PDA

View Full Version : Shawn says Duncan not one of the greatest "big man"

coachmac87
07-19-2016, 05:50 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsports.com/nba/story/shaquille-oneal-tim-duncan-not-a-big-man-071816.amp.html#

Shaq once again showing his jealous side tbh. Said Duncan was a "power forward" even though the best ever in his eyes..Shaq says the PF position shouldn't fall under "big men".

This is why I've always felt when people say Duncan is the greatest PF is a cop out. He's one of the best players ever and the best of his generation. I knew this would happen tbh Shaq can't match Duncan accolades and can't stomach the fact and admit Duncan was the better player. Insecurity at its finest :lmao

tonight...you
07-19-2016, 05:52 PM
Effing Shawn... hate that guy.

TheGreatYacht
07-19-2016, 05:57 PM
This new age midget ball basketball is damaging the Power Forward label. Jared Dudley is a starting power forward nowadays ffs.

K...
07-19-2016, 06:14 PM
only have one beef with how they're throwing this around," O'Neal said. "They're saying he's one of the greatest big men. Do you count power forwards as big men? Because I don't.

"I was always taught that the big man was a center. I know we got new rules and they don't have the center spot no more, but no."

Today's NBA :cry

Yesterdays has been stars :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

TDomination
07-19-2016, 06:35 PM
Who cares what position he played, he is arguably top 5 all time regardless of position.

coachmac87
07-19-2016, 06:48 PM
I just realized it auto corrected "Shaq" to "Shawn" FML:lmao

SASdynasty!
07-19-2016, 11:01 PM
I just realized it auto corrected "Shaq" to "Shawn" FML:lmao
We should just start calling him that.

BSfromTX
07-19-2016, 11:24 PM
Snaq having a hard time hearing the props Duncan's getting. He's the king of of complimenting and then adding a slight.

daslicer
07-19-2016, 11:28 PM
Shaq has always been super insecure about Duncan. I remember him once saying in his autobiography "Shaq talks back" way back in '01 he said something along these lines "I really hated it when Duncan got that championship in 99. It pissed me off that he had gotten a title before I did. I also used to get angry at Phil when he wouldn't let me guard Duncan for a full game. I would tell Phil that I'm a center and he's a center so I need to match up with him and show it to him that I can stop him. Phil then told me not to take the matchup personal and that I'm a center but Duncan is a Power Forward so there is no need to compare. After Phil told me that I felt much better"

Obstructed_View
07-19-2016, 11:56 PM
Top two big all time. Top three player all time. tbh

Chris
07-19-2016, 11:59 PM
Proofreading means examining your text carefully to find and correct typographical errors and mistakes in grammar, style, and spelling. Here are some tips.

Before You Proofread

Be sure you've revised the larger aspects of your text. Don't make corrections at the sentence and word level if you still need to work on the focus, organization, and development of the whole paper, of sections, or of paragraphs.
Set your text aside for a while (15 minutes, a day, a week) between writing and proofing. Some distance from the text will help you see mistakes more easily.
Eliminate unnecessary words before looking for mistakes. See the writing center handout how to write clear, concise, direct sentences.
Know what to look for. From the comments of your professors or a writing center instructor on past papers, make a list of mistakes you need to watch for.

When You Proofread

Work from a printout, not the computer screen. (But see below for computer functions that can help you find some kinds of mistakes.)
Read out loud. This is especially helpful for spotting run-on sentences, but you'll also hear other problems that you may not see when reading silently.
Use a blank sheet of paper to cover up the lines below the one you're reading. This technique keeps you from skipping ahead of possible mistakes.
Use the search function of the computer to find mistakes you're likely to make. Search for "it," for instance, if you confuse "its" and "it's;" for "-ing" if dangling modifiers are a problem; for opening parentheses or quote marks if you tend to leave out the closing ones.

If you tend to make many mistakes, check separately for each kind of error, moving from the most to the least important, and following whatever technique works best for you to identify that kind of mistake.
For instance, read through once (backwards, sentence by sentence) to check for fragments; read through again (forward) to be sure subjects and verbs agree, and again (perhaps using a computer search for "this," "it," and "they") to trace pronouns to antecedents.
End with a spelling check, using a computer spelling checker or reading backwards word by word.
But remember that a spelling checker won't catch mistakes with homonyms (e.g., "they're," "their," "there") or certain typos (like "he" for "the").

Fireball
07-20-2016, 12:07 AM
semantics ... leave Shaq alone

InRareForm
07-20-2016, 12:13 AM
Semantics

Chinook
07-20-2016, 12:14 AM
The term for just centers is centers. I'm sorry someone lied to Shaq.

coachmac87
07-20-2016, 12:16 AM
GFY Chris

skulls138
07-20-2016, 12:37 AM
Shaq has always been super insecure about Duncan. I remember him once saying in his autobiography "Shaq talks back" way back in '01 he said something along these lines "I really hated it when Duncan got that championship in 99. It pissed me off that he had gotten a title before I did. I also used to get angry at Phil when he wouldn't let me guard Duncan for a full game. I would tell Phil that I'm a center and he's a center so I need to match up with him and show it to him that I can stop him. Phil then told me not to take the matchup personal and that I'm a center but Duncan is a Power Forward so there is no need to compare. After Phil told me that I felt much better"But really, thats the secret to Duncans success, that he didnt get caught up in that mano a mano crap. It was a battle of wits as much as anything else that drove him, in my opinion.

Proxy
07-20-2016, 01:34 AM
Thought I was coming into this thread about Shawn Bradley talkin shit

not Shawn O'Neal

Russo21
07-20-2016, 01:48 AM
Hmm i actually thought Big Daddy had more respect for Duncan than that. Think about the fist bump in the finals, the fact that he called Duncan the Godfather of the West etc. There is a fine line between the terms C and PF these days with how much the game has changed anyway. The true prototypical big man is a dieing breed.

T Park
07-20-2016, 02:56 AM
Hmm i actually thought Big Daddy had more respect for Duncan than that. Think about the fist bump in the finals, the fact that he called Duncan the Godfather of the West etc. There is a fine line between the terms C and PF these days with how much the game has changed anyway. The true prototypical big man is a dieing breed.

You see Shaq, is a dickhead. Always has been always will be. He was a dickhead in Orlando, and he still he is.

Hes stuck in the past just like others for some odd reason. They cant STAND not being involved in conversations as the best or THE best.

Duncan has been getting ranked ahead of Shaq, and rightfully so, and he cant STAND it. Hence, this attention whoring.

Snaq O'Meal
07-20-2016, 03:17 AM
That insecure Fat Bastard should learn to just let it go. Tim has always been the better player, and will be rightly recognised as such.

NameLess Scrub
07-20-2016, 07:10 AM
Calling Tim "not a big man" is obvious nonsense. First time I heard PFs are not big men.
On top of that, Timmy was always more of a C who was able and needed to play PF; so he could dominate in that position.
Once Timmy got older he could slide to C, no problem.

Shaq is a guy who lived off his great genes and a bit of freedom to throw his weight around.
He rambles about being able to eat junk food and still perform better than anybody because he had heart, every time the topic comes up. He should focus more on taking care of his health now.

Shaq's an all time great, Tim is just better, and I hope he headlines the 2020 HOF instead of Kobe.

spurs50_
07-20-2016, 07:53 AM
Fat Ass

I. Hustle
07-20-2016, 08:33 AM
Shawn is was and always will be envious of Jim.

Russ
07-20-2016, 09:08 AM
Remember, Shaq gave TD his nickname, "The Big Fundamental."

(It wasn't meant as a compliment.)

Duncan2177
07-20-2016, 10:10 AM
Big goofy looking fuck.

Chinook
07-20-2016, 10:17 AM
Remember, Shaq gave TD his nickname, "The Big Fundamental."

(It wasn't meant as a compliment.)

You mean "The PF Fundamental"

timtonymanu
07-20-2016, 10:22 AM

:lmao

Obstructed_View
07-20-2016, 10:32 AM
The non-big fundamental.

DJR210
07-20-2016, 12:53 PM
Wtf is Shawn? Michaels?

Snaq O'Meal
07-20-2016, 01:27 PM
Wtf is Shawn? Michaels?

Probably got the fat guys mixed up.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/4f9ea8cc7aa8c5c72779e49163b14aad/tumblr_inline_mzdfgiSByI1qccki6.jpg

Oh, Gee!!
07-20-2016, 04:00 PM
Sean O'Neill

TD 21
07-20-2016, 04:47 PM
Obviously, as has been said, this is O'Neal's usual jealous/bitter nonsense.

But as I've always said, I've never understood why so many act as if Duncan had to be either the greatest power forward of all time or one of the greatest centers of all time. In reality, he was both.

Who cares if he was always more of a center, who just so happened to primarily play power forward for his first ten seasons? He still played it and played it better than anyone ever.

Buddy Mignon
07-20-2016, 04:48 PM
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsports.com/nba/story/shaquille-oneal-tim-duncan-not-a-big-man-071816.amp.html#

Shaq once again showing his jealous side tbh. Said Duncan was a "power forward" even though the best ever in his eyes..Shaq says the PF position shouldn't fall under "big men".

This is why I've always felt when people say Duncan is the greatest PF is a cop out. He's one of the best players ever and the best of his generation. I knew this would happen tbh Shaq can't match Duncan accolades and can't stomach the fact and admit Duncan was the better player. Insecurity at its finest :lmao

Shaq is right. Jim is just a PF. No need in changing the narrative now... you all went to court over that "greatest power forward" bullshit. Also, Shaq owns Jim head to head and defended his title twice.

coachmac87
07-20-2016, 04:55 PM
Shaq is right. Jim is just a PF. No need in changing the narrative now... you all went to court over that "greatest power forward" bullshit. Also, Shaq owns Jim head to head and defended his title twice.

Cool story bro. Your life sucks so bad you go at Duncan's any chance you get

SAGirl
07-20-2016, 05:21 PM
Shaq has always been super insecure about Duncan. I remember him once saying in his autobiography "Shaq talks back" way back in '01 he said something along these lines "I really hated it when Duncan got that championship in 99. It pissed me off that he had gotten a title before I did. I also used to get angry at Phil when he wouldn't let me guard Duncan for a full game. I would tell Phil that I'm a center and he's a center so I need to match up with him and show it to him that I can stop him. Phil then told me not to take the matchup personal and that I'm a center but Duncan is a Power Forward so there is no need to compare. After Phil told me that I felt much better"
:lol The job of NBA coaches: to nurture star egos.

DJR210
07-20-2016, 08:50 PM
Probably got the fat guys mixed up.

http://66.media.tumblr.com/4f9ea8cc7aa8c5c72779e49163b14aad/tumblr_inline_mzdfgiSByI1qccki6.jpg

:lol Hard to believe that man had a 48" vertical at one point

:lol What cocaine enthusiast gets fat

gospursgojas
07-20-2016, 10:34 PM
He spells it Sean Elliott

Sean Cagney
07-20-2016, 10:38 PM
Obviously, as has been said, this is O'Neal's usual jealous/bitter nonsense.

Yep, probably grew more and more when Tim GOT 5......

Obi Juan Kenobi
07-20-2016, 11:49 PM
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/2032067-tim-duncan-of-the-san-antonio-spurs-tries-to-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=v5P3FtV7N8M0yKovGjpzh58sHypvGus43obU12R3fr%2ByLM jSJRqWMvgseZGhcNwSIueeqf9izJyYf48sKsrgdCIUCPG%2B%2 FspnmE4hoOzxMP0%3D

Arcadian
07-21-2016, 12:10 AM
Nonsense. Tim is a PF/C, the perfect mold for a "big man."

This is just what Shaq tells himself to resolve his own cognitive dissonance. He knows Tim had the better career, so he "can't" be in the same category...

Sean Cagney
07-21-2016, 12:40 AM
Nonsense. Tim is a PF/C, the perfect mold for a "big man."

This is just what Shaq tells himself to resolve his own cognitive dissonance. He knows Tim had the better career, so he "can't" be in the same category...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt-6dG_dKjM

Snaq O'Meal
07-21-2016, 12:40 AM
Fuck that insecure fat bastard. DRob used to own his sorry fat ass before being slowed down by back injuries.

Obi Juan Kenobi
07-21-2016, 01:29 AM
Fuck that insecure fat bastard. DRob used to own his sorry fat ass before being slowed down by back injuries.

LOL was waiting for Snaq to chime in...

Arcadian
07-21-2016, 03:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt-6dG_dKjM

Nice, I just watched that whole video. :lol Tim was already the best player on earth in his second year. :lol Lakers :lol Swept to close down the Forum

midnightpulp
07-21-2016, 03:50 AM
Shaq is retarded and he's obviously not seeing the forest for the trees here.

If he dismisses Duncan as a "big man," then that basically means Shaq never beat a great counterpart bigman en-route to a title. No. A far past his prime David Robinson doesn't count.

Let's see, without Duncan, the opposing "true" big men Shaq beat in his title runs:

- Sabonis with no knees
- Vlade Divac
- Rik Smits
- Dikembe Mutombo
- Old Luc Longley
- Todd McCulloch :lmao
- Desagana diop :lmao
- Erick Dampier :lmao

Spurtacular
07-21-2016, 04:46 AM
Wow, Shaq went full retard.

Snaq O'Meal
07-21-2016, 04:58 AM
Wow, Shaq went full retard.

Shaq IS a retard.

ECOV
07-21-2016, 05:42 AM
Shaq is right. Jim is just a PF. No need in changing the narrative now... you all went to court over that "greatest power forward" bullshit. Also, Shaq owns Jim head to head and defended his title twice.6'11 bitch

cutewizard
07-21-2016, 06:05 AM
Lamarcus must restore the status of the power forward position this season!

SPURt
07-21-2016, 08:44 AM
A Shaq also said Tim is not a top five player putting AI and Dr. J ahead of Tim lol

If the point of sport is to win Tim and Bill Russell were the best at it.

UZER
07-21-2016, 08:49 AM
******* Oneal

J_Paco
07-21-2016, 09:53 AM
As great as he is, Shaquille was always an insecure bitch. If you played either the PF or C position then you are a "big man" simple as that. Only in Shaq's pea - sized brain are power forwards not considered "big men." I guess Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, Bob Pettit, Kevin McHale, Bob McAdoo, etc. weren't great big men either than.

Sean Cagney
07-21-2016, 01:30 PM
A Shaq also said Tim is not a top five player putting AI and Dr. J ahead of Tim lol

LOL AI,what has he ever won? Seriously. Great talent but not a winner nor a leader. He would never take the role or sacrifice like Tim to win, that is why he was out of the league when Memphis did not work out.

UZER
07-21-2016, 02:33 PM

The further he gets away from his playing days, the more this shit is going to start flying out of his mouth.

skulls138
07-21-2016, 06:41 PM
Lamarcus must restore the status of the power forward position this season!In all facets, like Timmy D. Not as good as but have pride in rebounds and D as well as scoring.

BillMc
07-21-2016, 07:26 PM
:lol

Mnky
07-22-2016, 05:48 AM
Shaq is just doing his job and getting ratings for all his appearances. He's an entertainer. Its what he does. He's always spoke highly of Duncan and been blunt how he didn't like Duncan going past him in rings because of the significance of their battle as bigs. He knows what it is.

Obstructed_View
07-22-2016, 11:45 AM
The Big Emotional.