PDA

View Full Version : NBA: Do y'all care if NBA players juice?

barbacoataco
07-16-2016, 10:14 PM
Just wondering if anyone cares that the NBA is a juiced up league and the best player is the poster child for HGH/steroids? Would it matter to you if you found out that Curry is clean and Lebfon juiced? Or would you think different of Curry if he is a roider too? I mean baseball has kept two of the greatest ever, Bonds and Clemens, out of the HOF for drug use. And UFC and WWE have suspended guys that everyone knows are juicers for positive tests. But in the NBA it is a non-issue. No stars have ever been taken down. Does anyone care?

Mikeanaro
07-17-2016, 08:54 AM
It matters because its illegal no matter how you look at it... its a way of cheating.

Clipper Nation
07-17-2016, 09:15 AM
In general, it's not a big deal. That being said, Media refusing to ask Kobe any tough questions about his trips to Europe for non-FDA-sanctioned blood "spinning" (doping) procedures was a disgrace.

djohn2oo8
07-17-2016, 10:00 AM
Yeah its not a big deal

barbacoataco
07-17-2016, 10:03 AM
I think it's important to realize that UFC is more willing to clean up their sport than the NBA. That puts the NBA at the top of the list for dirtiest leagues. The 82 game season has a lot to do with it. But every other league around the world has been willing to ban players. The NFL is dirty too, bug even they have been willing to suspend some players. I'm sure the stars get a free pass just like Lance Armstrong did for years because he was making money for the sport.

To me it matters. When Lebron left Miami two years ago, and instantly lost 30 pounds of muscle, he became a different player. Still good, but unable to physically dominate players. Then he got back on the juice mid-season and instantly returned to the Incredible Hulk.

In 20 years when they're rating players it will be a black mark on his career, just like everyone takes Barry Bonds career with a grain of salt.

barbacoataco
07-17-2016, 10:08 AM
Also, in the pre-doping era teams used to win games based on their conditioning and endurance. Now it's just a matter of using EPO and other drugs that will keep you going. Nobody even gets tired anymore at the end of games.

I think most fans are in denial about how much doping influences the games they're watching. I can't really even watch Olympic sports anymore because it's really just a contest of who's hit the best doctors and best juice.

Pelicans78
07-17-2016, 10:11 AM
Most of them do already. It's pretty rampant with the money involved and lack of strict testing in this league.

RGMCSE
07-17-2016, 10:13 AM
In general, it's not a big deal. That being said, Media refusing to ask Kobe any tough questions about his trips to Europe for non-FDA-sanctioned blood "spinning" (doping) procedures was a disgrace.

Nah bra, Coby ain't no roider. He heals up by sucking the "marrow" out BONES. True story!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12168515/bone-broth-soup-helping-los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant

Kobe Bryant (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/110/kobe-bryant) lay crumpled on the court, his left ankle severely sprained after landing on an opponent's foot. Dr. Cate Shanahan saw it all unfold on TV and immediately picked up the phone. She knew the Lakers' star needed soup -- fast.
Shanahan, the director of the Lakers PRO Nutrition Program, called the chef at the Atlanta hotel where the Lakers were staying that March 2013 night and ordered two bowls of hot chicken vegetable soup to be delivered to Bryant's room.
This wasn't your basic, store-bought soup, though. It was made with bone broth, a nourishing concoction rich in nutrient and minerals -- and especially collagen -- produced by simmering bones (pig, cow, fish, etc.) and other ingredients for hours.

Hmm collagen, broth Bones? Colbiy is a Bonifide Bone Sucker or BBS for short.

barbacoataco
07-17-2016, 10:18 AM
UFC is willing to take down Brock Lesnar when he could be a big star. And the MLB has suspended or banned some of it's biggest stars. So is it really true that no one cares? What a double standard and it kind of makes all sports ridiculous, because people aren't playing by the same rules, and no one knows what the rules are.

Raven
07-17-2016, 10:20 AM
Yes.

Poolboy5623
07-17-2016, 11:13 AM
If your paycheck revolves around sports/being in peak physical shape, you juice(in some form)...

John Petrucci
07-17-2016, 11:28 AM
Not at all.

hitmanyr2k
07-17-2016, 11:41 AM
Nah bra, Coby ain't no roider. He heals up by sucking the "marrow" out BONES. True story!

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12168515/bone-broth-soup-helping-los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant

Kobe Bryant (http://espn.go.com/nba/player/_/id/110/kobe-bryant) lay crumpled on the court, his left ankle severely sprained after landing on an opponent's foot. Dr. Cate Shanahan saw it all unfold on TV and immediately picked up the phone. She knew the Lakers' star needed soup -- fast.
Shanahan, the director of the Lakers PRO Nutrition Program, called the chef at the Atlanta hotel where the Lakers were staying that March 2013 night and ordered two bowls of hot chicken vegetable soup to be delivered to Bryant's room.
This wasn't your basic, store-bought soup, though. It was made with bone broth, a nourishing concoction rich in nutrient and minerals -- and especially collagen -- produced by simmering bones (pig, cow, fish, etc.) and other ingredients for hours.

Hmm collagen, broth Bones? Colbiy is a Bonifide Bone Sucker or BBS for short.

I had my suspicions about Kobe in '03 where he kind of blew up out of nowhere and had anger/aggression issues. When he was accused of rape the first thing I thought of was roid rage :lol

Raven
07-17-2016, 12:57 PM
It matters because its illegal no matter how you look at it... its a way of cheating.

it's not as much this, as it is about not allowing things to transcend into a battle of who juices more, which would make athletes die at age 40 on average.

Sean Cagney
07-17-2016, 01:00 PM
Nope, skill puts the ball in the hole so juicing or not it comes down to work ethic. I doubt all juice btw., just a few obvious ones.

Fabbs
07-17-2016, 01:11 PM
Would rather the naturals get rewarded but, that aint gonna happen.
Have heard the correct substances used in the correct doses is perfectly safe.

Would rather it be legalized and brought into the open.

barbacoataco
07-17-2016, 01:17 PM
Nope, skill puts the ball in the hole so juicing or not it comes down to work ethic. I doubt all juice btw., just a few obvious ones.

Juicing makes you faster, stronger, more explosive, with better endurance and faster recovery from injury. Do don't tell me it wouldn't help basketball players. If helps baseball players hit a ball with a bat, which is more skill oriented, it definitely will help in the NBA. As far as how many do it, I would say 20-40% are way into it, and a lot of others dabble with it at times or when needed.

Look at NBA players from the 70's and 80's. They look like regular tall people, with a few notable exceptions of players who were naturally gifted. Now most players look like action figures. When the MLB started cracking down you could actually SEE the difference in the way player's uniforms hang loose. And all the sudden they quit hitting 60 and 70 home runs.

Raven
07-17-2016, 01:29 PM

meh, what skill does aron gordon have?

barbacoataco
07-17-2016, 01:32 PM
Would rather the naturals get rewarded but, that aint gonna happen.
Have heard the correct substances used in the correct doses is perfectly safe.

Would rather it be legalized and brought into the open.

It's not true that you can't stop it. If you keep samples with the possibility of testing in 10 years, you create a lot uncertainty because no one knows what technology will be available in the future. That combined with year round surprise testin, even in the offseason, would make a huge difference. Of course some would cheat anyway, but it would be a small minority.

There are people internationally who have thought about this, and various leagues around the world are doing more of less tk fight it.

I guess I was surprised about the UFC suspending two big name guys, since it's going on so blatantly in the NBA.

Mikeanaro
07-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Juicing makes you faster, stronger, more explosive, with better endurance and faster recovery from injury. Do don't tell me it wouldn't help basketball players. If helps baseball players hit a ball with a bat, which is more skill oriented, it definitely will help in the NBA. As far as how many do it, I would say 20-40% are way into it, and a lot of others dabble with it at times or when needed.

Look at NBA players from the 70's and 80's. They look like regular tall people, with a few notable exceptions of players who were naturally gifted. Now most players look like action figures. When the MLB started cracking down you could actually SEE the difference in the way player's uniforms hang loose. And all the sudden they quit hitting 60 and 70 home runs.
This, also fatigue can make you miss shots... your legs are dead and the whole body reacts to that thats why gassed teams miss a lot of shots during the 4th quarter.

RGMCSE
07-17-2016, 01:39 PM
I had my suspicions about Kobe in '03 where he kind of blew up out of nowhere and had anger/aggression issues. When he was accused of rape the first thing I thought of was roid rage :lol

Bone Sucking rage leads to rape!:lol

Fabbs
07-17-2016, 01:42 PM
I don't think it's just the bulked up players.
When playoff Twinky Curry slipped on the wet floor, it looked like a pretty serious injury.

Sure seems like his *fast recovery* was aided.

barbacoataco
07-17-2016, 01:47 PM
Agree it's not just bulked up players. I think a lot of the endurance boosters that cyclists and soccer players use would benefit NBA players. That's why players don't look as exhausted after games as the did in the past.

Sean Cagney
07-17-2016, 02:10 PM

That is true, not denying that.

oh crap
07-17-2016, 02:13 PM
:lol leroid. one reason he could never sniff being the "greatest"

Chris
07-17-2016, 02:28 PM
Look at the jawlines and the receding hairlines. It's pretty obvious who is doping; they can't hide the side effects.

HarlemHeat37
07-17-2016, 02:37 PM
Virtually all pro athletes take some form of PEDs, tbh..as somebody that has done several cycles, I can attest to the positive effects and the misconception of risk..it doesn't have to be HGH, which is what most people ignorantly associate with sports..

However, even with the advantages in recovery and increase in training potential(which helps in all athletic gains with the proper training), the effect in basketball is far less relevant than in the majority of other pro sports..

While Lebron definitely uses PEDs, he isn't even an egregious example, tbh..it's mostly haters/people that haven't used PEDs that use him as a their primary example..he has always been significantly larger than his peers, even in High School, he has a massive frame that allows for higher potential for physical gains..

Anyways, there's nothing wrong with PEDs and it should be encouraged in all pro sports..it's widely accepted in the NFL and rightfully so, it's a sport that doesn't rely heavily on skill and has a very high number of injuries..

The MLB was far, far, far more exciting to the casual fan(like myself) when players were hitting 60+ Home Runs..in soccer, the best player in the world and arguably the greatest of all-time is a known HGH user..

I don't know why anybody would be against quicker recoveries, increase in training potential, etc..

From my experience, the fans that are against PEDs are usually the silly people that believe they could have made it to the pros with the same sort of "training", or they're just fans that hate certain alleged users(Lebron, Bonds, etc)..although it's pretty naive to believe Jordan wasn't on stuff, too, PEDs have been around for a loooong time:lol

AlexJones
07-17-2016, 03:08 PM
Lesnar got busted the other day

RsxPiimp
07-17-2016, 03:21 PM
i think its time to legalize it. a huge part of watching sports is witnessing the very peak of human athletic ability, and legalizing PED's would help athletes climb even higher. plus athletes are going to turn to doping regardless of the rules.

DeadlyDynasty
07-17-2016, 04:08 PM
i think its time to legalize it. a huge part of watching sports is witnessing the very peak of human athletic ability, and legalizing PED's would help athletes climb even higher. plus athletes are going to turn to doping regardless of the rules.
This. Sports are part of the entertainment industry and I want to see unbelievable things. I don't give a shit about players' well-being or personal lives, just entertain me. Everyone knows the side effects of steroid abuse so they can't plead ignorance later on. It's all about getting the most out of your prime before you wither away into an afterthought.

barbacoataco
07-17-2016, 05:34 PM
The people who want to legalize it are under the false impression that it can't be stopped. And tk say you don't give a shit about players safety, just entertain me, is immoral.

barbacoataco
07-17-2016, 05:40 PM
Also, how would you feel if your son was in higb school or college and they told him "you have to do this to compete," while knowing of the health risks?

To me it's not whether steroids are particularly bad for you. It's just cheating. What's next? Cyborg implants? Will sports just become a race to technology?

The real point I'm trying to make in this thread is they need to make up their mind. Some players are going down in disgrace at the same time everyone knows that a lot of players are using. That makes no sense. Lance Armstrong is a disgrace but Lebron is oh well he'd be a great player anyway.

barbacoataco
07-17-2016, 05:46 PM
Virtually all pro athletes take some form of PEDs, tbh..as somebody that has done several cycles, I can attest to the positive effects and the misconception of risk..it doesn't have to be HGH, which is what most people ignorantly associate with sports..

However, even with the advantages in recovery and increase in training potential(which helps in all athletic gains with the proper training), the effect in basketball is far less relevant than in the majority of other pro sports..

While Lebron definitely uses PEDs, he isn't even an egregious example, tbh..it's mostly haters/people that haven't used PEDs that use him as a their primary example..he has always been significantly larger than his peers, even in High School, he has a massive frame that allows for higher potential for physical gains..

Anyways, there's nothing wrong with PEDs and it should be encouraged in all pro sports..it's widely accepted in the NFL and rightfully so, it's a sport that doesn't rely heavily on skill and has a very high number of injuries..

The MLB was far, far, far more exciting to the casual fan(like myself) when players were hitting 60+ Home Runs..in soccer, the best player in the world and arguably the greatest of all-time is a known HGH user..

I don't know why anybody would be against quicker recoveries, increase in training potential, etc..

From my experience, the fans that are against PEDs are usually the silly people that believe they could have made it to the pros with the same sort of "training", or they're just fans that hate certain alleged users(Lebron, Bonds, etc)..although it's pretty naive to believe Jordan wasn't on stuff, too, PEDs have been around for a loooong time:lol

I disagree that Lebron would be more or less the same without roids. We saw what kind of player he would be when returned to Cleveland 30 pounds lighter. He was a different player until he bulked back up mid-season.

HarlemHeat37
07-17-2016, 07:04 PM
I disagree that Lebron would be more or less the same without roids. We saw what kind of player he would be when returned to Cleveland 30 pounds lighter. He was a different player until he bulked back up mid-season.

I didn't say he would be the same player, I don't think he would be..my point is that I don't believe he's the most egregious example of a juicer in the NBA or in sports, but he gets labeled as such due to his size and muscularity..for example, there was a clear difference in Barry Bonds' physical appearance past the age of 30..

Lebron's physical changes haven't been dramatic, his only noticeable growth has been what's typical with adulthood..if you look at his High School pictures, there's a huge difference between his frame vs. his peers, he has always been significantly larger than everybody around him..

tonight...you
07-17-2016, 07:09 PM
:lol leroid. one reason he could never sniff being the "greatest"
Your sig, I checked it out. Good song. Reminiscent of the good ol' R&B/Hip Hop times from the 90's.

tonight...you
07-17-2016, 07:12 PM
I didn't say he would be the same player, I don't think he would be..my point is that I don't believe he's the most egregious example of a juicer in the NBA or in sports, but he gets labeled as such due to his size and muscularity..for example, there was a clear difference in Barry Bonds' physical appearance past the age of 30..

Lebron's physical changes haven't been dramatic, his only noticeable growth has been what's typical with adulthood..if you look at his High School pictures, there's a huge difference between his frame vs. his peers, he has always been significantly larger than everybody around him..
Lebron has superior genetics. That is absolutely clear. He is a physical wonder with, or without doping.
He's also damn smart. Machiavellian, even...

tonight...you
07-17-2016, 07:14 PM
If they die they die.
True. And good use of a great (I mean cheesy great) movie line.
Your love of 80's cheese is pretty damn awesome. From Ghostbusters 2 movie quotes to your avi of the young Van Damme.
Great stuff dude.

HarlemHeat37
07-17-2016, 07:18 PM
The people who want to legalize it are under the false impression that it can't be stopped. And tk say you don't give a shit about players safety, just entertain me, is immoral.
The risks at this level are very minimal..shit, even at a lower level, the risk is relatively minimal..

Prior to trying it, I used to be terrified of the risks I had heard of(balls shrinking, impotence, balding, not to mention heart stuff), but if you follow directions, the risk is minimal(and doing just 1 cycle is kind of pointless)..that's at a lower level, too, doing it myself with the advice of trainer/bodybuilder friends..NBA players and pro athletes have professional advice and absolutely no risk of receiving low-grade products..

The only risk argument I could buy is for High Schoolers taking it and not following directions..personally, I have only seen 2 guys crash from taking PEDs, and neither followed instructions..both were heavy partyers that didn't stop popping pills and regularly doing blow while cycling..1 of them actually wasn't that bad until he messed up his PCT..the other was bad, he became suicidal, but he was fine once he stopped the drugs and began cycling again a few months later..

DMC
07-17-2016, 07:34 PM
As long as they also drink the pulp. Pulp has a lot of what you need.

oh crap
07-18-2016, 02:32 AM
Your sig, I checked it out. Good song. Reminiscent of the good ol' R&B/Hip Hop times from the 90's.

The original from Souls of Mischief is great too. Should check out Big K.R.I.T's K.R.I.T wuz here tape, solid from top to bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmbrl68LYZs

LkrFan
07-18-2016, 04:11 AM

CN doesn't care. He just turned a blind eye. Some people see the truth though. Note: the below quote is not from BSPN, of course:

Performance enhancing drugs are taking up a lot of spotlight in sports as of recently. It seems like every other month, some clinic is getting shut down and exposing their patient list of celebrities and athletes for the world to see. So naturally, claiming that an athlete is indeed taking performance enhancing drugs is a taboo subject without solid proof and evidence. And no action is guaranteed except the stink-eye and hate from fans of said athlete. My curiosity into LeBron James’ steroid use began with an interview with Derrick Rose. The reporter had asked him if steroids were a problem in the NBA since it rarely gets mentioned or talked about. On a scale of 1 – 10 (1 being what are PED’s and 10 being everyone is using), Derrick Rose answered “7” and admitted that it is a problem that no one talks about.

“It’s huge and I think we need a level playing field, where nobody has that advantage over the next person.”

ImageAfter I read that answer, the first two players that popped into my head were LeBron James and Dwight Howard. Since 2011 I have always been outspoken about my suspicions that LeBron James was using steroids. The obvious response I would get from my friends who were Heat fans was, “No, the NBA tests for testosterone.” That’s pretty much like saying that felons don’t use drugs when they’re on probation because they’re piss tested. Further research shows that even though the NBA does test for testosterone, they don’t test for HGH (Human Growth Hormone) which is a far more advanced type of steroids meant for men older than 25 who want to maintain athleticism and flexibility without gaining to much bulk and getting stiff. David Stern is only announcing now that they plan to START testing for HGH next season. These are some of the reasons I believe that LeBron is using HGH.

Since 2003 LeBron is notably much larger than he ever was. I understand the concept of lifting weights and gaining muscle, but different before and after pictures show that LeBron’s back and shoulders have almost doubled in width. The diameter of his head is extremely larger. The back and shoulders I can deal with, but there’s no work out plan on the planet that cause this much growth in your head. I’ve had many close friends go on cycles of steroids and especially HGH. And one of the most noticeable characteristics that we’re all aware of is the growth of the human head during these cycles or what they refer to as “moon face”. There’s no concealing it.

Even when players like Jordan and Kobe were considered undersized and they hit the weights; they never bulked up like that. Think about it, an NBA player is running up and down basketball courts 82 games a year plus practices. With that much cardio, it’s no wonder most basketball players have natural runners’ bodies. It’s almost impossible to bulk up with that much muscle when you’re burning that many calories constantly. And yet we have this mutant whose 6’8” weighing 275 lbs and still runs 40 yards in almost 4 flat. That’s not natural, that’s science.

Earlier this year the infamous Anthony Bosch’s clinic was shut down for dishing out steroids and HGH to celebrities and athletes. The most scandalous being A-Rod caught once again on the patient list. When interviews were done with “Incarcerated Bob”, he mentioned one of his clients being the initials “L.J.” seen on the patient list. He claimed a man named Paul picked up HGH once a month for L.J. consistently. Rich Paul is LeBron James’ best friend and agent. All of these coincidences, combined with the fact LeBron has never sustained any serious injury in his career and who’s hairline has been visibly receding since he was 22, is too much irony for me to not call it like it is. There’s no doubt that even without the steroids, he’s one of the greatest and smartest basketball players ever. But I believe he’s definitely cheating for the sake of dominating the game. And when most Eastern Conference teams are seeing their superstars get injured left and right from playing their hearts out, it’s not fair when this freak of nature is just barreling his way through opponents high on steroids.

LINK: https://ajaythuraisingham.wordpress.com/2013/03/17/reasons-i-believe-lebron-james-uses-steroids/

Interesting read, although I had to dig for it instead of seeing it as the lead story on BSPN or Fox Sports. :wakeup, CN

ambchang
07-18-2016, 09:17 AM
Does any one of you with women putting on make up or have plastic surgery?

That said, the issue isn't with what is used, it's the inconsistency of who can and who can't use it. Like Mavs and Rockets players can't do drugs in the 80s, but for some mysterious reasons, everybody else can.

Clipper Nation
07-18-2016, 11:13 AM
CN doesn't care. He just turned a blind eye. Some people see the truth though. Note: the below quote is not from BSPN, of course:

LINK: https://ajaythuraisingham.wordpress.com/2013/03/17/reasons-i-believe-lebron-james-uses-steroids/

Interesting read, although I had to dig for it instead of seeing it as the lead story on BSPN or Fox Sports. :wakeup, CN
:lol at believing some rando's Wordpress blog that cites Incarcerated Bob, the biggest fake-rumor peddler in sports, as a source.

I know English is your second language, Osmin, but your bullshit detectors shouldn't be this bad.

Stalin
07-18-2016, 03:10 PM
LeRoid isn't smart, he's just listening to his handlers more...

LkrFan
07-18-2016, 07:53 PM
:lol at believing some rando's Wordpress blog that cites Incarcerated Bob, the biggest fake-rumor peddler in sports, as a source.

I know English is your second language, Osmin, but your bullshit detectors shouldn't be this bad.

:lol

jacobdrj
07-19-2016, 02:26 AM
Obligatory xkcd:

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/steroids.png

With that said, it is the rules, and therefore it is bad. but I'd rather they just drop the rules... Let the athletes be made aware of the risks and have doctors control what the athletes get...

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-19-2016, 03:49 AM
I don't care because the NBA seemingly don't care. There is a great number of players who are on PEDs, if they suddenly start regulating the NBA will turn into NBDL, which is terrible for business.

With that said, it is the rules, and therefore it is bad. but I'd rather they just drop the rules... Let the athletes be made aware of the risks and have doctors control what the athletes get...

Sure, but sooner or later the LOBs should be presented to the teams of doctors, rather than the basketball players.

jacobdrj
07-19-2016, 06:50 PM
That doesn't really follow: LOBs already go to the organizarion. Trainers, medical staff, ownership, management are all already a huge part of the equation. Players playing field will simply be transparent. If you were worried about giving players the edge, Gatorade related advantage should be removed. Or chocken soup. Or chocolate milk. Those were all trade secrets for a while. None pf which are illegal now. Better stuff is available. Besides, you still need to start with a superior athletes. Also, PEDs don't account for ambition. Its the Gattaca vs Wrath of Khan debate: just because you can juice doesn't mean you will have the drive or put in the work...

Koolaid_Man
07-21-2016, 11:00 PM
Lebron James Being investigated by the NBA for using Steroids

(ESPN) -- Professional athlete, LeBron James, gave an unclear response when pressed to explain the allegations that he is using performance-enhancing drugs, to give him an unfair advantage over his competitors. The all-star player stated that the only substance he uses is his training supplement called X-Alpha. But authorities believe, He's not completely off the hook.

While denying using HGH, he's admitting to using a supplement that the National Basketball Association (NBA) consider adding to the list of prohibited substances starting next year.
}