PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: are watcheable again

GenuineLakerfan
07-11-2016, 05:51 PM
The game against the 76ers showed me what this years Lakers are about, just having fun and growing with a coach that understands his role. Goodbye to Kobe and Byron who were only clogging development.

They aren't doing anything special this year but this young core has been fun to watch. This team has not been easy on the eyes since 2011 but I think this might be the team that makes it worth while.

Any of my Laker buddies agree with me?

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Last year's Lakers were very watchable, tbh, they were a top 3-5 most entertaining team in the league IMO..can't see them being more entertaining than that for a while, unless they get Westbrook..

GenuineLakerfan
07-11-2016, 05:55 PM
Last year's Lakers were very watchable, tbh, they were a top 3-5 most entertaining team in the league IMO..can't see them being more entertaining than that for a while, unless they get Westbrook..

How were the Lakers watchable last year unless you were enjoying their down fall?

Killakobe81
07-11-2016, 06:00 PM
The game against the 76ers showed me what this years Lakers are about, just having fun and growing with a coach that understands his role. Goodbye to Kobe and Byron who were only clogging development.

They aren't doing anything special this year but this young core has been fun to watch. This team has not been easy on the eyes since 2011 but I think this might be the team that makes it worth while.

Any of my Laker buddies agree with me?

I agree.
Although I enjoyed "60"
Kobe should have retired with the Achilles.

Nance is probably one of the more "spur like guys" in the league.
Hustles.
Good team-mate.
Unselfish.
Druss ego is to Kobe like but I love how hard he clarkson and randle have worked.
Posting workout snippets almost daily.

I dont know why the media is painting all Laker fans with the same brush.
I would rather watch this young team then us pay Conley and Parsons (two rumored targets) what the Grizz did ...
They will be better than us for the next two years ...easily.
I think by year 3 we will be happy we did not.

Thebesteva
07-11-2016, 06:03 PM
I agree.
Although I enjoyed "60"
Kobe should have retired with the Achilles.

Nance is probably one of the more "spur like guys" in the league.
Hustles.
Good team-mate.
Unselfish.
Druss ego is to Kobe like but I love how hard he clarkson and randle have worked.
Posting workout snippets almost daily.

I dont know why the media is painting all Laker fans with the same brush.
I would rather watch this young team then us pay Conley and Parsons (two rumored targets) what the Grizz did ...
They will be better than us for the next two years ...easily.
I think by year 3 we will be happy we did not.

If we can somehow get Westbrook which wont happen...we're back in the game. Mitch has to channel his inner dictator

Killakobe81
07-11-2016, 06:03 PM
How were the Lakers watchable last year unless you were enjoying their down fall?

We werent not even Kobe until "60"
Oh and beating Golden state on nantional TV was cool
and I ALWYS enjoy beating the Celts.
Otherwise I dont remember any other wins.
Horrible year.

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2016, 06:08 PM

I wasn't enjoying their downfall, but tuning in to see how many shots Kobe would take and miss was must-watch TV, tbh..not to mention watching Byron Scott as a puppet, constantly taking shots at Russell and Randle:lol

offset formation
07-11-2016, 11:05 PM
If we can somehow get Westbrook which wont happen...we're back in the game. Mitch has to channel his inner dictator

Do it Mitch. Do it.

Raven
07-12-2016, 12:48 PM
they just scored 78 points with all their prospects playing big minutes against the worst team in summerleague

Killakobe81
07-12-2016, 01:05 PM
they just scored 78 points with all their prospects playing big minutes against the worst team in summerleague

Lol russell barely played in the 2nd half ... Nance played much less
Auguste didnt even get off the bench.
Ingram is a rookie.

Raven wants to hold on to the Russell is a bust card so bad ...
Well there is still Randle to hold out hope for ...

I get this is SL ...but russ wont bust.
He may never be the star "HE" thinks he is ...
but I think top 10 PG is possible.

Hell if he can make it to top 10 he can get a $130 million contract like conley.:lol

DMC
07-12-2016, 01:15 PM
We werent not even Kobe until "60"
Oh and beating Golden state on nantional TV was cool
and I ALWYS enjoy beating the Celts.
Otherwise I dont remember any other wins.
Horrible year.
Please folks, write your congressman imploring him to fund autism research.

DMC
07-12-2016, 01:16 PM
The past 4 years have been "must see TV" where Spurs fan and Lakers games are concerned.

Thread
07-12-2016, 01:24 PM
The past 4 years have been "must see TV" where Spurs fan and Lakers games are concerned.

Yep, your 1st 5th, now Duncan getting waived & stretched & robbing $5.6 million.

StrengthAndHonor
07-12-2016, 01:37 PM
D'Angelo is really fun to watch.

Raven
07-12-2016, 01:40 PM
Lol russell barely played in the 2nd half ... Nance played much less
Auguste didnt even get off the bench.
Ingram is a rookie.

Raven wants to hold on to the Russell is a bust card so bad ...
Well there is still Randle to hold out hope for ...

I get this is SL ...but russ wont bust.
He may never be the star "HE" thinks he is ...
but I think top 10 PG is possible.

Hell if he can make it to top 10 he can get a $130 million contract like conley.:lol
blatanly ignoring his 1ast 4to :lol.. the guy is simply using summerleague for himself, which is fine but it's affecting badly on ingram and on his own growth. His path towards eternal cancer has already started.

Killakobe81
07-12-2016, 02:49 PM
blatanly ignoring his 1ast 4to :lol.. the guy is simply using summerleague for himself, which is fine but it's affecting badly on ingram and on his own growth. His path towards eternal cancer has already started.

Maybe so but that is different than bust.
He wont so you are wrong.
I told you to give it time to both he and Randle ...I freely admitted Julius had me more worried.
Thing that is funny yall still focusing on 1st step and athleticism when your best player just showed you for most of 19 fucking years that this,game is about more than that.
Otherwise jr smith would be better than manu.
He jumps higher was the better natural athlete but shits on Jr Smith ...anyways

Raven
07-12-2016, 03:06 PM
Maybe so but that is different than bust.
He wont so you are wrong.
I told you to give it time to both he and Randle ...I freely admitted Julius had me more worried.
Thing that is funny yall still focusing on 1st step and athleticism when your best player just showed you for most of 19 fucking years that this,game is about more than that.
Otherwise jr smith would be better than manu.
He jumps higher was the better natural athlete but shits on Jr Smith ...anyways

not sure what your point is, dbust has below average athleticism and he is showing cancer level intangibles.. Frankly, I don't see what's left. He already is an undeniable bust and I stress the word undeniable. Everything that he was advertised for, was wrong and all the negatives are there with more than expected.

Chucho
07-12-2016, 03:12 PM
http://cdn6.lethow.com/wb-content/uploads/2014/11/How-to-Remove-Blood-Stains-Mattress-Carpet-Sheets-Clothes.jpghttp://cdn6.lethow.com/wb-content/uploads/2014/11/How-to-Remove-Blood-Stains-Mattress-Carpet-Sheets-Clothes.jpghttp://cdn6.lethow.com/wb-content/uploads/2014/11/How-to-Remove-Blood-Stains-Mattress-Carpet-Sheets-Clothes.jpghttp://cdn6.lethow.com/wb-content/uploads/2014/11/How-to-Remove-Blood-Stains-Mattress-Carpet-Sheets-Clothes.jpghttp://cdn6.lethow.com/wb-content/uploads/2014/11/How-to-Remove-Blood-Stains-Mattress-Carpet-Sheets-Clothes.jpghttp://cdn6.lethow.com/wb-content/uploads/2014/11/How-to-Remove-Blood-Stains-Mattress-Carpet-Sheets-Clothes.jpghttp://cdn6.lethow.com/wb-content/uploads/2014/11/How-to-Remove-Blood-Stains-Mattress-Carpet-Sheets-Clothes.jpghttp://cdn6.lethow.com/wb-content/uploads/2014/11/How-to-Remove-Blood-Stains-Mattress-Carpet-Sheets-Clothes.jpghttp://cdn6.lethow.com/wb-content/uploads/2014/11/How-to-Remove-Blood-Stains-Mattress-Carpet-Sheets-Clothes.jpghttp://cdn6.lethow.com/wb-content/uploads/2014/11/How-to-Remove-Blood-Stains-Mattress-Carpet-Sheets-Clothes.jpg

StrengthAndHonor
07-12-2016, 03:13 PM
I can't understand why people are always harping about his athleticism, as if ball handling skills, court IQ and craftiness are not factors that should be accounted for point guards :lol

Raven
07-12-2016, 03:15 PM
I can't understand why people are always harping about his athleticism, as if ball handling skills, court IQ and craftiness are not factors that should be accounted for point guards :lol

because he sucks in all of them and athleticism is less debatable?

Killakobe81
07-12-2016, 03:31 PM
not sure what your point is, dbust has below average athleticism and he is showing cancer level intangibles.. Frankly, I don't see what's left. He already is an undeniable bust and I stress the word undeniable. Everything that he was advertised for, was wrong and all the negatives are there with more than expected.

I'll give you this ... you go down with the ship ...:lol
He does not have below average athleticism ...he is not elite far from it and that was a knock that scouts pointed to.
Yet his passing/shooting and rebounding for his position are all considered well above average.

Here was a draft preview:

t's the "We were competing" line that stood out. Competing with Chris Paul? "Yeah."
That would sound cocky except five other people that saw it in the gym the past week in Thousand Oaks said the same thing. Not better than Chris Paul. But competing.
Tell him he's unathletic and he calmly, after an on-the-court basketball workout and weight-lifting session, has the staff put up the vertical jump apparatus.
First jump. A standing vert. 30.5 inches. Not bad. O.J. Mayo, Andre Iguodala and Jeff Teague measured the same in past draft combines.
Onto the max vertical where players get a three-step start. First jump. 37 inches. Very good. Russell Westbrook measured a 36.5-inch vertical at the combine.
He's not done. Russell wants to try again.
Second try. 37.5 inches. Brandon Knight hit that mark in 2011.
Now Karl-Anthony Towns is egging him on. All of us are gathered around. The competitive juices are flowing. Third jump. 39 inches. That's the number John Wall hit in 2010. John Wall.
He doesn't say anything as he walks back to the group. But the body language says everything. "Unathletic?"
Like I said, underrated.
When the competitive juices start flowing, that's when Russell comes out to play. That's why seeing him in a workout setting like I saw Monday in Thousand Oaks can be a bit deceiving.
All the tools are still there. The silky smooth jumper. The elite ball handling skills for a player his size. The crafty footwork, hesitations and floaters.
From an offensive point of view, there isn't a more complete guard in the draft. Russell is equally adept at stroking the long ball and getting to the basket. He shot 62 percent at the rim this season and 41 percent from 3, according to Hoops-Math.com.
But what makes Russell an elite prospect worthy of the No. 1 pick in the draft is something that's hard to see in a workout setting like this. He sees the game, the floor and his teammates as well as anyone in the draft.
He might have the body and skills of a shooting guard. But he sees the game like a point guard.
"He asks the best questions," Don MacLean, a former NBA player says about Russell. "Most guys come in here and their questions are basic. He's asking graduate school questions. He constantly trying to figure out how to get an advantage."
In drills, he's obviously talented. But it's in the 5-on-5 that he shines.
"He's the most creative passer in the draft," one GM said. "He sees things developing before the rest of us do."
He means plays like this one against Northwestern.

Devin booker aint lightning quick either ...and he may end up being better than Russell.
We will see.
I just find it funny that many here prefer Mudiay for his athleticism over russ and Booker but shit on westbrook 24/7.

StrengthAndHonor
07-12-2016, 03:57 PM
because he sucks in all of them and athleticism is less debatable?
:lmao

Killakobe81
07-12-2016, 04:18 PM

That raven, Sure is funny.
I wonder if he makes these type of snap judgments on Kyle "slow mo" Anderson ...

Raven
07-12-2016, 04:24 PM

well, I dare you to say I'm wrong about it.

StrengthAndHonor
07-12-2016, 04:27 PM
That raven, Sure is funny.
I wonder if he makes these type of snap judgments on Kyle "slow mo" Anderson ...
Ive always thought he prefers the idea of trolling anyway...

Killakobe81
07-12-2016, 04:31 PM
Ive always thought he prefers the idea of trolling anyway...

I guess.
honestly I take leaps of faith ...
I think I have seen enough of Anthony Brown to say he sucks.
I also think Brice johnson will be a steal for the Clips.
Not a KAT like star but I think he will be better than Matt barnes, Mbutah, Wes Johnson etc that the Clips have played at Forward.
Not sure he can be a starting 4 or 3 but as a small ball 4 he should be fine off the bench.
I think CP3 finds him for easy buckets problem is he will probably play with Crawford and Rivers more ...

StrengthAndHonor
07-12-2016, 04:42 PM
I guess.
honestly I take leaps of faith ...
I think I have seen enough of Anthony Brown to say he sucks.
I also think Brice johnson will be a steal for the Clips.
Not a KAT like star but I think he will be better than Matt barnes, Mbutah, etc that the Clips have played at Forward.
Not sure he can be a starting 4 or 3 but as a small ball 4 he should be fine off the bench.
I think CP# finds him for easy buckets problem is he will probably play with Crawford and Rivers more ...

Brice is really a good pick up and I agree with you. He's a CP3 guy, that's for sure. Johnson is a great finisher off cuts.

Raven
07-12-2016, 04:45 PM
Devin booker aint lightning quick either ...and he may end up being better than Russell.
We will see.
I just find it funny that many here prefer Mudiay for his athleticism over russ and Booker but shit on westbrook 24/7.
well, that's actually really easy to answer. It's a matter of potential. There are things you can teach and things you can't. If someone sucks today, but has the tools, you can bet on the guy and hope he gets better. If the guy is decent but doesn't have the tools, it's iffy, if the guy is awful and doesn't even have the tools, like russell, why would you invest in him? It's just bad business. And honestly, I don't think there is anybody who would take Mudiay over Booker at this point.

Killakobe81
07-12-2016, 04:45 PM
BTW Draft express on Booker

While Booker may not possess superstar potential, he also comes with very little risk, as it will be very very surprising if he doesn't end up developing into at least a solid NBA player. At age 18, as the youngest player who will hear his name called on draft night, and someone who is younger than many of the players who participated in this year's McDonald's All-American game, there is plenty of room for him to continue to improve despite not possessing incredible physical tools or upside.

Like I said athelticism isnt everything.
I dont hate Mudiay but no way I take him over Devin Booker.
Mudiay can jump higher, run faster has the better first step ...

And I agree on Brice's smarts and ability to cut.

Killakobe81
07-12-2016, 04:47 PM
well, that's actually really easy to answer. It's a matter of potential. There are things you can teach and things you can't. If someone sucks today, but has the tools, you can bet on the guy and hope he gets better. If the guy is decent but doesn't have the tools, it's iffy, if the guy is awful and doesn't even have the tools, like russell, why would you invest in him? It's just bad business. And honestly, I don't think there is anybody who would take Mudiay over Booker at this point.

But not at the draft.
Many aid Mudiay should have went #2 over Russ or at least #3 behind Kat and Oak ..
And your point still sucks because the fact is I think both of the non explosive guards will be better than the explosive ones.

Raven
07-12-2016, 04:53 PM
But not at the draft.
Many aid Mudiay should have went #2 over Russ or at least #3 behind Kat and Oak ..
And your point still sucks because the fact is I think both of the non explosive guards will be better than the explosive ones.

why does it matter though? I mean, what matters is who got the best value out of their pick. Well going with a guard in that draft was a fire worthy move in the first place..

DMC
07-12-2016, 07:59 PM
Yep, your 1st 5th, now Duncan getting waived & stretched & robbing $5.6 million.
Lakers missing the playoffs 4 years in a row, Kobe robbing 50 million and quitting, Randle... Lin...Byron Scott, Mike D.. priceless.

Thread
07-12-2016, 08:50 PM
Lakers missing the playoffs 4 years in a row, Kobe robbing 50 million and quitting, Randle... Lin...Byron Scott, Mike D.. priceless.

They were selling your shit.

Nothing trumps that.

Killakobe81
07-12-2016, 10:17 PM

The worst team in SL just beat Simmons and 3 of their regulars
Damn Raven on fire with his sports takes on young players and rookies.

StrengthAndHonor
07-12-2016, 10:23 PM
Damn Raven on fire with his sports,takes on young pmayers and rookies.

:lol...

offset formation
07-12-2016, 10:37 PM

Nothing trumps that.

Where's that 2004 lakers nba champions paraphernalia pic when you need it?

DMC
07-12-2016, 10:39 PM

Nothing trumps that.
The rest of Lakerland disagrees. They are up in arms over the impending seasonal doom and Timofey lolzgof. Hey you got your own Timmay!

DMC
07-12-2016, 10:47 PM
Damn Raven on fire with his sports,takes on young pmayers and rookies.
You think SL teams are focused on winning games? lol

Thread
07-12-2016, 11:08 PM
The rest of Lakerland disagrees. They are up in arms over the impending seasonal doom and Timofey lolzgof. Hey you got your own Timmay!

DMC
07-13-2016, 10:42 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/51/54/58/515458e860ecdb43a9661e274c000cc7.jpg

poeticism707
07-13-2016, 05:44 PM

:rollin :rollin :rollin

cobbler
07-13-2016, 06:35 PM

Blah blah blah blah. After all the smoke settles and all the grade school bickering ceases it all boils down to...

http://i.imgur.com/SDdquXs.jpg

Splits
07-13-2016, 07:14 PM
Blah blah blah blah. After all the smoke settles and all the grade school bickering ceases it all boils down to...

Funny how you don't hang those 5 banners stolen from Minny.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/11/Lakersbannersretired2.jpg

also :lol "world" champions

07-13-2016, 07:22 PM

cobbler
07-13-2016, 07:42 PM
Funny how you don't hang those 5 banners stolen from Minny.
[/IMG]

Apparently you have never been to Staples, have very bad eyes, or are just plain ignorant. The blue banner shows all 5 of the Minny titles and the blue banner under the jerseys honors the five Hall of Famers who played on those teams. George Mikan, Slater Martin, Jim Pollard, Vern Mikkelsen and Clyde Lovellette and their Hall of Fame coach, John Kundla. And all were attending the unveiling. I was there. Nobody was robbed of anything.

If the best you have in a reply to 16 > 5 is the wording on a banner then hey you win the banner prose award! :clap Apparently you missed the "After all the smoke settles and all the grade school bickering ceases" part.

Ball Buster
07-13-2016, 07:52 PM
:lol Splits getting his shit pushed in per usual

Splits
07-13-2016, 08:04 PM
Apparently you have never been to Staples, have very bad eyes, or are just plain ignorant. The blue banner shows all 5 of the Minny titles and the blue banner under the jerseys honors the five Hall of Famers who played on those teams. George Mikan, Slater Martin, Jim Pollard, Vern Mikkelsen and Clyde Lovellette and their Hall of Fame coach, John Kundla. And all were attending the unveiling. I was there. Nobody was robbed of anything.

If the best you have in a reply to 16 > 5 is the wording on a banner then hey you win the banner prose award! :clap Apparently you missed the "After all the smoke settles and all the grade school bickering ceases" part.

Why are those 5 stolen banners not hung individually? Why is it a different color? Why do I count 12, not 16?

Also :lol "world" champions

cobbler
07-13-2016, 08:12 PM
Apparently you have never been to Staples, have very bad eyes, or are just plain ignorant.

Why are those 5 stolen banners not hung individually? Why is it a different color? Why do I count 12, not 16?

Also :lol "world" champions

Awwww, thanks for confirming, ignorant it is!

Splits
07-13-2016, 08:14 PM
Ignorant it is!

Go ahead and modify your scale picture to reflect what is depicted in staples. Remove 4, turn one of them blue. Easy!

cobbler
07-13-2016, 08:23 PM
Go ahead and modify your scale picture to reflect what is depicted in staples. Remove 4, turn one of them blue. Easy!

Or hey, I'll just remove the Minny 5 altogether. And you know what? I'm in a giving mood. I'll toss away the entire Magic era. Another team, by the way, that managed to repeat. :)

Oh look, the scale still leans toward the P&G.

DMC
07-14-2016, 12:18 AM

You can't reach either side.

cobbler
07-14-2016, 01:18 AM
You can't reach either side.

Your capitulation is duly noted.

DMC
07-14-2016, 08:04 AM
Or hey, I'll just remove the Minny 5 altogether. And you know what? I'm in a giving mood. I'll toss away the entire Magic era. Another team, by the way, that managed to repeat. :)

Oh look, the scale still leans toward the P&G.
It did before you were lifted onto the bandwagon.

Killakobe81
07-14-2016, 08:32 AM
:lol Splits getting his shit pushed in per usual

More than usual tbh ...

cobbler
07-14-2016, 09:17 AM
It did before you were lifted onto the bandwagon.

Was riding on that wagon long before your team was even conceived in Dallas. Go figure.

Thread
07-14-2016, 01:05 PM
Was riding on that wagon long before your team was even conceived in Dallas. Go figure.

Damn, Cobby just pile drove D into the canvas.

LMAO!!!