PDA

View Full Version : They let Tim down in 2015..

spursistan
07-11-2016, 06:05 PM
seriously, fuck everybody who took the year off after 5. From Pop, to Fat Ass Diaw, to Porky, to Splitter vagina...only Kawhi and Green--till Clippers series-- showed up ready for an encore all throughout the season..

It was so embarrassing that by the end of it all, a 39 yo was carrying scrubs like it 2003 all over again against the best front-line in the league...

2014/2015 was legit repeat season and a swansong: we matched up great against a Warriors team in their first WCF rodeo, a flawed Rockets team and a decimated Cavs..

dabom
07-11-2016, 06:06 PM
Patty shot .75TS%. Dude showed up.

timtonymanu
07-11-2016, 06:09 PM
Agreed. That was Tim's last good year. But Pop just wanted to grow out his beard and talk up his "system". Diaw got fat and lazy. Parker got fat. Disgraceful, tbh.

Chillen
07-11-2016, 06:13 PM
To make matters worse that same Clippers team lost to the Rockets after being up 3-1 on them in the 2nd round. Still think the Spurs were the better team, but they got outplayed that series.

Darius Bieber
07-11-2016, 06:14 PM
Yep. No way to payback a legend who could have easily gone to Orlando to form a superteam, ala Durant. Could have won infinitely more titles there.

spursistan
07-11-2016, 06:15 PM
Agreed. That was Tim's last good year. But Pop just wanted to grow out his beard and talk up his "system". Diaw got fat and lazy. Parker got fat. Disgraceful, tbh.
Fuck'em..One regular season game was the difference between us being WCF-bound and 1st Round exit..Duncan was putting a 30-point game and bloc-sealing win in a curcial seeding game (@Houston) while these two turds spent the season coasting and getting fat..

kobyz
07-11-2016, 06:19 PM
It was the losing atmosphere that people on this site broght, saying all the time "after 5 I'm goog for life" "anything more is greedy", etc... those vanilla fans should be ashame, that mentality costs us, i warn it from that start!

HarlemHeat37
07-11-2016, 06:20 PM
It was the losing atmosphere that people on this sith broght, saying all the time "after 5 I'm goog for life" "anything more is greedy", etc... those vanilla fans should be ashame, that mentality costs us but i warn it from that start!

You also doubted the team and said they had no chance to beat Miami in 2014, you piece of shit, terrible fan..no belief in the team..

Joseph Kony
07-11-2016, 06:21 PM
It was the losing atmosphere that people on this sith broght, saying all the time "after 5 I'm goog for life" "anything more is greedy", etc... those vanilla fans should be ashame, that mentality costs us, i warn it from that start!

:cry pop ruined my life :cry

kobyz
07-11-2016, 06:23 PM
:cry pop ruined my life :cry

Yes

RD2191
07-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Tbb more like fuck Pop. No doubt in my mind we win that series if Pop doesn't play Porker/Mills with Cojo rotting on the bench. Auscrub Rivers killed Mills.

kobyz
07-11-2016, 06:31 PM
You also doubted the team and said they had no chance to beat Miami in 2014, you piece of shit, terrible fan..no belief in the team..

That was great motivation, wake up call and reverse jinx move by me, enjoy: http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=234922

spursistan
07-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Tbb more like fuck Pop. No doubt in my mind we win that series if Pop doesn't play Porker/Mills with Cojo rotting on the bench. Auscrub Rivers killed Mills.
IMO the season was lost in the 82 games prior to that series..the whole mentality around the team except for Tim/KL/DG reeked of contentment after 5..the Clippers series and title was forfeited in the embarrassing defeats to Knicks and Pistons and many other shitty reg season Ls..

HI-FI
07-11-2016, 06:36 PM
IMO the season was lost in the 82 games prior to that series..the whole mentality around the team except for Tim/KL/DG reeked of contentment after 5..the Clippers series and title was forfetited in the embarrassing defeats to Knicks and Pistons and many other shitty reg season Ls..
this. When Langston Galloway ran a train on Parker it was a sign of things to come. Still Pop should've played CoJo more, but Pop was most likely satiated after 5.

timtonymanu
07-11-2016, 06:41 PM
IMO the season was lost in the 82 games prior to that series..the whole mentality around the team except for Tim/KL/DG reeked of contentment after 5..the Clippers series and title was forfeited in the embarrassing defeats to Knicks and Pistons and many other shitty reg season Ls..

Tbh, I thought Manu played hard in that December stretch, but his legs just gave out by the playoffs.

TheGreatYacht
07-11-2016, 06:51 PM
Manu and Pop let Tim down in 2013. In case y'all forgot.

SuperCam
07-11-2016, 07:00 PM
matt barnes sonning kiwi, smh

dylankerouac
07-11-2016, 08:33 PM
Fuck'em..One regular season game was the difference between us being WCF-bound and 1st Round exit..Duncan was putting a 30-point game and bloc-sealing win in a curcial seeding game (@Houston) while these two turds spent the season coasting and getting fat..

Yeah, but how many games were blown by Pop taking it during the first seventy five percent of the season?

dylankerouac
07-11-2016, 08:37 PM
Besides, at the end of the season all the Western teams were fighting for playoff position which led to New Orleans beating the Spurs in their last game which I also think led to NO's playoff birth.

All teams going into that playoff, especially the Clippers were teams that had spent the last month or so getting into playoff shape with that mad dash to end the season.

elemento
07-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Sad thing is that if the Spurs played like 70% of 2014, they would have won it all again.

Pocho La Pantera
07-11-2016, 09:02 PM
Manu and Pop let Tim down in 2013. In case y'all forgot. you are so fucking boring.

YGWHI
07-11-2016, 09:17 PM
Still don't get how a future HOF coach couldn't solve the Clips double high screens issue. Or why he let the guy with the hot hand on the bench to play Parker...

Spurtacular
07-11-2016, 09:18 PM
seriously, fuck everybody who took the year off after 5. From Pop, to Fat Ass Diaw, to Porky, to Splitter vagina...only Kawhi and Green--till Clippers series-- showed up ready for an encore all throughout the season..

It was so embarrassing that by the end of it all, a 39 yo was carrying scrubs like it 2003 all over again against the best front-line in the league...

2014/2015 was legit repeat season and a swansong: we matched up great against a Warriors team in their first WCF rodeo, a flawed Rockets team and a decimated Cavs..

2.5/10

Mikeanaro
07-11-2016, 09:26 PM
Pop is the one to blame, got lazy and his stupid line up experiments ruined the series but yes some role players were barely recognizable...Boris Patty Tiago DG also Parker, Kawhi was ok but he wasnt the team saver doing his all like Rihanna Westbrook did for OKC.
These guys just hoped to be saved by TD and Manu when they were 80 years old combined.

dabom
07-11-2016, 09:32 PM
People keep saying Mills. What more do you ask of a fucking 1.5 mil role player? Go lights out every game? Even superstars can't do that.

Keepin' it real
07-11-2016, 09:33 PM
They let Tim down in 2015
https://mark.trademarkia.com/logo-images/vittling/sons-of-bitches-85533979.jpg

Tully365
07-11-2016, 09:47 PM
Have Spursistan and HarlemHeat ever disagreed on anything, tbh..:lol

It's almost like they're the same guy.. tbh.. :lol

They like to compliment one another too tbh..:lol and reference each other as "top posters":lol

They even use the same punctuation tbh..:lol

What are the odds, tbh..:lol

Prose
07-11-2016, 10:28 PM
AGREED! all season long i would get angry and be like "freaking spurs, again the only guy who showed up is Timmy, still carrying us 39"

HankChinaski
07-11-2016, 10:39 PM
You guys just don't understand the physical and emotional grind a basketball season has on players add that with the personal lives of each individual. Some people are built to compete year in and year out. That is Tim Duncan.

Games are lost. Mistakes are made. Drive isn't always there. You people bitch about these players yet you probably mail it in more with your day jobs more than these guys ever do.

Mugen
07-11-2016, 10:42 PM
It was the losing atmosphere that people on this site broght, saying all the time "after 5 I'm goog for life" "anything more is greedy", etc... those vanilla fans should be ashame, that mentality costs us, i warn it from that start!

:lol Yeah, fans being happy about the 2014 run is what made Tony Parker come into camp 20lbs overweight, Tiago to be hurt during the playoffs, and Pop get badly outcoached by Doc Rivers.

spurtech09
07-12-2016, 12:35 AM
Tim has 5 championships......how many more do you need......no need for this thread...

kobyz
07-12-2016, 12:57 AM
:lol Yeah, fans being happy about the 2014 run is what made Tony Parker come into camp 20lbs overweight, Tiago to be hurt during the playoffs, and Pop get badly outcoached by Doc Rivers.

Fans softness and bad mentality got into the team, fans didnt do their work, not showing the passion and nececery for another title, made bad atmosphere, made lack of hungriness, made the team and Pop being shitty all season and get the wrost first round match up that costs us the season...

J_Paco
07-12-2016, 02:37 AM
You guys just don't understand the physical and emotional grind a basketball season has on players add that with the personal lives of each individual. Some people are built to compete year in and year out. That is Tim Duncan.

Games are lost. Mistakes are made. Drive isn't always there. You people bitch about these players yet you probably mail it in more with your day jobs more than these guys ever do.

Truth.....

They just made back-to-back Finals appearances and a WCF appearance before that, so they (meaning Parker, Ginobili and Splitter in particular) were do to regress with all that wear and tear. Timmy gave his all and that sadly wasn't enough for them to beat the Clippers.

Oh well, they still gave me and countless Spur fans throughout the world memories we will cherish forever. Who would have thought we would be here after the '95 WCF?????

Thank you so much, Timothy Theodore Duncan.

Tully365
07-12-2016, 03:41 AM
Classless thread. So unDuncanlike.

cutewizard
07-12-2016, 07:02 AM
Duncan and the Spurs have won five titles!

At the end of the day, that's all that matters!

Tim shall always be with us, with those precious memories.

And now it is time to move on.

TheGreatYacht
07-12-2016, 07:42 AM
matt barnes sonning kiwi, smh

Pocho La Pantera
07-12-2016, 07:46 AM
5 rings, somebody helped him, I guess.

dbreiden83080
07-12-2016, 03:17 PM
2 straight years in the finals losing in game 7 in 2013. I think they were just wore out most of the year..

bic50
07-12-2016, 04:59 PM
Tim has 5 championships......how many more do you need......no need for this thread...

TD 21
07-12-2016, 05:39 PM
That team was spent from 3 straight deep runs. You could see it early in the season. Parker and especially Splitter were also playing injured in the playoffs. It just wasn't going to happen again, whether everyone had the dedication and focus of Duncan or not.

It's easy to forget how fortunate those 3 runs were, from Duncan's resurgence, to Parker, a decade in, going to another level, to Leonard's rapid ascent, to Diaw springing free, etc.

Chomag
07-12-2016, 06:18 PM
Player loyalty is probably the Spurs biggest weakness. It is what it is though it's how our FO rolles. It works great when your core is young and in their prime but after they become older player loyalty starts to become counter productive to improve and progress.