PDA

View Full Version : uber vs taxi

TDMVPDPOY
07-17-2016, 10:31 PM
notice some taxi faggots are moving over to uber as drivers, now foremost if those clowns want know why the taxi business is losing competition to uber, whether its drivers changing or whatever

how about them taxi drivers invest in deodorant? fkn indian/paki/middle easting drivers...

Blake
07-20-2016, 10:54 AM
Uber is faster response over all, but less safe.

And from what I've heard, Uber is more expensive too

boutons_deux
07-20-2016, 12:22 PM
In San Antonio, uber charges a fare of $0.90/mile while taxis are $2+.

DMX7
07-20-2016, 01:00 PM

I never really considered safety concerns, should I?

mrsmaalox
07-20-2016, 01:04 PM
notice some taxi faggots are moving over to uber as drivers, now foremost if those clowns want know why the taxi business is losing competition to uber, whether its drivers changing or whatever

how about them taxi drivers invest in deodorant? fkn indian/paki/middle easting drivers...

:lol

Uber isnt much better in that regard. The combination of Dollar Tree air fresheners and ArmorAll is pretty noxious.

Chucho
07-20-2016, 03:01 PM
LOL, only faggots and pussies and losers who don't own a car need Uber or a Taxi...

Buddy Mignon
07-20-2016, 04:43 PM

Uber is on average 35% cheaper and much faster response than yellow cabs. Uber has cut down on drunk driving accidents in every town they operate it. College kids love it and they can split the fare through the app. Uber is a game changer. It also gives you the option to order a black car or SUV. Uber for the win all day.

RGMCSE
07-20-2016, 06:00 PM
When I go out I use Uber. It's changed the way I go out and enjoy my nights on the town. Cheap, fast and easy to use.

leemajors
07-20-2016, 06:08 PM
I preferred Lyft to Uber in Austin before our idiot populace made them leave, but they are both way better options than taxis and the startups in their place these days.

Ditty
07-21-2016, 02:02 AM
I have only used Uber three times, twice in San Antonio, and once in Chicago and have had great experiences with all three of them and usually pretty cheap. The drivers are more down to earth also. Only complaint is their late night sure charging. My buddy got charged over $100 for a no more than a $20 ride on 6th street in Austin once back to his hotel. I guess that's how it work if there's a high demand.

phxspurfan
07-21-2016, 03:38 PM
I have only used Uber three times, twice in San Antonio, and once in Chicago and have had great experiences with all three of them and usually pretty cheap. The drivers are more down to earth also. Only complaint is their late night sure charging. My buddy got charged over $100 for a no more than a $20 ride on 6th street in Austin once back to his hotel. I guess that's how it work if there's a high demand.

They say the surge pricing is a way to get more drivers on the road when theres less supply than demand, but it's also probably a huge moneymaking scheme

I. Hustle
07-21-2016, 04:15 PM
I like Uber when I am travelling. Depends on who you get though. Last time I was in New Orleans I thought I was going to die the way that the taxi driver was weaving in and out of traffic and speeding. Later I took an Uber and they kept getting lost trying to find my location.

One night I got tired of waiting and took one of those rickshaw bike things.

Blake
07-21-2016, 04:45 PM
Uber is on average 35% cheaper and much faster response than yellow cabs. Uber has cut down on drunk driving accidents in every town they operate it. College kids love it and they can split the fare through the app. Uber is a game changer. It also gives you the option to order a black car or SUV. Uber for the win all day.

Sorry, you're right. I was reading something recently on Uber doing extra surge charging during certain peak times that might end up being more costly at times than cabs. But that's about it tho

Blake
07-21-2016, 04:50 PM

I'm just going on what I've read

"...Uber's terms and conditions tell riders they are riding at their own risk:
"The quality of the transportation services scheduled through the use of the service or application is entirely the responsibility of the third party provider who ultimately provides such transportation services to you. You understand, therefore, that by using the application and the service, you may be exposed to transportation that is potentially dangerous, offensive, harmful to minors, unsafe or otherwise objectionable, and that you use the application and the service at your own risk."

http://www.click2houston.com/news/are-uber-and-lyft-cheaper-than-a-cab

Thebesteva
07-22-2016, 12:26 AM

Only if you're a hot chick...other wise no

DMX7
07-22-2016, 10:29 AM
Only if you're a hot chick...other wise no

I'm a good looking gentleman.

UNT Eagles 2016
07-23-2016, 09:30 AM
When I go out I use Uber. It's changed the way I go out and enjoy my nights on the town. Cheap, fast and easy to use.

Nooooooo... City taxi is usually MUCH cheaper than Uber.

Taxi charges strictly for MILEAGE plus a nominal board fee. That's all.

Uber charges the board fee, plus mileage... PLUS TIME (a huge variable cost not charged by most taxis). What the hell. So if your ride gets caught behind an accident, or traffic or whatever, ME AS THE RIDER has to pay for shit that is out of my control? Hell fucking no! Fuck Uber.

pgardn
07-23-2016, 09:37 AM

Not even close in my experience.

From my house to ths SA airport uber is much less expensive. I use it all the time. You do have to watch the hour that you choose for pick up as the rates can change with uber, but you can check that.

pgardn
07-23-2016, 09:40 AM

Uber charges the board fee, plus mileage... PLUS TIME (a huge variable cost not charged by most taxis). What the hell. So if your ride gets caught behind an accident, or traffic or whatever, ME AS THE RIDER has to pay for shit that is out of my control? Hell fucking no! Fuck Uber.

So how much money over the quoted price did it go, you can challenge that price?

RGMCSE
07-23-2016, 12:44 PM

From my house to downtown in a yellow cab costs me $35. Same ride in an Uber was $17.Ill take my own fucking experience as gospel and tell you to fuck off punk ass biatch.

Mark Celibate
07-23-2016, 06:25 PM
cheapness comes with cost in another way imho. Safety is a main concern, who would take responsibility should anything had gone bad? If taxi is too expensive for your then the bus and subway are good choices balancing safety and charge.