PDA

View Full Version : Spurs should have drafted McCaw instead of Murray

picnroll
07-15-2016, 09:40 AM
Spurs should have drafted McCaw instead of Murray. McCaw is a year older and has done everything we hoped Murray could. He could be a rotation player for the Spurs as a combo guard this year. GS scouts are kicking the Spurs scouts butts.

kobyz
07-15-2016, 09:48 AM
I'll take him over Manu and Green at this point, him and Kawhi could have been great combo...

cjw
07-15-2016, 09:52 AM
There's a huge difference from spending one year vs. two in college - Murray is further from eventual finished product. Murray will take longer to develop but don't think too many conclusions should be made from summer lewgue.

Warriors may have found great value, though. If he does pan out, too bad for them he's only under a two year deal (2nd rounder) as he'll get a massive pay raise in RFA and Bird Rights will be limited for a team capped out. Rich man problems for the Warriors.

GSH
07-15-2016, 09:53 AM
The sad thing is, they could have had both. GS bought that pick with cash.

Snaq O'Meal
07-15-2016, 09:55 AM
Spurs should have drafted McCaw instead of Murray. McCaw is a year older and has done everything we hoped Murray could. He could be a rotation player for the Spurs as a combo guard this year. GS scouts are kicking the Spurs scouts butts.

Murray is a keeper.

But the Spurs should've done what GSW did by buying that pick. They were fine with paying Manu $14 million, so $2 million to draft McCaw is simply chump change.

picnroll
07-15-2016, 09:57 AM
This kid is GOOD and going to be VERY GOOD with more muscle . Good shooter, good penetrator, good ball handler, good court vision, good off the ball, good passer, good defender. Spurs should plan on snatching him in a couple of years.

sasaint
07-15-2016, 10:02 AM
The most immediate issue with Murray is that we will spend the next two seasons of Kawhi and LMA's contracts without a PG that will allow us to compete at the highest level. We will be also-rans for a couple of years of Kawhi and LMA's contracts while Tony declines and we are waiting for Murray to "grow" enough to run an NBA championship-caliber team.

Dre_7
07-15-2016, 10:30 AM
The most immediate issue with Murray is that we will spend the next two seasons of Kawhi and LMA's contracts without a PG that will allow us to compete at the highest level. We will be also-rans for a couple of years of Kawhi and LMA's contracts while Tony declines and we are waiting for Murray to "grow" enough to run an NBA championship-caliber team.

I think they are going to try and sign a PG in the off season. Next year's PG FA crop is really good.

Westbrook, Chris Paul, K Lowry, Jeff Teague, G Hill, Shaun Livingston, and the Greek Freek will all be free agents. Murray can grown under one of them, hopefully.

palangi
07-15-2016, 10:34 AM
There's a huge difference from spending one year vs. two in college - Murray is further from eventual finished product. Murray will take longer to develop but don't think too many conclusions should be made from summer lewgue.

Warriors may have found great value, though. If he does pan out, too bad for them he's only under a two year deal (2nd rounder) as he'll get a massive pay raise in RFA and Bird Rights will be limited for a team capped out. Rich man problems for the Warriors.
Unfortunately there is an instant gratification, over emotional, over reactionary group here. They expect hall of fame action from the get go. Murray has a higher ceiling than Mccaw. Murray has also done some really good things. I wanted Mccaw and mocked him multiple times. But Murray is the better prospect, he just requires a bit more patience.

It it is much like the fight chinook goes through, with LJC. People hate on him because he isn't killing it. But I'm excited he is stateside to finish his development. As a 4th or 5th big he brings qualities you want. And you've seen flashes in the few games he has played. But like I said he is stateside where he will get better development. I wish they would have brought Milutinov over as well. I'm over the development over seas. I don't think they develop as well. I think a kid like Hanga would be a rotational guy by now had he been brought over sooner.

But let's be honest these same people that OOH and AAH over Mccaw are quick to tell others it is summer league whenever our players do well, but praise others.

tmtcsc
07-15-2016, 10:39 AM
Both players will be fortunate to see any floor time this year. Murray has a loooooooong way to go.

raybies
07-15-2016, 10:46 AM
I think they are going to try and sign a PG in the off season. Next year's PG FA crop is really good.

Westbrook, Chris Paul, K Lowry, Jeff Teague, G Hill, Shaun Livingston, and the Greek Freek will all be free agents. Murray can grown under one of them, hopefully.

You go after Westbrook first but I wouldn't be surprised if we go straight for George Hill. He would be alot cheaper than Russell and we already know how he fits in the system. He finally gets his spot as starting point and we can move Tony to the bench. Though the repercussions of this development means Murray would move more to shooting guard in a Manu role like some namely Chinook mentioned. With George you would have the point guard of the foreseeable future. We'll see how fate will have it with Murray. I think he would be best as point with all star potential then coming off the bench with sixth man potential. Murray could play the back up point too, it's just that Parker has said he wasn't too play 4-5 more years which would put Murray back at third string. How's the shooting guard class next year. Maybe we find a Manu replacement then a Parker. The Spurs have already demonstrated their loyalty to Tim and Manu, and I doubt they stop with Parker.

As for Murray, I think he was the right pick for what we needed. He has a higher ceiling than McCaw. McCaw has potential to be an elite roleplayer imo and I've already stated what Murrays celling is. I think he realizes his potential with the Spurs. If he was a project big I would be skeptical but we have a pretty good track record with guards.

raybies
07-15-2016, 10:48 AM
Unfortunately there is an instant gratification, over emotional, over reactionary group here. They expect hall of fame action from the get go. Murray has a higher ceiling than Mccaw. Murray has also done some really good things. I wanted Mccaw and mocked him multiple times. But Murray is the better prospect, he just requires a bit more patience.

It it is much like the fight chinook goes through, with LJC. People hate on him because he isn't killing it. But I'm excited he is stateside to finish she his development. As a 4th or 5th big he brings qualities you want. And you've seen flashes in the few games he has played. But like I said he is stateside where he will get better development. I wish they would have brought Milutinov over as well. I'm over the development over seas. I don't think they develop as well. I think a kid like Hanga would be a rotational guy by now had he been brought over sooner.

But out let's be honest these same people that OOH and AAH over Mccaw are quick to tell others it is summer league whenever our players do well, but praise others.

Solid post :tu

Dre_7
07-15-2016, 10:56 AM
How's the shooting guard class next year. Maybe we find a Manu replacement then a Parker. The Spurs have already demonstrated their loyalty to Tim and Manu, and I doubt they stop with Parker.

JJ Redick, Tyreke Evans, and Tony Allen are all UFA. Oladipo, K Caldwell-Pope, and CJ McCollom are all restricted. Gordon Hayward has a player option.

elemento
07-15-2016, 10:58 AM
I was probably the 1st person to bring McCaw as a Spurs target and I love him as a prospect, but Murray is a great prospect too.

Don't put too much stock on what Murray is showing now in the SL as a freshman out of college. Murray is raw and he was drafted based on his tools and his potential. He still has a very long way to go before he starts to produce like a Spurs material player.

Just be patient. Murray's pick will pay off in the long run. The only thing that makes me sad about McCaw is that he went to the most stacked team in the NBA for cash and the Spurs could have taken both if they wanted to.

DPG21920
07-15-2016, 11:00 AM
Shouldn't be about Murray vs McCaw - both would have been nice especially since it was so cheap.

picnroll
07-15-2016, 11:10 AM
We'll have to revisit this thread in a couple of years.

tbdog
07-15-2016, 11:20 AM
JJ Redick, Tyreke Evans, and Tony Allen are all UFA. Oladipo, K Caldwell-Pope, and CJ McCollom are all restricted. Gordon Hayward has a player option.

Redick on the Spurs :D wow, that would be amazing. Also I love Hayward as a player and is so much a Spurs player. Thing is, we as well as many other teams will have about 30mil in cap, which is enough to get 1 stud or 2 players of Redick type. Something like George Hill and Taj Gibson for example. Our core is intact, so will be interesting what we do next offseason.

dabom
07-15-2016, 11:25 AM
We'll have to revisit this thread in a couple of years.

We don't. Mcpoop sucks compared to Murray.

Dre_7
07-15-2016, 11:35 AM
Redick on the Spurs :D wow, that would be amazing. Also I love Hayward as a player and is so much a Spurs player. Thing is, we as well as many other teams will have about 30mil in cap, which is enough to get 1 stud or 2 players of Redick type. Something like George Hill and Taj Gibson for example. Our core is intact, so will be interesting what we do next offseason.

I'm very interested in next off season as well! That is going to be a crucial free agent class for the Spurs.

FromWayDowntown
07-15-2016, 11:40 AM
Did you see the way that Ostertag absolutely dominated Duncan in that summer league game? He's already started for a Finals team and would be a really good rebounding and shot blocking compliment for David Robinson. Utah got him at 25 two years ago and he's already killing Duncan. Utah's scouts are kicking the Spurs scouts butts.

Mr. Body
07-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Murray has a higher ceiling.

cjw
07-15-2016, 12:14 PM

It it is much like the fight chinook goes through, with LJC. People hate on him because he isn't killing it. But I'm excited he is stateside to finish his development. As a 4th or 5th big he brings qualities you want. And you've seen flashes in the few games he has played. But like I said he is stateside where he will get better development. I wish they would have brought Milutinov over as well. I'm over the development over seas. I don't think they develop as well. I think a kid like Hanga would be a rotational guy by now had he been brought over sooner.

But let's be honest these same people that OOH and AAH over Mccaw are quick to tell others it is summer league whenever our players do well, but praise others.

Great post and agree on Hanga. He's turned into a top defender in Europe (by their standards) - imagine developing his shot stateside. Defenders in the league will always be at a premium, and if he could turn into a fringe 3 & D guy, I would have taken it.

LakerHater
07-15-2016, 12:35 PM
Jerry West, felt McCaw should not have slipped that far, saying "People are gonna be sorry they didn't draft him."

k_nguyen93
07-15-2016, 12:37 PM
Like others have said Murray has the upside. Anyone remember how much RC got trashed for the Joseph pick in 2011 because his adopted son played with him at UT? Look at where Cory is now. I'm just curious who we bring in to replace Chad Forcier.

ceperez
07-15-2016, 01:44 PM
The sad thing is, they could have had both. GS bought that pick with cash.

Spurs PATFO losing their edge. This is ridiculous!! With all the departures, Spurs have a lot of brain drain.

Sean Cagney
07-15-2016, 02:29 PM
Lets re-visit this a few years down the road and see. Right now it's just here say.

Kawhitstorm
07-15-2016, 02:36 PM

PATFO were looking for a ball handler rather than a scorer & McCaw is somewhat like Will Barton.

SAGirl
07-15-2016, 02:44 PM
PATFO were looking for a ball handler rather than a scorer & McCaw is somewhat like Will Barton.
I agree they were definitely looking for an athletic guard who could be the main ball handler. McCaw projected as a 3/D wing from my recollection.

T Park
07-15-2016, 02:56 PM
Jamaal Tinsley is the far better point guard, WTF, why didnt we grab him instead of Tony f'ing Parker??!?!!?!?!?

Spurs talk in 2003

ulosturedge
07-15-2016, 02:57 PM
Is this a hindsight 20/20 thing or did alot of ppl actually have McCaw projected to go earlier then he was drafted?

look_at_g_shred
07-15-2016, 02:57 PM
Dude will fold when facing real competition

phxspurfan
07-15-2016, 03:00 PM
Nope

https://bbca78f093bda4e09182-3cb65c14ed6b68da0b073def86e02e97.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.c om/2013/01/Macaw.jpg

Nope

https://bbca78f093bda4e09182-3cb65c14ed6b68da0b073def86e02e97.ssl.cf1.rackcdn.c om/2013/01/Macaw.jpg

Kawhitstorm
07-15-2016, 03:19 PM

WestBrick: Not playing in SA

CP3: Most likely if he wants to upgrade from one contender to another like Dominos (Porker can be the 6th man)

Lowry: Most likely will get the max & age like Porker

Teague/Hill: most likely re-signing w/ their respective team who will PAY 'em unless they wet the bed like Ty Lawson

Livingston: Duds have his Bird Rights & should be more in their price range than Iggy

Giannis: Ain't going anywhere

Jrue is actually a possibility if the Pelicans want to move on from him ala Eric Gordon/Ryan Anderson & Darren Collison is a guy that could work as a backup if he doesn't end up in prison.:lol

ReDick: Last chance to cash in after being underpaid his entire career ala Conley (would have to over pay for a 33 yr old)

Reke: Rich man's Simmons

Tony Allen: washed up

Dipo/KCP/CJ: Ain't going anywhere

....I would say someone like Korver is more likely since he's at the end of his career & will be ring chasing

Casspi as a backup PF would also be interesting if Bertans isn't fit for the job considering that Casspi won't most likely re-sign w/ the Kings & has been a journey man like Marco.

Word is Knicks/Spurs still hot for Casspi and checked in to see if they could wedge their way into last trade fun of 2010-11. But … Cavs told ’em they traded for Casspi with intent to keep him. GM Chris Grant says Cavs have liked Casspi since Kings drafted him in 2009

He was a good as Ryan Anderson last season (same WS/48, better VORP/BPM/TS%/ORtg/DRtg): http://bkref.com/tiny/SmoH3

HarlemHeat37
07-15-2016, 03:27 PM
:lol I love when sports fans try to judge players before they have even played a single professional game, tbh..

TD 21
07-15-2016, 04:07 PM
^ Yeah. In addition, it ignores where the players in question are at in their development and the Spurs are at as a franchise and what they need moving forward. They're no longer at the stage where trying to find a high floor, low ceiling type makes sense. They need high ceiling types, even if they come with a low floor (which is inevitable when you pick late 20's virtually every year).

It was time to swing for the fences. I don't even care if McCaw goes on to be a good backup and Murray is out of the league in 3-5 years. I'd rather see if the latter can become a starter or sixth man.

itsamanuthree
07-15-2016, 08:30 PM
:lol

tonight...you
07-15-2016, 08:37 PM
McCaw would have been nothing but a footnote in this franchise's history.
Dejounte could add a page, or two, before it's all said and done.

Lol, McCaw.
DPG, c'mon man.

Racspur1
07-15-2016, 08:47 PM

Just because the Logo ( J. West ) says so , doesnt make it a sure thing . All I have seen him do is talk the league into letting him sign whoever he want's regardless of of the rules or money . I seem to remember him being able to get Pau even though no one else knew he was available for the Lakers !!! Also remember Pop saying something to the effect that pop wished he had known that Pau was even available back then !!!

picnroll
07-15-2016, 09:06 PM
I'll happily eat my words if this game was a taste of Murray to come. This is the first of his summer league games, including his first, where I've been impressed with his play and decision making. Nonetheless GS made a move buying a pick and scoring a player you guys would be raving about if the Spurs front office had been savvy enough to go after. Have a look at McCaw in the game he's about to play.

mkurts
07-15-2016, 09:16 PM
Which brainless fucker wanted the Duncan for Ostertag trade? At that point in time Duncan was already all round while Ostertag's ceiling was very obvious..... No hindsight required

Seriously there are some stupid inbreds here

Down Under
07-15-2016, 09:21 PM
Murray's upside is ridiculous. Has good physical tools and feel for the game, things you cant teach. If he wants it bad enough he'll be a really good player

picnroll
07-16-2016, 07:18 AM
Watch GS highlight McCaw in blowouts next year and then West trade him and his RFA rights in the off season for a good draft pick. GS was smart on this, a lot smarter than SA,especially since the Spurs had the kid in for a try out. They should be more aggressive.

Mr. Body
07-16-2016, 07:40 AM
Watch GS highlight McCaw in blowouts next year and then West trade him and his RFA rights in the off season for a good draft pick. GS was smart on this, a lot smarter than SA,especially since the Spurs had the kid in for a try out. They should be more aggressive.

When have teams ever traded draft picks for second year players?

Raven
07-16-2016, 08:07 AM
he's a sg.

picnroll
10-02-2016, 06:47 AM
Bump. More to come.

SAGirl
10-02-2016, 11:42 AM
Don't know how much we'll see of Murray this season but he seems competitive and wants to play in the RS. He makes bad decisions and can't shoot right now. Both are fixable but take time.

McCaw was a steal and 29 other teams may be banging their heads not just Spurs. Murray may yet emerge to be a better or at least a comparable player if he learns how to shoot.

It's obvious Spurs wanted and needed a PG prospect. The Murray project is not done, barely getting started.

picnroll
10-02-2016, 12:54 PM
Good news is that McCaw is on a two year contract and not a whiff of salary cap room to re-sign him. He could make a nice replacement for Green in a couple of years.

Kawhitstorm
10-02-2016, 12:59 PM

SAGirl
10-05-2016, 09:06 PM

DPG21920
10-05-2016, 09:16 PM
McCaw would have been nothing but a footnote in this franchise's history.
Dejounte could add a page, or two, before it's all said and done.

Lol, McCaw.
DPG, c'mon man.

I missed this :lol? What did I do?

tonight...you
10-05-2016, 10:22 PM
I missed this :lol? What did I do?
Honestly now? I forgot. Probably nothing...

DPG21920
10-05-2016, 10:51 PM
Honestly now? I forgot. Probably nothing...

I remember saying I wanted SA to get McCaw pre-draft - maybe that was it?

tonight...you
10-06-2016, 09:24 AM
I remember saying I wanted SA to get McCaw pre-draft - maybe that was it?
Maybe and my brain was adding words to your thoughts. I was probably drinking, or something at the time.

Mr. Body
10-06-2016, 09:52 AM
This year's Chris Singleton, or whatever that guy's name was people wanted over Kawhi?

Chinook
10-06-2016, 10:19 AM
This year's Chris Singleton, or whatever that guy's name was people wanted over Kawhi?

Good ole' TJastal

apalisoc_9
10-15-2016, 02:13 AM
Jist fi ished rewatching three of the warriors pre-season games. The dude an NBA ready contributor!

Biggest draft steal this year bu far...

Golden State Organization is way ahead of San Antonio.. Way ahead

Alacritous
10-15-2016, 05:50 AM
Murray is a project, mccaw is instant gratification on a loaded team that really doesn't need him. Plus it's pre season where teams are trying defensive schemes and playing with a loaded team like the warriors makes offense easier for McCaw. Murray is the better pick the raw talent is there he just needs to be sculpted I mean just look at kawhi, the physical gifts where there as well. I actually think the spurs coaching staff might be able to make Murray into a great pickup for a 29th pick in the draft.

ace3g
10-15-2016, 09:07 AM

MaNu4Tres
10-15-2016, 09:11 AM
If McCaw keeps at it, he'll make Livingston expendable.

G State would be smart if they can trade Livingston and bring in a big better than Zaza.

TrainOfThought5
10-15-2016, 09:21 AM
If McCaw keeps at it, he'll make Livingston expendable.

G State would be smart if they can trade Livingston and bring in a big better than Zaza.

Like David Lee, perhaps?!

MaNu4Tres
10-15-2016, 09:29 AM
Like David Lee, perhaps?!

Um no.

If I'm GS, I'm calling Philly. Livingston for Noel makes sense for both teams. Wouldn't be fair.

DJR210
10-15-2016, 11:32 AM
That thru the legs pass was pretty nice :tu

Chinook
10-15-2016, 02:34 PM
Livingston makes no sense for Noel.

MaNu4Tres
10-15-2016, 03:10 PM
Livingston makes no sense for Noel.

Your opinion. We've disagreed before, and will continue to disagree on things.

SAGirl
10-15-2016, 03:46 PM
McCaw's trick almost half court shot looks just like that one time Murray hit a 3 from the sun:

It's too early, entirely too early to judge Murray in comparison.

SAGirl
10-15-2016, 03:53 PM
That thru the legs pass was pretty nice :tu

yup I really like Laprovittola.

Kawhitstorm
10-15-2016, 11:01 PM
Um no.

If I'm GS, I'm calling Philly. Livingston for Noel makes sense for both teams. Wouldn't be fair.

Not sure Philly is trading Noel for a 2017 UFA when they can sign him outright next summer.

IMO, Noel for Marcus Smart is more reasonable.

wildbill2u
10-16-2016, 10:17 AM
Just shows how subjective picking draft choices is at this level. Both seem to have considerable upside possibilities while McCaw seems clearly to be more ready to take a place in a rotation at this stage. And for him to break into the GSW rotation is quite a coup for him and for the GSW FO.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-16-2016, 10:23 AM
Drinking game: Everyone on ST has to take a shot every time I say "DeMarco Murray" instead of "Dejounte Murray" this season.

kobyz
10-16-2016, 07:54 PM
Can't believe we pass on him, he has some Kawhi in him, in a smaller, SG body, fuck having another season of danny green instead...

TD 21
10-16-2016, 08:51 PM
Not sure Philly is trading Noel for a 2017 UFA when they can sign him outright next summer.

IMO, Noel for Marcus Smart is more reasonable.

Yeah, I've thought since around the draft that there was a good chance that Noel for Smart would eventually happen.

Livingston isn't near sufficient value for Noel and he makes no sense for them. In addition to what you said, he's an aging third guard, that can't shoot 3's. With Simmons and to a lesser extent Saric, playing point forward, a 3 and D point guard would be ideal.

SAGirl
10-18-2016, 12:04 PM

tbdog
03-11-2017, 09:39 PM
Really?

K...
03-11-2017, 09:44 PM
Really?

Its not a fair compare. Two different systems, but obviously tonight is not his night.

Prose
03-12-2017, 06:03 PM
Its not a fair compare. Two different systems, but obviously tonight is not his night.

tell that to the OP

duncan2k5
03-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Murray is better...AND has a higher ceiling...u don't get ppl with Murrays height, speed, and handles, plus drive to play ball everyday

duncan2k5
03-12-2017, 09:07 PM
Murray is better...AND has a higher ceiling...u don't get ppl with Murrays height, speed, and handles, plus drive to play ball everyday

picnroll
07-09-2017, 08:21 AM
Bump

SuperCam
07-09-2017, 08:24 AM

Typical NBA GM like PATFO butthole still acting like every move they make is gold :lmao

Mr. Body
07-09-2017, 08:25 AM
Meh. None of those players on the list have proven anything yet. Keep your dick in your pants.

daslicer
07-09-2017, 02:07 PM
Macaca is a scrub. I have not been impressed by him whenever I have seen him play. He also shoots a shitty FG percentages. I feel with some spur fans that the warriors could put a jersey on feces and they would bitch about RC and Pop not drafting feces

TheGreatYacht
07-09-2017, 02:25 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OW31tcK6vso&feature=share

Walter Donovan
07-09-2017, 02:35 PM
Not drafting McCaw will go down as the biggest flub in NBA draft history.

duncan2k5
07-09-2017, 02:54 PM
Murray is immensely better than McCaw

Walter Donovan
07-09-2017, 02:58 PM
Murray is immensely better than McCaw

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

duncan2150
07-09-2017, 03:02 PM
From what i saw last year both could be good and have potential, we'll see in 2/3 years who will be better.

Hoops Czar
07-09-2017, 03:09 PM
Leave it to a Spurs fan to gush all over over any Warriors pick.

TheGreatYacht
07-09-2017, 03:09 PM
:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao :lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao
That guy is always wrong, no matter the subject. Incredible feat tbh

Walter Donovan
07-09-2017, 03:19 PM
Leave it to a Spurs fan to gush all over over any Warriors pick.

Not a Spurs fan...

duncan2k5
07-09-2017, 03:26 PM

We'll see......

sexinthatsx
07-10-2017, 10:51 AM
Murry is leaps and bounds better than McCaw and it's not even close. McCaw is your typical spot up shooter Spurs have in Bryan Forbes and any other shooter. Dejounte Murray is a slasher that can get to the rim. It's cool and dandy when you show a highlight reel of McCaw, but it's the summer league. Take a look at the video below - Dejounte Murray is schooling all-stars such as Kyrie Irving, KD, Draymond Green, and Karl Anthony Towns. As far as I can tell, McCaw's one-trick pony is shooting 3's because he can't create his shot at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baTmiirkVp8

Walter Donovan
07-10-2017, 10:53 AM
Murry is leaps and bounds better than McCaw and it's not even close. McCaw is your typical spot up shooter Spurs have in Bryan Forbes and any other shooter. Dejounte Murray is a slasher that can get to the rim. It's cool and dandy when you show a highlight reel of McCaw, but it's the summer league. Take a look at the video below - Dejounte Murray is schooling all-stars such as Kyrie Irving, KD, Draymond Green, and Karl Anthony Towns. As far as I can tell, McCaw's one-trick pony is shooting 3's because he can't create his shot at all.

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

look_at_g_shred
07-10-2017, 10:58 AM

look_at_g_shred
07-10-2017, 10:59 AM
Drinking game: Everyone on ST has to take a shot every time I say "DeMarco Murray" instead of "Dejounte Murray" this season.
how did you do?

SPURt
07-11-2017, 09:04 AM
How does Spurstalk feel about after yesterday's 20% shooting performance? I know how hot some of our takes can be. Forbes for president.

Kindergarten Cop
07-11-2017, 09:14 AM
How does Spurstalk feel about after yesterday's 20% shooting performance? I know how hot some of our takes can be. Forbes for president.

Are you referring to the game 2 days ago when Murray shot 2/7 (29%)? I'm confused.

duncan2k5
07-11-2017, 09:47 AM

This!

SPURt
07-11-2017, 09:54 AM
Are you referring to the game 2 days ago when Murray shot 2/7 (29%)? I'm confused.
I meant McCaw who had 9 points on 3/15 (I think).

SAGirl
07-12-2017, 08:55 PM

TheGreatYacht
07-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Smh someone take the drafting AND car keys away from RC...

Pavlov
07-13-2017, 07:48 PM

I meant McCaw who had 9 points on 3/15 (I think).Match up much time some guy name Brandon Paul (21 pts 8/12 fg 4/7 3pt)

Kurik
07-13-2017, 08:00 PM
Bell and McCaw lost badly to a Boston team without Tatum and Brown playing.

Keepin' it real
07-13-2017, 08:11 PM

So GSW lottery-bound???

daslicer
07-13-2017, 08:54 PM
Maccaca is a scrub. He has a lot of slurpers here due to him wearing a Warrior Jersey. The Warriors could put a jersey on feces and some of these slurpers would be claiming that feces is a baller.

ginobilized
07-14-2017, 06:11 PM
The Dubs make McCaw look better than he is. Imagine Murray in garbage time for the Warriors.
He'd look like the second coming of Penny Hardaway.

cjw
07-14-2017, 06:14 PM
McCaw will be gone in a year anyway. No way they have the money to match the RFA offer sheet he'll get.

rastaspur
07-14-2017, 06:22 PM
What's done is done. At this point, who really gives a fuck. This is a futile discussion.

tonight...you
07-14-2017, 06:24 PM
What's done is done. At this point, who really gives a fuck. This is a futile discussion.
Very Zen of you. I'm truly digging this Zen shit!

picnroll
07-14-2017, 06:26 PM
For now yes. Spurs can target him in FA next year though, they'll need a Green replacement.

Mnky
07-14-2017, 06:28 PM

People think these guys are game changers, but they cant push a team in summer league.

Seems legit.

rastaspur
07-14-2017, 06:31 PM
Very Zen of you. I'm truly digging this Zen shit!

People are knee jerking like a mother about murray's summer league showing.

Has he improved over the last year as much as I expected? Of course not.

Does that mean he's a bust? Of course not. Kid has some elite talent.

He's basically a Ferrari engine and the frame at this point. He has a ways to go down the assembly line so as to add tires, suspension, etc. Before he comes out as a finished product ready to tear the roads up.

I'm not giving up on him. I'm patient like that.

tonight...you
07-14-2017, 06:33 PM
People are knee jerking like a mother about murray's summer league showing.

Has he improved over the last year as much as I expected? Of course not.

Does that mean he's a bust? Of course not. Kid has some elite talent.

He's basically a Ferrari engine and the frame at this point. He has a ways to go down the assembly line so as to add tires, suspension, etc. Before he comes out as a finished product ready to tear the rods up.

I'm not giving up on him. I'm patient like that.
Damn right bruddah.

picnroll
07-14-2017, 06:35 PM
People think these guys are game changers, but they cant push a team in summer league.

Seems legit.
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. In case you haven't notice Murray completely shit the bed in SL. If he weren't a first round pick and played like this he'd be headed to Bumfuck Siberia. Meanwhile in the last game that GS lost McCaw had 20 points on 6-13. But keep those eyes closed tight.

Pavlov
07-14-2017, 06:39 PM
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. In case you haven't notice Murray completely shit the bed in SL. If he weren't a first round pick and played like this he'd be headed to Bumfuck Siberia. Meanwhile in the last game that GS lost McCaw had 20 points on 6-13. But keep those eyes closed tight.How McCaw do against Paul?

rastaspur
07-14-2017, 06:40 PM
For now yes. Spurs can target him in FA next year though, they'll need a Green replacement.

Very true.

But let me steal a page from apo and predict how that's going to play out so I can come back next summer and pat myself on the back about it.

The harrison Barnes effect will be applicable. The team is so good that any role player capable of playing within the confines of the warriors system is coming out smelling like roses and looking better than they really are. Especially mccaw due to his physical attributes. A young long athletic defender will draw interest.

Don't want to see the spurs throwing big money at this kid.

It's a marquis Daniels situation. Goes undrafted and gets a one year deal and shines and gets paid more than his worth based on the promise he showed during the rookie year.

picnroll
07-14-2017, 06:41 PM
How McCaw do against Paul?
How'd Murray do against anybody? Most of the shots I saw McCaw was on him, Paul just made some tough shots over him.

Mnky
07-14-2017, 06:42 PM
Denial ain't just a river in Egypt. In case you haven't notice Murray completely shit the bed in SL. If he weren't a first round pick and played like this he'd be headed to Bumfuck Siberia. Meanwhile in the last game that GS lost McCaw had 20 points on 6-13. But keep those eyes closed tight.

Who are the game changing warriors second round draft steals playing today?

Oh ...thats right.

Im talking about what is actually happening, not what ifs.

Facts can be tricky sometimes.

Pavlov
07-14-2017, 06:43 PM
How'd Murray do against anybody? Most of the shots I saw McCaw was on him, Paul just made some tough shots over him.McCaw score and shooting that game?

picnroll
07-14-2017, 06:44 PM
Who are the game changing warriors second round draft steals playing today?

Oh ...thats right.

Im talking about what is actually happening, not what ifs.

Facts can be tricky sometimes.
Everybody who got knocked out is resting their primary players, giving scrubs a chance to show.

JohnnyMax
07-14-2017, 06:44 PM
Murray is better than McCaw.

picnroll
07-14-2017, 06:51 PM
Murray is better than McCaw.

Good. We'll trade you.
McCaw averaged 20 points on 45.6% in 5 games

rastaspur
07-14-2017, 06:54 PM
It seems clear then and now the choice the spurs faced between picking one over the other.

They chose the potential over the arguably more nba ready player.

Mccaw defense was good enough to know coming out of college that those skills would translate. He has the size. Motor and athletic ability.

Murray was and still kind of is completely raw. But he is a 6'5 athlete with a lightning quick first step who could potentially be molded into a dynamic point guard.

Definitely worth the gamble at 29 and was the smart play considering the gluttony of shooting guards the team had last year.

picnroll
07-14-2017, 07:08 PM
Definitely worth the gamble at 29 and was the smart play considering the gluttony of shooting guards the team had last year.
The problem is that the SGs were Manu retiring within two years, Green with two years left in his contract, and Simmons in his last year on contract. Maybe Chip said he could fix Murray's shot but like I said before, I went to two late season games, watched Murray in warm-ups and he was clanging almost every mid-range shot. Shooting-wise I see another Rubio. McCaw was on the right time table.

Mnky
07-15-2017, 03:53 AM
Everybody who got knocked out is resting their primary players, giving scrubs a chance to show.

Warriors played Bell and mccae without their two best players and still got beat.

Kyle Anderson and Simmons were able to push a team, but the great draft misses bell and mccaw weren't.

We are talking about facts once again.

Mccaw is a champion tho . Can't take that away from him.

Raven
07-15-2017, 04:21 AM
mccaw is a good player.

Pavlov
07-15-2017, 07:48 AM
Good. We'll trade you.
McCaw averaged 20 points on 45.6% in 5 games

What he score and shoot in game against Brandon Paul?

spursistan
01-31-2018, 07:48 AM

While playing next to KD/Curry/Thompson :lol

Murray clearly got higher ceiling and is a better prospect (though that's not saying much)..

kuato
01-31-2018, 07:53 AM

Murray clearly got higher ceiling and is a better prospect (though that's not saying much)..

http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2011/09/illK6U.gif

daledondale
01-31-2018, 07:54 AM
I hope Murray keep improving. It's a rare player, so much rebounds for a PG.

Atl Spur
01-31-2018, 08:43 AM
Time will reveal; why must everything be decided on based off small sample sizes?

UZER
01-31-2018, 09:06 AM

tholdren
02-01-2018, 12:05 AM

Lol plus minus... not smart

tholdren
02-01-2018, 12:12 AM

First its not an individual stat. Next, their second best plus minus lineup doesnt include curry. Their 3rd, 4th and 5th best plus minus lineup doesnt include durant but includes mccaw.

If you use plus minus to try and judge a players value you are an idiot

dabom
02-01-2018, 12:34 AM
We don't. Mcpoop sucks compared to Murray.