PDA

View Full Version : Graham Sees Salvation Going on in NO

Nbadan
10-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Graham Sees 'Revival' for New Orleans
Tuesday October 4, 2005 3:01 PM
AP Photo NY110

LYNCHBURG, Va. (AP) - Evangelist Franklin Graham told an audience that Hurricane Katrina could lead to a spiritual rebirth of what he called a sinful New Orleans.

"There's been satanic worship. There's been sexual perversion,'' Graham said Monday in an appearance at Liberty University. ``God is going to use that storm to bring revival. God has a plan. God has a purpose.''

Graham's comments, reported by The News & Advance of Lynchburg, were made at Thomas Road Baptist Church's Super Conference 2005 at Liberty. Both the church and the university were founded by the Rev. Jerry Falwell.

"The good news is that God loves sinners. Jesus Christ is coming back and he's alive,'' said Graham, son and designated successor of the Rev. Billy Graham.

Guardian (http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5320490,00.html)

Ummm..maybe someone should remind Graham that some of the first establishments to open in the newly 'revived NO' were the 'gentlemen's clubs'.

Besides, Bourbon Street and all the other 'racy' establishments were just fine. It was mostly the black residential neighborhoods that got drowned-out by the flood. What manner of "sin" is Graham talking about? Is being black a sin in Franklin Graham's twisted little world?

Spurminator
10-04-2005, 01:22 PM
I'm sure that's exactly what he meant.

I hear he also lauded the "natural bleach" content in the flood waters that were certain to give people a "more Godly shade of melanin." I read it in The Daily Mirror.