PDA

View Full Version : 76ers Big man log jam

SilverSpur
07-17-2016, 11:58 AM
The 76ers have a log jam of big men, anyway we can trade for one?
They have to trade at least one.

Jahlil Okafor
Nerlens Noel
Joel Embiid
Richaun Holmes
Ben Simmons
Dario Saric
Sasha Kaun
Christian Woods

Who would you trade for and what would you give up?

TheGreatYacht
07-17-2016, 12:02 PM
Sixers get: Fathead + Mills + Simmons + 1st rnd
Spurs get: Okafor

Get it done RC.

cutewizard
07-17-2016, 12:14 PM
Can we get one of these???

loveforthegame
07-17-2016, 12:17 PM
Philly forced the Spurs hand with Manu so I'm thinking they're not going to gift us with one of there big men. Especially for our junk.

Drom John
07-17-2016, 12:18 PM
Maybe it is not a log jam.
Simmons is playing point.
Woods is a Hornet.

Raven
07-17-2016, 12:22 PM
Maybe it is not a log jam.
Simmons is playing point.
Woods is a Hornet.

simmons is playing pf no matter how much they want to repackage him on offence.

BG_Spurs_Fan
07-17-2016, 12:24 PM
Saric is not coming over this season and Woods is already gone.

We can get Kaun.

Drom John
07-17-2016, 12:29 PM
Saric has signed.
Kaun has been waived.

Kikoluna
07-17-2016, 12:32 PM
Can we just give them fathead for free?

TheGreatYacht
07-17-2016, 12:41 PM
Fuck no on Sasha Kaun

gambit1990
07-17-2016, 01:40 PM
Philly forced the Spurs hand with Manu so I'm thinking they're not going to gift us with one of there big men. Especially for our junk.
how i feel. still hoping parker goes somewhere though...

TD 21
07-17-2016, 03:50 PM
I mentioned this a few days ago, along with the Hawks and Timberwolves. They're all overloaded with bigs, either at or over 15 and in the case of the 76ers and Timberwolves, have needs at other positions.

I'd expect the 76ers to trade one of Noel or Okafor before the season, which could answer a lot of questions about their roster. At this writing, though, it would seem one of Landry or Holmes will be traded/waived.

The same goes for one of Splitter, Muscala or Tavares, as well as one of Pekovic or Payne. There's already been rumors in Pekovic's case. Garnett retiring is another possibility. If both happen, Payne probably stays put.

Kawhitstorm
07-17-2016, 04:18 PM
At this writing, though, it would seem one of Landry or Holmes will be traded/waived.

I've been keeping an eye on Landry & I hope they buy him out. He was a beast at the end of last season.

Spurs9
07-17-2016, 04:22 PM
Sixers get: Fathead + Mills + Simmons + 1st rnd
Spurs get: Okafor

Get it done RC.

TD 21
07-17-2016, 04:44 PM
I've been keeping an eye on Landry & I hope they buy him out. He was a beast at the end of last season.

Yeah, he even showed some expanded range, albeit in a limited sample size.

If he gets bought out, it would stand to reason that if the Spurs had interest in Bass, they'd have it in him, too.

Hopefully the 76ers think Rodriguez, Bayless and Henderson, will suffice as veterans and don't feel like they have to have a veteran big around.

Gibbz
07-17-2016, 05:40 PM
Who the fuck is Fathead?

sasaint
07-17-2016, 06:10 PM
Who the fuck is Fathead?

"Fathead" is a pejorative nickname for Kyle Anderson mostly used by his detractors.

lmbebo
07-17-2016, 06:32 PM
They got a log jam, they know it. But aren't going to dump them cheaply.

Kikoluna
07-17-2016, 08:50 PM
Who the fuck is Fathead?

You know, the shity player we have. The one that started okc's run as soon as pop put him in. The one that was so confused and a left an okc player wide open for a corner 3. The one that some here say he has potential. And well, the one with the big head, Kyle the "2nd unit guy that should be in Mexican league" Anderson

SpurPadre
07-17-2016, 10:08 PM
You know, the shity player we have. The one that started okc's run as soon as pop put him in. The one that was so confused and a left an okc player wide open for a corner 3. The one that some here say he has potential. And well, the one with the big head, Kyle the "2nd unit guy that should be in Mexican league" Anderson

Oh, you mean the one guy Bonner is more athletic than?

Kikoluna
07-17-2016, 10:49 PM
Oh, you mean the one guy Bonner is more athletic than?
Well played sir:bobo

sananspursfan21
07-18-2016, 07:54 AM
If you could, would you get Noel, severely undeveloped on offense but the best rim protector and most athletic or do you go for Okafor? Complete flip flop of Nerlens. Best raw offensive game since TD but can't do jack on defense. Okafor or Embiid would be redundant of Aldridge I think. It'd be so cool to land Noel, even if his IQ is 73

cjw
07-18-2016, 08:19 AM
You grab Noel and hope he functions in an actual offense. That said, you'd be lucky to get Noel in any trade that doesn't give up at least Green. Trading your scraps for him probably won't work. If all it takes is Simmons, Mills, etc. types you do it and don't think twice.

Obiwonginobili
07-18-2016, 11:36 AM
http://i63.tinypic.com/dwxw5g.jpg

plus picks... plus Bonner loves them sammichess, he can gorge on Gino's Philly Cheesesteaks for the rest of his life in Philly. just saying....

alpha_HaZE
07-18-2016, 11:58 AM

This, it's Bryan Colangelo fellas.

BackHome
07-18-2016, 02:32 PM
Would love to do some kind of trade to get Dario! I know he is going to hate to play in Philky I wonder what it would take to get him?

TheGreatYacht
01-24-2017, 10:30 PM
Man, I would love Richaun Holmes on this team. He produces when given minutes. Unfortunately he's last on their big depth chart.

18pts, 3reb, and a block in 18 minutes tonight against the Clippers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G2JQA9R4ZA&feature=share

Pull the trigger RC :tu

r0drig0lac
01-25-2017, 06:56 AM
Noel is ridiculously good (logically some "st experts" think him overrated)
against the center that makes our players afraid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gm88G4QgTbQ

GSH
01-25-2017, 10:40 PM
The 76ers have a log jam of big men, anyway we can trade for one?

No team in the league is going to go out of their way to trade with the Spurs anymore, IMO. Especially after the George Hill for Kawhi and Bertans trade has been beaten to death. I think most GM's would rather trade to ANYONE other than the Spurs, just because they don't want to get labeled as the guy who let "XXXX" get away to the Spurs.

As much as I have questioned the Spurs at the 5 from the beginning of this season, any trade for a known-good player would involve giving up something in return. Given how well they have done with 3 of the starting 5 out, it's getting harder to think about giving up one of these players in favor of another.

TheGreatYacht
01-25-2017, 10:59 PM
Man, I would love Richaun Holmes on this team. He produces when given minutes. Unfortunately he's last on their big depth chart.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3G2JQA9R4ZA&feature=share

9pts, 8reb, 1stl for Richaun Holmes in 19 minutes :tu

palangi
01-26-2017, 01:30 AM
No team in the league is going to go out of their way to trade with the Spurs anymore, IMO. Especially after the George Hill for Kawhi and Bertans trade has been beaten to death. I think most GM's would rather trade to ANYONE other than the Spurs, just because they don't want to get labeled as the guy who let "XXXX" get away to the Spurs.

As much as I have questioned the Spurs at the 5 from the beginning of this season, any trade for a known-good player would involve giving up something in return. Given how well they have done with 3 of the starting 5 out, it's getting harder to think about giving up one of these players in favor of another.
We'd definitely have to give up something to get something. But I'd be willing to start with Danny green and mills. let Murray be the 2nd PG and Forbes be the 3rd. But obviously Manu gets minutes at the point too.

Green
mills
the rights to Adam Hanga
Kyle Anderson

for

noel
covington

GSH
01-26-2017, 02:08 AM
We'd definitely have to give up something to get something. But I'd be willing to start with Danny green and mills. let Murray be the 2nd PG and Forbes be the 3rd. But obviously Manu gets minutes at the point too.

Green
mills
the rights to Adam Hanga
Kyle Anderson

for

noel
covington

I'm not even going to talk about the merits of that. Do you ever check the salaries on trades you propose? There's only about a $10M gap to cover. The Spurs would be sending out about $15M, give or take, and taking back a little over $5M.

Kawhitstorm
01-26-2017, 02:46 AM
Man, I would love Richaun Holmes on this team. He produces when given minutes. Unfortunately he's last on their big depth chart. Pull the trigger RC :tu

They are trying to move Okafor/Noel thus it wouldn't make sense to trade Holmes when Embiid is on a minute restriction. He doesn't play much b/c they are trying to showcase Okafor.

palangi
01-26-2017, 10:50 AM
I'm not even going to talk about the merits of that. Do you ever check the salaries on trades you propose? There's only about a $10M gap to cover. The Spurs would be sending out about $15M, give or take, and taking back a little over $5M.

Listen I'm just throwing ideas out there. Don't be an uppity bitch. Fucking relax a little.

Phenomanul
01-26-2017, 11:55 AM
Listen I'm just throwing ideas out there. Don't be an uppity bitch. Fucking relax a little.

It's cause normally people here toss up ideas on the other end of the spectrum... "handing out our scrubs, in return for stars" (i.e. less salary for more)...

What you proposed was quite the opposite...

It's a little funny...

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 12:17 PM

*cough*

Ironically enough, merits of said trade not withstanding, PHI is so far under the cap that they could take on the extra 10M no problem and the trade legally works financially.

palangi
01-26-2017, 12:18 PM
*cough*

Ironically enough, merits of said trade not withstanding, PHI is so far under the cap that they could take on the extra 10M no problem and the trade legally works financially.

That's what I thought but didn't really want to argue it.

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 12:23 PM
However, discussing merits, no one should be proposing any trade with Danny involved that does not include getting an upgrade at guard (at least in terms of offensive skill set). Spurs are solid up front even if they could use another wing. It's the guard position that is a "concern" and losing Danny/Mills would be crippling.

palangi
01-26-2017, 12:35 PM
However, discussing merits, no one should be proposing any trade with Danny involved that does not include getting an upgrade at guard (at least in terms of offensive skill set). Spurs are solid up front even if they could use another wing. It's the guard position that is a "concern" and losing Danny/Mills would be crippling.

I see covington as a guy that can play and start at the 2 guard spot.

Losing mills is tough. We don't really fill his spot as Murray is a different type of player. But I think Forbes is very similar with Better size and length. Just not the same confidence or experience. But as the 3rd guy who probably plays behind Manu still, I think it is manageable.

PG- parker, Murray, Forbes
SG- covington, Manu, Simmons
SF- Leonard, Bertans
PF- LMA, Lee
C - Noel, Gasol, Dedmon

Chinook
01-26-2017, 12:38 PM
That's a shit lineup right there.

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 12:40 PM
I like RoCo but he's not as good as Danny at shooting or defense. Adding RoCo to the existing squad would be great. Then Forbes for Mills is a massive downgrade at this point.

In a bubble Danny for Noel is fine value but it hurts the overall team now.

Chinook
01-26-2017, 12:41 PM
As soon as Dedmon and Lee showed that they were quality rotation players, the Spurs' need for a big disappeared. They have the best front court in the NBA. Why are people trying to rob a poor backcourt to make the rich richer?

palangi
01-26-2017, 12:59 PM
That's a shit lineup right there.

You're a shit evaluator. LJC? Danny green all universe defense that can't EVER be replaced. GTFOH!

tav1
01-26-2017, 02:19 PM

Green
mills
the rights to Adam Hanga
Kyle Anderson

for

noel
covington

You're way overpaying for RoCo--a plus defender with limited offense--and Noel, who Philly will not resign this offseason and might not be worth his RFA asking price.

Covington might have more value than Noel because of his contract situation.

Dedmon + Anderson + Hanga is a fair offer for Convington and Noel. Maybe put a second in the deal. Philly probably says no and looks for something better, but San Antonio doesn't need to do anything and Philly doesn't have any leverage. It's not like there is great demand for Noel. No need to overpay. The Spurs roster is fine. Besides, why would 76ers want to move Covington? And if they move Noel, rather than a big in return, wouldn't they just develop Holmes?

BillMc
01-26-2017, 02:29 PM
"Big Man Log Jam" sounds like one of those water rides at an amusement park....Or the party theme for a gay cruise. :lol

GSH
01-26-2017, 02:44 PM
*cough*

Holy shit, you're right. I don't look in on Philly that often, but I thought there was supposed to be a salary floor this season. How the hell are they over $7M below the announced floor? Are they going to be forced to take on some more ballast before the end of the season, or did they just decide not to bring the floor into play this season?

Well, Palangi, I guess I have egg on my face - your trade would work after all. Just out of curiosity... your plan is to move Covington to the starting SG position? Because, what, other than the fact that we'd need one?

GSH
01-26-2017, 03:51 PM
Nobody? Chinook, you know tons about the cap. Aren't the Sixers like way below the announced salary floor? What am I missing?

TheGreatYacht
01-26-2017, 03:58 PM
I see covington as a guy that can play and start at the 2 guard spot.

Losing mills is tough. We don't really fill his spot as Murray is a different type of player. But I think Forbes is very similar with Better size and length. Just not the same confidence or experience. But as the 3rd guy who probably plays behind Manu still, I think it is manageable.

PG- parker, Murray, Forbes
SG- covington, Manu, Simmons
SF- Leonard, Bertans
PF- LMA, Lee
C - Noel, Gasol, Dedmon
That's honestly a great rotation, bro....

That starting lineup is universes ahead defensively than our current one. Only thing I would change is putting Kawhi at SG over Covington. Plus, Murray and Bertans are out of the doghouse and getting actual minutes? Perfect.

We can even pick up a Hollis Thompson, tbh.. a consistent 3pt shooter

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 04:00 PM
Nobody? Chinook, you know tons about the cap. Aren't the Sixers like way below the announced salary floor? What am I missing?

The floor doesn't matter. Worst case, if the team doesn't meet the floor then they just distribute the gap to the other players on the roster.

Most teams like the flexibility though vs just signing someone because of the ability to absorb salaries in trades. Makes them a nice team to deal with and usually you get compensated draft picks for helping another team shed money.

GSH
01-26-2017, 04:06 PM
The floor doesn't matter. Worst case, if the team doesn't meet the floor then they just distribute the gap to the other players on the roster.

Most teams like the flexibility though vs just signing someone because of the ability to absorb salaries in trades. Makes them a nice team to deal with and usually you get compensated draft picks for helping another team shed money.

I wish I had a gif of Dennis Hopper... yer freakin' me out man. :lol I thought the purpose in the floor was to keep teams from doing exactly this? It's not much of a floor, if you don't have to meet it. And you're saying they can just distribute more money to the players who are already under contract for a lesser amount? I've already written too much for one day, but you see all the games that could allow them to play? And I thought the Players' Union wanted a floor to try and get more money out to more players? That all just seems totally contrary to what I thought they wanted to accomplish.

I understand wanting to leave room to absorb contracts. Hell, they Sixers have been doing that for years and stockpiling picks. I believe you - I just don't see the point in having a floor if they can work this way.

BG_Spurs_Fan
01-26-2017, 04:08 PM

And on top of this enraging other owners, GMs, agents and the players union to the point the league might decide to force them to ditch their GM.

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 04:09 PM
I wish I had a gif of Dennis Hopper... yer freakin' me out man. :lol I thought the purpose in the floor was to keep teams from doing exactly this? It's not much of a floor, if you don't have to meet it. And you're saying they can just distribute more money to the players who are already under contract for a lesser amount? I've already written too much for one day, but you see all the games that could allow them to play? And I thought the Players' Union wanted a floor to try and get more money out to more players? That all just seems totally contrary to what I thought they wanted to accomplish.

I understand wanting to leave room to absorb contracts. Hell, they Sixers have been doing that for years and stockpiling picks. I believe you - I just don't see the point in having a floor if they can work this way.

The floor does get more money to the players though. In the PHI example, if they don't sign someone(s) with salaries above the floor, then that number they are below the floor gets divided out evenly and paid to the players. The team is paying money no matter what (the same amount) whether it's to current roster or another player they bring in.

GSH
01-26-2017, 04:25 PM
The floor does get more money to the players though. In the PHI example, if they don't sign someone(s) with salaries above the floor, then that number they are below the floor gets divided out evenly and paid to the players. The team is paying money no matter what (the same amount) whether it's to current roster or another player they bring in.

Okay then. Seems to me the league would treat that floor just like a cap hold, and not let them absorb more than the gap between the cap and the floor. But that's what I get for assuming.

So if a min-contract player has an extra half-million doled out, when the team has to meet the floor... they basically double their salary? And do they have a $500K cap hold for the next season, or $1M? And if they get an extra $500K this season, but next season the team has a bigger payroll?

They could send out a player who would get paid $500K by his new team. But if he stayed in Philly, he would make $1M because of the distribution? What a mess. I think I'm just going to pretend like I didn't read any of this.

Chinook
01-26-2017, 04:38 PM

Trades depend on the cap ceiling, not the floor. Teams are only punished for being below the floor by increasing the salaries of the players on the team to compensate. It's not really a big deal.

That does mean that Palangi's proposed trade is possible.

Chinook
01-26-2017, 04:42 PM
Okay then. Seems to me the league would treat that floor just like a cap hold, and not let them absorb more than the gap between the cap and the floor. But that's what I get for assuming.

So if a min-contract player has an extra half-million doled out, when the team has to meet the floor... they basically double their salary? And do they have a $500K cap hold for the next season, or $1M? And if they get an extra $500K this season, but next season the team has a bigger payroll?

They could send out a player who would get paid $500K by his new team. But if he stayed in Philly, he would make $1M because of the distribution? What a mess. I think I'm just going to pretend like I didn't read any of this.

DPG is a little off in the sense that the money doesn't HAVE to be split evenly, but I don't see why it wouldn't be. However, that salary isn't carried over to the next year by any means, neither as a benefit nor a punishment. In the scenario you suggested, the player would just double his salary that year and be eligible for the two-year min the next season.

It's actually kind of cool. In theory, the team can distribute the money based on relative salary, though that's up to the NBPA. But imagine being a guy who signs right before the end of the season and cashes in on like a million bucks for the trouble. That's life-changing money for a guy who probably wasn't making enough to live on just a few weeks before.

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 04:43 PM

It's really one in the same. Whether you sign a free agent for x amount or trade/absorb a player for x amount, it ends up being the same thing overall. This floor was set to ensure a minimum amount of money was spent/invested period. Now cheap teams will either have to pay more than normal or be actively engaged in trade talks - both good things for players/nba.

Correct. I believe its just evenly distributed and not pro-rated based on contract size for purposes of the extra distribution (but I'm not 100% sure). Either way it would not impact the cap holds from my understanding (because in your situation, they would have a roster spot open that would have the charge anyways for cap purposes vs doubling the cap hold for a min player).

The floor is an annual qualifier that only has to met by a certain deadline. So what happens this year is only this year. Next year, that players contract goes back to what it normally is and the team may sign other players that push them above the floor and no extra payout for that year.

That is correct. However, they really don't do that because they are paying the same amount regardless so it does them no good when they are below a floor to send a player out.

TheDoctor
01-26-2017, 05:57 PM
"Big Man Log Jam" sounds like one of those water rides at an amusement park....Or the party theme for a gay cruise. :lol

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/LeBron-Banana-Boat.jpg

SpursforSix
01-26-2017, 05:58 PM
Bend over, I'll fucking show you a Big Man Log Jam.

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 06:03 PM
Also, GSH, when you call out to Chinook are you implying I don't know about the cap??? WTF

BillMc
01-26-2017, 06:04 PM
http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/LeBron-Banana-Boat.jpg
:rollin

GSH
01-26-2017, 06:47 PM
Also, GSH, when you call out to Chinook are you implying I don't know about the cap??? WTF

You ignored me. In my hour of confusion, I turned to the ever-constant Chinook. :lol No, I had a little seam in my schedule, and thought you had gone off for a while. You guys are both pretty damn good sources. It's almost like having personal access to Larry Coon x2.

I really do get the concept about a non-hard floor. I'd have to give it some thought, but I have a feeling it gives them some extra angles in managing roster/salary/trades. Usually the league has tried to close loopholes. If nothing else, the Sixers could absorb $17M worth of salary right now. If the floor was mandatory, the most any team could absorb is about $10M. (The gap between floor and cap.) That's not insignificant. It gives the Sixers the ability to swing a blockbuster, and potentially rewards them for staying below the floor. I know they have to come up to the floor eventually, but it gives them one hell of a lot of extra flexibility in the interim. That is just inconsistent with everything else I'm used to.

Look at it this way: if you KNOW that they are going to have to shell out $84M and change, then they should be treated like that much is committed. Then they would only have the ability to absorb $10M or so, just like a team that was truly at the floor. I'm not going to beat it to death (more than I already have), but I think it gives them too much advantage over other teams.

tonight...you
01-26-2017, 06:51 PM
You ignored me. In my hour of confusion, I turned to the ever-constant Chinook. :lol No, I had a little seam in my schedule, and thought you had gone off for a while. You guys are both pretty damn good sources. It's almost like having personal access to Larry Coon x2.

I really do get the concept about a non-hard floor. I'd have to give it some thought, but I have a feeling it gives them some extra angles in managing roster/salary/trades. Usually the league has tried to close loopholes. If nothing else, the Sixers could absorb $17M worth of salary right now. If the floor was mandatory, the most any team could absorb is about $10M. (The gap between floor and cap.) That's not insignificant. It gives the Sixers the ability to swing a blockbuster, and potentially rewards them for staying below the floor. I know they have to come up to the floor eventually, but it gives them one hell of a lot of extra flexibility in the interim. That is just inconsistent with everything else I'm used to.

Look at it this way: if you KNOW that they are going to have to shell out $84M and change, then they should be treated like that much is committed. Then they would only have the ability to absorb $10M or so, just like a team that was truly at the floor. I'm not going to beat it to death (more than I already have), but I think it gives them too much advantage over other teams.
I'm going to be honest:
I'b be willing to take that man on a fishing trip. The convo's would probably be so much fun... it would be worth it.

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 06:53 PM

:lol I was just kidding. Chinook knows more about the minutiae of the CBA than I do - especially after the changes. I know most of the general stuff, but when it gets down to the nitty gritty I have to research and ask.

tonight...you
01-26-2017, 07:01 PM
:lol I was just kidding. Chinook knows more about the minutiae of the CBA than I do - especially after the changes. I know most of the general stuff, but when it gets down to the nitty gritty I have to research and ask.

I'm going to be in SA the beginning of March to see a few games, for my birthday. You would be one of the peeps I would love to meet in person.
Actually, I invite... most of you, should you want, to hook up with a fellow Spurs fan the weekend of March 4th. No... I'm not buying your drinks.

And no, I don't what place would be good to go to, for a hangout, but I know it's not going to be the Blue Pearl.
But we'll be staying at a hotel on the Riverwalk... if that helps.

Maybe I should make a thread...

DPG21920
01-26-2017, 07:04 PM
Just make a thread about it as it gets closer - I'm not always in SA but if I am I'll meet up if the place is awesome

tonight...you
01-26-2017, 07:16 PM
Just make a thread about it as it gets closer - I'm not always in SA but if I am I'll meet up if the place is awesome
Will do.

GSH
01-26-2017, 07:39 PM
I'm going to be honest:
I'b be willing to take that man on a fishing trip. The convo's would probably be so much fun... it would be worth it.

Heh. I actually live on the water these days, and fish all the time. No talking, except about fishing. :D

Seventyniner
01-26-2017, 07:39 PM
The salary floor doesn't really have any teeth. I wonder if a change is part of the new CBA being negotiated, but I doubt it; it doesn't seem like a high priority issue. Unless both the players and owners want to punish the Sixers for gaming the system.

tonight...you
01-26-2017, 07:47 PM
Heh. I actually live on the water these days, and fish all the time. No talking, except about fishing. :D

Love it. My older brother lives on a house-boat in Florida. He swears by it.
I love fishing, having grown up in Corpus Christi, but now living in El Paso... well, let's just say I don't get the chance like I used to.

palangi
01-28-2017, 12:02 PM
I like RoCo but he's not as good as Danny at shooting or defense. Adding RoCo to the existing squad would be great. Then Forbes for Mills is a massive downgrade at this point.

In a bubble Danny for Noel is fine value but it hurts the overall team now.

Why is mills a massive downgrade? After thinking about it I don't think it is. Mills shooting isn't much better. He isn't better defensively, they are equal here. Ball handling is about the same.

So what is the difference in the two? Forbes is taller and longer. And mills has more experience.

r0drig0lac
01-28-2017, 12:50 PM
76ers would not trade Noel for Mills + Danny, they have enough players and assets to actually make a real upgrade in the backcourt

spurraider21
01-28-2017, 01:04 PM
sixers aren't going to move noel.

and we arent goin to make a move for oak

/thread

GSH
01-28-2017, 06:17 PM
Bigger concern to me is that I thought Dedmon was on his way up. He played really well for a few games, but hasn't looked nearly as good lately. Of all the trades that get talked about, very few ever come true. He's the guy we've got right now, and I was really hoping for more than we've seen recently.

Much as I hate to say it, I'd consider packaging him in a trade for one legit C. Pau plus one more solid big man would probably be enough to make the run into the postseason. Dedmon has moments, but I can't say that the word "solid" comes to mind when I'm watching him lately.

cjw
01-28-2017, 07:27 PM
Bigger concern to me is that I thought Dedmon was on his way up. He played really well for a few games, but hasn't looked nearly as good lately. Of all the trades that get talked about, very few ever come true. He's the guy we've got right now, and I was really hoping for more than we've seen recently.

Much as I hate to say it, I'd consider packaging him in a trade for one legit C. Pau plus one more solid big man would probably be enough to make the run into the postseason. Dedmon has moments, but I can't say that the word "solid" comes to mind when I'm watching him lately.

He's a free agent after this season without bird rights, so going to be hard to get any value for him. I'd love to upgrade the spot, but think Spurs are stuck with it

Raven
01-28-2017, 07:31 PM
76ers would not trade Noel for Mills + Danny, they have enough players and assets to actually make a real upgrade in the backcourt

lol, they would give noel AND okafor for that.

r0drig0lac
01-28-2017, 07:52 PM

of course not, but it is no use discussing this, all that remains is to wait and watch

tonight...you
01-28-2017, 07:53 PM
uh... what?

GSH
01-28-2017, 10:11 PM
He's a free agent after this season without bird rights, so going to be hard to get any value for him. I'd love to upgrade the spot, but think Spurs are stuck with it

LOL. I guess I just haven't been paying attention. I swear I thought they had a team option on him, but it's a player option. He's going to miss a great opportunity to get paid if he doesn't step it up. What we're seeing should be as motivated as he gets, which doesn't give me an easy feeling.

TheGreatYacht
02-10-2017, 01:26 AM
https://j.gifs.com/kRnmNJ.gif
Richaun Holmes
Per-36: 15.4pts, 9.7reb, 1.9ast, 1.3stl, 1.7blk, 56.7TS%
2016-2017: $1,025,831
2017-2018: $1,014,746
2018-2019: $1,088,038

For

https://i.imgbox.com/kTjE6Omo.gif
Kyle Anderson
Per-36: 7.6pts, 6.9reb, 3.0ast, 1.9stl, 1.1blk, 52.4TS%

HarlemHeat37
02-15-2017, 10:42 AM
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/does-jahlil-okafor-have-a-place-in-todays-nba/?ex_cid=story-twitter

Interesting read on the difficulty of utilizing a player with Okafor's weaknesses(which is everything but on-ball scoring)..

Seventyniner
02-15-2017, 11:46 AM
https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/does-jahlil-okafor-have-a-place-in-todays-nba/?ex_cid=story-twitter

Interesting read on the difficulty of utilizing a player with Okafor's weaknesses(which is everything but on-ball scoring)..

Just read that piece. I haven't watched him enough to know if the numbers paint an accurate picture but those rebounding stats are dismal. :lol at LMA being on their list too.

I wouldn't want to trade for Okafor unless I was a perennial loser trying to crack the playoffs. If he's going to become a good player it won't be until he signs his next contract. That's part of the problem with really raw players, you don't get full value from their rookie contract.

TheGreatYacht
04-01-2017, 04:24 PM

His minutes have increased over the last 3 weeks and he's producing as I predicted.

24pts, 14rebs, 5ast, 1blk, 1stl vs Magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSD-NIMAWBM&feature=share

24pts, 9rebs vs Clippers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJtmpWYRfR0&feature=share

25pts, 8rebs, 1blk, 1stl vs Hawks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKWhzqCtBEc&feature=share

TheGreatYacht
04-01-2017, 04:29 PM
(continued)

19pts, 7rebs, 2stl vs Cavaliers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPnWNublGB8&feature=share

17pts, 7rebs, 2ast, 2stl in 19 MINUTES vs Mavericks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXQYllapTIw&feature=share

Considering the Sixers gave up Nerlens Noel for Justin Anderson and a second round pick.. I think Kyle, Forbes, and this year's second round pick gets it done. Throw in Milutinov's rights if needed.

TD 21
04-01-2017, 04:53 PM
(continued)

19pts, 7rebs, 2stl vs Cavaliers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPnWNublGB8&feature=share

17pts, 7rebs, 2ast, 2stl in 19 MINUTES vs Mavericks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXQYllapTIw&feature=share

Considering the Sixers gave up Nerlens Noel for Justin Anderson and a second round pick.. I think Kyle, Forbes, and this year's second round pick gets it done. Throw in Milutinov's rights if needed.

With how injury prone Embiid is and Okafor having durability issues so far too, I don't see the impetus for them to move Holmes and nothing in that "package" would figure to entice them to, either.

If Dedmon can't be re-signed with the MLE or Reed signed with it, Nogueira would be a more logical target. He's a year away from an extension and with them likely to have a bloated payroll going forward, it's highly unlikely they'll be willing to invest in their fourth (Ibaka plays some center) center.

He's like a much worse rebounding, much better passing version of Dedmon.

TheGreatYacht
04-01-2017, 05:05 PM
With how injury prone Embiid is and Okafor having durability issues so far too, I don't see the impetus for them to move Holmes and nothing in that "package" would figure to entice them to, either.

If Dedmon can't be re-signed with the MLE or Reed signed with it, Nogueira would be a more logical target. He's a year away from an extension and with them likely to have a bloated payroll going forward, it's highly unlikely they'll be willing to invest in their fourth (Ibaka plays some center) center.

He's like a much worse rebounding, much better passing version of Dedmon.
The Sixers have 4 second round picks this year (36, 39, 45, 48). If they could throw in one or two of those along with Holmes, I'm sure RC would give them Danny.

I like Noguiera's potential defensively. Not sure why he's such a bad rebounder with size like that though. Wouldn't mind having him instead paying Deadman big money :tu

TD 21
04-02-2017, 09:53 PM
The Sixers have 4 second round picks this year (36, 39, 45, 48). If they could throw in one or two of those along with Holmes, I'm sure RC would give them Danny.

I like Noguiera's potential defensively. Not sure why he's such a bad rebounder with size like that though. Wouldn't mind having him instead paying Deadman big money :tu

They're not moving Green and Holmes plus 1-2 2nds would be a terrible trade.

Noguiera lacks strength and is soft, but he'd probably cost the Spurs a future 1st.