PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Major Theme Park Ride

Princess45
10-03-2005, 11:27 PM
Ok so Felicity and I had a celebration last week for kicking ass on a really hard test. So, we were fairly drunk, lying around and talking about Disney World/Land, Universal Studios, etc. We decided that Space Mountain @ Disney was by far the best theme park ride ever. What does everyone else have to say?

Kdfelicity
10-03-2005, 11:31 PM
Tower of Terror was a close 2nd right? I still can't believe we killed two bottles of wine in less than 2 hours...

John T
10-03-2005, 11:35 PM
I like the coasters where you stand up and then are tossed and turned every which way. My favorite so far was at Kings Dominion in Virginia. But I think I remember reading in People how someone died on it so they might have shut it down. Regardless of the coaster though, I always ride the front row. That way, when you're going down the hill it feels like you're going to smash face first into the track :p

Tower of Terror was pretty cool too!

Carie

NeoConIV
10-03-2005, 11:38 PM
I'm a total lightweight when it comes to rides.

Who has ridden the Tempest at Fiesta Texas? I would absolutely have a cardiac arrest if I rode that ride. No doubt about it.

Vashner
10-03-2005, 11:38 PM
Rattler... pre - nerf (before they tamed it.. in the neck break days)..

Kdfelicity
10-03-2005, 11:43 PM
I'm a total lightweight when it comes to rides.

Who has ridden the Tempest at Fiesta Texas? I would absolutely have a cardiac arrest if I rode that ride. No doubt about it.

:lol That's too bad. I love the thrill...

The Scream(at Fiesta Texas) where you drop all out in the open like that is nuts. It's not like Tower of Terror, where you're actually enclosed. Also, the rides where your feet are free-hanging give me the heebie jeebies sometimes...

But even in the rides I'm absolutely terrified to ride, the excitement overrides any other feelings I may have...I'll ride almost anything...

Never ridden the Tempest though, what kind of ride is it?

John T
10-03-2005, 11:44 PM
Rattler... pre - nerf (before they tamed it.. in the neck break days)..

Summers and I rode that too! And then we rode around on the water ride about a million times and were so wet we bought a couple of t-shirts and drove back to Austin dressed in only those. Ah, good times :lol

What's the Tempest?

Also, the rides where your feet are free-hanging give me the heebie jeebies sometimes...

Then you definitely wouldn't like the Shark at Sea World!

Carie

samikeyp
10-03-2005, 11:45 PM
indiana jones ride-Disneyland.

Kdfelicity
10-04-2005, 12:00 AM
Regardless of the coaster though, I always ride the front row. That way, when you're going down the hill it feels like you're going to smash face first into the track :p

Carie

My, my. I almost forgot about one of the rides on top of the Stratosphere Hotel in Vegas. Even though it's not a major theme park, it is easily the scariest ride I've ever been on. It's called the X-Scream(it's the world's 3rd highest thrill ride). The thing propels you off the side of the building and you hang in mid-air(feeling like you're weightless) then brings back and flings you off the side again. Talk about feeling like you're going to fall off the top of a tall ass building and ramming face first into the parking lot!!

I'll admit after buying my ticket, and ascending many many floors in an elevator, I almost did turn around and go back down and not ride it at all. But I did it, and I can't even imagine what they could come up with that would top how scary it is...

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/2466/xscream8ep.jpg

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-04-2005, 12:10 AM
Definitely X-Scream, but only if you sit in the front seat. :tu

Kdfelicity
10-04-2005, 12:12 AM
Definitely X-Scream, but only if you sit in the front seat. :tu

Actually they made me sit in the front seat. There was a little boy in the seat behind me, having the time of his life, cracking up cuz I was screaming like a sissy girl.

Have you ridden it AHF?? Hey and by the way, you need to check your pm's silly.

John T
10-04-2005, 12:13 AM
Owwww, I wanna try that one! I was going to ride the Scream-like ride while we were threre, but the winds were too high so it was closed.

Did you feel like you were about to fall out of your seat?

Carie

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-04-2005, 12:27 AM
I was working on my eigth drink prior to going up top to ride. I thought it was a blast, though I was too smashed to really care.

Me and 4 buds who rode it were pretty much at the point of intoxication that we were like "it'd be one hell of a way to go".

Hey and by the way, you need to check your pm's silly.

AHF's been a bad boy, I'm sorry.... :devil

That, and I spent the last part of last week in Nebraska and am in Longview right now. Good things come to those who wait ;)

baseline bum
10-04-2005, 12:33 AM
The Raptor at Cedars Point in Sandusky, Ohio. X-Scream looks amazing though. I'm gonna have to make it out to Vegas soon for that one.

Kdfelicity
10-04-2005, 12:34 AM
I was working on my eigth drink prior to going up top to ride. I thought it was a blast, though I was too smashed to really care.

Me and 4 buds who rode it were pretty much at the point of intoxication that we were like "it'd be one hell of a way to go".

AHF's been a bad boy, I'm sorry.... :devil

That, and I spent the last part of last week in Nebraska and am in Longview right now. Good things come to those who wait ;)

Well lucky you that you at least had some compadres to ride the damn thing with! I was with my parents in Vegas and no way in hell they were gonna ride it, so I rode it all by my lonesome! And man if I would've had alcoholic beverages before that, it woulda been so much better. I realized I screamed the entire time (I was still screaming even when they brought us back onto the building).

Uh oh, what have you been up to AHF? Hope nothing illegal.. :nope

Oooo Longview, did ya get some Fazoli's in my honor??

Vashner
10-04-2005, 12:38 AM
Just going up to the deck at the stratosphere is a headrush. I chickend out on the old coaster they had. Before the one they showed above. I think I would soil myself on that new strato ride.

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-04-2005, 12:42 AM
realized I screamed the entire time (I was still screaming even when they brought us back onto the building).

What a wuss! Just playin'!

Uh oh, what have you been up to AHF? Hope nothing illegal..

What if I have been, what are you going to do about it? :eyebrows

Oooo Longview, did ya get some Fazoli's in my honor??

Nope, got here too late for dinner tonight, tomorrow going back to Dallas. Client is in POS Gilmer, Tx.

Kdfelicity
10-04-2005, 12:43 AM
Just going up to the deck at the stratosphere is a headrush. I chickend out on the old coaster they had. Before the one they showed above. I think I would soil myself on that new strato ride.

No shit. The windows on that deck was what almost made me turn around and get right back on the elevator when I saw how much that thing hung over the edge and how small the track was. I wanted to ride the coaster that goes around the building, but it was closed that day.

Kdfelicity
10-04-2005, 12:52 AM
What a wuss! Just playin'!

What if I have been, what are you going to do about it? :eyebrows

Nope, got here too late for dinner tonight, tomorrow going back to Dallas. Client is in POS Gilmer, Tx.

I'm one to say that I don't scream on rides. But this one was not any normal ride. You shouldn't talk anyway Mr. FUBARD! I bet if you didn't have any alcohol in you, it woulda been a whole different ball game...I bet you woulda screamed louder than me...

I think I might have to alert the SAPD and have them bring you into custody so I can perform an investigation on this matter.... :lol

Gilmer, Texas sounds familiar...

Vashner
10-04-2005, 01:02 AM
They should put a ride on the tower of americas downtown. I would love to just watch and listen to people scream.

Kdfelicity
10-04-2005, 01:05 AM
They should put a ride on the tower of americas downtown. I would love to just watch and listen to people scream.

:lol Yea and that'd be good to add something new to that decrepit thing....

Vashner
10-04-2005, 01:07 AM
I can't ever ride a crazy ride again ... cause I have 8 blown disks (no fluid in them).. Schlitterbahn slow rides is it..

Kdfelicity
10-04-2005, 01:13 AM
I can't ever ride a crazy ride again ... cause I have 8 blown disks (no fluid in them).. Schlitterbahn slow rides is it..

Oh man, I'd be pissed. The little girl inside me would be pissed too... My friend(Princess45) and I want to go to Disney World next summer. We probably sound like little kids still wanting to go to Disney... :princess

Vashner
10-04-2005, 02:02 AM
Sorry didn't want to be a bummer just saying... Those rides can really hurt you. There where several lawsuits about the rattler and they had to saw off 10 feet of it's peak.

Not to mention you hear people falling out and stuff.

http://www.coastergallery.com/2001/Rattler6.jpg

JoeChalupa
10-04-2005, 07:29 AM
The Raptor at Cedars Point in Sandusky, Ohio. X-Scream looks amazing though. I'm gonna have to make it out to Vegas soon for that one.

Cedar Point rocks!!

I like the Millennium Force.

http://www.themeparkinsider.com/art/parks/391.jpg

ObiwanGinobili
10-04-2005, 08:26 AM
#1 of all time for me is batman @ Astroworld.
#2 Splash Mountain at DisneyWorld - I just loved it. 4 times in 1 day.... and can you belive not a singel good picture out of it?? 2 of them some chick was flashing the camera, one had the dude in front of me's hand and the other my head is waayyy back and all you can see is my neck.
#3 Cyclone @ riverside amusement Park in Agawam massachusetes... although I've been told that they got bought by Six Flags. Anyway it;s an HUGE wooden rollercoaster, real ratchety.. you feel like it's gonnna fall apart at any second.

1Parker1
10-04-2005, 08:36 AM
I like the Batman ride at six flags. But my favorite ride is the water ride. Especially the one where you all sit in a big tube for like 6 people and it goes through this maze and water fall and crap. Can't remember the name of it, but every theme park has it.

SWC Bonfire
10-04-2005, 10:03 AM
I like the Batman ride at six flags. But my favorite ride is the water ride. Especially the one where you all sit in a big tube for like 6 people and it goes through this maze and water fall and crap. Can't remember the name of it, but every theme park has it.

Yes, they do. They are generically known as family water rides, and usually have among the highest capacity of riders of all the rides in the park.

1Parker1
10-04-2005, 10:06 AM
wow...you work at a theme park or something?

CharlieMac
10-04-2005, 10:09 AM
I can nly do water rides. Everything else just flat out scares me.

ObiwanGinobili
10-04-2005, 10:09 AM

i've been on that ride at almost every park I've ever been too. I love it too!

SWC Bonfire
10-04-2005, 10:14 AM
wow...you work at a theme park or something?

We sell things to every major waterpark in the US and most abroad. One of our best selling items is for that ride.

BigDaddyMatty
10-04-2005, 10:26 AM
Jokers Revenge isn't very scary, but that thing will hurt your head and neck.

batman2883
10-04-2005, 10:27 AM
The batman ride in astroworld, where you actually stand up is the shit if your in the first row

sa_butta
10-04-2005, 10:31 AM
I like Space Mountain at Disney World and Rock N Roller Coaster at MGM. I like alot of the rides at Disney.

SWC Bonfire
10-04-2005, 10:31 AM
The batman ride in astroworld, where you actually stand up is the shit if your in the first row

Yes, that is a good ride.

Jimcs50
10-04-2005, 11:06 AM
Spiderman at Islands of Adventure in Orlando is the best ever.

http://themeparks.universalstudios.com/orlando/website/attraction_spider_man.html

Kdfelicity
10-04-2005, 12:39 PM
I like Space Mountain at Disney World and Rock N Roller Coaster at MGM. I like alot of the rides at Disney.

I've been to Disney a total of 17 times in my lifetime. So yea I like those rides just a little bit... :lol

Silver21_Black20
10-04-2005, 03:49 PM
The Superman at Fiesta Texas, sittin' front and center...Awesome!!

John T
10-04-2005, 05:26 PM
Jokers Revenge isn't very scary, but that thing will hurt your head and neck.

Yep. I live for coasters and won't ride that thing again.

Spiderman at Islands of Adventure in Orlando is the best ever.

I prefer the 'scary' ones, but that thing rocked. Would have kept riding it, but the line was absolutely ridiculous!

Carie

Cant_Be_Faded
10-04-2005, 05:28 PM
The Montu in Busch Gardens in Florida.

I haven't been there in like 8 years, but it was the greatest roller coaster (and fastest at the time) EVER!!!

spurs_2108
10-04-2005, 07:22 PM
Sorry didn't want to be a bummer just saying... Those rides can really hurt you. There where several lawsuits about the rattler and they had to saw off 10 feet of it's peak.

Not to mention you hear people falling out and stuff.

http://www.coastergallery.com/2001/Rattler6.jpg

LMAO. No one has fallen out of the Rattler. Tho there has been a lot of lawsuits back in it's "Glory Days"

Sonia_TX
10-04-2005, 09:16 PM
I Love Space Mountain at Disney Land.

I also love The Revenge of the Mummy Ride at Universal Hollywood.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/saratoddla/California/P9010120.jpg

tw05baller
10-04-2005, 09:20 PM
Yep. I live for coasters and won't ride that thing again.

I prefer the 'scary' ones, but that thing rocked. Would have kept riding it, but the line was absolutely ridiculous!

Carie

just curious, why do you type carie at the end of every post?

Sonia_TX
10-04-2005, 09:26 PM
^^Maybe that's his/her signature...

John T
10-04-2005, 09:45 PM
just curious, why do you type carie at the end of every post?

Because I'm lazy and when I tried creating my own account I had problems and never fixed it. So, now I use my husband's and sign my name so he can't be held accountable for any of the many stupid things I'm likely to say.

Carie

Kdfelicity
10-04-2005, 10:43 PM
I Love Space Mountain at Disney Land.

I also love The Revenge of the Mummy Ride at Universal Hollywood.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/saratoddla/California/P9010120.jpg

Man Sonia, we're so alike....But I wonder if the Space Mountain at Disney World is better than the one at Disney Land. I've talked to people who've been to both and say Disney World is tons better overall...

I've never ridden The Revenge of the Mummy. It looks super fun though!!

Aggie Hoopsfan
10-04-2005, 11:50 PM
The Viper at Six Flags Magic Mountain (California) was pretty tight too.

Riding in the back car on the Rattler used to be fun before it got pussified thanks to all the dorks who couldn't read a warning sign and road it anyway.

Vashner
10-05-2005, 12:48 AM
LMAO. No one has fallen out of the Rattler. Tho there has been a lot of lawsuits back in it's "Glory Days"
I never said people have fallen out of the rattler.. Read my posts dammit. I said the Rattler was the last ride I have riddenb and will be able to ride in my life.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
10-05-2005, 12:52 AM
Anyone remember the jokers revenge??? that was an awful ride, my alltime worst

Sonia_TX
10-05-2005, 05:19 PM
haha Felicity... yes we are. Crazy stuff. :)

I've never been to Disney World so I can only say that Space Mountain at DL is the BEST! haha

The Mummy is great. Too bad they took out ET though. I always loved that ride.

NZHayden
10-05-2005, 06:39 PM
i havent been on many rides like you guys but the best so far has to be batman ride at 6 flags new orleans, its exactly the same as super man ride at WB movie world on the gold coast their awesome

Kdfelicity
10-05-2005, 11:50 PM
haha Felicity... yes we are. Crazy stuff. :)

I've never been to Disney World so I can only say that Space Mountain at DL is the BEST! haha

The Mummy is great. Too bad they took out ET though. I always loved that ride.

Oh shit. I forgot about the old school Disney World rides...ET was one, Alien Encounter was pretty cool, and the Back to the Future ride was the shit. They also had one that you took a ride through the human body, that was craaazy. I loved loved the Great Movie Ride too. In that one they take you through movie scenes of all the classic movies.

Man, I'm ready to go back, who's with me??

Sonia_TX
10-06-2005, 06:00 PM
Oh man.... Back To the Future is another great one. It's still there too! I met Tyrese (or was it tyson beckford? which one is from 2 Fast 2 Furious?) in front of that ride last August. lol

clooneyschick04
10-06-2005, 06:53 PM
1.) Batman the Ride in Six Flags New Orleans-rode that one all day.

2.) Batman the Ride in AstroWorld. Standing up and spinning upside down-need I say more?

3.) The Rattler.

Kori Ellis
10-06-2005, 06:59 PM
I think the Batman rides are pretty weak. I've ridden them at two different Six Flags.

Shockwave - the stand up roller coaster that they used to have at Six Flags Magic Mountain was awesome. They took it out because it was too dangerous though.

Viper at Six Flags MM is really good.

There was a roller coaster in NJ that's awesome - I forgot what it's called though.

Space Mountain at Disneyland and DisneyWorld used to seem great when I was like 12 years old. Now they are pretty boring.

I have never been to Fiesta Texas even though we live about 10 minutes from there.

spurschick
10-06-2005, 07:00 PM
Disneyland's Pirates of the Caribbean and The Haunted Mansion

SpursWoman
10-06-2005, 07:53 PM
The Vipor at Astroworld and the Superman at Fiesta Texas ...

It's been too long since I was DisneyWorld, but I think I remember Magic Mountain being pretty cool.

Kdfelicity
10-06-2005, 10:06 PM
Space Mountain at Disneyland and DisneyWorld used to seem great when I was like 12 years old. Now they are pretty boring.

Now? What, have you been there lately??