07-16-2016, 02:41 PM
This is a good vid. Great insight:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYt_R2Dtb4U

Reck
07-16-2016, 02:51 PM
Beta move. No doubt.

Thread
07-16-2016, 03:01 PM
Stop fuckin' whining about this. Jesus H. Christ, bunch of fuckin' pussies.

Arcadian
07-16-2016, 04:09 PM
Stop fuckin' whining about this. Jesus H. Christ, bunch of fuckin' pussies.

I agree.

LkrFan
07-16-2016, 05:08 PM
Beta move. No doubt.

When do you or midnightpulp or ElNono or DMC or DPG21920 think Spurs will come out of the Western Conference again tbh? Manure is 38 and in his last year. Jim is retired. TP is 34. MVPau is 36 and soft. Only 4 regular rotational players are 30 or younger: LMA (30), Kiwi (25), Green (29) and Patty Mills (27).

By contrast, KD, Steph, Klay, and Dr. Dray are all in or closed to their primes. They even signed a mole who knows Pop's playbook: David West.

I wouldn't call it a beta move. Power move is more like it. What a calculated, cold-blooded, well thought out decision by KD :toast

DMC
07-16-2016, 05:17 PM
Pretending MJ was talking about Durant is juvenile. He was referring to Lebron. He said that years go. Fucking ass clown.

DMC
07-16-2016, 05:30 PM
When do you or midnightpulp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430) or ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) or DMC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665) or DPG21920 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13014) think Spurs will come out of the Western Conference again tbh? Manure is 38 and in his last year. Jim is retired. TP is 34. MVPau is 36 and soft. Only 4 regular rotational players are 30 or younger: LMA (30), Kiwi (25), Green (29) and Patty Mills (27).

By contrast, KD, Steph, Klay, and Dr. Dray are all in or closed to their primes. They even signed a mole who knows Pop's playbook: David West.

I wouldn't call it a beta move. Power move is more like it. What a calculated, cold-blooded, well thought out decision by KD :toast

I don't see it unless something happens to the GSW on the injury front, but it's not a wide margin. They lost a lot of solid pieces and that can shake things up a bit. We've seen great teams trade away their chemistry before, as they set out chasing the two in the bush.

ElNono
07-16-2016, 05:54 PM
When do you or midnightpulp or ElNono or DMC or DPG21920 think Spurs will come out of the Western Conference again tbh? Manure is 38 and in his last year. Jim is retired. TP is 34. MVPau is 36 and soft. Only 4 regular rotational players are 30 or younger: LMA (30), Kiwi (25), Green (29) and Patty Mills (27).

We did come out of the west 2 times in the last 5 years, tbh... with a pretty old roster... it's a long season, I don't particularly see us contenders this season, personally, but I like the team we've put together and we've a good mix of young and old, some with championship experience.

I could drop the old "anything can happen in a 82 game season" cliche, but that only really applies to teams that have good management, not Chaz the bartender, tbh...

Mikeanaro
07-16-2016, 06:04 PM
We did come out of the west 2 times in the last 5 years, tbh... with a pretty old roster... it's a long season, I don't particularly see us contenders this season, personally, but I like the team we've put together and we've a good mix of young and old, some with championship experience.

I could drop the old "anything can happen in a 82 game season" cliche, but that only really applies to teams that have good management, not Chaz the bartender, tbh...
Maybe Chaz is not good, but Lloyd seems pretty focused...
http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/headhuntershorrorhouse/images/8/80/Lloyd_-_The_Shining.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20140306013749

LkrFan
07-16-2016, 06:15 PM
I don't see it unless something happens to the GSW on the injury front, but it's not a wide margin. They lost a lot of solid pieces and that can shake things up a bit. We've seen great teams trade away their chemistry before, as they set out chasing the two in the bush.

Fair take son. :tu

LkrFan
07-16-2016, 06:17 PM

We'll see. Unlike the previous 19 years, you now have a 36 year old donut in the middle. MVPau guarding the yard 82 games a year? Makes me :) just thinking about it.

ElNono
07-16-2016, 07:50 PM
We'll see. Unlike the previous 19 years, you now have a 36 year old donut in the middle. MVPau guarding the yard 82 games a year? Makes me :) just thinking about it.

Definitely going to be different without Tim, no doubt about it. On the other hand, it's kinda nice to have a young 2x DPOY and guys like Pau and LMA to transition to something else.

Might not be as fun as Dwight and Nash, but it's better than having to watch Larry Nance Jr, tbh...

LkrFan
07-16-2016, 08:59 PM
Definitely going to be different without Tim, no doubt about it. On the other hand, it's kinda nice to have a young 2x DPOY and guys like Pau and LMA to transition to something else.

Might not be as fun as Dwight and Nash, but it's better than having to watch Larry Nance Jr, tbh...

That's just it. As much as I talk shit on Jim, he's the best defensive anchor since Prime Dream. But to depend on LMA or MVPau is laughable. Sure, you will score, and yes Kiwi is a 2x DPOY, but you don't have an anchor anymore. That changes things unless your Spurs sign a defensive center. LMA won't guard the yard. Pau will, but not consistently and he's still soft (see 2008 Finals as evidence).

Interesting times forthcoming for the Spurs. :flag:

ElNono
07-16-2016, 09:14 PM
That's just it. As much as I talk shit on Jim, he's the best defensive anchor since Prime Dream. But to depend on LMA or MVPau is laughable. Sure, you will score, and yes Kiwi is a 2x DPOY, but you don't have an anchor anymore. That changes things unless your Spurs sign a defensive center. LMA won't guard the yard. Pau will, but not consistently and he's still soft (see 2008 Finals as evidence).

Interesting times forthcoming for the Spurs. :flag:

It's bittersweet, tbh... one one hand 3/4 of the league is shit, so we're probably going to garner enough hype, but I don't know we have enough as is to go all the way. Then again, almost nobody was giving two fucks for the Cavs last season, tbh...

Spurtacular
07-16-2016, 11:40 PM
Wasn't expecting all these Lakers fans to be sucking so much Warrior cock. Is that what they've been reduced to?

Spurtacular
07-16-2016, 11:45 PM
It's bittersweet, tbh... one one hand 3/4 of the league is shit, so we're probably going to garner enough hype, but I don't know we have enough as is to go all the way. Then again, almost nobody was giving two fucks for the Cavs last season, tbh...

My expectations are low. But if odds are long enough, I might drop some money on the Spurs.

DMC
07-18-2016, 01:16 PM
My expectations are low. But if odds are long enough, I might drop some money on the Spurs.
Drop being the key word.

Spurtacular
07-18-2016, 02:57 PM
Drop being the key word.

Like I say, the odds would have to be good enough. Probably won't be.

Stalin
07-18-2016, 03:07 PM
Spurms interior D will get shat on all season, IMO TBH.

Thread
07-18-2016, 04:16 PM
Spurms interior D will get shat on all season, IMO TBH.

I can't wait!!!

Thebesteva
07-18-2016, 04:18 PM
Beta move but he never claimed to be an alpha

poeticism707
07-18-2016, 04:24 PM

:rollin :rollin :rollin

Spurtacular
07-20-2016, 03:59 AM
Stars basically all called out KD for being beta.

djohn2oo8
07-20-2016, 07:27 AM
Beta move but he never claimed to be an alpha

lol you don't remember that "Not nice Kevin" campaign by Nike?

DeRozan m8
07-20-2016, 07:36 AM
When do you or midnightpulp (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=5430) or ElNono (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=8054) or DMC (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=20665) or DPG21920 (http://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=13014) think Spurs will come out of the Western Conference again tbh? Manure is 38 and in his last year. Jim is retired. TP is 34. MVPau is 36 and soft. Only 4 regular rotational players are 30 or younger: LMA (30), Kiwi (25), Green (29) and Patty Mills (27).

And yet you'd kill for your garbage team to be in the Spurs position right now.

Next you'll type out your trash line up and act like they're going to be something...

They're not

:bobo

LkrFan
07-20-2016, 10:40 AM
And yet you'd kill for your garbage team to be in the Spurs position right now.

Next you'll type out your trash line up and act like they're going to be something...

They're not

:bobo

Negative. You have an older team that is good at the wrong time and with no defensive anchor in the middle. When our young team begins to peak, the Cavs, Dubs, and Sp*rs windows will be closing.

Contending windows for the most part are cyclical. There is no incentives for us to contend right now considering how our roster is currently constructed. Not worried here. :)

daslicer
07-20-2016, 11:11 AM
Negative. You have an older team that is good at the wrong time and with no defensive anchor in the middle. When our young team begins to peak, the Cavs, Dubs, and Sp*rs windows will be closing.

Contending windows for the most part are cyclical. There is no incentives for us to contend right now considering how our roster is currently constructed. Not worried here. :)

:lmao that's not going to ever happen.

07-20-2016, 11:13 AM
:lmao that's not going to ever happen.
:lol

ambchang
07-20-2016, 11:39 AM
Beta does what beta does:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/17109420/nba-why-kevin-durant-stayed-bed-big-decision

For a few days after, I didn't leave my bed, because I was like, 'If I walk outside somebody might just hit me with their car, or say anything negative to me.'

This is just unbelievable.

Thebesteva
07-20-2016, 02:57 PM
lol you don't remember that "Not nice Kevin" campaign by Nike?

No I forget...but KD has always seem kind of happy to be 2nd fiddle to someone

DeRozan m8
07-20-2016, 04:09 PM

You're shook af

LkrFan
07-20-2016, 04:38 PM
You're shook af

Oh, OK :lol

Who guards the yard for the Spurs son?

07-20-2016, 06:46 PM
Kiwi defense going to get exposed