PDA

View Full Version : Suns: 2nd rounder Uselis gets 1st round contract:::4-years-2 guaranteed!!!

Thread
07-18-2016, 10:12 PM
& it starts up the street...

"Don't look over here where we're barren at O & 48, look over there at that little 5'9" black kid, hustlin' his little bustle. He may not have the size to play NBA ball, but, I dare you to be the one to tell him so. We really love this kid's attitude. He's a real fireplug and we couldn't be more pleased. To us, he's eight feet tall."

---

[[[Tyler Ulis, the 5-foot-9 guard out of Kentucky, was the biggest player on the court in the Phoenix Suns’ 82-81 victory over the Denver Nuggets in the quarterfinals of summer league play.]]]

Spurs9
07-19-2016, 08:36 AM
:wow

Killakobe81
07-19-2016, 09:10 AM
I think in a limited (non starter role) he can be fine.
Obviously you need a big guard and rim protector alongside him to discourage post-ups.

But I think he can give you 20 mins. of uptempo offense and defensive pressure.

Thread
07-19-2016, 10:04 AM
I think in a limited (non starter role) he can be fine.
Obviously you need a big guard and rim protector alongside him to discourage post-ups.

But I think he can give you 20 mins. of uptempo offense and defensive pressure.

I think you're nuts.

Killakobe81
07-19-2016, 10:50 AM
I think you're nuts.

I mean what have tiny guards really ever done besides the above?
That is what they do I think he can be poor black man's JJ Barea ...

You say otherwise?

Thread
07-19-2016, 12:11 PM
I mean what have tiny guards really ever done besides the above?
That is what they do I think he can be poor black man's JJ Barea ...

You say otherwise?

Yes, I'm saying it's an exercise in futility. Nothing more than a PR stunt. He won't amount to a hill a beans.

Fabbs
07-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Yes, I'm saying it's an exercise in futility. Nothing more than a PR stunt. He won't amount to a hill a beans.
If he is the little shrimp I saw in the 4th qtr culminating with giving up the end of game shot Sat afternoon....
Ya I was like this guy does not belong in the NBA.

SpursforSix
07-19-2016, 12:37 PM

That's what they said about Schlitze the Pinhead.

TheGreatYacht
07-19-2016, 12:49 PM
Better than D'Snitch, IMHO

07-19-2016, 01:03 PM
Better than D'Snitch, IMHO

Killakobe81
07-19-2016, 01:52 PM
niccas dont know shit about hoops ...

JMarkJohns
07-19-2016, 08:52 PM
Suns suck. Novelties fill seats.

Besides, Ulis is the exact opposite of the knuckleheads they have in the backcourt beyond Booker.

Thread
07-19-2016, 08:53 PM
Suns suck. Novelties fill seats.

Besides, Ulis is the exact opposite of the knuckleheads they have in the backcourt beyond Booker.

That's it. And that's all.

JMarkJohns
07-19-2016, 09:24 PM
Ulis has everything to succeed but size.

History suggests it's insurmountable.

I get that.

But Ulis is a quality player. As a fan, he's worth cheering for. Even if it's a dead end.

Thread
07-19-2016, 09:27 PM
Ulis has everything to succeed but size.

History suggests it's insurmountable.

I get that.

But Ulis is a quality player. As a fan, he's worth cheering for. Even if it's a dead end.

There is no payoff. You admit to being sold a bill of goods. Nothing but a charade.

K...
07-19-2016, 09:53 PM
Might as well sign jimmer for the lulz

JMarkJohns
07-20-2016, 12:27 AM
The payoff is actually liking players on the team again.

It sucks when your team suck and its players are all assholes and losers.

At least Ulis isn't an asshole, and I actually think his skills and mind are closer to winner than loser. But I acknowledge it will be all but impossible go mad that impact at his size.

Thread
07-20-2016, 12:50 AM

At least Ulis isn't an asshole, and I actually think his skills and mind are closer to winner than loser. But I acknowledge it will be all but impossible go mad that impact at his size.

JM, you're following local Media's guidelines TO THE LETTER.

DMC
07-20-2016, 12:54 AM

Non-issue. They've paid 10's of millions for absolutely not a fucking thing and look what that got them. At least they paid less and maybe can eventually challenge the Mercury.

ambchang
07-20-2016, 08:01 AM
JM, you're following local Media's guidelines TO THE LETTER.

And you are following media's guidelines to count rings and nothing else .... oh wait, you changed, you are now talking about everything else.

JMarkJohns
07-20-2016, 11:47 AM
Cubby is big picture correct. It's unlikely the 5-8 Ulis makes a significant impact on a playoff team.

But little picture, his attitude, his skills, his mentality is that of a winner, an overachiever, and he brings a hard working attitude and confidence. He's a leader.

This isn't me buying what local radio is selling. I'm not from Phoenix. I don't hear the radio any more. I've liked Ulis as a player since high school.

Little picture, they've had a bunch of malcontents and assholes in their lockerroom lately. This is a step in the right direction to clean that up.

Maybe he doesn't change fortunes on court, but he can shift attitudes, work ethics, and he and Booker can lead Suns forward from the lockerroom out.

Maybe you can't win games from the lockerroom. But you sure as shit can lose them.

Ulis helps change that.