UZER
07-15-2016, 09:29 PM
The Red Cockroach

BillMc
07-15-2016, 09:29 PM
Matty needs to teach Davis the ropes.

TheCerebral1
07-15-2016, 09:49 PM
Can we just let him become an assistant coach. It's terrible watching him play at this age. We have athleticism on the bench now. We don't need a water boy.

turb0time
07-15-2016, 09:49 PM
Red Mamba lives to see another day

spurraider21
07-15-2016, 09:52 PM
II hope he gets a manu-esque payday to thank him for playing under market value all these years

Duncan2177
07-15-2016, 09:55 PM
https://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/19399436.jpg

cutewizard
07-15-2016, 09:55 PM
Bonner is immortal, probably one of them vampires or reptilians, lol

what can we do, we just watch him and hope someday he lowers his guard, lol

my gawd, what a bonner!

Mikeanaro
07-15-2016, 09:58 PM
Thats a sign that Spurs are not even trying to improve, having that useless POS again wasting one spot means that new people dont stand a chance.
He cooks for the team or do dirty things to please them? wtf?

Obi Juan Kenobi
07-15-2016, 10:04 PM
As if there was any doubt... :depressed

tmtcsc
07-15-2016, 11:22 PM

Buford didn't rule out letting him walk either. #Spurs

-- TMTCSC (@not_tom_osborn) July 15, 2016

TimDunkem
07-16-2016, 12:05 AM
Matty needs to teach Davis the ropes.
So stick him in with the coaches. No need to waste a roster spot.

SnakeBoy
07-16-2016, 12:17 AM
but he spreads the floor

td4mvp2k
07-16-2016, 12:21 AM
they should of signed him already tbh

Emperor
07-16-2016, 12:24 AM
I'll protest outside Spurs practice facility if this happens.

SpurPadre
07-16-2016, 12:29 AM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0pKymngWgJw

.G.
07-16-2016, 12:52 AM
Matt Bonner Basketball!!!!

TheGoldStandard
07-16-2016, 01:01 AM
He can teach Bertans to pass up wide open shots..

horsielove
07-16-2016, 01:02 AM
but he spreads the floor

the only thing his spreading is pop's buttcheeks. :bang

Sean Cagney
07-16-2016, 01:03 AM
Fuck.

Cloud786
07-16-2016, 01:12 AM
Can't wait till his Jersey hangs up in the rafters next to Tim Duncan's.

spurtech09
07-16-2016, 01:13 AM
The Bonner effect......Much love...

07-16-2016, 02:49 AM
Damn, the Spurs must be truly desperate.

GSH
07-16-2016, 03:23 AM
Actually, there's a way Bonner could still be useful. Bonner wants to finish his career at Boston. Boston needs shooters, because they couldn't shoot for shit last year. The Spurs need some PG insurance, IMO. Terry Rozier looked so good in SL, I think the Celts are going to look to trade away Marcus Smart. Smart is a reasonably good backup PG, but he's not a good shooter. Bonner has Bird rights, and Smart will "only" be making around $3.5M this season.

So... sign Bonner to a 1-year, for whatever it will take to balance the salaries, and trade him to Boston for Marcus Smart. Bonner couldn't be traded without his consent, but he wants to go to Boston. And Boston could use a good outside shooter, as well as a veteran presence. Maybe they would want a future 2nd-rounder, to feel better about the deal. But I think it's reasonable, and do-able, and everybody wins. If Chip could improve his shooting even a little bit, it could be an even better deal for the Spurs.

venitian navigator
07-16-2016, 03:27 AM
I like him like a Bertan's coach...but no way he should be signed for a roster spot.
With Bertans on the team his role is already taken...and given the new direction the team is going (faster, more athletic) he loks like the opposite we should be looking at.
The point is that if LJC is not going to make the team (like looks more and more possible, given his bad performances on sl) and just signed with the Austin Spurs (so he can try to improve and at the same time receive his money) we're gonna have two spots available on the front line...one for center and one for power forward.
My guess is that for one of these spots we could wait and see who's gonna be cut from other teams (Splitter back would be ideal), while the other spot could be already filled with current free agents...there are some interesting names still available (Lee, J. Thompson, T.Robinson)...

Sean Cagney
07-16-2016, 03:28 AM
Actually, there's a way Bonner could still be useful. Bonner wants to finish his career at Boston. Boston needs shooters, because they couldn't shoot for shit last year. The Spurs need some PG insurance, IMO. Terry Rozier looked so good in SL, I think the Celts are going to look to trade away Marcus Smart. Smart is a reasonably good backup PG, but he's not a good shooter. Bonner has Bird rights, and Smart will "only" be making around $3.5M this season.

So... sign Bonner to a 1-year, for whatever it will take to balance the salaries, and trade him to Boston for Marcus Smart. Bonner couldn't be traded without his consent, but he wants to go to Boston. And Boston could use a good outside shooter, as well as a veteran presence. Maybe they would want a future 2nd-rounder, to feel better about the deal. But I think it's reasonable, and do-able, and everybody wins. If Chip could improve his shooting even a little bit, it could be an even better deal for the Spurs.Spurs are the only fucking team dumb enough to want Bonner unfortunately, Boston doesn't want him damnit! His wish to play there is one way......

GSH
07-16-2016, 03:38 AM
Spurs are the only fucking team dumb enough to want Bonner unfortunately, Boston doesn't want him damnit! His wish to play there is one way......

Well, hell, I knew I should have called Ainge first. But it's an hour later there, and I didn't want to disturb him. No sense asking now. :lol

Uriel
07-16-2016, 04:25 AM

So... sign Bonner to a 1-year, for whatever it will take to balance the salaries, and trade him to Boston for Marcus Smart. Bonner couldn't be traded without his consent, but he wants to go to Boston. And Boston could use a good outside shooter, as well as a veteran presence. Maybe they would want a future 2nd-rounder, to feel better about the deal. But I think it's reasonable, and do-able, and everybody wins. If Chip could improve his shooting even a little bit, it could be an even better deal for the Spurs.
If Boston wanted Bonner, couldn't they just sign him outright for the veteran minimum? It's not like he's receiving any offers on the open market anyway.

cutewizard
07-16-2016, 05:24 AM
Bonner, please man, just .................

Just leave.

r0drig0lac
07-16-2016, 06:00 AM

http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif

hooperflash
07-16-2016, 06:34 AM

Hit'em with that force lightning and shit, tbh.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2016, 06:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

TheGreatYacht
07-16-2016, 08:05 AM
Only casuals want that faggot back.

I doubt Dejounte wants advice from a bonafied bum, so fuck that "veteran leadership"

#WhitePrivelage

Spurs9
07-16-2016, 08:53 AM
Boiled down:
Bonner:2
Durrant:0

elemento
07-16-2016, 08:55 AM
:nope

K...
07-16-2016, 08:59 AM
Boiled down:
Bonner:2
Durrant:0

and probably a higher average plus minus too

dbestpro
07-16-2016, 09:24 AM
The Spurs are in need of two more bigs, and the cubbard is pretty bare, with very little money to spend. Bonner can eat minutes and spread the floor. Not the first choice, but maybe the best choice under the circumstances.

GSH
07-16-2016, 09:24 AM
If Boston wanted Bonner, couldn't they just sign him outright for the veteran minimum? It's not like he's receiving any offers on the open market anyway.

They could... but. The Celtics have two problems:

1) They were one of the worst shooting teams in the league last year.
2) Roster spots. They picked 6 players in the draft this year, and Ainge doesn't want to break up the group of players they already have under contract, unless it's for a very good player.

But if they can't get a deal done, that leaves them with a bunch of young guys, and a bunch of guys who can't shoot. Smart hasn't been worth anything as trade bait, but he's going to be taking up a roster spot (and he can't shoot). So they might not be willing to just bring Bonner in out of the cold to take a roster spot - but they might rather have his shooting and experience in the spot that Smart is filling.

Smart isn't a dump, but he's just not very attractive to most teams, either. So a future second round pick might be enough for Boston to consider a swap, and get a shooter on the bench. I don't know how much you watched the Celtics play last year, but they lost a lot of games just because they couldn't put enough points on the board. An extra couple of 3-pointers from the bench would have made a real difference in their W/L record. They went through a lot of stretches where nobody could put the damn ball in the hole.

I'm not just wishful thinking. It's a question of Boston having one useless roster spot vs. having a player that contributes something they need. I'd actually like to see Smart on the bench, compared to a lot of what is left.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2016, 09:27 AM
#WhitePrivelage

That made me :lol

Obstructed_View
07-16-2016, 09:30 AM
They could... but. The Celtics have two problems:

1) They were one of the worst shooting teams in the league last year.
2) Roster spots. They picked 6 players in the draft this year, and Ainge doesn't want to break up the group of players they already have under contract, unless it's for a very good player.

But if they can't get a deal done, that leaves them with a bunch of young guys, and a bunch of guys who can't shoot. Smart hasn't been worth anything as trade bait, but he's going to be taking up a roster spot (and he can't shoot). So they might not be willing to just bring Bonner in out of the cold to take a roster spot - but they might rather have his shooting and experience in the spot that Smart is filling.

Smart isn't a dump, but he's just not very attractive to most teams, either. So a future second round pick might be enough for Boston to consider a swap, and get a shooter on the bench. I don't know how much you watched the Celtics play last year, but they lost a lot of games just because they couldn't put enough points on the board. An extra couple of 3-pointers from the bench would have made a real difference in their W/L record. They went through a lot of stretches where nobody could put the damn ball in the hole.

I'm not just wishful thinking. It's a question of Boston having one useless roster spot vs. having a player that contributes something they need. I'd actually like to see Smart on the bench, compared to a lot of what is left.

How does that work? The Spurs don't have the salary to trade for him. Do you throw in Mills?

bklynspursfan
07-16-2016, 09:34 AM
To those complaining, I'm curious how this really affects anything either way....

GSH
07-16-2016, 09:36 AM
How does that work? The Spurs don't have the salary to trade for him. Do you throw in Mills?

If I'm not mistaken (and I frequently am), I think Bonner's Bird rights would let the Spurs do the same thing they did with Manu, which is to sign him for money that puts them over the cap. (Or more than the min, if they're already over the cap.)

I honestly don't know where the Spurs are vs. the cap right now, so I don't know the exact dollar number they would have to pay Bonner to make the salaries match. It wouldn't have to be exactly the amount Smart is getting. But Smart is making about $3.5M, so if they signed Bonner for that amount, I don't think there is anything that would stand in the way of the teams swapping those two.

Bonner has Full Bird at this point, so a 1-year deal would mean that he couldn't be traded with out his consent. But he wants to go to Boston, so that wouldn't be a problem. I don't know... I think it works.

BTW - throwing in Mills would totally defeat the purpose. I'm looking at PG insurance, and maybe a change of pace player for specific situations - with a bonus if Chip could help him with his shot. Losing Mills to gain Smart would be a bad trade.

Obstructed_View
07-16-2016, 09:45 AM
If I'm not mistaken (and I frequently am), I think Bonner's Bird rights would let the Spurs do the same thing they did with Manu, which is to sign him for money that puts them over the cap. (Or more than the min, if they're already over the cap.)

I honestly don't know where the Spurs are vs. the cap right now, so I don't know the exact dollar number they would have to pay Bonner to make the salaries match. It wouldn't have to be exactly the amount Smart is getting. But Smart is making about $3.5M, so if they signed Bonner for that amount, I don't think there is anything that would stand in the way of the teams swapping those two.

Bonner has Full Bird at this point, so a 1-year deal would mean that he couldn't be traded with out his consent. But he wants to go to Boston, so that wouldn't be a problem. I don't know... I think it works.

BTW - throwing in Mills would totally defeat the purpose. I'm looking at PG insurance, and maybe a change of pace player for specific situations - with a bonus if Chip could help him with his shot. Losing Mills to gain Smart would be a bad trade.

That's why I asked the question. I was at the mercy of the ESPN trade machine, which is woefully out of date. yet still superior to my NBA salary knowledge.

dbestpro
07-16-2016, 09:46 AM
In regards to Bonner to Boston, one way to get younger could be a sign and trade and grab some of the extra youth has. Of course for this to work you might have to see someone like Danny Green traded along with Bonner to get some bench size and youth. Oylnyck or Zeller, plus Smart, maybe Mickey or Hunter or even some of the drat players. Could see a two for four swap to dill out our roster. Od course Boston has to get over its current infatuation of Westbrook and Griffen.

GSH
07-16-2016, 09:57 AM
In regards to Bonner to Boston, one way to get younger could be a sign and trade and grab some of the extra youth has. Of course for this to work you might have to see someone like Danny Green traded along with Bonner to get some bench size and youth. Oylnyck or Zeller, plus Smart, maybe Mickey or Hunter or even some of the drat players. Could see a two for four swap to dill out our roster. Od course Boston has to get over its current infatuation of Westbrook and Griffen.

I can't even think through the idea of a multi-player swap this morning. It'll give me a headache. But I'm not crazy about the thought of trading Green, just because the starting 5 looks pretty good right now - especially if Danny comes back hitting some 3's.

You mentioned Westbrook, and the rumors (worth what you pay for them) are saying that Boston really has a shot at getting him. If that were to happen, they REALLY wouldn't need Smart. But Bonner's perimeter shooting would make even more sense. I don't think OKC would be especially interested in Smart as part of a deal, but I could be wrong. If not, the deal I'm talking about would be cap-neutral, so it wouldn't HURT Boston's chances of landing Westbrook.

Every deal is far-fetched. I'm sometimes amazed that any of them happen. I just think Smart fills a need the Spurs have as well as anyone they have a chance at getting, and I'm pretty sure Boston will want to move him. This was the only way I could think of to swing it, without giving up another piece.

baseline bum
07-16-2016, 10:06 AM
:lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

loveforthegame
07-16-2016, 10:09 AM
Bonner will outlast them all. :pctoss

GSH
07-16-2016, 10:22 AM
One more thing - the Celtics are in the middle of a long re-build. Ainge has said flat-out that he's not going to compromise his long-term plan. (Which is what goes wrong with most re-builds.) His realistic goal for this year is to get as deep into the playoffs as possible, and get his young players seasoned with playoff experience.

I don't think Smart is part of Ainge's long-term vision now. And he's not going to contribute much to this year's short-term goals. Bonner's shooting could help them with playoff seeding this year. I also think Ainge might think about putting Bonner in a suit next year. Boston and Bonner are a perfect fit for that. He wouldn't have to sign him this year, to do that - but it wouldn't hurt. Laugh if you want, but it's not out of the question with Ainge's methodical approach.

I rarely propose trades, and I never take part in the ridiculous "Durant for Green and a bag of chips" trade talk that happens every year. I think this is one of those small trades that would give each team a little incremental help, and not have any negative impact on the future of either team.

james evans
07-16-2016, 04:29 PM
Maybe Bonner showed the Spurs a contract from the Wolves offering him $13 million and Buford doesn't want to lose him.

noles1983
07-16-2016, 04:38 PM
fuck this hoagie eating faggot

BillMc
07-16-2016, 04:52 PM
It's not ideal, but not really worth all the agony on here. He's a big that knows the system and won't take coaching time away from all the new guys who'll really need it. One less thing to worry about. And he's a good team guy, well liked, so hardly a detriment to the team. At a minimum contract he can always be dropped if a talented young big becomes available. The Anti-Bonner crew has the torches and pitchforks out like the stock peasants in some old Universal horror movie. :lol

LJC, who may never be as good as Bonner was, (and my what a low bar that is) taking up a space is a bigger sin.

SAGirl
07-16-2016, 04:59 PM
One more thing - the Celtics are in the middle of a long re-build. Ainge has said flat-out that he's not going to compromise his long-term plan. (Which is what goes wrong with most re-builds.) His realistic goal for this year is to get as deep into the playoffs as possible, and get his young players seasoned with playoff experience.

I don't think Smart is part of Ainge's long-term vision now. And he's not going to contribute much to this year's short-term goals. Bonner's shooting could help them with playoff seeding this year. I also think Ainge might think about putting Bonner in a suit next year. Boston and Bonner are a perfect fit for that. He wouldn't have to sign him this year, to do that - but it wouldn't hurt. Laugh if you want, but it's not out of the question with Ainge's methodical approach.

I rarely propose trades, and I never take part in the ridiculous "Durant for Green and a bag of chips" trade talk that happens every year. I think this is one of those small trades that would give each team a little incremental help, and not have any negative impact on the future of either team.
He's going to want Anderson or Bertans plus a first round pick the bastard. Maybe even want both forwards, the pick, and propose to send us Smart and flotsam he doesn't play like Young bc Bonner will likely be a FA.

Ron Swanson
07-16-2016, 05:07 PM
Can't wait till his Jersey hangs up in the rafters next to Tim Duncan's.

It may go up before Timmy's jersey.

Spur Bank
07-16-2016, 05:17 PM
Gosh, that'd be so awful if we signed a 6'10" backup who shot 44% from three last year. And one who turned the ball over three times total in 206 minutes. And one who's defensive contributions still rate out to just about average.

I swear the easiest way to spot a Spurs fan with poor knowledge of the game is to look for ones who trash Matt Bonner.

FkLA
07-16-2016, 05:18 PM
Just lol at GSH writing up essay after essay as if a Bonner/Smart swap has any chance of happening.

Anyways, I hope Matty Ice aka the red mamba comes back. The man bleeds silver and black. He deserves to retire a Spur.

SAGirl
07-16-2016, 05:19 PM
It's not ideal, but not really worth all the agony on here. He's a big that knows the system and won't take coaching time away from all the new guys who'll really need it. One less thing to worry about. And he's a good team guy, well liked, so hardly a detriment to the team. At a minimum contract he can always be dropped if a talented young big becomes available. The Anti-Bonner crew has the torches and pitchforks out like the stock peasants in some old Universal horror movie. :lol

LJC, who may never be as good as Bonner was, (and my what a low bar that is) taking up a space is a bigger sin.
Probably agree with this and it's why I do see him back. In addition to the fact he's a good character guy while we have so many youngsters, it's necessary to have a vet there to encourage them when there are issues about playing time that do arise in every locker room. The Spurs not airing their dirty laundry and keeping these issues in house doesn't mean that young players are not at times dispirited and discouraged. A recent example, DeColo.

It's also why it's necessary for a younger leader to step up. There's a generational divide. That's really Manu's greatest value at this point, (yes he can play, but $14 mill was paid for his veteran mentoring, specifically mentioned by RC as a concern). Bonner setting an example can only help, rather than adding a potential destabilizing vet who will want playing time and go all SJAX if Pop wants to play his young players and develop.

Now that I think about it, it would not surprise me at all if some vets have turned down the Spurs bc they want guaranteed playing time and they are not going to get that with the Spurs youth movement at this point aside of Dedmon who plays a position they really needed.

TheGreatYacht
07-16-2016, 06:11 PM
$27,743,062

That's how much the Spurs have paid this faggot because of his "corporate knowledge". B, bu, but, but he's a good guy :cry. Who gives a shit, there's millions of good guys out there. I'm almost certain this bitch has RC's nudes

BillMc
07-16-2016, 06:17 PM
Probably agree with this and it's why I do see him back. In addition to the fact he's a good character guy while we have so many youngsters, it's necessary to have a vet there to encourage them when there are issues about playing time that do arise in every locker room. The Spurs not airing their dirty laundry and keeping these issues in house doesn't mean that young players are not at times dispirited and discouraged. A recent example, DeColo.

It's also why it's necessary for a younger leader to step up. There's a generational divide. That's really Manu's greatest value at this point, (yes he can play, but $14 mill was paid for his veteran mentoring, specifically mentioned by RC as a concern). Bonner setting an example can only help, rather than adding a potential destabilizing vet who will want playing time and go all SJAX if Pop wants to play his young players and develop.

Now that I think about it, it would not surprise me at all if some vets have turned down the Spurs bc they want guaranteed playing time and they are not going to get that with the Spurs youth movement at this point aside of Dedmon who plays a position they really needed.

Exactly. Can you see him making a big issue if Bertans is ahead of him in the rotation like SJax did? Enough where they had to remove him from the team? Not going to happen. Cheap way to keep the Spurs culture along and have an experienced body at a place of need to survive the 82 game season.

BillMc
07-16-2016, 06:18 PM
Gosh, that'd be so awful if we signed a 6'10" backup who shot 44% from three last year. And one who turned the ball over three times total in 206 minutes. And one who's defensive contributions still rate out to just about average.

I swear the easiest way to spot a Spurs fan with poor knowledge of the game is to look for ones who trash Matt Bonner.

Just lol at GSH writing up essay after essay as if a Bonner/Smart swap has any chance of happening.

Anyways, I hope Matty Ice aka the red mamba comes back. The man bleeds silver and black. He deserves to retire a Spur.

These. :toast

TheGreatYacht
07-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Oh, and keep Bonner away from Bertans.

Bertans was actually hitting shots in a close game.

weeks
07-16-2016, 06:23 PM
:lol at this point you can't do anything but bow your head..
to the immortal bonner! Four years $25m get it done Mitch

illusioNtEk
07-16-2016, 08:12 PM
$27,743,062

That's how much the Spurs have paid this faggot because of his "corporate knowledge". B, bu, but, but he's a good guy :cry. Who gives a shit, there's millions of good guys out there. I'm almost certain this bitch has RC's nudes

Without him... we would have not gotten pass the Thunder in 2014. Worth it still?

ElNono
07-16-2016, 08:16 PM
Without him... we would have not gotten pass the Thunder in 2014. Worth it still?

:lol @ anybody buying on this fairy tale then and still now

Chillen
07-16-2016, 08:29 PM
Might as well have this guy suit up in the coyote costume. At this point this is just a for the fans signing, Bonner is to the Spurs what Scalabrine was to Celtics fans.

SpurPadre
07-16-2016, 08:33 PM
$27,743,062

THIS

THIS, Diaw getting starters minutes was the REAL key in that series.

TheGreatYacht
07-16-2016, 08:41 PM
People still believe this myth? :lol

Diaw saved the Spurs, NOT the ginger fuck lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMCbMmg1hz8&feature=share

tholdren
07-16-2016, 09:53 PM

Spurs fans hate it because he's terrible when it matters, and is taking a spot from a more skilled person. But in shit time in the reg season, you're correct = he's good

Snaq O'Meal
07-16-2016, 10:25 PM
With Terrence Jones and Quincy Acy off the board, Bonner is now a lock to return.

Sure, he can't rebound like a big man. Nor can he defend in space. But he's got one thing that matters most to Pop...

...pics of Pop's privates.

illusioNtEk
07-16-2016, 11:36 PM

How Spurs' lineup change finally helped them beat Serge Ibaka
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-spurs--lineup-change-finally-helped-them-beat-serge-ibaka-074501904.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKS1iHCafqI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Rhz1qL7tY

Its ok if you or anybody dont remember.... Bonner always gets no love

illusioNtEk
07-16-2016, 11:37 PM

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-spu...074501904.html (http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-spurs--lineup-change-finally-helped-them-beat-serge-ibaka-074501904.html)

ElNono
07-16-2016, 11:50 PM
How Spurs' lineup change finally helped them beat Serge Ibaka
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-spurs--lineup-change-finally-helped-them-beat-serge-ibaka-074501904.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iKS1iHCafqI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8Rhz1qL7tY

Its ok if you or anybody dont remember.... Bonner always gets no love

I remember like it was yesterday. Bunch of baloney. :lol @ those youtubes of him playing in a game we lost, and in garbage time.

All the games were absolute trouncing of the other team at home until that game 6, with the Spurs having a magnificent 3rd quarter thanks largely Boris showing up and the bench playing well, and almost completely squander it in the 4th quarter.

We won that game thanks to Boris showing up, a Gino 3, a magnificent block by Kawhi and Tim sealing the deal in OT. Matty played 14 mins vs Ibaka's 49 mins that game.... but, but, but, he neutralized Serge!

Sean Cagney
07-17-2016, 12:10 AM
Spurs fans hate it because he's terrible when it matters, and is taking a spot from a more skilled person. But in shit time in the reg season, you're correct = he's good

That is why I never liked him, he never hit a huge shot when it counted in a big game. He never had the Horry in him or even half that heart. When shit got tight in big games he would pass up a shot or miss, like clockwork.
I remember like it was yesterday. Bunch of baloney. :lol @ those youtubes of him playing in a game we lost, and in garbage time.

All the games were absolute trouncing of the other team at home until that game 6, with the Spurs having a magnificent 3rd quarter thanks largely Boris showing up and the bench playing well, and almost completely squander it in the 4th quarter.

We won that game thanks to Boris showing up, a Gino 3, a magnificent block by Kawhi and Tim sealing the deal in OT. Matty played 14 mins vs Ibaka's 49 mins that game.... but, but, but, he neutralized Serge!
Are Bonner apologists really bringing up that game he started against OKC for his worth still:lol Every time they point to one game out of all the playoff games he played in to prove his worth. He started one half, the Spurs blew the gates open in the third though when Boris started the 2nd half.... That is when it got blown open, not when Bonner was in there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TMCbMmg1hz8&feature=share

LOL Bonner fans still acting like he changed the series and pointing to one damn game for his whole entire spurs tenure.... I call that the Bonner game because they mention it every time in their argument, that is all they have because he surely never hit a memorable shot or had a signature game :lol

ElNono
07-17-2016, 01:07 AM
tbh, I was completely over the Bonner hate, it's actually Pop that makes me nervous having him around...

But his comments this offseason about wanting to finish his career as a Celtic, basically giving the middle finger to San Antonio, and those that defended him as a "Spur for life", you would think he'll be more appreciative...

And now the Spurs want to sign him up again? IMO, it's clear there's something else going on, he probably has some dirt on Pop or the organization, I don't think you can explain it any other way...

Sean Cagney
07-17-2016, 02:07 AM
tbh, I was completely over the Bonner hate, it's actually Pop that makes me nervous having him around...

But his comments this offseason about wanting to finish his career as a Celtic, basically giving the middle finger to San Antonio, and those that defended him as a "Spur for life", you would think he'll be more appreciative...

And now the Spurs want to sign him up again? IMO, it's clear there's something else going on, he probably has some dirt on Pop or the organization, I don't think you can explain it any other way...
You can't explain it, you really can't..... Celts nor any other team wants this guy, yet he sticks around here way past his prime.... I do not get it. Butler released mid season instead of him too, just puzzling at this point.

illusioNtEk
07-17-2016, 02:58 AM
Sign and trade with celtics which involves in a 4 team teade to the point we get Russell Westbrook lol

ElNono
07-17-2016, 11:59 AM
You can't explain it, you really can't..... Celts nor any other team wants this guy, yet he sticks around here way past his prime.... I do not get it. Butler released mid season instead of him too, just puzzling at this point.

The only thing other than some shady stuff (which I'm obviously joking about, they probably just like the character) is that he's one of the main union guys in the league... perhaps Pop that's a known lefty wants him around to advice the union, tbh... but if that is all there's to it, they could just offer him a FO job...

Sean Cagney
07-17-2016, 12:11 PM
The only thing other than some shady stuff (which I'm obviously joking about, they probably just like the character) is that he's one of the main union guys in the league... perhaps Pop that's a known lefty wants him around to advice the union, tbh... but if that is all there's to it, they could just offer him a FO job...

Truth and more truth.....

K...
07-17-2016, 12:26 PM
Again ya'll hate Bonner as the first, 2nd 3rd fourth bigs. But this year he will be the 5th big. him or ljc and cady.

Do you really want the spurs to have 2 on contact project bigs? (LJC being a full time austin guy likely) otherwise it's washed up vet vs washed up vet.

You really want Brandon Bass over the red rocket? Disgusting.

jermaine
07-17-2016, 12:28 PM
Bonner could really help Bertans an Paul at this point. Hell even help LMA on where he's pose to be.

TheGreatYacht
07-17-2016, 12:43 PM
^ these last two posts :lol smfh

Mikeanaro
07-17-2016, 12:57 PM
Just take him out...

Sean Cagney
07-17-2016, 01:09 PM
You really want Brandon Bass over the red rocket? Disgusting.

He might actually do something on the floor though.... If even a little bit it's more than Bonner at this point. Bonner is done, just retire and go to the FO already.

SAGirl
07-17-2016, 01:30 PM
That's actually a super reasonable and dare I say necessary spot for Pop to have a good relationship with the man in that spot. Prevents small things from blowing over.

Budkin
07-17-2016, 07:28 PM
We all knew it was happening. Stop acting like you didn't. :lol

Sean Cagney
07-17-2016, 07:29 PM
We all knew it was happening. Stop acting like you didn't. :lol

True.... NO other team was going to pick up that POS, not even the one he wanted to go to. He is a Spur for life now.

r0drig0lac
07-18-2016, 05:00 AM

Dex
07-18-2016, 12:24 PM

I've gotten over my Bonner hate from years past, and was glad to have him last season with a proper end-of-the-bench role, until...

The Spurs decided to unload Rasual Butler, a veteran who played hard, said all the right things, and actually contributed to the team during the season, instead of Bonner so that they could bring in Kevin Martin.

It's doubtful that Butler would've made the difference against the Thunder as he probably would have hardly played...but that sliver of a chance was better than the absolute nothing that Bonner contributed being a glorified cheerleader.

Sure, there are worse guys to have on the end of your bench...but what if the Spurs hit another situation where a promising player comes available and they don't have the roster space?

Sean Cagney
07-18-2016, 01:49 PM
I've gotten over my Bonner hate from years past, and was glad to have him last season with a proper end-of-the-bench role, until...

The Spurs decided to unload Rasual Butler, a veteran who played hard, said all the right things, and actually contributed to the team during the season, instead of Bonner so that they could bring in Kevin Martin.

^^^ This, it's not Bonner I hate at all but the way he was overused a few years in a series or so that did not fit him at all (Pops fault) and this right here that makes me want the guy to go away. At the end of the bench or getting mins in the right match up is what he is good for and I have no problem with that. When that other stuff starts happening though I really just want him off the team.

ulosturedge
07-19-2016, 01:06 PM
Bonner needs to write a book on how to be a scrub basketball player and have a long NBA career. Boggles my mind how this dude has lasted so long. Playing for 1 team no less lol. Ginger made a deal with the devil or something...

Spur|n|Austin
07-19-2016, 01:07 PM
Death, Bonner, Taxes..

SPURt
07-19-2016, 01:08 PM
Bonner needs to write a book on how to be a scrub basketball player and have a long NBA career. Boggles my mind how this dude has lasted so long. Playing for 1 team no less lol. Ginger made a deal with the devil or something...
You mean two teams? Toronto was his first stop.

I. Hustle
07-19-2016, 01:26 PM

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/matt-bonner-of-the-toronto-raptors-poses-during-the-2003-nba-rookie-picture-id2529861

Seventyniner
07-19-2016, 01:46 PM
Maybe Bonner is waiting for the Celtics to trade away Marcus Smart before he'll sign there.

wQy_Aj6i6GM

ceperez
07-19-2016, 01:52 PM
Death, Bonner, Taxes..

:bobo

Budkin
07-19-2016, 01:58 PM
Remember how excited we all were when we got this guy just because he got in KG's face? :lol

koriwhat
07-19-2016, 02:17 PM
Remember how excited we all were when we got this guy just because he got in KG's face? :lol

I still remember the press release. It was bonner and some other dude. Bonner stuck around and the other dude was kicked to the curb and has been mia since. What a waste of a decade and a roster spot.

Sean Cagney
07-19-2016, 02:18 PM
I still remember the press release. It was bonner and some other dude. Bonner stuck around and the other dude was kicked to the curb and has been mia since. What a waste of a decade and a roster spot.

:lol

CGD
07-19-2016, 02:34 PM
Had he signed his deal yet

Drom John
07-19-2016, 03:10 PM

Eric Williams was kicked to the Bobcats.
Bobcats = curb? :fishing

ulosturedge
07-19-2016, 03:46 PM
You mean two teams? Toronto was his first stop.

My bad. He's been on this team so long that I didn't even remember where he came from. Or maybe I just didn't give a shit to know his history lol.

tonight...you
07-19-2016, 03:50 PM
My bad. He's been on this team so long that I didn't even remember where he came from. Or maybe I just didn't give a shit to know his history lol.
They traded Paul George for him, IIRC...

poeticism707
07-19-2016, 03:54 PM
Lmao of course.maybe hell get a raise as well for all his years of service

This.

ulosturedge
07-19-2016, 05:26 PM
It's a requirement for the Spurs to have some unathletic white scrub on the end of the bench. I'm not even joking. uwe blab, dwayne schintzius, frank brikowski, jack haley. There might be more. If I butchered there names fuck it they deserve it. Why do we always have to have that one super scrub? Fuckin tired of it lol. Corporate knowledge aint worth that much. Bullshit! /end rant

I swear if we pass that torch one more fuckin time i'm walking over there and breaking that whiteboys kneecaps lol

koriwhat
07-19-2016, 06:41 PM
Eric Williams was kicked to the Bobcats.
Bobcats = curb? :fishing

indeed... where's he at now?

SPURt
07-19-2016, 06:53 PM
I'm sure Toronto would rather forget as well lol

Kawhitstorm
07-19-2016, 07:02 PM
Bonner could really help Bertans at finding the cheapest deli spots

FIFY

TrainOfThought5
07-19-2016, 07:17 PM
With all these new bigmen, Bonner could actually be useful teaching them, and being ready if/when they falter.

I still FUCKING HATE bonner. Hes still not worth the roster spot.

GSH
07-19-2016, 07:22 PM
Every time I read this thread title, I throw up in my mouth a little.

T Park
07-19-2016, 11:32 PM

It's doubtful that Butler would've made the difference against the Thunder as he probably would have hardly played...but that sliver of a chance was better than the absolute nothing that Bonner contributed being a glorified cheerleader.

Sure, there are worse guys to have on the end of your bench...but what if the Spurs hit another situation where a promising player comes available and they don't have the roster space?

This is me 100%. Great stuff.

playbonner15
10-18-2016, 07:51 PM
With Aldridge trade rumors floating around, and with Lee and Denmon stinking it up, I think mah boy has a chance for a comeback :lol

HI-FI
10-18-2016, 08:02 PM
With Aldridge trade rumors floating around, and with Lee and Denmon stinking it up, I think mah boy has a chance for a comeback :lol
Plus a couple weeks ago Lee said that he wishes Bonner was still on the team since they're old friends.
:stirpot:

tonight...you
10-18-2016, 08:06 PM
Spurs already have Super Bonner. His alter ego is Davis Bertans.

DeRozan m8
10-18-2016, 09:09 PM
Spurs already have Super Bonner. His alter ego is Davis Bertans.

They also have bad smell Bonner, Kyle

tonight...you
10-18-2016, 09:15 PM
They also have bad smell Bonner, Kyle
I have to admit, I laughed. I laughed hard. "Bad smell Bonner"... Lol!

playbonner15
10-18-2016, 10:24 PM
Plus a couple weeks ago Lee said that he wishes Bonner was still on the team since they're old friends.
:stirpot:

TSpence nigga tweet this shit!

spursistan
10-21-2016, 06:26 AM
Should have announced his retirement with dignity and joined Spurs front office instead of begging teams to get in as a 15th man just for a minimum pay..no one is interested apparently..

Solid D
10-21-2016, 09:33 AM
For all of Marty B's mild flaws, he has been one of the smartest NBA players. About three years ago, rankings were published on highest SAT scores for players in the major professional sports. Jeremy Lin was highest NBA player (1428) but Matt was 2nd at 1350. David Robinson was third at 1320. Matt made all "A"s except one "B" in his entire academic career.

UNT Eagles 2016
10-21-2016, 09:49 AM
For all of Marty B's mild flaws, he has been one of the smartest NBA players. About three years ago, rankings were published on highest SAT scores for players in the major professional sports. Jeremy Lin was highest NBA player (1428) but Matt was 2nd at 1350. David Robinson was third at 1320. Matt made all "A"s except one "B" in his entire academic career.

1600 scale or 2400?

dabom
10-21-2016, 09:50 AM
1600 scale or 2400?

Are u stupid?

UNT Eagles 2016
10-21-2016, 09:58 AM
Are u stupid?

1600 doesn't count the essay portion which is worth 1/3 of the total score

dabom
10-21-2016, 10:09 AM
1600 doesn't count the essay portion which is worth 1/3 of the total score

When was the test formatted for that and how long ago did those players take it. I'll let you interpret that. :lol

Spur|n|Austin
10-21-2016, 10:16 AM
1600 scale or 2400?

wow

Solid D
10-21-2016, 11:02 AM
The test changed in 2005 from 1600 to 2400...and now back to 1600 (eff. 2016).

ceperez
10-21-2016, 12:58 PM
Are u stupid?

yes, absolutely stupid. I think he thinks 1428 on a scale of 2400 is a good grade.

Solid D
10-21-2016, 01:47 PM
The point is that Matt, who took the SAT pre-2005, scored 1350 out of 1600, and is a pretty smart guy...even though he got a Tiny House (276 sq. ft.) earlier this year. haha

Solid D
10-21-2016, 01:58 PM
http://www.concordmonitor.com/Home/Matt-Bonner-buys-tiny-house-1227696

Spurtacular also posted this in another thread.

HarlemHeat37
11-10-2016, 01:32 PM
Spurs miss his leadership, tbh..wouldn't mind bringing him back to boost the morale of the team..

spursistan
11-10-2016, 01:42 PM
Spurs miss his leadership, tbh..wouldn't mind bringing him back to boost the morale of the team..
what are you reading into Aldridge shitty start to the season? TBH.. He looks like Kevin Love for most of last year..I do think these trade rumors are legit in his head..