Mr. Body
07-11-2016, 12:47 PM
Um...

Canyonero
07-11-2016, 12:48 PM
What if Spurs win 49 and ring?

HarlemHeat37
:lol if the Spurs don't win 50 games in this shitty West, they should be contracted, tbh..should probably win 60 again..

south side spur
60 win season #2 seed in the West

Joseph Kony
07-11-2016, 12:51 PM
the entire league is trash minus a couple teams, Spurs will probably win 60 again easily :lol

Seventyniner
07-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Yes, the Spurs should be closer to 60 wins than 50. Less than 50 wins would likely mean that the Spurs had multiple major injuries.

offset formation
07-11-2016, 12:58 PM
the entire league is trash minus a couple teams, Spurs will probably win 60 again easily :lol

Not so sure we reach 60.

Blazers got better. Rockets got better. Mavs got better. TWolves got better. Jazz got better. Not to say anything about the East which got better across the board in most places.

None of those should seriously challenge the Spurs for #2, but we will likely lose several more games this year than last due to closer games.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Not so sure we reach 60.

Blazers got better. Rockets got better. Mavs got better. TWolves got better. Jazz got better. Not to say anything about the East which got better across the board in most places.

None of those should seriously challenge the Spurs for #2, but we will likely lose several more games this year than last due to closer games.

Mavs and Rockets are far from locks for improvement, tbh..I expect Houston to improve, but they didn't make any notable personnel moves..I don't see how Dallas improved, they're largely the same team as last year..both teams were below average, last season, so even if they slightly improve, it doesn't change much IMO..

Portland improved, but they were mediocre, last year..their personnel moves probably elevated them to above average..

Utah and Memphis should be better, but OKC will be significantly worse..

West should be a little better than last season, Spurs won't win 67 again, but they shouldn't have any problems winning 58-60 IMO..

Joseph Kony
07-11-2016, 01:23 PM
Not so sure we reach 60.

Blazers - Evan Turner sucks, added Ezeli who was atrocious in the finals, not a great team to begin with
Mavs - Bogut and Barnes are not significant upgrades to an already meh roster. Barnes isn't even good and Zaza for Bogut is a lateral move
Twolves - Stilll a lottery team/fringe playoff team
Jazz - agree, they got better
Houston - Gordon/Anderson isn't a massive upgrade if one at all over losing their starting C and only defensive player

I know you didnt say they would challenge us but still I don't think any of those teams minus Utah got better and OKC got much worse also

Poolboy5623
07-11-2016, 01:31 PM
Spurs could hit 50, w/o kawhi. wtf are you talking about?

Raven
07-11-2016, 01:38 PM
Not so sure we reach 60.

:lol

offset formation
07-11-2016, 09:17 PM
:lol

I think addition by subtraction. Plus they added a super hustler in Nene to replace Dwert. Dwert wasn't a hustler.

And don't forget they get last year's 1st rounder that never played due to injury back in Dekker. And they have another scorer to compliment the Beard in Gordon.

I think they are clearly better.

We're going to see if they are better and you can laugh again if you're right. I think.I am.

Raven
07-12-2016, 01:30 AM
I think addition by subtraction. Plus they added a super hustler in Nene to replace Dwert. Dwert wasn't a hustler.

And don't forget they get last year's 1st rounder that never played due to injury back in Dekker. And they have another scorer to compliment the Beard in Gordon.

I think they are clearly better.

We're going to see if they are better and you can laugh again if you're right. I think.I am.

they have regressed massively just by hiring the worst coach in the world.

aal04
07-12-2016, 03:17 AM
65 wins and the farthest we have ever been from the ring since preDuncan

Mikeanaro
07-12-2016, 04:09 AM
If Lakers cant win 18 games that means D Snitch is not a true leader.

DeRozan m8
07-12-2016, 06:02 AM
A Duncan overreaction thread.

cutewizard
07-12-2016, 07:03 AM
If everyone jells even tying 67 can be possible.......

MVPCues
07-12-2016, 07:22 AM
... then it was another shortened season.

(geez people...)

Does everyone truly think the entire organization is going to cave? I know the bench turnover is huge, but they underperformed in a lot of games last year anyway. If anything the team will be motivated for the 1st year without Timmy. Timmy will not want to see the team drop off a cliff and the team will not want to disappoint him. I'm not expecting a chip, but these 6th seed in the west and < 50 wins predictions are gloom and doom. Put your big boy pants on people.

kaji157
07-12-2016, 08:38 AM
In some way i agree with the OP if the Spurs cannot hit 50 in this state of the west then Kawhi is not a viable option as a cornerstone.

Because the league is weak and our roster, with flaws, is quite complete.

GSH
07-12-2016, 08:58 AM
You either like binary, or you don't.