PDA

View Full Version : Lakers: This Pokemon phenomenon...

RGMCSE
07-15-2016, 02:44 PM
Is this where it all started for you narutoluva?

HarlemHeat37
07-15-2016, 03:19 PM
It's nice to see, tbh..been seeing a lot of fat people, particularly fat youth, walking around, getting some fresh air, etc..

apalisoc_9
07-15-2016, 03:59 PM
I'm playing it myself. Good way to spend time with kids or even a significant other.

But I'm sure it way to childish and not manly for spurstalk posters who would rather entertain themsleves with manly stuff like shit talking in spurstalk or talking about how they're pissedd at people having fun a certain way.

Killakobe81
07-15-2016, 04:02 PM
I'm playing it myself. Good way to spend time with kids or even a significant other.

But I'm sure it way to childish and not manly for spurstalk posters who would rather entertain themsleves with manly stuff like shit talking in spurstalk or talking about how they're pissedd at people having fun a certain way.

thinking about doing with my kids the younger one doesnt have phone so he may need to do it with a tablet.

midnightpulp
07-15-2016, 04:21 PM
I don't get it, but kids like stupid shit, so carry on.

apalisoc_9
07-15-2016, 04:26 PM
thinking about doing with my kids the younger one doesnt have phone so he may need to do it with a tablet.

You need data on both..let him use the phone.

apalisoc_9
07-15-2016, 04:27 PM

Better than tettris

midnightpulp
07-15-2016, 04:33 PM
Better than tettris

Tetris teaches spatial thinking, pattern recognition, logic, and improves hand-eye coordination.

This is a glorified scavenger hunt for fat kids and manchildren.

Leetonidas
07-15-2016, 04:36 PM
Gay as fuck but at least fat sedentary losers are getting out of house for once. dont care really just tired of seeing this shit plastered all over social media. I get it youre 26 and have a shitty part time job so you can afford to chase pokemon all day

midnightpulp
07-15-2016, 04:39 PM
Gay as fuck but at least fat sedentary losers are getting out of house for once. dont care really just tired of seeing this shit plastered all over social media. I get it youre 26 and have a shitty part time job so you can afford to chase pokemon all day

Utterly cancer.

Chucho
07-15-2016, 04:46 PM
Pokemon games were fun back when I was a kid. LOL at people getting sensitive over this already because they get bullied irl so they take it out on their ST bullies. Ghey.

apalisoc_9
07-15-2016, 04:48 PM

Why wouldnt people talk about a rising phenom? Expecting people to do otherwise is fucking stupid...

apalisoc_9
07-15-2016, 04:49 PM
Tetris teaches spatial thinking, pattern recognition, logic, and improves hand-eye coordination.

This is a glorified scavenger hunt for fat kids and manchildren.

Pokemon teaches IRL awareness, pattern recognition, logic and improves health.

Got your tetris beat imo.

midnightpulp
07-15-2016, 05:04 PM
Why wouldnt people talk about a rising phenom? Expecting people to do otherwise is fucking stupid...

I think his implication was that silly shit like this shouldn't be a phenomenon.

I'm not just "hating." People already look at their smartphones enough, especially in situations where it's rude to do such (dinner; meetings; conversations; crowded places, etc), so this "game" will just further worsen that problem. Yeah, I need some dipshit pointing his phone at me while he looks for Beelzebub.

"Well, it's getting fat kids to play outside."

And what they're doing is something totally passive that doesn't teach any kind of skill, present a real challenge, or really improve overall fitness (muscle strength, hand-eye coordination, body control, etc) like, you know, sports.

Maybe you like the idea of kids spending hours outside strolling around looking for digital creatures instead of playing basketball, soccer, football, baseball, frisbee, whatever etc, but I don't.

The game would be more interesting and "healthier" if it incorporated challenges that require a kid to make ten baskets, dribble a soccer ball for 500 feet, etc.

midnightpulp
07-15-2016, 05:10 PM

"Go to a place with a water to find a water pokemon."

"Go to pokestop to find pokemon."

What a challenging logical puzzle that is. :lol

Chris
07-15-2016, 05:16 PM
I stay away from Pokemon thanks to the honorable Stephen Dollins. Highly recommend watching the full 3+ hour lectures imo tbh. I see a sister in faith has already linked the Dollins video with the new game. FF to 4:50

A4xaRy4sJxI

K...
07-15-2016, 05:49 PM
Remember Google glass?

This is another way to bring augmented reality to life.

It's cutting edge. It's also a kids game. It's really both, and also s money grab.
It's a scavenger hunt which is cool, but it's also a grand world wide competition.

I mean, your kids could join Isis or join Ash and Brock and misty

apalisoc_9
07-15-2016, 05:53 PM
I think his implication was that silly shit like this shouldn't be a phenomenon.

I'm not just "hating." People already look at their smartphones enough, especially in situations where it's rude to do such (dinner; meetings; conversations; crowded places, etc), so this "game" will just further worsen that problem. Yeah, I need some dipshit pointing his phone at me while he looks for Beelzebub.

And what they're doing is something totally passive that doesn't teach any kind of skill, present a real challenge, or really improve overall fitness (muscle strength, hand-eye coordination, body control, etc) like, you know, sports.

Maybe you like the idea of kids spending hours outside strolling around looking for digital creatures instead of playing basketball, soccer, football, baseball, frisbee, whatever etc, but I don't.

The game would be more interesting and "healthier" if it incorporated challenges that require a kid to make ten baskets, dribble a soccer ball for 500 feet, etc.

You're missing the whole damn point. This isnt a replacemebt for sport, it's a relpacement for staying indoor.

07-15-2016, 06:04 PM
Hopefully beisbol players are into it, would be nice for them to finally get some exercise tbh

apalisoc_9
07-15-2016, 06:06 PM
Hopefully beisbol players are into it, would be nice for them to finally get some exercise tbh

:lol

I missed out on a potential funny thread tittle.

07-15-2016, 06:06 PM
I'll give this a try after finishing ratchet and clank btw

Leetonidas
07-15-2016, 06:32 PM

because no one i know is a freshly minted 21 year old faggot like yourself and i wouldn't expect a bunch of grown ass adults to be jizzing themselves over a fantasy mobile game

Leetonidas
07-15-2016, 06:32 PM
I'll give this a try after finishing ratchet and clank btw

ElNono
07-15-2016, 06:45 PM
It's nice to see, tbh..been seeing a lot of fat people, particularly fat youth, walking around, getting some fresh air, etc..

You're back in New York, tbh?

Koolaid_Man
07-15-2016, 07:32 PM

:lmao couldn't agree more
]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a68/Koolbreezey/Mobile%20Uploads/sources-tim-duncan-retired-from-the-nba-to-play-pokmon-3049901_zps7ahtaezw.png

poeticism707
07-15-2016, 07:50 PM
"Go to a place with a water to find a water pokemon."

"Go to pokestop to find pokemon."

What a challenging logical puzzle that is. :lol

:rollin :rollin :rollin

spurraider21
07-15-2016, 08:37 PM

I'm playing it myself.
case in point tbh

lefty
07-15-2016, 10:42 PM

midnightpulp
07-15-2016, 10:46 PM

Why do they need more exercise when they're already more athletic than flop trot players? :)

midnightpulp
07-15-2016, 10:48 PM
You're missing the whole damn point. This isnt a replacemebt for sport, it's a relpacement for staying indoor.

Sports are supposed to be the replacement for indoor activity.

Some of these challenges require 6 miles of walking. Yeah, fatty is going to want to play basketball after that :lol

K...
07-15-2016, 11:11 PM

Some of these challenges require 6 miles of walking. Yeah, fatty is going to want to play basketball after that :lol

Sports are great, but they aren't creative. This is exploration. And hanging out. Probably already more popular than baseball.

midnightpulp
07-15-2016, 11:22 PM
Sports are great, but they aren't creative. This is exploration. And hanging out. Probably already more popular than baseball.

:lol Phone maps out where the Pokémon are likely to be.
:lol "It's creative."

cobbler
07-16-2016, 12:06 AM

Wow! We finally agree on something! :toast

apalisoc_9
07-16-2016, 12:15 AM

And exactly when has these sports good enough tonget the fatties out of their basement? You're again trying to evade the whole damn point.

These fatties didnt care about sport. Now that something they like encorages them to go out, they do. Why do you expect everyone to play sport?

The fact that 6-7 year olds are enjoing time outside is what matters. These are there formative years where they develop a likness to certain things. Developing a likness to the outside world is a start..maybe they end up playing a sport outdoor in the process since you know in their younger years they grew a liking to the outside.

Try again bro.

Kawhitstorm
07-16-2016, 12:16 AM

That explains why most adults play indoors at the GYM.:lol

Kawhitstorm
07-16-2016, 12:20 AM

The game is going to lead to kids in the burbs missing besibol practices.:toast

America's pastime & going to be Latin America's present time!:hat

Let's go back to the good 'ole days when sports leagues were segregated.:cry

DMC
07-16-2016, 12:32 AM
Bend over, I'll give you a poke, man.

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 12:35 AM
And exactly when has these sports good enough tonget the fatties out of their basement? You're again trying to evade the whole damn point.

These fatties didnt care about sport. Now that something they like encorages them to go out, they do. Why do you expect everyone to play sport?

The fact that 6-7 year olds are enjoing time outside is what matters. These are there formative years where they develop a likness to certain things. Developing a likness to the outside world is a start..maybe they end up playing a sport outdoor in the process since you know in their younger years they grew a liking to the outside.

Try again bro.

Do you know why there are so many fatties in first world countries (especially the US)?

It's because of videogames and then the Internet. In the "good old days," a bored kid would be forced to go outside and play ball, skateboard, climb trees, play cops and robbers to alleviate his boredom. For all the old talk about kids watching too much TV in those days, it really wasn't a problem. Now a bored kid can just fire up an electronic device instead. The reason they aren't interested in sports is because they were never given the chance to develop a connection with sports because parents figured out it took less effort to let the electronic device babysit their kids instead of taking junior out to the court to shoots some hoops. So yes, the parents are primarily to blame here.

Look at the decline in youth participation in sports just over a 4 year period:

http://sbrnet.com/Blog/July-2015/Youth-Sports-Participation-Declines-Significantly/chart1.aspx?width=500&height=381

I also disagree with the idea that they are "spending time outside." While they may physically be outside, they aren't mentally, since the game mediates everything through your smartphone screen, which you're paying attention to more than your actual surroundings.

Don't think I'm some old fogey arguing against this new fangled thing the kids are into. I find the technology and game design totally underwhelming and counterproductive to actually getting kids interested in outdoor activity.

Something like this is interesting smartphone tech.

http://shottracker.com/

It still uses novel smartphone technology, but forces the player to put down the thing to play the game/do the drills. Pokemon Go would be better if its challenges to capture Pokemon were based around doing an actual activity that required putting the phone down instead of passively strolling around.

Ex. "To get Shitazard, you must find a basketball court and make 20 shots."

And tracking that challenge can be easily done with any kind of sensor tech.

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 12:37 AM
The game is going to lead to kids in the burbs missing besibol practices.:toast

America's pastime & going to be Latin America's present time!:hat

Let's go back to the good 'ole days when sports leagues were segregated.:cry

Basketball and soccer have seen bigger declines in participation rates, so try again.

Leetonidas
07-16-2016, 01:07 AM
6 and 7 year old should be playing this. that's the point tbh :lol

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 01:15 AM
6 and 7 year old should be playing this. that's the point tbh :lol

Yeah, got no problem with that. Problem is if they're playing it for hours upon hours, as some of these challenges require a few hours of play.

Leetonidas
07-16-2016, 01:19 AM
Yeah, got no problem with that. Problem is if they're playing it for hours upon hours, as some of these challenges require a few hours of play.

agree just pointing out that it's kids who should be playing this not 25 year olds

Aztecfan03
07-16-2016, 01:43 AM
agree just pointing out that it's kids who should be playing this not 25 year olds

Kids shouldn't have phones. Or the freedom to roam all over town.

spurtech09
07-16-2016, 01:53 AM
Hmmmm and its free....wonder why.....

hooperflash
07-16-2016, 04:46 AM

I like going out to skate around the convention center just to yell out, "Where were y'all last month?!" Their reactions are priceless, a bunch of open mouths and adjusting of the glasses :lol

K...
07-16-2016, 07:29 AM
Hmmmm and its free....wonder why.....

You pay for bonuses and business will soon pay to run promotions. That's the main $$$

The only mystery is whether they plan to sell all their data or not.

Koolaid_Man
07-16-2016, 07:45 AM
:lol Phone maps out where the Pokémon are likely to be.
:lol "It's creative."

Timmy D is the ultimate Poke-E-Man :lmao

Koolaid_Man
07-16-2016, 07:49 AM

Pokemon will also kick your ass as evidenced by this shit..:lol

https://youtube/lAzN4f1GPI4

07-16-2016, 09:01 AM
:lol troofbomb

Kool Bob Love
07-16-2016, 09:46 AM
I like the game. Met some dope people last night in downtown San Antonio. Better then posting on a basketball message board, during the off-season, about a Pokemon app:lol

Only thing on right now is baseball.:sleep Yeah no thanks.

DJR210
07-16-2016, 09:47 AM
..is for faggots

https://vimeo.com/174821377

Clipper Nation
07-16-2016, 10:08 AM
:lol How are sports not creative?
:lol Baseball has been popular for centuries, and its TV rights deals have been skyrocketing for years. Pokémon Go has been a fad for one week.

TDMVPDPOY
07-16-2016, 10:43 AM
:lol Baseball has been popular for centuries, and its TV rights deals have been skyrocketing for years. Pokémon Go has been a fad for one week.

nintendo stocks already went up by $10b since pokemongo was released

07-16-2016, 10:55 AM
For a Pokemon game it's pretty shitty. But the augmented reality has been the real draw, I guess. Also the fact that it's been talked about all over social media too.

It'll probably die out in a month or two, though.

Clipper Nation
07-16-2016, 10:59 AM
nintendo stocks already went up by $10b since pokemongo was released
The Cardinals just signed a $1 billion TV deal last year. That's not a typo: FOX Sports is paying $1 billion just for one baseball team's local broadcasts alone.

whitemamba
07-16-2016, 11:11 AM
The notion that this is supposed to be healthy is hilarious. Yes, I understand that walking is is better than sitting, but you are not really doing anything unless your heart rate is at its target rate for burning fat. Ideally 70% of the max. That being said, I have been noticing scores of people just walking in groups playing this game, and imho. Its not "working out". It does nothing beneficial, it only wastes time. I am fine with it though, that's more stupid people out of the way.

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 11:57 AM
The notion that this is supposed to be healthy is hilarious. Yes, I understand that walking is is better than sitting, but you are not really doing anything unless your heart rate is at its target rate for burning fat. Ideally 70% of the max. That being said, I have been noticing scores of people just walking in groups playing this game, and imho. Its not "working out". It does nothing beneficial, it only wastes time. I am fine with it though, that's more stupid people out of the way.

You can lose weight walking, but you have to be careful with your diet. It won't do these fatties any good when mom takes them to McDonald's for their usual 1000 calorie meal after a "hard" Pokémon Go session. :lol

Relevancy
07-16-2016, 11:59 AM
Kids shouldn't have phones. Or the freedom to roam all over town.Kids shouldn't have phones I agree, but this pokemon go app makes them go outside, before they would just stay inside their house and play video games all day.. Making their lifes that sheltered at a young age is not good

whitemamba
07-16-2016, 12:04 PM
You can lose weight walking, but you have to be careful with your diet. It won't do these fatties any good when mom takes them to McDonald's for their usual 1000 calorie meal after a "hard" Pokémon Go session. :lol

:lol I mean yeah, sure you can lose a little,but nothing that noticeable and that's what really matters. Plus all the little groups I am noticing, have snacks on deck. Doritio's, Oreo's, Ice Cream etc. Very counter productive.

spurraider21
07-16-2016, 01:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r20tq3J0nn4

baseline bum
07-16-2016, 01:39 PM
So can cubby create a lure in his van? Is that how this works?

baseline bum
07-16-2016, 01:40 PM
The disappointment if he lures a 26 year old

apalisoc_9
07-16-2016, 01:53 PM
The disappointment if he lures a 26 year old

You talking about avante?

Reck
07-16-2016, 02:18 PM

He meant kids as an following them around. Apolisoc has a pedo and incest fetish.

Blizzardwizard
07-16-2016, 02:20 PM

:wow :lmao

Kawhitstorm
07-16-2016, 02:27 PM
Basketball and soccer have seen bigger declines in participation rates, so try again.

.....before nerdy rich white kids in the burbs got their hands on Pokemon.:wakeup

Black kids run them out of AAU & illegal Messicans still embarrassing AYSO products in highschool.:lol

Even w/ the embargo, you have Cubans sailing on milk crates stylin' on folks who grew up w/ white privilege.:lol

Kawhitstorm
07-16-2016, 02:33 PM
The Cardinals just signed a $1 billion TV deal last year. That's not a typo: FOX Sports is paying $1 billion just for one baseball team's local broadcasts alone.
Hicks in St Louis can't stand watching BBC's cuckin' white scrubs in the NBA so they stick to America's segregated past time.:wakeup

apalisoc_9
07-16-2016, 02:38 PM
Hicks in St Louis can't stand watching BBC's cuckin' white scrubs in the NBA so they stick to America's segregated past time.:wakeup

Thread
07-16-2016, 03:08 PM
So can cubby create a lure in his van? Is that how this works?

Don't start that shit with me, bum. I don't cotton to it.

K...
07-16-2016, 03:11 PM
..is for faggots

Obviously you don't know how rare and powerful vaporeon is. Unless you use squirtle to start you either have to evolve q gyrados or pick several of the mediocre water types. Golduck is probably rare. Psyduck is a joke.

K...
07-16-2016, 03:14 PM

Sports are about rules. You can't decide how to pay basketball. It had rules. Coaches can be creative but mostly it's just adapting style to talent. For most players thinking is to slow, you have to play sports by muscle memory to be good.

Thread
07-16-2016, 03:15 PM
Sports are about rules. You can't decide how to pay basketball. It had rules. Coaches can be creative but mostly it's just adapting style to talent. For most players thinking is to slow, you have to play sports by muscle memory to be good.

I can't believe there aren't others but this is the first cogent post I've seen from you, K....

Congratulations.

Chris
07-16-2016, 03:30 PM
..is for faggots

wtf is wrong with people smh

Joseph Kony
07-16-2016, 03:35 PM
..is for faggots

:lmao

what a bunch of fucking morons, galvanized for something that's not even real. wonder how long it will take for a Mohammed to plow over a crowd of dipshits chasing a digital pet

Gummi Clutch
07-16-2016, 03:53 PM

I don't normally agree with you, but A+ take :lol

DJR210
07-16-2016, 04:01 PM
Further proof the end of the world is right around the corner

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 05:10 PM

That doesn't make any sense. The MLB was integrated 3 years before the NBA. And the MLB is the most diverse league in North American sports. Asian stars, White stars, African American stars, Afro-South American stars, White-Latino Stars.

The NBA is black stars and Dirk :lol

LkrFan
07-16-2016, 05:11 PM

Indeed. Especially in the 210 area code! :lmao

Kool Bob Love
07-16-2016, 05:42 PM
:lol This thread having 1,000+ views. Y'all nerdy clowns playing too. Stop frontin.

Kawhitstorm
07-16-2016, 06:32 PM
That doesn't make any sense. The MLB was integrated 3 years before the NBA. And the MLB is the most diverse league in North American sports. Asian stars, White stars, African American stars, Afro-South American stars, White-Latino Stars.

The NBA is black stars and Dirk :lol

The NBA is a meritocracy league which does disenfranchise talent from the inner cities unlike Besibol which requires kids to travel across the country to play at the highest level: https://theundefeated.com/features/andrew-mccutchen-in-the-country-of-baseball/

Kids in South America have better chance of being recruited to the minors than a black kid in Louisiana. The nerdy white Jewish kids I knew in high-school played Besibol but couldn't make the team in any other sport including cross-country.:lol

Cuba has a sports academy & 99.9% of the defectors are of African descent. :toast

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 06:53 PM
The NBA is a meritocracy league which does disenfranchise talent from the inner cities unlike Besibol which requires kids to travel across the country to play at the highest level: https://theundefeated.com/features/andrew-mccutchen-in-the-country-of-baseball/

Kids in South America have better chance of being recruited to the minors than a black kid in Louisiana. The nerdy white Jewish kids I knew in high-school played Besibol but couldn't make the team in any other sport including cross-country.:lol

Cuba has a sports academy & 99.9% of the defectors are of African descent. :toast

I'm actually against the travel team model since it's basically a soccer-academy system in disguise, which I've spoken out against numerous times on here. But it has nothing to do with not wanting blacks to play and more to do with how good Dominican. Cuban, Venezuelan, and Japanese players have gotten over the past 2 or 3 decades, since their youth programs are far superior to ours here on average. Sadly, a kid learning the game informally from dad and then learning it from your average Little League coach won't be able to compete with kids who've been trained to play since literal birth, so the travel team model is a response to that.

MLB teams would LOVE American blacks to reengage with the game, and draft the next Rickey Henderson, Ozzie Smith, Barry Larkin, Bo Jackson (his first sport was always baseball), Barry Bonds, Ken Griffey Jr., etc, etc.

I don't know if that reengagement is possible, even if you promote the game in inner cities. Baseball doesn't have any connection to the "swag" and hip-hop culture like basketball does, so any inner city black kid who might choose baseball would be made fun of for playing a white sport. Nelly the rapper, a great high school shortstop, was often given shit for playing it.

Silver&Black
07-16-2016, 07:01 PM
"The San Diego County sheriffs department rescued two men who fell off the bluff in Encinitas near San Diego today, while playing Pokémon GO. They were not paying attention to where they were and evidently fell off the bluff down 50 to 100 feet.

The sheriffs department rescue them and took them to the hospital with moderate injuries."

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/07/16/news/pokmon-go-players-walk-off-cliff-in-san-diego/1607.html

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 07:01 PM

Also worth mentioning is that baseball is a game that needs to be taught since its learning curve is so ridiculously high. It's not a game in which you dominate through pure athleticism or pick up the skills just by playing (basketball skills are piss easy to learn by yourself out in the driveway), so the NBA really can't "disenfranchise" inner city youth because promoting basketball requires no financial commitment in the form of building courts, running camps, paying instructors, etc.

baseline bum
07-16-2016, 07:13 PM
Don't start that shit with me, bum. I don't cotton to it.

And here I thought you wouldn't be in such a cunty mood now that your candy budget for your preversions got slashed.

Kawhitstorm
07-16-2016, 07:18 PM
Also worth mentioning is that baseball is a game that needs to be taught since its learning curve is so ridiculously high. It's not a game in which you dominate through pure athleticism or pick up the skills just by playing (basketball skills are piss easy to learn by yourself out in the driveway), so the NBA really can't "disenfranchise" inner city youth because promoting basketball requires no financial commitment in the form of building courts, running camps, paying instructors, etc.

Bottom line is that black athletes w/ their fast-twitch muscles are better at Besibol than white folks with that same amount of training as proven by the Cuban sports academies.:toast

K...
07-16-2016, 07:27 PM
"The San Diego County sheriffs department rescued two men who fell off the bluff in Encinitas near San Diego today, while playing Pokémon GO. They were not paying attention to where they were and evidently fell off the bluff down 50 to 100 feet.

The sheriffs department rescue them and took them to the hospital with moderate injuries."

http://www.smobserved.com/story/2016/07/16/news/pokmon-go-players-walk-off-cliff-in-san-diego/1607.html

That's just Darwin doing his work as an Angel. They'll learn. Or the app will show no go areas for dumb assess. One of those things

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 07:30 PM
Bottom line is that black athletes w/ their fast-twitch muscles are better at Besibol than white folks with that same amount of training as proven by the Cuban sports academies.:toast

What's that have to do with the argument?

Are you implying that the "white" MLB old guard doesn't want blacks taking over their sport or something?

That's retarded, since it was the MLB themselves who set up these academies in the Dominican and other such places (they didn't set one up in Cuba because of the trade embargo), countries that are filled with people of African descent. And now the MLB is highly interested in Uganda, since there's a growing baseball movement there.

Believe me, the MLB and their marketers would freaking love a Ken Griffey Jr. type of star. In the early 90's, he was neck-and-neck with MJ as the US's most popular athlete.

You ever see the egomaniac Jordan ask for another athlete's autograph?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk2KnkDbI0c

StrengthAndHonor
07-16-2016, 07:42 PM
Jordan probably threw that bat as soon as he left the facility tbh.

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 07:43 PM
Jordan probably threw that bat as soon as he left the facility tbh.

Why would you say that? Jordan's first love was actually baseball.

Splits
07-16-2016, 07:53 PM

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 08:02 PM

You playing it, Splits?

K...
07-16-2016, 08:03 PM
Can we not pollute this thread with baseball vs anymore? I want to expose more "adults" who hate Pokemon because they are too ashamed to admit it's cool

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 08:07 PM
Can we not pollute this thread with baseball vs anymore? I want to expose more "adults" who hate Pokemon because they are too ashamed to admit it's cool

RGMCSE
07-16-2016, 08:55 PM
Lot of hurt nerd pussy up in here.

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 08:58 PM
Lot of hurt nerd pussy up in here.

I ain't trying to shame anyone. I love videogames. I just find it funny that this is being "celebrated" as a legitimate form of exercise and praised for getting kids out of the house when the fuckin' kids should already want to get out the house to play sports, skateboard, ride bikes, whatever.

07-16-2016, 09:06 PM

Leetonidas
07-16-2016, 09:20 PM
lol at anyone making fun of narutoluva but playing pokemon:lol

Kawhitstorm
07-16-2016, 10:07 PM
Are you implying that the "white" MLB old guard doesn't want blacks taking over their sport or something?

Hicks would ABSOLUTELY hate if the MLB was just like the NBA.:lol

Sean Cagney
07-16-2016, 10:14 PM

Also gets your ass hit by a car too. Just saying.....

Stalin
07-16-2016, 10:16 PM
Only faggots play pokemons..

Thread
07-16-2016, 10:53 PM
And here I thought you wouldn't be in such a cunty mood now that your candy budget for your preversions got slashed.

Fine. Are you still watching your children masturbate, bum?

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 10:59 PM
Hicks would ABSOLUTELY hate if the MLB was just like the NBA.:lol

No they wouldn't. Also don't know where you get this idea baseball is a "hick" sport when the biggest baseball regions are the East and West coast. Other than St. Louis, that region is foooobaw country.

You do realize that after Jordan and Ali, the most notable African American athletes in American sports culture (historically) are baseball players? Mays, Aaron, Jackie Robinson are much more important to American culture than Wilt, Bill Russell, Magic, etc.

Silver&Black
07-16-2016, 11:04 PM
No they wouldn't. Also don't know where you get this idea baseball is a "hick" sport when the biggest baseball regions are the East and West coast. Other than St. Louis, that region is foooobaw country.

You're gotdamn right, Mid. Mainly college fooobaw tbh.

People in the South don't give two shits about Beisbol or Kickball for that matter.

midnightpulp
07-16-2016, 11:15 PM
You're gotdamn right, Mid. Mainly college fooobaw tbh.

People in the South don't give two shits about Beisbol or Kickball for that matter.

He's not from the US, and is under the misconception that baseball is a redneck sport when it's always been more of a "Yankee" (not the team) sport.

apalisoc_9
07-17-2016, 01:06 AM
Wow..every thread is turning into a beisbol thread where beisbol fans proclaim 500lbs obese individuals are athletic. Fucking Groce.

Kawhitstorm
07-17-2016, 01:30 AM

Cards/Reds/Braves are all in hick country & dominated the NL for a good part of the last half century.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e4/Us_south_census.png

https://sideleague.files.wordpress.com/2014/08/mlb-map.gif

You do realize that after Jordan and Ali, the most notable African American athletes in American sports culture (historically) are baseball players? Mays, Aaron, Jackie Robinson are much more important to American culture than Wilt, Bill Russell, Magic, etc.

Hank Aaron is most underappreciated sports figures in the history of America.:wakeup

Babe got celebrated by white America, Hank on the other hand:

WEKvG08vGQ0

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 05:43 AM
Wow..every thread is turning into a beisbol thread where beisbol fans proclaim 500lbs obese individuals are athletic. Fucking Groce.

It's more interesting than talking about a non-game scavenger hunt where obese individuals chase around digital creatures :lol

Oh, and baseball only has a few fatties, and here's your favorite fatties (Prince Fielder and Pablo Sandoval) running over 18 mph, which would get them near a top ten sprint time in the EPL last season :lmao

http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/73955164/v482032783/houtex-prince-runs-home-at-18-mph-to-tie-the-game

:toast

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 05:54 AM
Cards/Reds/Braves are all in hick country & dominated the NL for a good part of the last half century.

Hank Aaron is most underappreciated sports figures in the history of America.:wakeup

Babe got celebrated by white America, Hank on the other hand:

Hank Aaron underappreciated :lol

Of course a black man is going to get death threats in the South during that era. The South doesn't/didn't represent how beloved Hank is/was across the country.

And just because a Southern team is good, doesn't transform that state into a baseball hotbed. Check out the Braves' attendance prior and after the Maddux/Glavine/Smoltz era.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/teams/ATL/attend.shtml

A lot of 12 out of 12, 11 out of 12, etc. Also compare the Braves attendance to that of Milwaukee, and you'll see Milwaukee drew, likely because of Hank.

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 08:35 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36814165/man-in-new-zealand-quits-his-job-to-play-pokemon-go-full-time

:lol Today's Millennials

Splits
07-17-2016, 10:29 AM
You playing it, Splits?

:lol fuck no

Splits
07-17-2016, 10:33 AM
MLdWbwQJWI0

0GmiLUCrxUI

K...
07-17-2016, 10:36 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36814165/man-in-new-zealand-quits-his-job-to-play-pokemon-go-full-time

:lol Today's Millennials

Tom Currie worked as a barista and bartender at a seaside restaurant on the Hibiscus Coast near Auckland, but has decided to jack that in to find digital creatures on his phone instead.

Oh no we lost a barista, how will i get good coffee in Australia

Splits
07-17-2016, 10:44 AM
:lol Capri

CkTb39NNj8E

Ghazi
07-17-2016, 11:49 AM
I won the 2005 Pokemon National Championships for the TCG, tbh

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 11:50 AM
:lol fuck no

:toast to Gen-X, brother.

Splits
07-17-2016, 11:55 AM
:toast to Gen-X, brother.

If you've got any PC game recs for me, I'm looking for a new one

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 11:57 AM
If you've got any PC game recs for me, I'm looking for a new one

The Witcher 3 was real good. I remember you saying that you liked Skyrim, and this is a Medieval rpg in a similar vein.

Splits
07-17-2016, 12:00 PM
The Witcher 3 was real good. I remember you saying that you liked Skyrim, and this is a Medieval rpg in a similar vein.

May try it. I tried to play 2 but couldn't get into it.

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 12:05 PM
MLdWbwQJWI0

0GmiLUCrxUI

Jesus. :lol

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 12:06 PM

What other genres do you like?

Splits
07-17-2016, 12:14 PM
What other genres do you like?

Haven't really gotten into anything in awhile, last I enjoyed besides Skyrim and were Diablo 3 and Tropico. Not into 2d or FPS. No time for MMO. Did you try Dragon Age Inquisition? Thinking about that...

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 12:19 PM
Haven't really gotten into anything in awhile, last I enjoyed besides Skyrim and were Diablo 3 and Tropico. Not into 2d or FPS. No time for MMO. Did you try Dragon Age Inquisition? Thinking about that...

Haven't played a Dragon Age since the first, but if it's anything like the first, should be good.

From what I understand, the first is still the best in the series, so if you haven't played it, might want to give that one a try.

Joseph Kony
07-17-2016, 12:40 PM

Witcher 3 is one of the top 3 games I've ever played. definitely worth it.

Joseph Kony
07-17-2016, 12:41 PM
also Inquisition was meh. if you want to control 4 characters lol. also takes like 30 hours to even fucking get anywhere in the beginning. i got bored of it

ElNono
07-17-2016, 01:02 PM

Couldn't get into 2 either, but 3 is open world, just a different experience, tbh... although I gotta say, it's a huge game, and for me at least, ran out of steam after a while...

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 01:07 PM
Couldn't get into 2 either, but 3 is open world, just a different experience, tbh... although I gotta say, it's a huge game, and for me at least, ran out of steam after a while...

How you doing on Pokemon Go?

Oh, and after the Timmy grief period ends, bring back Potato Vader. That avi is El Nono!

Kawhitstorm
07-17-2016, 01:07 PM
Hank Aaron underappreciated :lol

Yup, he is no where near as revered as Wilt, Bill Russell, Magic as you claimed.:lol

Of course a black man is going to get death threats in the South during that era. The South doesn't/didn't represent how beloved Hank is/was across the country.

Bill Russell played in what is STILL one of the most racist towns in the country & was beloved.:lol

The Hank Aaron award came about b/c of "white guilt" after 25 years to makeup for all the shit he took from the NATIONAL media/audience.

:wakeup

apalisoc_9
07-17-2016, 01:15 PM
Lots of Pokemon go moms playing with their kids..If i wasnt committed this would be a perfect opportunity. Lol..

It's pretty awesome

ElNono
07-17-2016, 01:16 PM
How you doing on Pokemon Go?

Oh, and after the Timmy grief period ends, bring back Potato Vader. That avi is El Nono!

:lol Never played Pokemon anything... don't even know what's about... Gen-X here too, tbh... but not gonna bag on whoever is playing, apparently Nintendo is making a killing with this... I won't touch it though

Potato Vader will probably come back when the season starts, tbh...

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 01:16 PM
Yup, he is no where near as revered as Wilt, Bill Russell, Magic as you claimed.:lol

Bill Russell played in what is STILL one of the most racist towns in the country & was beloved.:lol

The Hank Aaron award came about b/c of "white guilt" after 25 years to makeup for all the shit he took from the NATIONAL media/audience.

:wakeup

You're not from the US, so I don't get why you think you have the authority to speak in this case.

The all-time homerun record was the record in American sports, and Aaron (legitimately) holding it for 40 years made him revered and larger than life, a myth among men. The NBA was a fringe league on its death bed until Magic and Bird saved it. Wilt's 100 point game wasn't even televised :lol

Hank's 715th homer is a top 10 iconic moment in US sports history. Nothing Magic, Wilt, or Russell did comes close to that.

Fabbs
07-17-2016, 01:19 PM

Fabbs
07-17-2016, 01:20 PM
This.
If it gets modern day sedentary out and exercising, even mildly, it is good.

Kawhitstorm
07-17-2016, 01:33 PM
You're not from the US, so I don't get why you think you have the authority to speak in this case.

7nhdNvNg60M

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 01:41 PM
7nhdNvNg60M

How does a player encountering racism make him less iconic and beloved?

Jackie Robinson and Hank Aaron are iconic and beloved because they persevered and excelled while having to battle racism. Watch the clip of Hank belting 715 and the crowd going wild with Scully saying, "A black man is getting a standing ovation in the deep south."

gambit1990
07-17-2016, 01:45 PM

:lol what video game has kids make ten baskets, dribble a soccer ball for 500 feet? do you know what a video game is?

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 01:50 PM
:lol what video game has kids make ten baskets, dribble a soccer ball for 500 feet? do you know what a video game is?

My favorite retard shows up.

"What video game has people walking for miles to complete challenges?"

Apparently, Pokemon Go does. So instead of the challenges being centered around slowly walking around, they could be centered on a physical activity that is actually challenging and skill based.

Kawhitstorm
07-17-2016, 02:01 PM
Watch the clip of Hank belting 715 and the crowd going wild with Scully saying, "A black man is getting a standing ovation in the deep south."

Hicks paying to watch a black man breaking white fat Jesus's record.:lmao
The folks that were in the stadium were the few that didn't practice overt racism.:wakeup(The majority were at their home throwing eggs at their radio & TV screen or burning news papers the following morning)

Larry Holmes dealt w/ the same issue when he was threatening to break Rocky Marciano's record in the 80s.

There is nothing that gets white folks riled up than successful black men who threaten to surpass the legacy of the white men they worship.

gambit1990
07-17-2016, 02:01 PM
My favorite retard shows up.

"What video game has people walking for miles to complete challenges?"

Apparently, Pokemon Go does. So instead of the challenges being centered around slowly walking around, they could be centered on a physical activity that is actually challenging and skill based.
you can't quantify ten made baskets or dribbling a soccer ball for 500 feet with a free smartphone app. you know what you can do easily? track a user's location.

you manage to not think enough while thinking too much.

gambit1990
07-17-2016, 02:02 PM
and not every kid has a basketball or a soccer ball anyways. you don't limit your market dumbass.

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 02:08 PM
Hicks paying to watch a black man breaking white fat Jesus's record.:lmao
The folks that were in the stadium were the few that didn't practice overt racism.:wakeup(The majority were at their home throwing eggs at their radio & TV screen or burning news papers the following morning)

Still haven't answered the question.

How does that make him less iconic or beloved? Even if I concede he's not beloved, how does it make him less iconic?

He was beloved by the majority of Americans outside of the deep south, though. Like all foreigners, you judge the US by what occurs in the South.

Muhammed Ali pissed off more rednecks than anyone, and he's beloved by the majority of modern day Americans.

Splits
07-17-2016, 02:16 PM
Witcher 3 is one of the top 3 games I've ever played. definitely worth it.

:tu

Thanks, I'll piratebay, errrrr steam it tonight

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 02:19 PM
you can't quantify ten made baskets or dribbling a soccer ball for 500 feet with a free smartphone app. you know what you can do easily? track a user's location.

you manage to not think enough while thinking too much.

Sure you can. If a parent is doing their job properly, a 6-10 year old shouldn't have their own smartphone, and if they do, the smartphone should be parental locked in some fashion. This means a parent would be the one to quantify the challenge (i.e. after little Jimmy makes 10 baskets, the parent tells Pokemon Go he completed the challenge and little Jimmy gets his Fagasaur or whatever).

"They might not have a court!"

Make the local court a Pokestop. People are having little issue driving around for 100 miles searching for shit, so this shouldn't be a problem.

"Don't have a ball."

:lol Today's Millennial parents. A cheap basketball or soccerball costs 9.99 at Walmart.

Kawhitstorm
07-17-2016, 02:28 PM
How does that make him less iconic or beloved? Even if I concede he's not beloved, how does it make him less iconic?

Go ask the average American sports fan that doesn't follow Besibol who Hank Aaron is & get back at me. Hank Aaron is to Beisbol what Larry Holmes is to boxing, the white media was busy trying to undermine their achievements when they were in their primes that they legacy has been diminished. Promoting an athlete two decades after they retired b/c of "white guilt" works as well as trying to sell a movie w/ a washed up actor.:lol

Haters still hatin' on the GOAT batter- http://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/ratings.cgi

Kawhitstorm
07-17-2016, 02:34 PM
Muhammed Ali pissed off more rednecks than anyone, and he's beloved by the majority of modern day Americans.

Ali beat other BLACK fighters or foreigners, there were no Great White American Hope boxers during his period. If he had threatened Marciano's record in the 70s then he would have been getting hate mail like Hank Aaron........my bad, he did for refusing to sign up for the draft.:lol

HarlemHeat37
07-17-2016, 02:48 PM

:lol you're setting the bar way too high, tbh..

In the case of the kids we're discussing, half of them are nerds that spend virtually all their time playing video games..it's simply a matter of walking vs. sitting indoors, burning 50 calories vs. 0..the former is much better, regardless, it's not like they're going to drop the game and go to the gym:lol

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 02:55 PM
Go ask the average American sports fan that doesn't follow Besibol who Hank Aaron is & get back at me. Hank Aaron is to Beisbol what Larry Holmes is to boxing, the white media was busy trying to undermine their achievements when they were in their primes that they legacy has been diminished. Promoting an athlete two decades after they retired b/c of "white guilt" works as well as trying to sell a movie w/ a washed up actor.:lol

Haters still hatin' on the GOAT batter- http://www.baseball-reference.com/friv/ratings.cgi

That's not a good argument. The average American sports fan is highly casual. There has really only been 3 American athletes that are well known by the general American public: Ali, Jordan, Ruth (Perhaps Tyson and OJ, as well). I am of course talking about athletes who played before the 24/7 era media cycle.

Ask a casual about Bill Russell, Wilt, Walter Payton, Kareem, and you'll likely get a blank stare.

Kool Bob Love
07-17-2016, 03:05 PM
Jay Z made the Yankee hat more famous then any Yankee did.

apalisoc_9
07-17-2016, 03:10 PM
Sure you can. If a parent is doing their job properly, a 6-10 year old shouldn't have their own smartphone, and if they do, the smartphone should be parental locked in some fashion. This means a parent would be the one to quantify the challenge (i.e. after little Jimmy makes 10 baskets, the parent tells Pokemon Go he completed the challenge and little Jimmy gets his Fagasaur or whatever).

"They might not have a court!"

Make the local court a Pokestop. People are having little issue driving around for 100 miles searching for shit, so this shouldn't be a problem.

"Don't have a ball."

:lol Today's Millennial parents. A cheap basketball or soccerball costs 9.99 at Walmart.

Some courts are pokestops. What are you on about bro?

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 03:14 PM
Some courts are pokestops. What are you on about bro?

I don't doubt some are. But there's still no challenges based around doing something athletic.

Kawhitstorm
07-17-2016, 03:26 PM
Ask a casual about Bill Russell, Wilt, Walter Payton, Kareem, and you'll likely get a blank stare.

Wilt/Russell played in an era where games weren't even recorded let alone on tape delay.:lol Basketball nerds who didn't grow up watching him do even know what to make of Russell.:lol

On the other hand, Kareem is actually pretty popular among casual fans b/c of his Hollywood ventures despite the majority of his prime being on tape delay: http://www.businessinsider.com/kareem-abdul-jabbar-airplane-story-movie-2015-10

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 03:30 PM
Wilt/Russell played in an era where games weren't even recorded let alone on tape delay.:lol Basketball nerds who didn't grow up watching him do even know what to make of Russell.:lol

On the other hand, Kareem is actually pretty popular among casual fans b/c of his Hollywood ventures despite the majority of his prime being on tape delay: http://www.businessinsider.com/kareem-abdul-jabbar-airplane-story-movie-2015-10

Kareem is definitely a top 20 American sports figure.

TheCultOfPersonality
07-17-2016, 04:06 PM
Love me some Pikachu.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic175663_46.gifhttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/CngLDQ1WIAAPuLQ.jpg

PIKA PIKA PIKA!

apalisoc_9
07-17-2016, 09:56 PM
Should make this the official Pokemon Go Thread.

Anyways, walked around today in the neighbourhood from 830 to 910 and caught a pidgetto. How does lure work? I wanna set up a lure and see how many people come :lol

Went to the nearest park and some dude set up a lure there and tons of couples/Parents with their kids and some singles showed up :lol

midnightpulp
07-17-2016, 10:40 PM

Anyways, walked around today in the neighbourhood from 830 to 910 and caught a pidgetto. How does lure work? I wanna set up a lure and see how many people come :lol

Went to the nearest park and some dude set up a lure there and tons of couples/Parents with their kids and some singles showed up :lol

You in the States right now?

apalisoc_9
07-17-2016, 11:27 PM
You in the States right now?

Canada bro. So not as populated but there'sa noticable amount of players playing in their neighbourhood. I wonder if I can set a lure at kool's place.. he'd finally get to see women coming over to his place for the first time..:lol

Kool Bob Love
07-17-2016, 11:53 PM

What level are you?

apalisoc_9
07-18-2016, 12:48 AM
I just reached level 4. I'm going to hit up the gyms in my neighbourhood once i reach level 5 and battle...so probably around wed.

resistanze
07-18-2016, 02:00 AM
I went to Japantown to meet friends for lunch, and seriously every other person was looking down at their phone, wandering aimlessly :lmao

chunticakes
07-18-2016, 02:17 AM
I'm level 8 but I haven't caught anything crazy. My strongest is a Pidgeot CP467 I evolved from a Pidgey. There's nothing but Ratatas and Pidgeys around here, tbh..

Koolaid_Man
07-18-2016, 05:24 AM
It's simple..you play pokemon youre a loser....not surprised Spur fan is advocating this shit

Koolaid_Man
07-18-2016, 05:30 AM
Awesome...let the bloodshed begin....:lol

A Florida homeowner opened fire on two teenagers who were playing “Pokemon Go” outside his house after mistaking them for burglars.

The unidentified 37-year-old told police he spotted the duo, aged 16 and 19, sitting inside a white car that was parked near his Palm Coast home at 1:30 a.m. on Saturday.

He’d been woken by a loud noise and went outside (https://www.facebook.com/notes/flagler-county-sheriffs-office/pok%C3%A9mon-go-hunters-shot-at-this-morning-in-palm-coast/629038090604393), armed with a handgun, to investigate, according to a Flagler County Sheriff’s Office statement.

As he approached the vehicle, he told deputies that he heard one of the teenagers say, “Did you get anything? (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-36818384)” ― which was actually in reference to the virtual reality monsters that players catch in the game. But, thinking the two were up to no good, he stepped in front of the car and ordered them not to move.

When the driver accelerated the car toward him, he jumped out of the way and “discharged his handgun several times at the vehicle,” per the sheriff’s office (https://www.facebook.com/flaglercounty.sheriffsoffice/)statement.

The teens sped off and the homeowner called deputies, who arrived to interview him. A search for the vehicle proved fruitless, until 10:30 a.m., when the 19-year-old’s mother called police after noticing the vehicle had bullet holes in the hubcap, fender and rear tire.

“Since they were not injured and there was no (apparent) damage to the vehicle (http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/gaming/2016/07/16/pokmon-trainers-shot-palm-coast-florida/87207116/), they thought it was someone trying to scare them and this is why they did not contact law enforcement or tell their parents,” the sheriff’s office statement added.

See how retarded these people are...almost got killed and thought someone was just trying to scare them....:lol fucking pokemon....

apalisoc_9
07-18-2016, 08:48 AM
I'm level 8 but I haven't caught anything crazy. My strongest is a Pidgeot CP467 I evolved from a Pidgey. There's nothing but Ratatas and Pidgeys around here, tbh..

I have a pidgetto at level 4. Some dude set up a lure in our Park :lol

benefactor
07-18-2016, 09:45 AM
My girlfriend texted me from day surgery this morning. She said they have their first victim. Guy fell off a retaining wall and broke his wrist.:lol

Ghazi
07-18-2016, 10:55 AM
All I seem to get are Rattata and Pidgey... is it even worth capturing a ton of them for the Candy and to try and evolve? you only have room for 250 Pokemon..

Ghazi
07-18-2016, 11:04 AM
I have 90 Pokemon, and the highest CP is Haunter 264 Drowzee 192 and Pidgeotto 179... I've seen others get some monster pokemon.... how are they doing it?

apalisoc_9
07-18-2016, 11:04 AM
All I seem to get are Rattata and Pidgey... is it even worth capturing a ton of them for the Candy and to try and evolve? you only have room for 250 Pokemon..

Not even sure. Can't you let go of them or something? Only started playing two days ago and level 4. You need to go to places with purple marks..that means someone set up a lure there and it would last for 30 mins.

Kool Bob Love
07-18-2016, 12:06 PM

Not really for them two. I caught a Pidgeot and Raticate last night at a park in SA.

Kool Bob Love
07-18-2016, 12:09 PM
The tracking system fucking sucks right now tho. :lol

RGMCSE
07-18-2016, 12:13 PM
It's simple..you play pokemon youre a loser....not surprised Spur fan is advocating this shit

This is a global epidemic you dipshit.

07-18-2016, 12:18 PM
Wake up sheeple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qrP7LJWx6k

DAF86
07-18-2016, 12:25 PM
This shit is reaching dangerous levels of retardness, tbh. Guys getting shot, guys getting injured, guys getting robbed, vehicle crashes, folks walking around like zombies.

I didn't have any problem with this at first but shit is proving to be detrimental to the well being of the population, tbh. :lol

K...
07-18-2016, 12:29 PM
This shit is reaching dangerous levels of retardness, tbh. Guys getting shot, guys getting injured, guys getting robbed, vehicle crashes, folks walking around like zombies.

I didn't have any problem with this at first but shit is proving to be detrimental to the well being of the population, tbh. :lol

Uh, given how many players shit like this is statically meaningless. When injuries rise to 2% of player wake me up

DAF86
07-18-2016, 12:38 PM
Uh, given how many players shit like this is statically meaningless. When injuries rise to 2% of player wake me up

All those things I listed are (way) more likely to happen doing this "Go Pokemon" shit than playing any other usual childs game. I don't care if only 1 out of 100 kids that do this get mugged. That % is still considerably higher than that of a kid that isn't walking around like a mindless person exposing his cell phone and without paying attention to what happens around him.

whitemamba
07-18-2016, 12:44 PM
:lol you're setting the bar way too high, tbh..

In the case of the kids we're discussing, half of them are nerds that spend virtually all their time playing video games..it's simply a matter of walking vs. sitting indoors, burning 50 calories vs. 0..the former is much better, regardless, it's not like they're going to drop the game and go to the gym:lol

My bar is set naturally high when it comes to being in good health, but I get what your saying. Still sad to me either way.

ambchang
07-18-2016, 01:52 PM
I find it innately immoral to imprison helpless creatures for your own entertainment.

I am starting PETP, People for the Ethical Treatment of Pokemons.

Trainwreck2100
07-18-2016, 02:29 PM

You transfer the duplicated to get more candy

DisAsTerBot
07-18-2016, 02:37 PM
grown men play this shit? pathetic tbh

Kool Bob Love
07-18-2016, 04:41 PM
grown men play this shit? pathetic tbh

You're a grown man with a screen name typed out like a 13 year old girl, on a basketball message board, pathetic TBH.

Culbum369
07-18-2016, 04:51 PM
You're a grown man with a screen name typed out like a 13 year old girl, on a basketball message board, pathetic TBH.

What's wrong with 13 year old girls?

apalisoc_9
07-18-2016, 05:23 PM
They're not 12 year old girls..Avante told me that.

07-18-2016, 06:20 PM
nvm apa beat me to it :lol

HI-FI
07-18-2016, 06:25 PM

DisAsTerBot
07-19-2016, 06:02 PM

Hahaha Struck a nerve I see. Caught em all yet? Tbh

The Reckoning
07-19-2016, 06:04 PM
don't play it myself but it's a boost to local landmarks. people are getting out and learning about the city they live in. nothing wrong with that. better than mom's basement, tbh.

The Reckoning
07-19-2016, 06:18 PM
Wake up sheeple

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qrP7LJWx6k

I for one welcome our new Pokemon overlords.

tonight...you
07-19-2016, 06:24 PM
I for one welcome our new Pokemon overlords.
Lol. Nice.
Never played it in any of it's forms, but I don't really care what other people do.
I'd rather the rules be you can't chase a Pokemon unless you're naked. That would be more fun!

Clipper Nation
07-19-2016, 06:45 PM
They're not 12 year old girls..Avante told me that.

apalisoc_9
07-20-2016, 11:20 PM
Wow..

Every business with a pokestop is now using lures and poke ads to lure customers...fucking Genuis. :lol