PDA

View Full Version : Patience

ElNono
07-11-2016, 12:29 PM
Now that we're not going to be officially contenders for a while, gotta have some patience, tbh...

I know it's difficult in this time of Social Media buzz and media hype, but the Spurs are basically officially starting a new foundation and that's going to take time.

In the meantime, don't forget to pop in one of those 5 DVDs you have around and remember and appreciate what greatness is all about.

Chillen
07-11-2016, 12:31 PM
The Spurs are still contenders next season, and Manu, Parker are still on the roster.

Robz4000
07-11-2016, 12:32 PM
Won't be contenders for the next 5 years unless Durbeta and Curry's feet asplode.

Hoops Czar
07-11-2016, 12:32 PM
This thread will be a fun one to bump.

vander
07-11-2016, 12:34 PM
How are the Spurs going to improve on LMA/Gasol/Kawhi? IMO they'll be as good this coming year as they will ever be.

Old School 44
07-11-2016, 12:36 PM
49 win season. :(

palangi
07-11-2016, 12:41 PM
We're doomed!

Spur|n|Austin
Nice reverse jinx thread OP

Horse
With the west watered down don't be surprised if they approach 60 wins again. Thunderefs were always a bigger threat and they're gone. Gs is one injury and a choke job waiting to happen. I've never seen a disappearing act from an "alltime great" like we saw from steph. Thompson has that same kind of magic and Durant is an alltime beta pussy.

SAGirl
07-11-2016, 12:55 PM
Good counsel. Good thread to bump up during the season when time calls for it.

Oh, Gee!!
07-11-2016, 12:57 PM
50+ wins, plus a 6 seed, 2nd round exit.

FromWayDowntown
07-11-2016, 12:58 PM
You mean we might have to live like most of the rest of the NBA again, ElNono?

ElNono
07-11-2016, 01:02 PM
You mean we might have to live like most of the rest of the NBA again, ElNono?

Yes :cry :depressed :pctoss

Tully365
07-11-2016, 01:06 PM
Other franchises, when their greatest all time player retires, dream about maybe making the playoffs... so we've got to applaud the FO for replacing Duncan with Aldridge & Pau, a pretty amazing instant turn around that guarantees 50+ wins and a playoff spot. Duncan's just not replaceable, short of landing Anthony Davis or Karl-Anthony Towns, and even that wouldn't do it.

BatManu20
07-11-2016, 01:07 PM
I'm guessing a 52-55 win season still. Hopefully..

Mr. Body
07-11-2016, 01:08 PM
There are only two really good teams in the NBA, the ones that were in the Finals. I see no reason why the Spurs won't rack up a ton of wins.

Darius Bieber
07-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Let's be real though, the pieces we lost so far (Boris, Boban, West) didn't contribute much to our regular season success. Sure, Tim Duncan will be hugely missed for his defense and leadership, but I still see the Spurs at least contending. Of course, Golden State probably win the next two or three finals, but the Spurs are in no way tanking or rebuilding.

jeebus
07-11-2016, 01:10 PM
one of those 5 DVDs
Supremely disappointed in the last one. That shit was garbage.

BillMc
07-11-2016, 01:11 PM
Disagree. We're somewhere between the 2nd and 4th best team in the league. Anything can happen. We could easily win a championship if the stars align.

Not contending? Wait until some day when were just hoping to make the playoffs. Appreciate the team you have now.

DPG21920
07-11-2016, 01:11 PM
While OP translated is trolling, it is a crazy time now for SA fans.

This is a small market and while I think the ownership crew (even though big change there as well) is great, it will be a new frontier for SA with no anchor in Tim.

That is a lot of change for a team and who knows what this looks like moving forward. Think it's safe to assume we never see a stretch of success like this again (19 50+ wins, playoffs every year, etc..). Just have to hope SA can attract FA's when they need them and not go into the toilet.

Should be ok in the short-term with Kawhi/Danny, but man, this is so weird.

Even teams with "superstars" like Durant/Westbrook never lived up to the hype both due to ownership, injuries, under performing & small market issues (no FA wanting to go there). Resulted in KD leaving and is that going to happen to SA? Lot's of questions and it's a little scary long-term. Have to hope for the best and adjust to not having a generational talent on the team.

There is so few of them that exist and that are loyal. Expectations have to be adjusted and that is going to be tough for SA fans.

baseline bum
07-11-2016, 01:12 PM
The Spurs aren't contenders, Gasol and Aldridge will never be Tim Duncan. But it still should be an exciting team that can win 55 games. Not the team playing for lottery balls I would have expected a few years ago after a Duncan retirement. Just crazy how good we have it that what looks like it should be a 55 win season will be a major down year for the franchise.

Chinook
07-11-2016, 01:12 PM
Duncan wasn't moving the needle this year. If the Spurs were contenders with him, they are without him. And they should still be at worst a top five time in the league this season.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2016, 01:15 PM
They're unquestionably a top 4 team in the L, but more of a fringe contender, along with healthy Clippers tbh..

SAGirl
07-11-2016, 01:21 PM
Disagree. We're somewhere between the 2nd and 4th best team in the league. Anything can happen. We could easily win a championship if the stars align.

Not contending? Wait until some day when were just hoping to make the playoffs. Appreciate the team you have now. very good point. :flag:

Keepin' it real
07-11-2016, 01:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErvgV4P6Fzc

Hoops Czar
07-11-2016, 01:24 PM
The Spurs aren't contenders, Gasol and Aldridge will never be Tim Duncan. But it still should be an exciting team that can win 55 games. Not the team playing for lottery balls I would have expected a few years ago after a Duncan retirement. Just crazy how good we have it that what looks like it should be a 55 win season will be a major down year for the franchise.

When you have one of the top five players in the game at SF in Kawhi Leonard :lmao , THE Lamarcus Aldridge at PF :lmao, the head of the snake Tony Parker running the point :lmao and Paddy Mills :lmao coming off the bench, you're a contender. I'm not even mentioning players like Kyle Anderson and Jonathan Simmons who've I've heard are having another terrific Summer League and improving :lmao, Bertans and LJC. That's 60+ wins and a WCF's appearance easy.

DPG21920
07-11-2016, 01:26 PM
Duncan wasn't moving the needle this year. If the Spurs were contenders with him, they are without him. And they should still be at worst a top five time in the league this season.

Yup. The fact is Pau right now is much better than Tim right now, so the SL should improve. The bench is definitely a question mark, but losing Tim alone with Gasol replacing him makes the team better talent wise at this moment.

daslicer
07-11-2016, 01:26 PM
If the Spurs never win another title again I'm still set for life. When they won their first title I was in hschool and ever since I have been able to enjoy all the other 4 titles as a young adult. Very few people outside of bandwagon fans get to see their favorite team win a title multiple times as a teenager and young adult. Anything from this point forward is just gravy for me.

Hoops Czar
07-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Yup. The fact is Pau right now is much better than Tim right now, so the SL should improve. The bench is definitely a question mark, but losing Tim alone with Gasol replacing him makes the team better talent wise at this moment.

Gasol vs Duncan, Diaw and West is a lateral move at best.

DPG21920
07-11-2016, 01:30 PM
Gasol vs Duncan, Diaw and West is a lateral move at best.

That was not the question though. Tim was the only starter of the 3. Replacing Tim with Pau improves the team because at this stage of their career, Pau is better than Tim.

You may argue that Diaw/West is much better than Bertans/Dedmon, that's ok, but the SL is improved and the bench IMO has potential to be better.

Mills/Manu/Simmons/Kyle are back. Added Bertans/Murray/Dedmon to replace Boban/Boris/West/Andre Miller/Bonner/Kevin Martin. Still room for a couple more players too.

ElNono
07-11-2016, 01:35 PM
People underestimate attributes like toughness, leading by example, giving more when more of you is needed, the power-vacuum this creates when you lose leadership like that. There's a lot more than just putting numbers on the board. Lots of losers like Cousins, Rudy Gay, etc can fill up the stat sheet, but it takes a lot of other attributes to build a winning foundation.

Having players you think one day can be all that vs knowing you had that player is a huge difference. I don't care how broken down Tim was, you don't lose HoF talent like that, in all senses of the word, and come out unscathed.

It's true that the league is 90% shit, and that perhaps the 50-win streak will likely be alive, but it's also true that there's damn good teams out there still.

Make no mistake about it, this is a huge loss for the current Spurs, IMO.

TheGreatYacht
07-11-2016, 01:35 PM
When you have one of the top five players in the game at SF in Kawhi Leonard :lmao , THE Lamarcus Aldridge at PF :lmao, the head of the snake Tony Parker running the point :lmao and Paddy Mills :lmao coming off the bench, you're a contender. I'm not even mentioning players like Kyle Anderson and Jonathan Simmons who've I've heard are having another terrific Summer League and improving :lmao, Bertans and LJC. That's 60+ wins and a WCF's appearance easy.
Hoops bringing the goods per par.

A Cavs fan has more faith than some of y'all smh

Poolboy5623
07-11-2016, 01:36 PM
The Spurs are the third best team in the league...sure they can contend. Everyone knew GS would win it last year to..

Dre_7
07-11-2016, 01:37 PM
Spurs are contenders right now.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2016, 01:41 PM
Hoops bringing the goods per par.

A Cavs fan has more faith than some of y'all smh

Bro, I hope you're playing:lol

szkorhetz
07-11-2016, 01:46 PM

Not contending? Wait until some day when were just hoping to make the playoffs. Appreciate the team you have now.
We are easily second, TBH.

elbamba
07-11-2016, 01:47 PM
I like the Spurs winning 57 games and going to the WCF.

Mnky
07-11-2016, 02:22 PM
Spurs in 6.

LaMarcus Bryant
07-11-2016, 02:40 PM
:lol elFat nono

GSH
07-11-2016, 02:47 PM
That was not the question though. Tim was the only starter of the 3. Replacing Tim with Pau improves the team because at this stage of their career, Pau is better than Tim.

You may argue that Diaw/West is much better than Bertans/Dedmon, that's ok, but the SL is improved and the bench IMO has potential to be better.

Mills/Manu/Simmons/Kyle are back. Added Bertans/Murray/Dedmon to replace Boban/Boris/West/Andre Miller/Bonner/Kevin Martin. Still room for a couple more players too.

The one flaw in all that - the one POTENTIAL flaw at least - is Tony. If he declines any more, it changes everything. Tony has never been a particularly accurate passer, and he's always struggled to break down a zone. Declining foot speed for hi is a big problem. If he holds up, at least to the level of last year, I agree that their starting 5 should be able to win 55 games. But if we see any fall-off from him? It could still leave a lot of people scratching their heads over how a team that won 67 games last season could fall this far.

Raven
07-11-2016, 02:48 PM
we'll be fine.

DPG21920
07-11-2016, 03:01 PM
The one flaw in all that - the one POTENTIAL flaw at least - is Tony. If he declines any more, it changes everything. Tony has never been a particularly accurate passer, and he's always struggled to break down a zone. Declining foot speed for hi is a big problem. If he holds up, at least to the level of last year, I agree that their starting 5 should be able to win 55 games. But if we see any fall-off from him? It could still leave a lot of people scratching their heads over how a team that won 67 games last season could fall this far.

Definitely a big concern (see what I did there). However, even with TP struggling the 2nd half of last year, SA was still winning a lot of games. I think with Pau giving more than Tim did along with Danny having a bounce back year, SA can survive lackluster play from TP (to a point).

But it's definitely the biggest question mark outside of the bench heading into next season. We shall see..

GSH
07-11-2016, 03:14 PM
Definitely a big concern (see what I did there). However, even with TP struggling the 2nd half of last year, SA was still winning a lot of games. I think with Pau giving more than Tim did along with Danny having a bounce back year, SA can survive lackluster play from TP (to a point).

But it's definitely the biggest question mark outside of the bench heading into next season. We shall see..

Meh... I should have eaten some crow there. I was one of the gloom-and-doomers this offseason. As much as I love(d) Tim, he wasn't himself last year. And after that December injury, he really wasn't himself. As hard as it is to do, I have to admit that Pau is going to be an upgrade in the middle over last season. Boris was out of shape, and West was out of position. Losing them is a blow, but maybe not as bad as it might have been - especially if Dedmon can live up to everyone's hopes. And there's no reason to believe that Anderson and Simmons won't be at least marginally improved over last season.

I still think it would have been fun to see the Spurs pick up a hotshot young PG in next year's lottery, but you don't blow up a 55-win team, I guess. And if I'm being objective, I have to admit that they should win that many. You and a couple of others talked me back off the ledge a while back. I try not to miss an opportunity to say "I was wrong".

Probably wrong. :lol

DPG21920
07-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Meh... I should have eaten some crow there. I was one of the gloom-and-doomers this offseason. As much as I love(d) Tim, he wasn't himself last year. And after that December injury, he really wasn't himself. As hard as it is to do, I have to admit that Pau is going to be an upgrade in the middle over last season. Boris was out of shape, and West was out of position. Losing them is a blow, but maybe not as bad as it might have been - especially if Dedmon can live up to everyone's hopes. And there's no reason to believe that Anderson and Simmons won't be at least marginally improved over last season.

I still think it would have been fun to see the Spurs pick up a hotshot young PG in next year's lottery, but you don't blow up a 55-win team, I guess. And if I'm being objective, I have to admit that they should win that many. You and a couple of others talked me back off the ledge a while back. I try not to miss an opportunity to say "I was wrong".

Probably wrong. :lol

:lol I mean, nothing is guaranteed, but I try to use logic when I can. Pau might decline. DG might not bounce back. TP may decline further. The bench might suck. All possible, but based on what I've seen I don't think it's likely (but that does not mean it's not possible).

If Pau fits well (and he should since he's very similar to Tim on offense and defense skill wise) and DG can bounce back those are the two biggest things.

But Spurs will have little to no margin for error. I do think while SA could win a lot of games, we have a good chance that those ridiculous point differentials might be smaller than we are used to. But winning is winning.

I mean, we saw a GS who broke the NBA all-time record look more than mortal in the playoffs. They were down 3-1 to OKC and blew a 3-1 lead to CLE. When you have a team that has talent, playoff experience and is in the top 5, there are so many things that happen (injuries, trades, unexpected bench play, etc..) that you just can't blow it up - especially when there is nothing to blow it up for.

spurtech09
07-11-2016, 03:19 PM
Spurs are contenders right now.Yes

MVPCues
07-11-2016, 03:23 PM
50+ wins, plus a 6 seed, 2nd round exit.

6 seed in the west? No way. Terrible prediction.

Seventyniner
07-11-2016, 03:36 PM
I mean, we saw a GS who broke the NBA all-time record look more than mortal in the playoffs. They were down 3-1 to OKC and blew a 3-1 lead to CLE. When you have a team that has talent, playoff experience and is in the top 5, there are so many things that happen (injuries, trades, unexpected bench play, etc..) that you just can't blow it up - especially when there is nothing to blow it up for.

Exactly. The margins were very thin in the playoffs. The Spurs are also more top-heavy this year, and Pau is no stranger to heavy minutes.

Oh, Gee!!
07-11-2016, 04:42 PM
6 seed in the west? No way. Terrible prediction.

8 seed?

MVPCues
07-11-2016, 04:46 PM
8 seed?

<shakes head>

3 seed in the west, +- 1.

tmtcsc
07-11-2016, 04:47 PM
The Spurs will carry on. Tim built a solid foundation that won't crumble because of his departure. I expect the Spurs to be CONTENDERS for years to come. There's like 3 or 4 good teams in the league as it is. Next year the team will be even better.

timtonymanu
07-11-2016, 04:50 PM
Spurs won't be a favorite and probably use next year to retool. But I'm glad we don't currently have a lottery team. Kawhi is still one of my favorites.

Also, I wonder if Softdridge will be any better next year now that Timmy GOAT isn't holding his hand anymore.

DeRozan m8
07-11-2016, 04:54 PM
Anyone who thinks the difference between contending or not is a 40 year old Duncan, is just a deadset brainless idiot....take your Duncan glasses off hahah

He was a liability at times last season, now is the time...

What a legend though, thanks Timmy

GSH
07-11-2016, 05:00 PM
Anyone who thinks the difference between contending or not is a 40 year old Duncan, is just a deadset brainless idiot....take your Duncan glasses off hahah

He was a liability at times last season, now is the time...

What a legend though, thanks Timmy

https://d20eq91zdmkqd.cloudfront.net/assets/images/book/large/9781/4391/9781439199190.jpg

From Downtown
07-11-2016, 05:12 PM
Nono reverse-jinxing

Floyd Pacquiao
07-11-2016, 05:15 PM
The rim protection is gonna be so shit with out him. Even in his twilight he still held the paint down.

SAGirl
07-11-2016, 05:21 PM
And it's worth noting that the Tony factor would have been present Timmy or no Timmy.

spursparker9
07-11-2016, 05:24 PM
Spurs are still contender. Only Cavs and Warriors are better than us now.

DeRozan m8
07-11-2016, 05:42 PM
The rim protection is gonna be so shit with out him. Even in his twilight he still held the paint down.

What?

Pau was 5th in blocks last season, no Spurs even came close to that.
Pau also smashed all Spurs in rebounding.....

-21-
07-11-2016, 05:43 PM
People underestimate attributes like toughness, leading by example, giving more when more of you is needed, the power-vacuum this creates when you lose leadership like that. There's a lot more than just putting numbers on the board. Lots of losers like Cousins, Rudy Gay, etc can fill up the stat sheet, but it takes a lot of other attributes to build a winning foundation.

Having players you think one day can be all that vs knowing you had that player is a huge difference. I don't care how broken down Tim was, you don't lose HoF talent like that, in all senses of the word, and come out unscathed.

It's true that the league is 90% shit, and that perhaps the 50-win streak will likely be alive, but it's also true that there's damn good teams out there still.

Make no mistake about it, this is a huge loss for the current Spurs, IMO.

Very true, I agree 100%. As you said though, the rest of the league sucks, our team is easily still top 5. We haven't seen the what the Warriors look like yet but if a few things go our way, a championship isn't out of reach. If this is our darkest times, I'll take it. We really are spoiled fans tbh :lol and it's all because of #21.

GSH
07-11-2016, 05:50 PM
And it's worth noting that the Tony factor would have been present Timmy or no Timmy.

Signing Gasol changed the calculus a little bit. I would be a lot less optimistic if Dedmon was Plan A. Of if Tim and come back in the same shape he was in after the December injury. I was counting on a fall-off at the C, PLUS the likelihood of Tony continuing to slide.

But, yeah, I see your point.

Dex
07-11-2016, 05:54 PM
There is no replacing Tim Duncan's leadership. That is not even questionable.

Statistically speaking, the biggest loss going into next season will be his defense. He couldn't get much done offensively anymore, but he was a big part of the reason the Spurs were dominating on the defensive end for the majority of last season.

That being said, the Spurs are bringing in about as close to a Duncan clone as possible in Pau Gasol. Probably not as solid defensively, but hopefully he can make that up with his improved post play and ability to hit the mid-range: facets that eluded Tim in the past couple seasons. Otherwise, they are both savvy bigs who can pass, guard the rim, and play championship basketball.

The Spurs will definitely be different, but that is as inevitable as the sun rising tomorrow is. But I still have faith that our new Big 3 (Kawhi, Aldridge, Gasol) can be successful...especially since one of our biggest threats in OKC has been dismantled.

I refuse to believe that the new Warriors are unbeatable, just like the Lakers or the Celtics or the Heat weren't unbeatable. Hell, many people were viewing last year's squad (Big 3 + Kawhi + LMA + Green + West) as a new superteam of sorts...and that only got us to the second round.

Still gotta play the games and see how the cards fall.

z0sa
07-11-2016, 05:57 PM
49 win season. :(

:lmao

I still see the Spurs as contenders, if more a dark horse candidate than anything now that the Big Fundamental . . . sniff, sniff . . . finally hit the ol' dusty trail. Parker, Manu (still one of the most impactful players off the bench in the L), LaMarcus, Pau, and of course the runner up MVP, Kawhi isnt a bad club. And technically, OKC just fell a notch or two as well. GS vs SA seems almost a shoe in at this point, even if they are heavy favorites. I still give us a puncher's chance.

timtonymanu
07-11-2016, 05:59 PM

Statistically speaking, the biggest loss going into next season will be his defense. He couldn't get much done offensively anymore, but he was a big part of the reason the Spurs were dominating on the defensive end for the majority of last season.

That being said, the Spurs are bringing in about as close to a Duncan clone as possible in Pau Gasol. Probably not as solid defensively, but hopefully he can make that up with his improved post play and ability to hit the mid-range: facets that eluded Tim in the past couple seasons. Otherwise, they are both savvy bigs who can pass, guard the rim, and play championship basketball.

The Spurs will definitely be different, but that is as inevitable as the sun rising tomorrow is. But I still have faith that our new Big 3 (Kawhi, Aldridge, Gasol) can be successful...especially since one of our biggest threats in OKC has been dismantled.

I refuse to believe that the new Warriors are unbeatable, just like the Lakers or the Celtics or the Heat weren't unbeatable. Hell, many people were viewing last year's squad (Big 3 + Kawhi + LMA + Green + West) as a new superteam of sorts...and that only got us to the second round.

Well said, Dex. Probably the most realistic way of putting it. :toast

FkLA
07-11-2016, 06:03 PM
Is OP srs? The Spurs are absolutely contenders next season.

dabom
07-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Is OP srs? The Spurs are absolutely contenders next season.

OP with the fucking bads. Don't say sarcasm or a reverse jinx when you fall flat OP.

HI-FI
07-11-2016, 06:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/701617690620727297/6pjzkoX2.jpg

Jdspur20
07-11-2016, 06:50 PM
60-22

ElNono
07-11-2016, 07:15 PM
OP with the fucking bads. Don't say sarcasm or a reverse jinx when you fall flat OP.

:lol I've been saying this since a season or two ago, tbh... I'm dead serious and don't be mad when you look back and realize "damn, this niglet knew what he was talking about"... just PM me, it's all good.

I'm the first guy that wants to be wrong about this, tbh, I just don't see it, however...

Hoops Czar
07-11-2016, 07:16 PM
Very true, I agree 100%. As you said though, the rest of the league sucks, our team is easily still top 5. We haven't seen the what the Warriors look like yet but if a few things go our way, a championship isn't out of reach. If this is our darkest times, I'll take it. We really are spoiled fans tbh :lol and it's all because of #21.

From a nostalgia point of view, I wish he had come back for one more season. From a basketball perspective, the wheels had fallen off and he had nothing left to give. It's better to leave a year too early than a year too late (Kevin Garnett). And when you get a whiff of the live corpse coming off the bench chasing dollars signs, you'll have even more respect for TD.

ElNono
07-11-2016, 07:18 PM
Supremely disappointed in the last one. That shit was garbage.

Absolutely. I still have most of the OKC and Heat games on DVR. Thank god for Youtube too, tbh

BillMc
07-11-2016, 07:20 PM

Great post!:bobo

tholdren
07-11-2016, 07:31 PM
Hopefully you die after the jump from the cliff. I would hate for you to be able to post again in such cry havoc fashion

AFBlue
07-11-2016, 07:41 PM

:lol Well done. Terribly awesome.

EVAY
07-11-2016, 07:44 PM

Pretty much sums it up...but your first sentence is soooooo telling.

No one that I see on the current team can be anywhere near the leader Tim was, because no single player on the team now has the respect of all others in the way that Tim had.

I will still watch and cheer and hope for the best.

But what I will be looking for, in order for the Spurs to get past round 2, is an effective leader.

lefty20
07-11-2016, 07:47 PM
Nice reverse jinx thread OP

Chucho
07-11-2016, 07:53 PM
I was dead serious about making a serious post here and engaging in real discussion and then you see these Lemmings threads everywhere and then you realize there isn't anything serious or authentic in regards to discussion here. Sadly, and sometimes not so sadly, this place is only good to be a closet racist and talk shit.

ElNono
07-11-2016, 07:57 PM
Hopefully you die after the jump from the cliff. I would hate for you to be able to post again in such cry havoc fashion

:lol I'm going to be here supporting whatever version of the Spurs comes next... I have nothing but love for the team, tbh. Unlike you...

GSH
07-11-2016, 07:59 PM
I was dead serious about making a serious post here and engaging in real discussion and then you see these Lemmings threads everywhere and then you realize there isn't anything serious or authentic in regards to discussion here. Sadly, and sometimes not so sadly, this place is only good to be a closet racist and talk shit.

We all deal with grief in different ways, but yours is very negative.

dabom
07-11-2016, 09:22 PM
:lol I've been saying this since a season or two ago, tbh... I'm dead serious and don't be mad when you look back and realize "damn, this niglet knew what he was talking about"... just PM me, it's all good.

I'm the first guy that wants to be wrong about this, tbh, I just don't see it, however...

I don't forget OP. I expect a whataburger of my choice and a sorry PM. Bookmarked.

Uriel
07-11-2016, 10:01 PM
They're unquestionably a top 4 team in the L, but more of a fringe contender, along with healthy Clippers tbh..
Top 4? :lol Who's #3?

ElNono
07-11-2016, 10:03 PM
I don't forget OP. I expect a whataburger of my choice and a sorry PM. Bookmarked.

fair enough, I don't welch, tbh

tmtcsc
07-11-2016, 10:24 PM
The Spurs will be back because of what Tim built.

SuperCam
07-11-2016, 10:44 PM

pacers look to contend tbh

Mugen
07-11-2016, 11:03 PM
pacers look to contend tbh

:lol Contend for what? the 5th seed?

HankChinaski
07-11-2016, 11:10 PM
This is title contending team. With each new season there are pluses and minuses to be had with the changes or lack thereof in changes.

Team is grtting younger and more athletic. Losing Duncan is tough as a Spurs fan, but on paper what the Front Office have brought in so far this off season looks terrific on paper.

Training Camp and Preseason will paint an idea what they are looking at with cheap contracts to fill out holes at the bottom of the bench. Will have to wait till late December early January to paint a picture of this upcoming roster. I am liking what I am seeing and it builds hope for contending for a title. Not a sure thing but better than being a lottery team or the Milwaukee Bucks.

HankChinaski
07-11-2016, 11:12 PM
Grizzlies spent a lot of money this off season. But they are taking bets on Parsons and other additions. If they get those guys to gel and Gasol comes back healthy they will be a formidable team. Flawed but formidable.

pgardn
07-11-2016, 11:23 PM
:lol I'm going to be here supporting whatever version of the Spurs comes next... I have nothing but love for the team, tbh. Unlike you...

Kiss me you fool.

All you people outside of SA who hang with this team will receive a profound vision of rapturous consciousness upon your passing. I guarantee it.

Oh.

And Manu is back so we still got some leadership in a grounded personality.

Brian Windhorst
07-11-2016, 11:25 PM
:lol this board being patient
:lol ready to trade a 22 year old for cash considerations because he was bad against Kevin Durant

ElNono
07-11-2016, 11:52 PM
:lol this board being patient
:lol ready to trade a 22 year old for cash considerations because he was bad against Kevin Durant

:lol

HarlemHeat37
07-12-2016, 12:03 AM

Spurs or Cavs, but I could see the Clippers being in the mix, if healthy..

Spurminator
07-12-2016, 12:14 AM
We'll hover around 3-6 seed for a few years, fans will irrationally lose patience and assign a "choker" label to Gasol/Aldridge for not being Tim Duncan, and they will eventually call on Pop to retire after a first round exit.

After 19 years of being the most spoiled fans in the NBA, humility will take a few years to regain.

TheGoldStandard
07-12-2016, 12:15 AM
Spurs get the 2nd or 3rd and get to the Western Conference Finals.. they probably lose but it's a good way to build on the years after Tim..

Mikeanaro
07-12-2016, 01:07 AM
Let's be real though, the pieces we lost so far (Boris, Boban, West) didn't contribute much to our regular season success. Sure, Tim Duncan will be hugely missed for his defense and leadership, but I still see the Spurs at least contending. Of course, Golden State probably win the next two or three finals, but the Spurs are in no way tanking or rebuilding.
Easy there, they could not even win 2 in a row.

Spurtacular
07-12-2016, 01:09 AM

122 million views! I had forgotten about this song 'til I was about to post it. Then, I saw you had.

Mikeanaro
07-12-2016, 01:16 AM
We should never trade Paul George

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/4814826/christian-s-tantrum-o.gif

emanueldavidginobili
07-12-2016, 01:54 AM
The Spurs aren't officially contenders because 40 year old Tim Duncan retired? We have one of the top 5 players in the world. Who knows how much better Kawhi is going to be this upcoming season. The Spurs will be a top 3-4 team in the NBA.

cutewizard
07-12-2016, 07:28 AM

-------------------------------------------------------------

Plus Pau Gasol, who arguably is the best player born outside the US