyday for spurs information after i starting visiting spurstalk almost a decade ago. i hope the site doesn't end soon.

Budkin
You replied to my reddit thread. :bobo It was like a small taste of SpursTalk.

Thanks for letting me on the raft!

Robz4000

/sp/ is superior

Blizzardwizard
07-07-2016, 02:11 PM

:lol We held tough through the dark hours.

Chinook
07-07-2016, 02:13 PM
For real...when I first tried to log on this morning I was like, "Oh....well they will get this sorted out soon. I'll just browse reddit for a while."

*commence refreshing every 10 minutes*

What got me was the unconscious refreshing. I would click on my address bar and type "s" as a reflect. Navigating the Internet with ST down was like trying to row with one oar. Just going around in circles. I'm glad I can finally close Paul Garcia's Twitter. I'll leave the following to the experts.

MVPCues
07-07-2016, 02:14 PM
I'm looking so hard for news on Timmy retiring, I fist read this thread title as "Duncan expired".

lefty
07-07-2016, 02:15 PM
i saw that, felt that way too :lol

:lol We held tough through the dark hours.

:lmao

Leetonidas
07-07-2016, 02:17 PM
Realgm is not a terrible backup idea but wihth how long it takes for account approval, then the 30 day waiting period to post once its active, plus heavy moderation (i got put on read only for calling someone "delusional" :lol ) and im not sure its the best idea. a knock off invisionfree of proboards forum would be a better idea tbh, just get an ad blocker

gambit1990
07-07-2016, 02:20 PM
i was about to tweet: "i don't think spurstalk will stay offline... but if it does, what is dead may never die."

but when i got home and refreshed the page it was working again :lol

Chinook
07-07-2016, 02:25 PM
Realgm is not a terrible backup idea but wihth how long it takes for account approval, then the 30 day waiting period to post once its active, plus heavy moderation (i got put on read only for calling someone "delusional" :lol ) and im not sure its the best idea. a knock off invisionfree of proboards forum would be a better idea tbh, just get an ad blocker

Yeah. I made mine after Kori and timvp dropped off the face of the Earth. I thought it was just a matter of time, and I wanted to be through that process and have enough time there that I wasn't deleted as part of an anti-ST backlash. That's why I am suggesting making the plan now so we can all be through that.

I'm up for a different plan, but I think if we posted there every once in a while, the mod would relax a bit. After all, if pretty much the whole forum wants it one way, who is the mod to stand in their way?

Leetonidas
07-07-2016, 02:28 PM
i get that but i'm just saying, their moderation is super lame but it might be good the spurs forum is a ghost town so maybe we can get away with more. either way i can only post there on realgm now so i guess im down for that :lol

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2016, 02:29 PM
I have a RealGM account that I don't really use(maybe once every few months), but I'm already banned from their GB..

The moderation is way too strict and the moderators are very sensitive..they don't hesitate to give you a warning if you prove them wrong in an argument..

I have never really used the Spurs board there, though..

dabom
07-07-2016, 02:31 PM

realgm is garbage. The moderation is REAL. HEavy. Its not good. I'd rather go to reddit and get downvoted but still be able to hear me.

Ron Swanson
07-07-2016, 02:31 PM
I actually had to work for a little while. That sucked.

dabom
07-07-2016, 02:32 PM
I've gotten like 3 realgm accounts banned for saying Kawhi>Melo back in the day. :lol

It's not worth it.

DPG21920
07-07-2016, 02:34 PM
Yeah. I made mine after Kori and timvp dropped off the face of the Earth. I thought it was just a matter of time, and I wanted to be through that process and have enough time there that I wasn't deleted as part of an anti-ST backlash. That's why I am suggesting making the plan now so we can all be through that.

I'm up for a different plan, but I think if we posted there every once in a while, the mod would relax a bit. After all, if pretty much the whole forum wants it one way, who is the mod to stand in their way?

I would seriously consider funding and starting my own Spurs message board, but not sure if that makes sense until after ST goes away (if it does).

I would need to research the cost of starting something like this and keeping it up and running server wise (for growth of users as well), but not sure if I would want to try and take users from ST when it's running - more about if it's sold or goes down.

Chinook
07-07-2016, 02:35 PM
I have never really used the Spurs board there, though..

You probably have and just confused it with the Canadian tundra. Have you been to their Trades and Transactions Board? That's by far the most useful board that I've found there. They break news pretty fast, and they have a couple of decent insiders who post there, one of whom is a Deeks-level cap guy.

Chinook
07-07-2016, 02:37 PM
I would seriously consider funding and starting my own Spurs message board, but not sure if that makes sense until after ST goes away (if it does).

I would need to research the cost of starting something like this and keeping it up and running server wise (for growth of users as well), but not sure if I would want to try and take users from ST when it's running - more about if it's sold or goes down.

I just hope that if Kori and timvp don't want to host this anymore that they let us know and hopefully work with someone to keep it running. Hell, if it were just a matter of money, I'm sure they could easily raise the funds just by asking.

cd98
07-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Whew. For a while I thought I'd have to do all the leg work on getting the news for myself/by myself. It's nice to go to one spot to get all the Spur-related content I need.

Spurtacular
07-07-2016, 02:54 PM
Didn't this happen last summer or something like that?

jhfenton
07-07-2016, 03:01 PM
Didn't this happen last summer or something like that?

2014. I started the 2014 thread, so I knew exactly what had happened this morning.

DPG21920
07-07-2016, 03:04 PM
I just hope that if Kori and timvp don't want to host this anymore that they let us know and hopefully work with someone to keep it running. Hell, if it were just a matter of money, I'm sure they could easily raise the funds just by asking.

My only concern (and may be theirs) is what, if any, liability is there to owning this broad? I know they have had police reach out to them about things said on the board, etc...that might be a big factor.

Mnky
07-07-2016, 03:04 PM

:lol

eric365
07-07-2016, 03:05 PM
Make sense that this forum will be gone when timmy retire

Kori Ellis
07-07-2016, 03:06 PM
We sold the site and it's switching ownership soon. We just forgot to renew the domain in the meantime. Sorry!

DPG21920
07-07-2016, 03:07 PM

:lol I got like 5 new followers

"I never asked for this. I'm not a leader."

"DPG, you have to be"

*Fade to storm blowing across the desert

DPG21920
07-07-2016, 03:08 PM
We sold the site and it's switching ownership soon. We just forgot to renew the domain in the meantime. Sorry!

Woj Bomb!

benefactor
07-07-2016, 03:08 PM
:wow

The new owners gonna act like fags and put a bunch of rules in place or is it a poster here who bought it?

DPG21920
07-07-2016, 03:09 PM
The unintended impact of the new CBA

objective
07-07-2016, 03:13 PM
Oh.dear lord, new owners?

Bender
...that was like putting my head in an ocean of dirty toxic waste

that's how other people on the web describe a visit to spurstalk

SpursforSix

The new owners gonna act like fags and put a bunch of rules in place or is it a poster here who bought it?

I hope it's not Avante.

Ron Swanson
07-07-2016, 03:15 PM
Now we know why Timmy is retiring. Full time ST admin.

Spur|n|Austin
07-07-2016, 03:15 PM

Chump's coming back

HI-FI
07-07-2016, 03:18 PM
Chump's coming back
what was I gonna say.

David K's 100K will be a game changer.

Leetonidas
07-07-2016, 03:19 PM
Splits finally bought ST? :lol

John Petrucci
07-07-2016, 03:20 PM
that's how other people on the web describe a visit to spurstalk

It's certainly vile here, but all that becomes background noise eventually and you're left with all the great stuff about this site. The lightning fast news, breakdowns, analysis.

Dex
07-07-2016, 03:21 PM

Oh snap!

Thanks for everything, Kori and LJ.

Brazil
07-07-2016, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I have RGM as my backup site, and I go there for the general trade discussions. It takes a while to get used to due both to how sterilized it is and how the majority have all adopted a certain level of group think about players. The mod for the Spurs over there is a Green critic and wanted to trade him all off-season. He even wanted to bench him for Simmons. You know I can't work under those conditions.

Dex
07-07-2016, 03:22 PM
2014. I started the 2014 thread, so I knew exactly what had happened this morning.

They like to do this every couple years or so to make us shit our pants and remind us all how much we appreciate SpursTalk.

Keepin' it real
07-07-2016, 03:25 PM
It's certainly vile here, but all that becomes background noise eventually and you're left with all the great stuff about this site. The lightning fast news, breakdowns, analysis.

Yes, but imagine coming to this site and not having to be exposed to the vileness. I can't even come to this site on my work computer, and I can't even let my wife see what I'm reading half the time. It's an embarrassment.

Let's hope the new owners make this a positive place for Spurs fans to interact and get lightning fast news, breakdowns, and analysis without being subjected to racist, sexist, homophobic, and generally vulgar commentary and imagery.

sammy
07-07-2016, 03:28 PM
I was lost without ST! I thought the board was shut down permanently! I went to Spursreport and it was not the same! I found out Manu was coming back from Yahoo and Boban going to Detroit from Pounding The Rock. Glad ST is back!

tonight...you
07-07-2016, 03:33 PM
i was about to tweet: "i don't think spurstalk will stay offline... but if it does, what is dead may never die."

but when i got home and refreshed the page it was working again :lol
Holy shit, that would have been Epic. ST is Cthulhu!

HI-FI
07-07-2016, 03:34 PM
wow. What a crazy offseason. Hopefully you guys sold it to someone with the right temperament, who can improve things, but your call. Thanks for everything though.

Seventyniner
07-07-2016, 03:35 PM

Seconded.

TheGoldStandard
07-07-2016, 03:38 PM
Nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh nuh... leader..

Chinook
07-07-2016, 03:40 PM

I hope Slomo is still going to be part of it.

Robz4000
07-07-2016, 03:42 PM
Splits finally broke you down, eh?

spurs10
07-07-2016, 03:49 PM
We sold the site and it's switching ownership soon. We just forgot to renew the domain in the meantime. Sorry! Thanks to you and your family for keeping this rolling. Although I've long missed timvp's editorials and such it's still fun to come here and keep up with our team! I hope you made a pretty penny from the sale as well!

Again, thank you! :flag:

SASdynasty!
07-07-2016, 03:54 PM
I thought Tim announced his retirement and you shut it down

Mugen
07-07-2016, 03:54 PM
Kori Ellis - Sup gurl?

Spurs 4 The Win
07-07-2016, 04:07 PM
Yes, but imagine coming to this site and not having to be exposed to the vileness. I can't even come to this site on my work computer, and I can't even let my wife see what I'm reading half the time. It's an embarrassment.

Let's hope the new owners make this a positive place for Spurs fans to interact and get lightning fast news, breakdowns, and analysis without being subjected to racist, sexist, homophobic, and generally vulgar commentary and imagery.

You are an embarrassment for typing that. Grow a pair.

raybies
07-07-2016, 04:14 PM

Must of been a nightmare for you.

I took my talents to Twitter lol

Brazil
07-07-2016, 04:15 PM

Damn girl...

Thanks for all these years and here is hoping new owner is not a douche

raybies
07-07-2016, 04:17 PM

Agreed

Budkin
07-07-2016, 04:18 PM

FkLA
07-07-2016, 04:18 PM

Smh how you gonna do that to ST? :pctoss

turkish spurs fan
07-07-2016, 04:20 PM
i still cant connect spurstalk. please help

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CmhW2crW8AApfDj.jpg

dabom
07-07-2016, 04:21 PM
Damn girl...

Thanks for all these years and here is hoping new owner is not a douche

Smh how you gonna do that to ST? :pctoss

benefactor
07-07-2016, 04:23 PM

This is when "Keepin' it real" goes wrong.

raybies
07-07-2016, 04:24 PM
While I like the freedom of speech, I enjoy people that call you out on some takes. It makes you step your game up.

But it's true this is not a respectable site, it's more like a cult following of the Spurs filled with the dirt that's not in most "vanilla" sites. I think with a little polish and some cleaning up we can attract a larger group but it's hard when people feel uncomfortable to post here. I know some takes are terrible and homerish but some education is some store. Don't really need the profanity or sexism, racist comments etc.

If it happens cool, if not, I still have the ignore button. Just my opinion.

SpursFan86
07-07-2016, 04:26 PM
The board definitely goes overboard at times (hell, a lot of the time :lol ), but I'll take what we have here over some boring, over-moderated board any day of the week. Yeah there's some shit-tier trolling that goes on but all in all it's one of the most entertaining/enjoyable forums I've ever posted on and I hope it stays that way.

dabom
07-07-2016, 04:27 PM
Spurstalk is like fight club. You don't talk about Spurstalk. You get beat up sometimes, but you like being a part of it. :lol

rastaspur
07-07-2016, 04:29 PM

Apa's aunt bought it. No one can pick on her nephew/admirer ever again.

LongtimeSpursFan
07-07-2016, 04:30 PM
You are an embarrassment for typing that. Grow a pair.

This comment reminds me of another forum I visit. 42 year old man telling other males with wife/gf to man up all the while he's been single for a long time and can't figure out why.

raybies
07-07-2016, 04:30 PM
The board definitely goes overboard at times (hell, a lot of the time :lol ), but I'll take what we have here over some boring, over-moderated board any day of the week. Yeah there's some shit-tier trolling that goes on but all in all it's one of the most entertaining/enjoyable forums I've ever posted on and I hope it stays that way.
Definitely don't want an over moderated site.

HarlemHeat37
07-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Hopefully the new owner is a SpursTalk regular, tbh..otherwise, this shit could become like every other corny forum:(

For those mentioning ChumpDumper, he actually passed away a few months ago..

Brazil
07-07-2016, 04:33 PM
Spurstalk is like fight club. You don't talk about Spurstalk. You get beat up sometimes, but you like being a part of it. :lol

my nigg dabom tbh

Brazil
07-07-2016, 04:34 PM
But it's true this is not a respectable site

dat gem tbh

Brazil
07-07-2016, 04:35 PM
Hopefully the new owner is a SpursTalk regular, tbh..otherwise, this shit could become like every other corny forum:(

:lol chump is fine

imagine a dude passing away with 99,999 posts

SuperCam
07-07-2016, 05:30 PM
no more free speech tbh :bang

travis2
07-07-2016, 05:46 PM

And now it truly is the end of an era...:depressed

Splits
07-07-2016, 06:07 PM
Splits (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=24583) finally bought ST? :lol

Splits (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=24583) finally broke you down, eh?

As I said in the NBA forum thread, not me unfortunately.

If the new owner turns out to be a nazi cunt, I will gladly setup an alternative.

If there are any vBulletin nerds out there, ping me in PM. I already got a domain.

GSH
07-07-2016, 06:10 PM

Tim is retiring (retired). SpursTalk sold. Expect the news that Pop is quitting over the weekend.

Kawhitstorm
07-07-2016, 06:24 PM

"If I Did It..."-HarlemHeat37 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=11597)

objective
07-07-2016, 06:55 PM
Are there going to be ads now?

DPG21920
07-07-2016, 06:56 PM

Honest question, do people really care about ads? If they are just there and it's not pop up videos etc, do people mind?

dabom
07-07-2016, 07:07 PM
We all got ad blocker. I got 2 on chrome. Ads don't do shit anyways.

TheDoctor
07-07-2016, 07:10 PM
Honest question, do people really care about ads? If they are just there and it's not pop up videos etc, do people mind?

Personally I'm ok with that.

lefty
07-07-2016, 07:11 PM
I hope Slomo is still going to be part of it.
We need Murican servers tbh

Perry Mason
07-07-2016, 07:20 PM
Dang I wish I had known it was for sale. I would've gladly bought this site, and probably could've paid a higher price than whatever Kori and Tim received.

And other than probably banning dabomb, our resident disabled member, I would've kept this place in it's unmoderated glory.

To those posters complaining about the racist and other ugly content on the site, I have sympathy, but you have to take the good with the bad. A true man's sport site needs to be a place where you can get true analysis, and a bunch of irreverence, venting and masculine humor. Plus, the PC SJW nonsense that plagues realGM and reddit is too suffocating for freedom of thought.

spurtech09
07-07-2016, 07:27 PM
Now Spurstalk can be more professional .....

Em-City
07-07-2016, 07:29 PM

great movie.

i was desperately looking for a familiar screen name on realgm to tell me everything was going to be ok

Drom John
07-07-2016, 07:31 PM
I can deal with ads.
NSFW is a problem.

SequSpur
07-07-2016, 07:41 PM
You sold the site? WTF? I should get half, I'm responsible for most of the good posts here. How can you get money for something that Ducks and Solid D do? Ducks sits in his depends, posting on his Texas Instrument computer while Solid D is still scanning newspapers and copying articles... Whatever...

dabom
07-07-2016, 07:43 PM
Murray STARTS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K...
07-07-2016, 07:43 PM
If we have ads can we also have a portal homepage? Like s a blog. Whether we have a paid guy write or just promote the better posters with article format we'd have better traffic.. Then the forums could remain trashy. But common man comes here and gets turned off despite the good content.

K...
07-07-2016, 07:44 PM
Kyle STARTS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hear ya bro

07-07-2016, 07:47 PM
I can deal with ads.
NSFW is a problem.What's NSFW besides sigs which I'm pretty sure most people disable?

07-07-2016, 07:49 PM
If we have ads can we also have a portal homepage? Like s a blog. Whether we have a paid guy write or just promote the better posters with article format we'd have better traffic.. Then the forums could remain trashy. But common man comes here and gets turned off despite the good content.Pretty good idea, tbh. Would probably be a good incentive for more people to contribute instead of the same 15-20 posters.

turkish spurs fan
07-07-2016, 07:49 PM
new admin pls unban my account, i can't start thread and see my profile : (

objective
07-07-2016, 07:57 PM

The ones that occasionally serve up malware? Yeah.

apalisoc_9
07-07-2016, 07:58 PM
No changes please. No add please. Dont be a cocksucker new owner. You owe me thousadns for driving traffic

K...
07-07-2016, 08:05 PM
No changes please. No add please. Dont be a cocksucker new owner. You owe me thousadns for driving traffic

You single handedly destroyed last year with consistent bad takes and grade school trolling.

spurtech09
07-07-2016, 08:06 PM
No changes please. No add please. Dont be a cocksucker new owner. You owe me thousadns for driving trafficGreat....Just because of this everything is going to change...Thanks a lot.......including lifetime Bans......

Floyd Pacquiao
07-07-2016, 08:13 PM
So who's the new owner? Is he/she a spursfan/current member or some asshole looking to make a buck?

ElNono
07-07-2016, 08:16 PM

Thanks for all the fish... hope you guys made some bucks

Spur|n|Austin
07-07-2016, 08:26 PM

:lmao I talked to chump recently - why even say that?

Budkin
07-07-2016, 08:48 PM
If we have ads can we also have a portal homepage? Like s a blog. Whether we have a paid guy write or just promote the better posters with article format we'd have better traffic.. Then the forums could remain trashy. But common man comes here and gets turned off despite the good content.

You mean like what ClutchFans or LakersGround has? That would be pretty cool actually.

baseline bum
07-07-2016, 09:03 PM
Any chance to get Dale a Vietnam flag under his username for his loss to Charlie before y'all go? Back when they were selling his shit?

-21-
07-07-2016, 09:03 PM

+1000

Being on SpursTalk is part of the Spurs fan experience tbh. And even with all the nasty stuff some posters bring, this is still the best basketball forum anywhere. You guys are legends.

Sean Cagney
07-07-2016, 09:51 PM
Damn i thought ST was down for good this game

glad its back up and running
I am just thinking one of these times it will be for good, scary to think of tbh... This time I thought might be it! It's always the ONE.

Splits
07-07-2016, 09:52 PM
Any chance to get Dale a Vietnam flag under his username for his loss to Charlie before y'all go? Back when they were selling his shit?

Splits
07-07-2016, 09:53 PM
Get your backup accounts while registration is open: https://spurstalk.vbulletin.net/

K...
07-07-2016, 09:53 PM

better to just change him back to a suns fan

K...
07-07-2016, 09:58 PM
Get your backup accounts while registration is open: https://spurstalk.vbulletin.net/

I did not read the terms and conditions....am i fucked?

Splits
07-07-2016, 09:59 PM
I did not read the terms and conditions....am i fucked?

Not at all. Since you're one of the first, you're probably due admin privs.

NASpurs
07-07-2016, 10:04 PM

Bookmarked, will recommend to friends and enemies.

benefactor
07-07-2016, 10:05 PM
done

monkeypunk
07-07-2016, 10:07 PM
Hook, line and sinker, Kori Ellis, nicely done.

She's been saying they sold the site for a year or two and you guys keep buying it, smh...

Ron Swanson
07-07-2016, 10:07 PM

Done. Thanks for setting it up.

Leetonidas
07-07-2016, 10:10 PM

:tu

Kony in

Splits
07-07-2016, 10:14 PM
done

Kony in

Both modded.

Chinook
07-07-2016, 10:16 PM
Both modded.

I started the first topic. Are you adding a TT?

Splits
07-07-2016, 10:18 PM
I started the first topic. Are you adding a TT?

Forgive me, what's a TT?

Edit: also modded

Chinook
07-07-2016, 10:19 PM
Forgive me, what's a TT?

Think Tank.

Splits
07-07-2016, 10:21 PM
Think Tank.

Done.

Chinook
07-07-2016, 10:24 PM
Done.

Thanks. I'll be able to function now. What do I gotta do to stop being a junior member?

Robz4000
07-07-2016, 10:28 PM

Already better than reddit/RealGM/etc

Splits
07-07-2016, 10:31 PM
Already better than reddit/RealGM/etc

:lol I can't even figure out emojis

Not quite there yet, but backup plan in place if new ST owner turns out to be a faggot.

Splits
07-07-2016, 10:32 PM
Thanks. I'll be able to function now. What do I gotta do to stop being a junior member?

Dunno. Made you a moderator, perhaps that will help :lol

Chinook
07-07-2016, 10:34 PM
Dunno. Made you a moderator, perhaps that will help :lol

It beats putting socks in my pants. Thanks.

chunticakes
07-07-2016, 10:43 PM

I fucked up, I registered under chunticake4s instead of chunticakes.

Is there anyway you can fix it? :depressed

Leetonidas
07-07-2016, 10:45 PM
Scour the vbulletin support forums tbh, you should be able to find some useful info that about changing skins and uploading different emojis

DPG21920
07-07-2016, 10:46 PM
The ones that occasionally serve up malware? Yeah.

Would you be willing to pay a small fee for ad free browsing?

Splits
07-07-2016, 10:48 PM
I fucked up, I registered under chunticake4s instead of chunticakes.

Is there anyway you can fix it? :depressed

Done

raybies
07-07-2016, 10:50 PM
so who's the owners? or did Kori troll us

siraulo23
07-07-2016, 10:50 PM
spursvbulletin bookmarked :tu

objective
07-07-2016, 11:14 PM
Would you be willing to pay a small fee for ad free browsing?

Maybe. More likely to donate to a bulk fund than doing anything like a membership scenario and there's gold members and regular members, etc.

chunticakes
07-07-2016, 11:17 PM
Done

Dex
07-07-2016, 11:33 PM

Registered and bookmarked as Fallout SpursTalk :tu

Trainwreck2100
07-07-2016, 11:35 PM

stack that paper girl

Trainwreck2100
07-07-2016, 11:36 PM
not gonna bookmark anything lefty knows where to find me

Splits
07-07-2016, 11:46 PM
Registered and bookmarked as Fallout SpursTalk :tu

I definitely don't want to take away from ST membership. But news of the site being sold to a non-ST member is dangerous. We need a backup plan. That backup plan is https://spurstalk.vbulletin.net/

We already have 30 users in under 2 hours.

Splits
07-07-2016, 11:48 PM
not gonna bookmark anything lefty (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=6896) knows where to find me
lefty has a dedicated forum

http://i.imgur.com/C2QW7OE.png

Dex
07-08-2016, 12:08 AM
I definitely don't want to take away from ST membership. But news of the site being sold to a non-ST member is dangerous. We need a backup plan. That backup plan is https://spurstalk.vbulletin.net/

We already have 30 users in under 2 hours.

Oh, I agree 100%. Always good to have a Plan B.

Pretty sure Kori and LJ will leave us in good hands, though. But you never know how things will work out.

Splits
07-08-2016, 12:21 AM
Oh, I agree 100%. Always good to have a Plan B.

Pretty sure Kori and LJ will leave us in good hands, though. But you never know how things will work out.

Kori told me in email, when we were in discussions for me buying the site, that she was concerned that the frontrunner was a non-ST person and it bothered her. I'm not sure who ended up the winner, but that was the last I heard.

RD2191
07-08-2016, 12:27 AM
Fuck. Won't be long before I get banned.

Chinook
07-08-2016, 12:36 AM

Well, at least you have that RealGM account.

apalisoc_9
07-08-2016, 12:38 AM

Nah bro.

The forum will revolt if this new owner is a faggy admin.

He's going to lose his traffic if he starts moderrating differently.

RD2191
07-08-2016, 12:38 AM
Well, at least you have that RealGM account.

I do?

apalisoc_9
07-08-2016, 12:39 AM
Hopefully new owner keeps the current layout. This current layout is by far the best forum layout ive seen. It's super clean.

Spur|n|Austin
07-08-2016, 01:25 AM
spursvbulletin bookmarked :tu

Username created and also bookmarked :bobo

ViceCity86
07-08-2016, 02:11 AM
I too was looking for the site, and wound up on Quora and Reddit, talking about how shitty this website was. LOL

pookenstein
07-08-2016, 03:12 AM
spursvbulletin: bookmarked

Dro210
07-08-2016, 03:21 AM
no more free speech tbh :bang

Abandon ship. They cut free speech, then sink their investment. This is our place, no matter who bought it. It doesn't function without its users.

Obstructed_View
07-08-2016, 03:29 AM
Any mods that read this feel free to remove me and all my posts with the prune command. I'm too old for this shit anyway. Time to go down with the ship.

ViceCity86
07-08-2016, 05:32 AM
Niger, Watermelon, Fag, Beener, Gook

I didn't mean any of that stuff. I was just doing my job, keeping your Brown asses down.

cutewizard
07-08-2016, 07:25 AM
Guys, is this domain expiring?

i love this group discussion page so much, i learned so much about basketball just reading all your posts....

what can we do?

(sad)

cutewizard
07-08-2016, 07:26 AM
how about a facebook group page> ??

mywastedlife900
07-08-2016, 08:26 AM

The Spurs franchise has had so much success over the years, this has become the most popular NBA team forum on the internet. Which is appealing to the many users here who come to attain the attention they do not receive in real life. Racists, sexists, homophobes, - ST is their sanctuary. ST is the best because its the biggest don't romanticize it.

bluebellmaniac
07-08-2016, 08:43 AM

How about a BOLDING for us long timers. We are faithful and hang in there.

bluebellmaniac
07-08-2016, 08:44 AM
And we love you Kori Ellis!

wildbill2u
07-08-2016, 10:19 AM

You could never sell ads to this site as long as it is run as an unmoderated site for all practical purposes. No advertiser would want to be associated with the racism, sexism, name calling, profanity and general nastiness by immature children out of control that is exhibited on this site daily. Someone once posted a GIF as a sig that showed a naked man back view, skateboarding down a street with shit coming out of his ass. It stayed on the board with every post for days. Who will advertise on a site like this? No one because the risk is too great for a viewership of less than 500 members daily.

A corollary of this is that it will never grow to a site with enough members to make it attractive to advertisers because so many folks are turned off by all the factors cited above.

I'm frankly surprised that anyone bought it. It certainly can't be purchased as a money making proposition without basically running off those who want a completely unmoderated site without any cleanup. It must've been bought as a hobby by someone who is a member of the site and wants to see it continue as a hobby.

Beaverfuzz
07-08-2016, 10:53 AM

Done, thanks for setting it up.

Beaverfuzz
07-08-2016, 10:57 AM
How about a BOLDING for us long timers. We are faithful and hang in there.

Have to post more. Them's the rules.

Spur|n|Austin
07-08-2016, 11:05 AM
The Spurs franchise has had so much success over the years, this has become the most popular NBA team forum on the internet. Which is appealing to the many users here who come to attain the attention they do not receive in real life. Racists, sexists, homophobes, - ST is their sanctuary. ST is the best because its the biggest don't romanticize it.

Uh oh guys, think we found one of those sensitive "writers".

I've been here for many years, either as a guest or a member - I'm neither a racist, sexist, or homophobe - just a Spurs fan seeking intelligent basketball talk, something that's limited out there contrary to what you may believe.

Also, it's the biggest because it's the best, not the other way around - don't church it up.

Brazil
07-08-2016, 11:23 AM
You could never sell ads to this site as long as it is run as an unmoderated site for all practical purposes. No advertiser would want to be associated with the racism, sexism, name calling, profanity and general nastiness by immature children out of control that is exhibited on this site daily.

:cry

lefty
07-08-2016, 11:25 AM
When I first saw the thread title, I thought it was "Duncan expired"

snickles
07-08-2016, 02:44 PM

i'm in. thanks for taking the time to set that up!

Splits
07-08-2016, 02:56 PM
spurstalk.net domain is now active, for those who are only keeping a mental bookmark. Hopefully it isn't needed. Although, you can say cunt in thread titles on spurstalk.net and we have 120 signups in just 12 hours...