PDA

View Full Version : Celtics: Westbrook to Boston, sooner than later

StrengthAndHonor
07-13-2016, 12:30 PM
The Thunder have a history of being proactive with their personnel moves such as trading away James Harden, Reggie Jackson and Serge Ibaka.
"What I'm hearing here in Las Vegas from some GMs is that not only do they think Westbrook will be traded but it will be sooner rather than later. Probably before the season starts and the most likely destination right now is the Boston Celtics."
The Celtics are capable of making an offer to the Thunder without completely compromising their core.

oh crap
07-13-2016, 12:37 PM
who is that quote from? source?

MarCowMar
07-13-2016, 12:57 PM
Makes sense. His value is at an all time high and he always seems disgruntled. Maybe it's just his personality though?

apalisoc_9
07-13-2016, 12:57 PM
Yeah, Said it after Dominos made his decision..The Thunder lost westbrook when he denied an extension this year. They don't want another durant to happen so the best course of Action is to trade Westbrook before he signs with another team next year.

They need to at least get some decent assets before it's too late.

It also doesn't make sense to wait till February because you're risking your best trade asset by playing him meaningless regular season games when you know you're not winning anything this year.

Killakobe81
07-13-2016, 01:24 PM
Yeah, Said it after Dominos made his decision..The Thunder lost westbrook when he denied an extension this year. They don't want another durant to happen so the best course of Action is to trade Westbrook before he signs with another team next year.

They need to at least get some decent assets before it's too late.

It also doesn't make sense to wait till February because you're risking your best trade asset by playing him meaningless regular season games when you know you're not winning anything this year.

Plus the value and leverage diminish in February.
Plus you lose value of the players coming back if they have 2 years left on a cap friendly deal you lose half of one of those years ...

apalisoc_9
07-13-2016, 01:27 PM
The West is going to be so crappy next year if Westbrook leaves and plays in the east. :lol

DisAsTerBot
07-13-2016, 01:36 PM
westbrook leaving for the east has no impact on the competition level of the west tbh

apalisoc_9
07-13-2016, 01:37 PM
The thunder are still decent without Dominos. Probably a 45 win team or even 50 considering how much more shittier the west would be next year.

Will Hunting
07-13-2016, 01:39 PM
This is probably contingent on Westbrook agreeing to an extension with Boston at the time of the trade, which isn't happening.

Killakobe81
07-13-2016, 01:41 PM
The thunder are still decent without Dominos. Probably a 45 win team or even 50 considering how much more shittier the west would be next year.

This. if they adjust their play style (they lose so much spacing with durant gone) they can play an attack the rim style based off picks from Adams. they should invert their offense when Kanter plays with him playing a high post Pau role and Posting Westbrook more. I would slash Oladipo and have him cut behind that action ...as the secondary motion man ...

They need another floor spacer though ...

Thread
07-13-2016, 02:00 PM
This is probably contingent on Westbrook agreeing to an extension with Boston at the time of the trade, which isn't happening.

Yep. Westbrook is gonna go where he wants to go, do what he wants to do with whoever he wants to do it with. You don't understand, that a man like him can love only one team. 3,000 miles (from Boston --- give or take) that's how far he'll go.

Will Hunting
07-13-2016, 02:22 PM
Yep. Westbrook is gonna go where he wants to go, do what he wants to do with whoever he wants to do it with. You don't understand, that a man like him can love only one team. 3,000 miles (from Boston --- give or take) that's how far he'll go.

What do you think about the idea of Cleveland going after him? I think the combo of Lebron + Westbrook is the best available formula for matching up with GS, and that could be a team where he actually signs an extension.

Splits
07-13-2016, 02:23 PM

D'Bust, Nance, and that twig #2 pick for him, do you do it?

Thread
07-13-2016, 02:41 PM

Yes.

Killakobe81
07-13-2016, 02:44 PM
No. That was the Knicks mistake.
Only way yes if you are sending Mozgof's contract with it ...

StrengthAndHonor
07-13-2016, 02:57 PM
He's a FA..

offset formation
07-13-2016, 02:58 PM
Yes.

Lakers record before and after that trade?

StrengthAndHonor
07-13-2016, 02:59 PM
who is that quote from? source?

http://www.csnne.com/boston-celtics-russell-westbrook-most-likely-destination-oklahoma-city-thunder-nba-trade-rumors

Chris
07-13-2016, 03:00 PM
Why would the Celtics do that unless they have completely lost their faith in Isaiah Thomas who is the same age.

StrengthAndHonor
07-13-2016, 03:04 PM
Why would the Celtics do that unless they have completely lost their faith in Isaiah Thomas who is the same age.
It's Russell Westbrook

Splits
07-13-2016, 03:05 PM
He's a FA..

wut?

gambit1990
07-13-2016, 03:35 PM
What do you think about the idea of Cleveland going after him? I think the combo of Lebron + Westbrook is the best available formula for matching up with GS, and that could be a team where he actually signs an extension.
cavs should trade kyrie for westbrook. if it has to involve love then so be it.

StrengthAndHonor
07-13-2016, 03:35 PM
wut?
They shouldn't give much for him, he could leave the Lakers next year.

Splits
07-13-2016, 03:41 PM
They shouldn't give much for him, he could leave the Lakers next year.

The premise of Dale's question was that he only wanted to be a Laker, hence would re-sign.

spursistan
07-13-2016, 03:47 PM
Thunder have no leverage, tbh..Teams know he is goner in FA..if I'm Miami i would throw Dragic +1s round pick for Russ if they are confident he'll an sign extension though I still think Clippers/Lakers are the favorites to get him in 2017-- his own background and off court interests in fashion almost surely makes LA his logical next destination....

Killakobe81
07-13-2016, 04:12 PM
Thunder have no leverage, tbh..Teams know he is goner in FA..if I'm Miami i would throw Dragic +1s round pick for Russ if they are confident he'll an sign extension though I still think Clippers/Lakers are the favorites to get him in 2017-- his own background and off court interests in fashion almost surely makes LA his logical next destination....

NY would be in play as well ...
Doubt he would choose Clips unless Paul leaves ...a Kyrie/CP# trade would make some sense for both ...even though Paul is older. Once Lebron leaves Cavs will sucks anyways. He wont choose Lakers because we are still 2-3 years away from even being a legit playoff team much less a contender.Him coming now wont change that he could maybe pull us to an 8th seed but then durant and steph would drop a steaming wet deuce on us anyways.

ducks
07-13-2016, 04:25 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/13/report-thunder-looking-to-trade-russell-westbrook-soon-celtics-are-frontrunner/
link

RsxPiimp
07-13-2016, 04:46 PM
Doubt he would choose Clips unless Paul leaves ...a Kyrie/CP# trade would make some sense for both ...even though Paul is older. Once Lebron leaves Cavs will sucks anyways. He wont choose Lakers because we are still 2-3 years away from even being a legit playoff team much less a contender.Him coming now wont change that he could maybe pull us to an 8th seed but then durant and steph would drop a steaming wet deuce on us anyways.

I love westbrook but he's just going to impede the growth of ingram and Russell, he also plays the position as Clarkson. this lakers teams isn't the right fit for westbrook unless mitch trades the whole farm to win, like right now...

RsxPiimp
07-13-2016, 04:49 PM
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/early-lead/wp/2016/07/13/report-thunder-looking-to-trade-russell-westbrook-soon-celtics-are-frontrunner/
link
boston fans for some reason doesn't like the idea of adding westbrook as he could simply destroy a foundation that brad and danny built over the years. they seem to prefer cousins though for some weird reason lol followed by blake griffin

DMC
07-13-2016, 05:04 PM
Westbrook doesn't have much of a say in it, not contractually. He could be traded to the Raptors.

BatManu20
07-13-2016, 05:06 PM
Now he'll REALLY look like a Ninja Turtle.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnRqIopUMAAEoIJ?format=jpg&name=large

RsxPiimp
07-13-2016, 05:14 PM
Kevin Nesgoda ‏@KDN4
I’m hearing that the Westbrook to Boston deal is basically in place and now just waiting on the final details to be worked out.

spursistan
07-13-2016, 05:36 PM
Part of the urge to get him if he wants to come is for the Lakers to buck the trend of marquee FAs shunning them for half decade now (yeah it is not all Kobe)..you don't want to be Dallas 2.0, no?

2016-2017 will give the Lakers another year to evaluate the ceiling of this young core..If no promise is shown by D'Angelo/Randle i would go the trade route..Getting Russ is a first step to potentially luring a (disgruntled) Cousins/Paul George etc in couple of years from now..

spursistan
07-13-2016, 05:56 PM
I think the Clippers core will get broken up next summer if they don't make the WCF (Doc included)..that's why that race for 2nd seed is going to be crucial in the West..If the Warriors stumble out of the block the Spurs should even go after top seed and let GSW/LAC duke it out in 2nd Round..

Mark Celibate
07-14-2016, 06:42 AM
The west will be what the East was in the first half of 2010s imho. Warriors dominated last season and it's supposedly gonna be further exaggerated next season, I think they're gonna break their own record unless a key player breaks an ankle or something.

Killakobe81
07-14-2016, 06:52 AM
Part of the urge to get him if he wants to come is for the Lakers to buck the trend of marquee FAs shunning them for half decade now (yeah it is not all Kobe)..you don't want to be Dallas 2.0, no?

2016-2017 will give the Lakers another year to evaluate the ceiling of this young core..If no promise is shown by D'Angelo/Randle i would go the trade route..Getting Russ is a first step to potentially luring a (disgruntled) Cousins/Paul George etc in couple of years from now..

But you cant trade for him unless he promises to stay but if i were him I wouldnt do that. Of course i would trade druss for Westbrook who wouldnt?! But dont think he will sign here
I think all the talk is just bullshit..
I do hope Celts trade for him and he walks giving up smart and Jaylen Brown and a future 1st ...

Mark Celibate
07-14-2016, 06:56 AM
The frog brothers of Isiah and Westbrook on the backcourt would be fun to watch tbh.

Thread
07-14-2016, 07:43 AM
He'd never go there in a million years.

Splits
07-14-2016, 07:44 AM
18 coming before 12, that's fuckin' for sure.

Thread
07-14-2016, 07:44 AM

Mornin', Shits.

Splits
07-14-2016, 07:50 AM
Mornin', Shits.

Go back to sleep, old man.

djohn2oo8
07-14-2016, 09:22 AM
He'd never go there in a million years.

I agree. Plus, he won't decide until he is a free agent.

djohn2oo8
07-14-2016, 09:23 AM
And not a second sooner.

Killakobe81
07-14-2016, 09:45 AM

Westbrok couldnt win a title with Durant but now he is gonna ring with Al Horford ...against Lebron? Against State?

And Lakers are sitting on 16's not 11
Not only can you not read but now you cant count either ...:lol

If it helps count the shiny gold things in my sig.
Use your fingers and toes if it helps ...:toast

http://www.landofbasketball.com/championships/summary_of_winners.htm

http://nba-teams.pointafter.com/q/1/2619/How-many-championships-have-the-Lakers-won

http://www.nba.com/lakers/history/season_by_season/

Splits
07-14-2016, 09:50 AM
Westbrok couldnt win a title with Durant but now he is gonna ring with Al Horford ...against Lebron? Against State?

And Lakers are sitting on 16's not 11
Not only can you not read but now you cant count either ...:lol

If it helps count the shiny gold things in my sig.
Use your fingers and toes if it helps ...:toast

http://www.landofbasketball.com/championships/summary_of_winners.htm

http://nba-teams.pointafter.com/q/1/2619/How-many-championships-have-the-Lakers-won

http://www.nba.com/lakers/history/season_by_season/

Never said McChuck was going to put them over the top, just that Boston will hang banner 18 before Los Angeles hangs banner 12 (13 if you count that blue one).

Killakobe81
07-14-2016, 09:57 AM
Never said McChuck was going to put them over the top, just that Boston will hang banner 18 before Los Angeles hangs banner 12 (13 if you count that blue one).

Can I hold you to that?
When will we see #6?
Now that Timmy has moved on?

"Timmy's not walking through the door to save us anymore and now we're on our own." - R.C. Buford

Splits
07-14-2016, 10:17 AM
Can I hold you to that?
When will we see #6?

"Timmy's not walking through the door to save us anymore and now we're on our own." - R.C. Buford

Absolutely you can hold me to that. My Celts have built a solid foundation and have a bevy of incoming 1st rounders the next three years.

As for #6, tough to say. Depends mostly on development of Leonard and how high is his ceiling. Maybe we can tank in a few years and get Bol Bol or Shaq's son :lol

StrengthAndHonor
07-14-2016, 10:18 AM
Can I hold you to that?
When will we see #6?

I think the Clippers are closer to a championship than the Spurs right now.

Killakobe81
07-14-2016, 10:52 AM

I agree.
Paul and blake no matter their faults are legit stars.
Kiwi maybe a better two way player ...and they obviously have the better coach ...

But it's crazy that the Clips are more legit than spurs. Celts or Lakers ..
It's crazy just to type that

Killakobe81
07-14-2016, 10:53 AM
Absolutely you can hold me to that. My Celts have built a solid foundation and have a bevy of incoming 1st rounders the next three years.

As for #6, tough to say. Depends mostly on development of Leonard and how high is his ceiling. Maybe we can tank in a few years and get Bol Bol or Shaq's son :lol

I think Stevens is more valuable than most of those picks ...only the Net ones have any real value tbh ...

Splits
07-14-2016, 10:55 AM
I agree.
Paul and blake no matter their faults are legit stars.
Kiwi maybe a better two way player ...and they obviously have the better coach ...

But it's crazy that the Clips are more legit than spurs. Celts or Lakers ..
It's crazy just to type that

Not what Vegas says

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnVZhPMXYAAk6iE.jpg

Killakobe81
07-14-2016, 10:58 AM
Not what Vegas says

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CnVZhPMXYAAk6iE.jpg

Vegas.
Fuck vegas
How many single superstar teams have won a title?

Love Kiwi he really elevated his game (though he is not the 2nd best player in the league)
But I call bullshit on them being any better than 3rd or 4th best team even if their record just like this year says otherwise.

baseline bum
07-14-2016, 11:01 AM

I do think the Clippers should easily be the 2 seed this year. If reasonably healthy they should win 60 games, while that might be the Spurs absolute ceiling (I think they'll finish around 55 wins). And Jordan on the glass is going to be a really tough matchup for them. But Reddick will have to be on fire from the three for them to have much of a chance at Golden State, gotta make the splash brothers have to play some defense.

StrengthAndHonor
07-14-2016, 11:02 AM
Come on Splits, the same Vegas odds that picked the Spurs over Clippers in 2015..smh

cobbler
07-14-2016, 11:07 AM
Westbrook doesn't have much of a say in it, not contractually. He could be traded to the Raptors.

Raptors(or any other team): "Were going to trade for you Russell. We have all the assets to make it happen. You are our guy!"

Westbrook: "That is your prerogative but I will not resign with you the following year. I am going to test the FA market and you are not a team I am interested in."

Raptors: "Whatever Russell, you don't have much say in the matter."

StrengthAndHonor
07-14-2016, 11:08 AM
I do think the Clippers should easily be the 2 seed this year. If reasonably healthy they should win 60 games, while that might be the Spurs absolute ceiling (I think they'll finish around 55 wins). And Jordan on the glass is going to be a really tough matchup for them. But Reddick will have to be on fire from the three for them to have much of a chance at Golden State, gotta make the splash brothers have to play some defense.

Reddick has been so instrumental for the Clippers, its
mind boggling but in some stretches during Griffins absence, he was the Clippers second offensive option and he handled his role better than anyone could imagine.

I do think the ship has sailed, our window of opportunity has closed in 2015. We have the same core while the rest of the competition has improved.

RsxPiimp
07-14-2016, 11:25 AM
even if he's laker bound, I'm not sure i even want him, 29 y/0 guard that relies on pure athleticism.

Killakobe81
07-14-2016, 11:33 AM
even if he's laker bound, I'm not sure i even want him, 29 y/0 guard that relies on pure athleticism.

if he comes as a FA you take him because he can carry the load and pressure while the youth develops.
I would not gut the team for him though ...

Killakobe81
07-14-2016, 11:34 AM
mind boggling but in some stretches during Griffins absence, he was the Clippers second offensive option and he handled his role better than anyone could imagine.

I do think the ship has sailed, our window of opportunity has closed in 2015. We have the same core while the rest of the competition has improved.

doubt you beat state or LeBron and co. but after that you should be 3rd best ...along with Spurs ...

Clipper Nation
07-14-2016, 11:47 AM

I like Redick, but I'd hesitate to call him "instrumental" until he shows up in the playoffs. His stats fall off a cliff in the postseason and he's good for a few vanishing acts per series.

RsxPiimp
07-14-2016, 02:09 PM
if he comes as a FA you take him because he can carry the load and pressure while the youth develops.
I would not gut the team for him though ...

its a slippery slope for me. bringing westbrook means the lakers have given up on the d'angelo . im willing to wait and roll the dice on ingram/russell/Clarkson for now.

ambchang
07-14-2016, 09:01 PM
Why would lakers want Westbrook. Won't be able to develop their young. Gets them to the first round at best, likely barely missing the playoffs.

TrainOfThought5
07-14-2016, 09:11 PM
The west will be what the East was in the first half of 2010s imho. Warriors dominated last season and it's supposedly gonna be further exaggerated next season, I think they're gonna break their own record unless a key player breaks an ankle or something.

I could see them only losing 7 games all season. Most western teams took a step back.