PDA

View Full Version : Honestly, how happy is Pop that Duncan retired?

kxs783kms
07-13-2016, 10:46 PM
I'm speaking strictly from a basketball point of view and not a personal relationship/friendship point of view. Obviously Pop would want Duncan to be around forever friendship wise but basketball wise, I think Pop was secretly happy that Duncan decided to call it quits. I say this because of the many games that Pop had Duncan on the bench in the closing minutes of some big games. It's evident that he saw Duncan was hurting us in some areas against some of the better teams (*like defensive PNR situations vs GS.*) So I honestly believe Pop was hoping Tim would call it quits this year, so he wouldn't have to leave him on the bench even more than this upcoming season because of his declining play. I would like to know your thoughts on this. Do you think Pop was secretly wishing he would retire after the season? I know he and the organization would let Tim play for 3 more years if he wanted to. But how many in the organization do you think were hoping time would call it quits?

skulls138
07-13-2016, 10:48 PM
Who cares, so negative man.

ElNono
07-13-2016, 10:49 PM
I'm pretty sure Pop was aware his good knee was busted, and that's why he had to sit him. Speaks volumes about the greatness of Tim that he would never bring up the injury to be used as an excuse.

I think if that knee got better, Pop would've absolutely loved to have him back. I know I do too.

GSH
07-13-2016, 10:49 PM
But how many in the organization do you think were hoping time would call it quits?

http://i.imgur.com/niFg1oH.gif

kxs783kms
07-13-2016, 10:51 PM
I'm pretty sure Pop was aware his good knee was busted, and that's why he had to sit him. Speaks volumes about the greatness of Tim that he would never bring up the injury to be used as an excuse.

I think if that knee got better, Pop would've absolutely loved to have him back. I know I do too.

Me too. I just hate to see the GOAT out there limping like that. Like you said though, it spoke volumes that he never used it as an excuse.

Kikoluna
07-13-2016, 10:55 PM
Pop is devastated. Watching him speak and cry talking about timmy was emotional. Pop would ride with Tim till the end, as loyal as you can be.

Solid D
07-13-2016, 11:06 PM
Pop is heartbroken and will do his best to move on with the hope of building another winning team. He will grieve and that will take some time for him to work through, but hopefully, Timmy remains a part of Pop's life in physical form. After all, Timmy did not pass away. But Pop and some of the remaining staff and players will go through various forms of grieving...as will we as fans.

kxs783kms
07-13-2016, 11:10 PM
I was able to get this picture Tim's first game back vs Orlando, after a few games being out from his knee injury. My first and only time ever seeing him play in person. This will forever be an unbreakable bond.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/kensims82/goat_zpsjzmiuerp.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/kensims82/media/goat_zpsjzmiuerp.jpg.html)

kxs783kms
07-13-2016, 11:13 PM
Pop is heartbroken and will do his best to move on with the hope of building another winning team. He will grieve and that will take some time for him to work through, but hopefully, Timmy remains a part of Pop's life in physical form. After all, Timmy did not pass away. But Pop and some of the remaining staff and players will go through various forms of grieving...as will we as fans.

I believe and hope so. I think their best way of trying to fill the void is to entice him to join the front office or the coaching staff. It's a guaranteed job for him, no doubt.

houston spurs fan
07-13-2016, 11:14 PM
I was able to get this picture Tim's first game back vs Orlando, after a few games being out from his knee injury. My first and only time ever seeing him play in person. This will forever be an unbreakable bond.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c28/kensims82/goat_zpsjzmiuerp.jpg (http://s24.photobucket.com/user/kensims82/media/goat_zpsjzmiuerp.jpg.html)
You saw him one time and now it's an unbreakable bond? I guess no age minimum on this shithole anymore. christ, no more threads

MultiTroll
07-13-2016, 11:18 PM

The contrasts to Tim and Kirby are staggering.
As to CIA Pop and Tims knee getting worn out, lets move on. :bang :depressed

kxs783kms
07-13-2016, 11:20 PM
You saw him one time and now it's an unbreakable bond? I guess no age minimum on this shithole anymore. christ, no more threads

I was talking about Duncan and Pop idiot. :bang

houston spurs fan
07-13-2016, 11:23 PM
I was talking about Duncan and Pop idiot. :bang
Water is wet dumbass. You've reached your starting thread count quota for your life.

TheGoldStandard
07-13-2016, 11:24 PM
Asinine is asinine

kxs783kms
07-13-2016, 11:28 PM
Water is wet dumbass. You've reached your starting thread count quota for your life.

You're right, about this becoming a shithole. Pretty sure your 1,127 had a helping hand in that. lol

kxs783kms
07-13-2016, 11:29 PM
Asinine is asinine

I agree with you. :toast

dbreiden83080
07-13-2016, 11:30 PM
Looks like he was about to jump off a bridge the other day. And the Spurs will not win a championship in the next 10 or 15 years. Maybe ever again. Who knows.

kxs783kms
07-13-2016, 11:31 PM
Looks like he was about to jump off a bridge the other day. And the Spurs will not win a championship in the next 10 or 15 years. Maybe ever again. Who knows.

I noticed and thought the same thing.

houston spurs fan
07-13-2016, 11:40 PM
You're right, about this becoming a shithole. Pretty sure your 1,127 had a helping hand in that. lol
If you were a real Spurs fan you'd know how off base your thread is. Probably just an attention speaking thread but if not, smh...

rastaspur
07-13-2016, 11:45 PM

Spurs ring in the next 5 years. Bump this shit in five years if i am incorrect.

Spurtacular
07-13-2016, 11:46 PM
0/10

Spurtacular
07-13-2016, 11:47 PM
Did not even read past bb pov. Any moron that thinks the Spurs are better w/o Duncan....

kxs783kms
07-13-2016, 11:55 PM
If you were a real Spurs fan you'd know how off base your thread is. Probably just an attention speaking thread but if not, smh...

If I was the attention seeking type, then I'll be starting 3 or 4 meaningless threads everyday. But you had every right to keep scrolling, nobody forced you to comment if you felt I was seeking attention. And I think my observation was a legitimate one. Who wants to see their long time friend struggle in anything? Which is what Pop was seeing in Duncan, basketball wise. Why sit him in critical moments of some games for a David West? Inside I believe Pop truly wanted him to call it quits, let his body(*knee*) recover and go enjoy life. He's done enough for the organization. Doesn't take a "real" fan to see that. Geeesshhh, you act like I was trying to say Pop told him to retire and never come back or contact him again. My God!!

kxs783kms
07-13-2016, 11:56 PM
Did not even read past bb pov. Any moron that thinks the Spurs are better w/o Duncan....

Pop thought so in plenty of critical moments in games this past season moron. :bang

houston spurs fan
07-13-2016, 11:59 PM
If I was the attention seeking type, then I'll be starting 3 or 4 meaningless threads everyday. But you had every right to keep scrolling, nobody forced you to comment if you felt I was seeking attention. And I think my observation was a legitimate one. Who wants to see their long time friend struggle in anything? Which is what Pop was seeing in Duncan, basketball wise. Why sit him in critical moments of some games for a David West? Inside I believe Pop truly wanted him to call it quits, let his body(*knee*) recover and go enjoy life. He's done enough for the organization. Doesn't take a "real" fan to see that. Geeesshhh, you act like I was trying to say Pop told him to retire and never come back or contact him again. My God!!
Lol

Ron Swanson
07-14-2016, 12:02 AM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/df646bb718ce81ac9a6ebedd9f335a67/tumblr_nm4cm8vgNY1tq4of6o1_500.gif

kxs783kms
07-14-2016, 12:03 AM
Lol

Let's keep this going. I took a good long nap today and plus I'm trying to get my post count up. Your move...

Spurtacular
07-14-2016, 12:03 AM
Pop thought so in plenty of critical moments in games this past season moron. :bang

Pop said "You don't replace TD's leadership" just yesterday. So, no.

kxs783kms
07-14-2016, 12:04 AM
http://33.media.tumblr.com/df646bb718ce81ac9a6ebedd9f335a67/tumblr_nm4cm8vgNY1tq4of6o1_500.gif

Come back!

kxs783kms
07-14-2016, 12:05 AM
Pop said "You don't replace TD's leadership" just yesterday. So, no.

Oh yeah, he did say that. That truly is irreplaceable.

houston spurs fan
07-14-2016, 12:06 AM
Out, should have never posted. Drinking and depressed TD is gone

Spurtacular
07-14-2016, 12:10 AM
Oh yeah, he did say that. That truly is irreplaceable.

Props

dbreiden83080
07-14-2016, 01:03 AM
Spurs ring in the next 5 years. Bump this shit in five years if i am incorrect.

Not a chance in hell. And Leonard will be run out of town by ungrateful asshole fans.. He is great but fans are spoiled, and he is just the next guy around. Great player but after Tim, just the next guy around.

Mal
07-14-2016, 04:16 AM
You`ve gotta be kiddin me. Duncan was coachable, able to sacriface for the good of the team. And he was influencial to other guys in the team. He just couldn`t compete on highest level, because of age and wearing injuries.

cutewizard
07-14-2016, 05:56 AM
Missing our leader, hmmmmmm....................

Chinook
07-14-2016, 07:12 AM
Pop has a ton of faith in the Big Three after everything thing they've done for the team. He'd probably play them all until they're 50. I don't think he's happy at all that Duncan retired, but that doesn't mean that he won't eventually realize it was a good move for the team as well as for Tim.

Personally, I think this year or next year will be when Pop decides to scrap the "System" and do something else. Nothing symbolizes that it's time for change like your franchise walking out the door.

Seventyniner
07-14-2016, 08:13 AM
Pop sure isn't glad that Tim retired, but he might be relieved that he won't be trying to play through that kind of pain anymore.

GSH
07-14-2016, 08:27 AM
Me too. I just hate to see the GOAT out there limping like that. Like you said though, it spoke volumes that he never used it as an excuse.

Look, I'm sure you had good intentions in starting this thread. And I have to admit, you're not one who starts threads all the time. (Unless this is just another troll-alt. :lol) If you think the FO left it up to Tim to decide, but deep down Pop hated to see him come back and be a shadow of himself? Fine, think that. But don't be surprised when other people think you're making shit up. Because you're making shit up.

One suggestion I would make. When you're posting about your own idea of what Gregg Popovich is secretly thinking, and you don't have any source other than yourself? Find a way to work it into another thread, and you'll catch a lot less shit. You'll probably get fewer replies, but you aren't seeking attention.

Yuixafun
07-14-2016, 08:50 AM

You lack reading comprehension, especially while throwing stones...

Yuixafun
07-14-2016, 08:53 AM
If Pop rings again without Timmy, it will be bittersweet for him. But Timmy will be the happiest person in the world for Pop.

rastaspur
07-14-2016, 08:54 AM
Not a chance in hell. And Leonard will be run out of town by ungrateful asshole fans.. He is great but fans are spoiled, and he is just the next guy around. Great player but after Tim, just the next guy around.

Can i borrow your crystal ball, negrodamus?

Yuixafun
07-14-2016, 09:16 AM
Really examining, from a continuity and chemistry standpoont to along with talent, the Spurs still stand amongst the top teams in the league.

The Golden State empire looks like emotional and fragile individuals. They could turn toxic really quick just as well as jelling, especially under massive scrutiny.

They aren't the fun loving bunch that grew up together anymore. Half the team is mercenaries now.

And Draymond Green continues to be a volatile egomaniac. Sure it helped him become the player he is today... but it seems like it's past the point of pushing him to grow, and instead headed for arrogant self destruction...

Curry is a weak personality so is Durant, Klay is spacey... just really wonder how it will all play out at any signs of adversity.

Kikoluna
07-14-2016, 11:18 AM
Pop did look border line suicidal. This is it. Life without timmy. The era of Kyle F-ing Anderson is upon us. A lot of second round exits a la Portland

Sean Cagney
07-14-2016, 01:07 PM
So happy he looked dejected and was tearing up, basically sums it up.......

dbreiden83080
07-14-2016, 01:35 PM
Can i borrow your crystal ball, negrodamus?

You know how many franchises have been around forever and never won a title? What's the last one the Bulls won post Jordan? Spurs are not the Lakers as a franchise and even they have lost the luster of being the Lakers. There are a shitload of great players, Ewing, Barkley, Malone, Miller etc, never to win a title. KL got one, with Timmy and played great. Odds of him getting another are pretty long. I also think the fans will have a letdown in general as Manu is done after this year, and Tony a few years later. This will be a major transition.