PDA

View Full Version : Hornets: NBA moves all star game..

apalisoc_9
07-21-2016, 04:47 PM
Hb2 law that requires an lgbt individual to use washrooms designated for the birth sex

:lmao

Can't wait for the inevitable american collapse.

Big Dog
07-21-2016, 04:50 PM
SJW move by Adam Silver.

poeticism707
07-21-2016, 04:55 PM
Hb2 law that requires an lgbt individual to use washrooms designated for the birth sex

Can't wait for the inevitable american collapse.

We all know knew that disgusting bullshit was coming...

LOL LGBTNBA

A fucking oxymoron if there ever was one...

Big Dog
07-21-2016, 04:56 PM
I've been reading rumors (maybe unsubstantiated) that the Hornets will move to Seattle. So let's recap:

-Law is passed, the city of Charlotte tries to work with its LGBT community by passing a non-discrimination ordinance, state repeals it.
-Lose All-Star game to the city that also took your franchise look for awhile
-Probably going to lose the franchise to those idiots from Seattle

AlexJones
07-21-2016, 04:59 PM
Yay!

Big Dog
07-21-2016, 04:59 PM
Crazy these times. Show one ounce of what can be perceived as discriminatory action for one minority group and you can have business taken away from you just like that. Imagine how much Charlotte and the state of NC has lost due to businesses pulling business out of their state lines?

offset formation
07-21-2016, 05:05 PM
Would love to see the Thunder go back to whence they came. OKC is a the cesspool of Murica.

K...
07-21-2016, 05:21 PM
man. ordinary Americans just want to ignore the prob of transies. But the religgy nuts made it their business. It's a referendum on whether Trans people exist.

So anyway, ya'll fuckers weren't going to charlotte anyways. NO is way more fun.

TrainOfThought5
07-21-2016, 05:47 PM
I've been reading rumors (maybe unsubstantiated) that the Hornets will move to Seattle. So let's recap:

-Law is passed, the city of Charlotte tries to work with its LGBT community by passing a non-discrimination ordinance, state repeals it.

Seems fair, whats the problem?

TrainOfThought5
07-21-2016, 05:48 PM
Crazy these times. Show one ounce of what can be perceived as discriminatory action for one minority group and you can have business taken away from you just like that. Imagine how much Charlotte and the state of NC has lost due to businesses pulling business out of their state lines?

I thought you guys loved capitalism. These businesses are free to support whatever city they want. And that includes the NBA.

TrainOfThought5
07-21-2016, 05:48 PM
We all know knew that disgusting bullshit was coming...

LOL LGBTNBA

A fucking oxymoron if there ever was one...

Whats the oxymoron?

Joseph Kony
07-21-2016, 05:51 PM
tbh it's not just about the bathroom, that's what conservitards want to simplify it as. kudos to the NBA for giving the finger to that shitty state :lol

Mr. Body
07-21-2016, 06:48 PM

Guess you dropped out of grade school before they taught the basics of the Civil Rights Era? It's been fifty years, no excuse for being this shit-stupid.

Thread
07-21-2016, 07:57 PM
Same hump that dragged Sterling out into the street and hung him up. Left him swingin' there with a 2 billion dollar check stapled to his forehead so I'd we'd go back to regular scheduled programming.

UZER
07-21-2016, 08:01 PM
Silver is a very "happy" man.

lefty
07-21-2016, 08:03 PM
:lol today's NBA all star games

Big Dog
07-21-2016, 08:03 PM
Seems fair, whats the problem?
I didn't say there was a problem with anything. Merely pointing out how Charlotte is getting shafted for a state law.

I thought you guys loved capitalism. These businesses are free to support whatever city they want. And that includes the NBA.
Those are the times. Just hoped the NBA would keep out of political/social issues.

Guess you dropped out of grade school before they taught the basics of the Civil Rights Era? It's been fifty years, no excuse for being this shit-stupid.
What the fuck are you on about, dumbass?

tonight...you
07-21-2016, 08:08 PM
:eyebrows:eyebrows:eyebrows

Splits
07-21-2016, 08:15 PM
Same hump that dragged Sterling out into the street and hung him up. Left him swingin' there with a 2 billion dollar check stapled to his forehead so I'd we'd go back to regular scheduled programming.

Dale sure does love his McRacist Donalds

daslicer
07-21-2016, 08:22 PM

I live in Charlotte. You are full of shit when it comes to the rumor of the Hornets moving. There has been zero rumors about the team moving.

Big Dog
07-21-2016, 08:31 PM
I live in Charlotte. You are full of shit when it comes to the rumor of the Hornets moving. There has been zero rumors about the team moving.
v

I've been reading rumors (maybe unsubstantiated) that the Hornets will move to Seattle.
Learn to read you fucking idiot.

07-21-2016, 08:31 PM
:lol Today's state laws

Killakobe81
07-21-2016, 08:39 PM

He does seem awfully joyous tbh ...
Not that it proves anything but is he married?

UZER
07-21-2016, 08:47 PM

Lost his multi million dollar business because he didn't want some chick dating black dudes. That's like every non black dad ever. But it's ok, at least Hillary is trustworthy.

baseline bum
07-21-2016, 08:51 PM
He does seem awfully joyous tbh ...
Not that it proves anything but is he married?

http://i.imgur.com/uU306V2.jpg

Thread
07-21-2016, 09:10 PM

Just a member of "the greatest people who has ever trod this earth."

Thread
07-21-2016, 09:11 PM

He's got Media in his pocket. When you can lynch a Jew in broad daylight and Media provides the materiels you're in.

daslicer
07-21-2016, 09:16 PM
tbh it's not just about the bathroom, that's what conservitards want to simplify it as. kudos to the NBA for giving the finger to that shitty state :lol

A lot of people make the easy mistake of assuming NC is hardcore conservative state when it's not. It's not a blue or red state but a purple state. Obama won it in '08 and Romney barely won it in '12 by only 2 points. Clinton is the favorite to win it this year. NC is divided 50-50 between conservatives and liberals. I was looking forward to going to the ASG game this year since I live in Charlotte but now obviously it's not happening. Before you rejoice about this move think about 50 percent of the state that got dicked over by this move who are tolerant before you group us all as backwards people.

TrainOfThought5
07-21-2016, 09:28 PM
:lol Today's state laws

Trainwreck2100
07-21-2016, 10:24 PM

no way jordan agrees to the move, basically Silver said if they renovated the arena they'd get the game. They did that, and silver fucked them over some stupid law that affects like 5 people

Mal
07-22-2016, 04:39 AM

UZER
07-22-2016, 07:16 AM
no way jordan agrees to the move, basically Silver said if they renovated the arena they'd get the game. They did that, and silver fucked them over some stupid law that affects like 5 people

:lol

It's personal for Silver

Mal
07-22-2016, 08:05 AM
That is fucking disrespecful to people of Charlotte and NC.

StrengthAndHonor
07-22-2016, 08:07 AM

thats real corny tbh..

07-22-2016, 08:22 AM

DPG21920
07-22-2016, 08:49 AM

Well, if that is true, then by default NC made the wrong choice. They need to represent the feelings of their population both civilian and business and if they are losing that much because of the decision, they made the wrong choice.

No one is saying that NC can't do what they did; however, like anything else there are consequences. They felt the consequences were worth their actions. Let's see if they are right.

Business and people have a right to do what they want - them moving their businesses away and others taking their money out of the state is not only a predictable response but absolutely 100% ok as its their freedom.

DPG21920
07-22-2016, 08:53 AM
I didn't say there was a problem with anything. Merely pointing out how Charlotte is getting shafted for a state law.

You seemed to imply there was something wrong by saying NC got shafted. They didn't get shafted. They made a choice as the state which they are free to do and like all decisions there are repercussions. No one got shafted. Everyone got what they wanted in fact - NC got their law and business got to make their choice on where to put their money.

Those are the times. Just hoped the NBA would keep out of political/social issues.

Why do you want the NBA out of social issues? Also, seems foolish to want that since the NBA is by far the most progressive sports league in the world on speaking out on issues. Not just the organization but it's athletes as well.

DPG21920
07-22-2016, 08:55 AM

Well, if that is true, then Silver did MJ a favor by leveraging the AS game for Jordan as a means for him to pressure the state into upgrading the stadium likely on the people's dime (like most stadiums). Jordan got free upgrades TBH..

DisAsTerBot
07-22-2016, 09:22 AM
That is fucking disrespecful to people of Charlotte and NC.

lol wut?

Mal
07-22-2016, 11:41 AM
lol wut?

They have their laws, don`t try to enforce LGBT rights at all costs. Seriously NBA taking All-star games because transgender must use diffrent toilets -.-

DisAsTerBot
07-22-2016, 12:32 PM
They have their laws, don`t try to enforce LGBT rights at all costs. Seriously NBA taking All-star games because transgender must use diffrent toilets -.-

lmao "at all costs". :cry the nba allstar game is a right :cry

cd98
07-22-2016, 12:59 PM
NBA players should dress up like women and play a game that way to show their support.

Phenomanul
07-22-2016, 01:21 PM
Meanwhile, the NBA has games in China... promotes the NBA brand relentlessly...

China's government remains an authoritarian one-party state. It places arbitrary curbs on expression, association, assembly, and religion; prohibits independent labor unions and human rights organizations; and maintains Party control over all judicial institutions.

The government censors the press, the Internet, print publications, and academic research, and justifies human rights abuses as necessary to preserve “social stability.” It carries out involuntary population relocation and rehousing on a massive scale, and enforces highly repressive policies in ethnic minority areas in Tibet, Xinjiang, and Inner Mongolia. China’s education system discriminates against children and young people with disabilities. The government obstructs domestic and international scrutiny of its human rights record, insisting it is "an attempt to destabilize the country."

Activists endure police monitoring, detention, arrest, enforced disappearance, and torture. There is no protection for gays and lesbians against discrimination, and family's that want to have more than the state prescribed number of children are subject to forced abortions.

But the NBA is fine with hosting games in that paradise. Oh what level of hypocrisy...!

DPG21920
07-22-2016, 01:34 PM

China's government remains an authoritarian one-party state. It places arbitrary curbs on expression, association, assembly, and religion; prohibits independent labor unions and human rights organizations; and maintains Party control over all judicial institutions.

The government censors the press, the Internet, print publications, and academic research, and justifies human rights abuses as necessary to preserve “social stability.” It carries out involuntary population relocation and rehousing on a massive scale, and enforces highly repressive policies in ethnic minority areas in Tibet, Xinjiang, and Inner Mongolia. China’s education system discriminates against children and young people with disabilities. The government obstructs domestic and international scrutiny of its human rights record, insisting it is "an attempt to destabilize the country."

Activists endure police monitoring, detention, arrest, enforced disappearance, and torture. There is no protection for gays and lesbians against discrimination, and family's that want to have more than the state prescribed number of children are subject to forced abortions.

But the NBA is fine with hosting games in that paradise. Oh what level of hypocrisy...!

While I don't disagree, a few things:

1. The NBA is a business. And just like the decision to pull out of NC or like NC's decision to have that law, you are free to do what you want but there are reprucussions. NBA feels like the business decision is a good one to be in China despite the way they treat people and most seem to agree since its thriving both foreign and domestically. If people were that offended by China and the nba's involvement, they would take their business elsewhere. So far, that has not happened.

2. The obvious difference is one is an American State (NC) and one is another country where you have no real influence to change things. I don't disagree that it's a little hypocritical but in context of point #1 & this one, you can only do so much. The fact the NBA was considering having the game in NC even with the law shows they aren't always about being altruistic.

3. You can't be perfect and speak up on every single event or else you'd find yourself impossibly over-whelmed both personally and professionally. Every country, state, city, etc..has terrible things going on. It's about the pressing issues, business & what your company (the NBA) is about.

Not going to China won't hurt China but would the NBA. Exposing people to American culture is a way to help IMO. NC doesn't need exposure to American culture - they are American. This is about making a statement for the country the NBA resides in and standing up for the people here with a tangible act that actually makes a difference.

Thread
07-22-2016, 01:42 PM
^Deeps, runnin' just as fast as he can.

DMC
07-22-2016, 01:44 PM
It's a business move. I have no problem with it. That's how it goes with the free market system. If Bob's Fill Dirt and Taco Service moved from Seguin to Boerne because of the new laws in Seguin, no one would give a shit. Up the ante to a hundred million and suddenly it's an important issue.

Likewise I have no issue with the state laws and they should not repeal them simply because a private sports and entertainment business decided to have an event elsewhere.

The NBA still authorizes the franchise in Charlotte. They still have exhibitions in China (human rights capitol of the world) so whatever "right now" bullshit causes them to act out is up to them and their business will either gain or lose from it.

DMC
07-22-2016, 01:50 PM
While I don't disagree, a few things:

1. The NBA is a business. And just like the decision to pull out of NC or like NC's decision to have that law, you are free to do what you want but there are reprucussions. NBA feels like the business decision is a good one to be in China despite the way they treat people and most seem to agree since its thriving both foreign and domestically. If people were that offended by China and the nba's involvement, they would take their business elsewhere. So far, that has not happened.

2. The obvious difference is one is an American State (NC) and one is another country where you have no real influence to change things. I don't disagree that it's a little hypocritical but in context of point #1 & this one, you can only do so much. The fact the NBA was considering having the game in NC even with the law shows they aren't always about being altruistic.

3. You can't be perfect and speak up on every single event or else you'd find yourself impossibly over-whelmed both personally and professionally. Every country, state, city, etc..has terrible things going on. It's about the pressing issues, business & what your company (the NBA) is about.

Not going to China won't hurt China but would the NBA. Exposing people to American culture is a way to help IMO. NC doesn't need exposure to American culture - they are American. This is about making a statement for the country the NBA resides in and standing up for the people here with a tangible act that actually makes a difference.

It can be whittled down to the fact that it's not really costing the NBA anything to move elsewhere. It's costing the city of Charlotte. The NBA cannot put that kind of financial pressure on China.

It's not at all about making a statement. It's about taking the path of least resistance.

Thread
07-22-2016, 01:54 PM
It's a business move. I have no problem with it. That's how it goes with the free market system. If Bob's Fill Dirt and Taco Service moved from Seguin to Boerne because of the new laws in Seguin, no one would give a shit. Up the ante to a hundred million and suddenly it's an important issue.

Likewise I have no issue with the state laws and they should not repeal them simply because a private sports and entertainment business decided to have an event elsewhere.

The NBA still authorizes the franchise in Charlotte. They still have exhibitions in China (human rights capitol of the world) so whatever "right now" bullshit causes them to act out is up to them and their business will either gain or lose from it.

It can be whittled down to the fact that it's not really costing the NBA anything to move elsewhere. It's costing the city of Charlotte. The NBA cannot put that kind of financial pressure on China.

It's not at all about making a statement. It's about taking the path of least resistance.

D, runnin' just as fast as he can,,,next to Deeps.

Phenomanul
07-22-2016, 02:17 PM
Being LGBTQIA+ is a choice... not genetic.

LGBTQIA+ folks are the only peeps pulling the "discrimination" card based on something that they do... and not because of something that they are at birth.

I'll post it again, from the "NBA LGBT shirts thread"

That said, I personally find it distastefully ignorant that those with LGBTQ self-identity refuse to acknowledge that sexual desire is A CHOICE. They want to distance themselves from the accountability of said choice. Over the past several decades the LGBTQ camp has been very successful at equating their plight to the Civil Rights movement or Woman's Suffrage movement, by suggesting that "they are born that way," that "they didn't have a choice". But for the most part, genetically speaking, they don't have a scientific basis on which to assert the validity of that claim. Pedophiles make the same claims, but we know that their mindset is wrong even if they've never 'harmed' a child - and society rightfully condemns said behavior. In some instances, identifying it as a mental disease.

The Human Genome Project was completed in 2003, and after 13 years of painstakingly mapping out humanity's genetic pool (and after much insistence/patronage from the LGBTQ camp) a "gay" gene was never found or identified - even though dedicated teams were specifically looking for said gene, and despite a disproportionate amount of LGBTQ genetic donors for said effort.

http://www.mygenes.co.nz/download.htm

This is just an extension of society continuing to proliferate two lies.

Lie No. 1: That IF one doesn't condone LGBTQ behavior, THEN you "hate" LGBTQ people.

Lie No. 2: (related) That IF one doesn't condone LGBTQ behavior, THEN you cannot love LGBTQ people.

Nothing could be further from the truth. I don't condone everything my children do. It doesn't mean I love them any less. When they do wrong they must be instructed for correction.

That the NBA wants to do this, is well within their rights... frankly however, it's just more of the same - more of the millennial mindset. No one needs to be held accountable for their choices, "it's always someone else's fault" / "let me do as I please". A brave new world indeed.

cd98
07-22-2016, 02:20 PM
NBA has every right to move the all star game (do people even watch that anymore?). But I do think that if you pick and choose which issues you are going to take a stance on, you open yourself up to criticism and claims of hypocrisy that may cost you fans. My suggestion is to just keep the all-star weekend where it is and make a point of being inclusive. But the NBA made the change to get a big pat on its back for being "open minded." If that's the case, then be consistently "open minded" not selectively or it just looks like the NBA is following an agenda.

Big Dog
07-22-2016, 02:22 PM
You seemed to imply there was something wrong by saying NC got shafted. They didn't get shafted. They made a choice as the state which they are free to do and like all decisions there are repercussions. No one got shafted. Everyone got what they wanted in fact - NC got their law and business got to make their choice on where to put their money.
I didn't say there was a problem with anything, nor did I intend to imply there was one. One can point out how a party may look to be getting the lesser end of the leash. I personally don't have a dog in the fight. And if any of that unsubstantiated rumor mill shit is true about Seattle getting a team again, I would hope NC would change some of that law.

Also you aren't understanding my previous posts that well. The city of Charlotte has been on record to try and work with its LGBT group. Them not getting the Allstar game is a direct product of a law passed by their state. Charlotte itself has tried passing a city non-ordinance. They, Charlotte, are basically taking one for the team. Too bad their state might have pissed off the powers that be.

Why do you want the NBA out of social issues? Also, seems foolish to want that since the NBA is by far the most progressive sports league in the world on speaking out on issues. Not just the organization but it's athletes as well.
Personally I like to separate my professional, social and leisure life as much as possible. That sometimes isn't entirely possible with all the overlap in entertainment and pop culture. The NBA's decision to move the allstar game is a move out of political correctedness. The NBA should focus on improving ways to entertain its fans, not make controversial decisions based on touchy issues.

Phenomanul
07-22-2016, 02:22 PM
Adam Silver has a personal agenda on the issue. It's not the NBA's place to tell a State how to govern themselves. The people of the state voted. If they want to pull out of Charlotte that's the NBA's choice - however, why has the commissioner been given so much authority to unilaterally do so? Is he not accountable to the owners of the league's teams?

Mal
07-22-2016, 02:23 PM
lmao "at all costs". :cry the nba allstar game is a right :cry

It isn`t only about nba all star game. Even leave LGBT alone, the easiest example of what political correctness, and "love everybody, everybody is loved blah blah" it that obese people, with BMI around 40, are being told that this OK, that they are beautiful, when they clearly are not. People forget how to say things, what they are, because nowadays, everyone could be racist, facists.

Meanwhile in Germany, 5 people are dead, because some muslim didn`t like them.

DisAsTerBot
07-22-2016, 02:34 PM
It isn`t only about nba all star game. Even leave LGBT alone, the easiest example of what political correctness, and "love everybody, everybody is loved blah blah" it that obese people, with BMI around 40, are being told that this OK, that they are beautiful, when they clearly are not. People forget how to say things, what they are, because nowadays, everyone could be racist, facists.

Meanwhile in Germany, 5 people are dead, because some muslim didn`t like them.

what the fuck are you talking about?

DisAsTerBot
07-22-2016, 02:36 PM
lmao phenomanul could be sexually attracted to the same sex but chooses not to.

07-22-2016, 02:45 PM
:lol

DMC
07-22-2016, 02:52 PM
D, runnin' just as fast as he can,,,next to Deeps.
Why should I give a fuck? It's a private business. When it becomes illegal to make private business decisions in the US, I'll go to Nam with you and we can take jacks and timbers.

DMC
07-22-2016, 02:54 PM
Adam Silver has a personal agenda on the issue. It's not the NBA's place to tell a State how to govern themselves. The people of the state voted. If they want to pull out of Charlotte that's the NBA's choice - however, why has the commissioner been given so much authority to unilaterally do so? Is he not accountable to the owners of the league's teams?
Pretty sure he didn't make the decision unilaterally and the ASG is a league affair, not a franchise affair.

DMC
07-22-2016, 02:55 PM
Being LGBTQIA+ is a choice... not genetic.

LGBTQIA+ folks are the only peeps pulling the "discrimination" card based on something that they do... and not because of something that they are at birth.

I'll post it again, from the "NBA LGBT shirts thread"

Sorry, but that doesn't fly. It's like saying you like tuna but only because you want to, which means you could want to like shit and suddenly it's a delicacy.

I get you're referring to the sex change or change of status, but it still applies. I don't agree with recognizing anyone as the opposite sex their DNA says they are, from a legal perspective, but from a social one I don't give a shit.

I. Hustle
07-22-2016, 03:19 PM
They should just have the All Star game at the Alamodome again. Do it, Mitch

Phenomanul
07-22-2016, 03:35 PM

Ummm no.

Try again.

Phenomanul
07-22-2016, 03:37 PM

For all we know DisAsTerBot is sexually attracted to children and wants to open the floodgates on the acceptability of any sexual preference.

DisAsTerBot
07-22-2016, 03:50 PM
For all we know DisAsTerBot is sexually attracted to children and wants to open the floodgates on the acceptability of any sexual preference.

:sleep

right cause homosexuality is the same as pedophilia.
fuckin jesus lovers tbh

K...
07-22-2016, 03:53 PM

This is the second time I've addressed that study...it's an old thing.

It's true, there is no gay gene. We call dna the building blocks of development but they are just that..the building blocks. Human design is still random in development.

If you could choose to be gay, then why doesn't everyone do it? Even if it is a fraud what reason is there for caring?

Anyway, gender and sex are old ideas that will be discredited within fifty years. The idea that you have to be male or female will be ridiculous.

K...
07-22-2016, 03:56 PM

You lost this battle 40 years ago when society stopped punishing pre martial sex. All the gay and abortion shit is really just about the idea that we can't prevent people from having sex when we don't want them to. It's so dumb really because teen births and abortion are historically low so the anti people look more ridiculous because they won't admit the real issue is sex.

Phenomanul
07-22-2016, 04:31 PM

right cause homosexuality is the same as pedophilia.
fuckin jesus lovers tbh

The object of sexual desire is a choice. The fact that you cannot dissociate the "choice" from the "action" is part of the problem.

Phenomanul
07-22-2016, 04:34 PM
You lost this battle 40 years ago when society stopped punishing pre martial sex. All the gay and abortion shit is really just about the idea that we can't prevent people from having sex when we don't want them to. It's so dumb really because teen births and abortion are historically low so the anti people look more ridiculous because they won't admit the real issue is sex.

My argument is not sex.

Try again.

DisAsTerBot
07-22-2016, 04:41 PM

The object of sexual desire is a choice. The fact that you cannot dissociate the "choice" from the "action" is part of the problem.

so by your logic: you, phenomanul, can choose to sexually desire a person of your same sex.

DisAsTerBot
07-22-2016, 04:42 PM
you equating the "action" to a "sin" is THE problem.

Phenomanul
07-22-2016, 04:43 PM
This is the second time I've addressed that study...it's an old thing.

Don't take it personal but you clearly don't understand genetics.

It's true, there is no gay gene. We call dna the building blocks of development but they are just that..the building blocks. Human design is still random in development.

Again, you clearly don't understand genetics.

If you could choose to be gay, then why doesn't everyone do it? Even if it is a fraud what reason is there for caring?

The prevalence of that choice is in fact increasing because society is moving towards accepting it as a legitimate choice rather than a deviant one...

Anyway, gender and sex are old ideas that will be discredited within fifty years.
Much to the destabilization of society...

The idea that you have to be male or female will be ridiculous.
And yet our genes define us that way.

Lets just all wear gray uniforms, and everyone shave their heads... let everyone take hormone therapies such that everyone become more androgynous (some indeterminate place in the middle).

I'd rather celebrate the differences between the sexes than accept some crappy "politically correct" position that those differences are somehow bad for society and need to be eliminated.

daslicer
07-22-2016, 04:50 PM
v

Learn to read you fucking idiot.

First you said unsubstantiated rumors and then in you own words said "Probably going to lose the franchise to those idiots from Seattle". Which means you believe the "unsubstantiated" rumors. This is like me saying they are unsubstantiated rumors that Obama is actually Satan in disguise and then saying I think it's probably true Obama is Satan. Fact is you believed in that rumor which makes you pretty stupid since you don't know the actual current situation about the Hornets.

The Hornets have a lease until 2025 and to get out it it will cost over 70 plus mil to get out of it right now. On top of that they are ton of requirements the Hornets would have to meet to get out of the lease. If you don't believe me here is my source http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2016/07/14/could-the-charlotte-hornets-follow-the-nba-all.html. Also I doubt MJ is going to sell the team since he's from NC granted it could happen if some guy throws a ridiculous offer at him but that's highly unlikely to happen. Thirdly Charlotte is second in the nation after NYC in banking which makes it highly unlikely Silver would even attempt to try to move the hornets due to his connections with the banking community. Silver taking the All-star game away was a move made to appease the liberal NBA fan base who were outraged by this law.

Phenomanul
07-22-2016, 04:53 PM
so by your logic: you, phenomanul, can choose to sexually desire a person of your same sex.

Exactly. But I've chosen to find sexual gratification in the opposite gender not in my own.

Phenomanul
07-22-2016, 05:00 PM
you equating the "action" to a "sin" is THE problem.

That philosophical distinction is also a choice. You don't have to believe it.

In that framework, or even within your own my former statement still stands: there is a clear distinction between sexual desire (a choice) and action (homosexuality)... In the context of pedophilia, children and pre-teens are the object of sexual desire for some people... they may never act on it. They may not own any child pornography. But as a society we still rightfully condemn that desire, that choice. The actions predicated from that choice are illegal. But the choice itself is not.

It's a slippery slope you folks are antsy to rush towards.

AlexJones
07-22-2016, 06:58 PM

Cowharlem

Thread
07-22-2016, 09:25 PM
Why should I give a fuck? It's a private business. When it becomes illegal to make private business decisions in the US, I'll go to Nam with you and we can take jacks and timbers.

I never leave America.

It's my religion.

DPG21920
07-22-2016, 10:10 PM
I never leave America.

It's my religion.

You should go to America's reading room (Canada).

ElNono
07-22-2016, 11:38 PM
In the context of pedophilia, children and pre-teens are the object of sexual desire for some people... they may never act on it. They may not own any child pornography. But as a society we still rightfully condemn that desire, that choice.

Not really, what we protect is the fact that the children don't have the psychological capacity to even understand a sexual relationship. That's not really an issue with adults.

Clipper Nation
07-22-2016, 11:44 PM

Cowharlem
I hate Cowturd, but he's right about both LeGOAT and Dad Killer.

Just out of curiosity - is the NBA also going to stop trying to break into the Chinese market, a country where gays and lesbians have no protection, no legal recognition, and couldn't even legally have sex until 1997?

(Spoiler alert: they won't, and they won't even acknowledge the hypocrisy. Libcucks like Silver will continue to give them a pass because they aren't part of the Western world that they hate.)

Thread
07-22-2016, 11:57 PM
Just out of curiosity - is the NBA also going to stop trying to break into the Chinese market, a country where gays and lesbians have no protection, no legal recognition, and couldn't even legally have sex until 1997?

(Spoiler alert: they won't, and they won't even acknowledge the hypocrisy. Libcucks like Silver will continue to give them a pass because they aren't part of the Western world that they hate.)

CN

ambchang
07-23-2016, 07:01 AM

Cowharlem

Not sure why he pulled Lebron in the conversation out of no where. If you want to talk about an nba superstar that is tolerant of the lgbtq community, he should have used magic as an example. He was so tolerant that he turned gay himself and had a gay son himself.

What did Lebron do? The man crush with wade and Paul?

UNT Eagles 2016
07-23-2016, 09:25 AM
Silver proving he's a faggot :lol
Today's faggot NBA :lol

Phenomanul
07-23-2016, 12:34 PM
Not really, what we protect is the fact that the children don't have the psychological capacity to even understand a sexual relationship. That's not really an issue with adults.

I'm not talking about the children themselves.... I'm talking about the desire of the deviant who is sexually objectifying them. Unless you think it is perfectly fine for an adult to fantasize about children and pre-teens...?

The point I'm making is that as a society, we rightfully condemn even the latter scenario despite the fact that technically it isn't illegal for the deviant to think about those fantasies.

We know it to be wrong. But today's moral anarchists want free-reign on "anything goes"...

So if the LGBT crowd had managed to find proof that "they didn't have a choice on who they sexually desired" because that's how they were wired (genetically speaking) then conceptually it would be wrong to hold their actions against them. --> That same line of reasoning would also absolve pedophiles from societal criticisms of their desires, because again, "they didn't choose to be born with those sexual predispositions and desires". Sure, legal measures could still exist to "protect children" from the reach of pedophiles, but the pedophile would have to be accepted as a normal and valid self-identity...

Unfortunately for their cause, the FACT remains that SEXUAL DESIRES ARE NOT GENETIC! (as supported by the HGP, data from identical twins, etc...)

So ultimately when LGBTQIA+ adherents use the "discrimination card" for a choice they are making their situation has no equivalence whatsoever with the civil rights or the women's suffrage movements they desperately want to latch on to --> movements based on "who someone is" and not on "what they choose to do".

The fact that society has already caved-in to their false corollaries is absurd.

poeticism707
07-23-2016, 11:54 PM

This.

The NBA is full of white collar dick taking faggots,

that would slit their mother's throat

for a few more pennies in profits...

ElNono
07-24-2016, 03:10 AM
I'm not talking about the children themselves.... I'm talking about the desire of the deviant who is sexually objectifying them. Unless you think it is perfectly fine for an adult to fantasize about children and pre-teens...?

The point I'm making is that as a society, we rightfully condemn even the latter scenario despite the fact that technically it isn't illegal for the deviant to think about those fantasies.

The law is clear that we don't criminalize thoughts. Anybody is free to think whatever they want, and that's a big part of freedom, whether you, me or anybody else find the thoughts morally repugnant. I think we agree on that.

What you're talking about are social moral values, and history has shown they're largely contemporary. They simply change over time, because society isn't static, and likes to evolve and question such artificial rules.

At some point in time, a vast majority of people thought segregation was morally correct and justified too. That women's rightful place was in the kitchen, and away from a voting booth. Or that there was no place for homosexuality (despite the fact that it takes two to tango, and really had zero bearing on heterosexuals). And as society moves forward, more of those artificial boundaries are going to be tested over and over again. It's only natural, we humans are wired to always question and test the limits. I don't find anything particularly strange about that.

Most any medical professional today will make the case that pedophiles are mentally sick people (no different than other mentally sick people, like a person with PTSD, etc). The main reason we monitor pedophiles closely, is not because of a moral witch hunt, it's because of the danger that, if they do act on their thoughts, they'll be literally preying on young innocent victims, which require protection. When we're talking about consenting adults though, it's a completely different ballgame.

Maybe for the indoctrinated (especially the religious kind), this is "moral anarchy!", but really, that's their own problem, right?

And all that said, I don't necessarily agree with what the NBA has done in this case. Not because of that nonsense about China (which is a ridiculous point, since almost the entire US lives off of China's cheap goods and love them, which only emboldens their government to abuse their population more and more). But because it's really not fair to the fans, who are the biggest losers here due to the shenanigans of politicos du jour.

Then again, we're talking about Silver here... maybe he thought he would make more money in another city...

daslicer
07-24-2016, 03:16 PM
But because it's really not fair to the fans, who are the biggest losers here due to the shenanigans of politicos du jour.

Then again, we're talking about Silver here... maybe he thought he would make more money in another city...

This. I live in Charlotte but I like many people down here were against this law. What people don't realize when they say NC supported this law is that its kind of incorrect. It was the crazy Governor who pushed this law against the will of the people. I'm angered about this decision mainly because I was looking forward to all the festivities the ASG game brings and because it was going to be in my city that I wouldn't need to book a hotel. It sucks this decision was made mainly because a bunch of liberal blowhards in California got emotional about this law. I doubt these same people would boycott the NBA and stop going to Warrior games had Silver decided to keep the game in Charlotte.